HancockCountyDog
10-29-2023, 05:49 PM
Interesting.

Mississippi -4.5 vs Aggie

FL -5 vs Ark

Bama -4 vs LSU

Uga -16 vs Mizzou

Auburn -13 at Vandy

That Florida line makes zero sense so of course the pigs will cover.

I think we win outright this week, so I'd load up on us.

I also think UGA covers.

sandjunky
10-29-2023, 05:50 PM

I think we win outright this week, so I'd load up on us.

I also think UGA covers.

UK by 14

BeardoMSU
10-29-2023, 05:54 PM
3? Is that how many inches they'll have our assholes dilated by the end of the game?....I'll take the over.

TNDawg35
10-29-2023, 05:57 PM
Take KY. Hell even in the new uniforms, take KY…

A&M has a defense so OM may be in trouble. I just don’t know if A&M will be able to score. Their QB is bad…

HancockCountyDog
10-29-2023, 06:01 PM
Well that sucks. I was hoping they could beat OM

I think Max Johnson is playing pretty well.

I really like A&M this week.

Leeshouldveflanked
10-29-2023, 06:17 PM
I think UPig has quit. I wouldnt be surprised if KJ didnt play another snap.

Cooterpoot
10-29-2023, 06:18 PM
UK by 14

I bet it's more than that

civildawg
10-29-2023, 06:54 PM
That line for us makes me scared we may come out and win

DownwardDawg
10-29-2023, 07:11 PM
UK by 14

I think so too. Unless UK tries to kill the clock in the 2nd half and the score stays closer.

TrapGame
10-29-2023, 07:15 PM
UK by 14

We're gonna make Devin Leary look like a first round draft pick Saturday night.

HoopsDawg
10-29-2023, 08:11 PM
Take KY. Hell even in the new uniforms, take KY…

A&M has a defense so OM may be in trouble. I just don’t know if A&M will be able to score. Their QB is bad…

If we weren't wearing the interlocking MSU, I would load up on KY.

Napier sucks, but gotta take UF.

Lord McBuckethead
10-29-2023, 08:19 PM
Can KY throw the ball 9 yards downfield? If they can, I would take them -10.

Quaoarsking
10-29-2023, 08:29 PM
We're going to win. For the last 7 years, the road team has seemed like the more likely winner on paper, only to be super disappointed to actually lose. This continues into 2023.

Hopefully it doesn't save Arnett's job (unless we also beat A&M and Ole Miss, then fine).

confucius say
10-29-2023, 08:48 PM
That line for us makes me scared we may come out and win

Why would you not want us to win?

HancockCountyDog
10-29-2023, 09:59 PM
Why would you not want us to win?

Wouldnt you agree that the 2008 egg bowl loss was one of the best things to happen to MSU?

Some of the in game decisions he has made gives some people the same feelings.

Pancho
10-30-2023, 06:35 AM
I think UPig has quit. I wouldnt be surprised if KJ didnt play another snap.

he did quit on Enos.

msudawg1200
10-30-2023, 07:19 AM
We are going to beat Kentucky

ZedFedder
10-30-2023, 07:22 AM
31-17 Kentucky.

30-28 TAMU

confucius say
10-30-2023, 07:27 AM
Wouldnt you agree that the 2008 egg bowl loss was one of the best things to happen to MSU?

I agree that hiring dan Mullen was one of the best things to happen to state.

Not sure what that has to do with his statement that he is scared we might win. If we lose to KY, are we hiring Mullen?

msstate7
10-30-2023, 07:36 AM

Certainly possible. I wouldn't bet this game either way

Coursesuper
10-30-2023, 07:42 AM

Ky is a solidly coached fundamentally sound football team, we on the other hand are not.

HancockCountyDog
10-30-2023, 08:39 AM
I agree that hiring dan Mullen was one of the best things to happen to state.

Not sure what that has to do with his statement that he is scared we might win. If we lose to KY, are we hiring Mullen?

It wasn't that we hired Mullen its that we fired a guy that wasn't right for our program and then we made a good hire.

Look, i like Arnett and I thought we could win 9-10 games this year (counting bowl win) due to the number of 5th and 6th year seniors. We needed a big year because next year will be rough. Throw in the fact that the SEC is terrible this year, and it was a perfect storm that should have allowed us to win 9-10 games.

Instead we have lost two games to two terrible teams (SC and AU) and have looked terrible in some other wins (WMU and Zona).

I don't understand giving him another year when we are not going to be good next year. Why delay the inevitable?

If we go 6-6 and keep Arnett, I'm at the point where I'm not sure that is the best thing for the program. Maybe it is, but I don't see any evidence of that.

LC Dawg
10-30-2023, 12:09 PM
3? Is that how many inches they'll have our assholes dilated by the end of the game?....I'll take the over.

So we'll need some KY for KY?

R2Dawg
10-30-2023, 12:29 PM
I like Mizzou to cover. That is a good football team and maybe best game of the week. I'd be afraid to touch any of the rest of them. OM is gonna lay an egg at some point.

defiantdog
10-30-2023, 02:27 PM
We won't score enough points to compete with KY no matter how well our defense plays.

PGHBulldogBG
10-30-2023, 02:36 PM
Missouri gave UGA a run for their money last year with a much worse team. They will do the same this year, but I still think UGA wins. UGA is rolling now and the only game I could see them losing is @UTk. Ole Miss will beat aTm because even with Petrino the aTm offense is pretty bad this year. I look for an Ole Miss win by about 24?13. This will put Ole Miss at 10-2 on the year. As far as State goes, this is our best chance for another SEC win. I think we pull this out, but then will probably lose the final 2 SEC games by about 21 each. Also I think LSU is going to win in Tuscaloosa Saturday.

bulldawg28
10-30-2023, 03:01 PM
This team is going to mess around and beat KY & Ole Miss.

dawgday166
10-30-2023, 03:13 PM

I actually think we might upset KY somehow since they always play poorly on the road and especially at our place.

