PDA

View Full Version : KB's choice for OC on TV tonight W. Kentucky

Coach34
10-24-2023, 08:47 PM
down 21-10 to Liberty in the 3rd

Let's all watch this mastermind craft a comeback win with his AR knowledge

Santiago
10-24-2023, 08:51 PM
They scored more than 7 points, and in the first half. Already better than what I saw this past Saturday in Arkansas.
This might not be the best week to be poking at other offenses.

Coach34
10-24-2023, 08:54 PM
They play little schools- not top flight college programs. 10 points headed to the end of the 3rd Q

We would roll on Liberty

Its like coaching HS vs Middle School

Santiago
10-24-2023, 08:58 PM
They play little schools- not top flight college programs. 10 points headed to the end of the 3rd Q

We would roll on Liberty

In this matchup tonight, Liberty QB is a transfer from TN, and WKY QB is a Div 2 transfer.
They had a WR open at the end of the first half , on 2 different drives.
Play calling was fine, but the Jimmy and Joes wasn't there.

We only beat Western Michigan by a few points. Not so sure we would roll many teams right now.

Speaking of HS v. Middle School, where did our OC come from? He only had one year as App State OC at that. Just curious if he was a high school league prodigy to get to jump directly to the SEC.
Our OC is from Central Michigan as OC for a year, and App State as OC for a year. But he jumped directly to the SEC as an OC.

Really Clark?
10-24-2023, 09:03 PM
Drew is still having the same problems as Arbuckle has had this season and Leach had last year. Second half, 2 drives, 2 punts.

Really Clark?
10-24-2023, 09:04 PM
In this matchup tonight, Liberty QB is a transfer from TN, and WKY QB is a Div 2 transfer.
They had a WR open at the end of the first half , on 2 different drives.
Play calling was fine, but the Jimmy and Joes wasn't there.

We only beat Western Michigan by a few points. Not so sure we would roll many teams right now.

Speaking of HS v. Middle School, where did our OC come from? He only had one year as App State OC at that. Just curious if he was a high school league prodigy to get to jump directly to the SEC.

WKU has the same QB as last year and their top WR from last who had over 100 catches. They have regressed from last season a good bit.

Santiago
10-24-2023, 09:05 PM
WKU has the same QB as last year and their top WR from last who had over 100 catches. They have regressed from last season a good bit.

the QB is Div 2 transfer. They have lost some talent in recent years. How many transfers do they have? 50?
Hugh got Liberty some good transfers and players for Chadwell this year

Santiago
10-24-2023, 09:06 PM
Drew is still having the same problems as Arbuckle has had this season and Leach had last year. Second half, 2 drives, 2 punts.

and Barbay

Really Clark?
10-24-2023, 09:08 PM
the QB is Div 2 transfer. They have lost some talent in recent years. How many transfers do they have? 50?

Their QB is the same one from last year who was 33rd nationally in QB rating and 77th this season. It's the play calling this year.

Really Clark?
10-24-2023, 09:09 PM
and Barbay

Yeah but y'all continuously tell us about how much better the AR is vs all other schemes. Now it's on par with Barbay with that post?

Santiago
10-24-2023, 09:11 PM
Their QB is the same one from last year who was 33rd nationally in QB rating and 77th this season. It's the play calling this year.

He still is a Div 2 QB from Western Floriday. Just saying there tends to be a quick trigger to point at the offensive system, but not at the talent.
They have had much better QBs before, as far as overall talent level.

Santiago
10-24-2023, 09:14 PM
Yeah but y'all continuously tell us about how much better the AR is vs all other schemes. Now it's on par with Barbay with that post?

Right now, Croom is on par with Barbay

msstate7
10-24-2023, 09:14 PM
He still is a Div 2 QB from Western Floriday. Just saying there tends to be a quick trigger to point at the offensive system, but not at the talent.

