PDA

View Full Version : Coaching Hot Board 1.0

StarkVegasSteve
10-28-2023, 07:56 PM
Lets Fire It Up!!! This shit for brains staff are, or need to be, dead men walking for the remainder of this season. We need an actual coach instead of booster friends that will tell them what they want to hear and how cool they are when they buy their drinks at Two Brothers. This is in no particular order btw

1. Jamey Chadwell- Some want to RTGDF well that is what he does. He just does it from multiple looks and in multiple ways. He also has won everywhere he was been.

2. Tom Herman- He was elite at Houston and recruited elite. He was good at Texas and recruited elite. He plays an exciting brand of football and knows how to market a freaking program unlike our current stick in the mud HC.

3. Lance Leipold- He has resurrected 17 Kansas for christs sakes. That should be enough to get him a job anywhere in the country. Again, exciting brand of offense and knows how to market a program.

4. Gus Malzahn- Not my favorite candidate but his offense is unique and he can manipulate space. He also has won big in this conference and knows the lay of the land in regards to recruiting.

5. Charles Huff- Has turned Marshall around in no time and has them competing at a high level. Also has coached here so he knows how to recruit here.

6. Dan Mullen- I mean I had to add him. Lets get the band back together and start winning.

7. Jeff Lebby- Exciting brand of offense? Check. Knows how to recruit this state? Check. Would give us an insight into the offense of Kiffin? Check.

8. Art Briles- Lets just piss everyone off and go Bad Boys and win 10 games. I will happily take NY6 Bowls and everyone hating our guts.

TrapGame
10-28-2023, 08:00 PM
I'm definitely in the Herman/Chadwell camp. Either one would be a solid hire. Leipold would be an absolute home run hire. If we can get him away from Kansas.

Really Clark?
10-28-2023, 08:02 PM
For information purposes:

Chadwell's buyout is going to be $12 MIL plus, not real sure on actual amount since they are private but most reports have it at at least $12 MIL.

Leipold's buyout is $12.5 MIL

Dawgology
10-28-2023, 08:03 PM
Please take Gus Malzhan off the board. It needs to be either Herman, Leipold or Lebby. 4.5 mil needs to be the starting offer on each and go from there. Briles if they all say no.

DownwardDawg
10-28-2023, 08:06 PM
Please take Gus Malzhan off the board. It needs to be either Herman, Leipold or Lebby. 4.5 mil needs to be the starting offer on each and go from there. Briles if they all say no.

Gus will be on everyone's list. He'll probably get hired by Arkansas at the end of the season so no need to worry about him.

Op4isabitch
10-28-2023, 08:06 PM
If we are going to be serious we need a proven head coach. No more gambles on coordinators etc.

Yes Mullen worked out but he’s an exception. We can win here with the right staff, both Mullen, Leach and JS have proved it.
I’m tired of the poor old State BS.

TrapGame
10-28-2023, 08:09 PM
Gus will wind up at Arkansas. You don't need to be Nostradamus to see that.

Dawgology
10-28-2023, 08:09 PM
If we are going to be serious we need a proven head coach. No more gambles on coordinators etc.

Yes Mullen worked out but he’s an exception. We can win here with the right staff, both Mullen, Leach and JS have proved it.

Exactly. I’m so over “discount” hires. Go out and hire a P5 head coach like a damn SEC program or just announce we are concerned with the football program anymore. Shit or get off the pot.

StarkVegasSteve
10-28-2023, 08:10 PM

I am just trying to be realistic. Our boosters will not shell out the type of money needed to pull a coach that you are describing. That type of coach would cost us 35-40 mil all in between buyouts of old staff, buyouts of new staff, and new contracts for new staff.

dawgday166
10-28-2023, 08:11 PM

I would give Herman a try if we could get him. He also was OC/QB coach for Urban when OSU won Natty in 2014. That Oline also only had one 4* (no 5*) on it. And won with a 3rd string QB. Outstanding coaching job.

TrapGame
10-28-2023, 08:12 PM

Don't forget Mullen is a smart guy to begin with and he spent almost ten years with Urban before our job opened up. He absorbed a great deal from one of the best coaches in college football. We lucked up getting Mullen and we have squandered what he built. Getting a sitting HC should be top priority w/ the money to insure it happens.

HoopsDawg
10-28-2023, 08:15 PM
Great list other than Malzahn.

civildawg
10-28-2023, 08:16 PM
I think Leipold is going to be the hot name for bigger programs.

If I were AD, I would hire Lebby and see if Art would come be OC and assistant HC, could help his son in law with the HC duties. If you look at the facts, Art was kind of railroaded by the media but no one wants to hear that.

StarkVegasSteve
Great list other than Malzahn.

We could do worse. See Joe Moorhead, Zach Arnett, Sylvester Croom.

RockyDog
Let’s be honest, we have never made crootin a priority with any of our previous head coaching hires. So let’s just not even make that a requirement. Just get the best guy that can make something out of this trash offense.

We need a guy that is gonna give our football office a big giant enema and build it up the way he wants. We don’t need meddling from hometown coaches or cigar boys.

civildawg
10-28-2023, 08:17 PM
I would give Herman a try if we could get him. He also was OC/QB coach for Urban when OSU won Natty in 2014. That Oline also only had one 4* (no 5*) on it. And won with a 3rd string QB. Outstanding coaching job.

My hang up with Herman is he's not exactly killing it with FAU but maybe I don't know all the details

dawgday166
10-28-2023, 08:22 PM
My hang up with Herman is he's not exactly killing it with FAU but maybe I don't know all the details

It's his 1st year at a new school. It's a crapshoot regardless. MSU is one of the most difficult coaching gigs there is. And that's before you even add in the administration hurdles.

Really Clark?
10-28-2023, 08:23 PM
Exactly. I’m so over “discount” hires. Go out and hire a P5 head coach like a damn SEC program or just announce we are concerned with the football program anymore. Shit or get off the pot.

You have names of who we could get? Jake Dekiert and Jonathan Smith are the only 2 I can think of as possibilities with their existing salaries and level.

Dawgology
10-28-2023, 08:24 PM
I am just trying to be realistic. Our boosters will not shell out the type of money needed to pull a coach that you are describing. That type of coach would cost us 35-40 mil all in between buyouts of old staff, buyouts of new staff, and new contracts for new staff.

Then there is really no reason to continue following or donating to Mississippi state football. Just being realistic.

Bothrops
10-28-2023, 08:25 PM
Gus will wind up at Arkansas. You don't need to be Nostradamus to see that.