I don't see Kiffin letting that even remotely come close to happening against OM.

parabrave
10-30-2023, 03:16 PM

Only if we go full Relf/

DownwardDawg
10-30-2023, 03:38 PM

It was the absolute best thing to ever happen to State football. Some people can't see the big picture.
Not saying I'm wanting UK to beat us, but if that's what it takes to force a change..........

TrapGame
10-30-2023, 03:43 PM
AU, USCe, Arkansas, and UK are some of the worst teams in the conference and we've only beaten one so far and that was a sick joke of a game.

Commercecomet24
10-30-2023, 03:51 PM
It was the absolute best thing to ever happen to State football. Some people can't see the big picture.
Not saying I'm wanting UK to beat us, but if that's what it takes to force a change..........

Yeah I think that's where most of us are at. I want us to win every game and if we were somehow able to win 3 of the last 4(including beatin om) then that would show something has changed and the staff has figured some things out. Now the odds of that happening i can't calculate because my calculator don't go that high, lol.

Johnson85
10-30-2023, 03:55 PM

Does it make more sense than our line?

I know UK isn't good, but are they really only 6 points better than us on a neutral field?

It gives me some hope because usually when a line looks that stupid to me, it ends up being about right or "wrong" in the opposite direction of what I thought.

msstate7
10-30-2023, 04:00 PM
AU, USCe, Arkansas, and UK are some of the worst teams in the conference and we've only beaten one so far and that was a sick joke of a game.

All 3 were on the road. This will be the first one at home.

msstate7
10-30-2023, 04:06 PM
Does it make more sense than our line?

I know UK isn't good, but are they really only 6 points better than us on a neutral field?

It gives me some hope because usually when a line looks that stupid to me, it ends up being about right or "wrong" in the opposite direction of what I thought.

FEI...
Kentucky #42
State #56

FPI...
Kentucky #41
State #45

FPI actually favors us at 54.1%

TrapGame
10-30-2023, 04:07 PM
All 3 were on the road. This will be the first one at home.

I don't think being at home for this one is going to work out in our favor.

DownwardDawg
10-30-2023, 04:07 PM
Yeah I think that's where most of us are at. I want us to win every game and if we were somehow able to win 3 of the last 4(including beatin om) then that would show something has changed and the staff has figured some things out. Now the odds of that happening i can't calculate because my calculator don't go that high, lol.

Yeah. I would absolutely love for us to beat UK, aTm, and ole miss along with USM. Just don't see a chance of it though.

Tater
10-30-2023, 04:08 PM

Agreed but you're damn sure I'm gonna root for us to finish 9-4. Most sane fans can recognize how much of a wake up call 45-0 was. But no sane fan went into that game hoping for it to happen. You always want to win 45-0 and hope that it's just clicked.

The writing is on the wall with this staff, but Arnett has four games to find an eraser and then get to quote Natasha Bedingfield: "Today is where you're book begins. The rest is still unwritten."

Really Clark?
10-30-2023, 04:19 PM
Agreed but you're damn sure I'm gonna root for us to finish 9-4. Most sane fans can recognize how much of a wake up call 45-0 was. But no sane fan went into that game hoping for it to happen. You always want to win 45-0 and hope that it's just clicked.

The writing is on the wall with this staff, but Arnett has four games to find an eraser and then get to quote Natasha Bedingfield: "Today is where your book begins. The rest is still unwritten."

My man going Natasha lyric quotes on us!! Lol

Commercecomet24
10-30-2023, 04:19 PM

The writing is on the wall with this staff, but Arnett has four games to find an eraser and then get to quote Natasha Bedingfield: "Today is where your book begins. The rest is still unwritten."

100%! I?m always a Dawg and will always want us to win! I can?t root against us ever! I mean we all see what?s happening on the field but I?ll be danged if I want us to lose! Good post, Tater!

dawgday166
10-30-2023, 04:26 PM

I wouldn't want him fired but I wouldn't be convinced yet either. I've seen that movie before and then the dumpster fire really erupts the next year.

And I still say the MS Homeboys supposed to be "locking up the state" in recruiting. We need 2 of those 4 Dlinemen that are in top 6 players in the state. We need results.

Tater
10-30-2023, 05:18 PM
My man going Natasha lyric quotes on us!! Lol

Guilty pleasure song and honestly one of the best quotes you can live by.

Tater
10-30-2023, 05:20 PM
100%! I?m always a Dawg and will always want us to win! I can?t root against us ever! I mean we all see what?s happening on the field but I?ll be danged if I want us to lose! Good post, Tater!

It's insane to me the ones who will want to root for a loss for "the Greater Good".

There's a documentary about what happens when you do evil, vile, despicable things in pursuit of " the Greater Good": called Hot Fuzz.

confucius say
10-30-2023, 06:32 PM

I mean that would be great! We'd be at least 7-5 with momentum and would have to be playing better. I think everybody on here would take that result.

DownwardDawg
10-30-2023, 09:05 PM
I mean that would be great! We'd be at least 7-5 with momentum and would have to be playing better. I think everybody on here would take that result.

I would definitely take that. But my heart is tired of being broken by the dogs. I know it ain't happening.

Extendedcab
10-30-2023, 09:25 PM
Now that the weather is cooler, do you think the FB team will play better? I’m looking for something to encourage me! ��*��:rolleyes:

parabrave
10-31-2023, 12:22 AM
Now that the weather is cooler, do you think the FB team will play better? I’m looking for something to encourage me! ��*��:rolleyes:

Well if you want encouragement then this cold snap will get the Spec Trout biting and thats always a good sign.