PDA

View Full Version : Sunday Morning QB- Hookers in Pontotoc Edition

Coach34
11-05-2023, 11:03 AM
1. What a wonderful day it was to enjoy lacrosse and foosball. Woke up in a great mood after another home win and clinched playoff berth. Quite the feat for a team that starts 5 ninth graders plus had two other starters suspended for their final home game. Can't behave in the building- cant get on the field tho amirite? Very proud of The Enforcer as his team won 17-4 in lacrosse and he helped to hold the other team scoreless during his 2Q's of play. But he is on an all-star team basically so its an expectation. Curious to see how they do in Dallas next weekend. Rewarded him with a seafood gumbo for dinner last night that turned out perfectly.

2. Last night was bad. Earth-shaking news huh? Injuries are really hurting this team and its just ugly.

3. Really liked the long drive last night but of course we couldnt finish it off like we should have. Did what we needed to do in keeping the D off the field and burn clock. Wright continued his terrible decision-making with a Pick-6 that totally changed the game. Took a sack on 2nd and 8 to kill another drive. Took a sack on a roll out pass. Terrible, terrible decisions at the QB position. I have heard that we have reached to a couple of QB's for next year that are interested in coming to State. All that could change obviously depending on the direction of our program.

4. We finally had a Parson sighting. Did ok for his first college game but of course had a delay of game to start things off. Held the ball too long as most young guys do. Should see more of him moving forward

5. Kentucky came out and abused Preston on the first drive. Deep pass then a PA pass for the TD. Makes you wonder why our Secondary is so bad? We dont have the talent we had last year obviously. McBath is still here coaching CB's- but we have a new Safety coach. Our Secondary is just terrible. Our course we dont rush the passer well and our LB's couldnt cover me. Jett dropped a pick to start the 2nd half that could have built some momentum. Just not making plays.

6. Nice job by Lewis on the jet Kentucky ran. It was so good the announcer said he should hang with the Hookers in Pontotoc- https://twitter.com/barstoolsports/status/1721012810619277680

7. Now let's address the elephant- what to do with our football program? I laugh when I see some of the names thrown out by people on their coaching wish list or who they think we could possibly get. Some of you act like it's still 2019 or 2005. It simply comes down to one thing:

N I L

Want better players? Contribute to NIL. EVERYBODY that signs now is demanding some type of NIL deal. Mad this staff is recruiting jucos? Well, they are cheaper than portal guys. Our pocketbook isnt deep enough for going strictly portal. Mad that Mississippi is winning? Mississippi is paying over 300K for their back-up QB. They are paying a TE 100K. They spent money. Their fans live to talk about how they pay for players. They have alot more money committed to NIL than we do. We, on the other hand, do not remotely have that mentality in our fanbase. Many of our fans are the opposite. "Screw that. If a scholarship and what they get now isnt enough then I'll do something else with my money" I've heard and read that many times. We are currently 13th in the SEC in NIL- and Vandy is only behind us because they dont care enough. Want better players? Write a check. Nobody signs for free now. NIL is no longer for your best guys- it's everybody.

Want to hire a new Coach and staff? The first question every interested coach in our job is going to ask is- "Why are you 13th in the SEC in NIL? What is your plan as AD to raise the 10MM-15MM NIL per year it takes to compete in SEC football?" That is going to be what every coach asks our AD when we try to make a hire. Tom Herman is 48- he is going to choose his next P5 hire wisely because it could be his last chance. He willing to go at it with the 15th ranked war chest out of 16 in the SEC? Highly unlikely. And that will be the case with many guys looking to advance their career.

You guys keep on with the fallacy that I'm covering for this staff because of personal reasons. I dont care if we fire Arnett or not. I was just willing to give them a chance unlike many of you. Want to pull the trigger? ok. Just know now that things have changed from just 4 years ago when we hired Leach. We are sitting here with very little draftable talent now- and a tiny NIL compared to the rest of the SEC as it adds 2 more giants. It's an arms race out there and we are Denmark.

Hail State

DEDawg
11-05-2023, 11:06 AM
You nailed the NIL thing. Some on this board love to act like donating $20 a month to the BI is taking food out of their families mouth.

OurState
11-05-2023, 11:12 AM
1. What a wonderful day it was to enjoy lacrosse and foosball. Woke up in a great mood after another home win and clinched playoff berth. Quite the feat for a team that starts 5 ninth graders plus had two other starters suspended for their final home game. Can't behave in the building- cant get on the field tho amirite? Very proud of The Enforcer as his team won 17-4 in lacrosse and he helped to hold the other team scoreless during his 2Q's of play. But he is on an all-star team basically so its an expectation. Curious to see how they do in Dallas next weekend. Rewarded him with a seafood gumbo for dinner last night that turned out perfectly.

2. Last night was bad. Earth-shaking news huh? Injuries are really hurting this team and its just ugly.

3. Really liked the long drive last night but of course we couldnt finish it off like we should have. Did what we needed to do in keeping the D off the field and burn clock. Wright continued his terrible decision-making with a Pick-6 that totally changed the game. Took a sack on 2nd and 8 to kill another drive. Took a sack on a roll out pass. Terrible, terrible decisions at the QB position. I have heard that we have reached to a couple of QB's for next year that are interested in coming to State. All that could change obviously depending on the direction of our program.

4. We finally had a Parson sighting. Did ok for his first college game but of course had a delay of game to start things off. Held the ball too long as most young guys do. Should see more of him moving forward

5. Kentucky came out and abused Preston on the first drive. Deep pass then a PA pass for the TD. Makes you wonder why our Secondary is so bad? We dont have the talent we had last year obviously. McBath is still here coaching CB's- but we have a new Safety coach. Our Secondary is just terrible. Our course we dont rush the passer well and our LB's couldnt cover me. Jett dropped a pick to start the 2nd half that could have built some momentum. Just not making plays.

