PDA

View Full Version : No making excuses on NIL-we did this to ourselves

Santiago
10-28-2023, 04:06 PM
The decisions by Arnett and those that wanted to go a 180 from a scheme designed to compete against talent deficiency is showing now.
I am not some "cult". I love MSU, but it was logically the most asinine thing we have done, and with a DC becoming HC that has no clue about offense.

We will always need an equalizer to compete against the SEC teams, and no this is not 1997 when the SEC for the most part was all down compared to today's SEC.

StarkVegasSteve
10-28-2023, 04:08 PM
The decisions by Arnett and those that wanted to go a 180 from a scheme designed to compete against talent deficiency is showing now.
I am not some "cult". I love MSU, but it was logically the most asinine thing we have done, and with a DC becoming HC that has no clue about offense.

We will always need an equalizer to compete against the SEC teams, and no this is not 1997 when the SEC for the most part was all down compared to today's SEC.

The air raid the way we ran it was not an equalizer.

Santiago
10-28-2023, 04:11 PM

Without Leach it was not going to be the same anyway.
Changing the scheme 180 with all the returning seniors is not looking so smart.
And it has been beaten to death, but we were running the air raid with one arm tied behind us, without the 4 star QBs taking over in the infinite future.

Maroonthirteen
10-28-2023, 04:13 PM
The whole Air raid v current offense is so exhausting. I'm not going to argue we should have stayed with the air raid and become to the AR as service academies are to triple option.

However I agree. It was a huge mistake to make ZA HC and give him or whomever the authority to fire the staff. We should have made ZA HC and told him to keep the staff together for another season until he could
Prove himself and we regroup this hiring cycle.

I do t know if Leachs guys would have agreed to that. But seems like an obvious solution now, rather than what we did. Because this current staff, isn't a long term solution. They are clueless

StarkVegasSteve
10-28-2023, 04:15 PM
Without Leach it was not going to be the same anyway.
Changing the scheme 180 with all the returning seniors is not looking so smart.
And it has been beaten to death, but we were running the air raid with one arm tied behind us, without the 4 star QBs taking over in the infinite future.

Now that I can get behind. We were going to have to change it to a modern AR like Dykes and Riley run.

Santiago
10-28-2023, 04:16 PM
The whole Air raid v current offense is so exhausting. I'm not going to argue we should have stayed with the air raid and become to the AR as service academies are to triple option.

However I agree. It was a huge mistake to make ZA HC and give him or whomever the authority to fire the staff. We should have made ZA HC and told him to keep the staff together for another until he could

I do t know if Leachs guys would have agreed to that. But seems like an obvious solution now, rather than what we did. Because this current staff, isn't a long term solution. They are clueless

Agree. We are the service academy in the SEC other than Vandy, and need an equalizer, whatever that may be. We had better QBs coming in and just never really saw this yet at its best with SEC QB talent.
I thought it was good with what we were making out of the talent.

StarkVegasSteve
10-28-2023, 04:17 PM

However I agree. It was a huge mistake to make ZA HC and give him or whomever the authority to fire the staff. We should have made ZA HC and told him to keep the staff together for another season until he could

The other problem is we gave Brad Peterson too much power.

Santiago
10-28-2023, 04:28 PM
The other problem is we gave Brad Peterson too much power.

Rosebowl said yesterday that is FALSE.
Getting harder to ever even glance at that site again.

StarkVegasSteve
10-28-2023, 04:32 PM

Think about that. Rosebowl said it. Remember how he got his nickname. He has been right on one thing his entire career and that was on accident and he was fed the info by a lawyer Ole Miss had pissed off.

Ranchdawg
10-28-2023, 05:36 PM
Everybody is screaming nil. Poor us we can?t afford quality players no kids want to come a place like Starkville. I don?t remember world beater with nil players like Arizona or Western Michigan have players run into each in the backfield on a simple handoff or receiver run a route down the sideline have the ball thrown his way and he never turns around or have a offense player commit a blindside block for 2nd weekend in a row come to the sideline and laugh about it. That?s coaching.

