PDA

View Full Version : Bo Bounds is a good ole boy cult

Santiago
10-29-2023, 10:59 AM
I am seeing his tweets and he blames Leach for G5 players. I thought Arnett was given total control of the defense the past 3 years. Bo knows that crap. Talks about lack of QB, but then ignores we had Locke and Parson for the future AR which to me was extremely promising.
Also, I thought we had to hire Arnett to keep from losing players. Were those G5 players as Bo says?

Looks like he is part of the MSU good ole boy cult. He also was taking some shots at Leach last year, as we were winning 9 games.

msugolf
10-29-2023, 11:02 AM
Yes he is. Its pretty well known around Jackson area too. He is afraid of losing his connections, insider info, to the athletic department so he wants them to stay around as long as possible so he can promote his own brand and image

dawgday166
10-29-2023, 11:02 AM
I am seeing his tweets and he blames Leach for G5 players. I thought Arnett was given total control of the defense the past 3 years. Bo knows that crap. Talks about lack of QB, but then ignores we had Locke and Parson for the future AR which to me was extremely promising.
Also, I thought we had to hire Arnett to keep from losing players. Were those G5 players as Bo says?

Looks like he is part of the MSU good ole boy cult. He also was taking some shots at Leach last year, as we were winning 9 games.

Bo is a wannabe Finebaum.

If we have any talent issues it's the NIL we brought in this year. What we have more of than anything is a culture issue now. This is JoMo 2.0 or maybe even worse, if that's possible.

msstate7
10-29-2023, 11:04 AM
Yes he is. It's pretty well known around Jackson area too. He is afraid of losing his connections, insider info, to the athletic department so he wants them to stay around as long as possible so he can promote his own brand and image

This is every media/beat writer that depends on connections in every sport

Santiago
10-29-2023, 11:05 AM
Yes he is. Its pretty well known around Jackson area too. He is afraid of losing his connections, insider info, to the athletic department so he wants them to stay around as long as possible so he can promote his own brand and image

It is incredible the selfish agenda going on with a circle of alumni, and the staff. This is why I mentioned a while back I stopped my NIL because of all this "leadership" going on.
The obvious 180 from our system last year pisses me off. Not because I love the AR, but because it was working as we were adding talent, and we were controlling TOP, and equalizing against SEC speed, and winning games. Then the lying by Arnett of not changing much, and then the buddy system of hiring started.
We really have a red neck group of influence the past few years, such as Bo and his friends, and those in the Bryan Building.

BankerDog
10-29-2023, 12:53 PM
Bo wants to believe his buddy Bartoo was right about Barbay and Arnett?

Coach34
10-29-2023, 12:54 PM
No- Leach's guys controlled who we recruited. That was a huge problem. Emmerick was a terrible hire

BankerDog
10-29-2023, 12:57 PM
No- Leach's guys controlled who we recruited. That was a huge problem. Emmerick was a terrible hire

Arnett, Brock, Rod Gibson, McBath, Hughes?all Leach ?guys? and all still on staff. Try again idiot. Who is now in charge of recruiting this joke of a class outside of four guys?

msstate7
10-29-2023, 12:57 PM

Leach gets credit for anything good, and he isn't accountable for anything bad. Great gig if you can't get it

BuckyIsAB****
10-29-2023, 12:58 PM

Same kids that were experienced talent in august.

They loved and played hard for Leach and staff. They hate and could give a shit about this one

Santiago
10-29-2023, 01:03 PM
Leach gets credit for anything good, and he isn't accountable for anything bad. Great gig if you can't get it

Just throwing things against the wall to see if it sticks? I am most certain on this board the past 3 years we heard griping against Leach.

Todd4State
10-29-2023, 01:13 PM
Yes he is. It's pretty well known around Jackson area too. He is afraid of losing his connections, insider info, to the athletic department so he wants them to stay around as long as possible so he can promote his own brand and image

Nailed it.

Todd4State
10-29-2023, 01:15 PM
Bo wants to believe his buddy Bartoo was right about Barbay and Arnett?

Yeah. He even said yesterday that this staff was better than Leach's. LOL.

Looks like Bartoo needs to tweak his "matrix". Would probably start with knowing who our RB coach actually is.

TrapGame
10-29-2023, 01:45 PM

They loved and played hard for Leach and staff. They hate and could give a shit about this one

Let me take a guess.

We have players who have two or three coaches, outside of their position coaches, in their asses acting like the head coach and the actual head coach is clueless about it. Too many Indian chiefs and not enough Indians.

It's a total cluster****.

