PDA

View Full Version : Jarran Reed commits to Bama

ShotgunDawg
12-04-2013, 01:54 PM
I haven't seen this mentioned here, but Jarran Reed of EMCC committed to Bama this morning.

Although we wanted this guy, I think him committing to Bama is the next best thing. OM was long rumored to the leader for this guy, and I would rather him go to Bama than OM.

Not sure if you guys have been following recruiting, outside of MSU, but basically Bama is taking the top players from the state of Louisiana and took one of OM's potential recruits with the commitment of Reed.

I see both of these situations as a positive for MSU. I would just rather Bama get all of the best players from Louisiana and some of OM's recruits, and Bama just be an unbeatable force while, at the same time, lowering the ceiling of LSU and OM.

Trends like this give us a better chance of having 9 and 10 win seasons because beating LSU and OM becomes a less daunting task.

OM has lost both Gennessy and Reed in the past week.

dawgs
12-04-2013, 01:57 PM
agreed. bama is gonna be bama, might as well let them hurt the rest of the west.

ShotgunDawg
12-04-2013, 02:04 PM
agreed. bama is gonna be bama, might as well let them hurt the rest of the west.

Completely agree. I'd rather them beat us by 40 instead of 10, as long as those players that helped them win by 40 were taken away from LSU, OM, Auburn, and aTm.

A loss is a loss. Helps us win more games.

maroonmania
12-04-2013, 02:13 PM
I haven't seen this mentioned here, but Jarran Reed of EMCC committed to Bama this morning.

Although we wanted this guy, I think him committing to Bama is the next best thing. OM was long rumored to the leader for this guy, and I would rather him go to Bama than OM.

Not sure if you guys have been following recruiting, outside of MSU, but basically Bama is taking the top players from the state of Louisiana and took one of OM's potential recruits with the commitment of Reed.

I see both of these situations as a positive for MSU. I would just rather Bama get all of the best players from Louisiana and some of OM's recruits, and Bama just be an unbeatable force while, at the same time, lowering the ceiling of LSU and OM.

Trends like this give us a better chance of having 9 and 10 win seasons because beating LSU and OM becomes a less daunting task.

OM has lost both Gennessy and Reed in the past week.

Apparently us beating LSU will ALWAYS be a daunting task no matter what level of talent they have.

ShotgunDawg
12-04-2013, 02:16 PM
Apparently us beating LSU will ALWAYS be a daunting task no matter what level of talent they have.

Great point. That's why I made sure I said "less daunting"

Dawg61
12-04-2013, 02:19 PM
This will weaken Bama more than anything. The more they sign out of state the more MSU and others can sign from Alabama. Eventually that's going to hurt them.

Political Hack
12-04-2013, 02:26 PM
This will weaken Bama more than anything. The more they sign out of state the more MSU and others can sign from Alabama. Eventually that's going to hurt them.

Bama and Auburn recruiting nationally has helped us tremendously. the same with LSU. Now that we can beat out USM, UAB, Tulane, ULaLa, Memphis, and other regional schools for good talent we should always have some horses in the barn. We may not have Bama star power, but dominating Mississippi and stealing a few diamonds from those schools should give us plenty of depth.

ShotgunDawg
12-04-2013, 02:39 PM
Bama and Auburn recruiting nationally has helped us tremendously. the same with LSU. Now that we can beat out USM, UAB, Tulane, ULaLa, Memphis, and other regional schools for good talent we should always have some horses in the barn. We may not have Bama star power, but dominating Mississippi and stealing a few diamonds from those schools should give us plenty of depth.

THIS

With Bama and Auburn recruiting more nationally, it has made our local recruiting base more lucrative.

Coach34
12-04-2013, 02:57 PM
there is talk of Hampton flipping from OM to Bama also

ShotgunDawg
12-04-2013, 02:58 PM
there is talk of Hampton flipping from OM to Bama also

That would be outstanding.

OM fears having to develop players because it leaves their boosters with no control over the situation.