6. Nice job by Lewis on the jet Kentucky ran. It was so good the announcer said he should hang with the Hookers in Pontotoc- https://twitter.com/barstoolsports/status/1721012810619277680

7. Now let's address the elephant- what to do with our football program? I laugh when I see some of the names thrown out by people on their coaching wish list or who they think we could possibly get. Some of you act like it's still 2019 or 2005. It simply comes down to one thing:

N I L

Want better players? Contribute to NIL. EVERYBODY that signs now is demanding some type of NIL deal. Mad this staff is recruiting jucos? Well, they are cheaper than portal guys. Our pocketbook isnt deep enough for going strictly portal. Mad that Mississippi is winning? Mississippi is paying over 300K for their back-up QB. They are paying a TE 100K. They spent money. Their fans live to talk about how they pay for players. They have alot more money committed to NIL than we do. We, on the other hand, do not remotely have that mentality in our fanbase. Many of our fans are the opposite. "Screw that. If a scholarship and what they get now isnt enough then I'll do something else with my money" I've heard and read that many times. We are currently 13th in the SEC in NIL- and Vandy is only behind us because they dont care enough. Want better players? Write a check. Nobody signs for free now. NIL is no longer for your best guys- it's everybody.

Want to hire a new Coach and staff? The first question every interested coach in our job is going to ask is- "Why are you 13th in the SEC in NIL? What is your plan as AD to raise the 10MM-15MM NIL per year it takes to compete in SEC football?" That is going to be what every coach asks our AD when we try to make a hire. Tom Herman is 48- he is going to choose his next P5 hire wisely because it could be his last chance. He willing to go at it with the 15th ranked war chest out of 16 in the SEC? Highly unlikely. And that will be the case with many guys looking to advance their career.

You guys keep on with the fallacy that I'm covering for this staff because of personal reasons. I dont care if we fire Arnett or not. I was just willing to give them a chance unlike many of you. Want to pull the trigger? ok. Just know now that things have changed from just 4 years ago when we hired Leach. We are sitting here with very little draftable talent now- and a tiny NIL compared to the rest of the SEC as it adds 2 more giants. It's an arms race out there and we are Denmark.

Hail State

This x100

Plus, counting Dan?s last season in 17, we will be have had 5 coaches in 8 years and fired two after one and two seasons?

The offer is hey, come and coach in the hardest league in the country with the second least resources, it's a hard job and the roster will be completely bare, but the fun part is we have absolutely no patience.

I think we have to keep ZA to make the job palatable

Quaoarsking
11-05-2023, 11:15 AM
Plus, counting Dan?s last season in 17, we will be have had 5 coaches in 8 years and fired two after one and two seasons?

The offer is hey, come and coach in the hardest league in the country with the second least resources, it's a hard job and the roster will be completely bare, but the fun part is we have absolutely no patience.

I think we have to keep ZA to make the job palatable

If a potential coach is too scared to take our job, it's best for all of us that he doesn't take it. Let's weed out the рussy coaches.

State82
11-05-2023, 11:18 AM
Pretty much spot on for all points. But I have lost interest anyway. Watched more Bama/LSU than us last night and really was not all that interested in that.

StarkVegasSteve
11-05-2023, 11:18 AM
I have not agreed with a damn thing you have said for the last 3 weeks but you are dead on the money with one thing, NIL.

Activated Alpha
11-05-2023, 11:19 AM
It's not that we lose and are mad about it. It's the way this team looks even during the Ws. Even with Will at QB, CZA just looks lost and in over his head. He is a vastly inexperienced HC and we should accept that and continue to give him time to learn how to be a HC? Not even Vandy would put up with that shite, but we should? If any experienced HC worth his lot would understand why we severed ties with him and Jomo. Leach didn't give a flying **** that we canned Jomo so why would another successful HC care if we fired CZA?

Goldendawg
11-05-2023, 11:20 AM
We have made some very bad hires recently. It was obvious far too quickly we couldn't keep Croom or JoMo and now CZA. Coach 34, it is obvious you should now be a guest writer for the Food Network. Recent take on our "program" becoming unreadable except for NIL issues..

StarkVegasSteve
11-05-2023, 11:22 AM
It's not that we lose and are mad about it. It's the way this team looks even during the Ws. Even with Will at QB, CZA just looks lost and in over his head. He is a vastly inexperienced HC and we should accept that and continue to give him time to learn how to be a HC? Not even Vandy would put up with that shite, but we should? If any experienced HC worth his lot would understand why we severed ties with him and Jomo. Leach didn't give a flying **** that we canned Jomo so why would another successful HC care if we fired CZA?

I think, and 34 can correct me if I am wrong, but I think the point he was trying to make was that a coach would give caution to taking our job because we fired Arnett after one year and gave him no NIL. I think the point is correct that we need to drastically improve NIL to be able to go get a sitting HC that could be successful here.

Activated Alpha
11-05-2023, 11:23 AM
We have made some very bad hires recently. It was obvious far too quickly we couldn't keep Croom or JoMo and now CZA. Coach 34, it is obvious you should now be a guest writer for the Food Network. Recent take on our "program" becoming unreadable.

Yeah another Sunday post as to why this coaching staff isn't performing as we expected. Not as it should because I firmly believe this is their ceiling as coaches in their current experience level. Don't think C34 as really been critical of this staff and it must get tiring carrying all that water for them the entire season

Activated Alpha
11-05-2023, 11:26 AM
I think, and 34 can correct me if I am wrong, but I think the point he was trying to make was that a coach would give caution to taking our job because we fired Arnett after one year and gave him no NIL. I think the point is correct that we need to drastically improve NIL to be able to go get a sitting HC that could be successful here.

And people bashed me for thinking the Bishop family was stupid for not at least earmarking some of their donation to athletics. I know it's their money to do what they want, but just imagine if they had put 20% of that to BI. Would help our NIL tremendously

DEDawg
11-05-2023, 11:27 AM
I have not agreed with a damn thing you have said for the last 3 weeks but you are dead on the money with one thing, NIL.

We average 45k in attendance of "normal people" each game. If 50% of those people donate only $20 per month that is $5.4M. If these "cigar boys" continue throwing in another $1.5M per year that is almost $7M annually just for football. I'm sure that is still low but that buys you plenty of Mississippi/Alabama/Tennessee high 3 and low 4 stars. Right coach gets us 8 wins annually with that roster.

Selmon has to figure this shit out, change the fanbase perspective on NIL and if you are one of the ones on here complaining about NIL and refusing to donate, just know you are the problem.

https://bulldoginitiative.com

calidawg
11-05-2023, 11:30 AM
There's no reason for us to try in NIL. We will never be higher than 15 out of 16th. We are the poorest school.

