Coach34
10-31-2023, 09:10 PM
Arnett wins 6 and he will be the coach in 2024

Saturday is huge for our HC

Homedawg
10-31-2023, 09:15 PM

We aren't firing a 6-6 coach. Now getting there is the question. 5-7 and I'll hold my bets. But wouldn't shove them to the middle either way depending on how we look.

civildawg
10-31-2023, 09:16 PM
Then our money guys are dumbasses. 6 wins in a bad SEC is just terrible. Hope they like ole miss whipping our butts in the foreseeable future and in recruiting

civildawg
10-31-2023, 09:17 PM
We aren't firing a 6-6 coach. Now getting there is the question. 5-7 and I'll hold my bets. But wouldn't shove them to the middle either way depending on how we look.

Why do people keep saying we aren't firing a 6-6 coach when we just did it a few years ago and he beat ole miss?

BeardoMSU
10-31-2023, 09:17 PM
These the same money guys who told you we weren't hiring Mike Leach?

KOdawg1
10-31-2023, 09:20 PM
I just don't see how you can let 1 game make a difference.

Let's say we squeak one out this weekend, beat USM, but get skull drug by A&M and OM. Do you really feel more confident in Arnett than you would if he were 5-7? DWS is going to be ghost town next year either way.

Really Clark?
10-31-2023, 09:21 PM
Why do people keep saying we aren't firing a 6-6 coach when we just did it a few years ago and he beat ole miss?

Well we didn't fire him at the end of season though. We fired him after everything imploded during bowl practice, everything going on inside the program came to a head and our bowl loss to finish 6-7.

Coach34
10-31-2023, 09:21 PM
These the same money guys who told you we weren't hiring Mike Leach?

No. I never said the money guys told me we werent hiring Leach. I just didnt think we would be stupid enough to do it.

Coach34
10-31-2023, 09:22 PM

Because they saw JoMo's lack of accountability couldnt be covered up anymore once the LB broke the QB's jaw and the player's floor of the team hotel smelled like a Cheech and Chong party

Coach34
10-31-2023, 09:25 PM
Then our money guys are dumbasses. 6 wins in a bad SEC is just terrible. Hope they like ole miss whipping our butts in the foreseeable future and in recruiting

Mississippi has at least twice the NIL we do. They spent over 3 million on their last class/transfers. We are wayyyyyyy behind that

ZedFedder
10-31-2023, 09:29 PM
We need one super rich alumnus to donate 10 million to NIL and go change the game.

Really Clark?
10-31-2023, 09:30 PM
Let's look at it this way, I understand the thought of well just because he is 6-6 and have looked so bad this year shouldn't be grounds to keep him. But can anyone name a coach that has been fired in their first year going .500? I can't think of one. Caldwell is the only one recently I could think of being fired after 1 year in the SEC and he went 2-10. Johnson resigned that summer and he was promoted to HC. Outside of that, I've got nothing.

basedog
10-31-2023, 09:38 PM
Let's look at it this way, I understand the thought of well just because he is 6-6 and have looked so bad this year shouldn't be grounds to keep him. But can anyone name a coach that has been fired in their first year going .500? I can't think of one. Caldwell is the only one recently I could think of being fired after 1 year in the SEC and he went 2-10. Johnson resigned that summer and he was promoted to HC. Outside of that, I've got nothing.

Times have changed, it’s a lot to evaluate with this team and staff. If you look at how we played so far then it tells a whole lot. I haven’t seen one game we have played and thought, “we looked really good”.
We are not fundamentally coached.

Dawgface
10-31-2023, 09:43 PM

Even with a blowout loss to OM?

Irondawg
10-31-2023, 09:46 PM
I?ll ask it this way:

Is it because they feel he?s a solid head coach that will get better with some experience?

Or

They just don?t want the perception that MSU would fire a 6-6 coach even if he may not be the right guy?

Really Clark?
10-31-2023, 09:49 PM
Times have changed, it’s a lot to evaluate with this team and staff. If you look at how we played so far then it tells a whole lot. I haven’t seen one game we have played and thought, “we looked really good”.
We are not fundamentally coached.

Times have changed, I agree but in recent history what school fires a .500 coach in their first year. They don't and I'm not lobbying for keeping him but there is a realty that schools, any school really, doesn't fire a coach for being .500 his first year. Add to that he still would have a 7-6 career record. Maybe it's happened and I can't remember it. But Caldwell is the only one I could come with and he was 2-10.

Quaoarsking
10-31-2023, 09:54 PM
Arnett has lost the team and the fanbase. Even he lucks out and wins 6 or 7 games, it's time to move on.

For any entertainment product, whether that's sports, books, tv shows, etc., you have to keep the fans happy first and foremost or you're done.

Really Clark?
10-31-2023, 09:59 PM
Arnett has lost the team and the fanbase. Even he lucks out and wins 6 or 7 games, it's time to move on.

For any entertainment product, whether that's sports, books, tv shows, etc., you have to keep the fans happy first and foremost or you're done.

Well I have to disagree with the 7 wins. That means he hasn't lost the team and they upset either TAM or UM. There's not an AD in the country firing after going 7-5 with an 8-5 career record. He would have a 62% win percentage at that point in his short career.

MaroonFlounder
10-31-2023, 10:00 PM
Mississippi has at least twice the NIL we do. They spent over 3 million on their last class/transfers. We are wayyyyyyy behind that

We’re behind for sure, but not WAY behind.

One of the more recent donations was $1.3M.

Really Clark?
10-31-2023, 10:03 PM
I?ll ask it this way:

Is it because they feel he?s a solid head coach that will get better with some experience?

Or

They just don?t want the perception that MSU would fire a 6-6 coach even if he may not be the right guy?

Little bit of both but more the second option, you just fired a guy with a career winning percentage at what is a lower P5 job. You just shrunk your pool of coaches being interested on your own.

Dawgology
10-31-2023, 10:12 PM

We aren’t getting 6 wins and with our lack of success recruiting and in the portal even if they did keep him we are probably a 4 win team next year. The lack of foresight by our athletic program and boosters is disturbing. You all can probably find something else to do in fall for the next couple years with ZA at the helm.

Quaoarsking
10-31-2023, 10:16 PM
Well I have to disagree with the 7 wins. That means he hasn't lost the team and they upset either TAM or UM. There's not an AD in the country firing after going 7-5 with an 8-5 career record. He would have a 62% win percentage at that point in his short career.

Dan Mullen and Tom Herman were fired from Florida and Texas for much better 4-year stretches than any MSU coach has ever had. I hope one of those is coaching us in 2024.

Really Clark?
10-31-2023, 10:17 PM
Dan Mullen and Tom Herman were fired from Florida and Texas for much better 4-year stretches than any MSU coach has ever had. I hope one of those is coaching us in 2024.

Not in their first year they were not. There is not an AD in the country firing him for going 7-5 in his first year.

Churchill
10-31-2023, 10:41 PM
If he stays you can bet Sexton will bleed some more money, a new contract and larger buyout out of the geniuses we have making decisions.

Bubb Rubb
10-31-2023, 10:49 PM

I hate to disappoint you and coach, but he is gone regardless.

This is not conjecture. I'm not guessing.

DownwardDawg
10-31-2023, 10:53 PM
If he stays you can bet Sexton will bleed some more money, a new contract and larger buyout out of the geniuses we have making decisions.

