PDA

View Full Version : We have big issues with football program and gameday.

R2Dawg
11-05-2023, 05:13 PM
For anyone that didn't go to game, the Junction got trashed and was like a mob scene with fights, massive pot smoking and arrests. What I saw leaving last night made me mad that we have allowed our game day atmosphere to turn into a gang scene in the junction.

We must fix this now. We got several things that need fixing.

The stage music scene needs to move to the amphitheater. The band needs to march thru the junction into the stadium, not the ridiculous route they do now. The junction has been taken over by trouble makers.

Another thing, I am tired of people keep asking for more money when we waste what we have and put such a putrid product on the field that anyone expects any sane person to dole out more money to support. We could be paying Zack 10mill a year and it wouldn't change a thing. When our product is good our fans show up and support in body and money.

One more thought, gotta give to the students for turning out. They show up but leave after the pathetic showing. Selmon's leadership under the test right now. I saw him up close at Dawg walk in front of stadium. He looked serious and like he had a lot on his mind.

Get all this fixed. Hail State!!!

Maroonthirteen
11-05-2023, 05:19 PM
I think you nailed it.

The University needs to take control of the Junction and only allow university tents and southern tailgate traditions to set up.

Move the band and stage back to Junction too.

Move the students back to the east side.

RockyDog
11-05-2023, 05:29 PM
That’s what happens when your AD is doing a Helen Keller impression.

civildawg
11-05-2023, 05:36 PM
Yeah I keep seeing issues about in game screwups between ribbon boards not working, sound system screwing up, or wrong graphics. This is all easy stuff that should be fixed game 1. This makes me think selmon has no idea what he's doing

Cooterpoot
11-05-2023, 05:42 PM
That?s what happens when your AD is doing a Helen Keller impression.

Selmon isn't responsible for what goes on in the junction. He can change some gameday stuff but the junction itself doesn't fall under him. Hit up Keenum on the Junction.
And for the record, you're going to see a big overhaul of gameday next year.

RockyDog
11-05-2023, 05:45 PM
If we are going to allow gangs and weed then we shoulda hired Coach Prime. He SWAC

StarkVegasSteve
11-05-2023, 05:46 PM
I think you nailed it.

The University needs to take control of the Junction and only allow university tents and southern tailgate traditions to set up.

Move the band and stage back to Junction too.

Move the students back to the east side.

I hate that it has gotten to this point but I have to, painfully, agree. The university is going to have to take over The Junction and make it for season ticket holders only. The students have gotten completely and utterly out of control. It really is sad, but the truth hurts sometimes.

StarkVegasSteve
11-05-2023, 05:48 PM
Selmon isn't responsible for what goes on in the junction. He can change some gameday stuff but the junction itself doesn't fall under him. Hit up Keenum on the Junction.

Correct. Junction, although technically it might, really does not fall under Keenum. The university PD is just going to have to put their foot down and start issuing citations and arresting people. Again, it pains me to say that and to admit it has gotten to this point but it has.

R2Dawg
11-05-2023, 05:51 PM
I hate that it has gotten to this point but I have to, painfully, agree. The university is going to have to take over The Junction and make it for season ticket holders only. The students have gotten completely and utterly out of control. It really is sad, but the truth hurts sometimes.

From what I observed and heard, it wasn't students. This was groups of troublemakers come there to party. Didn't even have MSU gear on or anything. They have allowed this to fester all year, I've been watching it but this weekend was like downtown Chicago in the junction. It must be solved now before another game.

Goldendawg
11-05-2023, 05:53 PM
My grad school son and I ate in the Union as we always do before home games. As we walked through the crowd in front of the Seal Bldg at 6:00PM going to the gate, I remarked to him that some of the young "ladies" must have dressed to report for other duties after the game. The music being played was F bomb heavy. Not much of a gameday family atmosphere. Read in a very long thread on Sixpack that the situation got much worse during and after the game with many arrests made and scared grandchildren trying to exit with their folks during the game through this mess. Our "program" is not the only thing in trouble on gameday and nights.

Quaoarsking
11-05-2023, 06:02 PM
Surely we could say that if someone gets arrested for violence or narcotics in the Junction, the entire tent is banned from the Junction for the rest of the year. Not banned from campus or anything, just not welcome in the Junction.

I suspect that 95% of the people tailgating there are fine and not hurting anything, but need to be more careful about who they invite to come hang out with them.

Goldendawg
11-05-2023, 06:04 PM
That’s what happens when your AD is doing a Helen Keller impression.

