PDA

View Full Version : Soooo it looks like

Coach34
10-23-2023, 01:30 PM
after getting UPig on a 5 game losing streak- we get Auburn on a 4 game losing streak and likely Kentucky on a 3 game losing streak at night on Scott Field.

Could really be fun coming out of this 6-3 heading into the home stretch

99jc
10-23-2023, 01:58 PM
after getting UPig on a 5 game losing streak- we get Auburn on a 4 game losing streak and likely Kentucky on a 3 game losing streak at night on Scott Field.

Are you saying we will or not make a call now so you cant waffle! i say not!

Mjoelner34
10-23-2023, 02:01 PM
Could be? It would be! I just hope it happens. UPIG, Auburn and UK couldn't be set up any better for us.

RiverCityDawg
10-23-2023, 02:04 PM

Why stop there? Let's also beat a disappointed A&M squad, a crappy USM team, retain the golden egg trophy at home, and then get our 10th win somewhere in Florida to finish in the top 15.

I mean, we just won a game with 205 yards offense and 7 points so anything is possible.

msstate7
10-23-2023, 02:06 PM
If we get to 6-3, it will be the first time we've won 3 sec games in a row in season since 2014.

Cooterpoot
10-23-2023, 02:11 PM
SEC is bad, so it's plausible. We're basically facing a team just like us this week. Their defense is better but so was Arkansas. Can we score more than 7 is the question. Doubt 7 wins it this week.

Santiago
10-23-2023, 02:20 PM
If we get to 6-3, it will be the first time we've won 3 sec games in a row in season since 2014.

One of the worst SEC overall seasons for the league in a long time. We have a ton of returning seniors. I will be disappointed if a coach cannot win at least 8 games with this much returning.

Quaoarsking
10-23-2023, 02:41 PM
Are you saying we will or not make a call now so you cant waffle! i say not!

I say we will. No excuse to lose any of these games.

RockyDog
10-23-2023, 02:47 PM
One of the worst SEC overall seasons for the league in a long time. We have a ton of returning seniors. I will be disappointed if a coach cannot win at least 8 games with this much returning.

Most prognosticators, regional and national, with any sense had us around 6.5. It was MSU fans that refused to take off the maroon glasses with the crazy 9 and 10 win predictions. Could that have happened if Leach were still alive? Maybe. But to expect a green coaching staff with a returning lineup of 3 stars to get that many wins was mighty delusional.

DownwardDawg
10-23-2023, 03:06 PM

Incredible. And we have a real shot at it.

viverlibre
10-23-2023, 03:09 PM
Most prognosticators, regional and national, with any sense had us around 6.5. It was MSU fans that refused to take off the maroon glasses with the crazy 9 and 10 win predictions. Could that have happened if Leach were still alive? Maybe. But to expect a green coaching staff with a returning lineup of 3 stars to get that many wins was mighty delusional.

^^^^this. Don't listen to message board geniuses when it comes to season win totals. Vegas had us at 6.5, so we are on rack ending the regular season at 6-6, which is what i'd lay money on happening. If we go 7-5, which wouldn't be that surprising, we are actual ahead.

We had a lot experience coming back, but most of those wouldn't make the two deep at Bama or UGA (RaRa did make the two deep at UGA and is 4th in receptions). We lost two of our best players to the portal and didn't get much out of the portal.

TrapGame
10-23-2023, 03:15 PM
Incredible. And we have a real shot at it.

I know it's crazy.

I'm sitting here after watching a replay of the SC/Mizzou game wondering why oh, why didn't the defense from Saturday show up in Columbia. Man, being 5-2 right now would calm a lot of tits. But, I'll take another win Saturday. I think we have a good shot at pulling it out.

DownwardDawg
10-23-2023, 04:51 PM
I know it's crazy.

I'm sitting here after watching a replay of the SC/Mizzou game wondering why oh, why didn't the defense from Saturday show up in Columbia. Man, being 5-2 right now would calm a lot of tits. But, I'll take another win Saturday. I think we have a good shot at pulling it out.
No doubt. As bad as we've looked, we really should be 5-2 right now. I would love to win these next two. Gotta get at least 1 for sure.