I've been thinking about this as well. I kinda thought the minute he hired sexton, he sealed his fate.
We cant afford to have sexton negotiating a new Arnett contract next year.

preachermatt83
10-31-2023, 11:19 PM

Let's say we squeak one out this weekend, beat USM, but get skull drug by A&M and OM. Do you really feel more confident in Arnett than you would if he were 5-7? DWS is going to be ghost town next year either way.

We aren?t winning 6

parabrave
10-31-2023, 11:26 PM
It's not the W and Ls but just the demonar of the guy. He is so lost not only on the Sidelines but also at the PCs. Hell even Hadad brought this up in his cast this morning. Arnett is so clueless right now the ship that is MSU football is skipperless and is floundering bad.

Lord McBuckethead
10-31-2023, 11:28 PM

Nope. We haven?t looked good in a single game this season.

Todd4State
10-31-2023, 11:50 PM
We'll see how they feel after Thanksgiving.

There is already a lot of smoke swirling. We don't need every money guy on the same page to buy this guy out.

Lord McBuckethead
10-31-2023, 11:56 PM
Money guy? The department made this hire, the department can pay to unmake it.

Now, Arnett has a few games left to show us something. Like Beamer at USCe. End the season with some direction. Then we will see.

I love Arnett as a DC, and I do believe he is going to be something as a HC after he gets his feet wet, but man is he taking some lumps.

CaptainObvious
11-01-2023, 06:42 AM
Some guys aren?t head coach material. There are coordinators who are multi-millionaires, enjoy recruiting and can always find a job as a coordinator or in the NFL as a position coach.

RiverCityDawg
11-01-2023, 06:52 AM
Times have changed, I agree but in recent history what school fires a .500 coach in their first year. They don't and I'm not lobbying for keeping him but there is a realty that schools, any school really, doesn't fire a coach for being .500 his first year. Add to that he still would have a 7-6 career record. Maybe it's happened and I can't remember it. But Caldwell is the only one I could come with and he was 2-10.

I would counter with this... In recent history what program had their head coach actually die before the season was over, shortly before signing day with no AD in place to hire a new head coach?

This isn't a normal situation. Any prospective head coach smart enough that we should consider him will see that this wasn't a normal situation. The pitch is that Arnett was effectively just an interim. Obviously, because he wasn't otherwise qualified to be a SEC HC. He got a shot and we confirmed he wasn't up for the task so now with the ship settled we do an actual search for someone actually qualified.

Our pool of potential coaches will not be any smaller if we move on. Not a bit. Granted it's not as huge as some of our fans think to begin with, but that doesn't mean we should stay with someone clearly not up to the task.

Really Clark?
11-01-2023, 07:31 AM
I would counter with this... In recent history what program had their head coach actually die before the season was over, shortly before signing day with no AD in place to hire a new head coach?

This isn't a normal situation. Any prospective head coach smart enough that we should consider him will see that this wasn't a normal situation. The pitch is that Arnett was effectively just an interim. Obviously, because he wasn't otherwise qualified to be a SEC HC. He got a shot and we confirmed he wasn't up for the task so now with the ship settled we do an actual search for someone actually qualified.

Our pool of potential coaches will not be any smaller if we move on. Not a bit. Granted it's not as huge as some of our fans think to begin with, but that doesn't mean we should stay with someone clearly not up to the task.

I get that but at the end of the day a .500 record is still a .500 in his first season and a winning record for his short tenure. You could make the argument that taking over under those circumstances and for a legendary HC who did pass away right after the regular season, that is a harder job than under normal circumstances where coaches don't get fired after 1 year of .500 ball. Again, I'm not advocating he stays but at 7-6 (assuming he goes 2-2 over the last 4 games), that's a harder sell than you think. I see your point but we are in it and loving it daily. I disagree though that from an outsiders point of view, there will be a pool of coaches that we would be interested that would not be interested in taking a lower P5 job with that type of perceived expectations. We will see and where I sit, I don't think we get there anyway. Again, who has done that under normal circumstances much less more difficult circumstances? Caldwell is the only one I can think of somewhat recently and he went 2-10 at Vandy after taking over during the summer before the season started. That was a no brainer really with that type of record.

msstate7
11-01-2023, 07:35 AM
I think arnett could help his cause more by landing some 4-stars than by winning 6.

Homedawg
11-01-2023, 07:55 AM

So you are saying a decision has been made...... right.... if we ran the table he's fired??? Whatever dude. I know we won't be you're trying to make this absolute and it absolutely isn't.

Really Clark?
11-01-2023, 08:14 AM

Regardless? If he wins out he's gone regardless? Yeah that's not correct. He's not going to win out but you are only speculating with that type of absolute statement.

Bubb Rubb
11-01-2023, 08:21 AM
So you are saying a decision has been made...... right.... if we ran the table he's fired??? Whatever dude. I know we won't be you're trying to make this absolute and it absolutely isn't.

You can believe me now or you can believe me when it happens...makes no difference to me.

Coach is also wrong about how far behind we are to Ole Miss in NIL.

Other than that....carry on...y'all are doing great.

viverlibre
11-01-2023, 08:26 AM
get skull drug by A&M and OM.

I don't understand why so many are infatuated with OM and think they will "skull drag" us. They struggled mightily against Ark and the barn. They aren't near as good as most have crowned them. Their season comes down to TAMU, who has better wins than OM, and UGA. They get TAMU at home.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Egg Bowl is a one possession game deep in the 4th. Their one good win is against LSU in Oxford. Had we played the barn and USCe at home (instead of LSU and Bama), we'd likely won those games.

Really Clark?
11-01-2023, 08:27 AM
You can believe me now or you can believe me when it happens...makes no difference to me.

Coach is also wrong about how far behind we are to Ole Miss in NIL.

Other than that....carry on...y'all are doing great.

Well I hope we go 8-4 so I can see a coach fired for that record in his first year. You are betting he is only winning 5-6 games, it's a very safe bet that he won't win more than that and will be fired, but no one in our administration, president or involved boosters have made that type of statement, that he is gone regardless of the outcome of the season. At 7-5 or 8-4, they have not said he will be fired regardless of those records. That's just false.

defiantdog
11-01-2023, 08:34 AM
Well I hope we go 8-4 so I can see a coach fired for that record in his first year. You are betting he is only winning 5-6 games, it's a very safe bet that he won't win more than that and will be fired, but no one in our administration, president or involved boosters have made that type of statement, that he is gone regardless of the outcome of the season. At 7-5 or 8-4, they have not said he will be fired regardless of those records. That's just false.
This is a learning experience for Arnett though. One thing for sure, when big money calls you, answer the damn phone. Don't brush them off. That's the a good thing about Selmon, he answers. Even if he's not listening, he still responds.

Really Clark?
11-01-2023, 08:43 AM
This is a learning experience for Arnett though. One thing for sure, when big money calls you, answer the damn phone. Don't brush them off. That's the a good thing about Selmon, he answers. Even if he's not listening, he still responds.

Well I definitely agree with that! Absolutely!

CaptainObvious
11-01-2023, 09:05 AM
Maybe Arnett?s wife has spoken and NO Target means No Arnett?s!

Coach34
11-01-2023, 09:07 AM
Maybe Arnett?s wife has spoken and NO Target means No Arnett?s!

lol- they love it here. They even bought some land.

THE Bruce Dickinson
11-01-2023, 09:13 AM
Not in their first year they were not. There is not an AD in the country firing him for going 7-5 in his first year.