Gus got a big buyout. They'd have to want him pretty bad.

msudawg1200
10-28-2023, 08:26 PM
1. In on Chadwell. Dude can coach.
2. Tom Herman would be good.
3. Lance Leipold is not leaving the new easy Big 12 to come here. Ain't happening.
4. Gus Malzahn- Meh
5. Charles Huff- Hell no. Marshall was not a bad team when he got there. What has he turned around there? Three seasons before Huff 24-12. Huff is 20-14 in his third season. The president or some big wig had a beef with their coach Doc Holladay and canned him over a personal beef not on the field results. They are 4-4 and got blasted today by Coastal 34-6. They are actually trending down. Would not be a good hire. Also connected to JoMo.
6. Dan Mullen-In a heartbeat
7. Jeff Lebby-Could be a good hire. I'm in.
8. Art Briles- best coach on this list but no way in hell this happens

Mjoelner34
10-28-2023, 08:28 PM
#5 would be the most MSU thing ever.

Dawgology
10-28-2023, 08:28 PM
1. In on Chadwell. Dude can coach.
2. Tom Herman would be good.
3. Lance Leipold is not leaving the new easy Big 12 to come here. Ain't happening.
4. Gus Malzahn- Meh
5. Charles Huff- Hell no. Marshall was not a bad team when he got there. What has he turned around there. They are 4-4 and got blasted today by Coastal 34-6.
6. Dan Mullen-In a heartbeat
7. Jeff Lebby-Could be a good hire. I'm in.
8. Art Briles- best coach on this list but no way in hell this happens

Art Briles. Doesn’t the media hate MSU anyway. Let’s give them a reason and watch them cry when we start pushing for the west haha

Really Clark?
10-28-2023, 08:29 PM
Gus got a big buyout. They'd have to want him pretty bad.

His buyout is only $5.5 Mil unless the new extension changed the figures. Can't find that it has though.

StarkVegasSteve
10-28-2023, 08:31 PM
Art Briles. Doesn’t the media hate MSU anyway. Let’s give them a reason and watch them cry when we start pushing for the west haha

My thoughts exactly. If they hate you anyways, lets give them a reason

Bothrops
10-28-2023, 08:35 PM
Dan Mullen knows it's harder to win here now than ever before. That's a hard no.

BankerDog
10-28-2023, 08:35 PM
We could do worse. See Joe Moorhead, Zach Arnett, Sylvester Croom.

Joe and Croom could at least evaluate some talent to a degree. Arnett can?t

Quaoarsking
10-28-2023, 08:59 PM
Herman is the most accomplished coach on the list and probably the easiest to get. I really hope that 1 month from now, he's our guy.

EdwardDrayton
10-28-2023, 09:00 PM
Find the money to buy any coach in America. Otherwise fill out the SunBelt application and hire one of the coaches from this list.

Bothrops
10-28-2023, 09:02 PM
Herman is the most accomplished coach on the list and probably the easiest to get. I really hope that 1 month from now, he's our guy.

I can tell he wouldn't win here just because of his name**

TrapGame
10-28-2023, 09:08 PM
Just out of curiosity what happened to Scott Frost after Nebraska? That dude was supposed to be the next Lincoln Riley.

Really Clark?
10-28-2023, 09:14 PM
Just out of curiosity what happened to Scott Frost after Nebraska? That dude was supposed to be the next Lincoln Riley.

Sitting at the house collecting a check.

viverlibre
10-28-2023, 09:17 PM

FAU has been shite historically other than when Lane was there.

TheLostDawg
10-28-2023, 09:17 PM
After the freeze hire, just go after urban (won't happen but do it). Then go after Briles, same but try.
Auburn set the standard. We can get who we can afford

OurState
10-28-2023, 09:18 PM

Yes Mullen worked out but he?s an exception. We can win here with the right staff, both Mullen, Leach and JS have proved it.
I?m tired of the poor old State BS.

If we fire JoMo after 2 years and Arnett after 1 we aren't getting a top name.

TheLostDawg
10-28-2023, 09:19 PM

Not true. Money is key. Unless it's a coach that thinks they can't win and we don't want that guy anyway

StarkVegasSteve
10-28-2023, 09:21 PM

Coaches all have MASSIVE egos and 5-6 mil will change the mind of most coaches.

civildawg

No coach is going to turn down a triple in salary because we fired an underachieving coach that shouldn't have been HC anyway. Man some of our fans just make me shake my head.

Mjoelner34
FAU has been shite historically other than when Lane was there.

Just looked. They were 5-7 under Taggert all 3 years that he was there. This year they are 4-4 with two of those losses being on the road at Clemson (blowout) and on the road at Indiana by 6.

viverlibre
10-28-2023, 09:24 PM
Tom Herman is probably the best, most realistic and cost effective choice.

parabrave
10-28-2023, 09:24 PM
Let’s be honest, we have never made crootin a priority with any of our previous head coaching hires. So let’s just not even make that a requirement. Just get the best guy that can make something out of this trash offense.

We need a guy that is gonna give our football office a big giant enema and build it up the way he wants. We don’t need meddling from hometown coaches or cigar boys.

And that would be Dan Mullen. And oh yeah he would just piss off Ole Miss.

Really Clark?
10-28-2023, 09:26 PM
If you are going to look at Herman, I would also look at the one who beat him. Jeff Traylor at UTSA. Undefeated in conference his first season moving up to AAC from CUSA.

Bothrops
10-28-2023, 09:29 PM
Traylor

The media would never get enough of that one. "Traylor parks in Starkville"

Mjoelner34
10-28-2023, 09:31 PM

We could hang that banner on the contraptions in the south endzone.

msstate7
10-28-2023, 09:34 PM

You might could get the real Lincoln Riley soon. I'm playing, but he has to be approaching hot seat

Really Clark?
10-28-2023, 09:34 PM

Lol

BlackSailsDawg
10-28-2023, 09:46 PM
Lets Fire It Up!!! This shit for brains staff are, or need to be, dead men walking for the remainder of this season. We need an actual coach instead of booster friends that will tell them what they want to hear and how cool they are when they buy their drinks at Two Brothers. This is in no particular order btw

1. Jamey Chadwell- Some want to RTGDF well that is what he does. He just does it from multiple looks and in multiple ways. He also has won everywhere he was been.

2. Tom Herman- He was elite at Houston and recruited elite. He was good at Texas and recruited elite. He plays an exciting brand of football and knows how to market a freaking program unlike our current stick in the mud HC.

3. Lance Leipold- He has resurrected 17 Kansas for christs sakes. That should be enough to get him a job anywhere in the country. Again, exciting brand of offense and knows how to market a program.