Does he own a maroon sport coat or blazer? His attire when making presentations during the game on the jumbotrons or the few times I have seen him in public look to be from the John Fedderman collection. Of course after seeing the young "ladies" in front of the Seal Bldg, he did have on clothes suitable for the family type viewing public.***

StarkVegasSteve
11-05-2023, 06:06 PM
My grad school son and I ate in the Union as we always do before home games. As we walked through the crowd in front of the Seal Bldg at 6:00PM going to the gate, I remarked to him that some of the young "ladies" must have dressed to report for other duties after the game. The music being played was F bomb heavy. Not much of a gameday family atmosphere. Read in a very long thread on Sixpack that the situation got much worse during and after the game with many arrests made and scared grandchildren trying to exit with their folks during the game through this mess. Our "program" is not the only thing in trouble on gameday and nights.

I walked through that same crowd at the same time. I saw no problem with what girls were wearing. Nothing different than most college campuses. I mean every campus is going to have girls dressing provocatively but welcome to college. I have zero problem with the music either. Its the same music that is played in the same stadium with the F bombs bleeped out. Again, it gets the players fired up. They are not going to get fired up to Take it Easy, Wichita Lineman, or How Great Thou Art.

As for the thread on sixpack, there was one guy who said he had to pick his granddaughter up because she was scared. Hell with what he described with cops running by I get that.

The gameday atmosphere is bad, but the main problem is a certain group of people that are not going into the game and are just there to cause problems. They do not give a crap whether we win or lose and have no affiliation to the university. That is the people we have to rid of

Cooterpoot
11-05-2023, 06:12 PM
College girls dress the same at every school. You old pervs can go look at any SEC. Short skirts/shorts, high boots, etc. it's called a trend. But the school is going to have to limit the squatters after game time. They should shut it all down once the game starts. Get everyone out until the fourth Qtr.

Bubb Rubb
11-05-2023, 06:21 PM
That?s what happens when your AD is doing a Helen Keller impression.

Really low IQ take here.

StarkVegasSteve
11-05-2023, 06:24 PM
Does he own a maroon sport coat or blazer? His attire when making presentations during the game on the jumbotrons or the few times I have seen him in public look to be from the John Fedderman collection. Of course after seeing the young "ladies" in front of the Seal Bldg, he did have on clothes suitable for the family type viewing public.***

So because he does not wear his university issued George Sherman maroon blazer and wears a GD quarter zip like the rest of us he is dressing like a stroke victim?? Come on guys, wake up and come into this decade. Style is changing and he is dressing like any male between 25-40

Prentis
11-05-2023, 06:42 PM
Could you further explain? I'm trying to see something.

maroonmania
11-05-2023, 06:42 PM
Seriously, has Zach Selmon done ANYTHING of note since he was hired??

StarkVegasSteve
11-05-2023, 06:46 PM

What do ADs do of note other than hire and fire?? I mean he had never seen a football season here so he had nothing to judge so you cannot say he has let the stadium atmosphere suck because he had never seen it and you know all the gumps in the Bryan Building told him how great it was because they are still living off quotes from 2014.

LC Dawg
11-05-2023, 06:47 PM
I think when you accept an AD position at an SEC school you assume that the athletic department had been competently run and you plan to observe your first football season and maybe make some tweaks. I'm not going to hammer on Selmon yet because he has to be shocked at some of the shit he is seeing. He has to know by now he has a hell of a lot to accomplish before next season and I'm not even including the coaching situation.

CaptainObvious
11-05-2023, 06:49 PM
I walked through that same crowd at the same time. I saw no problem with what girls were wearing. Nothing different than most college campuses. I mean every campus is going to have girls dressing provocatively but welcome to college. I have zero problem with the music either. Its the same music that is played in the same stadium with the F bombs bleeped out. Again, it gets the players fired up. They are not going to get fired up to Take it Easy, Wichita Lineman, or How Great Thou Art.

As for the thread on sixpack, there was one guy who said he had to pick his granddaughter up because she was scared. Hell with what he described with cops running by I get that.

The gameday atmosphere is bad, but the main problem is a certain group of people that are not going into the game and are just there to cause problems. They do not give a crap whether we win or lose and have no affiliation to the university. That is the people we have to rid of

Probably Palestinian supporters.

Vandelay Industries
11-05-2023, 06:50 PM

Wait what I was told Selmon doesn’t do anything on here

BrunswickDawg
11-05-2023, 06:55 PM

People bitched to high heaven that Cohen involved himself in everything and micro managed everything and made himself the center of everything. 99% of this board should rarely see an AD - they are supposed to be in the expensive seats talking to people who give big dollars because that's the most important part of their job. If we peons aren't seeing him that's a good thing.