We aren't going 7-5. We are going 5-7 with a 40 point Egg Bowl Loss

Really Clark?
11-01-2023, 09:26 AM
We aren't going 7-5. We are going 5-7 with a 40 point Egg Bowl Loss

At no point did I say we were. But some have this idea that we will or should fire him no matter the record at the end of the year. That's not reality.

KB21
11-01-2023, 09:28 AM
The protect Arnett folks are out in full force right now. Particularly since another hot seat article has come out that mentions him.

99jc
11-01-2023, 09:31 AM
lol- they love it here. They even bought some land.

yeah, and VIC still has a house here. Stansbury owns Oktibbeha county lake. what is your point! i bet you have never admitted you were wrong ever in anything. You make good points from time to time but you are the most hard headed mfer i have ever not met!

TrapGame
11-01-2023, 09:41 AM
The protect Arnett folks are out in full force right now. Particularly since another hot seat article has come out that mentions him.

I don't know who C34's money guys are but I know a couple of people that travel in a big booster circle. Both have told me Arnett's seat is a raging inferno. No one is happy with his performance as head coach. They want a change period. Winning a couple of games by the skin of his teeth to get to 6-6 is not going to change the minds of this circle of big boosters. I think we have something similar to Moorhead where some boosters wanted to give him another year but other boosters really wanted him gone.

KB21
11-01-2023, 09:48 AM
I don't know who C34's money guys are but I know a couple of people that travel in a big booster circle. Both have told me Arnett's seat is a raging inferno. No one is happy with his performance as head coach. They want a change period. Winning a couple of games by the skin of his teeth to get to 6-6 is not going to change the minds of this circle of big boosters. I think we have something similar to Moorhead where some boosters wanted to give him another year but other boosters really wanted him gone.

One can only hope at this point. Zach Arnett should be fired regardless of how we finish.

Msujd164
11-01-2023, 09:53 AM
Sounds like our money guys are dumbasses. Thanks money guys for setting our football program back. Money guys, how about you be like the big boy money guys and get our NIL where it should be?

Homedawg
11-01-2023, 09:56 AM
yeah, and VIC still has a house here. Stansbury owns Oktibbeha county lake. what is your point! i bet you have never admitted you were wrong ever in anything. You make good points from time to time but you are the most hard headed mfer i have ever not met!

Stans does not own ok county lake. It's owned by the county. He has a long term lease on it. That's prior to them draining it. Not sure if they tore that up or not. Just fyi.

Homedawg
11-01-2023, 09:58 AM

Won't argue w any of this. But to say he's gone no matter, just isn't true. Just let the season play out. Then when can wait to see who is available that will actually take the job.

Really Clark?
11-01-2023, 10:03 AM

I would agree with that. It's hot as fire and several are ready to pull the trigger when the time comes. Just nobody is making stipulations that he is fired no matter what the final record is.

Santiago
11-01-2023, 10:11 AM
No. I never said the money guys told me we werent hiring Leach. I just didnt think we would be stupid enough to do it.

What did they say about the Joe Judge being hired then? They were fine with that, but "stupid" to go along with Leach hire?

Coursesuper
11-01-2023, 10:33 AM
I would agree with that. It's hot as fire and several are ready to pull the trigger when the time comes. Just nobody is making stipulations that he is fired no matter what the final record is.

This is what I know about our big booster bunch, they will never all pull the same direction, they all have their own agendas and reasons. Therefore, and to our detriment they will never be a united front with the programs best interest in mind. This is why some want this staff gone now, others are in wait and see mode and some want to keep this bunch.

Commercecomet24
11-01-2023, 10:35 AM
Won't argue w any of this. But to say he's gone no matter, just isn't true. Just let the season play out. Then when can wait to see who is available that will actually take the job.

Yeah, have to let the season play out. No one is getting fired right now. See what happens over the next 4 games. No doubt CZA seat is roasting but at this point we're just beating a dead horse.

KB21
11-01-2023, 10:38 AM
Yeah, have to let the season play out. No one is getting fired right now. See what happens over the next 4 games. No doubt CZA seat is roasting but at this point we're just beating a dead horse.

Why? Why do we need to see what happens over the next four games? Have you seen any indication that things will change drastically over the next 4 games? What is it that Zach Arnett does that can be considered good?

Offshore Dawg
11-01-2023, 10:47 AM
I really can't think of who on this staff could be intern coach.

lastmajordog
11-01-2023, 10:53 AM
Unless CZA COMPLETELY takes over the defense or Dart gets hurt, I just don’t see any way the DOGS win. I understand their injury situation is almost completely healed. I can only hope for the best.....that’s all I have. JMHO

Tbonewannabe
11-01-2023, 10:53 AM

So getting a mud hole stomped in our ass on Thanksgiving is ok as long as we squeak by a mediocre UK team at home?

I fully expect UM to at least hang 50 on us and we will be lucky to hit double digits.

Johnson85
11-01-2023, 10:55 AM

We fired him after he wasted a hugely talented team in year 1 and he still had basically survived going 6-6 until the wrong people saw just how bad he had let the culture get.

Arnette inherited a reasonably talented team, but figuring out how to move on from Mike Leach was going to be a challenge. Certainly the job he has done so far has been a fireable offense, but he's a first year head coach and if he gets to 6-6, that will show he has started to improve (b/c we aren't getting there the way we've looked lately).

The counterargument is that he has had control of the defense for several years and the defense has been bad, so he should have more accountability than a typical first year head coach.

Commercecomet24
11-01-2023, 10:56 AM
Why? Why do we need to see what happens over the next four games? Have you seen any indication that things will change drastically over the next 4 games? What is it that Zach Arnett does that can be considered good?

Because as i said we're not firing anyone during the season, not happening. And i've stated that I believe we go 1-3 in the last 4 games. But to continually post the same stuff over and over and over and keep saying "i told you so" is ridiculous and screams of someone seeking nothing but attention. Sorry, but no matter what you say we have 4 games left to play and CZA will be our coach for those 4 games. If it continues on the path its going we'll probably have a new coach after that.

PMDawg
11-01-2023, 11:00 AM

I don't believe for a second that you know "money guys". At best, you know ONE. However, I find it most likely that you know a guy, who knows a guy, who knows one money guy. So maybe this is one money guy's opinion. I don't think they have a weekly "money guy" meeting and vote on a stance they all stick to. Saying we're not firing a guy that goes 6-6 is a pretty easy guess based on our history. But it's still a guess. We beat Kentucky or A&M by a miracle, get our doors blown off by the other one, have an ugly win over USM, and get embarrassed by OM who is essentially guaranteed a NY6 bowl or better at this point....all bets are off. I don't care what ANYONE is saying right now.

TrapGame
11-01-2023, 11:00 AM
Arnett's future hinges greatly on the outcome of the Kentucky game. That's a winnable game. Vegas only has UK at -3. This is the best game - not including USM - to help us reach 6-6. If Arnett loses this game things are going to change fast.

NWADAWG
11-01-2023, 11:06 AM

6 wins in a bad SEC with a 9 win capable veteran team is just terrible - fify

Really Clark?
11-01-2023, 11:09 AM
I really can't think of who on this staff could be intern coach.

Tony Hughes

Tbonewannabe
11-01-2023, 11:12 AM
Arnett's future hinges greatly on the outcome of the Kentucky game. That's a winnable game. Vegas only has UK at -3. This is the best game - not including USM - to help us reach 6-6. If Arnett loses this game things are going to change fast.

