PDA

View Full Version : Sunday Morning Thoughts- We Have Reached The End Edition

StarkVegasSteve
11-05-2023, 11:15 AM
Last night was bad. Even uniforms and logos could not cover up the shit that we put out on the field last night.

1. I can count on one hand the amount of times I have left a game before the 4th quarter. Last night I had to convince myself to stay past half and left midway through the 3rd. There is ZERO juice within the fan base right now. Atmosphere is dead, team is playing dead, and coaching staff is walking dead.

2. It really sucks seeing OM continue to pull further and further ahead of us each and every week. They are now a win at UGA, which I do not think will happen, from going from playoff outsider to probably a playoff berth. The players care, the coaches care, and everyone from top level donors to $50 fans are rowing in the same direction.

3. Fire this staff. Every last one of them. Rid the Seal building of the suck.

4. Fire anyone in the AD that is ok with the mediocrity we continue to see from a gameday operations and presentation standpoint. I do not care if they have been there 30 minutes or 30 years. If they are content with 6-6 then can their ass.

5. Start Parson, no his name does not have an S, for the rest of the year and see what he can do. Yes we still need to bring an a transfer QB, but this experience will give him a chance when the competition begins in the spring.

6. Play the young guys. This season is shot so hopefully we will see some young guys get PT to see what we will need out of the portal. This becomes harder when you realize the staff will not be here next year so they are not inclined to help us in the least bit.

7. It may be time to consider benching Tulu. The last two weeks he has looked defeated and appears to have given up. Zavion is the one we need to be doing our everything to keep and who the offense needs to be running through.

8. Spare no expense when searching for a new HC. Know going in that we need to be willing to shell out 6 mil for a HC and an additional 4-5 mil for the staff.

9. Continue to donate to the Bulldog Initiative. We are going to need all the money we can get to bring in as many transfers as humanly possible.

10. I said I would do it if it came to fruition, but KB was correct. Arnett was a terrible hire from the jump and we were wrong. He lied to us saying he was not going to change the offense too much and did exactly that. So to KB, you have my apologies and you were correct.

11. Brighter days can be ahead if we do not accept the Poor Ole State mindset. Look at OM, look at Mizzou, look at Arizona. Hell look at Colorado. You do not have to accept sucking and mediocrity just because your team does not wear an A or a G on their helmet.

12. As always, Hail 17 State.

dawgday166
11-05-2023, 11:29 AM
Last night was bad. Even uniforms and logos could not cover up the shit that we put out on the field last night.

1. I can count on one hand the amount of times I have left a game before the 4th quarter. Last night I had to convince myself to stay past half and left midway through the 3rd. There is ZERO juice within the fan base right now. Atmosphere is dead, team is playing dead, and coaching staff is walking dead.

2. It really sucks seeing OM continue to pull further and further ahead of us each and every week. They are now a win at UGA, which I do not think will happen, from going from playoff outsider to probably a playoff berth. The players care, the coaches care, and everyone from top level donors to $50 fans are rowing in the same direction.

4. Fire anyone in the AD that is ok with the mediocrity we continue to see from a gameday operations and presentation standpoint. I do not care if they have been there 30 minutes or 30 years. If they are content with 6-6 then can their ass.

5. Start Parson, no his name does not have an S, for the rest of the year and see what he can do. Yes we still need to bring an a transfer QB, but this experience will give him a chance when the competition begins in the spring.

6. Play the young guys. This season is shot so hopefully we will see some young guys get PT to see what we will need out of the portal. This becomes harder when you realize the staff will not be here next year so they are not inclined to help us in the least bit.

7. It may be time to consider benching Tulu. The last two weeks he has looked defeated and appears to have given up. Zavion is the one we need to be doing our everything to keep and who the offense needs to be running through.

8. Spare no expense when searching for a new HC. Know going in that we need to be willing to shell out 6 mil for a HC and an additional 4-5 mil for the staff.

9. Continue to donate to the Bulldog Initiative. We are going to need all the money we can get to bring in as many transfers as humanly possible.

10. I said I would do it if it came to fruition, but KB was correct. Arnett was a terrible hire from the jump and we were wrong. He lied to us saying he was not going to change the offense too much and did exactly that. So to KB, you have my apologies and you were correct.