4. Gus Malzahn- Not my favorite candidate but his offense is unique and he can manipulate space. He also has won big in this conference and knows the lay of the land in regards to recruiting.

5. Charles Huff- Has turned Marshall around in no time and has them competing at a high level. Also has coached here so he knows how to recruit here.

6. Dan Mullen- I mean I had to add him. Lets get the band back together and start winning.

7. Jeff Lebby- Exciting brand of offense? Check. Knows how to recruit this state? Check. Would give us an insight into the offense of Kiffin? Check.

8. Art Briles- Lets just piss everyone off and go Bad Boys and win 10 games. I will happily take NY6 Bowls and everyone hating our guts.

1 and 2 I agree with.

3- He is the top candidate for Mich St.

4- I would move Lebby to 4

No to the rest.

SailingDawg
10-28-2023, 09:50 PM

No, I do not want to be Olms

MoreCowbell
10-28-2023, 10:11 PM
NIL has made us one of the toughest jobs in the country. Herman would listen though. Chadwell, Liepold and Lebby will have no interest

Cooterpoot
10-28-2023, 10:12 PM
Herman would be good. Chadwell has a big buyout or he would. Lebby gets a look. Malzahn if we get shot down but he knows Arkansas is open soon and waits. Traylor is there for the taking. Mullen is done with college coaching. Huff is a reach Elko, Leipold, ain't coming. Lil Briles gets a look. Smith is good but not moving.

Cooterpoot
10-28-2023, 10:12 PM
NIL has made us one of the toughest jobs in the country. Herman would listen though. Chadwell, Liepold and Lebby will have no interest

Out NIL is not bad. People can stop with that now. It got a big boost the last few months.

Really Clark?
10-28-2023, 10:13 PM
Here is the biggest problem trying to project right now, we don't know who all will be open. That has a big impact on who we could possibly hire.

Cooterpoot
10-28-2023, 10:14 PM
Here is the biggest problem trying to project right now, we don't know who all will be open. That has a big impact on who we could possibly hire.

We're only SEC team open this year unless Arkansas gets crazy.

MoreCowbell
10-28-2023, 10:15 PM
Out NIL is not bad. People can stop with that now. It got a big boost the last few months.

We are the poorest SEC school. Money gets players now. Just is what it is

Cooterpoot
10-28-2023, 10:16 PM

That's incorrect now. Just stop with that.Were talking NiL.

Really Clark?
10-28-2023, 10:17 PM

I meant nationally P5, not just SEC.

I think TAM will be iffy. They may finish 7-5. Florida at 6-6??? Not know if they pull the trigger yet

Cooterpoot
10-28-2023, 10:19 PM
I meant nationally P5, not just SEC

Gotcha, But I don't think many big jobs are coming open.

civildawg
10-28-2023, 10:19 PM
I feel like Arky is for sure firing Pittman at the end of the year

Mjoelner34
10-28-2023, 10:24 PM
I think Michigan State is the only one for-sure open right now. Jimbo and Pittman are smoking hot but Jimbo is doing just enough plus $$$$. Pittman's team looks like they've already quit and with Tyson and Walmart, his buyout would be chump change.

Speaking of Michigan State, earlier in this thread someone said something about Leipold to MSU. I just read an article from Sports Illustrated where they were speculating Dickert from WSU.

dawgday166
10-28-2023, 10:28 PM

We were that before NIL. We're surrounded by Ole Miss, LSU, Bama, and Auburn. 3 of those out recruit us every year and steal some recruits from us. Then UGA slides in and gets some top D players from MS occasionally too. OM historically out recruits us for skill players.

Mullen was an exceptional developmental coach. Plus he focused on and got some Dlinemen studs when available.

We also historically pay lower for coaches than all the others do. And our fanbase thinks we should win 8 to 10 every year except when the Home Boys are back in charge. Then everything is sunshine and roses as long as we RTDFB

ETA: I don't care how we score points, as long as we score. Last year we may not have "beaten anybody" but we did beat the teams we should've beaten. We lost to the Natty Champ, the SEC W champ (at their place), Bama (at their place), and UK (at their place and they were the 11th ranked scoring D last year).

This year we ain't beating the teams we should beat. This is the worst SEC in about 18 years or so.

Really Clark?
10-28-2023, 10:30 PM
I think Michigan State is the only one for-sure open right now. Jimbo and Pittman are smoking hot but Jimbo is doing just enough plus $$$$. Pittman's team looks like they've already quit and with Tyson and Walmart, his buyout would be chump change.

Speaking of Michigan State, earlier in this thread someone said something about Leipold to MSU. I just read an article from Sports Illustrated where they were speculating Dickert from WSU.

If Dickert doesn't come back against 1-6 ASU, they will be 4-4 and his name will drop down lists.

ETA: it's gonna take a miracle now. He needs to make a big run now and still have Washington to play. 4 straight losses

DownwardDawg
10-28-2023, 10:31 PM
I feel like Arky is for sure firing Pittman at the end of the year

Me too. And unfortunately I think jimbo gets the axe too. I hate losing him. aTm might actually hire a good coach to go along with all that talent they buy.

Quaoarsking
10-28-2023, 10:32 PM
A lot of people here agreed that Herman was the guy when we thought Mullen might be leaving in 2015. Then he got the Texas job and wasn't available when Mullen did leave after 2017. Even though he was fired, he was very good at Texas, finishing ranked every year but the first there.

Cooterpoot
10-28-2023, 10:40 PM
Me too. And unfortunately I think jimbo gets the axe too. I hate losing him. aTm might actually hire a good coach to go along with all that talent they buy.

A&M isn't paying that $80MM. Arkansas keeps Pittman one more year right now, but that could change.

Really Clark?
10-28-2023, 10:44 PM
A&M isn't paying that $80MM. Arkansas keeps Pittman one more year right now, but that could change.

I would normally agree but TAM is crazy enough, especially with Texas and OK coming in next year, that they may do it at 7-5. But not sold that they will. That's a ton of a buyout still. But it's still high for the next 3 years. It's still nearly $50 MIL in 2026.

Todd4State
10-29-2023, 02:13 AM
If Dickert doesn't come back against 1-6 ASU, they will be 4-4 and his name will drop down lists.

ETA: it's gonna take a miracle now. He needs to make a big run now and still have Washington to play. 4 straight losses

I'm more interested in their OC than I am their head coach.

Todd4State
10-29-2023, 02:15 AM
A lot of people here agreed that Herman was the guy when we thought Mullen might be leaving in 2015. Then he got the Texas job and wasn't available when Mullen did leave after 2017. Even though he was fired, he was very good at Texas, finishing ranked every year but the first there.

