PDA

View Full Version : Nick Ammirati - SEC POW

slickdawg
04-22-2013, 02:21 PM
http://www.secdigitalnetwork.com/NEWS/tabid/473/Article/244453/sec-baseball-players-of-the-week.aspx

PLAYER OF THE WEEK
Nick Ammirati • Mississippi State
Junior • C • Sparta, N.J

MSU’s Nick Ammirati extended his hitting streak to five games with three multi-hit games in State’s series win against Auburn. H went 6-for-11 (.545) and drove in three runs against the Tigers. Drove in MSU’s lone run with a ninth-inning single in a 3-1 loss. He singled twice, scored twice and drove in two runs in MSU’s series-clinching Game 3 win.

Goat Holder
04-22-2013, 02:24 PM
Really have to love a guy who accomplished what he has.

WeWillScrewItUp
04-22-2013, 02:38 PM
Tip of the hat to Ammo.

HereComesTheSpiral
04-22-2013, 04:21 PM
Seems like he gets better and better every game he's back there. Is he the full time catcher now?

slickdawg
04-22-2013, 04:22 PM
Seems like he gets better and better every game he's back there. Is he the full time catcher now?

Yes, Mitch Slauter has a hairline fracture in his hand where he was hit by a pitch a couple of weeks ago. Probably out another 2 weeks.

Todd4State
04-22-2013, 04:30 PM
He has come a long way since getting pulled out of the Mississippi Valley State game last year.

HereComesTheSpiral
04-22-2013, 04:30 PM
Yes, Mitch Slauter has a hairline fracture in his hand where he was hit by a pitch a couple of weeks ago. Probably out another 2 weeks.

What about whenever slaughter comes back? Has Ammo made enough improvement to be the number one?

CadaverDawg
04-22-2013, 05:26 PM
What about whenever slaughter comes back? Has Ammo made enough improvement to be the number one?

I say yes. In my opinion, Ammo has always been better at throwing runners out. His liability was always his bat compared to Slauter. But now, he has the upper hand in both categories, so I expect Ammo to start when Slauter is healthy. I would love to see Mitch DH though when we face a lefty, and let Porter keep DHing against righties.

We can't afford to take Ammo's bat out of the lineup right now. Never thought I would say that.

sbcmortgageman
04-22-2013, 07:28 PM
Porter, bless his soul, has rarely delivered. I'd rather see saluter DH no matter what. Isn't Ammo a switch batter? So we don't lose much with him changing sides of the plate. Maybe I'm right. Maybe not.