PDA

View Full Version : This needs to be discussed - offense

Maverick91
10-23-2023, 10:22 AM
It was great to see the defense look like itself the past three years, I feel like Arnett was heavy handed if not taking over play calls this week. It was a night and day difference, I don?t care if it was against arky there was something different and it wasn?t just a bad opponent.

That being said, was I the only one who noticed two different offenses between the halves, even after the touchdown I thought the offense was going to start humming and it just looked like it crapped a brink and decided to not change its pants. I do not believe that Baybay is that stupid to see how well we were moving the ball and then to change it to run on 1st and 2nd down and then pass in 3rd in long. No OC is that dumb besides Mullen running Holloway up the middle.

For those of you that know, it has been said there is a divide amongst this staff about what this team will look like. I want to know the particulars as much as you can. Because the staff that said ?don?t throw? made the team look so stupid Saturday. I feel like we would have beat the breaks off of them if we kept running the offense from the touchdown drive. Arky was BEGGING us to put them down hard, you could see it and we just never put our foot on their throats.

What gives?

Todd4State
10-23-2023, 10:41 AM
I don't know what is going on behind the scenes but I did notice a couple of weeks ago Barbay pretty much contradicted what Arnett said about being aggressive against Alabama.

I don't care for Barbay as an OC but I agree with him that we should be more aggressive and that is our only chance to win a game like that.

BlackSailsDawg
10-23-2023, 11:21 AM
It was great to see the defense look like itself the past three years, I feel like Arnett was heavy handed if not taking over play calls this week. It was a night and day difference, I don?t care if it was against arky there was something different and it wasn?t just a bad opponent.

That being said, was I the only one who noticed two different offenses between the halves, even after the touchdown I thought the offense was going to start humming and it just looked like it crapped a brink and decided to not change its pants. I do not believe that Baybay is that stupid to see how well we were moving the ball and then to change it to run on 1st and 2nd down and then pass in 3rd in long. No OC is that dumb besides Mullen running Holloway up the middle.

For those of you that know, it has been said there is a divide amongst this staff about what this team will look like. I want to know the particulars as much as you can. Because the staff that said ?don?t throw? made the team look so stupid Saturday. I feel like we would have beat the breaks off of them if we kept running the offense from the touchdown drive. Arky was BEGGING us to put them down hard, you could see it and we just never put our foot on their throats.

What gives?

There are a ton of issues on that staff. One is trying to learn to be a HC, another is learning to be a DC, and the OC is trying to teach a system he spent only a year in at AP St and is clueless.

We are literally not training players... we are training coaches!

RockyDog
10-23-2023, 11:22 AM
We ran jet sweeps to both Tulu and Zavion in the first quarter. After that it was all first down vanilla runs with a straight handoff to the RB. There was no misdirection, no movement, just plain RB dive plays or extended handoff that were stuffed for minimal gains.

Arnett needs to stop with this crap. There is NO way this offense can be succelssful in 2nd and 10 and 3rd and 10.

R2Dawg
10-23-2023, 11:56 AM
We ran jet sweeps to both Tulu and Zavion in the first quarter. After that it was all first down vanilla runs with a straight handoff to the RB. There was no misdirection, no movement, just plain RB dive plays or extended handoff that were stuffed for minimal gains.

Arnett needs to stop with this crap. There is NO way this offense can be succelssful in 2nd and 10 and 3rd and 10.

CZA appears to be part of the problem. Maybe coord too but CZA is being way too conservative and not making winning HC decisions.

Coach34
10-23-2023, 12:07 PM
Arnett choked the offense

TrapGame
10-23-2023, 12:07 PM
CZA appears to be part of the problem. Maybe coord too but CZA is being way too conservative and not making winning HC decisions.

He's coaching scared and I don't think he's getting the best advice from his staff.

Churchill
10-23-2023, 12:15 PM
He's coaching scared and I don't think he's getting the best advice from his staff.

By staff do you mean that guy blowing in his ear on the sideline all the time ?

BlackSailsDawg
10-23-2023, 12:19 PM
By staff do you mean that guy blowing in his ear on the sideline all the time ?

Yep and Gene34

TrapGame
10-23-2023, 12:21 PM
By staff do you mean that guy blowing in his ear all the time

Oh, you mean the guy that suddenly disappeared from the sideline and is now never seen within ten feet of Arnett?

Churchill
10-23-2023, 12:32 PM
What happened to him, when did it happen and why ?

Maverick91
10-24-2023, 03:00 PM
I don't know what is going on behind the scenes but I did notice a couple of weeks ago Barbay pretty much contradicted what Arnett said about being aggressive against Alabama.

