Friend Schmidt and one off the field staffer

phatdog
10-28-2023, 05:47 PM
2 coaches on our staff has caused a mini civil war over it

are they 17ing idiots?

Maroonthirteen
10-28-2023, 05:48 PM

Friend needs to go. He nor his dad were a "friend" of MSU when his dad was head coach at SHS. Fire his ass on principle alone.

Todd4State
10-28-2023, 05:50 PM

Does it rhyme with Frad Eaterson?

Todd4State
10-28-2023, 05:51 PM
are they 17ing idiots?

Yes they are.

BlackSailsDawg
10-28-2023, 05:53 PM
2 coaches on our staff has caused a mini civil war over it

Yep.

Homedawg
10-28-2023, 05:53 PM
Friend needs to go. He nor his dad were a "friend" of MSU when his dad was head coach at SHS. Fire his ass on principle alone.

Chuck was NOT anti msu. Just not true.

Bothrops
10-28-2023, 05:55 PM
But Will Rogers would have lost today also. At least we know what Wright is now, which is a G5 qb.

parabrave
10-28-2023, 06:08 PM
you are a 17ing idiot.

He isn't. He was Vandys 2nd String. The bigger question should be why is he our best backup?

WSOPdawg
10-28-2023, 06:31 PM
He isn't. He was Vandys 2nd String. The bigger question should be why is he our best backup?

Picture this...
1) Garrett Schraeder starting for Syracuse
2) Jalen Maden starting for San Diego State
3) Brayden Locke starting for Wisconsin
4) Sawyer Roberson started a few games for Baylor this season (but not today)

We've had some QB talent good enough to get on the field at other schools BUT we're now void of true SEC talent (unfortunately).

R2Dawg
10-28-2023, 07:19 PM

Because Leach was married to Will. He wouldn't even get backup reps to prep for future so every QB we had transfered starting with Shrader.

CaptainObvious
10-28-2023, 07:25 PM
Picture this...

We've had some QB talent good enough to get on the field at other schools BUT we're now void of true SEC talent (unfortunately).

That is quite a Farm system we are running in Starkville.

mo7888
10-28-2023, 07:27 PM
Picture this...

A couple things we can take from that is that we can recruit good QB's here. Two of those were pre-ML and two were his. It also gives me good vibes re: CP.... Leach was a good evaluator..

NCDawg
10-28-2023, 07:34 PM
Because Leach was married to Will. He wouldn't even get backup reps to prep for future so every QB we had transfered starting with Shrader.

Primarily because of Will's accuracy, which was the primary reason we won the '21 Auburn game after being down 28-3. Will's accuracy was uncanny in that game.

starkvegasdawg
are they 17ing idiots?

I'm not sure if who they're 17ing are idiots or not, but they themselves sure seem to me.

the_real_MSU_is_us
I didn't think Wright was an "SEC QB", I said we needed to play wright to see if he was because we already KNEW Will wasn't. And I stand by that. Turns out Wright does suck, and we NEED to use real NIL on a Portal QB this offseason. Preferably, a Portal QB that fits the new HCs scheme

Really Clark?
10-28-2023, 07:50 PM
I didn't think Wright was an "SEC QB", I said we needed to play wright to see if he was because we already KNEW Will wasn't. And I stand by that. Turns out Wright does suck, and we NEED to use real NIL on a Portal QB this offseason. Preferably, a Portal QB that fits the new HCs scheme

That's the plan, either way. We were looking to spend a good bit of NIL to get a portal QB either for this staff or the next one.

WSOPdawg
10-28-2023, 07:55 PM
A couple things we can take from that is that we can recruit good QB's here. Two of those were pre-ML and two were his. It also gives me good vibes re: CP.... Leach was a good evaluator..

Yep, starting with Dan followed by NickyFitz, we've proven we can attract a QB.

Agree it was ML's loyalty to Will that wouldn't let the other guys see the field being an albatross that has left us in a bad position at present.

mo7888
10-28-2023, 08:44 PM
Yep, starting with Dan followed by NickyFitz, we've proven we can attract a QB.

Agree it was ML's loyalty to Will that wouldn't let the other guys see the field being an albatross that has left us in a bad position at present.

That's my only real ML criticism... he was stubborn when it came to the other QB's he had on the roster... I can only assume he felt like he could always get another one..

Bothrops
10-28-2023, 08:46 PM
Preferably, a Portal QB that fits the new HCs scheme

Or the current one.