I think it also depends on if we still look like we are coached by a high school coaching staff who just got here in August.

Oline completely on the wrong page, WRs running wrong routes and running into each other, and the fact that we haven't covered the middle of the field this year on the defense makes me think we have a coaching problem.

We are also recruiting at the bottom of the SEC no matter how our "rating" shows. We are also recruiting very poorly in MS which this staff was supposed to "lock down".

Also Arnett saying every week in some form that we are having a coaching issue. How many times does he have to say it before you believe him.

KB21
11-01-2023, 11:24 AM

It just blows me away that we have some idiot in administration or among the big money boosters who think 6-6 is so drastically different than 5-7 that they will keep him at 6-6 but fire him at 5-7. It's very clear that one of two things is happening. Someone is afraid of the perception that firing Arnett after one season will give the team, or someone has friends that now have positions on the staff and are afraid those friends will lose their positions if change is made. We know this is why C34 supports this staff. It's more important to be able to hobnob with the staff than actually be a good improving program.

Really Clark?
11-01-2023, 11:45 AM
It just blows me away that we have some idiot in administration or among the big money boosters who think 6-6 is so drastically different than 5-7 that they will keep him at 6-6 but fire him at 5-7. It's very clear that one of two things is happening. Someone is afraid of the perception that firing Arnett after one season will give the team, or someone has friends that now have positions on the staff and are afraid those friends will lose their positions if change is made. We know this is why C34 supports this staff. It's more important to be able to hobnob with the staff than actually be a good improving program.

Has nothing to do with most of that. List the coaches who have been fired at .500 in their first season. Heck list the ones from the NFL. Outside of an external scandal, and I can't even think of that happening either off the top of my head, first year coaches don't get fired for going .500. That's not an issue with our admin and / or boosters, that's the way they all operate. NFL as well.

R2Dawg
11-01-2023, 12:14 PM

Saturday is huge and I thought 6-6 would save him. But 6-6 and we get boat raced by OM and still look horrible doing 6-6 I'm not sure. We need some things to start trending to better for hope in next year.

DM went 5-7 his first year but we killed OM and looked good doing it with a new QB and the Relf coast offense. We lost nail biters to 3 ranked teams at home - should have won all 3. Got screwed by officiating in GT and Houston games and just LSU jinx the other. 5-7 DM first year looked great compared to how this team is looking.

We just can't return a guy not having a positive trajectory in this age of super conf, NIL, transfer, etc or we'll be buried. We get a free pass too with Leach and AD situation so we can't sit on this.

R2Dawg
11-01-2023, 12:18 PM

This is ZA must win game now like Pitman a few weeks ago. I don't see any chance to beat TAMU or OM.

Goldendawg
11-01-2023, 12:23 PM
Has nothing to do with most of that. List the coaches who have been fired at .500 in their first season. Heck list the ones from the NFL. Outside of an external scandal, and I can't even think of that happening either off the top of my head, first year coaches don't get fired for going .500. That's not an issue with our admin and / or boosters, that's the way they all operate. NFL as well.

The product on the field has been very hard to watch (Been to all home games & watched away games on TV). It is not cheap to be a MSU supporter and little fun at all this year to date. Seats in lower rows of Section 4 and no one is excited around us and the empty seats are growing each game.

Irondawg
11-01-2023, 12:24 PM
Agree - we have to look like we're hitting a stride and playing well to keep him. Even close losses where we look competent count. We've just displayed too many signs of a poorly coached team this year.

Cooterpoot
11-01-2023, 12:25 PM
Well, there's a "split" in the money boys, so there's that. And 6 wins is no better than 5 wins. Both probably gets you a bad bowl game that nobody is going to. And ticket sales next year will fall off the map. Goodluck! But we're losing out in SEC play more than likely anyway. I also think Selmon is done with the fans if he rides this one out after doing so with Lemonis. Bad look for a young AD looking to move up.

Really Clark?
11-01-2023, 12:28 PM
The product on the field has been very hard to watch (Been to all home games & watched away games on TV). It is not cheap to be a MSU supporter and little fun at all this year to date. Seats in lower rows of Section 4 and no one is excited around us and the empty seats are growing each game.

Don't disagree with any of that at all. Doesn't really have anything to do with what I posted though. .500 first year coaches don't get fired. I would love to review examples of it actually happening and the circumstances, if anyone has some. Apathy surrounded many of those schools / NFL teams also...they didn't do it for a reason.

Coursesuper
11-01-2023, 12:31 PM
Well, there's a "split" in the money boys, so there's that. And 6 wins is no better than 5 wins. Both probably gets you a bad bowl game that nobody is going to. And ticket sales next year will fall off the map. Goodluck! But we're losing out in SEC play more than likely anyway. I also think Selmon is done with the fans if he rides this one out after doing so with Lemonis. Bad look for a young AD looking to move up.

So predictably typical, they will always move in the direction of their own interest and not the interest of the program/university. We couldn't agree on the line up of a one car funeral.

Really Clark?
11-01-2023, 12:33 PM
So predictably typical, they will always move in the direction of their own interest and not the interest of the program/university. We couldn't agree on the line up of a one car funeral.

Lol. That's funny...one car funeral.

confucius say
11-01-2023, 12:38 PM

How many went 6-6 after having been an internal hire when the head coach died? I honestly dont know, but probably none.

confucius say
11-01-2023, 12:42 PM

The AD won't have a choice if enough of the right people say so. That's what happened with Joe. It wasn't the fight or the bowl game. It was the thousands of emails from fans to Cohen saying they were done and the right money people saying they were done as a result of the fight and the bowl game. Cohen had no choice.

Really Clark?
11-01-2023, 12:56 PM
How many went 6-6 after having been an internal hire when the head coach died? I honestly dont know, but probably none.

See I get that and it hasn't happened but the HC dying can't be factored in. At least not in a negative way to make teams pull the trigger faster. If anything that would give him more rope than normal. But In that vain of thought I expanded it to coaches who resigned suddenly and they hired internally, then just regular internal hires from a coach leaving normally. I can't find or think of any that it's happened with. In the NFL or college. I can't even think of external hires either.

KB21
11-01-2023, 01:04 PM
If you keep him at 6-6, you are just delaying the inevitable and wasting time. See Bryan Harsin. Finished 6-6 during the regular season in 2021. They wanted to fire him but didn't pull the trigger. Lost bowl game to go 6-7. Fired after 8 games in 2022.

Really Clark?
11-01-2023, 01:14 PM
If you keep him at 6-6, you are just delaying the inevitable and wasting time. See Bryan Harsin. Finished 6-6 during the regular season in 2021. They wanted to fire him but didn't pull the trigger. Lost bowl game to go 6-7. Fired after 8 games in 2022.

In his second season after he went 3-5. There wasn't enough boosters and admin pushing to fire him his first year. There was a segment that wanted Kirby gone his first year when he was 4-4 and lost to Vandy.

Goldendawg
11-01-2023, 01:14 PM
Arkansas is even worse than us & they fired their OC after their embarrassing loss to us the next day. He was in the first year of a 3 year contract worth $3 million I read. Accountability for the failure in progress. We don't have their $, but maybe we should make a statement that we too are serious about our "program" asap if we continue to be poorly prepared ( quotes from CZA repeatedly after AU loss), if things don't improve.

