PDA

View Full Version : Public Weather Notice

TheRef
12-04-2013, 01:33 PM
Okay...for just about everyone from the MS Delta and on a large swath to the NE, you have a very real chance of some freezing rain accumulation. Along with some sleet later on in the evening on Friday. Everything will start off around mid-afternoon. So if any of you have relatives in the MS Delta, I'd make sure they have some supplies ready. Now I'm not talking ice storm event freezing rain, but between 0.25" and 0.5" of accumulation on trees and powerlines. So it's still something to watch out for from this far out.

Saltydog
12-04-2013, 01:49 PM
nt

Outside Dawg
12-04-2013, 01:49 PM
Memphis St. Jude Marathon is this Saturday at 8am. 20,000 runners awaiting the weather. Ref, What are the odd of ice accumulation in Memphis remaining into Saturday morning? Race officials are praying it is just cold and the race can go on.

What a choice for my first full...

TheRef
12-04-2013, 01:50 PM
nt

Tupelo has a very slight chance. Not enough to get worked up over so don't even worry about it.

TheRef
12-04-2013, 01:51 PM
Memphis St. Jude Marathon is this Saturday at 8am. 20,000 runners awaiting the weather. Ref, What are the odd of ice accumulation in Memphis remaining into Saturday morning? Race officials are praying it is just cold and the race can go on.

St. Jude is going to to be iffy. I don't see temps going above 32 degrees. Ice accumulation nearing .5" could be a problem. I do see Memphis salting the roads on Thursday or so...so it really depends on how much accumulation.

Saltydog
12-04-2013, 01:53 PM
Now, that would be some great TV..........I'm in..........

Barking 13
12-04-2013, 02:05 PM

My daughter-in-law is in it too, her first full also....

TheRef
12-04-2013, 02:13 PM
My daughter-in-law is in it too, her first full also....

Tell her to bundle up. The high will happen at midnight Saturday morning and it will only get colder from there. I bid them good luck.

Barking 13
12-04-2013, 02:18 PM
Tell her to bundle up. The high will happen at midnight Saturday morning and it will only get colder from there. I bid them good luck.

Thanks, man.. I'll be in my warm house with my grandson on my lap watching football...

ScoobaDawg
12-04-2013, 02:36 PM
Dallas will be getting a full blown ice storm starting thursday evening it looks like. possibly of over an 1" of ice forecast as of now. Comparisons are starting to be made to the ice storm before the super bowl hear a couple years ago. We may not get out of freezing for a while..another shot of precip is forecast for Sunday and next Tuesday single digits is looking possible.

TheRef
12-04-2013, 02:39 PM
Dallas will be getting a full blown ice storm starting thursday evening it looks like. possibly of over an 1" of ice forecast as of now. Comparisons are starting to be made to the ice storm before the super bowl hear a couple years ago. We may not get out of freezing for a while..another shot of precip is forecast for Sunday and next Tuesday single digits is looking possible.

Moral of the story, it could get MUCH worse.

Bully13
12-04-2013, 02:41 PM
Al gore sux

ScoobaDawg
12-04-2013, 02:58 PM
Moral of the story, it could get MUCH worse.

1" of ice is pretty bad... all i can keep thinking of is damnit that would be 10" of snow if not for the "warm nose aloft"!!!

DanDority
12-04-2013, 03:48 PM
Al gore sux

Yeah, but if not for global warming we could be setting on top of a glacier right now. Just think about that! Thank you global warming!!!!******

slickdawg
12-04-2013, 04:02 PM
Dallas has a marathon going this weekend too, and it's in jeopardy because of this potential ice storm. Basically 50 miles north/south of a Dallas to Memphis line has the best chance of frozen precipitation.

Dawgdom
12-04-2013, 05:01 PM
Okay...for just about everyone from the MS Delta and on a large swath to the NE, you have a very real chance of some freezing rain accumulation. Along with some sleet later on in the evening on Friday. Everything will start off around mid-afternoon. So if any of you have relatives in the MS Delta, I'd make sure they have some supplies ready. Now I'm not talking ice storm event freezing rain, but between 0.25" and 0.5" of accumulation on trees and powerlines. So it's still something to watch out for from this far out.

Soooo...is this a one loaf or two loaf storm?

preparedku

TheRef
12-04-2013, 05:04 PM
Soooo...is this a one loaf or two loaf storm?

preparedku

ALL THE LOAVES!!!!!**************

hells bells
12-04-2013, 05:48 PM
This public service announcement brought to you by Winn Dixie of Northwest Mississippi and East Tennessee.