PDA

View Full Version : Bright spot for Kentucky game

Maverick91
10-31-2023, 10:12 AM
We get to see the throwback uniforms that we all want brought back. Will be sad to see them lose though.

DownwardDawg
10-31-2023, 10:38 AM
We get to see the throwback uniforms that we all want brought back. Will be sad to see them lose though.

Yeah. I thought about that last night. We gonna look sharp for a minute. Then we'll have terrible memories of those uniforms after we get embarrassed by Kentucky.
Oh well, I'm still looking forward to seeing them.

Maverick91
10-31-2023, 10:41 AM
Yeah. I thought about that last night. We gonna look sharp for a minute. Then we'll have terrible memories of those uniforms after we get embarrassed by Kentucky.
Oh well, I'm still looking forward to seeing them.

Same same! I really want to win but if all the smoke about Arnett is true that he doesn’t have control of the program I never wish for us to lose but whatever needs to happen for us to get an ACTUAL captain that will control the ship I’m down for if.

Commercecomet24
10-31-2023, 10:56 AM
Throwback unis and JWS and the '98 team will be there. That part should be fun!

TrapGame
10-31-2023, 10:57 AM
Too bad we don't have a throwback coach to go with the throwback unis.

Commercecomet24
10-31-2023, 10:59 AM
Too bad we don't have a throwback coach to go with the throwback unis.

Maybe JWS will hang around on sideline for the game, give him a headset and let him help!

sandjunky
10-31-2023, 11:20 AM
Non of the players were probably born yet in 1998 - Arnett was 12

R2Dawg
10-31-2023, 11:38 AM
Throwback unis and JWS and the '98 team will be there. That part should be fun!

96-2000 some of best years ever of Bulldog football. Nobody wanted MSU back then. Maybe Jackie can play HC for a game? He owned UK.

Commercecomet24
10-31-2023, 11:46 AM
96-2000 some of best years ever of Bulldog football. Nobody wanted MSU back then. Maybe Jackie can play HC for a game? He owned UK.

It Sure was and I've always been pissed off about the way it ended for Jackie with what that bunch up north did to him! It shouldve ended better for him with Jackie riding off into the sunset at some point. Love him and Peggy, their just really down to earth folks. I'll always hate om for what they did to a great man and his family. JWS, honorary HC for the game, I'll take it!

Maverick91
10-31-2023, 11:53 AM
It Sure was and I've always been pissed off about the way it ended for Jackie with what that bunch up north did to him! It shouldve ended better for him with Jackie riding off into the sunset at some point. Love him and Peggy, their just really down to earth folks. I'll always hate om for what they did to a great man and his family. JWS, honorary HC for the game, I'll take it!

To young to know what happened. Cliff notes would be appreciated. I always just thought he went juco heavy and gave the team over to the players and lost control.

R2Dawg
10-31-2023, 11:58 AM

Dang straight. Jackie deserved to go out a winner and in style. I was finishing school his first season. Jackie put the Dawg back in MSU football in game one and built a winning program. I'd put Jackie in the ring of honor before long.

Commercecomet24
10-31-2023, 12:00 PM
To young to know what happened. Cliff notes would be appreciated. I always just thought he went juco heavy and gave the team over to the players and lost control.

om knew JWS was building a great program and they couldn't stand for that. So they called in the ncaa, big om boosters wife slept with ncaa investigator. They dragged the investigation out for years and hung over us and of course om and everyone else used that against us and really destroyed our recruiting. The juco guys were about the only ones we could get. JWS hired a PI and got the dirt on the ncaa guy and his lady fried and he had to resign and JWS sued the ncaa and as for as i know the lawsuit is still ongoing. In the end JWS was cleared of just about everything other than some minor stuff but the damage was done and Jackie was done. Thats the short version.

Commercecomet24
10-31-2023, 12:02 PM
Dang straight. Jackie deserved to go out a winner and in style. I was finishing school his first season. Jackie put the Dawg back in MSU football in game one and built a winning program. I'd put Jackie in the ring of honor before long.

He definitely needs to be in the ring of honor and we need to do it before he gets any older, he's earned it and deserves it! Jackie was the first HC i remember who really showed us we could win and he thumbed his nose at the blue bloods and punched them in the mouth. He's a MSU legend in my mind. JMO

R2Dawg
10-31-2023, 12:06 PM

I'll let Commerce tell about the OM stuff. But 01 started the skid. We returned almost everyone from the 2000 team that should have won the SEC. Media days I think picked us to win the SECW in 01.

911 happened and mucked up the start of the year. MSU USC in Starkville on Thursday night was first sporting event in the nation after 911. I was there, awesome atmosphere until we lost the game late. The season spiraled from there. We were still the most talented 5-7 team in the nation but it didn't matter.