They were 7th nationally last season in total offense. They're 75th this season. Same qb both years

Santiago
10-24-2023, 09:15 PM
They were 7th nationally last season in total offense. They're 75th this season. Same qb both years

now do MSU

Really Clark?
10-24-2023, 09:16 PM

When it's the same QB as last year at WKU where it's only the OC that's changed, then it's a moot point.

msstate7
10-24-2023, 09:17 PM
now do MSU

62nd last year
94th this season

ETA... I guess if you using same criteria as WKU (returning qb), you'd throw last week out.... that would put us at 375.5 ypg vs 392.9 ypg last season

StarkVegasSteve
10-24-2023, 09:20 PM
Drew will be a good play caller but he is far too green to be a play caller at WKU, much less the P5 level and much much less the SEC level. And this is coming from someone who thinks very highly of Drew. He has to get away from the pure air raid of Leach to be really successful. There is a reason only Leach was running it, it was because only he knew how to truly use it. There is a reason some, including myself, said that the pure Air Raid died with Leach.

Really Clark?
10-24-2023, 09:22 PM
Right now, Croom is on par with Barbay

Moving the goalpost from what you posted. The biggest regression for this season happened from 1 game without our starting QB. It's was close to last season before the Ark game. Most likely will end lower than last season. Still a good bit to go to bottom out at Croom level

RezDog7
10-24-2023, 09:22 PM
62nd last year
94th this season

Looks like we've sucked for two year's straight. Might be the talent.

Really Clark?
10-24-2023, 09:23 PM
Drew will be a good play caller but he is far too green to be a play caller at WKU, much less the P5 level and much much less the SEC level. And this is coming from someone who thinks very highly of Drew. He has to get away from the pure air raid of Leach to be really successful. There is a reason only Leach was running it, it was because only he knew how to truly use it. There is a reason some, including myself, said that the pure Air Raid died with Leach.

I agree 100%. I've said many times I really like Drew but he wasn't ready yet for this level. He will get there I believe though.

msstate7
10-24-2023, 09:23 PM
Looks like we've sucked for two year's straight. Might be the talent.

Can't argue that.

PGHBulldogBG
10-24-2023, 10:20 PM
I would love to have Jamey Chadwell as our coach. Whoever draws Liberty in the NY6 bowl will probably lose

Todd4State
10-24-2023, 10:38 PM
29 points is a solid effort.

Arbuckle is much better than Hollinghead. Very talented play caller.

Quaoarsking
10-25-2023, 12:06 AM
I would love to have Jamey Chadwell as our coach. Whoever draws Liberty in the NY6 bowl will probably lose

Air Force is probably getting the G5 autobid over Liberty.

Todd4State
10-25-2023, 12:36 AM
Air Force is probably getting the G5 autobid over Liberty.

As they should if they go undefeated.

BrunswickDawg
10-25-2023, 06:40 AM

A DII QB who led West Florida to the Natty and threw for over 4000 yards and 40 TDs doing it. I watched him knock off undefeated and defending National Champ Valdosta State in the first round of the 2019 playoffs. The guy threw for over 4700 yards last season. He's legit a G5 talent at worst. Could probably beat out either QB at Auburn.

confucius say
10-25-2023, 07:41 AM

We would roll on Liberty

Meh. WK had 484 yards of offense and 29 points against an 8-0 team that is much better than them.

Really Clark?
10-25-2023, 07:59 AM
Meh. WK had 484 yards of offense and 29 points against an 8-0 team that is much better than them.

They didn't quit but it was 35-16 with about 8 min left in the 4th. Hit a nice 1 big play TD in the fourth. They are just regressed from the last few years. Drew will get there eventually but he needs evolve his play calling.

Liberty defense gave up 35 to Middle TN St who is a middle of the conference offense last week. Teams may have figured a little something out. Liberty should win out though.

RockyDog
10-25-2023, 08:16 AM
and Barbay

Keep toting that water, Errrr Raid boy

Santiago
10-25-2023, 08:21 AM
I agree 100%. I've said many times I really like Drew but he wasn't ready yet for this level. He will get there I believe though.

