PDA

View Full Version : Hearing we are putting out feelers

Pages : [1] 2

BlackSailsDawg
10-29-2023, 10:50 AM
We are preparing to make a move barring a turn a complete turn around of the season.

msstate7
10-29-2023, 10:53 AM
I wanna believe, but I have a hard time with it. I think arnett pulls a Kentucky win out thus getting him a bowl and 2024.

BuckyIsAB****
10-29-2023, 10:54 AM
I wanna believe, but I have a hard time with it. I think arnett pulls a Kentucky win out thus getting him a bowl and 2024.

Not going to happen. These kids have quit. They know better than us they have to live it every day

Santiago
10-29-2023, 10:55 AM
We will need the type of HC that can rejuvenate the players, and recruits. Someone coming in that already has a reputation the kids can see as proof, even as a coordinator.

DownwardDawg
10-29-2023, 10:55 AM
Well, not sure we can believe anything like that right now because people love to act like they know inside information and they start spewing BS, but "One can only hope".
Seriously , I certainly hope we are. We need to get ahead of the other teams that will be searching.

DownwardDawg
10-29-2023, 10:57 AM

I think Kentucky beats us soundly.

Offshore Dawg
10-29-2023, 10:57 AM

Can't see it happening!!

msstate7
10-29-2023, 10:58 AM
If this is true, I say Willie fritz is the favorite.

Really Clark?
10-29-2023, 10:59 AM
Well, not sure we can believe anything like that right now because people love to act like they know inside information and they start spewing BS, but "One can only hope".
Seriously , I certainly hope we are. We need to get ahead of the other teams that will be searching.

This is the correct take. Selmon hasn't started making calls, yet.

msstate7
10-29-2023, 11:00 AM

Certainly could. If I were gonna bet, I'd bet Kentucky. I just have a feeling that arnett pulls off one, and then we get smashed in the egg.

Santiago
10-29-2023, 11:01 AM

They will take our 1997 manhood

BlackSailsDawg
10-29-2023, 11:12 AM
We will need the type of HC that can rejuvenate the players, and recruits. Someone coming in that already has a reputation the kids can see as proof, even as a coordinator.

If we want to retain the WR/TE rooms and RBs, then we have to hire a coach with a proven record of showcasing the WRs and RBs. That means you need a QB that can get them the ball.

BlackSailsDawg
10-29-2023, 11:13 AM

Dude, we are putting feelers out.

StarkVegasSteve
10-29-2023, 11:17 AM
We are preparing to make a move barring a turn a complete turn around of the season.

Not really going out on a limb there. Also I know you have no connections so it will just be vague stuff like this. People who have info do not share it on message boards. Of course we are putting out feelers. This is the time of year almost all ADs and agents are talking. You are either preparing to fire your coach or preparing an extension so things like availability of coaches always comes up. Hell, Sexton represents everyone including Arnett so putting out feelers is nothing more than making a call to Jimmy.

Really Clark?
10-29-2023, 11:18 AM

I said Selmon and he hasn't yet. He's gathering information, absolutely.

Santiago
10-29-2023, 11:19 AM
The early signing period has changed all etiquette to things. We have to have an agreement with someone basically before end of season , but not officially. There is only a small window right after the season for the new coaches to keep the recruiting together.

Really Clark?
10-29-2023, 11:28 AM
Not really going out on a limb there. Also I know you have no connections so it will just be vague stuff like this. People who have info do not share it on message boards. Of course we are putting out feelers. This is the time of year almost all ADs and agents are talking. You are either preparing to fire your coach or preparing an extension so things like availability of coaches always comes up. Hell, Sexton represents everyone including Arnett so putting out feelers is nothing more than making a call to Jimmy.

Well yeah this but before we even do that you will get the search firm to start doing background checks, help formulate / eliminate potential candidates, etc.

Tater
10-29-2023, 11:28 AM

No one believes you have inside information. You've been a constant shit stirrer all season talking down on the team and now that we have the game where you're proven right about the staff.... immediately the next day we're looking for people and sending feelers and you're the one posting it?

Yea buddy no one believes you. Joined here in start of 22 and "breaking" State rumors. What track record of info do you have to point to.

I don't pretend to be as well connected as some others. I have some friend of a friend knowledge, but you're acting like you're the first one told. I just frankly don't believe you. Most wouldn't believe me being first about something of ours. Meanwhile I've got a solid track record of oklahoma info that most here that pay attention know to trust me on.

Meanwhile you've got nothing.

Santiago
10-29-2023, 11:31 AM
Well yeah this but before we even do that you will get the search firm to start doing background checks, help formulate / eliminate potential candidates, etc.

I am curious and do not know, but do agents start going 3rd party at about right now to our administration to say "so and so is interested if MSU is"

ScooterDog
10-29-2023, 11:34 AM
Ethan Lee of Fan sided just posted 5 coaches we should be looking at. They have pretty good resume?s. What do y?all think?

DownwardDawg
10-29-2023, 11:36 AM
Ethan Lee of Fan sided just posted 5 coaches we should be looking at. They have pretty good resume?s. What do y?all think?

That's not how this works. YOU post the names. Then we'll discuss. We aren't searching.

Kingbarkus
10-29-2023, 11:48 AM
I remember when Kentucky was our “get right” game at Starkville.

phatdog
10-29-2023, 11:53 AM
They will take our 1997 manhood

Kentucky will ass17 us.

Really Clark?
10-29-2023, 12:02 PM
I am curious and do not know, but do agents start going 3rd party at about right now to our administration to say "so and so is interested if MSU is"

Not so much right but once it actually does start getting out they will.

BlackSailsDawg
10-29-2023, 12:12 PM
I said Selmon and he hasn't yet. He's gathering information, absolutely.

He is talking to agents

Really Clark?
10-29-2023, 12:14 PM
He is talking to agents

Selmon is not talking to agents yet.

BlackSailsDawg
10-29-2023, 12:14 PM
Selmon is not talking to agents yet.

Yep.

Really Clark?
10-29-2023, 12:16 PM
Yep.

Nope. He will not before he gets with a search firm and go through that process. Stop making up stuff

Coach34
10-29-2023, 12:20 PM

Hush Chrissy.

We win 6 and Arnett will be the HC in 2024

Coach34
10-29-2023, 12:21 PM
Nope. He will not before he gets with a search firm and go through that process. Stop making up stuff

Exactly. Chrissy doesnt know anything. The Boosters have not given Selmon permission to do anything yet

BuckyIsAB****
10-29-2023, 12:37 PM
Hush Chrissy.

That is the worst possible outcome. Win the egg bowl or get out. It is the only way he can survive

Santiago
10-29-2023, 12:37 PM
Hush Chrissy.

Not winning 6, and even if we do the egg bowl will be embarrassing.
This is a very down year in the SEC, and we should no reward any group involved with our university for that.

Leeshouldveflanked
10-29-2023, 12:39 PM
Either Selmon is just bidding time until he gets back to Oklahoma or he is doing work in the background. Hopefully he is doing work in the background.

Santiago
10-29-2023, 12:40 PM
That is the worst possible outcome. Win the egg bowl or get out. It is the only way he can survive

This will be the first egg bowl since the 90's where I do not go to it or watch it. Really do not care to even see the beat down. But I would imagine some supporting this staff will show stats after the game as to how we are progressing even in a loss.

dawgday166
10-29-2023, 12:40 PM

If I'm Om's AD and Kiffen loses to this team, I fire Kiffen.

Santiago
10-29-2023, 12:42 PM
Clark Lea at Vandy is doing so much more with less talent. I looked at that game yesterday of them v ole miss and realized how much worse our game will look.

Coach34
10-29-2023, 12:51 PM

Beats Kentucky and he is back. May be back anyway

ScooterDog
10-29-2023, 12:52 PM
Ok DownwardDog, these are the names that were listed on Maroon And White Nation: Rhett Lashlee, Smu, John Sumrall, Troy, Clay Helton, Ga. Southern, Jamey Chadwell, Liberty, and GJ Kinne, Texas State. They have good resumes and we could probably afford any one of them. What do y?all think?

EdwardDrayton
10-29-2023, 12:54 PM
How long have you been hearing these voices?!!?

basedog
10-29-2023, 12:57 PM
Some big donors have gotten together about our situation, the word is out about what needs to be done, let's just say the Kentucky game is huge.

BuckyIsAB****
10-29-2023, 01:00 PM

And that will be an even worse decision than giving him the job anyway. I really believe when he first got it he was on the right track. Then some snakes slithered in his ear

BuckyIsAB****
10-29-2023, 01:00 PM
Whoever Crissy is must not be taking none of the tuff guys shit

EdwardDrayton
10-29-2023, 01:05 PM
Some big donors have gotten together about our situation, the word is out about what needs to be done, let's just say the Kentucky game is huge.

Let's play with that. Wins against KY and USM gets us to 6-5, we get blown by OM to finish 6-6, earn a ticket to the Birmingham Bowl and this staff is safe.

Yippy, can't wait for 2024.

Commercecomet24
10-29-2023, 01:16 PM

This! Smh at some people.

Santiago
10-29-2023, 01:26 PM
Let's play with that. Wins against KY and USM gets us to 6-5, we get blown by OM to finish 6-6, earn a ticket to the Birmingham Bowl and this staff is safe.

At least I can make plans for some fall travel trips elsewhere in 2024. It really does help open up the calendar.

TrapGame
10-29-2023, 01:29 PM
If Selmon hasn't gotten the ball rolling by now then he's a crappy hire too.

basedog
10-29-2023, 01:30 PM

LOL. Things will work out. I hope we beat Kentucky but I ain’t gonna bet on it. Odds are against Arnett today.

