PDA

View Full Version : Will parson start from here out?

msstate7
11-05-2023, 07:24 AM
He's the only way to keep me interested in the final 3 games.

Dawgface
11-05-2023, 07:26 AM
The idiots in charge will probably start Wright but get Parson in at some point.

DownwardDawg
11-05-2023, 08:09 AM
Surely he will start until Will is back.

Really Clark?
11-05-2023, 08:13 AM
I'd probably start Wright next week being on the road in an hostile environment, let the game settle a little and then work Parson in quickly. Use Wright like an opener

Lord McBuckethead
11-05-2023, 08:49 AM
I'd probably start Wright next week being on the road in an hostile environment, let the game settle a little and then work Parson in quickly. Use Wright like an opener

Well that is the dumbest Shit I have ever heard. Why not just kneel the ball and give up a few possessions to start the game? We scored 3 pts on Kentucky, at home, on homecoming.

Really Clark?
11-05-2023, 09:14 AM
Well that is the dumbest Shit I have ever heard. Why not just kneel the ball and give up a few possessions to start the game? We scored 3 pts on Kentucky, at home, on homecoming.

Because I got a true Freshman going on the road in the SEC against a good defense and all he has played is 1 quarter late in the game against a soft defense. I'm going to take the edge off some to start the game. I need Parson long term and not to take a confidence hit. Then I can start him against USM

Cowbell
11-05-2023, 09:18 AM
If Parson does not start, then arnette deserves everything he has coming and I have been in his corner the entire time.

basedog
11-05-2023, 09:24 AM
Because I got a true Freshman going on the road in the SEC against a good defense and all he has played is 1 quarter late in the game against a soft defense. I'm going to take the edge off some to start the game. I need Parson long term and not to take a confidence hit. Then I can start him against USM

He has to learn, and I don't think it would do any harm for him to start Saturday. He is our best option moving forward. He has been dressing out and on the sideline with head phones.

EdwardDrayton
11-05-2023, 09:27 AM
These kids wanted to get paid. That and the transfer portal changes things. No more coddling. Grow up and get your ass on the field.

msstate7
11-05-2023, 09:28 AM

This is very sensible, and it would be the correct path in a normal situation. Arnett and barbay aren't in a normal situation... they got one foot out the door (unwillingly). If parson gives a glimmer of hope even in a loss, it helps them. Wright getting his brains beat out only cements their fate. To save arnett's job, parson or will is the only option from here out imo

Really Clark?
11-05-2023, 09:28 AM
He has to learn, and I don't think it would do any harm for him to start Saturday. He is our best option moving forward. He has been dressing out and on the sideline with head phones.

Maybe and you are right in the sense I don't know him enough personally to get a good idea of his makeup. So it may not matter and he may thrive. But I made the wrong choice before and seen it go both ways. I'm pretty cautious in these circumstances and that worked better later.

msudawg1200
11-05-2023, 09:33 AM
These kids wanted to get paid. That and the transfer portal changes things. No more coddling. Grow up and get your ass on the field.

No doubt. Money changes everything. Literally.

basedog
11-05-2023, 09:36 AM
Maybe and you are right in the sense I don't know him enough personally to get a good idea of his makeup. So it may not matter and he may thrive. But I made the wrong choice before and seen it go both ways. I'm pretty cautious in these circumstances and that worked better later.

I would bet all my vCash Parson would be all in for starting Saturday. He was pretty highly rate and most good athletes want to play and aren't scared. No way it would ruin his confidence, now maybe getting hurt is another thing with this OL.

BuckyIsAB****
11-05-2023, 09:37 AM
Wright starts until Will comes back

Really Clark?
11-05-2023, 09:39 AM
This is very sensible, and it would be the correct path in a normal situation. Arnett and barbay aren't in a normal situation... they got one foot out the door (unwillingly). If parson gives a glimmer of hope even in a loss, it helps them. Wright getting his brains beat out only cements their fate. To save arnett's job, parson or will is the only option from here out imo

I get it and maybe the approach to it and demeanor of Parson would not be a confidence hit to him. I believe he can be good with some polish and as he gets better reading and interpreting defenses quicker.

EdwardDrayton

That ....... would be par for the course for this staff.

msstate7

And when is that?

CadaverDawg
11-05-2023, 09:40 AM
If I'm Arnett and Barbay, I've already announced Parson as the starter to keep a few fans interested. In fact, i may would even announce a total youth movement that includes Creed, and others as starters. i remember back in the Croom days the only thing that kept me tuning in was hope in the future by seeing the young promising guys getting meaningful reps. we have reached Croom status, so Arnett should consider it.