Agree also. Not really sure why the OP starts this picking on Drew. For me, I like to follow any younger up and coming coach that leaves MSU. But for Drew it is more that he was under Leach, and with Mike Leach passing away so suddenly, it just adds more to follow the last coaches under a legendary coach. Most all coaches under Leach have become good college HC's to a degree.

Santiago
10-25-2023, 08:23 AM
Keep toting that water, Errrr Raid boy

Such a lazy post man.
I just don't get the throwing rocks when our offense this year is in the 90's nationally.
And the "second string QB" does not fly , because last week we read on here Coach34 saying now just watch how good our offense looks with Wright.

Really Clark?
10-25-2023, 08:32 AM
Agree also. Not really sure why the OP starts this picking on Drew. For me, I like to follow any younger up and coming coach that leaves MSU. But for Drew it is more that he was under Leach, and with Mike Leach passing away so suddenly, it just adds more to follow the last coaches under a legendary coach.

It has nothing with Drew at all. KB and Black Sails kept pushing for months about how Drew should have been promoted here. It was hotly debated because several of us, as much as we liked Drew, knew he wasn't ready. But they just spammed the board constantly with rude and narcissistic posts about Drew should have just been promoted. One poster did the same with Miller who would have been a worse choice than Drew.

CaptainObvious
10-25-2023, 08:36 AM
Such a lazy post man.
I just don't get the throwing rocks when our offense this year is in the 90's nationally.
And the "second string QB" does not fly , because last week we read on here Coach34 saying now just watch how good our offense looks with Wright.

I?ll be interested to see how much of our ?offensive talent? hits the portal the weekend after Thanksgiving .

Santiago
10-25-2023, 08:36 AM
It has nothing with Drew at all. KB and Black Sails kept pushing for months about how Drew should have been promoted here. It was hotly debated because several of us, as much as we liked Drew, knew he wasn't ready. But they just spammed the board constantly with rude and narcissistic posts about Drew should have just been promoted. One poster did the same with Miller who would have been a worse choice than Drew.

I hear you there. So the OP by Coach is a passive aggressive type post :-)
I wish we had kept Drew in some sort of promotion in title only, just to groom him more, but glad he is getting out there and getting this experience. I do hope for the best for the guys that were the last of Coach Leach, and that it happened at MSU.

Really Clark?
10-25-2023, 08:41 AM
I hear you there. So the OP by Coach is a passive aggressive type post :-)
I wish we had kept Drew in some sort of promotion in title only, just to groom him more, but glad he is getting out there and getting this experience. I do hope for the best for the guys that were the last of Coach Leach, and that it happened at MSU.

Lol. More of he wants to run their nose in it post.

Well there was no way to keep him, he had a legitimate OC offer. No way he turns that down for just a title here.

Santiago
10-25-2023, 08:44 AM
Lol. More of he wants to run their nose in it post.

Well there was no way to keep him, he had a legitimate OC offer. No way he turns that down for just a title here.

He figured out some of his 2nd half woes tonight maybe.
They had 2 chances end of first half though to put at least 10 points on the board. Missed a TD by inches, and then missed FG right after that...then threw an interception on the next drive.

Coach34
10-25-2023, 09:42 AM

Meh- Liberty gave up 35 points and 430 yards to Middle Tennessee's 94th ranked offense last week.

gtowndawg
10-25-2023, 10:00 AM
Meh- Liberty gave up 35 points and 430 yards to Middle Tennessee's 94th ranked offense last week.

We gave up 28 and 413 to Western Michigan's 75th ranked offense (Middle Tennessee is 69th in the country, not 94th)

We are 92nd in the country.

https://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/team/21/p2

Really Clark?
10-25-2023, 10:04 AM
We gave up 28 and 413 to Western Michigan's 75th ranked offense (Middle Tennessee is 69th in the country, not 94th)

Scoring offense. MTSU is 94th in scoring. Coach always references scoring.

No part of this thread had anything to do with our team or our season. Irrelevant to the thread.

Santiago
10-25-2023, 10:13 AM
Scoring offense. MTSU is 94th in scoring. Coach always references scoring.

No part of this thread had anything to do with our team or our season. Irrelevant to the thread.