RocketDawg
10-23-2023, 04:56 PM
Auburn is winnable, even in Jordan Hare. They played HARD against Ole Miss and lost so this Saturday might very well be a down day for them.

parabrave
10-23-2023, 05:36 PM
SEC is bad, so it's plausible. We're basically facing a team just like us this week. Their defense is better but so was Arkansas. Can we score more than 7 is the question. Doubt 7 wins it this week.

We can if a certain coach doesn't meddle on the play calling.

MetEdDawg
10-23-2023, 06:18 PM

The funny part now is that if we get to 8 or 9 total wins some of our fans will be pissed off because they want us to fire everyone because they don't like the way we win.

Constantly moving the goal posts to stay unhappy. Our fan base will be miserable if we get to 8 wins.

DEDawg
10-23-2023, 06:22 PM
The funny part now is that if we get to 8 or 9 total wins some of our fans will be pissed off because they want us to fire everyone because they don't like the way we win.

Constantly moving the goal posts to stay unhappy. Our fan base will be miserable if we get to 8 wins.

Meh a very small vocal minority maybe. 95% of the fan base is ecstatic with an 8 win year including myself (gotta take egg tho)

BrunswickDawg
10-23-2023, 06:24 PM

Sooo... just like last year.

MagicDawg
10-23-2023, 06:31 PM
I will be ecstatic to get to 8. Even 7 would surpass expectations.

The "miserableness" of some fans is a function of the undeniable feeling that somehow, this boat has no rudder. If we end up coming ashore on a beautiful beach, literally nobody is saying the beach is ugly. The concern is about how we got there and whether it's realistic that we have a working apparatus for going to the many other beaches we'd like to visit.

Op4isabitch
10-23-2023, 06:39 PM
All this talk of 8-9 wins. Guys get real, we will likely win 1 more game, the SMU game. If we win more than that I’ll come back and eat crow. We are a bad football team.

Maverick91
10-23-2023, 07:11 PM
I will be ecstatic to get to 8. Even 7 would surpass expectations.

The "miserableness" of some fans is a function of the undeniable feeling that somehow, this boat has no rudder. If we end up coming ashore on a beautiful beach, literally nobody is saying the beach is ugly. The concern is about how we got there and whether it's realistic that we have a working apparatus for going to the many other beaches we'd like to visit.

Have some rep… wonderfully put.

DownwardDawg
10-23-2023, 07:57 PM
All this talk of 8-9 wins. Guys get real, we will likely win 1 more game, the SMU game. If we win more than that I?ll come back and eat crow. We are a bad football team.

If we played SMU that would be great!! Then we'd beat their butts along with USM and probably auburn or Kentucky! That would guarantee at least 7 wins!!! Haha

DownwardDawg
10-23-2023, 07:59 PM

If we win 8 games 3-2 or 7-3, I would be crowing to everyone I know how badass we are!!! Winning solves all problems!

CaptainObvious
10-23-2023, 08:39 PM
Wow!

Todd4State
10-23-2023, 11:54 PM

I would be very happy we won. I'm the 2007 teams biggest defender probably. Very underrated season because the narrative floated was that it didn't count because it was all a fluke. Doesn't really matter if the offense was bad because the defense and special teams did enough to win.

However, that doesn't mean that winning a bunch of games 7-3 is sustainable in any way shape or form.

Todd4State
10-24-2023, 12:01 AM

The biggest issue is the coaches made some controversial decisions to not do some things that would have made it easier- and possibly the team better than it was under Leach.

We're worse offensively than we were last year and promoting Brock was a mistake. And on top of it going ultra conservative which is not making anything easier for anyone on our team.

And to top it off this group was brought in for their recruiting and now we're back to raiding JUCO's with a class currently ranked in the 40's.

With Leach- I'm pretty sure we beat South Carolina. As bad as LSU's defense is we may have been able to beat them too. I won't go there with Alabama but that could have been a lot closer game.