BuckyIsAB****
11-05-2023, 09:41 AM
And when is that?

USM

Really Clark?
11-05-2023, 09:42 AM
I would bet all my vCash Parson would be all in for starting Saturday. He was pretty highly rate and most good athletes want to play and aren't scared. No way it would ruin his confidence, now maybe getting hurt is another thing with this OL.

Oh I don't doubt him being all in for starting. That never crossed my mind. You maybe right. Like I said, that's is just probably what I do. If we were playing USM next at home, I'd have a different take on it.

basedog
11-05-2023, 09:45 AM
Oh I don't doubt him being all in for starting. That never crossed my mind. You maybe right. Like I said, that's is just probably what I do. If we were playing USM next at home, I'd have a different take on it.

Also Clark, starting Parson we could give him packages that he does well with and not what Wright and Will have. Lot of unknowns at this point what Parson can or will do but lets find out. We have nothing to lose making him the starter moving forward.

TheLostDawg
11-05-2023, 09:47 AM
Play parson
Don't and he's possibly gone.
Do and he does okay. Maybe gone still.
He doesn't do great. More likely stay as humbles him. Gives him experience. Maybe not as sought after as now teams see he's not day one starter

CadaverDawg
11-05-2023, 09:48 AM
USM

Haha of course it is. Just in time for him to pad some stats against USM and give Bucky and crew the ammo needed to say how great he is. You can't make it up. We should let Parson start against Southern to get some Confidence....not do the false hope charade where we run Will back out there against a crap team so he can shine, only to fall flat on our face in the Egg. But I'm sure that is exactly what we'll do.

Arnett's last gasp at saving his job will be blaming the season on Will's injury...so the only option is to have him return vs USM and look good, and then pray we can pull an upset over Ole Miss, so he can say "imagine if we had Will all year". And oh the irony if Bucky's boy is the exact guy that save Arnett and Barbay from being fired. That would be glorious disaster

ShotgunDawg
11-05-2023, 09:49 AM

He should play over Will. Will isn?t the future.

Parson needs reps and it helps us figure out our NIL needs more.

Homedawg
11-05-2023, 09:52 AM
Play parson
Don't and he's possibly gone.
Do and he does okay. Maybe gone still.
He doesn't do great. More likely stay as humbles him. Gives him experience. Maybe not as sought after as now teams see he's not day one starter

No matter who the coach is, we have to go get a portal qb. Have to. So he's gonna have to deal w that and decide if he stays or goes. Maybe he wins the job. Idk.

BuckyIsAB****
11-05-2023, 09:52 AM
Haha of course it is. Just in time for him to pad some stats against USM and give Bucky and crew the ammo needed to say how great he is. You can't make it up. We should let Parson start against Southern to get some Confidence....not do the false hope charade where we run Will back out there against a crap team so he can shine, only to fall flat on our face in the Egg. But I'm sure that is exactly what we'll do.

Arnett's last gasp at saving his job will be blaming the season on Will's injury...so the only option is to have him return vs USM and look good, and then pray we can pull an upset over Ole Miss, so he can say "imagine if we had Will all year". And oh the irony if Bucky's boy is the exact guy that save Arnett and Barbay from being fired. That would be glorious disaster

No? Because thats when the doctors will clear him to play. You are better than what you just posted. He gives us the best chance to win. And at this point I am not sure that winning the last 2 is good for us or not. I want this shit show to end. It should have never been started and some folks should be held accountable

If Will plays against auburn and UK we have a much much better chance to win both. That is unarguable. Unless you are just throwing shit at the wall like you just did being petty

BuckyIsAB****
11-05-2023, 09:54 AM
He should play over Will. Will isn?t the future.

Parson needs reps and it helps us figure out our NIL needs more.

Well our staff made the decision to not only bring in Wright but play him. And play him and totally random points of games just splitting the staff and locker room in half.

Homedawg
11-05-2023, 09:56 AM
No? Because thats when the doctors will clear him to play. You are better than what you just posted. He gives us the best chance to win. And at this point I am not sure that winning the last 2 is good for us or not. I want this shit show to end. It should have never been started and some folks should be held accountable

If Will plays against auburn and UK we have a much much better chance to win both. That is unarguable. Unless you are just throwing shit at the wall like you just did being petty

He's definitely the best we have. Said that before he got hurt when people were begging for Wright. And yes true on auburn and uk. And yes again, if he's healthy he should play. You try to win the game. I know it's not likely, but it's what one should do.