Commercecomet24
10-29-2023, 01:31 PM
If Selmon hasn't gotten the ball rolling by now then he's a crappy hire too.

Oh I guarantee you he?s making a list and doing some research but as far as contacting agents that?s not true. The money guys will have to be involved in this too. Kentucky is gonna be a big game.

DownwardDawg
10-29-2023, 01:32 PM
Ok DownwardDog, these are the names that were listed on Maroon And White Nation: Rhett Lashlee, Smu, John Sumrall, Troy, Clay Helton, Ga. Southern, Jamey Chadwell, Liberty, and GJ Kinne, Texas State. They have good resumes and we could probably afford any one of them. What do y?all think?

Thanks.
Chadwell out of that group.

TrapGame
10-29-2023, 01:35 PM
Oh I guarantee you he?s making a list and doing some research but as far as contacting agents that?s not true. The money guys will have to be involved in this too. Kentucky is gonna be a big game.

Somebody posted last night that if Kentucky beats us we'll start hearing strong rumors about moving on. I believe this will be the case.

DownwardDawg
10-29-2023, 01:36 PM

Terrible. I don't believe it. If so we're done as an SEC football program.
Doesn't matter anyway, Kentucky is going to skull drag this team.

Commercecomet24
10-29-2023, 01:37 PM
Somebody posted last night that if Kentucky beats us we'll start hearing strong rumors about moving on. I believe this will be the case.

Yeah it?s fast becoming a not well kept secret lol

MaroonFlounder
10-29-2023, 01:37 PM
Not going to happen. These kids have quit. They know better than us they have to live it every day

Can?t make a blanket statement like that. Go give Will R a hug. He will tell you you?re wrong.

Jett, Bookie, Marks, guys like that haven?t quit

BankerDog
10-29-2023, 01:38 PM

Money guys were involved in this hire. And if you guys think anything is being done without Keenum consultation y?all are crazy. There is a reason we hired a marketing and fundraising genius as our AD..Keenum believes through his connections with CFB Playoff committee he has the contacts to act as an AD too..

BankerDog
10-29-2023, 01:40 PM

No wonder I haven?t heard of Fan Side since 2011. Rhett Lashlee? Are you serious? Get out of here and get a real job..

Commercecomet24
10-29-2023, 01:42 PM
Money guys were involved in this hire. And if you guys think anything is being done without Keenum consultation y?all are crazy. There is a reason we hired a marketing and fundraising genius as our AD..Keenum believes through his connections with CFB Playoff committee he has the contacts to act as an AD too..

I never said anywhere keenum wouldn?t be involved.

BlackSailsDawg
10-29-2023, 01:43 PM
Either Selmon is just bidding time until he gets back to Oklahoma or he is doing work in the background. Hopefully he is doing work in the background.

He is. Even the Rosey is saying it. It's the game played when a coaching staff sucks and is losing the team.

BlackSailsDawg
10-29-2023, 01:44 PM

And thus the back channels. This is correct

BankerDog
10-29-2023, 01:45 PM
I never said anywhere keenum wouldn?t be involved.

I guess I should have worded differently?Selmon will be working hand and hand with Keenum and leaning on Keenum?s contacts. Keenum will have a heavy hand in this because of his position within the CFP Committee.

BlackSailsDawg
10-29-2023, 01:46 PM
LOL. Things will work out. I hope we beat Kentucky but I ain’t gonna bet on it. Odds are against Arnett today.

UK is averaging 31 points per game.

Commercecomet24
10-29-2023, 01:47 PM
I guess I should have worded differently?Selmon will be working hand and hand with Keenum and leaning on Keenum?s contacts. Keenum will have a heavy hand in this because of his position within the CFP Committee.

Yeah I would expect keenum to be involved in this. If we make a new hire it?s gonna have to be well vetted and a good one.

TrapGame
10-29-2023, 01:51 PM
Thanks.

I'm in the make Leipold say no five times camp. He would be a stellar, home run hire that would be in the Dan Mullen arena of transformation for our football program. But, I'd take Jamey Chadwell in a freaking heartbeat. That little dude can coach his ass off and he knows how to build a program.

TrapGame
10-29-2023, 01:52 PM
UK is averaging 31 points per game.

LOL.

And that's on way better defenses than ours.

99jc
10-29-2023, 02:08 PM

How do you know do you have a wiretap on his phone. you don't know shit either!

viverlibre
10-29-2023, 02:09 PM
I think we finish 6-6 with a bowl and Arnett is back.

If for whatever reason he's not, we have to consider the buyout of the next coach.

So, $15 mil + to buy our or current staff, then likely $25 mil or more to buy out Chadwell or Leipold plus $6 mil +/year for either of those.

I'd talk to Urban first (he probably won't take it, but there'd be no buyout). Next, I strongly consider Tom Herman, his buyout can't be much and He'd probably settle for $4mil/year. Clay Helton has similar success to Herman, but gets no love.

An assistant with no HC experience is just too risky, we have not bottomed out yet (unlike under Croom), a good coach can come in win 7 next year.

BlackSailsDawg
10-29-2023, 02:11 PM
I'm in the make Leopold say no five times camp. He would be a stellar, home run hire that would be in the Dan Mullen arena of transformation for our football program. But, I'd take Jamey Chadwell in a freaking heartbeat. That little dude can coach his ass off and he knows how to build a program.

Leipold is the top candidate for Mich St. Not saying we should not go to war with them over it, but...

BlackSailsDawg
10-29-2023, 02:13 PM
I think we finish 6-6 with a bowl and Arnett is back.

If for whatever reason he's not, we have to consider the buyout of the next coach.

So, $15 mil + to buy our or current staff, then likely $25 mil or more to buy out Chadwell or Leipold plus $6 mil +/year for either of those.

I'd talk to Urban first (he probably won't take it, but there'd be no buyout). Next, I strongly consider Tom Herman, his buyout can't be much and He'd probably settle for $4mil/year. Clay Helton has similar success to Herman, but gets no love.

An assistant with no HC experience is just too risky, we have not bottomed out yet (unlike under Croom), a good coach can come in win 7 next year.

We don't owe our current staff 15 million.

viverlibre
10-29-2023, 02:17 PM
We don't owe our current staff 15 million.

How much?

HancockCountyDog
10-29-2023, 02:18 PM

The defense didn?t quit in the second half, the Offense was just awful.

sandjunky
10-29-2023, 02:20 PM

May not of quit but AU took their foot off the pedal for 2nd half and went vanilla

dawgday166
10-29-2023, 02:23 PM
May not of quit but AU took their foot off the pedal for 2nd half and went vanilla

This right here. Freeze didn't want his QB to make mistakes and lose game for them.

We had 122 yds of O at halftime. AU played to hold lead in 2nd half.

TNDawg35
10-29-2023, 02:23 PM
Some of y’all Need to remember who we are here. We have no shot at a big time coach like Liepold or Urban. Tom Herman, Chadwell, and Fritz would be my first calls. Then I would shoot the stuff with Lebby. If all else fails, you go hire Briles. Everyone hates us anyway, why not give them the reason.

We just better hope Ark keeps Pittman another year, Jimbo stays, and no other “surprises” come up. We won’t get who we want over Ark nor A&M.

Mjoelner34
10-29-2023, 02:24 PM
..... If for whatever reason he's not, we have to consider the buyout of the next coach.

I'd talk to Urban first (he probably won't take it, but there'd be no buyout). Next, I strongly consider Tom Herman, his buyout can't be much and He'd probably settle for $4mil/year. ......

I saw someone mention the Leo Seal money last night. I had totally forgotten about that. I wonder if it could be used to pay the buyout of a coach we were after? What I was told about it was: 1. It is specifically earmarked for our head football coach. 2. It is to buy him out if we're ready to move on or to pay what we need to keep him if he is looking around and we want him to stay. Anything as far as funding for a new coach wasn't mentioned. I know that none of us know for certain if this even exists but at the time it got started, I heard it from a person who was a head coach (not football obviously) at MSU at that time. This person told me that they (higher ups in the athletic department) were keeping a tight lip on the amount but they had heard numbers from $75 million on the low end up to $135 million on the high end floating around the offices. It was a couple of weeks later that I heard Greg Byrne say in an interview "If a football coach ever leaves Mississippi State, it won't be because of money."

RockyDog
10-29-2023, 02:24 PM

Then if they have quit 8 games into an SEC season they need to be flushed with the rest of the turds and they can join you and your hero at WKU next season

TNDawg35
10-29-2023, 02:26 PM

Tulu sure as hell did. He looked like he could careless… Why are we not letting him run the ball out 1 or 2 yards deep. What the hell we got to loose. That’s my problem. We act like we are scared shitless. We can’t stop anyone, we can’t score, and we won’t let our biggest playmaker make a play…

We have a team who plays like Pedro Cerano in ML2. NO MARBLES!!!

BlackSailsDawg
10-29-2023, 02:33 PM
Some of y’all Need to remember who we are here. We have no shot at a big time coach like Liepold or Urban. Tom Herman, Chadwell, and Fritz would be my first calls. Then I would shoot the stuff with Lebby. If all else fails, you go hire Briles. Everyone hates us anyway, why not give them the reason.

We just better hope Ark keeps Pittman another year, Jimbo stays, and no other “surprises” come up. We won’t get who we want over Ark nor A&M.

That's why you do it now and not next year. Pittman and Jimbo seem to be in position to get 1 more year. Wait until they are looking and we are screwed.

