PDA

View Full Version : Kentucky and USM are huge for arnett

msstate7
10-28-2023, 10:34 PM
I don't think he can beat aTm or OM, so that leaves Kentucky and USM to gain bowl eligibility.

ESPN's win probability for each...
Vs Kentucky - 56.3%
Vs USM - 94.4%

Actually surprised that FPI has us a pretty solid favorite vs Kentucky. Perhaps arnett gets his 6 wins and gets at least 2024.

Quaoarsking
10-28-2023, 10:35 PM
5-7 (or god, 4-8...) is an auto-fire
6-6 is a maybe
7-5 and he can have another year (but still on thin ice)
8-4 and I was probably wrong about him

I'd love nothing more for Zach to prove me wrong and Coach34 to be insufferable about it.

msstate7
10-28-2023, 10:37 PM
5-7 (or god, 4-8...) is an auto-fire
6-6 is a maybe
7-5 and he can have another year (but still on thin ice)
8-4 and I was probably wrong about him

I'd love nothing more for Zach to prove me wrong and Coach34 to be insufferable about it.

I'm not sold he gets fired at 5 wins, but I really doubt it if he gets 6

Cooterpoot
10-28-2023, 10:38 PM
USM doesn't matter unless he loses. I can't see losing that one. KY is terrible on the road, but that's the only positive I see.

Quaoarsking

If he breaks our 13-year bowl streak, he's so far below the MSU standard that he's gotta go. We learned back in June that Selmon is probably a loser, but we'll know it for sure if he brings back Arnett at 5-7.

DownwardDawg
After what I saw today, it's 4-8. We ain't beating Kentucky unless Will is back, then maybe. Just maybe.

Cooterpoot
10-28-2023, 10:42 PM
After what I saw today, it's 4-8. We ain't beating Kentucky unless Will is back, then maybe. Just maybe.

We aren't losing to USM

dawgday166
10-28-2023, 10:46 PM

5-7. We beat Arky remember? In one of our greatest defensive efforts evah, although there is no doubt IMO that AJ was on drugs. His eyes looked glazed over like he was high all game. Worst game I ever saw him play.

Thorne today, who really is a bad QB, was 20/26 (77%) for 230 and 3 TDs.

bobcat91
10-28-2023, 10:49 PM
We make everyone's QB look like a Heisman candidate. We are beating USM and that's it. Kentucky beats us 2 TDs

Quaoarsking
10-28-2023, 10:55 PM
Kentucky beats us 2 TDs

If that happens, who in the fanbase is left supporting Arnett? The last 2 games are going to be even deader than the rest of the games have been. Selmon should have no choice.

Biguglyjoe
10-28-2023, 10:57 PM
We make everyone's QB look like a Heisman candidate. We are beating USM and that's it. Kentucky beats us 2 TDs

NFL scouts will be watching highlight films with our D for all the wrong reasons.

msstate7
10-28-2023, 10:57 PM
If that happens, who in the fanbase is left supporting Arnett? The last 2 games are going to be even deader than the rest of the games have been. Selmon should have no choice.

OM will outnumber state in the egg if that happens. That would force a move

BeardoMSU
10-28-2023, 11:18 PM
We learned back in June that Selmon is probably a loser.

What happened in June?

Really Clark?
10-28-2023, 11:21 PM
What happened in June?

Not firing Lemonis. I assume that's what he is referencing.

Homedawg
10-28-2023, 11:23 PM
If he breaks our 13-year bowl streak, he's so far below the MSU standard that he's gotta go. We learned back in June that Selmon is probably a loser, but we'll know it for sure if he brings back Arnett at 5-7.

I understand your point but we had two of those 13 w losing records. It's really not the streak that some portray.

Homedawg
10-28-2023, 11:25 PM

Zero chance at 6. Not high at 5 if you ask me.

HoopsDawg
10-28-2023, 11:27 PM
Zero chance at 6. Not high at 5 if you ask me.

Can't keep him at 5 but better have a solid hire lined up.

Quaoarsking
10-29-2023, 12:31 AM
I understand your point but we had two of those 13 w losing records. It's really not the streak that some portray.

2020 likely would have been a bowl year without COVID though. Several years in the streak had 3 or even 2 SEC wins. 2016 you have a point, but the NCAA approved a bowl season that included 80 teams and we were one of the 80 teams who qualified per NCAA rules. It's not like it was a special exception just for us.

It would be really sad to see the streak end. 13 years is one of the longest in the country. And this one would be a self-inflicted wound, since even Arnett probably could have gotten to 6-6 if he hadn't blown up the offense for no reason beyond his feelings.

Todd4State
10-29-2023, 01:42 AM
Yeah. Well beating Kentucky and Arkansas isn't going to move the needle for me as a fan. Or many of our fans either.

Ultimately it will come down to the Egg Bowl no matter how we draw it up. Losing to Ole Miss tends to make things happen.

Now he may come back at 6-6 but even if he does I highly doubt Brock and Barbay will be back. And he really shouldn't come back if 6-6 is the record because no one believes in him and the program is absolutely stale.

We're only delaying the inevitable. And for what? So we can REALLY make sure when we go 4-8 next year?

Todd4State
10-29-2023, 01:44 AM

I'm telling y'all we're going to be fine in baseball.

If I'm wrong I'll eat crow and be all in on hiring Justin Haire.

the_real_MSU_is_us
10-29-2023, 06:38 AM

We brought in no pitcher that's even as good at we lost in Cade Smith, much less fix our awful pen.