We need to get back to finding diamonds in the rough and developing talent and mix that in with below the radar transfers.

Change is contuning to happen. Hope we can stay in the SEC in the next 15 years. Wouldn't be shocked if we're asked to not join the next realignment

DEDawg
11-05-2023, 11:32 AM
There's no reason for us to try in NIL. We will never be higher than 15 out of 16th. We are the poorest school.

We need to get back to finding diamonds in the rough and developing talent and mix that in with below the radar transfers.

Change is contuning to happen. Hope we can stay in the SEC in the next 15 years. Wouldn't be shocked if we're asked to not join the next realignment

Loser mentality.

Goldendawg
11-05-2023, 11:33 AM

We are not where we want to be on NIL, but C. Winfield himself posted recently that we are in better shape than we have ever been on NIL and every player has a NIL deal. I have been to virtually every home game for over 55 years as a season ticket holder and much of the good lower $eats were empty by halftime last night. 3rd quarter attendance a joke, 4th a disgrace. Think those who pay big $ for this "experience" will give more if this clown show continues? This is now a double edged sword if you want more $upport on and off the field. I know no one who has any hope in the status quo and I know a lot of State fans in NE MS. We need a restart with a real SEC type, experienced HC and staff ASAP!

msstate7
11-05-2023, 11:35 AM

I agree somewhat - we will never match our conference money wise. Now just like we used to find guys to develop into great players in HS, I think we can do the same in the portal. Maybe spend less time fighting over the immediate impact guys and go after the ones that will be somebody in 2 seasons. To do this though, we need a guy that has Mullen's eye for talent.

DEDawg
11-05-2023, 11:36 AM
We are not where we want to be on NIL, but C. Winfield himself posted reently that we are in better shape than we have ever been on NIL and every player has a NIL deal. I have been to evirtually every home game for over 55 years as a season ticket holder and much of the good lower $eats wer empty by halftime. 3rd quarter attendance a joke, 4th a disgrace. Think those who pay big $ for this "experience" will give more if this mclown show continues. This is now a double edged sword if you want more $support on and off the field. we need a restart with a real SEC type, experienced HC and staff ASAP!

I can't make every home game anymore due to kids and location so the ones I don't I donate $50 on top of my monthly. Still way cheaper than gas, tickets, beer, etc.

CFB attendance is down nationally, there's no way around that everyone is seeing the same. Our AD needs to find a way to market if you aren't going to the games, do your part on the NIL aspect.

Goldendawg
11-05-2023, 11:36 AM
We average 45k in attendance of "normal people" each game. If 50% of those people donate only $20 per month that is $5.4M. If these "cigar boys" continue throwing in another $1.5M per year that is almost $7M annually just for football. I'm sure that is still low but that buys you plenty of Mississippi/Alabama/Tennessee high 3 and low 4 stars. Right coach gets us 8 wins annually with that roster.

Selmon has to figure this shit out, change the fanbase perspective on NIL and if you are one of the ones on here complaining about NIL and refusing to donate, just know you are the problem.

Yep, we are averaging 45K with this staff. Cause and effect!

DEDawg
11-05-2023, 11:39 AM

Yep, in the Dan days we were oversold and probably sitting around 55k unofficially. Got to start somewhere, it'll get tougher before easier but it isn't an unfathomable task. We hopefully have the right guy in Selmon up top.

Really Clark?
11-05-2023, 11:43 AM

We are averaging over 50,000 this year. A less than last season but more than 2021

Quaoarsking
11-05-2023, 11:44 AM
We need Keenum to flex his political connections to get some kind of NIL revenue sharing program established across the SEC and Big 10, in the name of increasing competitiveness.

Quaoarsking
We are averaging over 50,000 this year. A less than last season but more than 2021

You can't really count 2020 or 2021 in any kind of attendance comparisons.

DEDawg

Ticket sales or scanned in on gameday? I'm shocked to hear that.. I've made 3 games this year and upper levels were BARE

HRTFXR
11-05-2023, 11:45 AM

I just doubled my monthly BI contribution. I challenge everyone on this board to do the same or sign up today.

Really Clark?
11-05-2023, 11:47 AM
You can't really count 2020 or 2021 in any kind of attendance comparisons.

Well 2022 was still low from prior numbers and we had been trending down before Covid too

Really Clark?
11-05-2023, 11:47 AM
I just doubled my monthly BI contribution. I challenge everyone on this board to do the same or sign up today.

That's the way you do it!!

Coursesuper
11-05-2023, 11:48 AM
This alumni and fan base has to get it thru its collective gourd that the entire game has changed. C34 is right on the money about NIL. This mistake of a coaching staff is 17ing us on NIL even more because $$ that could have been given to NIL is now going to be paying out contracts. We do not need to spend a penny on any other facility upgrades that we have to fund thru donations, all this $$ needs to pushed to the NIL. Changes have been made in the AD as far as making this happen but we are still 3 years behind our competitors. That this was allowed to happen by Cohen is unacceptable. What an arrogant prick, he didn?t believe in it so he just refused to move. 17 that guy, glad he is gone. From here forward we will sink or swim with the NIL and this is not going to happen with $20 a month spread over the fan base. This requires large numbers for us to just compete. We shall see what comes.

confucius say
11-05-2023, 11:52 AM
This thread is weak and pathetic.
And the OP is factually wrong. Bad take and making excuses for incompetence.
We don't need 10-15 million annually to compete in football and every coaching candidate knows that. That is one of the dumbest things I've heard in life. I hope he was kidding.
Do we need more? Of course. But OM is going to be in a NY6 bowl (twice in 3 years) and is not spending anywhere close to 10-15 million annually in football. Not even half of that. Just a horrible post.

confucius say
11-05-2023, 11:54 AM

Raised mine 50%

parabrave
11-05-2023, 11:57 AM

In the next few years we may bot have to worry about that. They will probably take the haves and form the super 20 and then the G league which is everybody else.

SilentSteel16
11-05-2023, 11:58 AM
Well I may be in the minority here and I am sure I will get blasted by some but who freaking cares what you think of me.

I WILL NOT CONTRIBUTE TO NIL FOR PLAYERS. College athletics is over, it may as well sign in with NFL and become the minors. Players should be treated just like minor league baseball players with pay and with travel arrangements.