Am I close?

msstate7
10-29-2023, 02:00 PM
Just throwing things against the wall to see if it sticks? I am most certain on this board the past 3 years we heard griping against Leach.

Oh absolutely, but not from some.

dawgday166
10-29-2023, 02:02 PM
Folks can try to deflect blame and make excuses all they want but this much I'm certain of ... Dan Mullen would win a minimum of 8 games with this team, in this SECW, and with this schedule. Maybe 9. Hell ... Maybe even 10. Only sure loss is Bama. LSU maybe because their QB is so good ... That would've probably been a shootout game like OM had with them. OM & TAM would be a tossups.

And he also wouldn't have essentially gone 0fer on portal transfers.

ETA: AND we thought Dan had a Country Club. Now we got a shore nuff Country Club in charge.

Churchill
10-29-2023, 02:10 PM
I think Rosebowl has to anoint all of these cultist before they're allowed in the sanctuary.

RockyDog
10-29-2023, 02:20 PM
It is incredible the selfish agenda going on with a circle of alumni, and the staff. This is why I mentioned a while back I stopped my NIL because of all this "leadership" going on.
The obvious 180 from our system last year pisses me off. Not because I love the AR, but because it was working as we were adding talent, and we were controlling TOP, and equalizing against SEC speed, and winning games. Then the lying by Arnett of not changing much, and then the buddy system of hiring started.
We really have a red neck group of influence the past few years, such as Bo and his friends, and those in the Bryan Building.

More revisionist history. You and Bucky are good at that.

Bdawg
10-29-2023, 02:29 PM

Why is that? Did the D not like ZA in previous years or is it all the coordinators? Maybe the offense felt lied to and mad about it, but the D is still somewhat the same.

confucius say
10-29-2023, 03:54 PM

And dudek was probably worse

Santiago
10-29-2023, 03:56 PM
More revisionist history. You and Bucky are good at that.

Lazy comment on your part, without anything backing it up. What part of that was revisionist?
Just seems more of the same with you guys, that you cannot defend this current group and those supporting it unless you take shots at the posters.

Really Clark?
10-29-2023, 04:07 PM
And dudek was probably worse

I mean it was 1A - 1B in incompetence. Lol

Maroonthirteen
10-29-2023, 07:22 PM
There is an Out of Left field podcast from a few weeks back in which they mention the football recruiting under the previous staff.

Sorry I can't give you the date but my take away was all recruiting prospects had to be approved by Leachs staffer. Also we didn't offer any scholarships until the staffer saw the recruit already had another SEC offer. Which put us behind on recruiting said recruits.

Really Clark?
10-29-2023, 07:25 PM
There is an Out of Left field podcast from a few weeks back in which they mention the football recruiting under the previous staff.

Sorry I can't give you the date but my take away was all recruiting prospects had to be approved by Leachs staffer. Also we didn't offer any scholarships until the staffer saw the recruit already had another SEC offer. Which put us behind on recruiting said recruits.

That was Dudek

Maroonthirteen
10-29-2023, 07:33 PM
I listen to Bo most days. He seems to be trying to convince State fans that patience is needed because the loss of Leach is tough to overcome in one off season/season. Bo speaks glowingly of Leach, IMO and blames him for nothing.

I guess you can run down some rabbit holes trying to make this or that of what Bo says. However I jump to the conclusions that there are not plans to fire Arnett and the decision makers understand this is a rebuild.

I'm sure these comments will turn into another argument of what should have been done. However what's done is done and the situation we find ourselves in is hold tight, don't burn it to the ground yet.

Btw, I appreciate Bo. I don't always like what he says. But I enjoy his coverage of State and Mississippi sports.

Edit to add: don't take my thoughts as this is what should be done regardless. I'm smart enough to know that this is the situation the week before the UK game and 3 more to go. It could all change between now and Nov 24.

Todd4State
10-29-2023, 08:32 PM
I listen to Bo most days. He seems to be trying to convince State fans that patience is needed because the loss of Leach is tough to overcome in one off season/season. Bo speaks glowingly of Leach, IMO and blames him for nothing.

I guess you can run down some rabbit holes trying to make this or that of what Bo says. However I jump to the conclusions that there are not plans to fire Arnett and the decision makers understand this is a rebuild.

I'm sure these comments will turn into another argument of what should have been done. However what's done is done and the situation we find ourselves in is hold tight, don't burn it to the ground yet.

Btw, I appreciate Bo. I don't always like what he says. But I enjoy his coverage of State and Mississippi sports.

