PDA

View Full Version : Braedyn Locke at Wisconsin

Santiago
10-24-2023, 06:01 AM
Looks like he may become a 4 year starter for Wisconsin.
Heck of a comeback victory last weekend, and he is just a redshirt freshman. His teammates and coaches are quoted as saying he has ice in his veins and is a leader as a true freshman.
For anyone that says we just did not have any QB's on the roster, we ran off what may be a really good one.

He also has a brother that will be really good also. A 2025 QB who committed to Wisconsin.
Good job MSU***

This was his first start as QB this season...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/other/locke-s-td-pass-caps-18-point-fourth-quarter-wisconsin-comeback-win-over-illinois-25-21/ar-AA1iD41E

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/college/uw/2023/10/21/braedyn-locke-leads-wisconsin-badgers-past-illinois-fighting-illini-in-remarkable-big-ten-comeback/71276860007/?gnt-cfr=1

msstate7
10-24-2023, 07:00 AM
He certainly could end up being good, but so far...

37/72 (.514)
370 yds (5.1 yds per)
2 td, 1 int
100.95 rating

For reference, if he was qualifed,
Dead last in country in comp %
Dead last in country in yds/att
Dead last in country in passer rating

Current dead last in each category...
Comp % - 55.3
Yds/att - 6.2
Passer rating - 113.77

So not only would his stats put him last in the country, he'd be well behind the next to last guy.

Again, it is early, but this thread seems dumb at this point

Santiago
10-24-2023, 07:17 AM

37/72 (.514)
370 yds (5.1 yds per)
2 td, 1 int
100.95 rating

Comp % - 55.3
Yds/att - 6.2
Passer rating - 113.77

So not only would his stats put him last in the country, he'd be well behind the next to last guy.

I would take the stats over our offensive output last weekend.

He was making his first start as a redshirt freshman. A come from behind 4th quarter win, that is some great leadership on his part.

KOdawg1
10-24-2023, 07:24 AM
I always thought he was better than Sawyer Robertson coming out of high school

Santiago
10-24-2023, 07:32 AM

Locke definitely played in a higher classification against much better competition in HS. He was more in line with those typical TX HS QB's that are more advanced and can sling it.
I think we really missed out on a good one here.

msstate7
10-24-2023, 07:34 AM
I would take the stats over our offensive output last weekend.

He was making his first start as a redshirt freshman. A come from behind 4th quarter win, that is some great leadership on his part.

Wright season...
69.6%
6.3 per att
142.89 rating

Last week, head-to-head...
Locke:
51.2%
5.9 per att
116.49 passer rating
QBR - 60.0
Rushing - -2

Wright:
66.7%
7.1 per att
137.00 passer rating
QBR - 69.8
Rushing - 60 yds

There's literally nothing that supports your position

msstate7
10-24-2023, 07:40 AM
Oh, and total D...
Illinois - 96th
Ark - 37th

Santiago
10-24-2023, 07:41 AM
Wright season...
69.6%
6.3 per att
142.89 rating

Last week, head-to-head...
Locke:
51.2%
5.9 per att
116.49 passer rating
QBR - 60.0
Rushing - -2

Wright:
66.7%
7.1 per att
137.00 passer rating
QBR - 69.8
Rushing - 60 yds

There's literally nothing that supports your position

you left out the passing yards, eh? Easy to say nothing supports my position when you intentionally skew it.
and that we were too scared to let Wright throw it too much, scared it might lose the game. I am a fan of Wright though and wanted them to turn him loose more, but I would imagine that stare down interception first series did not help.

Santiago
10-24-2023, 07:44 AM
Oh, and total D...
Illinois - 96th
Ark - 37th

We would not have recruited Wright if Locke had stayed. Locke would have been the backup QB.

msstate7
10-24-2023, 07:47 AM
you left out the passing yards, eh?
and that we were too scared to let Wright throw it too much, scared it might lose the game.
Hmmm... one team up the whole 2nd half, and one team down 18 in the 4th. I wonder why one threw so much more than the other. Passer rating and QBR are much better measures than raw passing yards. For instance, was will or Bryce young better than season?

Santiago
10-24-2023, 07:50 AM
Hmmm... one team up the whole 2nd half, and one team down 18 in the 4th. I wonder why one threw so much more than the other. Passer rating and QBR are much better measures than raw passing yards. For instance, was will or Bryce young better than season?

So you give stats but exclude yards passing, and say nothing supports my claim. Then you have to reason out why a team threw for more than 80 yards.
Sorry to burst your bubble but most college teams are capable of passing for over 100 a game, other than the academy teams that run option.
It is ok to be a Wright fan, and hope he does well, but call out the glaring issue on passing.

Locke as a freshman had himself an 18 point 4th quarter. No matter what team you are playing against, it is safe to say he got over his nerves of starting his first game and had himself a day.

Homedawg
10-24-2023, 08:04 AM
Looks like he may become a 4 year starter for Wisconsin.
Heck of a comeback victory last weekend, and he is just a redshirt freshman. His teammates and coaches are quoted as saying he has ice in his veins and is a leader as a true freshman.
For anyone that says we just did not have any QB's on the roster, we ran off what may be a really good one.

He also has a brother that will be really good also. A 2025 QB who committed to Wisconsin.
Good job MSU***

This was his first start as QB this season...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/other/locke-s-td-pass-caps-18-point-fourth-quarter-wisconsin-comeback-win-over-illinois-25-21/ar-AA1iD41E

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/college/uw/2023/10/21/braedyn-locke-leads-wisconsin-badgers-past-illinois-fighting-illini-in-remarkable-big-ten-comeback/71276860007/?gnt-cfr=1

Congrats to him for leading him to a comeback win. But let's not go crazy. He was 21-41. And Illinois isn't good. But I hope he does well.