BlackSailsDawg
10-29-2023, 02:35 PM
Tulu sure as hell did. He looked like he could careless… Why are we not letting him run the ball out 1 or 2 yards deep. What the hell we got to loose. That’s my problem. We act like we are scared shitless. We can’t stop anyone, we can’t score, and we won’t let our biggest playmaker make a play…

We have a team who plays like Pedro Cerano in ML2. NO MARBLES!!!

He's frustrated by the season results and those results are due to the system

sandjunky
10-29-2023, 02:43 PM
More so the inability to coach than the system that is being used

preachermatt83
10-29-2023, 02:45 PM
Y’all can mark Jamey Chadwell off the list. Leipold as well.

BlackSailsDawg
10-29-2023, 02:57 PM
How much?

We owe him 50% of the remaining $$ on the contract minus whatever his pay is at his next stop. There will be 9 million left on the contract or which we will pay 4.5 of. That will be paid out over 3 or 4 years, not lump sum.

So on 4 years pay out, that's 1.125 Million per year minus his new job pay. We can assume he will actively seek a job and most likely make around 400K and up. That puts us around roughly 750K for 4 years.

Todd4State
10-29-2023, 03:01 PM
I saw someone mention the Leo Seal money last night. I had totally forgotten about that. I wonder if it could be used to pay the buyout of a coach we were after? What I was told about it was: 1. It is specifically earmarked for our head football coach. 2. It is to buy him out if we're ready to move on or to pay what we need to keep him if he is looking around and we want him to stay. Anything as far as funding for a new coach wasn't mentioned. I know that none of us know for certain if this even exists but at the time it got started, I heard it from a person who was a head coach (not football obviously) at MSU at that time. This person told me that they (higher ups in the athletic department) were keeping a tight lip on the amount but they had heard numbers from $75 million on the low end up to $135 million on the high end floating around the offices. It was a couple of weeks later that I heard Greg Byrne say in an interview "If a football coach ever leaves Mississippi State, it won't be because of money."

It's more about making sure the major boosters are somewhat on the same page especially in this NIL era.

The Arnett group that put him in charge seem to floating out excuses already- "we had no choice", "Leach didn't recruit nevermind we hired Arnett and the previous staff to keep our recruiting class together" etc.

Which actually tells me they see what is going to happen because they're starting to cover their ass.

Todd4State
10-29-2023, 03:03 PM
Then if they have quit 8 games into an SEC season they need to be flushed with the rest of the turds and they can join you and your hero at WKU next season

Or maybe we could fire the poor leadership that the boosters brought in that started this shit in the first place?

They aren't going to became better coaches with the JUCO All Star team they're trying to bring in.

BlackSailsDawg
10-29-2023, 03:10 PM
It's more about making sure the major boosters are somewhat on the same page especially in this NIL era.

The Arnett group that put him in charge seem to floating out excuses already- "we had no choice", "Leach didn't recruit nevermind we hired Arnett and the previous staff to keep our recruiting class together" etc.

Which actually tells me they see what is going to happen because they're starting to cover their ass.

That's some truth. "We had to act because they were poaching our talent!" and now "We don't have talent!".

Really Clark?
10-29-2023, 03:18 PM

There is some of that, sure but there wasn't a group of Arnett backers. There wasn't a division among the boosters about who to hire. There wasn't a group pushing for someone else at the time. The biggest question was do we just keep the interim tag on CZA or name him our head coach or do we wait to do a national search with a new AD. The Dec signing day made the timetable short and interim tag or if it was known that we will be doing a search in Jan would have impacted that and the Feb class. Right or wrong, at the time that was the biggest focus.

Todd4State
10-29-2023, 03:35 PM
There is some of that, sure but there wasn't a group of Arnett backers. There wasn't a division among the boosters about who to hire. There wasn't a group pushing for someone else at the time. The biggest question was do we just keep the interim tag on CZA or name him our head coach or do we wait to do a national search with a new AD. The Dec signing day made the timetable short and interim tag or if it was known that we will be doing a search in Jan would have impacted that and the Feb class. Right or wrong, at the time that was the biggest focus.

So you're telling me that Keenum made this decision on his own and just happened to hire all of the boosters friends?

We absolutely could and should have waited.

If we had a top 10 class like Ole Miss has with Nkemdiche and etc. then yeah- I get it. There is another signing day in February. Not ideal but at least we could have had more clarity for everyone. Keeping Leach's recruits and then going to ground and pound they're just going to transfer out anyway so what's the point?

Also our boosters aren't the most organized. I'm sure that some acted on their own and there are several individual groups of major boosters.

They just need to donate money and stay the hell out of the way with football coach hires.

Todd4State
10-29-2023, 03:36 PM
And I'll add that the contract that Keenum gave Arnett says he didn't have a lot of faith in him from the start.

StarkVegasSteve
10-29-2023, 03:37 PM
How much?

All the contracts have offsets and can be paid out in increments. At most we would be paying 2.25-2.5 per year for a couple of years.

CoachT14
10-29-2023, 03:48 PM

You?ll hope and pray he is even if it?s a detriment to the future of the program.

You hob knobbing with the staff > a good football program.

Really Clark?
10-29-2023, 04:05 PM
So you're telling me that Keenum made this decision on his own and just happened to hire all of the boosters friends?

We absolutely could and should have waited.

If we had a top 10 class like Ole Miss has with Nkemdiche and etc. then yeah- I get it. There is another signing day in February. Not ideal but at least we could have had more clarity for everyone. Keeping Leach's recruits and then going to ground and pound they're just going to transfer out anyway so what's the point?

Also our boosters aren't the most organized. I'm sure that some acted on their own and there are several individual groups of major boosters.

They just need to donate money and stay the hell out of the way with football coach hires.

I didn't say that, Keenum didn't make the decision on his own. Where you get that from my post? But there wasn't this group of just Arnett backers either. That was what you were making it sound like. That's all I was saying. And they were on the same page on what to do at the time.

For example, when we hired Cohen and how it came about, now you definitely had boosters divided significantly about that. Damn near a coup. Or when Stricklin went on his own hiring Rick Ray, there was boosters divided on that. Last Dec was not like that at all, there wasn't this division among the boosters about what to do, other than the question they all had that I posted.

KB21
10-29-2023, 04:15 PM

Or so you hope so your idiot buddy can keep his job.

Offshore Dawg
10-29-2023, 04:30 PM
Or maybe we could fire the poor leadership that the boosters brought in that started this shit in the first place?

They aren't going to became better coaches with the JUCO All Star team they're trying to bring in.

Did not work out very well for the Kang !!

RiverCityDawg
10-29-2023, 04:34 PM
I'm in the make Leipold say no five times camp. He would be a stellar, home run hire that would be in the Dan Mullen arena of transformation for our football program. But, I'd take Jamey Chadwell in a freaking heartbeat. That little dude can coach his ass off and he knows how to build a program.

Leipold would say no 100 times but sure might as well ask at least 5 times. Heckuva coach.

I'm not sure Chadwell would be an instant winner but by year 2 he would have his offense clicking and we would beat all these SC/Ark/Auburn teams like a drum. Not sure about his ceiling, but I think he has the lowest floor of everyone we could maybe get, by far. Kind of like Leach in that way.

BigDawg81
10-29-2023, 05:07 PM
We are preparing to make a move barring a turn a complete turn around of the season. Yea, not buying it.

BuckyIsAB****
10-29-2023, 05:10 PM
Can?t make a blanket statement like that. Go give Will R a hug. He will tell you you?re wrong.

Jett, Bookie, Marks, guys like that haven?t quit

Yeah culture is great I?m just making it up. Results clearly say im wrong

BuckyIsAB****
10-29-2023, 05:12 PM

They were lied to by yours

Santiago
10-29-2023, 05:18 PM

How much push did Arnett have to change his public statements from "thanks for the job and I won't change much" to going on what looks like an agenda. I was always frustrated with that because he knew nothing about offense and as a new HC was out there dismantling and hiring OL coaches before even hiring a new OC. At that point it seemed like he was being controlled by others.

Turfdawg67
10-29-2023, 05:22 PM
Just bring in Art Briles and be done with it... he can turn it around fast and I'm okay with probation in 3-4 years. :cool:

Cooterpoot
10-29-2023, 05:26 PM
https://x.com/mikegittens/status/1718730665691172977?s=46&t=DPY_VcfFmSPw9dXQvV6jlQ

Per a source, Auburn's defense caught on to Mississippi State's offensive calls early in Saturday's game. Any call that started with a certain letter was a run play and they figured it out by the second quarter. MSU kept on doing it. #auburnfootball @thewarrapport

We're a bad high school team. This staff is so far gone.

BeardoMSU
10-29-2023, 05:29 PM
Just bring in Art Briles and be done with it... he can turn it around fast and I'm okay with probation in 3-4 years. :cool:

How would he turn it around fast? Guarantee that all recruits' sexual assaults would be summarily overlooked by the staff? JFC, guys...

Santiago
10-29-2023, 05:29 PM
https://x.com/mikegittens/status/1718730665691172977?s=46&t=DPY_VcfFmSPw9dXQvV6jlQ

Per a source, Auburn's defense caught on to Mississippi State's offensive calls early in Saturday's game. Any call that started with a certain letter was a run play and they figured it out by the second quarter. MSU kept on doing it. #auburnfootball @thewarrapport

The thread itself is funny

gtowndawg
10-29-2023, 06:03 PM

We're 2A offensive coordinator bad....

Really Clark?
10-29-2023, 06:06 PM
How much push did Arnett have to change his public statements from "thanks for the job and I won't change much" to going on what looks like an agenda. I was always frustrated with that because he knew nothing about offense and as a new HC was out there dismantling and hiring OL coaches before even hiring a new OC. At that point it seemed like he was being controlled by others.