11. Brighter days can be ahead if we do not accept the Poor Ole State mindset. Look at OM, look at Mizzou, look at Arizona. Hell look at Colorado. You do not have to accept sucking and mediocrity just because your team does not wear an A or a G on their helmet.

That's manning up right there bro.

I'm not a KB or BSD fan and kinda hate to agree with them but they have been right about a good bit. I had personally gotten irritated by a couple of things Leach did here and there, and I thought he needed maybe a Parson type of QB (we'll see on that one, still too early but he has nimble feet and seemed to be pretty accurate). But even tho I got irritated with Leach, we were winning games and I loved the tough culture. Guys were tough, in shape, and pretty darn well coached.

You're right about OM and Kiffin is a good coach. I told folks on here that when they were laughing at the hire.

I'm gonna watch Mizzou for a while. I loved how their stupid, no talent players flew to the ball on defense, and scrapped with GA on offense. Drinkwitz and his staff doing a good job of coaching. I got a next door neighbor that moved down from up North and grew up in Mizzou. He put a big Mizzou flag out the minute he moved in. I went over and told him I thought there was a lot of upside on their future going foward. They play some ball.

BlackSailsDawg
11-05-2023, 11:37 AM
That's manning up right there bro.

I'm not a KB or BSD fan and kinda hate to agree with them but they have been right about a good bit. I had personally gotten irritated by a couple of things Leach did here and there, and I thought he needed maybe a Parson type of QB (we'll see on that one, still too early but he has nimble feet and seemed to be pretty accurate). But even tho I got irritated with Leach, we were winning games and I loved the tough culture. Guys were tough, in shape, and pretty darn well coached.

You're right about OM and Kiffin is a good coach. I told folks on here that when they were laughing at the hire.

I'm gonna watch Mizzou for a while. I loved how their stupid, no talent players flew to the ball on defense, and scrapped with GA on offense. Drinkwitz and his staff doing a good job of coaching. I got a next door neighbor that moved down from up North and grew up in Mizzou. He put a big Mizzou flag out the minute he moved in. I went over and told him I thought there was a lot of upside on their future going foward. They play some ball.

I hate being right when the result is this season, but thank you. I will still give an opinion on the style of offense we run. We can not turn to a system that makes us compete for the same players as everybody else. We will be forced to down the ladder doing that because we do not have the prestige nor the nil money to make up for that. So put in a system that attracts the skills players and allows us to get the ones that are mid to upper 4 stars with the NIL money we have.

Goldendawg
11-05-2023, 11:47 AM

Agree with all points! One thing lacking, did you cook anything special before you left for the game?*****

Goldendawg
11-05-2023, 11:52 AM
I hate being right when the result is this season, but thank you. I will still give an opinion on the style of offense we run. We can not turn to a system that makes us compete for the same players as everybody else. We will be forced to down the ladder doing that because we do not have the prestige nor the nil money to make up for that. So put in a system that attracts the skills players and allows us to get the ones that are mid to upper 4 stars with the NIL money we have.

The system also needs to be exciting and entertaining to put people in the $eats (45K per game ytd?), and keep them in the seats, interested with hope of a win for all 4 quarters!!!

mo7888
11-05-2023, 01:54 PM

100%

BlackSailsDawg
11-05-2023, 07:34 PM
The system also needs to be exciting and entertaining to put people in the $eats (45K per game ytd?), and keep them in the seats, interested with hope of a win for all 4 quarters!!!

Yeah it does.

gtowndawg
11-05-2023, 08:35 PM
Good stuff. Thanks.

War Machine Dawg
11-05-2023, 08:40 PM

You get it. We still act like it's the 90s. Is Bracky still in charge of compliance? We need to be going all in and daring the NCAA to do something like everyone else. There's no points for nice. The money is too big to be this bad. If we're not careful, we're going to get left out of the superconference realignments. Being a charter member of the SEC isn't going to save us.

Really Clark?
11-05-2023, 08:50 PM
You get it. We still act like it's the 90s. Is Bracky still in charge of compliance? We need to be going all in and daring the NCAA to do something like everyone else. There's no points for nice. The money is too big to be this bad. If we're not careful, we're going to get left out of the superconference realignments. Being a charter member of the SEC isn't going to save us.

Not sure if you were being sarcastic or forgot but Bracky retired.