Except Coach posting a thread about other team's offenses just looks petty when we really suck on offense this year . We had to read the posts the past few years about it, but now we suck and it is nothing but spin. There is relevance.

Really Clark?
10-25-2023, 10:22 AM
Except Coach posting a thread about other team's offenses just looks petty when we really suck on offense this year . We had to read the posts the past few years about it, but now we suck and it is nothing but spin. There is relevance.

I get that...although you have to expect it too if you get on the opposite of Coach and he ends up right. I also get it why from how certain posters do the exact same the from the other side. Just as petty with narcissistic vitriol. You might have been reading but not really posting during that time, I don't recall, but for months it got nasty from all sides. There is a lot of residual stuff from the last few years but it wasn't just Coach. It was coming from different sides and much worse than this post honestly. Much much worse.

Coach34
10-25-2023, 10:38 AM

70th Scoring D

Scoring is what matters at the end of the game. When they put total offense on the scoreboard- I'll talk about it more

Santiago
10-25-2023, 10:44 AM
I get that...although you have to expect it too if you get on the opposite of Coach and he ends up right. I also get it why from how certain posters do the exact same the from the other side. Just as petty with narcissistic vitriol. You might have been reading but not really posting during that time, I don't recall, but for months it got nasty from all sides. There is a lot of residual stuff from the last few years but it wasn't just Coach. It was coming from different sides and much worse than this post honestly. Much much worse.

I hope anyone is right , at this point, if it means winning. Coach, or KB.
My only concern is if we win and mask issues, that they don't get swept away.

Really Clark?
10-25-2023, 11:07 AM
I hope anyone is right , at this point, if it means winning. Coach, or KB.
My only concern is if we win and mask issues, that they don't get swept away.

Winning always masks issues at every school. Losing forces change to correct issues at every school. That's the way it will be. Fan motivations have to removed from an AD and HC actual decisions they have to make. Until losing to such a degree or level over a period time motivates a change from apathy. But that's a troubled edge to balance. 2 examples for both sides of right and wrong. Georgia's move from Richt to Smart. Fan and booster apathy for not winning at a higher rate got to the point that the AD made a change. It ended up the correct move but that first season there fans motivated to get rid of Smart as well. At USM fan and booster apathy got to the point that they push to move on from Bower. They have struggled to have that same type of solidification as a program since he left. It's cost them during conference realignments a lot.

confucius say
10-25-2023, 11:34 AM
70th Scoring D

Scoring is what matters at the end of the game. When they put total offense on the scoreboard- I'll talk about it more

I suspect the truth is we are pretty low in scoring offense too. Not sure if we are above or below WKU.

Would not surprise me if their offensive efficiency numbers are better than ours either.

CaptainObvious
10-25-2023, 11:34 AM
USM?s inability to accept that Jeff Bower had them at their pinnacle of Football attainability is what has them in the mess they are in today.

Dan Mullen?s inability to see that he probably could have had a lifetime contract at MSU had he accepted that being a successful Head Coach at a historical bottom feeder football program where the only thing unavailable to his family was a Shopping Mall and a Target is why MSU is where We are today. Perpetually looking for the Football Messiah!

DownwardDawg
10-25-2023, 12:38 PM
I?ll be interested to see how much of our ?offensive talent? hits the portal the weekend after Thanksgiving .

Hopefully most of it. I've seen our offense play!! ***

Commercecomet24
10-25-2023, 12:45 PM
Winning always masks issues at every school. Losing forces change to correct issues at every school. That's the way it will be. Fan motivations have to removed from an AD and HC actual decisions they have to make. Until losing to such a degree or level over a period time motivates a change from apathy. But that's a troubled edge to balance. 2 examples for both sides of right and wrong. Georgia's move from Richt to Smart. Fan and booster apathy for not winning at a higher rate got to the point that the AD made a change. It ended up the correct move but that first season there fans motivated to get rid of Smart as well. At USM fan and booster apathy got to the point that they push to move on from Bower. They have struggled to have that same type of solidification as a program since he left. It's cost them during conference realignments a lot.