TheLostDawg
10-28-2023, 05:40 PM
To be fair, seems like we went after K briles. We should have done whatever to not miss on that. After that miss we had to scramble. The other thing we screwed up on was naming Arnett HC. Should have done like the racists and left him with the interim HC for a season since we did it to keep "continuity" or whatever bs they spewed

Coursesuper
10-28-2023, 05:42 PM

Give me one 17ing reason to believe a ******* thing Rosebowl types, our anything that come out of his suck? He is playing y?all and you willingly believe all his propaganda.

drummerdawg
10-28-2023, 05:53 PM

BS. We wouldn't have come from behind and won at Auburn in 2021 with another system. The AR gave us a legitimate shot in every game outside of Bama. I always felt we could make a comeback in every game even after getting down. Never felt that way with Mullen, or any other coach/system we've had. I think Will held us back in our potential and I think having a more mobile QB would have made the offense really excel. It was very much an equalizer system.

BlackSailsDawg
10-28-2023, 05:58 PM

Those people that use the word "cult" are nothing more than sad, pathetic, idiots. There is absolutely a coaching issue here and we are going to let it drag us to the worst team in the SEC for the foreseeable future if we don;t make a change

Santiago
10-28-2023, 06:02 PM
Those people that use the word "cult" are nothing more than sad, pathetic, idiots. There is absolutely a coaching issue here and we are going to let it drag us to the worst team in the SEC for the foreseeable future if we don;t make a change

Robbie on 247 was using it just yesterday. To me it was small and pathetic especially from someone on their staff. But it shows just how much undercurrent was going on for the system to change. That is the real cult.

Maroonthirteen
10-28-2023, 06:22 PM
Robbie on 247 was using it just yesterday. To me it was small and pathetic especially from someone on their staff.

Faulk is a huge d bag.

Todd4State
10-28-2023, 06:39 PM
Robbie on 247 was using it just yesterday. To me it was small and pathetic especially from someone on their staff. But it shows just how much undercurrent was going on for the system to change. That is the real cult.

I still laugh about him being so eager to call Air Raid people out because we got more yards against a FCS team while scoring fewer points. Especially with us looking like trash for three quarters.

Mjoelner34
10-28-2023, 06:40 PM

He also said the moon landing was fake. So........

StarkVegasSteve
10-28-2023, 06:44 PM
I still laugh about him being so eager to call Air Raid people out because we got more yards against a FCS team while scoring fewer points. Especially with us looking like trash for three quarters.

No I appreciate that. He is sticking up for Mississippi State against low life losers like Crissy Froyd and KB21. One claims he is an MSU fan but would rather us lose so he can be proven right and the other is a media member who sucks at her job so she tries to make everything personal so people will feel sorry for her. 17 them just as much as the Arnett defenders.

CaptainObvious
10-28-2023, 06:52 PM
He also said the moon landing was fake. So........

Wait? What? There was a Moon Landing? Soviets?

Santiago
10-28-2023, 06:53 PM
To be fair, seems like we went after K briles. We should have done whatever to not miss on that. After that miss we had to scramble. The other thing we screwed up on was naming Arnett HC. Should have done like the racists and left him with the interim HC for a season since we did it to keep "continuity" or whatever bs they spewed

agree... our administration said "keep continuity", and then Arnett says "not changing much". Then changed alot.
Then in a brilliant marketing push by those in this circle, you are branded "a cult" if you criticize these same people for lying and changing.

Lord McBuckethead
10-28-2023, 09:16 PM
It could be that air raid, with some tweaks. Instead, we just decided we didn?t want to win and went a totally different direction.

msudawg1200
10-29-2023, 08:49 AM
Nailed it. The AR haters are the "cult". I DGAS if we run the wishbone. I just want to win and this staff isn't the answer.