02 didn't right the ship and coaching changes were required before 03. Horrible hires across the board did Jackie in. I think recruiting suffered also in that stretch and the last crop of JUCOs did not produce. All that combined led to the horrible 03 season. Jackie did have a very good class coming in though, and I think he could have righted the ship but the fanbase was used to winning (even more so than in Mullen years).

Jackie also dealt with his brother and wife being very sick thru those years. Lost his brother and wife dealt with cancer. Very easy to see how the program may have slipped a little. JUCOs back then is one way Jackie made MSU a powerhouse. That one bad year though got blamed for everything. Then there was the off field OM stuff.

Jackie is an MSU legend. Can't wait to see the 98 team Sat. Jackie had some dudes on those teams - OL, DL, DE, RB. They would beat us now like a red headed step child.

HancockCountyDog
10-31-2023, 12:07 PM
Y'all really don't think we can win? First night game in about a month? I expect a solid crowd and I think we win.

msstate7
10-31-2023, 12:09 PM
Y'all really don't think we can win? First night game in about a month? I expect a solid crowd and I think we win.
Seat geek prices are really low. Youth season deer hunting

Really Clark?
10-31-2023, 12:10 PM
om knew JWS was building a great program and they couldn't stand for that. So they called in the ncaa, big om boosters wife slept with ncaa investigator. They dragged the investigation out for years and hung over us and of course om and everyone else used that against us and really destroyed our recruiting. The juco guys were about the only ones we could get. JWS hired a PI and got the dirt on the ncaa guy and his lady fried and he had to resign and JWS sued the ncaa and as for as i know the lawsuit is still ongoing. In the end JWS was cleared of just about everything other than some minor stuff but the damage was done and Jackie was done. Thats the short version.

Very accurate. The NCAA finally settled the lawsuit with Jackie in 2019.

Commercecomet24
10-31-2023, 12:11 PM

Man I'm always pulling for us to win.

Commercecomet24
10-31-2023, 12:13 PM

Good I hope Jackie got a very good settlement, he deserved it! I quit keeping track of the lawsuit because it dragged out for so long. There used to be a website chronicling the progress of it and I'd check it ever so often but gave up, lol. King Jackie!

R2Dawg
10-31-2023, 12:13 PM

We can win but we need the D Ark effort and USC off effort minus the TOs. I think Jackie needs to give the pregame speech and give some bull stories to the team (remember Texas). This team needs a plug from a past legend just for this game.

Commercecomet24
10-31-2023, 12:14 PM

Wasn't the ncaa investigators name like Johanigmeir or something along those lines?

R2Dawg
10-31-2023, 12:15 PM
BTW it was Jackie that gave MSU the only SECW championship that we still hang over OM head and they still hate him for it. He stuck them in Oxford to get it too 28-6.

Ranchdawg
10-31-2023, 12:15 PM
JWS lawsuit vs the NCAA was settled a couple years ago. The judge sealed the results of the lawsuit and ordered all parties to the suit not to reveal the settlement. I?m sure that was one of the sticking points of settling the suit. The NCAA I?m sure didn?t want any info about the settlement coming to the public in fear of possible future lawsuits and reveal exactly how corrupt they are were. Chicken s%&#.

Yes JWS was a heck of good coach and good person.

Really Clark?
10-31-2023, 12:17 PM
Wasn't the ncaa investigators name like Johanigmeir or something along those lines?

That's correct!

Commercecomet24
10-31-2023, 12:17 PM
JWS lawsuit vs the NCAA was settled a couple years ago. The judge sealed the results of the lawsuit and ordered all parties to the suit not to reveal the settlement. I?m sure that was one of the sticking points of settling the suit. The NCAA I?m sure didn?t want any info about the settlement coming to the public in fear of possible future lawsuits and reveal exactly how corrupt they are were. Chicken s%&#.

Yes JWS was a heck of good coach and good person.

I hate the NCAA too, almost as much as Ron Polk does, lol. They are terribly corrupt and always have been. Jackie and Peggy are salt of the earth people.

parabrave
10-31-2023, 12:35 PM
It was going great till we blew the SC game. It went downhill after that.

parabrave
10-31-2023, 12:37 PM
That's correct!

Yep and he was sleeping with the wife of an OM booster. Dan wasn't she a big poster on the spirit?

Really Clark?
10-31-2023, 12:38 PM
Yep and he was sleeping with the wife of an OM booster. Dan wasn't she a big poster on the spirit?

That's true as well! Good memory

Commercecomet24
10-31-2023, 12:47 PM

Yes she was and I think she went by xenareb or something like that

Really Clark?
10-31-2023, 12:49 PM

That's her! She was a piece of work on the site as well.