Homedawg
10-24-2023, 08:06 AM
We would not have recruited Wright if Locke had stayed. Locke would have been the backup QB.

Um, yes we would have ....

msstate7
10-24-2023, 08:09 AM
So you give stats but exclude yards passing, and say nothing supports my claim. Then you have to reason out why a team threw for more than 80 yards.
Sorry to burst your bubble but most college teams are capable of passing for over 100 a game, other than the academy teams that run option.
It is ok to be a Wright fan, and hope he does well, but call out the glaring issue on passing.

Locke as a freshman had himself an 18 point 4th quarter. No matter what team you are playing against, it is safe to say he got over his nerves of starting his first game and had himself a day.

Wright has completed at a higher rate, threw for more per pass, and rated rated higher per pass than Locke. Wright doesn't call his own plays, so it seems dumb to credit Locke as outplaying him bc he just had more attempts. The only stat you can lean on is raw yards when every other stat paints a different picture.

Really Clark?
10-24-2023, 08:14 AM

I like Locke and wished he would have stayed but that's not correct, we were bringing in a transfer QB to be the back up.

Santiago
10-24-2023, 08:27 AM
I like Locke and wished he would have stayed but that's not correct, we were bringing in a transfer QB to be the back up.

The new staff was doing that, correct? But not if the other system remained.

Santiago
10-24-2023, 08:32 AM
Congrats to him for leading him to a comeback win. But let's not go crazy. He was 21-41. And Illinois isn't good. But I hope he does well.

Agree, but being a freshman, in his first start, that is good. Fickell is a good coach, and Locke is in a really good situation there. If we had hired Fickell, we would be reading on here Sunday morning nicknames for his offense by now.

Really Clark?
10-24-2023, 08:39 AM

We were going to bring in a transfer with experience either way, no matter what system we ran. Sawyer was not the answer and Locke was a true freshman at the time. We needed to bridge that gap between Will and Locke

BankerDog
10-24-2023, 10:56 AM

I thought so too and thought he would be the one to win our starting spot over Robertson and Parson once Rogers graduated. People in Texas say he just has ?it? about him and he just gets the job done-never let?s the moment get too big. I think, and someone certainly needs to fact check me, that he broke some Kyler Murray HS records

Leeshouldveflanked
10-24-2023, 05:55 PM
Either Locke or Robertson would have transferred if Leach had not passed away. Neither was interested in being a bench warmer their whole college career.

Pancho
10-24-2023, 05:59 PM
And Locke and his brother have the pretty momma part locked up******* I bet that is why fickel plays him........

State82
10-24-2023, 06:53 PM
And Locke and his brother have the pretty momma part locked up******* I bet that is why fickel plays him........

Pics or it ain't true.

BlackSailsDawg
10-25-2023, 01:52 PM
Either Locke or Robertson would have transferred if Leach had not passed away. Neither was interested in being a bench warmer their whole college career.

It was expected that Sawyer would transfer out. Locke was a surprise.

FISHDAWG
10-27-2023, 12:07 PM
Oh, and total D...
Illinois - 96th
Ark - 37th

I get your cynicism but this is Freshman vs Senior..... also curious as to how long it will take us to sign another 4 star QB .... I think that makes two to transfer out and I can't remember what Garret Schrader was rated.... crazy to think this would be the case 5 years ago

Tater
10-27-2023, 04:40 PM
I get your cynicism but this is Freshman vs Senior..... also curious as to how long it will take us to sign another 4 star QB .... I think that makes two to transfer out and I can't remember what Garret Schrader was rated.... crazy to think this would be the case 5 years ago

When Flowers committed to us he was a 4*. If we want to keep him a 4* then we need to have our fanbase drive clicks and ad revenue to the ratings company. Or you can just not give a **** about stars.

Lord McBuckethead
10-27-2023, 07:36 PM
My nephew went against him in elite 11. He says Flowers isn?t good and he would know, he smoked him in the standings.

BankerDog
10-28-2023, 08:33 PM

37/72 (.514)
370 yds (5.1 yds per)
2 td, 1 int
100.95 rating

Comp % - 55.3
Yds/att - 6.2
Passer rating - 113.77

Not to beat a dead horse here but?Locke is going to be the one that we regret letting leave. I said that when he transferred. Ask VegasSteve

BankerDog
10-28-2023, 08:34 PM
My nephew went against him in elite 11. He says Flowers isn?t good and he would know, he smoked him in the standings.

Is your nephew the Memphis fella that went to FSU by chance?

Really Clark?
10-28-2023, 08:37 PM
Not to beat a dead horse here but?Locke is going to be the one that we regret letting leave. I said that when he transferred. Ask VegasSteve

I liked him a lot more than any other last year. If Will had went down last year I had rather seen Locke than Robinson

Bothrops
10-28-2023, 08:41 PM
I wanted us to hold on to him because he was the best of the three that jumped ship. It's just another example of us not being serious about winning. We aren't serious and aren't about to be.

BankerDog
10-28-2023, 08:46 PM
I liked him a lot more than any other last year. If Will had went down last year I had rather seen Locke than Robinson

He seemed to have a little bit of Dak?s ?it? factor to him. I?m pretty sure he beat Cade Klubnik their senior year as well..

Really Clark?
10-28-2023, 09:00 PM
He seemed to have a little bit of Dak?s ?it? factor to him. I?m pretty sure he beat Cade Klubnik their senior year as well..

Yeah. I think he is going to be good.

BankerDog
10-28-2023, 09:09 PM
Anyone else think Locke or Shrader would?ve thrived in this offense?

Really Clark?
10-28-2023, 09:19 PM
Anyone else think Locke or Shrader would?ve thrived in this offense?

Yeah. I guess because of experience I would lean toward Shrader but I really like Locke