Homedawg
10-28-2023, 09:06 PM
That's my only real ML criticism... he was stubborn when it came to the other QB's he had on the roster... I can only assume he felt like he could always get another one..

He wasn't loyal to Will because he was stubborn. He was loyal to Will bc he was the best guy we had........ by a mile!!!!

BankerDog
10-28-2023, 09:07 PM
He wasn't loyal to Will because he was stubborn. He was loyal to Will bc he was the best guy we had........ by a mile!!!!

Until I watch a now sophomore Brayden Locke at Wisconsin. Locke would?ve beat out Rogers this year. He left because Drew left. They both played at Rockwell and Drew was his lead recruiter.

Lord McBuckethead
10-28-2023, 09:09 PM
Yeah, when he grew some balls and threw the ball downfield.

Really Clark?
10-28-2023, 09:18 PM
Until I watch a now sophomore Brayden Locke at Wisconsin. Locke would?ve beat out Rogers this year. He left because Drew left. They both played at Rockwell and Drew was his lead recruiter.

He liked Longo too, hence being At Wisconsin

Homedawg
10-28-2023, 09:51 PM

Never seen a 46% passer be so praised but ok.....

Bothrops
10-28-2023, 09:52 PM

I don't think anybody was beating out Rogers. Better or worse

Homedawg
10-28-2023, 09:56 PM
Yeah, when he grew some balls and threw the ball downfield.

Locke? 18-39 for 165?? Guess he didn't complete them w a solid 4.2 per attempt.

BlackSailsDawg
10-28-2023, 09:56 PM

No, it's due to what he saw at practice. You are doing the same thing in that situation that was preached here by some. Wright was the answer.... why is Mike not in. Frick this loyalty to Rogers....etc.

The truth is, Sawyer was not ready and Rogers was a 70% passer. You can see Sawyers numbers at Baylor, he simply was not ready. The next guy was a freshman. If there was a serious critique on ML it was the run game.

It appeared he was making a change, but did not live to see it

confucius say
10-28-2023, 09:58 PM
Wright made several really good throws today.
He's not polished obviously.
Solid backup though.
We will hit the portal for a qb. Maybe 2.

Bothrops
10-28-2023, 10:09 PM
Wright made several really good throws today.
He's not polished obviously.
Solid backup though.
We will hit the portal for a qb. Maybe 2.

We're going to lose our receivers.

BlackSailsDawg
10-28-2023, 10:17 PM
We're going to lose our receivers.

We will lose some, yes.

They are not getting the ball and WRs want the ball. We also will forever more recruit the Mike Wrights of the world because the QB is not showcased in this system. RBs? Really? They have to be able to cath in the NFL. That's why Leach recruited them well.

Homedawg
10-28-2023, 10:26 PM
We will lose some, yes.

They are not getting the ball and WRs want the ball. We also will forever more recruit the Mike Wrights of the world because the QB is not showcased in this system. RBs? Really? They have to be able to cath in the NFL. That's why Leach recruited them well.

Thomas had double digit targets today not sure the total, with 9 catches and 2 rushes. Tulu had 5 touches and at least 7 targets. Rara at uga had one catch. One. Now we may lose them all. But our best players do get the most touches. That part is true

BlackSailsDawg
10-28-2023, 10:30 PM
Thomas had double digit targets today not sure the total, with 9 catches and 2 rushes. Tulu had 5 touches and at least 7 targets. Rara at uga had one catch. One. Now we may lose them all. But our best players do get the most touches. That part is true

Thomas has 12 catches on the season.

Homedawg
10-28-2023, 10:35 PM
Thomas has 12 catches on the season.

He had 9 today...... so he has more than Rara.

BlackSailsDawg
10-28-2023, 10:45 PM
He had 9 today...... so he has more than Rara.

That's not the point. We have played 8 games and he has 12 catches. That is 1.5 catches per game. That's not going to keep our highly recruited WRs out of the portal.

Really Clark?
10-28-2023, 10:53 PM
That's not the point. We have played 8 games and he has 12 catches. That is 1.5 catches per game. That's not going to keep our highly recruited WRs out of the portal.

He had 12 before today. 21 now and 3 rushes. 24 total touches for the season and he didn't play the first game and was limited the second game.

Homedawg
10-28-2023, 10:53 PM
Hes played 6. But I get your point.

Homedawg
10-28-2023, 11:16 PM
He had 12 before today. 21 now and 3 rushes. 24 total touches for the season and he didn't play the first game and was limited the second game.

I didn't look it up. But shocking the facts weren't displayed in an honest manner