PDA

View Full Version : Saturday Night Thoughts-Fire This Staff Edition

StarkVegasSteve
11-04-2023, 10:20 PM
This is embarrassing and this clueless staff has no clue how to turn it around.

1. Fire Arnett before the clock strikes 12 midnight. Promote Knox and ride out the rest of this season.

2. Fire Brock before you fire Arnett. He makes Peter Sirmon look like Dick LeBeau. My god he is legitimately awful.

3. Play Parson the rest of the year if Will is not healthy. Anyone with half of a brain tried to tell all of you that Wright got replaced at Vandy because he was ass and some of you tried to make him the next Chris Relf.

4. Hire Dan Mullen the Friday after the Egg Bowl Massacre. Pay him whatever he wants and let him bring back whoever he wants.

5. I will have my Sunday thoughts tomorrow but 17 this staff.

Dawgface
11-04-2023, 10:27 PM
I would be fine with Mullen. Doubt we could pull anyone any better. He may be content tho.

TrapGame
11-04-2023, 10:31 PM
I know everyone wants a young, hot offensive minded coach but I think most of those guys don't want us. I think we are going to wind up with Petrino, Rich Rod or Mullen 2.0.

Hope I'm wrong but that's the way it looks.

Cooterpoot
11-04-2023, 10:34 PM
I know everyone wants a young, hot offensive minded coach but I think most of those guys don't want us. I think we are going to wind up with Petrino, Rich Rod or Mullen 2.0.

Oh, you couldn't be more wrong

BuckyIsAB****
11-04-2023, 10:36 PM
I think the team would play better if we made the move now

TrapGame
11-04-2023, 10:36 PM

Thank you.

dawgday166
11-04-2023, 10:38 PM

Would love to find a Drinkwitz. He and his staff seem to be able to coach stupid, no talented 3 and 4* players. They have almost the same exact number of each as we do.

defiantdog
11-04-2023, 10:39 PM
I would be fine with Mullen. Doubt we could pull anyone any better. He may be content tho.

Anything is better than what we got

EdwardDrayton
11-04-2023, 10:40 PM
* What's the value in firing them now as opposed to when the season is over.
* Not Mullen. Never again.
* Folks just wanted to see what Wright could do, not because they thought he would be The Deliverer. Obviously he's not. Now we see Parson has promise and, yes, he should now get the reps.

DownwardDawg
11-04-2023, 10:40 PM
Thank you.

Yes. I agree with you! Thank you Cooter!!

DownwardDawg
11-04-2023, 10:42 PM

Hallelujah!!!

DownwardDawg
11-04-2023, 10:44 PM
The entire staff needs to go. We need a complete overhaul.

BeardoMSU
11-04-2023, 11:07 PM

Oh...

https://i.makeagif.com/media/4-13-2020/rKdgX6.gif

KB21
11-05-2023, 04:22 AM
* What's the value in firing them now as opposed to when the season is over.
* Not Mullen. Never again.
* Folks just wanted to see what Wright could do, not because they thought he would be The Deliverer. Obviously he's not. Now we see Parson has promise and, yes, he should now get the reps.

What is the value in keeping him for three more games?

EdwardDrayton
11-05-2023, 04:32 AM
What is the value in keeping him for three more games?

We're going to convince HC prospects to come to Starkville with their families when they see they may not get a full season before they're right back out again. Not exactly a good look.

basedog
11-05-2023, 07:11 AM
It's Coming!

msstate7
11-05-2023, 07:15 AM

I think we gonna get Willie fritz, and I'm ok with that. I have absolutely nothing to base this on other than a hunch... we went with inexperience last time, so I think over compensate on experience this time. Willie is about to make back-to-back NY6 bowl games, so he isn't a chump

CoachT14
11-05-2023, 08:12 AM
We're going to convince HC prospects to come to Starkville with their families when they see they may not get a full season before they're right back out again. Not exactly a good look.

Outside of an abject disaster or moral improprieties or massive recruiting violations? whoever we hire is getting more than Arnett.

The coach knows it, the family knows it, the football world knows it. This isn?t a normal situation and only folks like you who are scared of their shadow see it as an issue.

I?m sure you were on here after we fired Moorhead crying about how no one would come here because he fired a coach with a winning record and 2 egg bowl wins.