So let's say we're 5-2 right now with struggling Auburn and Kentucky on the horizon followed by A&M who Leach owned and than an awful USM team. We would be no worse than 8-3 going into the Egg Bowl and possibly at 9-2 with the Egg Bowl at home. Who knows what happens in any Egg Bowl but I would like our odds at home.

Op4isabitch
10-24-2023, 06:24 AM
So are we a good team or not? I can’t understand what you wrote, it seems like you just jumped on my snafu with Southern.

I stand by what I said, I think we win one more game. I doubt we beat Auburn, they almost beat OleMiss this weekend the number 12 team in the country. We barely beat Arkansas a 2 win team.

Really Clark?
10-24-2023, 06:58 AM
So are we a good team or not? I can’t understand what you wrote, it seems like you just jumped on my snafu with Southern.

I stand by what I said, I think we win one more game. I doubt we beat Auburn, they almost beat OleMiss this weekend the number 12 team in the country. We barely beat Arkansas a 2 win team.

If Auburn almost beat UM (that's a stretch watching that game but using that premise from your post) then we did beat the team last weekend that really almost beat UM, LSU and Bama...all 3 ranked teams...all 3 of those games were closer than Auburn and UM

Coach34
10-24-2023, 08:29 AM
If Auburn almost beat UM (that's a stretch watching that game but using that premise from your post) then we did beat the team last weekend that really almost beat UM, LSU and Bama...all 3 ranked teams...all 3 of those games were closer than Auburn and UM

It's amazing. Up until Saturday- UPig had looked to be the better team of the two. We made UPig look bad. Very bad. Now the AR Cult and others arent sure what to do after calling for firing Arnett and staff. They are scared we are going to win 7 or so now.

THE Bruce Dickinson
10-24-2023, 09:18 AM
All this talk of 8-9 wins. Guys get real, we will likely win 1 more game, the SMU game. If we win more than that I?ll come back and eat crow. We are a bad football team.

This is correct. 205 yards and 7 points per week is not sustainable for winning anything.

msstate7
10-24-2023, 09:26 AM
This is correct. 205 yards and 7 points per week is not sustainable for winning anything.
It certainly isn't, but holding teams to 200 total yards and 3 points is.

THE Bruce Dickinson
10-24-2023, 09:30 AM
It certainly isn't, but holding teams to 200 total yards and 3 points is.

Arkansas has quit. Before that game we were among the 3 worst defenses in the league. That didn't change in one bye week.

We won't come close to that again.

Dawgology
10-24-2023, 09:39 AM
7-5 is what I called the floor for this team before the season began. Since the season began we’ve discovered that the SEC is weaker than it has been in decades and we will be lucky to touch 7-5. That is so very sad to me but it has become a given with State. Our program lacks consistency. Sometimes at our own fault and sometimes due to no fault of our own. It’s not lost on me that 2018 was supposed to be a breakout season for us and Mullen bounced. Then 2020 was supposed to be another big season and Covid hit. Now 2023 was supposed to be a breakout season and the terrible tragedy of Mike Leach’s untimely passing. We watch it unfold every time. Coulda-woulda-shoulda… we should be 5-2 right now, maybe 6-1 with ZA focusing on defense and the AR. I dont know what the fix is. How do you combat fate?

Tater
10-24-2023, 11:40 AM

I seem to remember someone saying at the start of the season that our schedule set up really really well for us when we caught teams all year long. We just needed do our job. We didn't the first month. We need to now. Defense plays like it did last week and every game is very very winnable.

Tater
10-24-2023, 11:41 AM
7-5 is what I called the floor for this team before the season began. Since the season began we’ve discovered that the SEC is weaker than it has been in decades and we will be lucky to touch 7-5. That is so very sad to me but it has become a given with State. Our program lacks consistency. Sometimes at our own fault and sometimes due to no fault of our own. It’s not lost on me that 2018 was supposed to be a breakout season for us and Mullen bounced. Then 2020 was supposed to be another big season and Covid hit. Now 2023 was supposed to be a breakout season and the terrible tragedy of Mike Leach’s untimely passing. We watch it unfold every time. Coulda-woulda-shoulda… we should be 5-2 right now, maybe 6-1 with ZA focusing on defense and the AR. I dont know what the fix is. How do you combat fate?

