PDA

View Full Version : Note to SEC: Please replace the BVVA bowl with a bowl...

BogeyGolfer
12-04-2013, 02:55 PM
In New Orleans. New Orleans > Memphis, Atlanta, B-Ham and J'ville. It just makes sense...

FISHDAWG
12-04-2013, 02:57 PM
as in Sugar Bowl part 2 ?

Political Hack
12-04-2013, 02:59 PM
I would love to take over the New Orleans Bowl.

I'd like to see ten tie-in's with Tampa, Miami, Orlando, Jax, Atlanta, Nashville, New Orleans, Charlotte, Houston, & Dallas. I don't have any issues with Memphis though.

BogeyGolfer
12-04-2013, 02:59 PM
as in Sugar Bowl part 2 ?

No, As in New Orleans Bowl gets SEC tie in similar to Liberty and Compass.

bobcat91
12-04-2013, 03:40 PM
No, As in New Orleans Bowl gets SEC tie in similar to Liberty and Compass.

If my memmory serves me correctly, the BBVA and Indy Bowls are gone next year and replaced with the Heart of Texas Bowl in Dallas ( vs. Big 12 ) and the Belk Bowl in Charlotte ( vs. ACC ). Also the Liberty is upgraded to face a Big 12 opponent. I'm fine with thise changes. Even the lower tier SEC teams deserve better than Birmingham and Shreveport.

maroonmania
12-04-2013, 03:48 PM
Amazes me that they still hold a bowl game at the hellhole known as Legion Field. Birmingham is OK but the stadium hosting the bowl certainly isn't.

Todd4State
12-04-2013, 04:11 PM
Amazes me that they still hold a bowl game at the hellhole known as Legion Field. Birmingham is OK but the stadium hosting the bowl certainly isn't.

I agree. The Vet in Jackson is nicer.

Barking 13
12-04-2013, 04:30 PM
Hell, move it to Tuscaloosa****

messageboardsuperhero
12-04-2013, 04:31 PM
If my memmory serves me correctly, the BBVA and Indy Bowls are gone next year and replaced with the Heart of Texas Bowl in Dallas ( vs. Big 12 ) and the Belk Bowl in Charlotte ( vs. ACC ). Also the Liberty is upgraded to face a Big 12 opponent. I'm fine with thise changes. Even the lower tier SEC teams deserve better than Birmingham and Shreveport.

That's good for the Liberty Bowl- now that Memphis is no longer C-USA, there's really not much of a connection there anyway.

I'd MUCH rather play a lower tier Big 12 team than the C-USA champ. Playing in the Liberty now against a conference champion is always a tougher match-up than most other lower tier bowls, and it's really a lose-lose situation for any SEC team (ie., losing to a pretty good Marshall team would hurt us more than winning that game would help us.) A 6-6 Big 12 team is usually worse than the C-USA champ, but beating a Big 12 team is better for perception.