I know this is a big sticking point for you and I won't be able to change your mind but that statement was a lot more innocent than you you think when he made it. But it came back to bite him. We had interest from Briles as OC, he had to go through that process with someone at that level and name recognition. Once Briles was out, then it was who could we get. I know you think we should have kept someone on staff as OC, I disagree and think going outside of our staff was the option. I love Miller as an OL coach but not as an OC. I will be surprised if he ever an OC at a P5 school. But if you remember he stayed on staff even after Briles was out on 1/6 until 1/20 (that was when Schmidt was hired) and when Barbay was hired on 1/12, so he was there for a week with him. After Briles everything inside the building was shut down, no info was getting out. If there was some sort of change of philosophy inside the war room or if the actual candidates we had shots with changed his course about the type of OC to hire, we will never really know. Was he getting pushed by others to go a certain way or was the actual candidates leading him down that path? I think it may be a little bit of both as the few candidates names we did get were not that great. But that statement he originally made was honest at the time, but it came back to bite him.

Santiago
10-29-2023, 06:22 PM
I know this is a big sticking point for you and I won't be able to change your mind but that statement was a lot more innocent than you you think when he made it. But it came back to bite him. We had interest from Briles as OC, he had to go through that process with someone at that level and name recognition. Once Briles was out, then it was who could we get. I know you think we should have kept someone on staff as OC, I disagree and think going outside of our staff was the option. I love Miller as an OL coach but not as an OC. I will be surprised if he ever an OC at a P5 school. But if you remember he stayed on staff even after Briles was out on 1/6 until 1/20 (that was when Schmidt was hired) and when Barbay was hired on 1/12, so he was there for a week with him. After Briles everything inside the building was shut down, no info was getting out. If there was some sort of change of philosophy inside the war room or if the actual candidates we had shots with changed his course about the type of OC to hire, we will never really know. Was he getting pushed by others to go a certain way or was the actual candidates leading him down that path? I think it may be a little bit of both as the few candidates names we did get were not that great. But that statement he originally made was honest at the time, but it came back to bite him.

I think more when he reiterated this season with SEC Network guys why he went away from it all, the reason about TOP just sounded like a lie and that we are not smart enough to see it. It then sounded like just this all was adding up in a weird way.
I thought Miller as an OL coach, deserved a chance to stay, just due to circumstances in a very unusual transition year.

Really Clark?
10-29-2023, 06:37 PM
I think more when he reiterated this season with SEC Network guys why he went away from it all, the reason about TOP just sounded like a lie and that we are not smart enough to see it. It then sounded like just this all was adding up in a weird way.
I thought Miller as an OL coach, deserved a chance to stay, just due to circumstances in a very unusual transition year.

I would have been fine with Miller staying. Thought he may at one point.

I don't think he was trying to lie in regards to TOP overall, just that we had winnable games where the TOP was lopsided against our defense. Like the Kentucky game last year it was back and forth until late in the 4th quarter but the TOP was 20 min to Kentucky favor. It very unusual to have a tight game with your defense out there 2/3rds of the game like that. And the defensive Pick 6 helped keep it close too. That got it back to 20-17. But you could how tired the defense was late in that game. I wouldn't have referenced TOP, overall it's mostly a useless stat. But maybe he was trying to defend it at the time, not a great defense to me personally.

DownwardDawg
10-29-2023, 07:17 PM
I'm gonna laugh so hard if we fire Arnett, make what everyone thinks is a home run hire, and he talks Will into staying another year and wins 8 games next year with Will as the starting QB. That would make me smile.

the_real_MSU_is_us
10-29-2023, 07:47 PM
Hush Chrissy.

FINALLY you make a concrete prediction. Will revisit this after we lose to Kentucky and go 5-7 and fire Arnett

BlackSailsDawg
10-29-2023, 07:55 PM

You know, I would love to be able to say that none of that matters.

But it does!

This can not happen again. So we need to know

viverlibre
10-29-2023, 08:03 PM
We owe him 50% of the remaining $$ on the contract minus whatever his pay is at his next stop. There will be 9 million left on the contract or which we will pay 4.5 of. That will be paid out over 3 or 4 years, not lump sum.

So on 4 years pay out, that's 1.125 Million per year minus his new job pay. We can assume he will actively seek a job and most likely make around 400K and up. That puts us around roughly 750K for 4 years.

So we owe him $4.5 mil, how much (if any) do we owe assistants? I know some OCs and DCs have multiyear contacts, still probably would be but a $1 mil or so.

viverlibre
10-29-2023, 08:05 PM
So we owe him $4.5 mil, how much (if any) do we owe assistants? I know some OCs and DCs have multiyear contacts, still probably would be but a $1 mil or so.

I feel good that is less than $6mil total.

BlackSailsDawg
10-29-2023, 08:07 PM

Honestly, I have not seen anything on their contracts.

RezDog7
10-29-2023, 08:09 PM

We aint beating nobody other than maybe USM.

Todd4State
10-29-2023, 08:14 PM

So we put all of our eggs in Kendall Brile's basket- which is not a good way to do business. We could have easily hired Ben Arbuckle and we would be much better now on offense and the transition would have been much easier and the offense would have been modernized. But nope- we decided he was too young so we hired the 40 year old with 2 years of OC experience and that's giving Barbay a lot of credit when I say that.

Todd4State
10-29-2023, 08:19 PM
I didn't say that, Keenum didn't make the decision on his own. Where you get that from my post? But there wasn't this group of just Arnett backers either. That was what you were making it sound like. That's all I was saying. And they were on the same page on what to do at the time.

For example, when we hired Cohen and how it came about, now you definitely had boosters divided significantly about that. Damn near a coup. Or when Stricklin went on his own hiring Rick Ray, there was boosters divided on that. Last Dec was not like that at all, there wasn't this division among the boosters about what to do, other than the question they all had that I posted.

There may not have been a unified group. I don't doubt that. But their overall group decision was no doubt influenced by making sure some of their friends got jobs on staff.

Best way to do that is to hire a coach who doesn't have a staff that he has been working with for some time. Hence the rush to hire Arnett. And then use the "we gotta keep the recruiting class together" excuse as justification for their decision.

The contract that Keenum gave Arnett tells me he suspected what they were doing all along and knew it wasn't likely to work.

And now they're using the "well we don't have talent because Leach didn't recruit well" excuse to try to deflect from their poor decisions.

dawgday166
10-29-2023, 08:20 PM
So we put all of our eggs in Kendall Brile's basket- which is not a good way to do business. We could have easily hired Ben Arbuckle and we would be much better now on offense and the transition would have been much easier and the offense would have been modernized. But nope- we decided he was too young so we hired the 40 year old with 2 years of OC experience and that's giving Barbay a lot of credit when I say that.

At 2 different schools. I never understood this hire but said "Hell ... Zach the HC now, it's his team". Not sure how you can evaluate an SEC OC position hire based off of just 2 years experience at non-P5 schools.

Barbay's resume way less impressive than JoMo's was (if you really looked at JoMo's). And he's going from Central Mich & App State to the SEC. That's a high risk hire IMO.

ETA: My gut feel now is Zach was talked into this cause others wanted to have a lot of say in running the offense, and a relatively young, inexperienced coordinator can be manipulated better than someone who'd been around the block a time or two and would tell the people in his ear to STFU. I also think that's exactly what we're seeing now with this offense.

basedog
10-29-2023, 08:26 PM
There may not have been a unified group. I don't doubt that. But their overall group decision was no doubt influenced by making sure some of their friends got jobs on staff.

Best way to do that is to hire a coach who doesn't have a staff that he has been working with for some time. Hence the rush to hire Arnett. And then use the "we gotta keep the recruiting class together" excuse as justification for their decision.

The contract that Keenum gave Arnett tells me he suspected what they were doing all along and knew it wasn't likely to work.

And now they're using the "well we don't have talent because Leach didn't recruit well" excuse to try to deflect from their poor decisions.

Our hiring process has been a mystery for years it seems. By far the best hire over the last couple decades was Greg Byrne. He had a vision, plus his “sack” was huge when he fired Polk.

Really Clark?
10-29-2023, 08:34 PM

Arbuckle is getting beat up in the PAC-12. Would have been worse in the SEC. They are 10th in conference scoring (22.4) which is down from 7th in the league last season (28.2 ppg). And he doesn't have losing his starting QB as an excuse. So no, he wasn't a good option.

Dikert shines is off to after last night losing to 1-6 AZ St. They have lost 4 in a row, averaging 18.5 points per game on offense. There defense is worse this year too.

Really Clark?
10-29-2023, 08:36 PM
Our hiring process has been a mystery for years it seems. By far the best hire over the last couple decades was Greg Byrne. He had a vision, plus his “sack” was huge when he fired Polk.

I do agree that Byrne was good, and there is a reason he is at Bama.

Todd4State
10-29-2023, 08:37 PM
At 2 different schools. I never understood this hire but said "Hell ... Zach the HC now, it's his team". Not sure how you can evaluate an SEC OC position hire based off of just 2 years experience at non-P5 schools.

Barbay's resume way less impressive than JoMo's was (if you really looked at JoMo's). And he's going from Central Mich & App State to the SEC. That's a high risk hire IMO.

ETA: My gut feel now is Zach was talked into this cause others wanted to have a lot of say in running the offense, and a relatively young, inexperienced coordinator can be manipulated better than someone who'd been around the block a time or two and would tell the people in his ear to STFU. I also think that's exactly what we're seeing now with this offense.

They also offered a few million dollars. I don't blame him for taking the job. I would have done the same.

I agree with you about the offense. Arnett came out and said he was going to be hands off with that side of the ball. And Barbay has a rumored history of being meddled with at other stops. He just doesn't strike me as being very assertive. Essentially he was Florida's Brad Peterson just 5 years ago.

