PDA

View Full Version : How's Morale in Your Neck of the Woods?

Goldendawg
11-01-2023, 12:14 PM
I live in a very small town in NE MS adjacent to another small town. Our church has about 15 or so hardcore State families. During meet and greet and after the service we discuss all things MSU. Not a single person has any hope for our football program under CZA. After church, many go to the adjoining town's largest restaurant for Sunday lunch. I asked several State fans from the other town what they thought of the AU game. Several said they only watched a few minutes of it. One four year letterman in another sport at State said he didn't even turn the game on. Apathy is here. We have 8 season tickets and I have had trouble giving them away when family members couldn't make it. Never thought I would see us in Shira, Felker, Croom, JoMo type situation again. Our "leadership" must lead in a big way! This is bad.

R2Dawg
11-01-2023, 12:25 PM
Same here. I talk with many. I don't have any MSU friends that feel any other way. CZA has just tanked. I never expected it to be this bad. Going to find out what Selmon is made of soon. The egg bowl could be worst than 08 Croom.

confucius say
11-01-2023, 12:43 PM
I think our fans have gone way overboard.
Let it play out.

DownwardDawg
11-01-2023, 12:45 PM
I work offshore. Plenty of State fans out there. They are all numb to football right now. Not one of them thinks Arnett can turn it around. I mean zero confidence in him. Some of them look plumb pitiful. Lol

DesotoDog1967
11-01-2023, 12:47 PM
This season makes me stay from Facebook due to the harping you see there about the other school.

Wink&aPrayer
11-01-2023, 01:05 PM
I live in a very small town in NE MS adjacent to another small town. Our church has about 15 or so hardcore State families. During meet and greet and after the service we discuss all things MSU. Not a single person has any hope for our football program under CZA. After church, many go to the adjoining town's largest restaurant for Sunday lunch. I asked several State fans from the other town what they thought of the AU game. Several said they only watched a few minutes of it. One four year letterman in another sport at State said he didn't even turn the game on. Apathy is here. We have 8 season tickets and I have had trouble giving them away when family members couldn't make it. Never thought I would see us in Shira, Felker, Croom, JoMo type situation again. Our "leadership" must lead in a big way! This is bad.

Fickle I guess, just not happy with lack of everything coming from MSU

99jc
11-01-2023, 01:08 PM
Let it play out.

well you are the only person that feels that way. and you probably would have stayed volunteering on the Titanic

Goldendawg
11-01-2023, 01:17 PM
Let it play out.

Has been playing out and very hard to watch, win or lose.

confucius say
11-01-2023, 02:59 PM
well you are the only person that feels that way. and you probably would have stayed volunteering on the Titanic

No, I'm not. Several people agree with me.
I'm not saying he should keep his job mind you. Im simply saying you have to let the season play out. We are only 67% of the way through 1 season with a complete system change, a backup qb for half the season, and a team that has not a single player projected to be drafted in 2024.
4-4 and sloppiness at this juncture is not enough data to conclude anything, only to surmise. Need to see the last 4 games.

Ranchdawg
11-01-2023, 04:42 PM
Answer this question honestly. Have we shown significant improvement from game one till last weekend. Seriously improved.

A offense player on back to back weekends commit a blindside block then the last one he comes to the sideline and laughs about it. WTF Sure we are entitled to a mistake but to commit the same block on back to back weekends come on that?s just plain bad coaching.

EdwardDrayton
11-01-2023, 06:49 PM
Cloudy seasoned with gloom.

Mjoelner34
11-01-2023, 06:54 PM
I believe that me and one co-worker are the only 2 with season tickets but some other co-workers attend home games now and then and others watch on tv. This week I haven't found one that even watched the game this past Saturday.

Turfdawg67
11-01-2023, 08:51 PM
I live around no MSU fans so there's a lot of pity... when they realize we aren't OM, of course.

Leeshouldveflanked
11-02-2023, 04:47 AM
A lot of MSU fans are going to the Grove nowadays.

Maroonthirteen
11-02-2023, 06:03 AM
..... the whole vibe around State fans is depressing And we are 4-4. I know we've looked bad, not the point. State fans can't get out of their own way. Walk around depressed, speak gloom and doom and all things suck... then wonder why crowds suck and recruiting is down.

Bothrops
11-02-2023, 06:23 AM
Most of the MSU fans I know say they want Zach gone, but few offer any sensible ideas as to where to go from there. I get annoyed with some of it.

Dawgface
11-02-2023, 08:04 AM
Morale is not that low from what I have seen in my area. I'm around a lot of OM fans and they all have a big smile on their face. Especially when they see me.

KentuckyDawg13
11-02-2023, 08:27 AM
It's great! UofL is kicking ass...lol
Oh, MSU...only have one other guy in the neighborhood that went to State...we usually discuss MSU's status, not much to discuss these days.
Basketball season is almost here though.

Offshore Dawg
11-02-2023, 08:36 AM
Morale is good down here, but I live in Louisiana !!

Maroonthirteen
11-02-2023, 08:49 AM
After reading this yesterday, I was thinking why do I bother. But last night the tailgate text started, we will have our usual crew there. But there is a sentiment of if things go south, some are going back to the tailgate to watch Bama/LSU

gtowndawg
11-02-2023, 08:55 AM
I talk to about 5 State fans (as in they and their families go to games, etc.) regularly and they all want a new coach. I don't think that's a big surprise at this point.

sandjunky
11-02-2023, 01:34 PM
From my Auburn co-workers Monday
Man both our teams are bad but I didn?t realize your team was that bad

StarkVegasSteve
11-02-2023, 01:35 PM
A lot of MSU fans are going to the Grove nowadays.

Ahh the post 2014 fans. They cannot begin to fathom the shit we have seen.

Churchill
11-02-2023, 01:55 PM
..... the whole vibe around State fans is depressing And we are 4-4. I know we've looked bad, not the point. State fans can't get out of their own way. Walk around depressed, speak gloom and doom and all things suck... then wonder why crowds suck and recruiting is down.

Prolly because they've all seen at least 1 Arnett interview.

Coursesuper
11-02-2023, 04:17 PM
Week before last talking to an Ark buddy. ? Man that is two shitty football teams. We should have gone to Fayetteville and worn paper bags on our heads, I could have put hogs on mine and you can put dogs on yours? sadly I agreed.

SPMT
11-02-2023, 04:26 PM
Answer this question honestly. Have we shown significant improvement from game one till last weekend. Seriously improved.

A offense player on back to back weekends commit a blindside block then the last one he comes to the sideline and laughs about it. WTF Sure we are entitled to a mistake but to commit the same block on back to back weekends come on that?s just plain bad coaching.

No. The team has not looked good since the first quarter of the first game.

Anyone with two eyes can see it.

Without Rogers it?s complete disaster. And these idiots didn?t cater to his strengths.

Defense is like Sirmon level bad.