After being at Texas Herman has probably evolved as a coach.

I would take a look at Clay Helton too. He is doing well at Georgia Southern and has been at USC. We've seen several former USC coaches have success at other programs after leaving SC.

Todd4State
10-29-2023, 02:18 AM
I agree we need experience at the head coaching spot but I'm willing to roll the dice on a guy like Jeff Lebby. We won't hire Art of course, but having him a phone call away is a good resource for Lebby. So I think that offsets some of the transition stuff in my mind at least.

Similar resume' as Dan's when we hired him actually.

Cooterpoot
10-29-2023, 02:57 AM
OK fans are ready to fire Lebby. If we hire Helton, just shut the program down.

Todd4State
10-29-2023, 03:08 AM
OK fans are ready to fire Lebby. If we hire Helton, just shut the program down.

For what? Their offense didn't lose the game today.

Cooterpoot
10-29-2023, 04:05 AM
For what? Their offense didn't lose the game today.

12 points the 2nd half (12 in 3 qtrs total)
I'm not saying he's bad. Just that OK fans aren't happy.

CoachT14
10-29-2023, 07:40 AM

We have more money than you think.

StarkVegasSteve
10-29-2023, 07:48 AM
No, I do not want to be Olms

Yea it would really suck to be?.checks record?..7-1 and in the thick of the playoff hunt and SEC Championship race. Stop trying to win the Morality Olympics. If you do not want to support the team because of who we hire then fine, we will have 100 more fans to take your place when we are dropping 50 on people.

StarkVegasSteve
10-29-2023, 07:53 AM

The guy was 32-18 at Texas. People act like he was Scott Frost or something. No he did not win at the level they wanted to but no one does. They cycle through coaches like our admin cycles through reasons to keep lame duck coaches.

msstate7
10-29-2023, 07:57 AM

I like your list, but I think we will be more in more of the value line...

Willie fritz of Tulane
Kane Womack - USA
Jon Sumrall - Troy

Op4isabitch
10-29-2023, 07:58 AM
I’m tired of the people that say I don’t want Coach so and so. I don’t want to be OleMiss. Etc etc.
Yeah OleMiss hires people with questionable character but after Auburn hired Freeze, well we have to hire any hood coach we can get and yes I’d include A Briles in that list.
If you don’t want to hire a coach like him that can win, then don’t come on here and complain when we get hammered each weekend.

Hire whoever fits the bill and can manage and bring in good coordinators + recruit.

TheLostDawg
10-29-2023, 08:29 AM
I meant nationally P5, not just SEC.

I think TAM will be iffy. They may finish 7-5. Florida at 6-6??? Not know if they pull the trigger yet

That's another problem. Next year will probably be worse when hiring a coach

TheLostDawg
10-29-2023, 08:36 AM
Yea it would really suck to be?.checks record?..7-1 and in the thick of the playoff hunt and SEC Championship race. Stop trying to win the Morality Olympics. If you do not want to support the team because of who we hire then fine, we will have 100 more fans to take your place when we are dropping 50 on people.

Yeah, again the freeze hire opened the flood gates. Get a winner
Find a way to get urban

TrapGame
10-29-2023, 09:03 AM
Yeah, again the freeze hire opened the flood gates. Get a winner
Find a way to get urban

I think the way to Urban is to treat him like he's an architect. You tell him you want him to "build" a program. You tell him we are not looking just for a head coach but someone who could transform and revolutionize our program. Tell him he will be 100% over the program and nobody will interfere with him. Appeal to his ego and back it up with a nice pay check. Tell him the state of MS only goes 4 years on coaching contracts and that's all we want, 4 years. Spend four years transforming this program into a nationally recognized brand.

Really Clark?
10-29-2023, 09:08 AM
Stop with the Urban talk. If he can be had by a college program, not that I think he is coaching again anytime soon, it won't be us. He can wait for a bigger profile job to open.

Quaoarsking
10-29-2023, 10:32 AM
Freeze, Urban, and Briles really shouldn't be lumped into the same "questionable character" tier. All 3 of them are very different in that area.

BuckyIsAB****
10-29-2023, 10:36 AM

My order.

1. Herman
2. Malzahn
3. Fritz

Call them first Make them say no list

1.Gundy
2. Mullen

msstate7
10-29-2023, 10:36 AM
Stop with the Urban talk. If he can be had by a college program, not that I think he is coaching again anytime soon, it won't be us. He can wait for a bigger profile job to open.

Only 3 sec schools would even have a shot: bama post saban, lsu, and Florida.

KB21
10-29-2023, 05:43 PM
Herman and Helton are 1A and 1B for me.

Cooterpoot
10-29-2023, 05:50 PM
Herman and Helton are 1A and 1B for me.

We aren't touching Helton, Damn

KB21
10-29-2023, 05:56 PM
We aren't touching Helton, Damn

We should. 58-33 career record and would bring the Air Raid back.

SteelCurtain74
10-29-2023, 06:37 PM
My order.

1. Herman
2. Malzahn
3. Fritz

1.Gundy
2. Mullen

I'm with you on Gundy but I don't see any way he would even consider it. Also, until I see we're serious about paying for a coach, we would not be willing to pay anywhere close to what it would take to get him. He signed a lifetime contract back in 2021 and at the time was the highest paid coach in the Big 12. With his current salary he would be 8th highest in the SEC.

https://pokesreport.com/s/2334/mike-gundy-gets-new-contract-terms-making-him-highest-paid-coach-in-big-12

I like your list but think Herman or Fritz would be the only ones we could realistically get.

KB21
10-29-2023, 06:50 PM
Fritz would be on brand for the RTGDF cult. Defensive minded, boring run first offense.

msstate7
10-29-2023, 06:54 PM
Fritz would be on brand for the RTGDF cult. Defensive minded, boring run first offense.

29th in FEI offense last year
44th this season

Santiago
10-29-2023, 06:57 PM
We should. 58-33 career record and would bring the Air Raid back.

Which Helton? the Ga Southern coach?

Really Clark?
10-29-2023, 07:02 PM
Which Helton? the Ga Southern coach?

Yes. That's who he is referencing

Santiago
10-29-2023, 07:03 PM
Our coaching candidates may be limited to who have small buyouts.

KB21
10-29-2023, 07:13 PM
Herman has a $2.5 million buyout.

KB21
10-29-2023, 07:16 PM
Clay, but both would be on my list.

