PDA

View Full Version : Week 8 Prediction Thread-This Is Gonna Be A Rockfight Edition

StarkVegasSteve
10-26-2023, 09:15 AM
Well last week was a win. A good defensive performance against a team who has quit. Hopefully we find the same thing this week. We have had the Tigers number lately but not so much the number of Hugh Freeze. If we could somehow get past this one with a W then this season has a chance to be salvaged.

I do not know why, because I have ZERO faith in Arnett, but I think we pull this one out in another rockfight 17-13.

Wright Pass Yds- 130

Wright Rush Yds- 75

False Start Penalties- 5

Coach34
10-26-2023, 09:22 AM
Ultra Conservative HC 20 Lying Hypocrite HC 16

sandjunky
10-26-2023, 09:54 AM
3-2 Part deux but win

WTH not??

parabrave
10-26-2023, 10:34 AM
3-2 Part deux but win

WTH not??

30-7 good guys, Arnett gets away from Barbay. Just kidding 10-7 good guys.

BlackSailsDawg
10-26-2023, 10:48 AM
28-10 Auburn.

Maverick91
10-26-2023, 10:55 AM
28-10 Auburn.

Who crawled in your butt and started digging? There is no evidence that will happen, there is more evidence that we will win 28-10 especially if arnett backs off.

Maverick91
10-26-2023, 10:58 AM
I think their offense is to anemic to do anything against our defense especially if our defense from last week shows up.

Arnett puts his hands in the cookie jar - State 17-7

Arnett let’s Barbay do his thing - State 31 - 10

GoDawgz
10-26-2023, 11:02 AM
11-8.....either way.... just tried to think of the oddest score I could, cause nobody knows whats going to happen.

MrCoachKlein
10-26-2023, 11:06 AM
17-13 dawgs

R2Dawg
10-26-2023, 11:45 AM
28-10 Auburn.

Ha. More like AR cult what they hope happens 28-10 Aub. AR cult if only we ran AR it would be 48-3 Dawgs.

Real MSU fans - Dawgs win ugly by any score.

DawgFromOxford
10-26-2023, 11:50 AM
I have 0 faith our defense from last week shows up this week. I have faith the offense performs better with Wright having another week of 1st team reps. 31-21 Dawgs.

confucius say
10-26-2023, 11:55 AM
20-14 auburn

HancockCountyDog
10-26-2023, 11:58 AM
Rosebowl's favorite team: 23
Rosebowl's favorite John : 17

BlackSailsDawg
10-26-2023, 12:01 PM
Who crawled in your butt and started digging? There is no evidence that will happen, there is more evidence that we will win 28-10 especially if arnett backs off.

It's a BS narrative that the HC is holding the great Barbay at bay in play calling. There is all kinds of evidence that they can beat us and we have the ability to allow it. USCe for the example.

BlackSailsDawg
10-26-2023, 12:03 PM
Ha. More like AR cult what they hope happens 28-10 Aub. AR cult if only we ran AR it would be 48-3 Dawgs.

Real MSU fans - Dawgs win ugly by any score.

You can try to make this about anything other than what it's about, but the fact is this staff has not shown anything and it's about THIS staff. Even in the Ark we were still blocking in the wrong direction.

DownwardDawg
10-26-2023, 12:05 PM
8-6 State. Two FG's and a safety.

Maverick91
10-26-2023, 12:10 PM
It's a BS narrative that the HC is holding the great Barbay at bay in play calling. There is all kinds of evidence that they can beat us and we have the ability to allow it. USCe for the example.

You are going to use one game that was four games ago as a reason that they beat us. We have been on a consistent climb albeit a really gross climb. Auburn hasn’t done anything all year to prove they have an offense with a pulse. South Carolina would beat them by three touchdowns.

MrCoachKlein
10-26-2023, 12:11 PM
You can try to make this about anything other than what it's about, but the fact is this staff has not shown anything and it's about THIS staff. Even in the Ark we were still blocking in the wrong direction.