I don't care for Barbay as an OC but I agree with him that we should be more aggressive and that is our only chance to win a game like that.

I don’t care for much of what’s going on, I would like to see our defense do more of what it did this past weekend and for arnett to get out of the offensive conversation for me to get a solid read on Barbay.

StarkVegasSteve
10-24-2023, 04:48 PM
I don’t care for much of what’s going on, I would like to see our defense do more of what it did this past weekend and for arnett to get out of the offensive conversation for me to get a solid read on Barbay.

Well the thing is we are going to have to take shots and open up the offense to beat remaining teams on our schedule. Auburn presented some problems to OM and now that teams have seen us use Wright for one game they will stack the box and sell out. I think we have the athletes on the outside to open it up it will just be Barbay trusting Wright to let it loose and the GAs cutting off the headset of Arnett for offense.

BuckyIsAB****
10-24-2023, 05:19 PM
Arnett shut the offense down and Arkansas has the worst OL in the history of their school. And they quit.

We played a lot harder. Saturday we will find out, auburn is bad on O so if we look as good or better maybe we have flopped the switch on defense. Ellington and Preston are turning into legit SEC players. The guys are there to be solid. Pollack has given us an actual 3rd corner. I don?t think the front 7 was ever just awful. Getting healthier on DL helped a lot.

We are in survival mode on offense till we get our QB back. It is hope for a big run or a fluke catch like Robinson had. We are not going to run Wright as much as y?all want. The split zone QB wrap play Wright scored on that got called back is our best chance. Plays like that. Perimeter passing game like keys and bubbles. Quick game like hitch seam, slant bubble, and fade out. Sprint out and bootleg. We do not have a drop back pass we can execute with Wright vs auburns defense

confucius say
10-24-2023, 05:40 PM
Arnett shut the offense down and Arkansas has the worst OL in the history of their school. And they quit.

We played a lot harder. Saturday we will find out, auburn is bad on O so if we look as good or better maybe we have flopped the switch on defense. Ellington and Preston are turning into legit SEC players. The guys are there to be solid. Pollack has given us an actual 3rd corner. I don?t think the front 7 was ever just awful. Getting healthier on DL helped a lot.

We are in survival mode on offense till we get our QB back. It is hope for a big run or a fluke catch like Robinson had. We are not going to run Wright as much as y?all want. The split zone QB wrap play Wright scored on that got called back is our best chance. Plays like that. Perimeter passing game like keys and bubbles. Quick game like hitch seam, slant bubble, and fade out. Sprint out and bootleg. We do not have a drop back pass we can execute with Wright vs auburns defense

Surely we can get man coverage somewhere on a vertical and give our guys a chance to make a play. It shouldn't be hard to draw that up vs a defense selling out to stop the run

msudawg1200
10-24-2023, 07:18 PM
Again, Arnett is a Rocky Long disciple. Played and coached for/with him. Rocky Long is in his mid 70's. He's all about playing stout defense, conservative offense, and winning games 7-3. I don't mind solid defense and 13-7, 10-3, etc type games. I just don't think in the SEC with the athletes you see week to week that it's feasible.

BuckyIsAB****
10-24-2023, 08:20 PM
Surely we can get man coverage somewhere on a vertical and give our guys a chance to make a play. It shouldn't be hard to draw that up vs a defense selling out to stop the run

Gotta protect it then hes gotta get open then we have to be accurate. Good luck

BigDawg81
10-24-2023, 08:41 PM
By staff do you mean that guy blowing in his ear on the sideline all the time ? oh, you mean Brad as in Brad Peterson?

Coach34
10-24-2023, 08:44 PM
oh, you mean Brad as in Brad Peterson?

lol- internet myth

If you dont have a headset on the sideline- you arent very important

BuckyIsAB****
10-24-2023, 10:31 PM
lol- internet myth

If you dont have a headset on the sideline- you arent very important

Dont front. That cat is out of the bag. And deservedly so. There is a reason he is all of a sudden not in Arnetts hip pocket.

Pancho
10-25-2023, 06:42 AM
hilarious

Santiago
10-25-2023, 08:27 AM
Gotta protect it then hes gotta get open then we have to be accurate. Good luck

add to that... also look off the safeties and not stare down the one route.

Santiago
10-25-2023, 08:29 AM
Dont front. That cat is out of the bag. And deservedly so. There is a reason he is all of a sudden not in Arnetts hip pocket.

this! Suddenly now Peterson is not the coach whisperer on the sidelines anymore.