DawgFromOxford
10-29-2023, 07:17 PM
Does Curt Cignetti at JMU get a look? He's had them rolling the past few years and hasn't missed a beat when moving from FCS to FBS.

KB21
10-29-2023, 07:22 PM
Too old

TrapGame
Does Curt Cignetti at JMU get a look? He's had them rolling the past few years and hasn't missed a beat when moving from FCS to FBS.

He's 62 years old. That's a no from me.

Really Clark?

He is a good coach.

Homedawg
10-29-2023, 08:18 PM
My order.

1. Herman
2. Malzahn
3. Fritz

1.Gundy
2. Mullen

Anyone that has a list w Gundy on it is literally delusional. I don't even know why I read this board. The wizard of oz isn't real!!!!

HoopsDawg
10-29-2023, 08:23 PM
Anyone that has a list w Gundy on it is literally delusional. I don't even know why I read this board. The wizard of oz isn't real!!!!

I get really depressed about our fan base, especially message boards, during coaching searches. Really makes me regret ever reading them.

DownwardDawg
10-29-2023, 08:23 PM

Lol. Yeah, not Gundy for sure!!!

Quaoarsking
10-29-2023, 08:27 PM
I'd be OK with a 62-year-old. He probably would see us as his final stop, rather than trying to keep shopping around.

Homedawg
10-29-2023, 08:30 PM
I get really depressed about our fan base, especially message boards, during coaching searches. Really makes me regret ever reading them.

Guess nobody paid attention to the list of candidates the last 4 damn times we hired a coach.

Really Clark?
10-29-2023, 09:09 PM
Guess nobody paid attention to the list of candidates the last 4 damn times we hired a coach.

True and Leach was an outlier. That circumstance won't happen again.

Really Clark?
10-29-2023, 09:11 PM
I'd be OK with a 62-year-old. He probably would see us as his final stop, rather than trying to keep shopping around.

He is the same age as CML would have been this year.

confucius say
10-29-2023, 09:20 PM

I thought that too, but he's done a heck of a coaching job this year. They were a dumpster fire the first few weeks and now he has them in contention for the big 12 title. He's always won.

But if you meant he won't come here, then yea I agree.

Homedawg
10-29-2023, 09:32 PM
I thought that too, but he's done a heck of a coaching job this year. They were a dumpster fire the first few weeks and now he has them in contention for the big 12 title. He's always won.

But if you meant he won't come here, then yea I agree.

Oh he's a good coach. Has been. But we have a ZERO shot of hiring him. Less than zero. It's not about his ability. It's being realistic

Homedawg
10-29-2023, 09:33 PM
He is the same age as CML would have been this year.

I think we need someone younger myself. But take what we can get when the time comes. Win this week and it's moot. Which will be tough , I know.

Really Clark?
10-29-2023, 09:41 PM
I think we need someone younger myself. But take what we can get when the time comes. Win this week and it's moot. Which will be tough , I know.

Oh I agree. I would target someone younger if I could, but have to see who is the best available. Just some are negative on him because his age but it didn't make a difference with CML.

Yeah a win will be difficult.

Commercecomet24
10-29-2023, 09:59 PM

Right there with ya! Might as well put Dungy and Gruden as candidates lol!

HancockCountyDog
10-29-2023, 10:02 PM

Pittman is a goner.

BlackSailsDawg
10-29-2023, 10:03 PM
Pittman is a goner.

Nope. He will get one more year.

Really Clark?
10-29-2023, 10:07 PM
Pittman is a goner.

Maybe, if he doesn't win 3 of his next 4, his buyout drops $6 MIL to around $10 MIL. If he finishes 3-9 they have the extra cushion to make a move if they want.

ETA. My mistake, he has to lose out to trigger the reduction in his buyout. With FIU left on the schedule he should finish no worse that 3-9 and that triggers the higher buyout.

Maverick91
10-29-2023, 10:49 PM
The thing I like about Herman is Oklahoma and Texas both coming in. He would have a job that guarantees that he can try and lay the lumber to them at least every other year. He would be in the best conference, he would be at a place that has high expectation but knows if they aren’t meet you aren’t getting canned as easily as he has been. Could really make him a motivated coach.

The only issue I know of with him is the rumors that were coming out that he had no control over his last team. I personally will never know if that is true or not but you sniff that out in the interview process. It would would bring a lot of spark back to the program.

CadaverDawg
10-29-2023, 11:14 PM
I struggle bigly with coaching searches. I am easily persuaded into thinking damn near every coach is "the guy" we should be after....only to be talked out of him being the guy a few posts later when I see a few other stats, etc.

Part of me wants to think we could land another Sherrill/Leach type that is older but has won everywhere they've been. So we would know exactly what we're getting.
But the other part of me wishes we could hit the next McVay/McDaniel type of young guy that looks like he's playing PlayStation on the sidelines drawing up plays and putting up 50+ points every weekend.

So clearly we need to try to persuade a current coach with a history, bc the chances of us landing the next offensive mastermind nerd are slim to none, but we could always try to pony up to buy a guy at the end of his career. It's just so boring. Even Leach and his Air Raid couldn't have been more boring. It's fun watching the fast paced, quick scoring, big play offenses. Recruits love it, fans love it, boosters love it....look no further than Oxford, Knoxville, etc.
Fun offense is the way to go. Which is hard to achieve with an old coach

Quaoarsking
10-30-2023, 12:11 AM
Part of me wants to think we could land another Sherrill/Leach type that is older but has won everywhere they've been. So we would know exactly what we're getting.
But the other part of me wishes we could hit the next McVay/McDaniel type of young guy that looks like he's playing PlayStation on the sidelines drawing up plays and putting up 50+ points every weekend.

Tom Herman is kind of a mix of both. 48, so not "old" but there are younger guys out there. And 100% on winning seasons, bowl games, and a lot of ranked finishes.

https://i.imgur.com/73oM5Qr.png

HoopsDawg
10-30-2023, 12:21 AM
Always start with SEC offensive coordinators and see what's there. Then you look at non Power 5 winners with SEC experience. The Jackie Sherrill hire would be Art Briles.

Todd4State
10-30-2023, 01:19 AM

That should be easy.** ZING!

Todd4State
10-30-2023, 01:31 AM
I struggle bigly with coaching searches. I am easily persuaded into thinking damn near every coach is "the guy" we should be after....only to be talked out of him being the guy a few posts later when I see a few other stats, etc.