Crazy this totally inept staff is scoring the same as a HOF coach running the 'best' scheme ever in FBS games that will has started.

Maverick91
10-26-2023, 12:12 PM

Yeah it’s crazy the things that a non statue QB can hide on the offensive line.

BlackSailsDawg
10-26-2023, 12:14 PM
You are going to use one game that was four games ago as a reason that they beat us. We have been on a consistent climb albeit a really gross climb. Auburn hasn’t done anything all year to prove they have an offense with a pulse. South Carolina would beat them by three touchdowns.

No, I am using one example. We have NOT been on a climb. Beating an demoralized and dysfunctional 5 game losing streak team 7-3 is not a consistent climb.

MrCoachKlein
10-26-2023, 12:15 PM

So your point is that Barbay sucks because a game the defense and bad picks by will blew?

BlackSailsDawg
10-26-2023, 12:15 PM
Crazy this totally inept staff is scoring the same as a HOF coach running the 'best' scheme ever in FBS games that will has started.

Yeah, they are not. We are scoring points less per game this season.

BlackSailsDawg
10-26-2023, 12:16 PM
Yeah it’s crazy the things that a non statue QB can hide on the offensive line.

Has nothing to do with what I stated. We are in game 7 and still don't know who to block.

BlackSailsDawg
10-26-2023, 12:18 PM
So your point is that Barbay sucks because a game the defense and bad picks by will blew?

No, I am saying Barbay sucks because he sucks. He's not been able to put in the system he just learned. Which is why the OL is still going in the wrong direction in week 7 on plays.

Maverick91
10-26-2023, 12:20 PM
No, I am using one example. We have NOT been on a climb. Beating an demoralized and dysfunctional 5 game losing streak team 7-3 is not a consistent climb.

1. I didn?t reference arky as the climb I referenced in general the team this year.
2. That?s my point you can?t use 1 example from (correction 3 games ago) to say that auburn is going to beat our breaks in. Our defense that night had no understanding of pass coverage and the WRs USCE has are miles better than anything auburn can put on the field. It?s not a good comparison.

BlackSailsDawg
10-26-2023, 12:33 PM
1. I didn?t reference arky as the climb I referenced in general the team this year.
2. That?s my point you can?t use 1 example from (correction 3 games ago) to say that auburn is going to beat our breaks in. Our defense that night had no understanding of pass coverage and the WRs USCE has are miles better than anything auburn can put on the field. It?s not a good comparison.

1- In general, we are not on a climb. We are 6 points per game down this year.
2- Sir they did not have the pass coverage vs Ark. What the defense had was a KJ not hitting nor seeing the open guy. There is a film break down of that.

Really Clark?
10-26-2023, 12:34 PM
No, I am saying Barbay sucks because he sucks. He's not been able to put in the system he just learned. Which is why the OL is still going in the wrong direction in week 7 on plays.

"The Tigers have suffered all season: pre-snap penalties, plays run incorrectly by a quarterback or receiver, incorrect reads at the line of scrimmage or missed blocking assignments by the offensive line. It?s not all bad on offense ? the running backs are good, though not great"

Not defending our offense but Freeze sucks to then, right? Will going down is going to hurt our offense, I said that he gave us the best chance to score this season from the start of the season. Prior to last week, the offense still wasn't clicking but wasn't as far off scoring as you keep making to out to be. Still a lot to clean up. Watching a lot of football this year it's been this way for a lot of teams. A lot of offenses are not clicking this season. It's part of the reason why there's such parody this season.

Really Clark?
10-26-2023, 12:36 PM
1- In general, we are not on a climb. We are 6 points per game down this year.
2- Sir they did not have the pass coverage vs Ark. What the defense had was a KJ not hitting nor seeing the open guy. There is a film break down of that.

Our pass coverage graded out very high last week nationally from third party graders. The coverage was good last week. KJ missed some passes, pressure also caused some of those passes to be missed.

BlackSailsDawg
10-26-2023, 12:39 PM
Our pass coverage graded out very high last week nationally from third party graders. The coverage was good last week. KJ missed some passes, pressure also caused some of those passes to be missed.