BlackSailsDawg
11-05-2023, 10:00 AM

Here is what I see. People want to win. Most seem to not know the actual issue and thinks that a QB change will fix it. It is then said, "It can't get any worse". Well, yeah it can.

The issues we face is scheme. It's coaching. A QB won't change that. So how can it get worse?

Parson was 43% last night. He was sacked what 3 times. Most of those sacks came because he doesn't trust his pocket enough. Several times he ran backwards to roll out straight into pressure rather than step up. On 2 occasions he, was being dragged down while throwing it away (one of which was flagged).

The truth is it can get worse. Doing what he did in 3 series throughout a complete game, he could get injured. We have 1 win on our schedule left. Rather than throwing him under the bus, let him continue to come in late to gain experience.

BuckyIsAB****
11-05-2023, 10:04 AM
He's definitely the best we have. Said that before he got hurt when people were begging for Wright. And yes true on auburn and uk. And yes again, if he's healthy he should play. You try to win the game. I know it's not likely, but it's what one should do.

Seeing this now makes me even more confused about what in the name of God were we doing with Wright before Will got hurt

Really Clark?
11-05-2023, 10:08 AM

This^^^

HancockCountyDog
11-05-2023, 10:09 AM
I don?t understand why everyone thinks that Parson is somehow the future based on that game.

More than anything, we need to spend a ton after a portal QB.

msstate7
11-05-2023, 10:13 AM
I don?t understand why everyone thinks that Parson is somehow the future based on that game.

Are people saying that? I tell you who isn't the future, wright. I have no interest in watching wright next week, but I would watch parson to see if he's got potential

Really Clark?
11-05-2023, 10:13 AM

We are going to try our best to spend as much as possible for a good portal QB this off-season. That was and is the plan.

confucius say
11-05-2023, 10:19 AM

Can't argue with any of this.

confucius say
11-05-2023, 10:24 AM
We are going to try our best to spend as much as possible for a good portal QB this off-season. That was and is the plan.

Maybe 2 QB

basedog
11-05-2023, 10:25 AM
Can't argue with any of this.

If Will is 100% you have to start and play him no doubt.

Homedawg
11-05-2023, 10:26 AM
Maybe 2 QB

Correct.

confucius say
11-05-2023, 10:27 AM

Bc you see a glimmer of hope. A playmaker. A dual threat guy. Arm talent and elusive. He also had three drops for what would have been good gains. He's not ready, but as a true freshman playing for the first time, he provided entertainment and hope. Hope is an important currency right now.

Really Clark?
11-05-2023, 10:28 AM
Maybe 2 QB

Most likely, if we can at all possible

Quaoarsking
11-05-2023, 10:44 AM
Remember when Moorhead kept starting Stevens over Shrader, and then having to put in Shrader anyway once we were behind? It's that all over again.

Parson isn't a fragile loser. He came here to play in the SEC, so let him.

Charlie_Sheen420
11-05-2023, 10:47 AM
If I'm Arnett and Barbay, I've already announced Parson as the starter to keep a few fans interested. In fact, i may would even announce a total youth movement that includes Creed, and others as starters. i remember back in the Croom days the only thing that kept me tuning in was hope in the future by seeing the young promising guys getting meaningful reps. we have reached Croom status, so Arnett should consider it.
You are 100% correct, we need to be benching players that have quit?.Tulu is number 1. He?s supposed to be a leader and the dude has checked out. Bench his ass and give Creed and everyone else that actually wants to play reps?

EdwardDrayton
11-05-2023, 10:50 AM

Not that he's clearly the future but that he's worthy of keeping. And he clearly shows more upside than anyone we currently have.

DEDawg
11-05-2023, 10:53 AM
You 100% start him rest of the season. You thank Will for everything he has done and shut him down rest of the season with his injury. He's going to be amazing at WKU next year and set every passing record there is. Parson takes his lumps next weekend in a hostile road game and gets extremely valuable experience. Blows up USM then has his feet wet for the Egg Bowl. Lose this joke of a coaching staff, bring in the right offensive guru, and get the playbook in Parson's hand by Dec 1st.

Mjoelner34
11-05-2023, 10:54 AM
Surely he will start until Will is back.

