PDA

View Full Version : Fire them now/Fire them after Egg Bowl/Keep em

CadaverDawg
11-05-2023, 02:13 PM
Poll

DownwardDawg
11-05-2023, 02:15 PM
Make a deal with new coach/agent right now.

HancockCountyDog
11-05-2023, 02:21 PM
By firing him now you avoid the risk of him keeping his job by winning the egg bowl, that is a long shot, but its possible.

I just don't see how we keep him at this point. I really thought we could win last night, but 3 points against a Kentucky team that gave up 28 points to Vandy is just inexcusable.

More than anything his decision to scrap the AR was just dumb. Its always been dumb and we are paying the price now. Everyone that mocked those of us who were worried about the switch being drastic and claiming that we were claiming we were going to run the triple option, can go pound sand right now.

parabrave
11-05-2023, 02:22 PM
A deal might have already been done with someone who wasn't available last year.

DownwardDawg
11-05-2023, 02:26 PM
A deal might have already been done with someone who wasn't available last year.

At this point I'm hoping it's true. He wasn't my preferred candidate but now I'd love to have him. Arnett has changed my feelings.

TrapGame
11-05-2023, 02:27 PM
By firing him now you avoid the risk of him keeping his job by winning the egg bowl, that is a long shot, but its possible.

I just don't see how we keep him at this point. I really thought we could win last night, but 3 points against a Kentucky team that gave up 28 points to Vandy is just inexcusable.

More than anything his decision to scrap the AR was just dumb. Its always been dumb and we are paying the price now. Everyone that mocked those of us who were worried about the switch being drastic and claiming that we were claiming we were going to run the triple option, can go pound sand right now.

Yeah, I kinda thought we might keep it close with UK and maybe even squeeze out a close one. This was an ass whooping. We were never in the game and never threatened UK to come back whatsoever. I said on another thread if this happened he should be fired before the end of the season. I think it's time to pull the plug.

civildawg
11-05-2023, 02:28 PM
Who we referring to here?

CadaverDawg
11-05-2023, 02:29 PM

Who?

TrapGame
11-05-2023, 02:29 PM
At this point I'm hoping it's true. He wasn't my preferred candidate but now I'd love to have him. Arnett has changed my feelings.

Oh really? What's the rumor about this?

parabrave
11-05-2023, 02:33 PM
Listen to Hadads T L thrusday podcast. It might not be Merls but his name was mentioned.

Goldendawg
11-05-2023, 02:49 PM

In my 68th year of life with 60 years of watching State in person, I am well beyond the days of beat OM and everything is all right. The product on the field is no longer worth the co$t of watching, as shown by a half full DWS at the half last night. Fire them now and show we made a mistake and are serious about being in the SEC. Make Tony Hughes or 100% winning percentage coach Greg Knox iterim. Have a real nationwide search and hire a real SEC capable HC. Apathy and a loss of hope are here for vast majority of MSU fan base.

DownwardDawg
11-05-2023, 02:58 PM
Oh really? What's the rumor about this?

The summers gone, and all the roses fallen

Goldendawg
11-05-2023, 03:01 PM
Mullen is the rum

So the newest bldg under construction in front of the new strip mall on HWY 12 is indeed a target?****

CadaverDawg
11-05-2023, 03:06 PM
20 votes in and not a single vote for 1 more year. Quite telling

sandjunky
11-05-2023, 03:18 PM
Keep him - there?s 1

It?d be quite entertaining watching us score under 100 pts next year in SEC play

I kid, fire yesterday

Quaoarsking
11-05-2023, 03:23 PM

That's even worse than Lemonis had back in June. If Arnett returns, it will be an even worse example of Selmon failing to listen to the fanbase.

vindastra
11-05-2023, 03:44 PM

Insider34 is bit busy for voting.

BigDawg81
11-05-2023, 08:27 PM
Listen to Hadads T L thrusday podcast. It might not be Merls but his name was mentioned.They was going through the names like everybody does here. They said they would kicks the tires on Mullen cause he has been here before. He knows how to win in Starkville. He would revamp the fanbase.

Todd4State
11-06-2023, 10:49 AM
They was going through the names like everybody does here. They said they would kicks the tires on Mullen cause he has been here before. He knows how to win in Starkville. He would revamp the fanbase.

Weren't they two of Arnett's biggest sunshine pumpers?

Yeah. I wouldn't listen to them when it comes to coaching searches.

Pancho
11-07-2023, 06:36 AM
Not a soul on this site will know any potential names if Selmon is top notch. I'm assuming the move is made by early next month to aid the december signing period.

Ranchdawg
11-07-2023, 07:48 AM
I can assure y?all if Zach is going to be replaced at end of season the wheels are already turning for new coach.

I had a good friend that played under Bill Curry at Ga Tech. He and Curry became good friends. He became a huge Ga Tech booster. He invited me and my wife to Atlanta for the Univ of Georgia vs Ga Tech. While in Atlanta my friend asked me to ride with him that he was going to Bill Curry?s house to deliver Christian presents to the Curry?s. We went in the Curry?s big house and I was introduced. Coach Curry proceeded to tell my friend that he would be stepping down as Ga Tech?s coach and in several weeks would be announced as Univ Alabama new head coach. Friend was devastated. Coach Curry ask looking in my direction to please keep this information secret as it wasn?t going to be formally announced in several weeks.
It took aprox 3weeks for it to be announced.

FISHDAWG
11-07-2023, 10:27 AM
My emotions say fire him after the Egg and that's not taking a chance because we're definitely not winning that game.... but my head says (no matter what my heart says) .... we have to give him another year .... it's going to be hard enough getting another coach that's worth his salt to come here without seeing us fire a first year coach . Whoever comes needs to believe they will have a reasonable shot at a rebuild with administrative and fan support .... disclaimer: jmo as I'm no expert

RisperDawg
11-07-2023, 06:26 PM
My emotions say fire him after the Egg and that's not taking a chance because we're definitely not winning that game.... but my head says (no matter what my heart says) .... we have to give him another year .... it's going to be hard enough getting another coach that's worth his salt to come here without seeing us fire a first year coach . Whoever comes needs to believe they will have a reasonable shot at a rebuild with administrative and fan support .... disclaimer: jmo as I'm no expert

I hear you on the one year aspect. However, I do think coaches, though the media might not portray it this way, understand that this was really a glorified tryout for Arnett. The deck was stacked and for whatever reasons, he didn't overcome it.

Ultimately, this isn't a bad deal for Arnett either. He got early HC experience in the SEC compared to most people's career trajectory plus $4.5M. I'm sure a lot of teams will want a DC with his experience afterward. He'll be a HC again later.