I don't give a damn who graded us based on stats. I look at film. And KJ failed to connect and failed to see the open people. He even did that when he decided to take off. Guy wide open in fornt of him for a first down and he decided to run... and not get the first down.

Really Clark?
10-26-2023, 12:41 PM
I don't give a damn who graded us based on stats. I look at film. And KJ failed to connect and failed to see the open people. He even did that when he decided to take off. Guy wide open in fornt of him for a first down and he decided to run... and not get the first down.

Uhhh, these are graded completely by film by people who actually know how to break down film, not stats. You are completely wrong on our pass coverage last week.

Commercecomet24
10-26-2023, 12:43 PM
Uhhh, these are graded completely by film by people who actually know how to break down film, not stats. You are completely wrong on our pass coverage last week.

This. The grades are based completely on game film, and might I add they actually look at multiple camera angles not just the tv view so they have a much better idea of coverages as opposed to the "experts" on here who are looking at tv view only. Funny how folks on here can use the stats, metrics and analytics when it supports their opinion but totally disregard it when it proves them wrong. smh

Coach34
10-26-2023, 12:46 PM

I deem thee BS Dawg- because thats all you spew.

I'm just glad to see that win Saturday hurt you. Hopefully we get another this Saturday and it feels like a kick to the balls. 28-10 you said. We'll see soon enough

Really Clark?
10-26-2023, 12:47 PM
This. The grades are based completely on game film, and might I add they actually look at multiple camera angles not just the tv view so they have a much better idea of coverages as opposed to the "experts" on here who are looking at tv view only. Funny how folks on here can use the stats, metrics and analytics when it supports their opinion but totally disregard it when it proves them wrong. smh

This is correct!!

BlackSailsDawg
10-26-2023, 12:53 PM

No I am not! KJ threw it in the dirt to a wide open WR in the endzone.

MBDawg601
10-26-2023, 12:56 PM
13-10 Auburn neither offense has over 250 yards, but our special teams fails us. We can all rejoice about how great our defense played for the 2nd week in a row, but sulk in the 3 point loss.

Really Clark?
10-26-2023, 01:07 PM
No I am not! KJ threw it in the dirt to a wide open WR in the endzone.

You can keep posting it all you want, our pass coverage graded out highly nationally last week from people who actually have a clue what they are looking at and do it for a living. You are completely wrong. A QB missing a pass happens and can be completely irrelevant to the overall grading of the entire pass coverage.

Funny how OL grading of our players from the same third party graders was used, I believe by you if not others you agree with, to show how bad they missed blocking assignments. But now you want to disagree with them? That's beyond hypocritical.

BlackSailsDawg
10-26-2023, 01:13 PM
You can keep posting it all you want, our pass coverage graded out highly nationally last week from people who actually have a clue what they are looking at and do it for a living. You are completely wrong. A QB missing a pass happens and can be completely irrelevant to the overall grading of the entire pass coverage.

Funny how OL grading of our players from the same third party graders was used, I believe by you if not others you agree with, to show how bad they missed blocking assignments. But now you want to disagree with them? That's beyond hypocritical.

I have not mentioned an OL grader. Again, He missed wide open WRs and failed to see others.

Homedawg
10-26-2023, 01:15 PM
Let me ask this to blacksails, so when our offense looked poor last year or any year in the CML era, was it bad playing calling or poor play by Will? Or the line ? Or whoever?

BlackSailsDawg
10-26-2023, 01:19 PM
Let me ask this to blacksails, so when our offense looked poor last year or any year in the CML era, was it bad playing calling or poor play by Will? Or the line ? Or whoever?

I'm not trying to make this into a CML vs Barbay. This is a collection or body of work from this staff. And they are failing in all levels. From training our guys to putting them in piss poor position to win. From recruiting to evaluations. Most of this staff simply SUCKS!

RezDog7
10-26-2023, 01:20 PM

Are you this hard on Will when he missed wide open receivers or failed to throw down field? Oh wait, that's when you blamed the receivers for not running the correct routes.