I may even start him then or either start Will and give Parson 3 quarters. Wright should never see the field again and Will should see it sparingly as should other seniors. It's full-on rebuild mode from this point on. Let Parson, Creed and Davis start building some in-game chemistry.

DEDawg
11-05-2023, 10:55 AM
Here is what I see. People want to win. Most seem to not know the actual issue and thinks that a QB change will fix it. It is then said, "It can't get any worse". Well, yeah it can.

The issues we face is scheme. It's coaching. A QB won't change that. So how can it get worse?

Parson was 43% last night. He was sacked what 3 times. Most of those sacks came because he doesn't trust his pocket enough. Several times he ran backwards to roll out straight into pressure rather than step up. On 2 occasions he, was being dragged down while throwing it away (one of which was flagged).

The truth is it can get worse. Doing what he did in 3 series throughout a complete game, he could get injured. We have 1 win on our schedule left. Rather than throwing him under the bus, let him continue to come in late to gain experience.

This is loser mentality.

DEDawg
11-05-2023, 10:58 AM

Maybe. Or maybe your highly recruited 4 star QB who literally just got his first ever SEC playing time with the worst coaching staff in the country shows you enough over the last 3 games. You have nothing to lose starting him the rest of the season.

Everything he does this year you have to expect will be 1.5x better next year with an actual coaching staff and year of experience.

State82
11-05-2023, 11:07 AM

Bingo. Play him. What difference does it make? We will get the hell beat out of us in College Station regardless of who is behind center. He will gain confidence in just being named the starter in a game like this.

CadaverDawg
11-05-2023, 12:18 PM
Wright sucks. Rogers sucks in this offense, although he's better than Wright.

That being said, neither of them is getting us to a bowl game, and neither is the future....so quit wasting time and valuable experience from a guy that could be the future. May not be, but the others we KNOW aren't. There is no other answer. And to anyone thinking we could possibly win 2 more with Will.....I'm not arguing with you, but answer this....is that really what you want anyway??! A bowl game keeps these clowns at the helm. So even if Will somehow pulled a rabbit out of his rear and beat Ole Miss, the prize is keeping Arnett as HC. Screw a bowl streak and a Belk Bowl...we need an injection of energy and excitement into this program and some hope for the future. We need a NIL bump. We get none of that with any continued combination of Arnett, Barbay, or even Rogers. LETS MOVE ON! Play the youngsters so maybe a FEW talented players will stay

maroonmania
11-05-2023, 12:39 PM
I still cant understand why we took a transfer QB to backup Rogers that has a skill set 180 degrees opposite of what Will has. I mean when you move from one QB to the other you can't really even run the same offense. Barbay really needs a QB that can run a little and throw a little. But we have Will that can throw but can't run and Wright that can run but can't throw. It's maddening.

CadaverDawg
11-05-2023, 12:44 PM
I still cant understand why we took a transfer QB to backup Rogers that has a skill set 180 degrees opposite of what Will has. I mean when you move from one QB to the other you can't really even run the same offense. Barbay really needs a QB that can run a little and throw a little. But we have Will that can throw but can't run and Wright that can run but can't throw. It's maddening.

1. Nobody else wanted to come
2. Rogers had zero mobility so they thought Wright in packages could help balance out the lack of having to prepare at all for a QB with functioning legs.
3. Our coaches sucked as bad when making that decision as they have since making that decision.

That's all I've got

maroonmania
11-05-2023, 12:57 PM
1. Nobody else wanted to come
2. Rogers had zero mobility so they thought Wright in packages could help balance out the lack of having to prepare at all for a QB with functioning legs.
3. Our coaches sucked as bad when making that decision as they have since making that decision.

That's all I've got

I get the package thing but at some point you would have thought somebody on the staff might have thought about the problem looming with not having a QB that could run the same offense if Will went down which he has. The other issue that's pretty obvious is we are obviously trying not to run Wright too much to avoid him getting seriously hurt but if he doesn't run a lot he is really not worth much.

parabrave
11-05-2023, 12:58 PM

This will be the new thought of true freshmen starting. They are now getting paid to do a job. Time to earn your money kid.

EdwardDrayton
11-05-2023, 01:12 PM
I get the package thing but at some point you would have thought somebody on the staff might have thought about the problem looming with not having a QB that could run the same offense if Will went down which he has. The other issue that's pretty obvious is we are obviously trying not to run Wright too much to avoid him getting seriously hurt but if he doesn't run a lot he is really not worth much.

And as a result he's tentative when he runs.