So clearly we need to try to persuade a current coach with a history, bc the chances of us landing the next offensive mastermind nerd are slim to none, but we could always try to pony up to buy a guy at the end of his career. It's just so boring. Even Leach and his Air Raid couldn't have been more boring. It's fun watching the fast paced, quick scoring, big play offenses. Recruits love it, fans love it, boosters love it....look no further than Oxford, Knoxville, etc.
Fun offense is the way to go. Which is hard to achieve with an old coach

No coach is perfect. Even Alabama fans get upset at Saban from time to time.

Kiffin has upset Ole Miss fans from time to time- see the end of last year.

It's such a fickle business- it's hard to be truly "liked" all the time.

Every coach is going to have a bad game or two. Or a bad year. There is no zero risk coach out there. I mean who would have ever thought that Ed Orgeron would ever win a National Championship after his stint at Ole Miss?

Like if we had a chance to hire Sonny Dykes- would our fans focus on the 12-1 season or focus on his time at Cal and the 4-4 record this year?

The kind of coach you're talking about - I would take a hard look at Rhett Lashlee and GJ Kinne. Both guys run offenses that are up tempo. Both have some Air Raid elements in them- like actually in the offense unlike Barbay who says they're there but it's bullshit. Both have some Gus Mahlzahn influence to them. Both attack down the field. Lashlee has some SEC experience at Auburn under Gus so he knows the business. Also has a pretty elite DC at SMU in Scott Symons that used to be with Freeze at Liberty. Both are leading their conferences at the moment in PPG and Texas State is number one in total offense and SMU is number 2 in total offense in their conference. SMU is averaging 40 PPG and TSU is averaging 35 PPG. SMU might end up playing Tulane in the championship game.

Kinne is in year one at Texas State so that's a bit buyer beware but I think he would probably do well here especially if he can nail the DC hire.

Santiago
10-30-2023, 08:14 AM
No coach is perfect. Even Alabama fans get upset at Saban from time to time.

Kiffin has upset Ole Miss fans from time to time- see the end of last year.

It's such a fickle business- it's hard to be truly "liked" all the time.

Every coach is going to have a bad game or two. Or a bad year. There is no zero risk coach out there. I mean who would have ever thought that Ed Orgeron would ever win a National Championship after his stint at Ole Miss?

Like if we had a chance to hire Sonny Dykes- would our fans focus on the 12-1 season or focus on his time at Cal and the 4-4 record this year?

The kind of coach you're talking about - I would take a hard look at Rhett Lashlee and GJ Kinne. Both guys run offenses that are up tempo. Both have some Air Raid elements in them- like actually in the offense unlike Barbay who says they're there but it's bullshit. Both have some Gus Mahlzahn influence to them. Both attack down the field. Lashlee has some SEC experience at Auburn under Gus so he knows the business. Also has a pretty elite DC at SMU in Scott Symons that used to be with Freeze at Liberty. Both are leading their conferences at the moment in PPG and Texas State is number one in total offense and SMU is number 2 in total offense in their conference. SMU is averaging 40 PPG and TSU is averaging 35 PPG. SMU might end up playing Tulane in the championship game.

Kinne is in year one at Texas State so that's a bit buyer beware but I think he would probably do well here especially if he can nail the DC hire.

You bring up something , on hiring assistants. Arnett had a very small network to call to join him, and he was a risk for good coordinators.
Even a guy like Kinne has lots of connections, especially in TX.

Scott Symons is a heck of a DC . I just like the TX connections of coaches.

KB21
10-30-2023, 08:57 AM
Always start with SEC offensive coordinators and see what's there. Then you look at non Power 5 winners with SEC experience. The Jackie Sherrill hire would be Art Briles.

This is an issue. There is a dearth of good, young offensive coordinators in the SEC. The SEC is behind the times offensively. Matt Denbrock is 59 years old. There are a couple of good young guys Kirby Moore and Joey Hazle, but they are probably 2-3 years away.

Cooterpoot
10-30-2023, 09:10 AM
Herman
Chadwell (too much buyout probably)
Lashlee (not likely)
Traylor (Baylor)
Lebby
Kendall Briles (a reach but I'd talk to him)

msstate7
10-30-2023, 09:19 AM
This is an issue. There is a dearth of good, young offensive coordinators in the SEC. The SEC is behind the times offensively. Matt Denbrock is 59 years old. There are a couple of good young guys Kirby Moore and Joey Hazle, but they are probably 2-3 years away.

7 sec teams in the top 25 in offensive FEI

Cooterpoot
10-30-2023, 09:22 AM
KB, the air raid is dead and gone- It's not coming back. You'll have to make a decision about being a State fan or an Air Raid fan soon.
Choose wisely

Commercecomet24
10-30-2023, 09:51 AM

Yeah but they're not air raid****

Really Clark?
10-30-2023, 10:04 AM

Denbrock had some really good offenses at Cin as well. Not just at LSU

Maverick91
10-30-2023, 10:08 AM
KB, the air raid is dead and gone- It's not coming back. You'll have to make a decision about being a State fan or an Air Raid fan soon.
Choose wisely

At the current rate we are both dead.

StarkVegasSteve
10-30-2023, 10:10 AM
Choose wisely

He chose long ago. He is not a State fan. He is a Leach fan, which is ok. I have no problem with it. A lot of folks were and still are. However, Leach is gone. His version of the Air Raid went with him. Every other Air Raid is exactly what we ran with Dak in 2015.

gtowndawg
10-30-2023, 10:15 AM
Herman
Chadwell (too much buyout probably)
Lashlee (not likely)
Traylor (Baylor)
Lebby
Kendall Briles (a reach but I'd talk to him)

Herman is very interesting to me. Extremly smart (I think he is genius level smart) and what he did at Houston was amazing. I love Chadwell but Liberty has a truck load of money to throw at him.

KB21
10-30-2023, 10:22 AM
Choose wisely

As long as the RTGDF cult has people in power, they will attempt to keep the best offensive system on the planet from being brought back to Mississippi State.

StarkVegasSteve
10-30-2023, 10:24 AM
As long as the RTGDF cult has people in power, they will attempt to keep the best offensive system on the planet from being brought back to Mississippi State.

The best offensive system on the planet has won zero national championships. Yes there are elements of it in all spread offenses but the Air Raid has one zero and a modified version of it has made it to 1 CFP

KB21
10-30-2023, 10:26 AM
It's also a great thing that Zac Selmon has grown up in an athletic department that has run the Air Raid and other modern offenses, so I have great faith that Zac isn't going to hire your typical paleolithic meathead that wants to play defense and run the ball up the gut every down, which is the style that a lot of you think we need at Mississippi State. So, even it is isn't an AR coach, I have great faith that Zac is going to bring a modern offensive mind that isn't just going to ground and pound.