USM is a great example. Bower consistently won every year but never beat the top 25 teams and fans and boosters(the few they have), wanted a coach to take them to the next level. Fedora did well to bowers players all graduated and he left for unc and they have literally reached the next level(not the one they wanted, lol).

Really Clark?
10-25-2023, 01:01 PM
USM is a great example. Bower consistently won every year but never beat the top 25 teams and fans and boosters(the few they have), wanted a coach to take them to the next level. Fedora did well to bowers players all graduated and he left for unc and they have literally reached the next level(not the one they wanted, lol).

Good points. I would also argue that Fedora was winning the same as Bower his first 3 years until his last season. He purposefully ruined the roster to get that one year to move on. He brought in a lot of short time guys for that season but the roster was trashed and he hadn't recruited well behind it while he was there. It worked but if it hadn't he would have been stuck with a tanked team for years. Took 3 years and 2 coaches to finally get it back. Unfortunately Monken didn't like recruiting and left to be an OC in the NFL. Fedora tried to do the same type of thing at UNC to get a blue blood job but they didn't come calling after his 4th and 5th year at UNC. Went 3-9 and 2-10 the next 2 years.

Commercecomet24
10-25-2023, 01:14 PM
Good points. I would also argue that Fedora was winning the same as Bower his first 3 years until his last season. He purposefully ruined the roster to get that one year to move on. He brought in a lot of short time guys for that season but the roster was trashed and he hadn't recruited well behind it while he was there. It worked but if it hadn't he would have been stuck with a tanked team for years. Took 3 years and 2 coaches to finally get it back. Unfortunately Monken didn't like recruiting and left to be an OC in the NFL. Fedora tried to do the same type of thing at UNC to get a blue blood job but they didn't come calling after his 4th and 5th year at UNC. Went 3-9 and 2-10 the next 2 years.

Great analysis and spot on. 100% accurate. That last year of his he brought in all those mercenaries to try to move up and it worked well, then he tried to repeat at unc and that didn't go so well. If i remember right there were some folks on here who wanted us to go after him, lol.

RockyDog
10-25-2023, 01:28 PM
I suspect the truth is we are pretty low in scoring offense too. Not sure if we are above or below WKU.

Would not surprise me if their offensive efficiency numbers are better than ours either.

The point was in no way to compare anything to WKU. It was directed at the knuckleheads that are toting the Errr Raid water who were trying to make Hollingshead into a hero that would have helped lead MSU to 10 wins if only we had stuck with the system.

And now, they've tried to say that anybody against the Err Raid is a Barbay/Arnett apologist. Couldn't be further from the truth. They all suck. And I think most level headed people can see that we weren't going to win big even if we had stood pat. We would have lost Leach's playcalling regardless, we did nothing to improve the QB, RB, or WR positions from last year. If nothing else it would have been more of the same with a decidedly worse defense.

Could we have won 9 this year? Maybe, IF Leach was still the HC. But even if we had kept the same system, it would still have been a bunch of new coaches knocking their heads together and making a bunch of rookie mistakes.

Really Clark?
10-25-2023, 01:32 PM
Great analysis and spot on. 100% accurate. That last year of his he brought in all those mercenaries to try to move up and it worked well, then he tried to repeat at unc and that didn't go so well. If i remember right there were some folks on here who wanted us to go after him, lol.

Lol. Oh yeah there were some who did want us to go after him.

Todd4State
10-25-2023, 01:38 PM
They didn't quit but it was 35-16 with about 8 min left in the 4th. Hit a nice 1 big play TD in the fourth. They are just regressed from the last few years. Drew will get there eventually but he needs evolve his play calling.

Liberty defense gave up 35 to Middle TN St who is a middle of the conference offense last week. Teams may have figured a little something out. Liberty should win out though.

Liberty has the top defense in C-U.S.A. and WKU scored 9 points above Liberty's average points allowed.