RocketDawg
11-05-2023, 06:57 PM

The AD wears a hoodie and sweat shorts? I'd like to go back to the day when head coaches wore sport coats and ties, and the AD still should. I'm just an old fogey though.

RocketDawg
11-05-2023, 06:58 PM
People bitched to high heaven that Cohen involved himself in everything and micro managed everything and made himself the center of everything. 99% of this board should rarely see an AD - they are supposed to be in the expensive seats talking to people who give big dollars because that's the most important part of their job. If we peons aren't seeing him that's a good thing.

The one time I saw Stricken up close that's exactly what he was doing.

gtowndawg
11-05-2023, 07:02 PM
The crowd did their part. The beginning was electric.

Yes, the Junction was completely destroyed afterwards. Lots of cops standing around right behind the M Club building.

Maroonthirteen
11-05-2023, 07:06 PM
Well for whatever it is worth, the Junction and surrounding areas were cleaned up and trash hauled off by 9am.

RocketDawg
11-05-2023, 07:07 PM
College girls dress the same at every school. You old pervs can go look at any SEC. Short skirts/shorts, high boots, etc. it's called a trend. But the school is going to have to limit the squatters after game time. They should shut it all down once the game starts. Get everyone out until the fourth Qtr.

When I was at State from 65-70, the girls wore - very short skirts. So it's certainly nothing new. They weren't allowed to wear pants then, always skirts or dresses during the week. I think part of the reason was, other than being fashionable, was that in high school they had to meet certain hemline measurements and were now free to do what they wanted.

R2Dawg
11-05-2023, 07:17 PM
Surely we could say that if someone gets arrested for violence or narcotics in the Junction, the entire tent is banned from the Junction for the rest of the year. Not banned from campus or anything, just not welcome in the Junction.

I suspect that 95% of the people tailgating there are fine and not hurting anything, but need to be more careful about who they invite to come hang out with them.

This is one large group and they have been there all year. Getting worse each game. The smell of pot smoke before the game was horrendous and right in front of MClub bld and where the drum line performs.

HRTFXR
11-05-2023, 07:24 PM
I get an email survey after each game. I gave a lengthy description of the south end zone Junction issue. Hopefully everyone will respond to their MSU survey.

Coursesuper
11-05-2023, 07:27 PM
Well for whatever it is worth, the Junction and surrounding areas were cleaned up and trash hauled off by 9am.

Campus Landscape does the work, starts a 3:00 AM and usually finishes by 7:30 AM. They do a fantastic job, they have it pretty well organized.

RocketDawg
11-05-2023, 07:28 PM
This is one large group and they have been there all year. Getting worse each game. The smell of pot smoke before the game was horrendous and right in front of MClub bld and where the drum line performs.

Hasn't smoking (of anything) been illegal on campus for several years?

Jarius
11-05-2023, 07:45 PM
The junction in the south end zone was a complete shit show. It was an embarrassment. Not what I want to go to in the future. If it continues I won’t continue tailgating, I can tell you that much.

R2Dawg
11-05-2023, 08:00 PM
I get an email survey after each game. I gave a lengthy description of the south end zone Junction issue. Hopefully everyone will respond to their MSU survey.

I gave feedback on the survey as well. Of course they know what happened but the more people express their feedback on how unacceptable this is, hopefully someone will fix it.

Someone even reported a state trooper running with his gun drawn at some point. Not sure if true but that was reported on social media.

Goldendawg
11-05-2023, 08:02 PM

Yes.

R2Dawg
11-05-2023, 08:03 PM

Yes it is. They announce it at the game but everyone saw and smelled the pot smoke in the junction. Oh and I'm getting searched twice for my seat and coat I'm taking in like I'm a terrorists.

Goldendawg
11-05-2023, 08:03 PM
I gave feedback on the survey as well. Of course they know what happened but the more people express their feedback on how unacceptable this is, hopefully someone will fix it.

Someone even reported a state trooper running with his gun drawn at some point. Not sure if true but that was reported on social media.

Already filled mine out also.

R2Dawg
11-05-2023, 08:05 PM
The junction in the south end zone was a complete shit show. It was an embarrassment. Not what I want to go to in the future. If it continues I won’t continue tailgating, I can tell you that much.

Yes it has. I was embarrassed for UK fans to walk thru there after the game. What makes me mad is it could have all been avoided. People have seen this for weeks and getting worse but no one would do anything until it hit the fan Saturday. Lucky no one got hurt. I'll bet $100 there was a weapon somewhere in that crowd too.