Homedawg
10-26-2023, 01:23 PM
I'm not trying to make this into a CML vs Barbay. This is a collection or body of work from this staff. And they are failing in all levels. From training our guys to putting them in piss poor position to win. From recruiting to evaluations. Most of this staff simply SUCKS!

So you not gonna answer. Right out of kb21 playbook. Dodge deflect.

Really Clark?
10-26-2023, 01:23 PM
I have not mentioned an OL grader. Again, He missed wide open WRs and failed to see others.

Again, irrelevant to our pass coverage grade. A QB missing a pass happens and can be completely irrelevant in grading. Just like you can have a positive pass coverage grade on a completed pass.

Like I said in my previous post, I might have misremembered you posting an OL grade for someone else that you agree with consistently.

RezDog7
10-26-2023, 01:25 PM

Our offense was god awful Leach's first year. I guess it only matters when it's "not your guy"

TrapGame
10-26-2023, 01:26 PM
Another good thread derailed.

I'm not sold on Arnett and company but another win brings me closer. I actually think we win 23-17.

StarkVegasSteve
10-26-2023, 01:28 PM
Guys this is just the damn prediction thread. Lets at least try to keep this one predictions. I mean there are 3947295929420381 other threads that you can argue old staff vs new staff and there will be 29549693218847 more.

BlackSailsDawg
10-26-2023, 01:28 PM

I didn't dodge anything and the only person deflecting was you by trying to make this about the former staff.

MBDawg601
10-26-2023, 01:29 PM
Guys this is just the damn prediction thread. Lets at least try to keep this one predictions. I mean there are 3947295929420381 other threads that you can argue old staff vs new staff and there will be 29549693218847 more.

Oddly specific numbers. Lol!

PMDawg
10-26-2023, 01:31 PM
21-10 Auburn.

Maverick91
10-26-2023, 01:33 PM

Thank you!

Really Clark?
10-26-2023, 01:36 PM
Guys this is just the damn prediction thread. Let's at least try to keep this one predictions. I mean there are 3947295929420381 other threads that you can argue old staff vs new staff and there will be 29549693218847 more.

I thought it was more than that honestly. Lol

You are right. My apologies

Maverick91

Stark this is my fault I poked the bear he got under my skin with his prediction and well yeah you see what has happened. I take full responsibility if you want to slap him with a two hour suspension on my behalf I would understand.

Coach34

Speaking of- he strangely disappeared since the win.....

BlackSailsDawg
Again, irrelevant to our pass coverage grade. A QB missing a pass happens and can be completely irrelevant in grading. Just like you can have a positive pass coverage grade on a completed pass.

Like I said in my previous post, I might have misremembered you posting an OL grade for someone else that you agree with consistently.

You are the one that raised the OL grading and how I used it and it's hypocritical. I didn't. He didn't miss a pass. He missed passes and failed to pass it. He had a QBR of 15.8 In fact, he completed LESS than his average this season. His grade vs LSU and Bama was bad... but still 5 times HIGHER than us.

BlackSailsDawg
10-26-2023, 01:37 PM

I gave mine, and won't respond anymore in here.

StarkVegasSteve
10-26-2023, 01:40 PM
Stark this is my fault I poked the bear he got under my skin with his prediction and well yeah you see what has happened. I take full responsibility if you want to slap him with a two hour suspension on my behalf I would understand.

Nah man it happens. I like the passion honestly. At least we have differing of opinions this week instead of the last few where we knew there was no hope.

Commercecomet24
10-26-2023, 01:56 PM

My bad, I contributed to the insanity as well.

Homedawg
10-26-2023, 02:08 PM

Half of your posts are about how crappy this staff is. The other half are about the last staff and the mighty AR. So hell yeah it's a valid question. But you dodged it like I expected. And you don't have a clue how to watch film.

Maverick91
10-26-2023, 02:57 PM
Nah man it happens. I like the passion honestly. At least we have differing of opinions this week instead of the last few where we knew there was no hope.