BlackSailsDawg
10-25-2023, 01:40 PM

76th Counting the FCS team. When you remove the FCS school as Team Ranking does, we are 83rd averaging 23.3 points per game. We are behind Vandy in scoring offense. The only team in the SEC lower than us is a team that beat us! USCe

In other words, we are 6 points per game worse this year.

Really Clark?
10-25-2023, 01:45 PM
Liberty has the top defense in C-U.S.A. and WKU scored 9 points above Liberty's average points allowed.

Like I said earlier in the thread, the last 2 weeks they have given up more than normal. Want to see if LA Tech does the same and if teams have figured something out.

WKU scored late when it was over. I know when we do it's played off as nothing positive for our offense. Not saying you do but it is a lot on the board.

MrCoachKlein
10-25-2023, 02:19 PM
76th Counting the FCS team. When you remove the FCS school as Team Ranking does, we are 83rd averaging 23.3 points per game. We are behind Vandy in scoring offense. The only team in the SEC lower than us is a team that beat us! USCe

In other words, we are 6 points per game worse this year.

We were 26.67 last year not counting FCS Take out the Ark game this year where we didn't have our starting QB and we are at 25.2. Pretty good to only lose 1.4 points per game when transitioning from an offense that no one alive runs.

Not the dunk you thought it was....

Coach34
10-25-2023, 02:52 PM
We were 26.67 last year not counting FCS Take out the Ark game this year where we didn't have our starting QB and we are at 25.2. Pretty good to only lose 1.4 points per game when transitioning from an offense that no one alive runs.

Not the dunk you thought it was....

Did you take out the 6 extra TD's we had on defense and ST's last year? Ya know, since we have exclude some things as BlackSails does

MrCoachKlein
10-25-2023, 03:02 PM
Did you take out the 6 extra TD's we had on defense and ST's last year? Ya know, since we have exclude some things as BlackSails does

Excuse me. I took the punt block TD off this years point totals, but that was the FCS game I excluded

I did take off 1 Forbes return from 2022 FCS game,so 327 offensive points in 12 games. 27.25

133 in 5 FBS games with Will starting 26.6, so we are 0.65 points off last year.

It's really crazy that a bunch of kids recruited for an entirely different system are doing equally as good. Almost like it was a scheme issue last year causing the problems.

Commercecomet24
10-25-2023, 03:04 PM
Excuse me. I took the punt block TD off this years point totals, but that was the FCS game I excluded

I did take off 1 Forbes return from 2022 FCS game,so 327 offensive points in 12 games. 27.25

133 in 5 FBS games with Will starting 26.6, so we are 0.65 points off last year.

It's really crazy that a bunch of kids recruited for an entirely different system are doing equally as good. Almost like it was a scheme issue last year causing the problems.

Hmmmm, so not a whole of difference considering the transition. Good work there!

Commercecomet24
10-25-2023, 03:05 PM
Like I said earlier in the thread, the last 2 weeks they have given up more than normal. Want to see if LA Tech does the same and if teams have figured something out.

WKU scored late when it was over. I know when we do it's played off as nothing positive for our offense. Not saying you do but it is a lot on the board.

I think a lot on here call them "garbage time" points so they don't count, lol!

Santiago
10-25-2023, 03:05 PM
The point was in no way to compare anything to WKU. It was directed at the knuckleheads that are toting the Errr Raid water who were trying to make Hollingshead into a hero that would have helped lead MSU to 10 wins if only we had stuck with the system.

And now, they've tried to say that anybody against the Err Raid is a Barbay/Arnett apologist. Couldn't be further from the truth. They all suck. And I think most level headed people can see that we weren't going to win big even if we had stood pat. We would have lost Leach's playcalling regardless, we did nothing to improve the QB, RB, or WR positions from last year. If nothing else it would have been more of the same with a decidedly worse defense.

Could we have won 9 this year? Maybe, IF Leach was still the HC. But even if we had kept the same system, it would still have been a bunch of new coaches knocking their heads together and making a bunch of rookie mistakes.

Yeah, did nothing last year in recruiting... Parson, Creed, Justin Brown(transferred once the system changed in spring ball), Seth Davis.....those guys will probably all suck ***
Alos lost all the other backup QBs with the system change. Locke may have left anyway, but we did not help ourselves in changing the system.