If they want to use part of my tickets price and parking to go to NIL that would be at the schools discretion. I do buy certain products that have some player images on it and I am good with that part of NIL. BUT contributing to a collective to just give a kid money to attend for one (1) year and transfer out, SCREW THAT. I have 2 in college at STATE right now so therefore I more than likely give more to MSTATE than most. The NCAA is dead and amateur athletics is DEAD.

And yes I know it is the landscape of today, I have 2 nephews who are juniors and are being promised all kinds of stupid stuff and money for only committing.

AMATEUR ATHLETICS IS DONE

confucius say
11-05-2023, 12:00 PM
This alumni and fan base has to get it thru its collective gourd that the entire game has changed. C34 is right on the money about NIL. This mistake of a coaching staff is 17ing us on NIL even more because $$ that could have been given to NIL is now going to be paying out contracts. We do not need to spend a penny on any other facility upgrades that we have to fund thru donations, all this $$ needs to pushed to the NIL. Changes have been made in the AD as far as making this happen but we are still 3 years behind our competitors. That this was allowed to happen by Cohen is unacceptable. What an arrogant prick, he didn?t believe in it so he just refused to move. 17 that guy, glad he is gone. From here forward we will sink or swim with the NIL and this is not going to happen with $20 a month spread over the fan base. This requires large numbers for us to just compete. We shall see what comes.

Agree mostly but not with the end. Big donors needed obviously. But Require a $10 donation for every season ticket which would be 5 million annually. Even without big donors, That would absolutely be enough to compete in the sec, despite the OP's implication.

Coursesuper
11-05-2023, 12:04 PM
Agree mostly but not with the end. Big donors needed obviously. But Require a $10 donation for every season ticket which would be 5 million annually. Even without big donors, That would absolutely be enough to compete in the sec, despite the OP's implication.
You can?t tie it to the university. It has to be a separate entity. It in no way can be tied to tickets.

confucius say
11-05-2023, 12:05 PM
You can?t tie it to the university. It has to be a separate entity. It in no way can be tied to tickets.

It would not be tied to the university or the foundation.

Quaoarsking
11-05-2023, 12:07 PM
Well I may be in the minority here and I am sure I will get blasted by some but who freaking cares what you think of me.

I WILL NOT CONTRIBUTE TO NIL FOR PLAYERS. College athletics is over, it may as well sign in with NFL and become the minors. Players should be treated just like minor league baseball players with pay and with travel arrangements.

If they want to use part of my tickets price and parking to go to NIL that would be at the schools discretion. I do buy certain products that have some player images on it and I am good with that part of NIL. BUT contributing to a collective to just give a kid money to attend for one (1) year and transfer out, SCREW THAT. I have 2 in college at STATE right now so therefore I more than likely give more to MSTATE than most. The NCAA is dead and amateur athletics is DEAD.

And yes I know it is the landscape of today, I have 2 nephews who are juniors and are being promised all kinds of stupid stuff and money for only committing.

https://media0.giphy.com/media/v1.Y2lkPTc5MGI3NjExdGo3aTJtbDZ6N20zeTZ0NDZ6Nzl3eWo 5a2U5ajBoaDZtYXJqdWhudiZlcD12MV9pbnRlcm5hbF9naWZfY nlfaWQmY3Q9Zw/FNBHUqruiI1m1gLDh8/giphy.gif

SilentSteel16
11-05-2023, 12:07 PM
Bulldog Club requires a donation to even be a part of it?. They are already doing this and it has been that way forever?..

DEDawg
11-05-2023, 12:08 PM

That's your prerogative. Just don't complain about recruiting or the level of players we are fielding. Just because you don't like something doesn't mean that isn't the way it is.

Coursesuper
11-05-2023, 12:14 PM
It would not be tied to the university or the foundation.

If the ticket is to a university event then it is tied directly to the school. Parking is tied directly to the university. There is the issue, I wish there was a way to take the donation money from the BC required for seats and put that straight to NIL but it can?t happen. Thus the rub, finding a way to make a donation to the NIL as a requirement to purchase tickets is a fantastic idea but that is tied to the university and thus the problem.

SilentSteel16
11-05-2023, 12:15 PM
That's your prerogative. Just don't complain about recruiting or the level of players we are fielding. Just because you don't like something doesn't mean that isn't the way it is.

I challenge you go back to ALL of my posts and find a single one where I am complaining about our recruiting OR being negative on a player on our roster in ANY sport.

I even said earlier that it is the college landscape now, I never said it wasn?t ? it is what it is?

Unlike a lot of you on here, I don?t bitch just to bitch.

DEDawg
11-05-2023, 12:17 PM
I challenge you go back to ALL of my posts and find a single one where I am complaining about our recruiting OR being negative on a player on our roster in ANY sport.

I even said earlier that it is the college landscape now, I never said it wasn?t ? it is what it is?

Unlike a lot of you on here, I don?t bitch just to bitch.

Never said you did. Said don't do it if you aren't going to help the program.

maroonmania
11-05-2023, 12:18 PM
You nailed the NIL thing. Some on this board love to act like donating $20 a month to the BI is taking food out of their families mouth.

The NIL thing is why I have become very apathetic towards our football program altogether (and I do contribute some). I think until the NIL rules are amended to where players can be paid straight out of the school's athletic budget and not just from the pockets of boosters who are already paying for tickets and game day expenses our program is pretty much dead in the water.

HoopsDawg
11-05-2023, 12:20 PM
Very nice deflection Coach34. Bravo.

DEDawg
11-05-2023, 12:23 PM
The NIL thing is why I have become very apathetic towards our football program altogether (and I do contribute some). I think until the NIL rules are amended to where players can be paid straight out of the school's athletic budget and not just from the pockets of boosters who are already paying for tickets and game day expenses our program is pretty much dead in the water.

There absolutely does need to be a "salary cap" like in the NFL. Who knows when/if that will happen tho, and if it will even been enforced. I'd like to see something like P5 gets "n", G5 gets "n*.6", etc.

SilentSteel16
11-05-2023, 12:24 PM
Never said you did. Said don't do it if you aren't going to help the program.

