PDA

View Full Version : Is Eli drinkwitz a coach we should consider before canning arnett?

msstate7
11-04-2023, 03:58 PM
Basically a .500 coach for 3 seasons before getting it going. We as a fanbase woulda been calling for his head before this season, and had mizzou not been patient, they might not have had this great season (so far).

Coursesuper
11-04-2023, 04:03 PM
Basically a .500 coach for 3 seasons before getting it going. We as a fanbase woulda been calling for his head before this season, and had mizzou not been patient, they might not have had this great season (so far).

Why would he lat move in the same conference when he?s built a good thing? Some of yall need to engage that brain housing group before you hit that post button.

Pancho
11-04-2023, 04:04 PM
LOL, he ain't leaving Columbia for Starkville

confucius say
Why would he lat move in the same conference when he?s built a good thing? Some of yall need to engage that brain housing group before you hit that post button.

Bruh. Read the post. He wasn't saying should we hire him. He's saying should we learn from Mizzou and exercise some patience.

msstate7

Read it slower. Mizzou was patient with Eli, and it is paying dividends this season.

confucius say
LOL, he ain't leaving Columbia for Starkville

Did you even read the op?

msstate7
11-04-2023, 04:05 PM
Did you even read the op?

The ones calling people idiots and laughing apparently really lack reading comprehension

confucius say
11-04-2023, 04:06 PM
Read it slower. Mizzou was patient with Eli, and it is paying dividends this season.

He got the qb position figured out. Do that and things fall into place

msstate7
11-04-2023, 04:09 PM

They do.

Eli had success at a previous stop too, which makes patience easier

Offshore Dawg
11-04-2023, 04:09 PM
What makes you think he or another sitting coach would leave what they have to come to State

msstate7
11-04-2023, 04:10 PM
What makes you think he or another sitting coach would leave what they have to come to State

Man, next time I guess I'll have to write post in crayons

Coursesuper
11-04-2023, 04:10 PM
Bruh. Read the post. He wasn't saying should we hire him. He's saying should we learn from Mizzou and exercise some patience.

I see that now, reaction to headlines. On that point he was a proven entity at a lower level. Our guy is not.

EdwardDrayton
11-04-2023, 04:11 PM
Our situation is different. We were sold a continuity narrative.

MetEdDawg
11-04-2023, 04:11 PM
Man, next time I guess I'll have to write post in crayons

This is why I put very little stock in what our fans say about our situation in most every sport and situation.

msstate7
11-04-2023, 04:12 PM
Hard to imagine why he would leave Missouri for us.

He wouldn't. Think hard about my post and what I'm saying

preachermatt83
11-04-2023, 04:13 PM
No. We were loaded with talent this year. This is the most talented team Arnett Will have at state

msstate7
11-04-2023, 04:14 PM
No. We were loaded with talent this year. This is the most talented team Arnett Will have at state

Man, that's a sad thought considering I don't think we're very talented

Homedawg
11-04-2023, 04:17 PM

Wel if it is, we won't ever have a coach.

EdwardDrayton
11-04-2023, 04:17 PM
He wouldn't. Think hard about my post and what I'm saying

Gotcha. Did not catch where you were going with that. Answer changed to reflect.

bulldawg28
11-04-2023, 04:18 PM
Yes, if he wins 7 games this year.

confucius say
11-04-2023, 04:20 PM

We won't have a single player drafted in 2024 most likely

RockyDog
11-04-2023, 04:25 PM
We are loaded with playing experience and seniority. Doesn’t mean we are loaded with talent. Our QB room and WR room would be at the bottom of all but 3-4 teams in the league. Our defense is pedestrian.

EdwardDrayton
11-04-2023, 04:26 PM
Man, that's a sad thought considering I don't think we're very talented

I mean, that's the irony of it all. We were sold this continuity narrative so as not to cause a step backward.

msstate7
11-04-2023, 04:27 PM
We are loaded with playing experience and seniority. Doesn’t mean we are loaded with talent. Our QB room and WR room would be at the bottom of all but 3-4 teams in the league. Our defense is pedestrian.

I agree. The question becomes do we trust arnett to get talent in the portal. If you think he can, I think I'd give him next season. And if you don't, well, you move on

msstate7
11-04-2023, 04:31 PM
I mean, that's the irony of it all. We were sold this continuity narrative so as not to cause a step backward.