RockyDog
10-25-2023, 03:19 PM
Yeah, did nothing last year in recruiting... Parson, Creed, Justin Brown(transferred once the system changed in spring ball), Seth Davis.....those guys will probably all suck ***
Alos lost all the other backup QBs with the system change. Locke may have left anyway, but we did not help ourselves in changing the system.

Parson was not playing no matter who the coach is. Creed would have touched the ball less in Leach?s system because he doesn?t play RB.

I didn?t say one thing about any of them sucking, douchebag. I said we didn?t add anybody that was going to play over the returners we had coming back. Therefore, the Leach offense would have been mostly identical to last year. Same Will. Same Woody. Same underutilized WR group.

And don?t kid yourself thinking that the wonder freshmen were going to stay regardless and sit another season behind Rogers. The QB room was going to be the same as it is now except with a different guy besides Wright as the backup.

Really Clark?
10-25-2023, 03:22 PM
I think a lot on here call them "garbage time" points so they don't count, lol!

Exactly!

Santiago
10-25-2023, 07:15 PM

Is there an equation for playing Georgia last year also? This year we got South Carolina, who has a very pourous defense

Santiago
10-25-2023, 07:19 PM
Parson was not playing no matter who the coach is. Creed would have touched the ball less in Leach?s system because he doesn?t play RB.

I didn?t say one thing about any of them sucking, douchebag. I said we didn?t add anybody that was going to play over the returners we had coming back. Therefore, the Leach offense would have been mostly identical to last year. Same Will. Same Woody. Same underutilized WR group.

And don?t kid yourself thinking that the wonder freshmen were going to stay regardless and sit another season behind Rogers. The QB room was going to be the same as it is now except with a different guy besides Wright as the backup.

Locke will be a 4 year starter at Wisconsin. We lost a talented QB. Creed would have played this year under Leach's system. Parson stayed with MSU and encouraged all other players to be the legacy of Coach Leach's last signing class. This may not be seen this year, but is a big impact next season and the next.

preachermatt83
10-25-2023, 09:56 PM
This post didn?t age well.

DownwardDawg
10-25-2023, 10:24 PM

Did they win? Please tell me they won just for the entertainment purposes of this thread.

Really Clark?
10-25-2023, 10:42 PM
Did they win? Please tell me they won just for the entertainment purposes of this thread.

They lost 42-29

preachermatt83
10-25-2023, 11:17 PM

No. But clearly had very little to do with offensive output.

Really Clark?
10-25-2023, 11:28 PM
No. But clearly had very little to do with offensive output.

It was 28-10 to start the 4th quarter. 35-16 mid 4th quarter.

Todd4State
10-25-2023, 11:30 PM

We would have been much better at WR this year than last- add in a much more favorable schedule and I think our offense averages around 36 PPG on the season. Zavion, Robinson, and Creed would have been better utilized and would have made a huge difference. And no way Leach runs Woody 20+ times against people like SELU. I think Tulu would have broke out this year as well.

R2Dawg
10-26-2023, 11:47 AM

While I think a few of them may turn out good, none of them has done anything yet. Notice what is missing? Where are the star LOS guys? I hope we have a few on D, not sure yet.

R2Dawg
10-26-2023, 11:49 AM

Add to that we know Leach didn't play backups either to prepare for future or whatever so no impact this year.

Coach34
10-26-2023, 01:14 PM

aged very well. WK getting getting garbage points when they were clearly beat doesnt change that

Homedawg
10-26-2023, 01:18 PM
aged very well. WK getting getting garbage points when they were clearly beat doesnt change that

We were told just weeks ago scoring 30 on usc and WR having his best career day was meaningless bc we lost.

Coach34
10-26-2023, 01:34 PM
We were told just weeks ago scoring 30 on usc and WR having his best career day was meaningless bc we lost.

hahahaha- yep

Commercecomet24
10-26-2023, 01:53 PM

Yep, people using the same tired, old narratives.