Watch 2021 Baseball Highlights when you're feeling sad.

MBDawg601
10-24-2023, 12:28 PM
Boy, some of you were really impressed by our win Saturday.

I was disgusted. I guess I need to lower my expectations. Win is a win, but that definitely did not change my opinion on ZA or the team. We are awful.

Really Clark?
10-24-2023, 12:35 PM
Boy, some of you were really impressed by our win Saturday.

I was disgusted. I guess I need to lower my expectations. Win is a win, but that definitely did not change my opinion on ZA or the team. We are awful.

That's not it. It's when you are in a season that's on the edge, a win no matter how it happens, can give the team a reprieve. Maybe even a little boost to help carry through the rest of the year. The defensive play was much better. Now what you hope is the team builds on that. 5 games left to see what happens. Many were staying factually we wouldn't win and the team had quit. That game is a direct contradiction to that, the players haven't quit. That's is something you want to see.

HancockCountyDog
10-24-2023, 02:26 PM
I'll tell you this, i have several AU friends and they think they lose this weekend. So do I.

We are only a +215 ML underdog.

Look - I've been saying for weeks. We simply have too many seniors to all of a sudden not be at least above average. We played like shit on both sides of the ball in several games, but maybe we have righted the ship. The coaching still scares the shit out of me, but we have too many seniors to not be decent. AU is not decent, they are below average.

We should win this game, they are ready to quit, while we are ready to keep winning.

Cooterpoot
10-24-2023, 02:29 PM
I'm hopeful this week but that's about it. More than I had last week though.

MBDawg601
10-24-2023, 02:57 PM
I get that some of you are happy we won and all that.

Winning will only mask our issues and potentially line us up for the same next year.

It's not like we came out and played well either. Arkansas just played worse. If you are okay with winning that way, right on. I never root for us to lose, but winning ugly is misleading and has already got some of you thinking we end up with 10 wins? Lol. Good grief.

Really Clark?
10-24-2023, 03:03 PM
I get that some of you are happy we won and all that.

Winning will only mask our issues and potentially line us up for the same next year.

It's not like we came out and played well either. Arkansas just played worse. If you are okay with winning that way, right on. I never root for us to lose, but winning ugly is misleading and has already got some of you thinking we end up with 10 wins? Lol. Good grief.

You don't think our defense played well last Sat?

BrunswickDawg
10-24-2023, 03:35 PM

SEC CO-Defensive Player of the Week Bookie Watson says we did.

ETA - now also named the Bednarik National Defensive Player of the Week

LC Dawg
10-24-2023, 04:02 PM
That's not it. It's when you are in a season that's on the edge, a win no matter how it happens, can give the team a reprieve. Maybe even a little boost to help carry through the rest of the year. The defensive play was much better. Now what you hope is the team builds on that. 5 games left to see what happens. Many were staying factually we wouldn't win and the team had quit. That game is a direct contradiction to that, the players haven't quit. That's is something you want to see.

I agree. This team saw the 0-8 in the SEC predictions before the season and the "See, I told you" when the losses and bad play was piling up. I'm not sure a 20 point win would have done much more for this team. They needed any kind of win over an SEC team. The defense is the side that badly needed a boost and they gave up 3 points on the road. You can say it's because Arkansas sucks on offense but that's 17 less points than Arkansas scored on any SEC team (they've played Bama, LSU, OM, A&M) this year.
Hopefully that translates into a good game Saturday and maybe it doesn't but I'm sure the team feels a lot better about it and that should make a difference.

MBDawg601
10-24-2023, 04:18 PM

I think they played better, yes.

Let's not get carried away after stopping a less than motivated Arkansas team. Our numbers on defense this year are atrocious. One good game doesn't change that and it is hard to get excited when we win in the way we did. That game was torture to watch, as with the rest of the season thus far.