Dawgface
10-30-2023, 10:28 AM
Wishbone baby!

msstate7
10-30-2023, 10:31 AM
I have saw fans fall in love with coaches, but I've never saw fans just fall in love with a particular offense. It's weird as hell

Commercecomet24
10-30-2023, 10:34 AM
I have saw fans fall in love with coaches, but I've never saw fans just fall in love with a particular offense. It's weird as hell

100%.

Santiago
10-30-2023, 10:40 AM
The best offensive system on the planet has won zero national championships. Yes there are elements of it in all spread offenses but the Air Raid has one zero and a modified version of it has made it to 1 CFP

Stoops brought OU from the dark days with it.

dawgday166
10-30-2023, 10:43 AM

LMAO ... I know you well enough to know you'd NEVER fall in love with a coach ****

Commercecomet24
10-30-2023, 10:44 AM
LMAO ... I know you well enough to know you'd NEVER fall in love with a coach ****

Only ol' Jimbo for 7, lol!

msstate7
10-30-2023, 10:47 AM

Oh, I've loved several coaches. I've never fallen in love with a type of offense or defense though

msstate7
10-30-2023, 10:47 AM
Only ol' Jimbo for 7, lol!

I'd leave my wife for him or mullen, no doubt

Haha

Commercecomet24
10-30-2023, 10:48 AM

Haha

You a good dude, 7!

Have some rep!

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to msstate7 again.

dawgday166
10-30-2023, 10:51 AM

Haha

I'm surprised you haven't already. Maybe even more surprised she hasn't divorced you over you man crushes ****

Commercecomet24
10-30-2023, 10:57 AM

7 makes a great point here. I don't care what kind of offense or defense we run as long as we win. Heck we could do the tush push up and down the field and if we went 12-0 and won an NC, I'd be happy as could be(yes, hyperbole I know). Just win, is all I care about, and that's not happening right now.

gtowndawg
10-30-2023, 11:00 AM
7 makes a great point here. I don't care what kind of offense or defense we run as long as we win. Heck we could do the tush push up and down the field and if we went 12-0 and won an NC, I'd be happy as could be(yes, hyperbole I know). Just win, is all I care about, and that's not happening right now.

I would say 99% of State fans fall into this category. Whatever produces the most points is all we care about.

edit: I will say, an offense that can score quickly is important in my opinion. If we're down late, we need to have some hope for a quick score.

Commercecomet24
10-30-2023, 11:01 AM
I would say 99% of State fans fall into this category. Whatever produces the most points is all we care about.

Amen! The hows and whys are meaningless just get the job done!

confucius say
10-30-2023, 11:09 AM

I would say that 99% of us on this board agree.
But the ones that are not on this board, I disagree. College football is entertainment, and they want to be entertained. Had a 13 year old tell me they and their entire party (along with half the crowd) left the OM game in the third quarter Saturday. Said everyone around them was saying they were board up 26-7 because they couldn't move the ball after the first quarter and Vandy couldn't move it all. People want to watch an entertaining product. I get that.

Really Clark?
10-30-2023, 11:10 AM

Haha

Hahaha. What's hilarious too is I'm not sure if you are kidding. Lol***

dawgday166
10-30-2023, 11:11 AM

I'm looking for a hard-nosed, tough culture and a coach who can do more with much less. Mullen and Leach fit that mold.

We need that in the next coach or Arnett needs to find assistants who are very good at that.

Commercecomet24
10-30-2023, 11:21 AM
I would say that 99% of us on this board agree.
But the ones that are not on this board, I disagree. College football is entertainment, and they want to be entertained. Had a 13 year old tell me they and their entire party (along with half the crowd) left the OM game in the third quarter Saturday. Said everyone around them was saying they were board up 26-7 because they couldn't move the ball after the first quarter and Vandy couldn't move it all. People want to watch an entertaining product. I get that.

Oh yeah I get it too. I want to see exciting football as well(i was being very extreme in my analogy), but I want to win first. And normally you have to play an exciting brand of football to win consistently(outside of iowa that is, lol). We are definitely living in an instant gratification society.

HancockCountyDog
10-30-2023, 11:33 AM

Haha

If he loses this week, he will probably be available for hire this offseason.

EdwardDrayton
10-30-2023, 11:40 AM

Haha

That's unconditional love too cuz they both have warts.

DownwardDawg
10-30-2023, 11:58 AM
Amen! The hows and whys are meaningless just get the job done!

100%!!!! But this staff ain't getting it done.

Commercecomet24
10-30-2023, 12:05 PM
100%!!!! But this staff ain't getting it done.

Nope, unfortunately the suck knob is turned up to 10.

Coursesuper
10-30-2023, 12:07 PM
Nope, unfortunately the suck knob is turned up to 10.

Don't you mean 11?

Commercecomet24
10-30-2023, 12:08 PM
Don't you mean 11?

LOL, Pretty much!

nicks_hammer
10-30-2023, 12:16 PM
Art Briles = J.W. Sherrill hire 2.0 (media would hate it) Stick a finger in their faces.

StarkVegasSteve
10-30-2023, 12:48 PM
Art Briles = J.W. Sherrill hire 2.0 (media would hate it) Stick a finger in their faces.

I can promise you hiring Briles, and I actually am not against, will cause a media shit storm like we have never seen. Now, if our admin think they can handle that then go for it. But if you think people were negatively recruiting against us before then you have no idea what would happen with Art. Again, I am not against it, but you have to understand how bad the media firestorm would be. Think the complete polar opposite of Deion at Colorado, that would be how the national, regional, and even some local media would treat our program.

KB21
10-30-2023, 12:53 PM
Hire Jeff Lebby, and you will have access to Art Briles whether you want to publicize that or not.

Commercecomet24
10-30-2023, 12:58 PM
I can promise you hiring Briles, and I actually am not against, will cause a media shit storm like we have never seen. Now, if our admin think they can handle that then go for it. But if you think people were negatively recruiting against us before then you have no idea what would happen with Art. Again, I am not against it, but you have to understand how bad the media firestorm would be. Think the complete polar opposite of Deion at Colorado, that would be how the national, regional, and even some local media would treat our program.

And the sec would make sure that we didn't get any breaks on the officiating side of things. They would be instructed to call any small infraction no matter how small.

StarkVegasSteve
10-30-2023, 12:59 PM
Hire Jeff Lebby, and you will have access to Art Briles whether you want to publicize that or not.

I just feel like we a need a HC this time. Our last two coordinator hires have been unmitigated disasters and we ABSOLUTELY have to hit a home run with this hire. I still lean Herman or Chadwell. Herman moreso than Chadwell.