Bubb Rubb
11-01-2023, 01:19 PM

Well, you can hope in one hand...

The reality is this coach is lost. He's grasping for solutions that he cannot find. So straw man arguments about whether we go 7-5 or 8-4 are totally irrelevant to this discussion, because there are better odds of me winning the lottery. We aren't going 8-4. We aren't going 7-5. We might go 6-6, but that won't put the shit back in the horse. We've got about three wins (at least) where our performance was still problematic.

We are at levels of futility and ineptness that we haven't seen since year one of Croom. LT's not walking through that door anytime soon. Arnett's on borrowed time. Again, believe me now or believe me later.

Really Clark?
11-01-2023, 01:27 PM

The reality is this coach is lost. He's grasping for solutions that he cannot find. So straw man arguments about whether we go 7-5 or 8-4 are totally irrelevant to this discussion, because there are better odds of me winning the lottery. We aren't going 8-4. We aren't going 7-5. We might go 6-6, but that won't put the shit back in the horse. We've got about three wins (at least) where our performance was still problematic.

We are at levels of futility and ineptness that we haven't seen since year one of Croom. LT's not walking through that door anytime soon. Arnett's on borrowed time. Again, believe me now or believe me later.

I'm not discounting he's most likely fired at 5-7 or even the possibility of it happen at 6-6. There is fire under him. But you have absolute no information that they will fire him regardless of his final record. That's made up from a safe assumption that he won't get to 7 or 8 wins. I don't discount he won't make it, I don't think he will either. That is what you were trying to sell though, and it's false they will fire him no matter what his finally record. I'll bet you to the NIL we won't fire him at 7 or more wins.

C&DDAWG32
11-01-2023, 01:29 PM
In his second season after he went 3-5. There wasn't enough boosters and admin pushing to fire him his first year. There was a segment that wanted Kirby gone his first year when he was 4-4 and lost to Vandy.

That is a good point, and I know this is going to seem like moving the goal posts but, Kirby was also recruiting at a really high level. The only reason I bring that up is because there was at least something to look forward to that things were more than likely going to get better. Also, he finished 8-5 that year. I just don't see anything that says we are going to be better next year.

gtowndawg
11-01-2023, 01:34 PM

Even Brandon Walker said yesterday we will probably "restart" with a new coach next year. Everyone knows Arnett and staff is not the answer, just a matter of time.

As the saying goes, "What needs to be done eventually, should be done now."

KB21
11-01-2023, 01:37 PM
Even Brandon Walker said yesterday we will probably "restart" with a new coach next year. Everyone knows Arnett and staff is not the answer, just a matter of time.

Yep. Which is why it is foolish to let 1 game be the difference in whether you keep or fire him.

TrapGame
11-01-2023, 01:47 PM

Yesterday Hadad said "We're done." Cross asked if he thought there was a chance we'd go 6-6 and retain Arnett. Hadad reiterated "No, we're done."

confucius say
11-01-2023, 02:13 PM
See I get that and it hasn't happened but the HC dying can't be factored in. At least not in a negative way to make teams pull the trigger faster. If anything that would give him more rope than normal. But In that vain of thought I expanded it to coaches who resigned suddenly and they hired internally, then just regular internal hires from a coach leaving normally. I can't find or think of any that it's happened with. In the NFL or college. I can't even think of external hires either.

Oh I think it can be factored in, if you are forced by your fans to make a move. You sell it to candidates by saying our coach died, we paid this guy peanuts as essentially an interim, We didn't have an AD, We didn't even do a search, We just promoted from within for stability. You can look at the contract and tell we werent committing long term. Heck, We don't fire new coaches even when they have losing records in year 1, see Mullen and leach.

Easy sell if you want to go that route.

confucius say
11-01-2023, 02:17 PM
Yesterday Hadad said "We're done." Cross asked if he thought there was a chance we'd go 6-6 and retain Arnett. Hadad reiterated "No, we're done."

Well hadad and Faulk called for arnett job Monday. Both said "there is no path forward" with this staff.

Homedawg
11-01-2023, 02:17 PM
Yep. Which is why it is foolish to let 1 game be the difference in whether you keep or fire him.

I hope we win 2 more and keep him and don't have to listen to you anymore. Surely, since you are pulling your $ you will leave the board too. I've never seen one guy take up two boards with the same shit over and over and over again. Yet, you do.

SteelCurtain74
11-01-2023, 02:21 PM

Harsin fired Mike Bobo as OC after his first year which probably bought him his second year.

I disagree with the premise that a 6-6 record should be some sort of Mendoza line that automatically saves a coaches job. When you ask how many coaches were fired after their 1st year with a 6-6 record, you have to factor in the record the year before. Is a team going from 2-10 with the former coach to 6-6 with the new coach or are they going from 10-2 to 6-6. Huge difference.

Also factor in returning starters because that can dictate expectations for a current season. I was "reliably" informed on this board and elsewhere that with what we had coming back, our floor should be 8 wins. That apparently was either overestimating our talent or we have underacheived with the talent we have.

I see no improvement on either side of the ball and hear nothing from the coaching staff that instills confidence that it will improve any time soon.

parabrave
11-01-2023, 02:22 PM
Oh I think it can be factored in, if you are forced by your fans to make a move. You sell it to candidates by saying our coach died, we paid this guy peanuts as essentially an interim, We didn't have an AD, We didn't even do a search, We just promoted from within for stability. You can look at the contract and tell we werent committing long term. Heck, We don't fire new coaches even when they have losing records in year 1, see Mullen and leach.

Thats what I've been thinking ever since he was hired. Tell him we will give you the job for 1 year and go from there and pay you well for your troubles till we can do a proper coach search/

KB21
11-01-2023, 02:23 PM
I hope we win 2 more and keep him and don't have to listen to you anymore. Surely, since you are pulling your $ you will leave the board too. I've never seen one guy take up two boards with the same shit over and over and over again. Yet, you do.

See, I told you that you wanted to keep him.

Bubb Rubb
11-01-2023, 02:24 PM
I'm not discounting he's most likely fired at 5-7 or even the possibility of it happen at 6-6. There is fire under him. But you have absolute no information that they will fire him regardless of his final record. That's made up from a safe assumption that he won't get to 7 or 8 wins. I don't discount he won't make it, I don't think he will either. That is what you were trying to sell though, and it's false they will fire him no matter what his finally record. I'll bet you to the NIL we won't fire him at 7 or more wins.

Like I said, I'm not speculating here. You're free to believe me or not - I'm certainly good either way. Just sharing.

Homedawg
11-01-2023, 02:50 PM
See, I told you that you wanted to keep him.

If it mean you leave hell yeah I do. You want him fired now. What does that accomplish??? Nothing.

KB21
11-01-2023, 03:04 PM
If it mean you leave hell yeah I do. You want him fired now. What does that accomplish??? Nothing.

It gives us a jump start on talking to agents for prospective coaches. We do it now and can make a hire right after the Egg Bowl. Gives the new head coach enough time to get things squared away before signing day.

KB21
11-01-2023, 03:05 PM
Part of me wants to string him along while we are looking at other options since that is what he did to Mason Miller.

Homedawg
11-01-2023, 03:22 PM
It gives us a jump start on talking to agents for prospective coaches. We do it now and can make a hire right after the Egg Bowl. Gives the new head coach enough time to get things squared away before signing day.