Really Clark?
10-24-2023, 04:37 PM

Let's not get carried away after stopping a less than motivated Arkansas team. Our numbers on defense this year are atrocious. One good game doesn't change that and it is hard to get excited when we win in the way we did. That game was torture to watch, as with the rest of the season thus far.

An Ark team that had scored 21 the week before vs Bama. I mean before the game the fans predictions were we going to give 30 something points probably on average. We shoved it in their rear for 4 quarters and afterwards it's they were not motivated. 3 points wasn't just because they were unmotivated, we made them take it and like it.

Most are not going crazy and want to see it duplicated on defense. To see if it really has turned the corner. If we go back to trash on defense it will show up quickly. The offense has to play much better, no doubt. But I'm sure if we do beat Auburn and / or Kentucky there will be all these other qualifiers on why we did. It's hardly ever that we won a game it's about how the other team gave us a game.

Commercecomet24
10-24-2023, 04:44 PM
An Ark team that had scored 21 the week before vs Bama. I mean before the game the fans predictions were we going to give 30 something points probably on average. We shoved it in their rear for 4 quarters and afterwards it's they were not motivated. 3 points wasn't just because they were unmotivated, we made them take it and like it.

Most are not going crazy and want to see it duplicated on defense. To see if it really has turned the corner. If we go back to trash on defense it will show up quickly. The offense has to play much better, no doubt. But I'm sure if we do beat Auburn and / or Kentucky there will be all these other qualifiers on why we did. It's hardly ever that we won a game it's about how the other team gave us a game.

Here, hear! I?ll never understand why everytime we win a sec game it?s because the other team sucked not that we earned the win! Winning a sec game isn?t easy. Winning a sec road game is exponentially not easy, no matter the opponent. We played hard and with effort when most on here said we?d quit and would go 0-8. Yes we?ve got work to do but the fact we are still fighting and managed to win that game is a credit to the staff and players. We have to do better but winning a sec road game, no matter how ugly is a great start!

Great post, Clark!

BuckyIsAB****
10-24-2023, 05:39 PM

It?s been that way here since 2020

Homedawg
10-24-2023, 08:01 PM
It?s been that way here since 2020

Don't recall us winning 8 reg season games in 20. Or 21... I do in 22.

DownwardDawg
10-24-2023, 08:13 PM

Yeah. I'm not sure why Arkansas wouldn't be motivated. It was a must win game for them and they knew it.

BuckyIsAB****
10-24-2023, 08:19 PM
Don't recall us winning 8 reg season games in 20. Or 21... I do in 22.

We had people complaining about beating auburn and A&M on the road in 21. Had people complaining about beating A&M Auburn , Arkansas and OM in 22.

LC Dawg
10-24-2023, 08:49 PM

The below comments are from a quick review of schedules/scores but I think it's correct:

No one has mentioned it in this context but the 3 points given up by our defense is the least in any other conference game this year. I didn't do an average but from a quick scan it looks like it would be WAY below average. Also, the 2nd lowest is the Rebels that many on here like to praise.

MBDawg601
10-25-2023, 07:01 AM
Here, hear! I?ll never understand why everytime we win a sec game it?s because the other team sucked not that we earned the win! Winning a sec game isn?t easy. Winning a sec road game is exponentially not easy, no matter the opponent. We played hard and with effort when most on here said we?d quit and would go 0-8. Yes we?ve got work to do but the fact we are still fighting and managed to win that game is a credit to the staff and players. We have to do better but winning a sec road game, no matter how ugly is a great start!

Great post, Clark!

Did either of you watch the game? It was one of the worst games I have watched in a while. It was as if I were watching a swac game. Neither team could get anything going offensively and perform simple fundamentals of throwing and catching, kicking field goals ect.

We won, yes. No-one denies that, but my God stop acting like we have turned the corner. Some folks are taking that game as the turning point of our season. We performed just as bad with an entirely different style QB.

If you think this staff is doing a well enough job coaching fundamentals and making decisions during the game, I guess the rest of us should follow suit and support less than mediocre football coaching.