Todd4State
10-29-2023, 08:38 PM

That was a huge move. And then the backlash that followed for years after that was ugly. It was the right move though- and a big reason why we have a National Championship.

Really Clark?
10-29-2023, 08:41 PM

There may be some that thought that way in a secondary way but at the time the main question was what decision left the best stability for the program, current players and the upcoming signing class, especially the Dec signing class. That was the main focus. And it did help at the time, it worked. Now once Jan rolled in, was there some who recommended to admin - coaches someone or floated some names to consider. I can't say that didn't happen? I also can't say that doesn't always happen anyway at all schools.

Todd4State
10-29-2023, 08:43 PM
Arbuckle is getting beat up in the PAC-12. Would have been worse in the SEC. They are 10th in conference scoring (22.4) which is down from 7th in the league last season (28.2 ppg). And he doesn't have losing his starting QB as an excuse. So no, he wasn't a good option.

Dikert shines is off to after last night losing to 1-6 AZ St. They have lost 4 in a row, averaging 18.5 points per game on offense. There defense is worse this year too.

Their loss to Arizona is an outlier. They beat a solid Wisconsin team and that school has the fewest resources in the PAC 12. I think they could make a run with Stanford, Cal, and Colorado at home. They won't beat Washington but I definitely think they trend up some.

basedog
10-29-2023, 08:48 PM
That was a huge move. And then the backlash that followed for years after that was ugly. It was the right move though- and a big reason why we have a National Championship.

It’s just weird with some of the hiring process and dismissals with this coaching staff. No doubt we put lip stick on a pigs lips.

Really Clark?
10-29-2023, 08:50 PM
Their loss to Arizona is an outlier. They beat a solid Wisconsin team and that school has the fewest resources in the PAC 12. I think they could make a run with Stanford, Cal, and Colorado at home. They won't beat Washington but I definitely think they trend up some.

You mean AZ St? They only scored 6 points in their loss again at Arizona...the team we beat. Remember. They scored 6 points against Arizona. I don't know which game you are trying to defend? But Imagine if CZA at 4-4, their same record as ours, just lost to a 1-6 team and losing 4 in a row. There is no freaking way you would have defended that in any shape or form. But you are going defend Arbuckle???? Dude come on now, I know you would be raising hell over that and would be done with Arbuckle if he was here doing that.

Todd4State
10-29-2023, 08:50 PM
There may be some that thought that way in a secondary way but at the time the main question was what decision left the best stability for the program, current players and the upcoming signing class, especially the Dec signing class. That was the main focus. And it did help at the time, it worked. Now once Jan rolled in, was there some who recommended to admin - coaches someone or floated some names to consider. I can't say that didn't happen? I also can't say that doesn't always happen anyway at all schools.

We had time. We hired Leach in January after firing Moorhead. I get the December signing date issue. I get the keep Tulu and Zavion issues. But sometimes you can't keep everyone happy and the reality is in trying to do so now no one is happy.

And likely we're going to end up doing what we should have done last year anyway- it's just that we threw away a year in the process.

I disagreed with how we handled it in December and I certainly disagree with it now. The double talk of "we're not going too far away from the Air Raid" hasn't helped either. Everything just felt very shady. And now that it's not working a lot of fans aren't going to give the staff much leeway because of how they handled everything.

THE Bruce Dickinson
10-29-2023, 08:54 PM
If this is true, I say Willie fritz is the favorite.

Im with you.

Todd4State
10-29-2023, 08:55 PM
You mean AZ St? They only scored 6 points in their loss again at Arizona...the team we beat. Remember. They scored 6 points against Arizona. I don't know which game you are trying to defend? But Imagine if CZA at 4-4, their same record as ours, just lost to a 1-6 team and losing 4 in a row. There is no freaking way you would have defended that in any shape or form. But you are going defend Arbuckle???? Dude come on now, I know you would be raising hell over that and would be done with Arbuckle if he was here doing that.

No- Arizona where they scored 6 points. We have more talent that Washington State. Arbuckle has nothing to do with their defense.

They scored 17 on UCLA who is allowing 15 PPG
35 on Oregon State who is allowing 21 PPG
24 on Oregon who is allowing 15.6
27 on Arizona State who is allowing 26.5 PPG

In other words he is consistently scoring more than his opponents typically allow. Except for Arizona obviously.

Really Clark?
10-29-2023, 09:00 PM
We had time. We hired Leach in January after firing Moorhead. I get the December signing date issue. I get the keep Tulu and Zavion issues. But sometimes you can't keep everyone happy and the reality is in trying to do so now no one is happy.

And likely we're going to end up doing what we should have done last year anyway- it's just that we threw away a year in the process.

I disagreed with how we handled it in December and I certainly disagree with it now. The double talk of "we're not going too far away from the Air Raid" hasn't helped either. Everything just felt very shady. And now that it's not working a lot of fans aren't going to give the staff much leeway because of how they handled everything.

Well I can't disagree with the thought that you make the best hire, recruiting and current players trying to keep them...in the end that isn't as important as getting the right coach. But I also can't say they didn't make the best for us at the time, since it worked in the moment. Also, nobody has had to go through that. There was no good blueprint or even advice you could get elsewhere. So I could see why and understood it. But normally I agree, keeping a coach for a recruiting class is not the best idea. In this circumstance? I can't say it wasn't the best idea at the time. But here we are, make the best decision we can going forward. Next weekend is most likely the deciding factor. I don't see an easier win outside of USM.

BlackSailsDawg
10-29-2023, 09:04 PM

Yeah, his lack of experience in the system he is trying to teach and the fact of others in the room during the interview like Friend.... I can agree with that.

Really Clark?
10-29-2023, 09:05 PM
No- Arizona where they scored 6 points. We have more talent that Washington State. Arbuckle has nothing to do with their defense.

They scored 17 on UCLA who is allowing 15 PPG
35 on Oregon State who is allowing 21 PPG
24 on Oregon who is allowing 15.6
27 on Arizona State who is allowing 26.5 PPG

In other words he is consistently scoring more than his opponents typically allow. Except for Arizona obviously.

If he was here and we just lost our 4th in a row scoring 18.5 ppg, you would be nuclear. Against the defense and the offense. Come on, I've seen you do it too many times my friend!! Lol

CadaverDawg
10-29-2023, 09:08 PM
Gotta say, IF it was 100% factual knowledge that a loss to Kentucky would get us a new coaching staff, I would be cheering for the Blue. Our program feels like it's wobbling in a very vulnerable place right now, and if we don't get things righted quickly, there will be a mass exodus and we will be battling Vandy for the foreseeable future for the cellar. Zach got thrust into a tough spot following a Legend, and did himself no favors....and hopefully he'll earn himself another shot in the future somewhere....but it's just not going to work here.

And please, No More Defensive Minded Head Coaches at MSU.

DownwardDawg
10-29-2023, 09:39 PM
Gotta say, IF it was 100% factual knowledge that a loss to Kentucky would get us a new coaching staff, I would be cheering for the Blue. Our program feels like it's wobbling in a very vulnerable place right now, and if we don't get things righted quickly, there will be a mass exodus and we will be battling Vandy for the foreseeable future for the cellar. Zach got thrust into a tough spot following a Legend, and did himself no favors....and hopefully he'll earn himself another shot in the future somewhere....but it's just not going to work here.

And please, No More Defensive Minded Head Coaches at MSU.
I'm with you.

Todd4State
10-29-2023, 10:17 PM
If he was here and we just lost our 4th in a row scoring 18.5 ppg, you would be nuclear. Against the defense and the offense. Come on, I've seen you do it too many times my friend!! Lol

With Arbuckle I'm only concerned about offensive performance. Their defense has melted down lately and that's not on him. He has an offense that is top 40 right now.

If we were losing four in a row like that I would be going nuclear on the defensive coach.

Really Clark?
10-29-2023, 10:31 PM
With Arbuckle I'm only concerned about offensive performance. Their defense has melted down lately and that's not on him. He has an offense that is top 40 right now.

If we were losing four in a row like that I would be going nuclear on the defensive coach.

His offense is 87th nationally in scoring in conference games right now. South Carolina is ranked right above him in conference game scoring. He has 4 games left to correct it but he is a TD worse than the previous OC and 87th nationally.

CaptainObvious
10-29-2023, 10:45 PM
Wow! We argue more about who we DONT want then who we DO want!

Who is the guy who has the BEST chance to turn this cow turd into a Filet and would come to Starkville, MS. For $5 million?

EdwardDrayton
10-29-2023, 10:48 PM
Wow! We argue more about who we DONT want then who we DO want!

Who is the guy who has the BEST chance to turn this cow turd into a Filet and would come to Starkville, MS. For $5 million?

Up it to $7.5 million and let's have a completely different conversation. Do we really want to be an SEC program.

Todd4State
10-30-2023, 01:36 AM
His offense is 87th nationally in scoring in conference games right now. South Carolina is ranked right above him in conference game scoring. He has 4 games left to correct it but he is a TD worse than the previous OC and 87th nationally.

That's a bit nitpicky. Especially since he has a win over Wisconsin.

Their last OC is the HC at North Texas and he is really good too- Eric Morris. They actually lead the American in PPG right now but he needs to figure out his defense. He's in year one. He would be on my list but I just need to see more from him as a HC but I would love to have him as an OC but it's not realistic to hire him away from a job where he is the head coach.

Gypsy_RoadDawg
10-30-2023, 07:26 AM
If I'm Om's AD and Kiffen loses to this team, I fire Kiffen.