Maverick91
10-31-2023, 12:52 PM

That makes me hate pissville even more. I hate cheaters, I love competition you beat me fair and square, fine but if you cheat to do it their is no honor in that and takes the fun out of the game.

Maverick91
10-31-2023, 12:55 PM
I'll let Commerce tell about the OM stuff. But 01 started the skid. We returned almost everyone from the 2000 team that should have won the SEC. Media days I think picked us to win the SECW in 01.

911 happened and mucked up the start of the year. MSU USC in Starkville on Thursday night was first sporting event in the nation after 911. I was there, awesome atmosphere until we lost the game late. The season spiraled from there. We were still the most talented 5-7 team in the nation but it didn't matter.

02 didn't right the ship and coaching changes were required before 03. Horrible hires across the board did Jackie in. I think recruiting suffered also in that stretch and the last crop of JUCOs did not produce. All that combined led to the horrible 03 season. Jackie did have a very good class coming in though, and I think he could have righted the ship but the fanbase was used to winning (even more so than in Mullen years).

Jackie also dealt with his brother and wife being very sick thru those years. Lost his brother and wife dealt with cancer. Very easy to see how the program may have slipped a little. JUCOs back then is one way Jackie made MSU a powerhouse. That one bad year though got blamed for everything. Then there was the off field OM stuff.

Jackie is an MSU legend. Can't wait to see the 98 team Sat. Jackie had some dudes on those teams - OL, DL, DE, RB. They would beat us now like a red headed step child.

Thanks for info. I couldn?t agree more.

Commercecomet24
10-31-2023, 01:17 PM
That makes me hate pissville even more. I hate cheaters, I love competition you beat me fair and square, fine but if you cheat to do it their is no honor in that and takes the fun out of the game.

I've never liked them, but what they did in destroying a good man, just moved the needle even more. Oxford is a nasty cesspool and that's being kind.

parabrave
10-31-2023, 01:18 PM

thats her. And heck she didn't even try to hide it either.

Cooterpoot
10-31-2023, 01:19 PM

The 98 team lost to Kentucky too

Commercecomet24
10-31-2023, 01:22 PM
thats her. And heck she didn't even try to hide it either.

Yeah they all think they're above the law, and don't care about wrecking someone elses life.

defiantdog
10-31-2023, 01:23 PM
We got hit with everything back then. Kevin Fant gets knocked for buying a pair of tires yet a certain MC OL was driving a brand new Tahoe his senior year of high school.

StarkVegasSteve
10-31-2023, 01:30 PM

40-45K. This program has ZERO juice right now. People are choosing to do other things with their time other than spend a couple of hundred bucks to watch us look like we have no clue in all 3 phases.

Commercecomet24
10-31-2023, 01:31 PM
We got hit with everything back then. Kevin Fant gets knocked for buying a pair of tires yet a certain MC OL was driving a brand new Tahoe his senior year of college.

Yeah I remember the Fant tire "scandal". Ridiculous what was done to us.

DownwardDawg
10-31-2023, 01:34 PM

This can't be stated enough.

Commercecomet24
40-45K. This program has ZERO juice right now. People are choosing to do other things with their time other than spend a couple of hundred bucks to watch us look like we have no clue in all 3 phases.

Man I've been in that place when 40k was so loud the opposing team couldn't hear the signals(back in the old days). Obviously this is certainly a completely different scenario and as you said we have very little juice right now.

FISHDAWG
Maybe JWS will hang around on sideline for the game, give him a headset and let him help!

And his clipboard

parabrave
We got hit with everything back then. Kevin Fant gets knocked for buying a pair of tires yet a certain MC OL was driving a brand new Tahoe his senior year of college.

The Fant debacle was just a total hack job. He got the tires and his mom came by later to pay for then/ The Tire guy reported it to the NCAA. Dam the OM people and players were just total dirtbags. Remember Buckles. And then they screwed with a certain ED posters' paycheck.

Commercecomet24
10-31-2023, 01:37 PM
The Fant debacle was just a total hack job. He got the tires and his mom came by later to pay for then/ The Tire guy reported it to the NCAA. Dam the OM people and players were just total dirtbags. Remember Buckles. And then they screwed with a certain ED posters' paycheck.

Exactly, 100% right! So many of them are just not nice human beings.

Commercecomet24
10-31-2023, 01:38 PM
And his clipboard

Yeah Ol Jackie was always making notes on that clipboard.

R2Dawg
10-31-2023, 01:46 PM
The 98 team lost to Kentucky too

That was probably the only loss in about 10 years to UK. They beat that arse a lot. A blind hog will find a nut every once in a while.

R2Dawg
10-31-2023, 01:50 PM
Yeah Ol Jackie was always making notes on that clipboard.