We lost Clark (our 2nd best hitter in SEC play) and Ledbetter (our best hitter in SEC play) and brought in... who exactly? Nobody in the OF. Clark and Ledbetter -> Hugesak and Chance is a massive downgrade.

Infield we're banking on a true Fr SS and what, the 3rd best 3B transfer in the West to save us.

I truly don't see what you see. You really think Parker will half the era of every returning pitcher? You really think Hujesak and Chance can replace who they need to? I just don't see either being likely, much less both

Pancho
10-29-2023, 07:30 AM
if Lemo doesn't mess it all up, yes the team will be good. Sometimes teams win in spite of the HC and we have that scenario shaping up.

phatdog
10-29-2023, 07:31 AM
I don't think he can beat aTm or OM, so that leaves Kentucky and USM to gain bowl eligibility.

Vs Kentucky - 56.3%
Vs USM - 94.4%

Actually surprised that FPI has us a pretty solid favorite vs Kentucky. Perhaps arnett gets his 6 wins and gets at least 2024.

Kentucky is going to beat our asses

Pancho
10-29-2023, 07:32 AM
not so fast my friend

msstate7
10-29-2023, 07:33 AM
I really baseball does well. Bc our last 2 seasons (baseball and football), I'm suffering from PTSD... I expect basketball to fall flat on their faces and baseball to be a repeat of last year.

And I love our basketball team going
Into the season, but the tolu injury has be thinking we're just a cursed athletic program

basedog
10-29-2023, 08:10 AM
I don't think we beat Kentucky.

R2Dawg
10-29-2023, 08:23 AM

He gets 6 he will be here in 2024, right or wrong. Fact is we have become the entry level SEC coaching job, a good one, but that is what we are.

He should be gone at 5, not sure we have the guts to do it. Too much on line not to and we have excuses - Leach death, no AD, etc. Hey we gave a current assistant a chance, who else in SEC has done that? No one. We hired the first AA HC, We have taken our lumps, now time to get a serious HC to win.

R2Dawg
10-29-2023, 08:26 AM
Kentucky is going to beat our asses

I have the same bad feeling about UK I had with Aub. Oh and TAMU and OM too. That is my fear as well. Hope I'm wrong.

Offshore Dawg
10-29-2023, 08:31 AM
The only win I see coming up this year is USM. Dawgs don't score enough against any defense with a pulse.

msudawg1200
10-29-2023, 08:36 AM
We haven't lost to Kentucky at home since 2006, and Croom. If Arnett fricks that up, goes 5-7, and loses to Ole Miss badly then he should be gone as soon as the scoreboard hits 0:00 on Thanksgiving night.

Tbonewannabe
10-29-2023, 08:48 AM
We haven't lost to Kentucky at home since 2006, and Croom. If Arnett fricks that up, goes 5-7, and loses to Ole Miss badly then he should be gone as soon as the scoreboard hits 0:00 on Thanksgiving night.

The way Devin Leary was playing against UT, he will have 500 yards and probably 4 or 5 TDs.

msudawg1200
10-29-2023, 08:52 AM
The way Devin Leary was playing against UT, he will have 500 yards and probably 4 or 5 TDs.

Yeah, I had hope because up until that game he'd been really bad(not that it matters against our D unless you're KJ). After watching that I'm sure we'll get another Brady, Montana, Marino all rolled into one performance.

RockyDog
10-29-2023, 09:04 AM
if Lemo doesn't mess it all up, yes the team will be good. Sometimes teams win in spite of the HC and we have that scenario shaping up.

Can we worry about real sports in this thread? We are talking about football. Intramural sports start in February.

TrapGame
10-29-2023, 09:16 AM
Kentucky is going to beat us like a rented mule. We'll make Leary look like Caleb Williams. USM has been total shit all year - until they play us. If we only win the game by two TDs or less Arnett should be fired on the spot and Tony Hughes can coach the Egg.

Turfdawg67
10-29-2023, 09:17 AM

^^^ Yep

DownwardDawg
10-29-2023, 10:23 AM
5-7. We beat Arky remember? In one of our greatest defensive efforts evah, although there is no doubt IMO that AJ was on drugs. His eyes looked glazed over like he was high all game. Worst game I ever saw him play.

Thorne today, who really is a bad QB, was 20/26 (77%) for 230 and 3 TDs.
Oh yeah!!! My bad. It's 5-7. I forgot about the Arkansas pillow fight already. It's amazing this team has won 4 games.

Quaoarsking
10-29-2023, 10:26 AM

Being fine is even worse than being bad. 13-17 gets Lemonis another year or 2 of mediocrity below the MSU standard. At least at 9-21 again I think everyone would agree to move on.

DownwardDawg
10-29-2023, 10:28 AM
At this point, those zeros on that clock can't get here fast enough.

DownwardDawg
10-29-2023, 10:30 AM
Kentucky is going to beat us like a rented mule. We'll make Leary look like Caleb Williams. USM has been total shit all year - until they play us. If we only win the game by two TDs or less Arnett should be fired on the spot and Tony Hughes can coach the Egg.

Yes. The Kentucky game is gonna be ugly. They are much better than auburn and Arkansas. They are much better than South Carolina.

BuckyIsAB****
10-29-2023, 10:32 AM

Vs Kentucky - 56.3%
Vs USM - 94.4%

This is over. And there should be some accountability. Starting with Keenum on down.