About this time last year, Kiffin got distracted and started job hunting. We can only hope the same happening this year. I think Kiffin is focused, and we have no chance of that happening again.

Turfdawg67
10-30-2023, 07:31 AM
Up it to $7.5 million and let's have a completely different conversation. Do we really want to be an SEC program.

Yeah, but do we have a Target yet?

Gypsy_RoadDawg
10-30-2023, 07:32 AM
And that will be an even worse decision than giving him the job anyway. I really believe when he first got it he was on the right track. Then some snakes slithered in his ear

As a DC, Arnett was fired up always showing a lot of emotion on the sidelines. Now as HC, he seems to be the polar opposite.

paverdog
10-30-2023, 08:09 AM
As a DC, Arnett was fired up always showing a lot of emotion on the sidelines. Now as HC, he seems to be the polar opposite.

Avery big difference in his actions on the sidelines this year and it just seems, he's not sure of himself. Just standing with his arms folded and listening to that old guy in his ear is just disappointing. By being fired up on the sidelines the way he was doing will definitely fire the players up more and have a winning mind set.

defiantdog
10-30-2023, 08:20 AM
Selmon isn't putting out "feelers" yet. But there are some friends threatening to hold off sending money unless a change is made. All talks are internal, no one is talking to agents yet.

TrapGame
10-30-2023, 08:25 AM
I hear Rosebowl is now not so sure about Arnett's future.

The plot thickens.

StarkVegasSteve
10-30-2023, 08:30 AM
I hear Rosebowl is now not so sure about Arnett's future.

The plot thickens.

Shocker. He is now walking back his Arnett is definitely staying statement. He has as much of a clue as any of us. His sources dried up when John Cohen left.

BlackSailsDawg
10-30-2023, 08:34 AM
Shocker. He is now walking back his Arnett is definitely staying statement. He has as much of a clue as any of us. His sources dried up when John Cohen left.

Things have changed. Things are just bad throughout the program. Even ON3 writers are hinting

Really Clark?
10-30-2023, 08:48 AM
Selmon isn't putting out "feelers" yet. But there are some friends threatening to hold off sending money unless a change is made. All talks are internal, no one is talking to agents yet.

This^^^

Commercecomet24
10-30-2023, 08:49 AM

Yes, this is where we are right now.

StarkVegasSteve
10-30-2023, 09:04 AM
Things have changed. Things are just bad throughout the program. Even ON3 writers are hinting

Well….YEA. You did not need some inside source to tell you that. Just look at the coaches, players, anyone on the sideline and they all have the checked out look.

Cooterpoot
10-30-2023, 09:14 AM
Oh, the feelers are out starting today. That's a guarantee! And it's not just feelers, we're going to make a change barring something totally unexpected like winning multiple games. Everyone recognizes the train wreck now. It's on like a chicken bone!

BlackSailsDawg
10-30-2023, 09:41 AM
Oh, the feelers are out starting today. That's a guarantee! And it's not just feelers, we're going to make a change barring something totally unexpected like winning multiple games. Everyone recognizes the train wreck now. It's on like a chicken bone!

Yep

defiantdog
10-30-2023, 09:57 AM
The talks are internal. No one is talking outside of the organization right now.

BlackSailsDawg
10-30-2023, 10:05 AM
The talks are internal. No one is talking outside of the organization right now.

You are wrong

gtowndawg
10-30-2023, 10:09 AM
Everyone and their mother knows we need to make a change. I had two people ask me at church yesterday who I thought our next coach would be (neither are State fans). It's just an assumption at this point.

Offshore Dawg
10-30-2023, 10:12 AM
It’s just weird with some of the hiring process and dismissals with this coaching staff. No doubt we put lip stick on a pigs lips.

pigs 🐖 Azz may be closer.

Cooterpoot
10-30-2023, 10:14 AM

Not after today. Things move forward and it all starts rolling now. The gauntlet was thrown down and eyes were opened this past weekend. It's full blown Burt Stare in a couple weeks.

Dawgface
10-30-2023, 10:26 AM
Not after today. Things move forward and it all starts rolling now. The gauntlet was thrown down and eyes were opened this past weekend. It's full blown Burt Stare in a couple weeks.

I look forward to reading Bert?s insight on the situation.

BlackSailsDawg
10-30-2023, 10:31 AM

Can't happen soon enough.

StarkVegasSteve
10-30-2023, 10:34 AM
I look forward to reading Bert?s insight on the situation.

I bet Herman is already shopping for houses at Starkville CC and his wife is looking at schools. And I bet Jamey Chadwell is looking at places at Waverly and has applied for a membership.

Todd4State
10-30-2023, 10:57 AM

Only question is how the year plays out. If we pull out some miracles then I could see us keeping him with new coordinators.

I fully expect us to go 1-3 though.

Commercecomet24
10-30-2023, 11:00 AM
Only question is how the year plays out. If we pull out some miracles then I could see us keeping him with new coordinators.

Yeah if we somehow get to 6-6 and a bowl he'll get another year, but you're right, 1-3(we better at least beat usm), is the likely outcome.

TrapGame
10-30-2023, 11:07 AM
I bet Herman is already shopping for houses at Starkville CC and his wife is looking at schools. And I bet Jamey Chadwell is looking at places at Waverly and has applied for a membership.

No, bruh, Urban was seen at a local Wendy's eating a frosty with Zac. **

TrapGame
10-30-2023, 11:10 AM

Yeah if we somehow get to 6-6 and a bowl he'll get another year, but you're right, 1-3(we better at least beat usm), is the likely outcome.

If the rumors are true that we have a Moorhead situation going on I don't think Arnett survives either way.

Really Clark?
10-30-2023, 11:11 AM
We don't have a Target!! We can't any of them!!***

Really Clark?
10-30-2023, 11:12 AM

This^^^

BlackSailsDawg
10-30-2023, 11:16 AM
If the rumors are true that we have a Moorhead situation going on I don't think Arnett survives either way.

Players are not fighting each other. But they do not have confidence in the staff.

Really Clark?
10-30-2023, 11:16 AM

The players and / or parents I've spoken with are more mad, frustrated that Arnett hasn't taken control. They could be bought back in with him but it has to happen right now. Probably would be too little to late even if it does happen. It's not the whole staff that's an issue either.

Commercecomet24
10-30-2023, 11:18 AM
The players and / or parents I've spoken with are more mad, frustrated that Arnett hasn't taken control. They could be bought back in with him but it has to happen right now. Probably would be too little to late even if it does happen. It's not the whole staff that's an issue either.

This is EXACTLY what i've heard from several of the players i know.

BlackSailsDawg
10-30-2023, 11:27 AM
This^^^

Nope

Todd4State
10-30-2023, 11:28 AM
The players and / or parents I've spoken with are more mad, frustrated that Arnett hasn't taken control. They could be bought back in with him but it has to happen right now. Probably would be too little too late even if it does happen. It's not the whole staff that's an issue either.

I think a lot of it stems from things that they were told in the offseason that turned out to not be true.

If we're not up front with players and their families they're going to lose respect and confidence with the whole organization.

BlackSailsDawg
10-30-2023, 11:29 AM

It's the whole staff. We got players getting penalized for executing what they are taught. This staff is done.

Really Clark?
10-30-2023, 11:30 AM
Nope

Yep

Really Clark?
10-30-2023, 11:31 AM
It's the whole staff. We got players getting penalized for executing what they are taught. This staff is done.

No it's not the whole staff. That's directly from players.

sandjunky
10-30-2023, 11:32 AM
So to sum up the rumors?.this program needs a coffee enema ?!?

BlackSailsDawg
10-30-2023, 11:32 AM
I think a lot of it stems from things that they were told in the offseason that turned out to not be true.

If we're not up front with players and their families they're going to lose respect and confidence with the whole organization.

That's where it started. It then moved to more than that. But long story short, they know the staff has no answers.

BlackSailsDawg
10-30-2023, 11:33 AM
No it's not the whole staff. That's directly from players.

I'm coming straight from players and parents. It's the Whole staff. And yes, we do have feelers out!

HancockCountyDog
10-30-2023, 11:35 AM
What is funny is that if we beat UK this weekend, he is 100% not getting fired.

Activated Alpha
10-30-2023, 11:36 AM

Which is a clear indication Coach Arnett isn't ready to be HC especially at an SEC school. I appreciate everything he has done for us being a DC with Coach Leach, but why must we be the ones to have a coach "cut his teeth" as a HC?

Tater
10-30-2023, 11:37 AM
I'm coming straight from players and parents. It's the Whole staff. And yes, we do have feelers out!

No one believes you.

Commercecomet24
10-30-2023, 11:38 AM

No it's not the whole staff. That's coming straight from the players, personally. Kids that i've coached since they were 5. I don't know who you're talking too.

TrapGame
10-30-2023, 11:47 AM

Mark Stoops should be stripped naked and left at the airport if we beat Kentucky. We are a Cat 4 shit storm.

BlackSailsDawg
10-30-2023, 11:51 AM
Mark Stoops should be stripped naked and left at the airport if we beat Kentucky. We are a Cat 4 shit storm.

They are scoring 31 points per game.

BlackSailsDawg
10-30-2023, 11:51 AM
No it's not the whole staff. That's coming straight from the players, personally. Kids that i've coached since they were 5. I don't know who you're talking too.

It is the whole staff, and I have been telling you it is. Now things are becoming public.

Straight from a player and his parent on a very public board:

Everyone is mad. I think the team has been lost at this point. Never thought I would say that but yep. Sad part is the adults in charge have no idea how to fix it. Coached don't know what down it is. Snapping the ball back 7 yards on 4th and inches. Offensive play calling. Defensive personnel. Clock management. The proverbial blind leading the blind.

the defense scheme for our offense and the offense scheme for our defense is to just show up at this point. If you're watching it on TV that's a saving grace. It looks 10 times worse in person BUT, let's hope somehow someone takes the initiative to try to point this team in the right direction. I will take Rush Propst right about now.