If you think you have to fire a guy to talk to agents then you're a dumb ass.... firing him now solves zero. Let him show it last 4 games. If it's as you say, he'll be fired. You would still rather us lose than win. You aren't a fan.

Homedawg
11-01-2023, 03:24 PM
Part of me wants to string him along while we are looking at other options since that is what he did to Mason Miller.
Ah the beloved mason. I liked Mason. Didn't bother me they let him go though

Really Clark?
11-01-2023, 03:32 PM
Like I said, I'm not speculating here. You're free to believe me or not - I'm certainly good either way. Just sharing.

Got it. Won't put your money where you mouth is.

viverlibre
11-01-2023, 03:33 PM

I'd bet the "behind the scene's" talking is already in full force. One of our "representatives," but not a university employee, is likely at least talking to agents. Jimmy Sexton knows how this game is played, he's not going to sell us our for talking to him about another one of his clients.

Really Clark?
11-01-2023, 03:37 PM

I was talking about in history, there's no way to factor it in. Yeah you can sell that story but it can backfire too. So you are saying it was very difficult time and because he didn't met expectations in a very unusual and difficult transition, he was let go after going .500 in his first year. What happens if I don't met expectations in normal circumstances, much less difficult situations? It's a two edge sword. I see it and understand it but from the outside looking from potentially coaches...much different view.

confucius say
11-01-2023, 03:42 PM

You don't need to fire a coach to do that.

Really Clark?
11-01-2023, 03:44 PM
Harsin fired Mike Bobo as OC after his first year which probably bought him his second year.

I disagree with the premise that a 6-6 record should be some sort of Mendoza line that automatically saves a coaches job. When you ask how many coaches were fired after their 1st year with a 6-6 record, you have to factor in the record the year before. Is a team going from 2-10 with the former coach to 6-6 with the new coach or are they going from 10-2 to 6-6. Huge difference.

Also factor in returning starters because that can dictate expectations for a current season. I was "reliably" informed on this board and elsewhere that with what we had coming back, our floor should be 8 wins. That apparently was either overestimating our talent or we have underacheived with the talent we have.

I see no improvement on either side of the ball and hear nothing from the coaching staff that instills confidence that it will improve any time soon.

I'm not saying it's a Mendoza line but I'm challenging the reality in history of what's actually occurred and why. I understand all the different situations of why it doesn't happen, I agree with that. The problem is there are no situations why it does happen. There is a reason it doesn't happen in reality. Again, this is not a defense to keep him at all, but I'm trying to look at reality of what happens and why. In college and the NFL. It doesn't happen.

Really Clark?
11-01-2023, 03:45 PM

Agreed

KB21
11-01-2023, 03:48 PM
This will be me and a few others when the day come that the ax falls on Arnett's tenure at Mississippi State:
https://media.tenor.com/znZVoBuQLa0AAAAC/miami-dolphins-conga-line.gif

confucius say
11-01-2023, 03:52 PM
I was talking about in history, there's no way to factor it in. Yeah you can sell that story but it can backfire too. So you are saying it was very difficult time and because he didn't met expectations in a very unusual and difficult transition, he was let go after going .500 in his first year. What happens if I don't met expectations in normal circumstances, much less difficult situations? It's a two edge sword. I see it and understand it but from the outside looking from potentially coaches...much different view.

Yes. If you don't meet expectations, you get fired. Like any job.
But Mr. Candidate, we don't fire coaches for being 4-8/5-7 in year one, See Mullen and leach, and we didnt fire ZA for not meeting expectations in year 1. We fired ZA because he was always a stop gap. We didn't even do a coaching search when we hired him because we had no AD. And it became evident he wasn't the guy when he took a middle of the road team in offense and defense and we finished last in the league in one and almost last in the other.

Easy sell. But I hope we don't have to get there.

confucius say
11-01-2023, 03:55 PM
I'm not saying it's a Mendoza line but I'm challenging the reality in history of what's actually occurred and why. I understand all the different situations of why it doesn't happen, I agree with that. The problem is there are no situations why it does happen. There is a reason it doesn't happen in reality. Again, this is not a defense to keep him at all, but I'm trying to look at reality of what happens and why. In college and the NFL. It doesn't happen.

It's never had the chance to happen. There is no precedent for an internal promotion with no coaching search due to having no AD following the death of a legendary head coach that resulted in a team going from 8-4 to 5-7/6-6.
We get to set the precedent for that situation.

Homedawg
11-01-2023, 04:06 PM

He just wants us to lose and fire him. If we did it now it would be for sure. There is no logical reason to do it now. None.

Really Clark?
11-01-2023, 04:08 PM
It's never had the chance to happen. There is no precedent for an internal promotion with no coaching search due to having no AD following the death of a legendary head coach that resulted in a team going from 8-4 to 5-7/6-6.
We get to set the precedent for that situation.

Yeah I get that but there are examples similar enough of with sudden resignations of a sitting HC. But in any example it doesn't happen. Even in the NFL. Honestly this situation gives us more lead way in one way because of what happened but its also a negative that it was a difficult transition and yet you are pulling the trigger prematurely. You can sell it to some but not every candidate is going to buy it. Again, I'm not we should keep him at 6-6, I think that is very dependent on how it plays out. Im saying if you do, expect backlash and have 2 guys that you feel good about that will take the job before you do. You absolutely have to have something in place before you in this situation.

Really Clark?
11-01-2023, 04:09 PM
He just wants us to lose and fire him. If we did it now it would be for sure. There is no logical reason to do it now. None.

That's correct. He would fire him if he finishes 8-4.

Homedawg
11-01-2023, 04:13 PM
That's correct. He would fire him if he finishes 8-4.

And has said so....

Really Clark?
11-01-2023, 04:16 PM
Yes. If you don't meet expectations, you get fired. Like any job.
But Mr. Candidate, we don't fire coaches for being 4-8/5-7 in year one, See Mullen and leach, and we didnt fire ZA for not meeting expectations in year 1. We fired ZA because he was always a stop gap. We didn't even do a coaching search when we hired him because we had no AD. And it became evident he wasn't the guy when he took a middle of the road team in offense and defense and we finished last in the league in one and almost last in the other.

Easy sell. But I hope we don't have to get there.

No coach meets expectations every season. None. That's where you are having trouble. And no in the real world you don't lose your job, you and I know plenty of people who have not met all of the expectations and not fired and given opportunities to correct. Sometimes for a couple of years. People who lose their job in the real world for performance, is given time to correct. Those who get fired quickly have screwed up well well beyond the norm, not for just not meeting expectations in a single cycle.

Homedawg
11-01-2023, 04:18 PM
What's worse is whenever we get a new coach and it doesn't meet kb's approval, we are gonna have to listen to his shit again. And odds are, the hire won't meet his approval.

Really Clark?
11-01-2023, 04:20 PM
What's worse is whenever we get a new coach and it doesn't meet kb's approval, we are gonna have to listen to his shit again. And odds are, the hire won't meet his approval.

Please don't remind me, let me just get through this season as it is. My liver won't be able to take that during Christmas time. It's a time to be Jolly Damnit!!!

sandjunky
11-01-2023, 04:21 PM

Same can be said for other posters as well

Commercecomet24
11-01-2023, 04:22 PM

Exactly.

Dawgface
11-01-2023, 04:27 PM

No doubt about that.

Really Clark?
11-01-2023, 04:28 PM

Agreed

CaptainObvious
11-01-2023, 04:36 PM
In for letting the guy go, but if he goes 4-0 from this point, he would be SEC Coach of the Year!