Dawgface
10-25-2023, 07:13 AM
We had people complaining about beating auburn and A&M on the road in 21. Had people complaining about beating A&M Auburn , Arkansas and OM in 22.

Yep. One of the biggest posters on the board did.

Tater
10-25-2023, 08:32 AM
Did either of you watch the game? It was one of the worst games I have watched in a while. It was as if I were watching a swac game. Neither team could get anything going offensively and perform simple fundamentals of throwing and catching, kicking field goals ect.

We won, yes. No-one denies that, but my God stop acting like we have turned the corner. Some folks are taking that game as the turning point of our season. We performed just as bad with an entirely different style QB.

If you think this staff is doing a well enough job coaching fundamentals and making decisions during the game, I guess the rest of us should follow suit and support less than mediocre football coaching.

Scenes from Oxfart's message board about their 55-49 win over LSU:

"Did either of you watch the game? It was one of the worst games I have watched in a while. It was as if I were watching a swac game. Neither team could get anything going defensively and perform simple fundamentals of tackling and covering, containing the qb. etc.

We won, yes. No-one denies that, but my God stop acting like we have turned the corner. Some folks are taking that game as the turning point of our season. We performed just as bad with an entirely different DC this year.

If you think this staff is doing a well enough job coaching fundamentals and making decisions during the game, I guess the rest of us should follow suit and support less than mediocre football coaching."

It's crazy to me how much people call a game where defenses are dominant bad football and a game where offenses are dominant as good football.

For coaches, I call winning good football. When you win you can build off of that and push things forward.

MBDawg601
10-25-2023, 03:11 PM
Scenes from Oxfart's message board about their 55-49 win over LSU:

"Did either of you watch the game? It was one of the worst games I have watched in a while. It was as if I were watching a swac game. Neither team could get anything going defensively and perform simple fundamentals of tackling and covering, containing the qb. etc.

We won, yes. No-one denies that, but my God stop acting like we have turned the corner. Some folks are taking that game as the turning point of our season. We performed just as bad with an entirely different DC this year.

If you think this staff is doing a well enough job coaching fundamentals and making decisions during the game, I guess the rest of us should follow suit and support less than mediocre football coaching."

It's crazy to me how much people call a game where defenses are dominant bad football and a game where offenses are dominant as good football.

For coaches, I call winning good football. When you win you can build off of that and push things forward.

No, performing basic fundamentals is good football. Our fan base is truly lost. It is no wonder we are where we are. You guys think Saturdays game was something to build off of? Give me a break! Please go rewatch it and tell me you like what you see. As a complete package, not one side of the ball. Special teams, offense and defense. There is nothing so far this season that tells me we are improved, especially not one game where neither offense could throw an accurate ball or run block.

Our defense did not turn "elite" over night. Yes they played better. It was hard not to play better when you are amongst the worst in the league in every category.

I'm glad some of you are clinging onto the defense performance for hope, donate to the BI, while you have that glimmer.

Tater
10-26-2023, 08:05 AM
No, performing basic fundamentals is good football. Our fan base is truly lost. It is no wonder we are where we are. You guys think Saturdays game was something to build off of? Give me a break! Please go rewatch it and tell me you like what you see. As a complete package, not one side of the ball. Special teams, offense and defense. There is nothing so far this season that tells me we are improved, especially not one game where neither offense could throw an accurate ball or run block.

Our defense did not turn "elite" over night. Yes they played better. It was hard not to play better when you are amongst the worst in the league in every category.

I'm glad some of you are clinging onto the defense performance for hope, donate to the BI, while you have that glimmer.

I saw the best defensive performance that anyone has had against an SEC team this year. Which says something for how bad our defense was playing earlier this year. On offense I saw conservative playcalling and a few mistakes to clean up that would turn 7-3 to 24-0. We left points on the board offensively yes. Mike Wright had two big TD runs stopped by weirdness that can be cleaned up. He tunnel visioned one throw that led to their 3 points. And we missed a chip shot FG.

There's a lot to build off of when you dominate your opponent's offense so bad that people think the QB was hungover and that the other team had quit. Our defense caused that.