It is crazy last weeks prediction thread was barely two pages this one is three pages and o your original ink isn’t even dry yet. Crazy what a win will do.

DownwardDawg
10-26-2023, 08:45 PM
What were we talking about??

MrCoachKlein
10-27-2023, 08:28 AM
Yeah, they are not. We are scoring points less per game this season.

A whopping 0.65 ppg less

327 offensive points in 12 games. 27.25

133 in 5 FBS games with Will starting 26.6.

I guess you could say Barbay is 97.6% as good as leach lol. Then again he's playing with Leach's guys that don't fit his system, so one could argue his scheme is better than the outdated air raid.

MrCoachKlein
10-27-2023, 08:40 AM
For what it's worth FEI has it

Auburn 18.3 Mississippi State 12.5

Coach34
10-27-2023, 09:29 AM
I think the under is one of the bets of the week

StarkVegasSteve
10-27-2023, 09:52 AM
This game, IMO, is going to boil down to 2 things. 1) Can our defense sustain the play they had last weekend. And 2) Can Arnett stay out of the offense. I still think Barbay can scheme us to 21-24 points if Arnett will get out of the way.

Tbonewannabe
10-27-2023, 10:21 AM
17-14 MSU. Praying the defense continues to improve but also can Auburn complete the wide open 15 yard pass in the middle of the field that is always there?

Tbonewannabe
10-27-2023, 10:22 AM
This game, IMO, is going to boil down to 2 things. 1) Can our defense sustain the play they had last weekend. And 2) Can Arnett stay out of the offense. I still think Barbay can scheme us to 21-24 points if Arnett will get out of the way.

Arnett feels very Croom like in that regard.

Commercecomet24
10-27-2023, 11:29 AM
I'm gonna say auburn 17-14, only because every time i predict us winning by a specific score, I jinx us. So reverse jinx on auburn.

Maverick91
10-27-2023, 11:31 AM
For what it's worth FEI has it

Auburn 18.3 Mississippi State 12.5

Well this was much more fun than last weeks adding up, thanks guys for contributing. I am posting here due to the fact that based on all of our predictions we are very close to what FEI states.

This thread is predicting state will win in a ridiculous nail biter. 15.7-13.3. Take your over or take the under this should be a good game to the casual fan out there.

I’m going with the over for us and say we get two touchdowns and a safely and the under for Auburn. They get three field goals and two safety’s against us. I don’t think I have ever watched a game with three safety’s. Should be fun.

MrCoachKlein
10-27-2023, 11:34 AM
I think the under is one of the bets of the week

That's what my dad said. He's pretty good at picking em.

sleepy dawg
10-27-2023, 12:04 PM
Auburn 25 - 17

basedog
10-27-2023, 01:06 PM
Auburn 24 Msu 17 Hope I am wrong!

Dawgface
10-27-2023, 01:17 PM
16 - 10 AU

parabrave
10-27-2023, 01:34 PM
If I could go over to the Aubbie page they are probably saying the same things about their team as we are about us. 17-7 us. Wright breaks a big one.

BlackSailsDawg
10-28-2023, 05:45 PM
28-10 Auburn.

Yeah... I'm gonna bump it.

the_real_MSU_is_us
10-28-2023, 06:50 PM
Wow SO much bullying from the pro Arnett crowd, and the irony of all that "you'll eat crow" comments blown right back at them.

This staff sucks. No, it's not just the "AR Cult" that sees it well enough to call for an Auburn win. We need to clean house and C34 doesn't have the buyout excuse he used to justify keeping Lemo

BlackSailsDawg
10-28-2023, 07:07 PM
Wow SO much bullying from the pro Arnett crowd, and the irony of all that "you'll eat crow" comments blown right back at them.

This staff sucks. No, it's not just the "AR Cult" that sees it well enough to call for an Auburn win. We need to clean house and C34 doesn't have the buyout excuse he used to justify keeping Lemo

We only beat Arkansas because KJ was bad off all game.