Really Clark?
11-01-2023, 04:42 PM
I just realized another poster the other day mentioned he had never seen KB and Black Sails in the same room together. I don't think BS has been back on board since he got busted making up and denying his own post a couple 3 days ago. Now here's KB back...hmmm

parabrave
11-01-2023, 05:17 PM
I just realized another poster the other day mentioned he had never seen KB and Black Sails in the same room together. I don't think BS has been back on board since he got busted making up and denying his own post a couple 3 days ago. Now here's KB back...hmmm

Hell come to think of it Where has Whiskey Pirate been all year.

parabrave
11-01-2023, 05:18 PM

Hey Clark Clear your PMs.

Really Clark?
11-01-2023, 05:19 PM
Hell xome to think of it Where has Whiskey Pirate been all year.

Well, I had forgot him too. Good question. How many alters are there?***

Really Clark?
11-01-2023, 05:21 PM
Hey Clark Clear your PMs.

Done

BuckyIsAB****
11-01-2023, 05:28 PM

Bang bang

Santiago
11-01-2023, 05:31 PM
Ah the beloved mason. I liked Mason. Didn't bother me they let him go though

Was there some stringing along though? Seems like that was what KB was saying. I don't know and honestly asking for all to chime in.

Homedawg
11-01-2023, 05:35 PM
Was there some stringing along though? Seems like that was what KB was saying. I don't know and honestly asking for all to chime in.

Mason was she only guy in staff who had a shot to stay. He was never told he had a spot. Although the wasn't let go when the others were. If that's stringing him along, then yeah, I guess so.

Homedawg
11-01-2023, 05:39 PM

It's weird w kb though, mele, Brock, and Mac bath were all CML guys that he kept. He got rid of Phelps a defensive leach guy but kb doesn't care about that one. Maybe, just maybe CZA got rid of the guys he thought weren't up to snuff and kept the ones that he thought were. Just weird he only cares about the offesnsive CML guys and not the rest. ��*♂️

Really Clark?
11-01-2023, 05:53 PM
Hell come to think of it Where has Whiskey Pirate been all year.

I had to look, he hasn't posted since Jan. That's not strange or nothing.

SailingDawg
11-01-2023, 06:01 PM

Look at how many of their lawyer graduates have been busted for bribery (Mississippi is famous for it) while retaining the millions they got from it. They?ll always be the big money.

confucius say
11-01-2023, 06:09 PM
I had to look, he hasn't posted since Jan. That's not strange or nothing.

Mmmmmmmm

EdwardDrayton
11-01-2023, 06:42 PM
Even with a blowout loss to OM?

The answer is resoundingly NO. 6-6 with a blowout to OM and he's history.

Turfdawg67
11-01-2023, 07:00 PM
I don't understand why so many are infatuated with OM and think they will "skull drag" us. They struggled mightily against Ark and the barn. They aren't near as good as most have crowned them. Their season comes down to TAMU, who has better wins than OM, and UGA. They get TAMU at home.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Egg Bowl is a one possession game deep in the 4th. Their one good win is against LSU in Oxford. Had we played the barn and USCe at home (instead of LSU and Bama), we'd likely won those games.

Dang I hope you're right! I'm feeling a 45-17 drubbing, or worse if we are 5-6 with two blowout losses to UK and TAM. I'm watching it at my in-laws house... same place I was at when Eli put the final nail in Croom's coffin.

ETA: Of course that's the same locale I saw the first Dak Egg Bowl and the Piss/Kick game too, so you never know I guess.

Turfdawg67
11-01-2023, 07:04 PM
Mmmmmmmm

You hungry? I think you meant Hmmmmmm. ***

Commercecomet24
11-01-2023, 08:00 PM

I?ve wondered that myself!

Commercecomet24
11-01-2023, 08:06 PM
Well, I had forgot him too. Good question. How many alters are there?***

Yeah ol wp. The man who thought the Phillies would sweep the Astros in the World Series last year! Also caught making stuff up that wasn?t true about Arnett.

Commercecomet24
11-01-2023, 08:08 PM
In for letting the guy go, but if he goes 4-0 from this point, he would be SEC Coach of the Year!

At least someone gets it! Of course the odds of 4-0 probably are so high they don?t exist lol!

ArrowDawg
11-01-2023, 08:12 PM

If that's even remotely true, this football program will be completely dead and irrelevant inside of 5 years. Box it up. Shut it down. Cheer for Ole Miss.

maroonmania
11-01-2023, 08:39 PM
Means he has to find a way to win ONE of KY, TX A&M and OM. Pretty low bar for what was supposed to be an 'upcycle' year for us. Even if we go 6-6 this year does anyone have any confidence that we will even be that good in 2024? I mean next year is going to be almost a complete rebuild.

Turfdawg67
11-01-2023, 08:46 PM
Means he has to find a way to win ONE of KY, TX A&M and OM. Pretty low bar for what was supposed to be an 'upcycle' year for us. Even if we go 6-6 this year does anyone have any confidence that we will even be that good in 2024? I mean next year is going to be almost a complete rebuild.

Complete rebuild... and we suck at this portal thing and our neighbors up north have "allegedly" 3X our NIL, which might be 4 or 5X by next year, depending on how the year plays out. If they get to 10 wins and we win 5... oh boy. So a quick turnaround with the current staff is a pipe dream... sorry, is fools gold.

Cooterpoot
11-01-2023, 08:54 PM
Complete rebuild... and we suck at this portal thing and our neighbors up north have "allegedly" 3X our NIL, which might be 4 or 5X by next year, depending on how the year plays out. If they get to 10 wins ank we win 5... oh boy. So a quick turnaround with the current staff is a pipe dream... sorry, is fools gold.

They don't have 3x our NIL

Turfdawg67
11-01-2023, 08:58 PM

Look up "allegedly"... that's what ppl are saying tonight. Prob just another excuse from the cigar boys' bitches.

maroonmania
11-01-2023, 09:00 PM

All I know is they must have something to get a guy like Spencer Sanders to come in and sit on the bench for his entire last year of college. Heck, that guy could have been a starting QB at a significant number of P5 schools. I mean he could have just stayed at OK State and remained their starting QB. Craziest situation I've ever seen. I mean OM must have money to burn if they could pay that dude enough to get him for what amounts to a very expensive insurance policy if Dart gets hurt.

DownwardDawg
11-01-2023, 09:05 PM
If that's even remotely true, this football program will be completely dead and irrelevant inside of 5 years. Box it up. Shut it down. Cheer for Ole Miss.

Another reason I'm glad I live in Tennessee now! I could just throw on my hunting vest and Bam! Go Vols! Haha

Bubb Rubb
11-01-2023, 09:13 PM
Got it. Won't put your money where you mouth is.

What are you proposing? You haven't asked me to bet.

You want to put a G on it? 10Gs? Ban bet? Whatever. I'm just telling you what's going down.

Really Clark?
11-01-2023, 09:24 PM
What are you proposing? You haven't asked me to bet.

You want to put a G on it? 10Gs? Ban bet? Whatever. I'm just telling you what's going down.

I did, it was the last sentence, you may have missed it. I stated:

"I'll bet you to the NIL we won't fire him at 7 or more wins."

Offshore Dawg
11-02-2023, 08:39 AM
A lot of shit being thrown at the wall to see what sticks around here.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
11-02-2023, 10:05 AM
We aren't firing a 6-6 coach.

