PDA

View Full Version : Now 2 wins below where Leach would have us

Quaoarsking
10-28-2023, 05:38 PM
There's never a "guarantee" of anything, but I think all of us will agree that Leach would be 6-2 right now if we have enough humility to admit it.

I realize that Leach is gone and this kind of thinking isn't productive, but as long as we still have posters insisting that Arnett means more wins than Leach, the point has to be brought up.

drummerdawg
10-28-2023, 05:40 PM
7-1

Todd4State
10-28-2023, 05:43 PM
Exactly. And the people that put Arnett in and lied to the fan base should be held accountable.

Santiago
10-28-2023, 05:45 PM
Exactly. And the people that put Arnett in and lied to the fan base should be held accountable.

They need to be held accountable and not have anything to do with with rebuilding our program.
I really have lost faith in our MSU people in that power circle after seeing their pride have them nuke something that was built for these returning seniors and juniors. I have nothing anymore for the program after this. What really drove it home was all the excuses and water toting for them.

Maroonthirteen
I could understand bringing this up if Leach was fired. But... he wasn't. I know fans say this or that but.... it hurts what could have been if Leach lived.

RockyDog
Delusion.

We added nothing to the offensive side of the ball and Woody would be banged up more than he is now. Creed adds nothing to a dink and dunk offense and he was the only skill player that was added to this team.

This trash defense would be worth at least 3 losses even if Leach was still calling the plays.

Dawgface
10-28-2023, 05:47 PM
I would love to know what really went down last year on the hire. Did Keemun make the call or was he forced fed this by others? And who are the others if so?

Quaoarsking
10-28-2023, 05:47 PM
Delusion.

We added nothing to the offensive side of the ball and Woody would be banged up more than he is now. Creed adds nothing to a dink and dunk offense and he was the only skill player that was added to this team.

This trash defense would be worth at least 3 losses even if Leach was still calling the plays.

Most of this team finished ranked #20 last year. Of course that was with Hall of Fame head coach Mike Leach and not Clown Arnett, but it's reasonable to think we would have been good again.

Bothrops
10-28-2023, 05:48 PM
We lose to Bama and LSU for sure with Leach and possibly a wtf loss in there somewhere too. Like SC, Arizona or today. Our biggest problem is our future. There is no future for this program. There's not enough money, there's not enough care.

Santiago
10-28-2023, 05:50 PM
Arnett and his buddies lied to us saying they would not change much. Then suddenly after being hired they thought they had "a vision" for the offense. Never mind a hall of fame coach just setup a great year for them with a system that works for talent deficiency.
Then the water toters called those complaining "a cult".
But all along we knew who the real cult was, as so much BS excuses for Arnett kept happening.

TrapGame
10-28-2023, 05:51 PM
I would love to know what really went down last year on the hire. Did Keemun make the call or was he forced fed this by others? And who are the others if so?

Maybe b/c of that Keenum is letting Selmon handle the situation even if it means firing Arnett. If Arnett has Sexton as an agent don't y'all think Sexton has reached out to Arnett to let him know Selmon has been calling interested in two or three of his clients?

Maroonthirteen
10-28-2023, 05:51 PM
Our biggest problem is our future. ...... There's not enough money, there's not enough care.

This is my biggest fear.

Homedawg
10-28-2023, 05:52 PM
Lmao

Todd4State
10-28-2023, 05:52 PM
Delusion.

Bullshit.

You were one of the ones that wanted change and now you get to wallow in this shit.

Todd4State
10-28-2023, 05:55 PM
We lose to Bama and LSU for sure with Leach and possibly a wtf loss in there somewhere too. Like SC, Arizona or today. Our biggest problem is our future. There is no future for this program. There's not enough money, there's not enough care.

Only WTF loss he had here that I remember was Memphis.

Santiago
10-28-2023, 05:56 PM
We hired a OC with 1 year experience at Appalachian State, learning his system himself. But yet we read a million excuses on how that was going to make us much better.

Bothrops
10-28-2023, 05:58 PM

Well to his credit that game was a shaft job.

Dawgface
10-28-2023, 05:59 PM
Lmao
The situation is so bad it?s almost funny. I agree

Todd4State
10-28-2023, 06:00 PM
Well to his credit that game was a shaft job.

Exactly.

Todd4State
10-28-2023, 06:01 PM
We hired a OC with 1 year experience at Appalachian State, learning his system himself. But yet we read a million excuses on how that was going to make us much better.

Gonna set up the play action pass with all of those runs with Woody and jet sweeps with Tulu. The other team will never see it coming!**

And Woody won't get hurt now that he isn't getting blown up by all of those swing passes!**

Homedawg
10-28-2023, 06:05 PM

Maybe not wtf losses to you but uk last year, ark 20 just off the top of my head were just two abysmal ones. Let's not act like leach never laid an egg. Matter of fact he had a history of it.

Quaoarsking
10-28-2023, 06:10 PM
Maybe not wtf losses to you but uk last year, ark 20 just off the top of my head were just two abysmal ones. Let's not act like leach never laid an egg. Matter of fact he had a history of it.

Losing a conference game on the road to a bowl team is never really going to be a "WTF loss." Arkansas 2020 I'll give you, but that was the 2nd game of his tenure. He didn't have another one like that.

Really Clark?
10-28-2023, 06:15 PM

None of that happened. We had 1 week to decided if we were going to do a search and lose our class and a lot more transfers or remove the interim label from CZA. That is all it boiled down too. There wasn't some conspiracy or Keenum being forced into something. Just not nearly enough time.

Todd4State
10-28-2023, 06:17 PM

So basically Arnett has almost equaled him in that category in one season?