CoachT14
11-05-2023, 08:13 AM
I think we gonna get Willie fritz, and I'm ok with that. I have absolutely nothing to base this on other than a hunch... we went with inexperience last time, so I think over compensate on experience this time. Willie is about to make back-to-back NY6 bowl games, so he isn't a chump

If we hire a 63 year old end of his career old man it?s just as bad as keeping Arnett.

Really Clark?
11-05-2023, 08:20 AM
If we hire a 63 year old end of his career old man it?s just as bad as keeping Arnett.

Fritz is just as bad as Arnett? Have you lost your mind.

msstate7
11-05-2023, 08:22 AM

Pretty sure he's cult, so coaches in 60s are only ok if they run a particular offense

Really Clark?
11-05-2023, 08:25 AM
Pretty sure he's cult, so coaches in 60s are only ok if they run a particular offense

Well he's something for sure

Turfdawg67
11-05-2023, 08:26 AM
Remember that 7-3 victory? Man, the good times. Where's C34 and his Homeboy? They rag on KB and BSD for hiding... yet they are no where around to defend this crap!

SpaceWranglerDawg
11-05-2023, 08:26 AM
If we hired Fritz the interest level of Mississippi state football will stay in the exact same place it?s in at the moment.

I have never had the melancholy with state. We sold the rest of our tickets (thank God we did it last week). I dont listen to any radio or podcasts, I have never had this period of disinterest. It is extremely depressing.

CoachT14
11-05-2023, 08:28 AM

Did I say he was as bad as Arnett? Nope. Try again. I know you?re crying tonight. You?re in the same boat as Jean34 and homeiedawgy. You love this staff.

CoachT14
11-05-2023, 08:29 AM
If we hired Fritz the interest level of Mississippi state football will stay in the exact same place it?s in at the moment.

I have never had the melancholy with state. We sold the rest of our tickets (thank God we did it last week). I dont listen to any radio or podcasts, I have never had this period of disinterest. It is extremely depressing.

Thanks for putting the words better than myself. The apathy of this fan base will be just as bad with Fritz. I like Fritz. But now isn?t the time for a 63 year old end of his career coach. Just like it?s really not time for a first HC hire.

CoachT14
11-05-2023, 08:30 AM

Lol. I?ve literally been into multiple arguments about how Leach was past his prime. But sure I?m ?cult?

msstate7
11-05-2023, 08:34 AM
Did I say he was as bad as Arnett? Nope. Try again. I know you?re crying tonight. You?re in the same boat as Jean34 and homeiedawgy. You love this staff.

This is your post...

"If we hire a 63 year old end of his career old man it?s just as bad as keeping Arnett."

That says fritz is just as bad as arnett

CoachT14
11-05-2023, 08:38 AM
This is your post...

"If we hire a 63 year old end of his career old man it?s just as bad as keeping Arnett."

That says fritz is just as bad as arnett

It is just as bad Arnett
vs
is as bad as Arnett.

Some of you in your never ending defense of Arnett can?t read English apparently.

Let me spell it out for you since you?re not intelligent enough to understand.

If we hire Willie Fritz the fan base will have as much much apathy as we currently have with the meathead.

sandjunky
11-05-2023, 08:40 AM
It is just as bad Arnett
vs
is as bad as Arnett.

Some of you in your never ending defense of Arnett can?t read English apparently.

If we hire Willie Fritz the fan base will have as much much apathy as we currently have with the meathead.
He?s not a meathead but more of a meatball

CoachT14
11-05-2023, 08:41 AM
He?s not a meathead but more of a meatball

Fair enough. Lol.

msstate7
11-05-2023, 08:46 AM
It is just as bad Arnett
vs
is as bad as Arnett.

It's just as bad as arnett isn't equal to bad as arnett. Ok.

CoachT14
11-05-2023, 08:48 AM
It's just as bad as arnett isn't equal to bad as arnett. Ok.

Don?t get mad now cause both of y?all were so ready throw a gotcha y?all misread what was said.

msstate7
11-05-2023, 08:49 AM
Don?t get mad now cause both of y?all were so ready throw a gotcha y?all misread what was said.

I think I read it just fine

DawgFromOxford
11-05-2023, 08:56 AM
There?s no point in firing Arnett until the end of the season because It?s not just Arnett, it?s the majority of the staff that needs to go too. So do you cut all of them loose too and let GAs coach the last 3 games? Our W-L record is going to be the same whether the staff is in place or not so might as well ride it out for 3 more games and save a couple million on the buyout. We can have a new coach in place behind the scenes before officially firing Arnett

Really Clark?
11-05-2023, 08:57 AM

That is what you said. Fritz coaches circles around CZA so no it wouldn't be as bad. He's not my first at all but that is a stupid take.