You want bet?

basedog
11-02-2023, 10:23 AM
You want bet?

I'm pretty certain you are correct, it's what we look like and how bad we may look getting best. Even if Arnett makes another year surely, he knows he has to make some major changes moving forward. The worst thing that can happen to a Coach is being told he has to get rid of certain coaches.

KB21
11-02-2023, 10:40 AM
I'm pretty certain you are correct, it's what we look like and how bad we may look getting best. Even if Arnett makes another year surely, he knows he has to make some major changes moving forward. The worst thing that can happen to a Coach is being told he has to get rid of certain coaches.

Imagine Arnett trying to find a new offensive coordinator, defensive coordinator, OL coach and maybe a few other positions when the inevitability of him getting fired is there even if they foolishly give him another season.

TrapGame
11-02-2023, 11:00 AM
Imagine Arnett trying to find a new offensive coordinator, defensive coordinator, OL coach and maybe a few other positions when the inevitability of him getting fired is there even if they foolishly give him another season.

We are going to be worse next year. If he's not fired this year he will be next year. Rip off the band aid this year and do it. Hire a good coach to replace him and let him build his team.

Keeping Arnett another year is ridiculous. On top of that we are going to miss out on some good coaches that we could probably hire. And I expect the transfers on this team if we keep Arnett will look like the people jumping off the Titanic as it plunged into the water.

KB21
11-02-2023, 11:02 AM
We are going to be worse next year. If he's not fired this year he will be next year. Rip off the band aid this year and do it. Hire a good coach to replace him and let him build his team.

Keeping Arnett another year is ridiculous. On top of that we are going to miss out on some good coaches that we could probably hire. And I expect the transfers on this team if we keep Arnett will look like the people jumping off the Titanic as it plunged into the water.

Agree. This is why I say they should just go ahead and do it after the game this weekend. Go ahead and fire him. Don't let this linger. Get a head start and have a guy ready to be announced the day after the Egg Bowl.

Homedawg
11-02-2023, 11:31 AM
Agree. This is why I say they should just go ahead and do it after the game this weekend. Go ahead and fire him. Don't let this linger. Get a head start and have a guy ready to be announced the day after the Egg Bowl.
Which again, only gets you talking to the agents. You aren't going to be able to talk to the coaches themselves until the seasons are over. Accomplishes nothing by firing him now.

KB21
11-02-2023, 11:42 AM
Which again, only gets you talking to the agents. You aren't going to be able to talk to the coaches themselves until the seasons are over. Accomplishes nothing by firing him now.

That's all you have to do is talk to the agents. Florida announced Dan Mullen being hired 3 days after the Egg Bowl in 2017.

Bubb Rubb
11-02-2023, 11:46 AM
I did, it was the last sentence, you may have missed it. I stated:

"I'll bet you to the NIL we won't fire him at 7 or more wins."

I'll take that bet. A G to the Bulldog Initiative. You down?

Really Clark?
11-02-2023, 11:49 AM
I'll take that bet. A G to the Bulldog Initiative. You down?

I'm down. Deal.

basedog
11-02-2023, 12:14 PM

I agree, the agent talk has already started, it's always better to be safe than sorry. Doesn't cost or hurt anything also.

Commercecomet24
11-02-2023, 12:18 PM
I'm down. Deal.

I'll hold the money, make it cash in small bills please, lol!

Homedawg
11-02-2023, 12:19 PM
That's all you have to do is talk to the agents. Florida announced Dan Mullen being hired 3 days after the Egg Bowl in 2017.

And you can do that wo firing his ass. And florida didn't hire him til after they actually spoke.

Really Clark?
11-02-2023, 12:21 PM
I'll hold the money, make it cash in small bills please, lol!

Lol. I'd trust you...probably.

Commercecomet24
11-02-2023, 12:21 PM
Lol. I'd trust you...probably.

LOL, Thanks!

Bubb Rubb
11-02-2023, 12:27 PM
I'm down. Deal.

https://media3.giphy.com/media/3ohzdEM30dysPGuHFm/giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952rtrvmm1mpx6s3utpbr35wrkg28f1 6gnobpl6orq1&ep=v1_internal_gif_by_id&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

Really Clark?
11-02-2023, 12:43 PM
https://media3.giphy.com/media/3ohzdEM30dysPGuHFm/giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952rtrvmm1mpx6s3utpbr35wrkg28f1 6gnobpl6orq1&ep=v1_internal_gif_by_id&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

https://media.tenor.com/mU5qAmd6WVoAAAAC/done-deal-baby-kevin-hart.gif

Commercecomet24
11-02-2023, 12:51 PM
Bubb and Clark need to bro hug now, lol!

Really Clark?
11-02-2023, 12:55 PM

https://media0.giphy.com/media/cYBw0hoe3VgHK/giphy.gif

Commercecomet24
11-02-2023, 01:11 PM
https://media0.giphy.com/media/cYBw0hoe3VgHK/giphy.gif

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Really Clark? again. and to Bubb too!

Bubb Rubb
11-02-2023, 02:29 PM

Nothing but love from here.

msudawglb
11-02-2023, 02:39 PM
Nothing but love from here.

All this testosterone being thrown around with betting is all fun and all, but there's not a chance in hell this team will win 7 or more games. There's a greater chance we don't score 10 against Kentucky.

KB21
11-02-2023, 02:41 PM
And you can do that wo firing his ass. And florida didn't hire him til after they actually spoke.

Florida also didn't wait to fire McElwain. They fired him and made Randy Shannon the interim.

TrapGame
11-02-2023, 02:51 PM

Let's not forget Dan was originally going to Tennessee before Florida stepped in. Dan and Tennessee had been playing footsie for a couple of weeks.

Really Clark?
11-02-2023, 02:54 PM
Florida also didn't wait to fire McElwain. They fired him and made Randy Shannon the interim.

In his 3rd season, with a 3-4 record but there were several controversies and conflicts with him and the administration. The made up story about death threats that the admin had to cover for but met a length about to try and determine if that would give them cause for termination. The naked shark photo...lol

Really Clark?
11-02-2023, 02:55 PM
Let's not forget Dan was originally going to Tennessee before Florida stepped in. Dan and Tennessee had been playing footsie for a couple of weeks.

That's true. They had fired Jones to "get ahead of other schools" for it to not matter because the guy they was going to hire went to Florida instead. They ended up with Pruitt.

Maverick91
11-02-2023, 03:42 PM

Footsie - the mental picture of that happening is just. Lol

I never want Dan back

Homedawg
11-02-2023, 04:19 PM

And they hired a guy they didn't have to interview..... they just had to get in the same page. We have to interview our candidates.

lastmajordog
11-03-2023, 10:03 PM
Footsie - the mental picture of that happening is just. Lol

I never want Dan back

Was he wearing shorts..........???

Maverick91
11-03-2023, 11:57 PM
Was he wearing shorts..........???

Bermuda…

Todd4State
11-04-2023, 12:17 AM
In his 3rd season, with a 3-4 record but there were several controversies and conflicts with him and the administration. The made up story about death threats that the admin had to cover for but met a length about to try and determine if that would give them cause for termination. The naked shark photo...lol

If I remember correctly they also thought they had Chip Kelly in the bag.

Really Clark?
11-04-2023, 06:18 AM
If I remember correctly they also thought they had Chip Kelly in the bag.

That's true or at least they thought they were a front runner for Kelly