#3 has an ankle

and Mississippi

Jackie brought in the Mad Dawgs in 1991 - instant stadium juice. DWS was rockin

Commercecomet24
10-31-2023, 01:58 PM
#3 has an ankle

and Mississippi

Jackie brought in the Mad Dawgs in 1991 - instant stadium juice. DWS was rockin

Some really great memories!

Really Clark?
10-31-2023, 02:02 PM
Man y'all are bringing back some great memories!!

Commercecomet24
10-31-2023, 02:05 PM
Man y'all are bringing back some great memories!!

Yeah I'm feeling a little nostalgic over all this. Great memories and also I was a much younger man without the aches and pains of aging and more hair and less belly, lol.

parabrave
10-31-2023, 02:06 PM
And he wasn't scared of the A on a jersey. Now the Purple Tiger on the Helmet was a different matter. The Dog pound rock at the beginning of a game was great watching from row 53 sec E/

Commercecomet24
10-31-2023, 02:08 PM
And he wasn't scared of the A on a jersey. Now the Purple Tiger on the Helmet was a different matter. The Dog pound rock at the beginning of a game was great watching from row 53 sec E/

Yes sir! The struggle with lsu was truly dumbfounding. We lost to some bad lsu teams when we were stout. That was Jackie though. He'd pull some big time upsets and then have some what the heck losses, but i love him to death.

StarkVegasSteve
10-31-2023, 02:23 PM
Man I've been in that place when 40k was so loud the opposing team couldn't hear the signals(back in the old days). Obviously this is certainly a completely different scenario and as you said we have very little juice right now.

No doubt. 40K is 80K if everyone is engaged. However…..no juice at the moment. I would guess 15-20K will actually be engaged for this one. Maybe more if it is tight at the end.

Commercecomet24
10-31-2023, 02:35 PM
No doubt. 40K is 80K if everyone is engaged. However…..no juice at the moment. I would guess 15-20K will actually be engaged for this one. Maybe more if it is tight at the end.

And it sucks because Davis-Wade can be an extremely intimidating environment and give us a huge edge.

DownwardDawg
10-31-2023, 02:44 PM

Add to that it was the beginning of the internet. Everyone believed everything on the internet and ole miss boosters were using it.
And the lawsuit, NCAA settled a few years ago as stated in this thread. 2019 I think. As per someone in the courtroom, it was ugly for the NCAA. They settled with Jackie after less than a day of testimony. I was told it was embarrassing for them and the ole miss booster.

Commercecomet24
10-31-2023, 02:55 PM
Add to that it was the beginning of the internet. Everyone believed everything on the internet and ole miss boosters were using it.
And the lawsuit, NCAA settled a few years ago as stated in this thread. 2019 I think. As per someone in the courtroom, it was ugly for the NCAA. They settled with Jackie after less than a day of testimony. I was told it was embarrassing for them and the ole miss booster.

100%(unfortunately there's still idiots who believe the internet 100%, lol). Yeah Jackie had the goods on them through his PI, pictures, recordings the whole shebang. It shouldn't have takent that long to settle, but I guess that's what lawyers get paid to do, drag this stuff out.

DownwardDawg
10-31-2023, 04:16 PM
Exactly, 100% right! So many of them are just not nice human beings.

It's the best part of living in Tennessee!!! Not the outdoors. Not the beautiful 4 season weather. Not the cleanliness and all the super awesome stuff to do. Nope. The best part is not living around ole miss people. It's glorious.

NCDawg
10-31-2023, 04:17 PM
Yes sir! The struggle with lsu was truly dumbfounding. We lost to some bad lsu teams when we were stout. That was Jackie though. He'd pull some big time upsets and then have some what the heck losses, but i love him to death.

I remember when Sherrill and Watson Brown installed the wishbone right before the LSU game in Baton Rouge and LSU couldn't stop it. Sleepy Robinson ran it to perfection.

parabrave
10-31-2023, 04:50 PM
I remember when Sherrill and Watson Brown installed the wishbone right before the LSU game in Baton Rouge and LSU couldn't stop it. Sleepy Robinson ran it to perfection.

If Sleepy hadn;t got hurt MSU would've gone to the SEC Championship that year.

RocketDawg
11-01-2023, 06:47 AM
It's the best part of living in Tennessee!!! Not the outdoors. Not the beautiful 4 season weather. Not the cleanliness and all the super awesome stuff to do. Nope. The best part is not living around ole miss people. It's glorious.

Same here as well. There are very few OM here either. The only one I know is my sister-in-law.

Schultzy
11-04-2023, 10:59 AM
Coaches and players with their backs to the wall against a beatable team at home, we win.

Also got bama -3 over lsu
Auburn -12.5 over vandy

18-16