I support almost every sport, I have not gone to a golf competition, but I have season tickets, to basketball, football, baseball and softball and I attend every game that I can and give the tickets to people when I can’t.. my 5 seats are warm at 95 percent of every home game. Can’t support our programs and more than that.

confucius say
11-05-2023, 12:24 PM

Once you can no longer defend the product, shift to blaming the process.

dawgday166
11-05-2023, 12:30 PM

Some folks are good at performing. Some folks are good at PR. A few folks are good at both. Many folks are not good at either one.

The last of those 4 are what we seeing lately.. And the ones that can't perform always go the PR route trying to spin it and blame others and/or circumstances.

maroonmania
11-05-2023, 12:32 PM
I support almost every sport, I have not gone to a golf competition, but I have season tickets, to basketball, football, baseball and softball and I attend every game that I can and give the tickets to people when I can’t.. my 5 seats are warm at 95 percent of every home game. Can’t support our programs and more than that.

That's the whole sad point. You would probably help our programs much more if you took all that money you spend on season tickets and traveling to games and gave it to NIL and stayed home. Its a pathetic situation where if players can get their money I'm not sure they even care that much about who is or is not in the stands. Everything about the games for football and basketball are geared to the TV broadcast anyway. Seems nobody cares about impacts to folks that actually go to games.

MetEdDawg
11-05-2023, 12:33 PM
If a potential coach is too scared to take our job, it's best for all of us that he doesn't take it. Let's weed out the рussy coaches.

You mean smart coaches? Leach was crazy enough to come here to prove folks wrong and to a decent degree he did that.

Other than coaching in the SEC, can you name something that we have that would entice a good coach to be our HC?

That's the reality. We have comparatively few resources, fewer alumni, less money for staff and coaches, and less money for NIL than all the other programs we compete against.

But our fan base also expects we should consistently beat those teams we compete against.

There are much easier paths to prominence than being our head coach. And I would guess if there were some really good coaches out there beating the door down to be our HC after Leach passed away, that Arnett would not be our HC right now.

Until we own what we are and work collectively to do something about it, it won't change.

Dawgface
11-05-2023, 12:40 PM

You are probably in the minority but I'm with ya. I'm not going to directly contribute to this system. I know.....I'm part of the problem blah blah blah. So I leave this board with you guys as I'm done with it all. Hope you guys enjoy it all.

SilentSteel16
11-05-2023, 12:41 PM
I have a tangabile stake with my seats, MState has always and will always be apart of my family get to-gethers.. my wife is from Webster County and we use the weekend games as an excuse to spend time with family. If I were to give up my seats that I have had for over 20 years and gave it to a bunch of kids I don’t know and will more than likely forget about in 5 years, then I lose on those memories that I will have at the tailgates and family cookouts due to worrying about winning with paid for players.

Yes I enjoy when they win, BUT the win/loss does not affect my weekend. The game is an excuse for our family to do something out of the norm.

Hail State

confucius say
11-05-2023, 12:42 PM
You mean smart coaches? Leach was crazy enough to come here to prove folks wrong and to a decent degree he did that.

Other than coaching in the SEC, can you name something that we have that would entice a good coach to be our HC?

That's the reality. We have comparatively few resources, fewer alumni, less money for staff and coaches, and less money for NIL than all the other programs we compete against.

But our fan base also expects we should consistently beat those teams we compete against.

There are much easier paths to prominence than being our head coach. And I would guess if there were some really good coaches out there beating the door down to be our HC after Leach passed away, that Arnett would not be our HC right now.

Until we own what we are and work collectively to do something about it, it won't change.

We're right in the center of very fertile recruiting ground
We have low expectations.
You can average 7-5 here like Mullen did and make 7-8 million a year with low pressure.

Really Clark?
11-05-2023, 12:53 PM
You can average 7-5 here like Mullen did and make 7-8 million a year with low pressure.

I agree with part of that but I think the expectations have gone higher than 7-5 and there is very little appreciation for having just winning seasons. At least with some of vocal fans.

msstate7
11-05-2023, 12:59 PM

Moorhead got fired for an avg of 7-5

HoopsDawg
11-05-2023, 01:02 PM

Spud Webb played in the NBA at 5'6. Don't always be that guy 7.

Cooterpoot
11-05-2023, 01:05 PM
With an expanded playoff comes higher expectations by which coaches are judged. Just a fact! And when OM is going to a NYE big bowl for the fourth time to our one time, it's even bigger.

Coursesuper
11-05-2023, 01:07 PM

He was let go for a program that was going off the rails.

Goldendawg
11-05-2023, 01:10 PM

JoMo had lost the team (except at the outings at the waterpark) and the fan base (up to date on your sand kicking or "you are not dragging my yankee a_ _ out of here"). Guess OCH lost some business as LB's no longer punching out starting QB's also. I also don't miss the days /nights of his milking the clock down to about 5 seconds or so has he made his last second decision to outsmart SEC DC's before getting the play in. His gig at Akron not going so well. Most people in life have a ceiling in their work. Croom, an NFL RB coach, JoMo an OC, and now looks like CZA a DC. We have made some very poor HC hiring decisions recently and that's on our higher ups in the administration and the "Cigar Boys', if they really even exist.

sandjunky
11-05-2023, 01:20 PM
Look for Joe Judge to be hired - he?d unite the fan base

THE Bruce Dickinson
11-05-2023, 01:31 PM
7/31/2023: The offense is going to be really good. Starters coming back everywhere. 10 wins is a possibility

9/15/2023: We aren't showing anything yet. Looks for the O to really open up next week.

9/30/2023: We aren't very talented and all of this is Leach's recruiting faults

10/15/2023: I really like what I'm seeing on O. We were on pace for 300 yards for the game at the half

11/5/2023: We need money for the NIL

Life comes at you fast.

HoopsDawg
11-05-2023, 01:57 PM
7/31/2023: The offense is going to be really good. Starters coming back everywhere. 10 wins is a possibility

9/15/2023: We aren't showing anything yet. Looks for the O to really open up next week.

10/15/2023: I really like what I'm seeing on O. We were on pace for 300 yards for the game at the half

Life comes at you fast.

LOL. Spot on.

HancockCountyDog
11-05-2023, 02:08 PM

Life comes at you fast.

This is what getting completely owned on a message board looks like.

