PDA

View Full Version : Question about Jameis Winston news

ShotgunDawg
12-04-2013, 05:13 PM
The SEC Logo ‏@SEC_Logo 4m
Jameis Winston investigation is complete, decision on charges will be announced 2 pm Thursday, just enough time for the checks to clear.

Do police departments normally have a press conference to announce charges, or do they just usually go arrest the guy without telling the whole world before they do it?

EngineerDawg
12-04-2013, 05:17 PM
I have a feeling it will be the "nothing to see here" response and the big broom is currently sweeping.

Todd4State
12-04-2013, 05:25 PM
I guess if it's high profile enough they do. Like Aaron Hernandez.

ShotgunDawg
12-04-2013, 05:42 PM
I guess if it's high profile enough they do. Like Aaron Hernandez.

I guess this is kind of my point, when charges were filed against Hernandez, didn't they just go arrest him and do a press conference later?

This tells me that, unless Winston is arrested before 2:00 tomorrow, Winston will be a free man.

CJDAWG85
12-04-2013, 05:46 PM
Hernandez allegedly killed someone... Winston allegedly raped a woman...

Political Hack
12-04-2013, 06:49 PM
if they were going to charge him wouldn't they just go arrest him rather than call a news conference to announce that they're going to arrest him?

gravedigger
12-04-2013, 06:50 PM
what's your point?

Political Hack
12-04-2013, 06:55 PM
what's your point?

who? me?

if me, point is that they probably aren't going to charge him. Otherwise they would go arrest him rather than hold a presser to announce they're going to arrest him.

BulldogBear
12-04-2013, 07:59 PM
Probably means he's off the hook but I do also look at the idea that he's not a likely flight risk and they "know where to find him" so to speak. I'm sure they've talked to him. Maybe they're pretty certain he'll turn himself in if charged. I'm just throwing ideas out there.

gravedigger
12-04-2013, 09:12 PM
no, sorry. My post was asking CJ what the distinction is in killing and raping.

I don't see how the two crimes, considering their severity, would prompt a police department to take either more lightly than the other.

ESPECIALLY a suspected rapist who's going to be given the opportunity to be around more victims.