Edit to add: don't take my thoughts as this is what should be done regardless. I'm smart enough to know that this is the situation the week before the UK game and 3 more to go. It could all change between now and Nov 24.

The issue is there are a LOT of sticking points with that.

1. He's basically saying the players suck. But these players won 9 games a year ago.

2. So if these players are capable of winning 9 games then they're not well coached. So that's not really a ringing endorsement of the current staff. And remember that was with a more difficult schedule than we have this year. We should be no worse than 6-2 with losses to LSU (maybe) and Alabama and that's not just with Leach. I'm talking any competent staff.

3. If the players suck and recruiting was an issue then why did we keep the defensive staff that recruited them? Why was there such an emphasis on keeping the recruiting class together? In theory we would have been much better off waiting if it was known that these players sucked at that time.

Nothing he said really holds water- but that's really been the case with this coaching staff and situation since Leach passed away if we're honest.

To me it sounds a lot more like narrative passed down from people who made the hire to absolve themselves of their poor decisions. Which amounts to blaming the players.

Coach34
10-29-2023, 08:36 PM

1. He's basically saying the players suck. But these players won 9 games a year ago.

Thats just not true.

We lost 4 of our top 5 pass catchers

We lost 7 of our Top 10 tacklers

That's alot of loss

confucius say
10-29-2023, 08:43 PM

2. So if these players are capable of winning 9 games then they're not well coached. So that's not really a ringing endorsement of the current staff. And remember that was with a more difficult schedule than we have this year. We should be no worse than 6-2 with losses to LSU (maybe) and Alabama and that's not just with Leach. I'm talking any competent staff.

3. If the players suck and recruiting was an issue then why did we keep the defensive staff that recruited them? Why was there such an emphasis on keeping the recruiting class together? In theory we would have been much better off waiting if it was known that these players sucked at that time.

Nothing he said really holds water- but that's really been the case with this coaching staff and situation since Leach passed away if we're honest.

To me it sounds a lot more like narrative passed down from people who made the hire to absolve themselves of their poor decisions. Which amounts to blaming the players.

Disagree. These players did not go 8-4 last year. We lost 7 starters on defense (young, charleton, wheat, Forbes, green, matthews, Duncan) that we are missing badly. All of those but Duncan are much better than their successor (Pickering, russel, purvis, Nicholson, Ellington, banks). Brock called the bowl game with those players (all except wheat who sat out) and we were great.

Give this team those 7 and we are 6-2 or 5-3 right now.

dawgday166
10-29-2023, 08:49 PM
Disagree. These players did not go 8-4 last year. We lost 7 starters on defense (young, charleton, wheat, Forbes, green, matthews, Duncan) that we are missing badly. All of those but Duncan are much better than their successor (Pickering, russel, purvis, Nicholson, Ellington, banks). Brock called the bowl game with those players (all except wheat who sat out) and we were great.

Give this team those 7 and we are 6-2 or 5-3 right now.

What we have was in the 2-deep and got playing time last year. And have some talent. Cause no one is making a contribution from the portal. Which is what the portal is for. Whose fault is that?

confucius say
10-29-2023, 08:54 PM
What we have was in the 2-deep and got playing time last year. And have some talent. Cause no one is making a contribution from the portal. Which is what the portal is for. Whose fault is that?

Our misses in the portal are glaring. No doubt.

That has nothing to do with the fact that we lost 7 starters on defense, meaning the defense we have now is not the same team we had last year. That was my only point. It can't be said that this team went 8-4 last year. If we had last years defense we'd be right on track for 7-5/8-4/9-3.

CaptainObvious
10-29-2023, 09:01 PM
Young, Forbes and Wheat were not just talented. They were Leaders! We have no leaders!

dawgday166
10-29-2023, 09:03 PM
Our misses in the portal are glaring. No doubt.

That has nothing to do with the fact that we lost 7 starters on defense, meaning the defense we have now is not the same team we had last year. That was my only point. It can't be said that this team went 8-4 last year. If we had last years defense we'd be right on track for 7-5/8-4/9-3.

Don't care. Coach em up. They should've been ready to step in. Mullen would win 8 minimum as I said before.

But here's the real deal. We have ONLY played 2 offenses with a pulse and we ain't stopping them with anyone we have this year or last year. We'd have to outscore LSU. However, we didn't lose a ton on offense, only one offensive lineman, and we can't score against some of the worst scoring Ds in the country.

Players graduate. Mullen started over in 2016 ... C34 was all over his ass about that year. Leach came into a total dumpster fire in 2020 ... C34 was all over his ass about that too.