HRTFXR
11-05-2023, 02:24 PM
Regarding NIL and the fast-changing college athletics environment, I recommend setting aside a few hours to read this book:

http://https://www.amazon.com/Who-Moved-My-Cheese-Amazing/dp/0399144463/ref=sr_1_1?crid=1HDGQC4LYV6PM&keywords=who+moved+my+cheese+book&qid=1699212075&sprefix=Who+moved+my+chee%2Caps%2C92&sr=8-1 (https://www.amazon.com/Who-Moved-My-Cheese-Amazing/dp/0399144463/ref=sr_1_1?crid=1HDGQC4LYV6PM&keywords=who+moved+my+cheese+book&qid=1699212075&sprefix=Who+moved+my+chee%2Caps%2C92&sr=8-1)

confucius say
11-05-2023, 02:30 PM

He didn't get fired for going 7-5.
In fact, going 6-6 to average 7-5 kept him his job.
Then he had the program fall apart off the field that got him fired.

msudawg1200
11-05-2023, 02:34 PM
Blah, blah, blah excuses, excuses, excuses for your coaching boys. If the same was happening and Leach was coach all we'd hear is "we suck cause muh Airbone". It's all excuses for this staff. Pathetic loser excuse crap.

msudawg1200
11-05-2023, 02:36 PM

Life comes at you fast.

Take the L 34. Take the L.

Bothrops
11-05-2023, 03:56 PM

They want us out and I wouldn't be too surprised if MSU football isn't in a major league one day. We don't have the beans to compete now.

BuckyIsAB****
11-05-2023, 04:09 PM
Yawn

Lord McBuckethead
11-05-2023, 04:35 PM
Who gives a 17? If it is a money race in NIL, we have already lost and cannot raise enough money year in and out to compete. I am going to invest my donation for my family in my brokerage account, and enjoy retirement early as opposed to giving to the NIL. Bulldog football is dead due to NIL. Simple as that.

We raise 10 million, everyone else raises 20. If we raise 20, they raise 30. We cannot compete with that kind of juice. We simply do not have that many alumni to give that much year in and out.

Quaoarsking
11-05-2023, 04:37 PM
Who gives a 17? If it is a money race in NIL, we have already lost and cannot raise enough money year in and out to compete. I am going to invest my donation for my family in my brokerage account, and enjoy retirement early as opposed to giving to the NIL. Bulldog football is dead due to NIL. Simple as that.

We raise 10 million, everyone else raises 20. If we raise 20, they raise 30. We cannot compete with that kind of juice. We simply do not have that many alumni to give that much year in and out.

That's why there needs to be SEC NIL sharing and an NIL cap, like we see in professional sports

smootness
11-05-2023, 05:01 PM

All these ?if we only get 45,000 people to give X/month? posts are insane. You will never, ever get that many people to give much of anything on a monthly basis. NIL is about big donors and always will be.

Bubb Rubb
11-05-2023, 05:29 PM

N I L

Hail State

We are not 13th in NIL. This ignorance should not stand. I strongly suggest you give Charlie a call and educate yourself on this topic.

Cooterpoot
11-05-2023, 05:32 PM
This staff is fired yall don't even need to argue about it anymore. The wheels are turning and ITS COMING.

viverlibre
11-05-2023, 05:39 PM
MS high school playing Lacrosse? That is awesome.

Santiago
11-05-2023, 05:48 PM

N I L

Hail State

NIL commitment from me once I know the influencers are all cleared out of the Bryan building and alumni group that has been in Arnett's ear. Otherwise, no. Not giving to it when a group has nuked a program out of selfishness and redneck ignorance.

Santiago
11-05-2023, 05:50 PM
This staff is fired yall don't even need to argue about it anymore. The wheels are turning and ITS COMING.

Not just the staff, but we need to clear out those having the influence. And then the water toters in media need to be called out.

Santiago
11-05-2023, 05:51 PM

N I L

Hail State

If only we had been developing an offensive system that works to neutralize against better talent....oh wait... we were implementing that but the rednecks took over.
I can just imagine if this same group of supporters were around when the forward pass was in the early years utilized. This MSU group would have been on the side of things saying it will doom the game.

Coursesuper
11-05-2023, 06:00 PM

Here?s to hoping you are right.

Jarius
11-05-2023, 06:34 PM
There are multiple people very close to Charlie and the initiative that will tell you that while we once were very bad off with NIL, we are much better now. We are competing financially with teams in our “range” so to speak. I don’t believe our NIL is as bad as this post makes out. It’s obviously not on the level of teams who are spending A&M type money, but we aren’t going to lose a coach we could normally get due to NIL in my opinion. That’s not to say some won’t turn us down, but I think it will be the type that turned us down prior to NIL anyway.

Coach34
11-05-2023, 06:40 PM
Take the L 34. Take the L.

I wanna see my post saying 10 wins was possible.

Coach34
11-05-2023, 06:41 PM
We are not 13th in NIL. This ignorance should not stand. I strongly suggest you give Charlie a call and educate yourself on this topic.

I know about the million dollar donation. Still doesn’t change our spot as 13th

Turfdawg67
11-05-2023, 07:07 PM

Are we 12th? Who are we above? Missouri? Vandy?

Jarius
11-05-2023, 07:50 PM

We aren’t recruiting this poorly due to a lack of money. We are recruiting this poorly because anyone with eyeballs knows this coaching staff is getting fired very soon.

Coach34
11-05-2023, 07:53 PM
We aren’t recruiting this poorly due to a lack of money. We are recruiting this poorly because anyone with eyeballs knows this coaching staff is getting fired very soon.

Whoa now- our lack of talent is on Leach. Our recruiting this cycle on rank of player is 26th in the country- aka- not poor. Stop with the BS narratives

BlackSailsDawg
11-05-2023, 07:57 PM
Whoa now- our lack of talent is on Leach. Our recruiting this cycle on rank of player is 26th in the country- aka- not poor. Stop with the BS narratives

You are full of shit.