These players know what's supposed be going on. It's almost like we're showing up to a gunfight and the players are being sent out there with buck knives.

Really Clark?
10-30-2023, 11:52 AM

No you are not. Nothing has moved outside of the building yet.

The WR's have absolutely nothing against Bump. At all. That is directly from WR's. They players don't hate the entire staff.

Commercecomet24
10-30-2023, 11:55 AM
It is the whole staff, and I have been telling you it is. Now things are becoming public.

Everyone is mad. I think the team has been lost at this point. Never thought I would say that but yep. Sad part is the adults in charge have no idea how to fix it. Coached don't know what down it is. Snapping the ball back 7 yards on 4th and inches. Offensive play calling. Defensive personnel. Clock management. The proverbial blind leading the blind.

the defense scheme for our offense and the offense scheme for our defense is to just show up at this point. If you're watching it on TV that's a saving grace. It looks 10 times worse in person BUT, let's hope somehow someone takes the initiative to try to point this team in the right direction. I will take Rush Propst right about now.

These players know what's supposed be going on. It's almost like we're showing up to a gunfight and the players are being sent out there with buck knives.

Look the teams in bad shape and I?m sure a change is coming. Yeah some players are mad 😡 and frustrated because that?s what losing does. I?ve talked to more than one player personally. Have you? Tell me how many players you?ve talked to personally. I?ll wait for your response. No it?s not the whole staff you can keep spinning that but it?s not true. We get it you hate the offense and you hate Arnett but you?re also throwing out a lot of bs and we all know it. Funny you were almost completely absent last week.

Really Clark?
10-30-2023, 11:56 AM

Lol. And he loves Bump too. Come on man.

Really Clark?
10-30-2023, 11:58 AM
Look the teams in bad shape and I?m sure a change is coming. Yeah some players are mad 😡 and frustrated because that?s what losing does. I?ve talked to more than one player personally. Have you? Tell me how many players you?ve talked to personally. I?ll wait for your response. No it?s not the whole staff you can keep spinning that but it?s not true. We get it you hate the offense and you hate Arnett but you?re also throwing out a lot of bs and we all know it. Funny you were almost completely absent last week.

This is absolutely correct!!

Coursesuper
10-30-2023, 11:58 AM

UK is a well coached fundamentally sound football team. Missippy State is not.

BlackSailsDawg
10-30-2023, 11:59 AM
No you are not. Nothing has moved outside of the building yet.

The WR's have absolutely nothing against Bump. At all. That is directly from WR's. They players don't hate the entire staff.

Man you can can try all day to tell me. You are not changing what I know. I never stated they hated the entire staff either. You are making crap up that I said to keep from addressing the issues and the point.

BlackSailsDawg
10-30-2023, 12:00 PM
Look the teams in bad shape and I?m sure a change is coming. Yeah some players are mad �� and frustrated because that?s what losing does. I?ve talked to more than one player personally. Have you? Tell me how many players you?ve talked to personally. I?ll wait for your response. No it?s not the whole staff you can keep spinning that but it?s not true. We get it you hate the offense and you hate Arnett but you?re also throwing out a lot of bs and we all know it. Funny you were almost completely absent last week.

I'm not throwing any BS. LOL! But ok.. You guys do you and it will all come out in the wash.

Commercecomet24
10-30-2023, 12:01 PM
I'm not throwing any BS. LOL! But ok.. You guys do you and it will all come out in the wash.

If you're not throwing any bs answer my question. So dude how many have you talked to personally? Answer my question.

Really Clark?
10-30-2023, 12:03 PM
Man you can can try all day to tell me. You are not changing what I know. I never stated they hated the entire staff either. You are making crap up that I said to keep from addressing the issues and the point.

You just said it man:

"It is the whole staff, and I have been telling you it is. Now things are becoming public."

"It's the whole staff. We got players getting penalized for executing what they are taught. This staff is done."

"I'm coming straight from players and parents. It's the Whole staff. And yes, we do have feelers out!"

What the actual hell? This is just the last few pages on this post. You most definitely said it was the whole staff multiple time. Come on now.

Commercecomet24
10-30-2023, 12:04 PM

You absolutely said the "whole staff". Why deny what you just said? smh

BlackSailsDawg
10-30-2023, 12:06 PM
You just said it man:

"It is the whole staff, and I have been telling you it is. Now things are becoming public."

"It's the whole staff. We got players getting penalized for executing what they are taught. This staff is done."

"I'm coming straight from players and parents. It's the Whole staff. And yes, we do have feelers out!"

What the actual hell? This is just the last few pages on this post. You most definitely said it was the whole staff multiple time. Come on now.

It is. You are talking personal feelings towards a coach. I'm talking about how this staff can not function. Like I said. You guys can do you. Doesn't matter. We are going to make changes and you guys were saying it's not happening this year. Now you have moved to "well.. it's only internal". No.

Like I said, it will all come out in the wash.

BlackSailsDawg
10-30-2023, 12:09 PM
You absolutely said the "whole staff". Why deny what you just said? smh

I never referred to the whole staff in likeability. Show the board where I stated they don't like the whole staff. You can't. Like I said, we are going to make a change and you guys can fight over who is right.

It will all come out in the wash. Continue on.

Commercecomet24
10-30-2023, 12:10 PM
It is. You are talking personal feelings towards a coach. I'm talking about how this staff can not function. Like I said. You guys can do you. Doesn't matter. We are going to make changes and you guys were saying it's not happening this year. Now you have moved to "well.. it's only internal". No.

Look everyone can see we suck right now, it's not a secret and more than likely we'll have a change. I hate losing and watching us look lost is not any fun at all.

KB21
10-30-2023, 12:10 PM
I'm getting so excited that I am about to start farting rainbows. Arnett will very soon be toast!!!

Commercecomet24
10-30-2023, 12:11 PM
I never referred to the whole staff in likeability. Show the board where I stated they don't like the whole staff. You can't. Like I said, we are going to make a change and you guys can fight over who is right.

It will all come out in the wash. Continue on.

Youre dealing in semantics now. AND you still haven't answered my question. It's what you're best at. Evading.

BlackSailsDawg
10-30-2023, 12:13 PM
Youre dealing in semantics now. AND you still haven't answered my question. It's what you're best at. Evading.

Nah. I dealing with you taking liberty with what I stated.

defiantdog
10-30-2023, 12:13 PM

It is currently internal talks only. No one has reached out to anyone yet. There is nothing in motion yet. Keenum and Selmon haven't even sat down with Arnett yet. You're taking info from other boards and turning it into your own narrative.

BrunswickDawg
10-30-2023, 12:15 PM

Whoever posted what you re-posted could have clipped that from almost any bad game we've had over the past 2 decades. Mullen was bad at clock management, played favorites with players, and rarely saw a QB under center no matter what down it was. Same could be true for JoMo and Leach. None of it is indicative of problems so severe you would fire the whole staff - it sounds like normal loser bitching. But, it gets magnified when you are performing well below expectations.

Now, what is obvious to anyone watching now is that the overall ineptitude of the staff has easily cost us 2 winnable games and that we have a serious moral problem likely due more to other issues then on petty game day management.
We all just need to take solace in the fact that it looks like wheels are turning to make a change. As a whole, the people with the right connections need to press the admin to continue down that path and do what is right for the program and not go the "poor ol' Missippi State" route.

Tater
10-30-2023, 12:18 PM

Wish he would evade this board.

Commercecomet24
10-30-2023, 12:19 PM
Nah. I dealing with you taking liberty with what I stated.

Ok got it you haven't talked to any player or coach personally and don't know any. Got it, thanks for clearing that up.

Commercecomet24
10-30-2023, 12:20 PM

I've never seen people so happy for us to play so bad so they could beat their chest and say "I told you so"

Really Clark?
10-30-2023, 12:20 PM

Wow. You are the one changing. They don't have an issue with Bump at all. They love him and they love him as their position coach. They understand that he doesn't have say so on the offense, so they have absolutely nothing against him as a coach either. That is directly from a player. Don't keep trying to play semantics, you said the whole staff when I posted they don't have an issue with the entire staff. They don't.

Coursesuper
10-30-2023, 12:21 PM
Ok got it you haven't talked to any player or coach personally and don't know any. Got it, thanks for clearing that up.

Just to let you know, Timmy Parenton just passed. Cancer finally got him.

Commercecomet24
10-30-2023, 12:22 PM
It is currently internal talks only. No one has reached out to anyone yet. There is nothing in motion yet. Keenum and Selmon haven't even sat down with Arnett yet. You're taking info from other boards and turning it into your own narrative.

Remember you're talking to someone who knows everything!

Really Clark?

This^^^

Commercecomet24

Oh no! Man that's terrible! He was such a good dude! Our paths crossed playing baseball years ago. That sucks!

Really Clark?
10-30-2023, 12:23 PM

Ah damn. Prayers to them.

Really Clark?
10-30-2023, 12:25 PM

This is the correct take. Heck, even Bucky said it wasn't the whole staff and he has had issues the entire time.

Coursesuper
10-30-2023, 12:25 PM
Oh no! Man that's terrible! He was such a good dude! Our paths crossed playing baseball years ago. That sucks!

Great dude for sure, loved that guy.

Commercecomet24
10-30-2023, 12:27 PM
Great dude for sure, loved that guy.

He sure was! Haven't talk to him in years but what a good dude! Tough as nails too!