This isn't a total rebuild like it is now being portrayed. In fact, that is why we supposedly hired Arnett was for continuity although now it is becoming obvious to me it was to take advantage of his youth more than anything else.

Coach34
10-29-2023, 09:05 PM
Don't care. Coach em up. They should've been ready to step in. Mullen would win 8 minimum as I said before..

Mullen wouldnt do shit with a porous bad secondary on D and a QB that is more unathletic than Tyler Russell was

Todd4State
10-29-2023, 09:06 PM
Thats just not true.

That's alot of loss

QB- returned
RB- Returned Woody.
WR- Tulu, Zavion, Walley, Justin Robinson who just came off of a bowl MVP performance, and added Creed Whittemore. In other words, we have four four star WR's who replaced Austin Williams and Rufus Harvey who were basically possession receivers and RaRa who was lazy. So we should be better there than last year.
OL- Cole Smith, Kam Jones, Dollar Bill, Nick Jones, Albert Reese, and Percy Lewis all played a good bit in 2022 and most of them started at least one game.

DL- Getting Crumedy back was supposed to be a plus as he didn't play much in 2022. Pickering has played a lot, DeMonte has also played a lot. I believe all three of these players were four stars and Russell played in the UA AA Game
LB- Bookie and Jett are productive. Should have hit the portal for another LB to replace Wheat.
CB- Decam started all year.
S- Banks started and played well last year. Preston has started some in his career. Banks is a former four star.

dawgday166
10-29-2023, 09:10 PM
Mullen wouldnt do shit with a porous bad secondary on D and a QB that is more unathletic than Tyler Russell was

In this suck ass SECW he would. He'd score more than 7 on Arky and 13 on AU. And his D wouldn't be so porous either cause they'd be in better shape, tougher, and their eyes would be looking in the right places each play. Wright would play better than he did this past week too.

That's coaching dude.

ETA: And with the portal he'd probably have filled the gaps he needed to fill. Not go 0fer.

confucius say
10-29-2023, 09:14 PM
QB- returned
RB- Returned Woody.
WR- Tulu, Zavion, Walley, Justin Robinson who just came off of a bowl MVP performance, and added Creed Whittemore. In other words, we have four four star WR's who replaced Austin Williams and Rufus Harvey who were basically possession receivers and RaRa who was lazy. So we should be better there than last year.
OL- Cole Smith, Kam Jones, Dollar Bill, Nick Jones, Albert Reese, and Percy Lewis all played a good bit in 2022 and most of them started at least one game.

DL- Getting Crumedy back was supposed to be a plus as he didn't play much in 2022. Pickering has played a lot, DeMonte has also played a lot. I believe all three of these players were four stars and Russell played in the UA AA Game
LB- Bookie and Jett are productive. Should have hit the portal for another LB to replace Wheat.
S- Banks started and played well last year. Preston has started some in his career. Banks is a former four star.

You cite crumedy, bookie, Jett, and dcam. Those are the four returning starters. The others you cite didn't start last year because they weren't as good as the starters. We lost 7 starters on defense, and 6 of those are big dropoffs.

BlackSailsDawg
10-29-2023, 09:17 PM
QB- returned
RB- Returned Woody.

Facts be gone!

Coach34
10-29-2023, 09:22 PM
QB- returned
RB- Returned Woody.

RB- lost Dillion who produced as much as Woody
WR- lost 4 of the 5 top pass catchers. Top 3 at WR. If the other guys had been better last year- they would have produced.
OL- playing a totally different way this year
DL hasnt played bad
LB- still cant defend the pass which was a weakness last year. Forbes and the Safeties masked alot of their deficiencies
CB- cmon dude- losing Forbes was huge
S- Banks did not start one game last year. Need to check things out before stating them. HailState.com is your friend

4 of the top 5 pass catchers are gone.
7 of the top 10 tacklers are gone

Thats a fact and that is a whole damn lot of loss

Bdawg
10-29-2023, 09:40 PM
WR- lost 4 of the 5 top pass catchers. Top 3 at WR. If the other guys had been better last year- they would have produced.
DL hasnt played bad
LB- still cant defend the pass which was a weakness last year. Forbes and the Safeties masked alot of their deficiencies
S- Banks did not start one game last year. Need to check things out before stating them. HailState.com is your friend

Well where did this super veteran and experienced team disappear too?

Cowbell
10-29-2023, 11:01 PM

You need to stop generalizing the whole team having that attitude. Just because Will can't grow a pair and take over a game doesn't mean the whole team hates CZA. You aren't the only guy on here that talks to players, so speak facts before you lose your credibility.