Commercecomet24
10-26-2023, 08:54 AM
I saw the best defensive performance that anyone has had against an SEC team this year. Which says something for how bad our defense was playing earlier this year. On offense I saw conservative playcalling and a few mistakes to clean up that would turn 7-3 to 24-0. We left points on the board offensively yes. Mike Wright had two big TD runs stopped by weirdness that can be cleaned up. He tunnel visioned one throw that led to their 3 points. And we missed a chip shot FG.

There's a lot to build off of when you dominate your opponent's offense so bad that people think the QB was hungover and that the other team had quit. Our defense caused that.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Tater again.

BlackSailsDawg
10-26-2023, 10:46 AM

Then you might want to go look at the hog guy who does film break down. He very clearly points out How KJ could not connect to wide open WRs.

Tater
10-26-2023, 12:37 PM
Then you might want to go look at the hog guy who does film break down. He very clearly points out How KJ could not connect to wide open WRs.

No defense covers every player every play. The scheme to a good defense is to make the QB be unable to diagnose the weak point and stop them before they do.

But you're not here to think about defense in an active mindset are you? You only see defense as passive. That's your problem for not understanding how defense works. Shocker that you have a video reviewing from the offense as active mindset to try to prove your point.

Again it's amazing how ALABAMA AT HOME had KJ score 20+ yet he only got a cheap 3 against State.

MBDawg601
10-26-2023, 12:46 PM

Their defense put up a similar performance? I understand it was impressive, but the same could be same about Arkansas defensive performance. It was a pitiful game. Piss poor execution by both offenses. I'm not sure if it has anything to do with how well one or the other played on defense, but if we dominate auburn this weekend and continue to hold teams to 200 yard, then sure it wasn't a fluke and we have improved. Need more than one decent defensive game to persuade me we have improved. Obviously, all of this is my opinion and you do not have to agree with it.

Offense has been the same ol, "ifs and would'ves" all season. We cannot put points on the board.

Tater
10-26-2023, 01:30 PM
Their defense put up a similar performance? I understand it was impressive, but the same could be same about Arkansas defensive performance. It was a pitiful game. Piss poor execution by both offenses. I'm not sure if it has anything to do with how well one or the other played on defense, but if we dominate auburn this weekend and continue to hold teams to 200 yard, then sure it wasn't a fluke and we have improved. Need more than one decent defensive game to persuade me we have improved. Obviously, all of this is my opinion and you do not have to agree with it.

Offense has been the same ol, "ifs and would'ves" all season. We cannot put points on the board.

If you can't give your school credit for having a good game and enjoy a road SEC win, then go 90 miles west and be miserable with every other bama fan.

MBDawg601
10-26-2023, 01:32 PM
If you can't give your school credit for having a good game and enjoy a road SEC win, then go 90 miles west and be miserable with every other bama fan.

I don't believe it was a good game. It was miserable to watch. It would be a discredit to the team to say it was a well played football game.

Now, the defense did play better. I'm not ready to place any bets though.

Tater
10-26-2023, 03:49 PM
I don't believe it was a good game. It was miserable to watch. It would be a discredit to the team to say it was a well played football game.

Now, the defense did play better. I'm not ready to place any bets though.

We won on the road in the SEC.

That's always a good game. State lead for 40+ minutes. What more can you ask for dude christ. Your definition of good is warped.

Homedawg
10-26-2023, 04:12 PM
We won on the road in the SEC.

That's always a good game. State lead for 40+ minutes. What more can you ask for dude christ. Your definition of good is warped.

Correct. A win!! I've watched a ton of games where it wasn't a "good " game and we lost and got drilled. I've watched what some would consider a "good" game and lost. For me I'll just take the W and move on. Nobody gives two craps at the end of the year.

State82
10-27-2023, 05:06 AM

I see what you did there. Nice. Yeah, Arkansas counts as one full win. Our record is not 3.5 - 3. It is 4 - 3. Was it played like a well oiled machine? No. Did I enjoy the outcome? Absolutely.