Commercecomet24
10-30-2023, 12:43 PM
Whoever posted what you re-posted could have clipped that from almost any bad game we've had over the past 2 decades. Mullen was bad at clock management, played favorites with players, and rarely saw a QB under center no matter what down it was. Same could be true for JoMo and Leach. None of it is indicative of problems so severe you would fire the whole staff - it sounds like normal loser bitching. But, it gets magnified when you are performing well below expectations.

Now, what is obvious to anyone watching now is that the overall ineptitude of the staff has easily cost us 2 winnable games and that we have a serious moral problem likely due more to other issues then on petty game day management.
We all just need to take solace in the fact that it looks like wheels are turning to make a change. As a whole, the people with the right connections need to press the admin to continue down that path and do what is right for the program and not go the "poor ol' Missippi State" route.

Great post, as always, Bruns!

Have some rep!

Coach34
10-30-2023, 12:44 PM

You are arguing with a woman- you know that right? BS is that Chrissy Fraud beat writer person that got fired and moved somewhere. Was comparing State to Vandy on twitter and got roasted over the weekend.

Tbonewannabe
10-30-2023, 12:51 PM

Does 6-6 but a 70-0 loss in the Egg Bowl change minds?

Commercecomet24
10-30-2023, 12:52 PM
You are arguing with a woman- you know that right? BS is that Chrissy Fraud beat writer person that got fired and moved somewhere. Was comparing State to Vandy on twitter and got roasted over the weekend.

No i didn't know that but kinda makes sense now. smh.

StarkVegasSteve
10-30-2023, 12:52 PM

I just do not understand why she is SO ADAMANTLY against us. Like it is baffling that a media member is this up in arms over our program. She continues to act like we fired Leach and then pissed on his grave.

Commercecomet24
10-30-2023, 12:53 PM

I don't know but if I was the one making the decisions it would sure change mine! If that happens CZA better have an escape route planned(only half kidding)!

StarkVegasSteve
10-30-2023, 12:53 PM

I do not think it is a numbers thing anymore. I do not think it is a get to X number of wins and you are safe. I think it is show miraculous and massive improvement in the last 4 games and we can all read the writing on the wall that will not happen.

Commercecomet24
10-30-2023, 12:54 PM
I just do not understand why she is SO ADAMANTLY against us. Like it is baffling that a media member is this up in arms over our program. She continues to act like we fired Leach and then pissed on his grave.

Insane!

Commercecomet24
10-30-2023, 12:55 PM
I do not think it is a numbers thing anymore. I do not think it is a get to X number of wins and you are safe. I think it is show miraculous and massive improvement in the last 4 games and we can all read the writing on the wall that will not happen.

Yeah I can agree with this. I hope we win out but my eyes say 1-3(and we better now lose to usm).

PMDawg
10-30-2023, 01:02 PM
No one believes you.

Correct.

Todd4State
10-30-2023, 01:04 PM

The truth is always somewhere in the middle. Especially when you have 110-115 or whatever players. Not everyone is going to like the coaches or be happy with the coaches. Also at the same time not everyone is going to hate the coaches guts either.

The real issue is the coaches aren't getting the team to perform like they should for whatever reason.

Tbonewannabe
10-30-2023, 01:06 PM

That Auburn game was one of the worst coached games that I have seen and I am not an Xs and Os guy.

Watching WRs run wrong routes, blocking when the ball is thrown to them, and actually running into each other doesn't give much confidence that the players are on the same page. That isn't even talk about the Oline blocking air a whole lot or the defense being the worst in probably a decade or more with a lot of retuning players.

Also, it could just be optics but I have had conversations with not just MSU fans about Arnett on the sideline looking like he is counting down minutes to leave. It very much looks like he has zero interest in the football game being played.

PMDawg

Also correct.

Really Clark?
The truth is always somewhere in the middle. Especially when you have 110-115 or whatever players. Not everyone is going to like the coaches or be happy with the coaches. Also at the same time not everyone is going to hate the coaches guts either.

The real issue is the coaches aren't getting the team to perform like they should for whatever reason.

I agree with that

Commercecomet24
10-30-2023, 01:08 PM

100%.

sandjunky
10-30-2023, 01:16 PM
My concern is every time I watch us play - it looks eerily similar to the Tulane game in 2004

Scoreless at half and barely 300yds total O

Tater
10-30-2023, 01:37 PM

Well the Scoob needs to bring out the ban hammer. Whoever is behind the account is a shit stirrer and this thread keeps growing.

If it really is her, I know it probably eats her up inside that she gets more attention on posts when her face isn't attached. That's how these attention leeches operate. Pun intended.

gtowndawg
10-30-2023, 01:50 PM

If we lost the Egg Bowl 70-0 we should the fire the coach on the field no matter what the record is!

BulldogBear
10-30-2023, 01:54 PM
Thanks.

Bringing Salter with him would an upgrade.

Maverick91
10-30-2023, 02:47 PM

Not saying I buy this because you didn?t source it. But this does sound about right. Arnett should never be saying in an interview ?it?s like these players aren?t in the right position.? Well boss you are the coach are you not coaching them to the right position each week?

Maverick91
10-30-2023, 02:51 PM
You just said it man:

I loled when he wrote that, I literally just read those posts. Ha

Maverick91
10-30-2023, 02:54 PM

I?m not saying they are the same person but I have never seen KB and Blacksails in the same room together.

TrapGame
10-30-2023, 02:56 PM
Not saying I buy this because you didn?t source it. But this does sound about right. Arnett should never be saying in an interview ?it?s like these players aren?t in the right position.? Well boss you are the coach are you not coaching them to the right position each week?

Saturday afternoon Arnett told the sideline reporter at the start of the third quarter "We weren't prepared for the first half." Well, whose damn fault is that?

When stuff like this routinely comes out of your head coach's mouth you know there's a HUGE problem.

Maverick91
10-30-2023, 03:02 PM
Saturday afternoon Arnett told the sideline reporter at the start of the third quarter "We weren't prepared for the first half." Well, whose damn fault is that?

When stuff like this routinely comes out of your head coach's mouth you know there's a HUGE problem.

That’s the quote I was thinking of, he says it like every game. It’s inexcusable and criminally abusive to the coaching profession.

Commercecomet24
10-30-2023, 03:07 PM
I?m not saying they are the same person but I have never seen KB and Blacksails in the same room together.

I've also wondered about this, lol!

Cowbell
10-30-2023, 04:38 PM

CC I like it when you get fired up man 😂

DownwardDawg
10-30-2023, 05:00 PM
My concern is every time I watch us play - it looks eerily similar to the Tulane game in 2004

Scoreless at half and barely 300yds total O

My God I'll never forget that game. My son, about 5 years old at the time looked at me in the stadium and said "Dad, maybe we should cheer for a different team". So wise at such a young age.
I'll never forget that.

DownwardDawg
10-30-2023, 05:03 PM
CC I like it when you get fired up man ��

Haha!! Me too!! I almost told him "settle down Francis!!!" Hahaha

Tater
10-30-2023, 05:11 PM

Naw KB is too moody and hormonal to be a woman. That's an emotionally stunted male teenager if I've ever seen one. Perpetually 14 and angsty.

Commercecomet24
10-30-2023, 05:19 PM
Lol, thanks guys! I try to keep myself under control and not let others dictate my mood. I like to keep my composure and poise. However bsd has only stirred the pot told half truths and mis-represented a lot without bringing anything positive to the board. It gets old. The horse is dead and has been beat to death over and over and over. We all see where the season is headed barring a miracle on the scale of the Red Sea! There?s a lot of great people on here with tons of knowledge and lots to add and discuss even if you don?t agree, a few on here not so much lol!

BuckyIsAB****
10-30-2023, 05:49 PM

Tuff cult no like mean Twitter woman

Really Clark?
10-30-2023, 05:51 PM
Lol, thanks guys! I try to keep myself under control and not let others dictate my mood. I like to keep my composure and poise. However bsd has only stirred the pot told half truths and mis-represented a lot without bringing anything positive to the board. It gets old. The horse is dead and has been beat to death over and over and over. We all see where the season is headed barring a miracle on the scale of the Red Sea! There?s a lot of great people on here with tons of knowledge and lots to add and discuss even if you don?t agree, a few on here not so much lol!

Here is a good rule of thumb, if CC24 is calling you out and getting fired up on your butt, you are in the wrong and over the line. Without question.

Activated Alpha
10-30-2023, 05:52 PM
At this point I am just hoping for a coaching change so C34 can finally breathe some air. Surprised he hasn't suffocated since he cocooned himself in some of these coach's asses.

Coach34
10-30-2023, 06:11 PM
At this point I am just hoping for a coaching change so C34 can finally breathe some air. Surprised he hasn't suffocated since he cocooned himself in some of these coach's asses.

mehhhhh- we make a move and I'll be good with it as long as its not someone that runs a 7 on 7 offense

basedog
10-30-2023, 06:13 PM

I agree, I’m not happen all the time but I pound some sand and it helps*. LOL. U da man 24!

KB21
10-30-2023, 06:37 PM
mehhhhh- we make a move and I'll be good with it as long as its not someone that runs a 7 on 7 offense

Basically; if you run a modern offense that does anything more than run the ball, it’s no good.

Coach34
10-30-2023, 06:39 PM
Basically; if you run a modern offense that does anything more than run the ball, it’s no good.

I dont want an offense that throws it 50 times

I want a Spread offense

Really Clark?
10-30-2023, 06:39 PM

Hell!! You may be right. Black Sails hasn't posted in a while this afternoon and all of sudden KB21 appears!!

Turfdawg67
10-30-2023, 06:57 PM

They should've asked me week 2... SMH