BuckyIsAB****
11-05-2023, 08:00 PM

About the same thing that it was with Leach. You are pushing a narrative. Our head coach is already pushing the we only need to win 2 more games narrative to the kids. I wonder why? Why isnt he saying we need to go 3-0? Why is BP miles away from Arnett now? Why did the offense change 3 times in 6 months? Why did we bring in Vandys backup QB and randomly play him over the best passing QB we have ever had? Why did we all of a sudden abandon continuity when we based the whole hire on it? Why did every player on our entire team get worse from a year ago? Why couldnt Arnett and BP find an OC? Why? Tell me your narrative

parabrave
11-05-2023, 08:01 PM
That's why there needs to be SEC NIL sharing and an NIL cap, like we see in professional sports

There will have to be4 a cap or something like a national slot allotment like baseball. Congress will be getting involved at some point in time

Jarius
11-05-2023, 08:02 PM

We are currently ranked 39th in recruiting. Leach definitely did a poor job of recruiting defense and quarterbacks, but this year we are recruiting exceptionally poorly.

BuckyIsAB****
11-05-2023, 08:03 PM
We are currently ranked 39th in recruiting. Leach definitely did a poor job of recruiting defense and quarterbacks, but this year we are recruiting exceptionally poorly.

Hang on now the tuff guys will tell you Locke is better than what we have now. They said the same thing about Sawyer and the USM QB they wanted to be good so bad. Dudek was absolutely a huge slappy no doubt

Goldendawg
11-05-2023, 08:11 PM
I checked USM's roster where many of our outgoing portal players landed. I couldn't find a name I recognized starting. Most are no longer on the team. Our player evaluation and overall recruiting have been bad for a few years. We did have about 25 receiver types on the team with the AR. Our roster was/is badly out of balance. JMO.

R2Dawg
11-05-2023, 08:15 PM
We are not where we want to be on NIL, but C. Winfield himself posted recently that we are in better shape than we have ever been on NIL and every player has a NIL deal. I have been to virtually every home game for over 55 years as a season ticket holder and much of the good lower $eats were empty by halftime last night. 3rd quarter attendance a joke, 4th a disgrace. Think those who pay big $ for this "experience" will give more if this clown show continues? This is now a double edged sword if you want more $upport on and off the field. I know no one who has any hope in the status quo and I know a lot of State fans in NE MS. We need a restart with a real SEC type, experienced HC and staff ASAP!

If every player has an NIL deal then we are not spending money very smart. What does a third string WR bring to the table or 5th string RB?

R2Dawg
11-05-2023, 08:16 PM
I checked USM's roster where many of our outgoing portal players landed. I couldn't find a name I recognized starting. Most are no longer on the team. Our player evaluation and overall recruiting have been bad for a few years. We did have about 25 receiver types on the team with the AR. Our roster was/is badly out of balance. JMO.

This is fact and you can pay these guys well and it won't change a dang thing on the field.

BlackSailsDawg
11-05-2023, 08:19 PM

We never had 25 receivers under Leach. We actually had LESS than what he inherited.

Coach34
11-05-2023, 08:22 PM

because we are signing a small HS class. 1/3 of our team is leaving so we need older players. Is why we are going juco/portal. Our quality of player in this recruiting class is good.

What do you not understand about that?

BuckyIsAB****
11-05-2023, 08:24 PM
because we are signing a small HS class. 1/3 of our team is leaving so we need older players. Is why we are going juco/portal. Our quality of player in this recruiting class is good.

It?s gonna be a lot more than 1/3. They are going to get out faster than they can get in.

HoopsDawg
11-05-2023, 08:30 PM

We aren't signing a small HS class intentionally. We've missed on a ton of high priority targets including a dozen in our own state.

BuckyIsAB****
11-05-2023, 08:33 PM
We aren't signing a small HS class intentionally. We've missed on a ton of high priority targets including a dozen in our own state.

And for all the hate on Leach for signing WRs guess what our top 2 commits from MS play

Coach34
11-05-2023, 08:35 PM

yes we are. We need older players. We havent missed much on HS guys- we just didnt have the money required to be in the mix

Jarius
11-05-2023, 08:38 PM

We are signing a small high school class because we missed on most of our big time recruits within the state. The JUCO guys we are about to get committed are nothing that’s going to move the recruiting needle in a positive direction and we will finish around 30-35 which is not good at all. It really isn’t debatable that we are recruiting exceptionally poorly at the moment. Our average ranking per commit is going to continually go down the more players we sign because we have no more big targets left on the board. That will probably change once Arnett gets fired in 3 weeks because we have something to sell and transfers will have a reason to actually give us a look.

Percho
11-05-2023, 08:46 PM
MS high school playing Lacrosse? That is awesome.

Makes me think of Jim Brown.

BuckyIsAB****
11-05-2023, 08:51 PM
We are signing a small high school class because we missed on most of our big time recruits within the state. The JUCO guys we are about to get committed are nothing that’s going to move the recruiting needle in a positive direction and we will finish around 30-35 which is not good at all. It really isn’t debatable that we are recruiting exceptionally poorly at the moment. Our average ranking per commit is going to continually go down the more players we sign because we have no more big targets left on the board. That will probably change once Arnett gets fired in 3 weeks because we have something to sell and transfers will have a reason to actually give us a look.

Im struggling to find reasons to let him finish the year out

Activated Alpha
11-05-2023, 08:51 PM
yes we are. We need older players. We havent missed much on HS guys- we just didnt have the money required to be in the mix

As this year is a testament, we don't necessarily need "older" players. You have consistently shite all over our older players this year. So we actually need better players along with a better coaching staff...

Jarius
11-05-2023, 08:54 PM
Im struggling to find reasons to let him finish the year out

I mean Selmon is already talking to agents and we have had Arnett on 3 or 4 hot seat articles because agents know he’s about to get fired. I don’t think it hurts to just let him finish it out so long as we are doing everything behind the scenes needed to make a fast hire.

BuckyIsAB****
11-05-2023, 08:59 PM
I mean Selmon is already talking to agents and we have had Arnett on 3 or 4 hot seat articles because agents know he’s about to get fired. I don’t think it hurts to just let him finish it out so long as we are doing everything behind the scenes needed to make a fast hire.

These kids would play better if we made the move now, but I get it

Really Clark?
11-05-2023, 09:10 PM

Agree, it playing out already behind the scenes

Goldendawg
11-05-2023, 09:41 PM
We never had 25 receivers under Leach. We actually had LESS than what he inherited.

I counted our Spring training roster and went to the scrimmage. Some were walkons but we easily had 25 or so slot & Wr types on that roster.