KB21
10-30-2023, 01:01 PM
I just feel like we a need a HC this time. Our last two coordinator hires have been unmitigated disasters and we ABSOLUTELY have to hit a home run with this hire. I still lean Herman or Chadwell. Herman moreso than Chadwell.

I get it, but if you want a great head coach, there's going to be some risk involved. I like Tom Herman because there is some risk there. When OM hired Lane, there was some risk involved there.

DeltaSwamp
10-30-2023, 01:05 PM
If we beat Kentucky, we have a path to a bowl game. If this staff makes a bowl we should be putting out money into buying better players. Arnett came cheap lets flip that into players and then see what's up after just my opinion.

Saturday was disgusting but looking at it on Monday makes me think some of this talk is way too early

StarkVegasSteve
10-30-2023, 01:05 PM
I get it, but if you want a great head coach, there's going to be some risk involved. I like Tom Herman because there is some risk there. When OM hired Lane, there was some risk involved there.

And Herman was still pretty successful at Texas. I mean really outside of a 3-4 year run with Mack, Texas has been and 8 or 9 win for the last 20 years. So he was basically right at that. People forget the year he was fired they were a top 20 team. And he was lights out incredible at Houston. They have been trying to replace him for 8 years.

StarkVegasSteve
10-30-2023, 01:08 PM
If we beat Kentucky, we have a path to a bowl game. If this staff makes a bowl we should be putting out money into buying better players. Arnett came cheap lets flip that into players and then see what's up after just my opinion.

Saturday was disgusting but looking at it on Monday makes me think some of this talk is way too early

The wins are not determining the direction of the program. Hell Moorhead won 8 games and 6 games and everyone knew midway through the 2019 season he needed to be fired. But we got some Cigar Boys that got in Keenum’s ear and told him we could not fire a coach that made a bowl game. Thankfully Shrader could not keep his mouth shut and Willie Gay had a short fuse or Moorhead would have been here til at least 2021.

DeltaSwamp
10-30-2023, 01:11 PM
my bigger point is that we need the players

StarkVegasSteve
10-30-2023, 01:16 PM
my bigger point is that we need the players

And you are not wrong. We need a bunch of them. But I do not of players that will come play for a staff that do not look like they have a plan for what we want to do. We used to at least have an identity on both sides. Now our identity is we suck on both sides. We used to be aggressive on defense and now we are passive and we used to dink and dunk on offense and now we stumble and run into each other if we are all running the right play.

TrapGame
10-30-2023, 01:22 PM

At this point Tom Herman would be a home run hire for this program.

Maverick91
10-30-2023, 03:06 PM

If we end up hiring someone like Herman I hope we build his contract that incentivizes him to perform. These outlandish Jimbo contracts aren’t good for anyone other than the head coach and his generational wealth.

SteelCurtain74
10-30-2023, 03:59 PM

From what I've seen so far, Mrs. Herman would be a homerun as well.

CoachT14
10-30-2023, 06:26 PM

No decent players are coming to play for a lame duck no matter how much you pay them.

Cooterpoot
10-30-2023, 06:34 PM

Can't use school money on players. His salary has nothing to do with NIL.
And no, it's not too early. It's amateur hour on that sideline and recruiting has bottomed out.

Coursesuper
10-30-2023, 06:48 PM

No it is not too early for this kind of discussion. This is a really bad situation.

Mjoelner34
10-30-2023, 07:54 PM

Watching some youtubes of the various names mentioned on here and just watched highlights of FAU vs USF this year. Herman may have some Spurrier in him. Up 56-14 with 6:44 left in the game and he onside kicks. I don't know if he is usually like that or if USF had been talking shit all week. Either way, I chuckled.

TrapGame
10-30-2023, 08:10 PM
Watching some youtubes of the various names mentioned on here and just watched highlights of FAU vs USF this year. Herman may have some Spurrier in him. Up 56-14 with 6:44 left in the game and he onside kicks. I don't know if he is usually like that or if USF had been talking shit all week. Either way, I chuckled.

Herman can be a prick kinda like Lane. But if he's our prick I don't care.

Activated Alpha
10-30-2023, 08:15 PM
Give him some money and time and Herman could be just what we need. If CZA had already been a HC somewhere and we knew he would eventually turn a ship around then I would be in the boat of giving him another year. But the on-field product, press conference issues, and rumors of locker room split I just can't see how we justify giving an inexperienced HC another year.

TrapGame
10-30-2023, 08:23 PM
Give him some money and time and Herman could be just what we need. If CZA had already been a HC somewhere and we knew he would eventually turn a ship around then I would be in the boat of giving him another year. But the on-field product, press conference issues, and rumors of locker room split I just can't see how we justify giving an inexperienced HC another year.

Yeah, I think it's more of a Moorhead situation. It's more than wins and losses. We have some very inept coaches. Herman could be Mullen 2.0 for the program (hopefully without the yearly job shopping).

StarkVegasSteve
10-30-2023, 08:31 PM
Herman can be a prick kinda like Lane. But if he's our prick I don't care.

The last prick we had worked out pretty well.

gtowndawg
10-31-2023, 09:02 AM

I'm falling into this camp as well. I'm highly interested in Herman.

Cooterpoot
10-31-2023, 09:45 AM
Herman is a clear path. Little buyout, good coach, can pull a good staff, proven winner, Mullen-like assholery.
Most others, outside of coordinators, have larger buyouts or aren't coming here for various reasons.

RockyDog
10-31-2023, 09:49 AM

It is just straight false trash opinion that KB and Bucky have floated out there. Some of us fans aren?t 12 and have seen MSU struggle thru decades. NOBODY wants to go back to the Felker or Jackie days of having no passing game whatsoever. But KB has turned the argument around the fact that most of us didn?t care to see his hero throw 75 passes a game that barely cleared the line of scrimmage. I mean how close to caveman football is that?

By damn 2 got his 300 yards every game. But ignore the fact that in MANY of them the TEAM didnt gain 400 yards of offense. Yet this is the greatest offensive machine ever assembled!!!!

GTFO with that crap.

RezDog7
10-31-2023, 09:49 AM
The last prick we had worked out pretty well.

And we play Texas next year. Bet he would be extra motivated for that game too.

gtowndawg
10-31-2023, 09:53 AM

I just hung up the phone with a friend and told him the same thing! (About Herman)

TrapGame
10-31-2023, 10:58 AM

Oh, I didn't think about that. Yeah, I'd be just fine with hiring Herman.