I disagreed with hiring CZA to begin with so try again dipshit. But I completely understood why and how it was a logical choice at the time. But once it was done I was going to support him like I did coach Leach.

Really Clark?
11-05-2023, 09:03 AM

If you can't write well enough that your actual thoughts can not be understood by multiple people, the problem is your writing not the readers. I don't believe that was the case here, I think you meant what you wrote. Then after getting called out you are trying to weasel out by a failed attempt to parse and twist the meaning.

SpaceWranglerDawg
11-05-2023, 09:08 AM
It is just as bad Arnett
vs
is as bad as Arnett.

Completely agree. If you defend Arnett at this point, I have nothing for you. That is your own misery to wallow in. Have fun. I?ll be on the other side.

Sometimes I despise being born into a State loving family (I said sometimes for you studs that are going to fire off responses and feel the need to say something.) I feel worse today than I did as a student with croom. Of course there might be some recency bias, but I feel what I feel.

My kids are 5 and 6. There is still time to convert them and help them avoid the misery that is in their future.

StarkVegasSteve
11-05-2023, 09:09 AM

That is what you said. Fritz coaches circles around CZA so no it wouldn't be as bad. He's not my first at all but that is a stupid take.

I disagreed with hiring CZA to begin with so try again dipshit. But I completely understood why and how it was a logical choice at the time. But once it was done I was going to support him like I did coach Leach.

Fritz is obviously a better coach than Arnett. You barely have to open your eyes to see that. However, T14 is partially correct. Hiring Fritz will provide zero in the way of juice for this program. You can spin it, phrase it, scream it, or write it however you want but Fritz is not an exciting hire. He may be a good coach, but we need a guy who is going to fire up this fan base and give some life to this program.

msstate7
11-05-2023, 09:23 AM
Fritz is obviously a better coach than Arnett. You barely have to open your eyes to see that. However, T14 is partially correct. Hiring Fritz will provide zero in the way of juice for this program. You can spin it, phrase it, scream it, or write it however you want but Fritz is not an exciting hire. He may be a good coach, but we need a guy who is going to fire up this fan base and give some life to this program.

I think fritz is gonna the most proven of the choices we will have. I don't think we will go cood after arnett, and I don't think we can pull a p5 HC... this leaves guys like fritz, Herman, wommack, and Helton. Only fritz and wommack aren't retreads. Wommack is a defensive guy, and he's very young, so I don't see him getting it. I just think we'll be choosing from warts either way

BuckyIsAB****
11-05-2023, 09:41 AM

Home run hire

CoachT14
11-05-2023, 09:56 AM
If you can't write well enough that your actual thoughts can not be understood by multiple people, the problem is your writing not the readers. I don't believe that was the case here, I think you meant what you wrote. Then after getting called out you are trying to weasel out by a failed attempt to parse and twist the meaning.

Seems most ppl got it.

Lord McBuckethead
11-05-2023, 10:35 AM

That is dumb. We need 5 solid years and then he can retire with a pile of money and knowing whether he could cut it in the best conference in college football.

dawgday166
11-05-2023, 10:39 AM
I think I read it just fine

You don't write very well. Your post about Drinkwitz could be read a couple of ways yesterday too. And it was never really clear that you were meaning should we be patient with Arnett.

C'mon mane! Most people like Leach the coach and the culture he brought here. As of now none of us know what this season would've looked like under Leach and it's a never ending argument. But I'll tell you this ... if it had looked like this I'd of been ready to fire him a couple of games ago just like I wanted to fire this staff.

maroonmania
11-05-2023, 10:41 AM
I agree that Arnett just doesn't really seem to be HC material at this point, at least not in the SEC. I will say I feel bad for the guy that he has had to play a decent amount of the season without a decent starting QB (Will is decent, Wright is way below par) and without our starting RB. Not saying our offense would be good with those guys but its really hopeless without them. Not sure what Barbay is supposed to do with Wright. Only way he can be successful is with a LOT of QB runs but its obvious we aren't willing to do that because of the injury risk.

CoachT14
11-05-2023, 10:57 AM
That is dumb. We need 5 solid years and then he can retire with a pile of money and knowing whether he could cut it in the best conference in college football.

You know for a fact he has 5 good years?

Here?s the thing. It?s a crapshoot no matter who the hire is. There?s no guarantees. At least with a young, energetic coach you get some juice.