I hated the hire. As a saints fan, I felt it was the Dennis allen 2.0. We made the hire though, so I'm trying to be patient. If I were the AD, I'd wanna hear ZA's plan on turning this around, along with talk to the players. Those answers would probably determine my action more than wins/losses

Cooterpoot
11-04-2023, 04:36 PM

If Arnett had gone through a hiring process and been the best available, you could bring this up. But he didn't.

EdwardDrayton
11-04-2023, 04:41 PM
I hated the hire. As a saints fan, I felt it was the Dennis allen 2.0. We made the hire though, so I'm trying to be patient. If I were the AD, I'd wanna hear ZA's plan on turning this around, along with talk to the players. Those answers would probably determine my action more than wins/losses

That's the perfect analogy.

Cooterpoot
11-04-2023, 04:56 PM

Naw, it's wins and losses and how things are going. We're pathetic on both sides of the ball. Asking a coach his plan does nothing and we know he's going full blown Juco. No legit portal help is coming to amateur hour.

HancockCountyDog
11-04-2023, 05:04 PM
The ones calling people idiots and laughing apparently really lack reading comprehension

I'll tell you right now, he is running a very similar offense that we are running. A lot of stretch plays.

I think patience is always a good thing for MSU, and I really think a big win tonight will help.

Cooterpoot
11-04-2023, 05:19 PM
You're comparing coach who took over a struggling program to rebuild and a coach who took over a team returning 2/3 of a 9 win team. Drinkwitz also went 12-1 as a HC before that hire.

msstate7
11-04-2023, 05:28 PM
You're comparing coach who took over a struggling program to rebuild and a coach who took over a team returning 2/3 of a 9 win team. Drinkwitz also went 12-1 as a HC before that hire.

Mizzou under Odom 2017-2019: 21-17
Mizzou under drinkwitz 2020-2022: 17-19

Bdawg
11-04-2023, 05:42 PM
If you can go out and hire a proven guy who you think is better than CZA and feel he can take you to higher places, then you got to make the hire. Nothing against ZA and I like him as a DC, but he hasn’t proven anything as a HC yet. I wish it would work out for him because he was dealt a bad hand with Leach passing. But to me, him and his coordinators haven’t played to this teams strengths(at least offensively because we may have no strengths defensively). Just goes back to if you find someone better, get him, and then let him work.

KOdawg1
11-04-2023, 05:48 PM
Difference for me was Drinkwitz was a successful HC before he got to Mizzou.

Arnett was a career DC/LB coach.

I'm willing to give a leash to a guy who has shown he can do it. Arnett has not.

Coach34
11-04-2023, 05:59 PM
Asking a coach his plan does nothing and we know he's going full blown Juco. No legit portal help is coming to amateur hour.

NIL is why. Jucos are cheaper. Price of recruiting and portal keeps going up. Charlie is the most important recruiter we have and the difference in who we get

Cooterpoot
11-04-2023, 06:01 PM
Mizzou under Odom 2017-2019: 21-17
Mizzou under drinkwitz 2020-2022: 17-19

Again, what's that got to do with anything at State? That's a proven HC changing a down program.

Cooterpoot
11-04-2023, 06:03 PM
NIL is why. Jucos are cheaper. Price of recruiting and portal keeps going up. Charlie is the most important recruiter we have and the difference in who we get
And jucos won't change must next season. Most will play out of necessity and not because they're ready. We aren't getting portal players here. Not good ones anyway. Lame duck staff and a mass exodus with a tough schedule? Nope not happening. It's coaching change or nothing changes.

HancockCountyDog
11-04-2023, 06:12 PM
And jucos won't change must next season. Most will play out of necessity and not because they're ready. We aren't getting portal players here. Not good ones anyway. Lame duck staff and a mass exodus with a tough schedule? Nope not happening. It's coaching change or nothing changes.

There was a MS juco OL that committed to Miami this week, I think we were after him.

Cowbell
11-04-2023, 06:25 PM

Correct

Coach34
11-04-2023, 06:35 PM

players have no idea if a coach is a lame duck or not. That's just fanspeak

BuckyIsAB****
11-04-2023, 06:50 PM
I would consider Drinkwitz wife before I brought the Arnett yacht club back