Goldendawg
11-05-2023, 09:46 PM
There will have to be4 a cap or something like a national slot allotment like baseball. Congress will be getting involved at some point in time

Saw an article on MSN lastweek that the judge handling the former players' suit against the NCAA has turned it into a class action suit. Damages could now be $4.2 billion to the former and current players if the NCAA loses. Also mentioned athletes in all college sports would be eligible for a cut of ticket sales, tv revenue, etc. This could take years through the courts but NIL could be nothing compared to this. Some of you lawyer types might can explain with more details. College football as we knew it is going the way of the DoDo bird.

Goldendawg
11-05-2023, 09:49 PM
We are signing a small high school class because we missed on most of our big time recruits within the state. The JUCO guys we are about to get committed are nothing that?s going to move the recruiting needle in a positive direction and we will finish around 30-35 which is not good at all. It really isn?t debatable that we are recruiting exceptionally poorly at the moment. Our average ranking per commit is going to continually go down the more players we sign because we have no more big targets left on the board. That will probably change once Arnett gets fired in 3 weeks because we have something to sell and transfers will have a reason to actually give us a look.

Hope our new bunch of "older' players look better in this staff's O and D than our current older players if we stupidly give them a 2nd year.

DownwardDawg
11-05-2023, 09:51 PM
Agree, it playing out already behind the scenes

I hope so. I've been worried about Selmon. I hope he surprises me. Pull the trigger and make a damn home run hire.

Bubb Rubb
11-06-2023, 12:07 AM

We are squarely middle of the pack. Instead of following the idiot over here, talk to Charlie Winfield and get the scoop.

We've had an extremely productive year in NIL. This narrative that we're way behind everyone else - particularly Ole Miss, is just that - a narrative. We're competitive with all the teams in our weight class - Kentucky, SC, Ole Miss, Arkansas, Mizzou, etc.

The Federalist Engineer
11-06-2023, 12:52 AM
Loser mentality.

I wonder, is MSU really 15th in NIL. How big is the MSU gap to 8th or even 14th.

SPMT
11-06-2023, 08:19 AM
This thread is weak and pathetic.
And the OP is factually wrong. Bad take and making excuses for incompetence.
We don't need 10-15 million annually to compete in football and every coaching candidate knows that. That is one of the dumbest things I've heard in life. I hope he was kidding.
Do we need more? Of course. But OM is going to be in a NY6 bowl (twice in 3 years) and is not spending anywhere close to 10-15 million annually in football. Not even half of that. Just a horrible post.

My thing is, if NIL is the issue and this is now just the elimination of the bagman giving money to the players 5 or so years ago?..why is NIL the issue?

The money was being spent a few years ago under the table and now it?s above the table.

Then NIL is a moot point. We had better players then than now.

Jarius
11-06-2023, 10:56 AM

Like I was saying, recruiting is going exceptionally poor. Our best commit just dropped us as well. You want to come again with this BS or are we good here? Yea, that's what I thought.

BuckyIsAB****
11-06-2023, 07:48 PM
Like I was saying, recruiting is going exceptionally poor. Our best commit just dropped us as well. You want to come again with this BS or are we good here? Yea, that's what I thought.

Kids arent stupid and it damn sure isnt all about NIL. If you are offering a real sum of money to a HS kid just to get him to come you are a dummy anyway. No kid wants to come play for these guys. We have 3 coaches on the entire staff that kids can relate to

dawgday166
11-06-2023, 08:07 PM
delete

dawgday166
11-06-2023, 08:10 PM

https://i.postimg.cc/sgX7r3Tf/MSU-Recruiting.png

Coach34
11-06-2023, 09:09 PM
We are squarely middle of the pack. Instead of following the idiot over here, talk to Charlie Winfield and get the scoop.

We've had an extremely productive year in NIL. This narrative that we're way behind everyone else - particularly Ole Miss, is just that - a narrative. We're competitive with all the teams in our weight class - Kentucky, SC, Ole Miss, Arkansas, Mizzou, etc.

When I talk portal- I mean hiring another 7-8 people that do evals like other schools have. That's part of the money for NIL. We are not anywhere near where other schools are at this point no matter what you try to spout here

Jarius
11-06-2023, 09:53 PM
We are currently ranked 46th in the country and last in the SEC in recruiting. This staff is toast.

Bubb Rubb
11-07-2023, 10:10 AM
When I talk portal- I mean hiring another 7-8 people that do evals like other schools have. That's part of the money for NIL. We are not anywhere near where other schools are at this point no matter what you try to spout here

Instead of spewing stuff from your ass on here, pick up the phone and call Charlie Winfield. He'll be happy to educate you.

msudawg1200
11-07-2023, 10:25 AM
Instead of spewing stuff from your ass on here, pick up the phone and call Charlie Winfield. He'll be happy to educate you.

You know whatever Narcissist34 says is the truth because HE said so

Bubb Rubb
11-07-2023, 10:35 AM
You know whatever Narcissist34 says is the truth because HE said so

I'm not attacking him. I have no issues with him and like most of what he posts. But sometimes he jumps the shark. I get that he has a buddy on staff so he's carrying water. But he's throwing out hot takes in this thread like he was Stephen A. Smith on a three day bender. The two biggest whoppers are that we're 13th in the SEC in NIL and that we're prioritizing jucos over high school recruits because we need to get older. Stuff than anyone with a functioning brain wave knows is wrong. I encourage everyone to get the facts and not just run with message board narratives. Rosebowl destroyed what little access/credibility he had left during the OC search because of stuff like that.

msudawg1200
11-07-2023, 11:22 AM
I'm not attacking him. I have no issues with him and like most of what he posts. But sometimes he jumps the shark. I get that he has a buddy on staff so he's carrying water. But he's throwing out hot takes in this thread like he was Stephen A. Smith on a three day bender. The two biggest whoppers are that we're 13th in the SEC in NIL and that we're prioritizing jucos over high school recruits because we need to get older. Stuff than anyone with a functioning brain wave knows is wrong. I encourage everyone to get the facts and not just run with message board narratives. Rosebowl destroyed what little access/credibility he had left during the OC search because of stuff like that.
Agree

Really Clark?
11-07-2023, 11:33 AM

"Hot takes in this thread like he was Stephen A. Smith on a three day bender."

Hahaha