Cowbell
10-29-2023, 11:02 PM
Well where did this super veteran and experienced team disappear too?

Veteran and experience do not make up for talent.

Todd4State
10-30-2023, 01:18 AM
DL hasnt played bad

Running backs are easily replaceable. Pittman is as productive as Dillion would be especially since he doesn't have his head on straight.

Again- Robinson was the best WR in the bowl game. He produced. Zavion was our best punt returner and was only a freshman. Our receivers are way more talented than last year and the only reason they aren't utilized is because we have to have a freshman masquerading as a TE when he should be redshirting.

We were told that the o-line wouldn't have to adjust much since they "liked to run block" and others said that they played in this offense in high school so they would be fine. Those people were wrong.

DL- can't get any pressure. They may not be bad but they're not great.

LB- we blitz them a lot.

CB- Agree on Forbes but the defense shouldn't fall off the planet because he is gone.

S- Banks may not have started but he is a four star recruit and played a good bit and Preston played a lot. They're not inexperienced.

Even still IF we have all of these holes whose fault is it for not replacing them in the offseason? Emerick and Dudek weren't here after the bowl game.

You can't have it both ways. You can't say that Leach's staff was bad at recruiting and then give this group a pass for not filling the holes in the offseason. This isn't 2010 where the only viable option is junior college. Especially when almost the entire defensive staff was ON Leach's staff. It falls back on Arnett, Peterson and his staff for not filling in the holes.

Bothrops
10-30-2023, 03:34 AM
My observation before that Arkansas game-

The DL is just slow. They aren't in optimal physical shape either. They try at least. - Lack of recruiting/physical development

The secondary isn't particularly talented, but that DOES NOT explain why they are lost on the field. Some, maybe most of these guys were better players at some point before this season. Otherwise, these guys aren't playing football in P5 or G5 right now. But it's a mix of issues. - Lack of proper evaluation/recruiting/coaching and direction

Linebacker is a mystery to me. We've recruited our typical Jimmy's and Joe's and some of them have been here since spring of last year, but none are playing outside of ST, despite our glaring speed issues. - Lack of Coaching/Recruiting/Development??

Wide receivers, as a group are better than last year, but unless they are NFL ready it doesn't matter. We can't get them the ball much. This falls on the quarterback, oline, and scheme change. -Lack of passing game/opportunity/repetition

The oline can't handle run blocking. SEC and non elite dlines are beating them. It takes longer to get this type of thing sorted out and to get their bodies right. As we've seen scheme changes are a bitch to contend with, and the oline is the first place to look when the machine breaks down. -Change in scheme and talent are always an issue. Not many guys can play at this level.

We will see Saturday if anybody quits. The staff is down to their last straw with everyone. Beat Kentucky, and salvage the season to a 6-6 record, or the road ends here.

Maroonthirteen
10-30-2023, 05:58 AM

Bo believes Bartoo's matrix that we are #xx recruiter (below everyone in conference by VU and UK). Therefore we reached 9 wins because Leach was that good. Leach is gone. Now we are not good.

Draw your own conclusions from there. Mine are.... the talent is deficient as always. The present coaches can't coach them up.

BuckyIsAB****
10-31-2023, 06:11 PM
You need to stop generalizing the whole team having that attitude. Just because Will can't grow a pair and take over a game doesn't mean the whole team hates CZA. You aren't the only guy on here that talks to players, so speak facts before you lose your credibility.

I am telling you right now with absolute 10000000 percent certainty the entire team could give a flying shit if 3 high profile on field coaches took the first bus out and never ever came back.

MrCoachKlein
10-31-2023, 07:14 PM

Give this staff Forbes and the #1 wr from usce and aub doesn't blow the game for us.

Give this staff will back for aub and we put up more points.

This same team did not win 9 last year. We are badly missing Forbes, wheat, matthews, green, d Johnson and now will and marks.

State82
10-31-2023, 08:59 PM
Thats just not true.

That's alot of loss
Quite a bit of loss. Probably more than a lot of people realize.

Todd4State
10-31-2023, 11:46 PM
Bo believes Bartoo's matrix that we are #xx recruiter (below everyone in conference by VU and UK). Therefore we reached 9 wins because Leach was that good. Leach is gone. Now we are not good.

Draw your own conclusions from there. Mine are.... the talent is deficient as always. The present coaches can't coach them up.

Well his "matrix" said that this staff was better than Leach's according to what he said on Bo's show so that doesn't seem to jive.