PDA

View Full Version : Nickoe

WeWonItAll(Most)
12-04-2013, 05:11 PM
Does Nickoe Whitley go down in the same category of MSU history as Chad Girodo? Hated by many, due to his performance, for a large portion of his career but leaves as a hero/legend?

I say yes.

EngineerDawg
12-04-2013, 05:14 PM
I say its similar, but he played a more physical sport with a painful and debilitating injury. IMO I give Nickoe the edge if there is such a thing.

smootness
12-04-2013, 06:03 PM
They're not really similar. Girodo was just a bad pitcher who barely played for most of his career.

Whitley was a stud who was beloved for the first half of his career, then everyone knew his issues were due to injury.

Political Hack
12-04-2013, 06:05 PM
I would think more along the lines of Morgan. All-SEC safety becUse he made plays and appreciated by all at times and especially after he left, but had trouble in coverage at times that cost us.

Bully13
12-04-2013, 06:15 PM
Props to whitley . Didn't he get an undeserved penalty against Wallace? Didn't Wallace actually lower his shoulder and cause the collision? Didn't Wallace also run his mouth at whitley? If so, that last act is gold. We need a pic of that too.

Johnson85
12-04-2013, 06:46 PM
Does Nickoe Whitley go down in the same category of MSU history as Chad Girodo? Hated by many, due to his performance, for a large portion of his career but leaves as a hero/legend?

I say yes.

Did anybody really hate Whitley (not a baseball guy, so I don't even remember Girodo before this year)? It was frustrating as hell watching Whitley sometimes, especially the angles he took at times, but I think it was always pretty clear that he didn't fully recover his speed after his tear. Would have thought everybody still liked whitley because of his preinjury performance.

Apoplectic
12-04-2013, 07:05 PM
Did anybody really hate Whitley (not a baseball guy, so I don't even remember Girodo before this year)? It was frustrating as hell watching Whitley sometimes, especially the angles he took at times, but I think it was always pretty clear that he didn't fully recover his speed after his tear. Would have thought everybody still liked whitley because of his preinjury performance.

Whitley has always been a fav of mine. I was more pissed at coaching for playing him so much and putting him in bad situations.