PDA

View Full Version : PJ Woodland committs to LSU

BlackSailsDawg
10-22-2023, 07:37 PM
To LSU...

17th ranked player in the state and we can't get him...

Coach34
10-22-2023, 07:47 PM
lol- Did you see where Joe Montana is leaving San Fran and going to Kansas City?

(We dropped him dickhead)

KOdawg1
10-22-2023, 07:47 PM
If you were a high school recruit, would you choose this staff?

Hell, I wouldn't. It's obvious where the trajectory of our program is headed. This staff is about as exciting as a chess club meeting.

BlackSailsDawg
10-22-2023, 07:48 PM
lol- Did you see where Joe Montana is leaving San Fran and going to Kansas City?

No we did not.

BlackSailsDawg
10-22-2023, 07:49 PM
If you were a high school recruit, would you choose this staff?

Hell, I wouldn't. It's obvious where the trajectory of our program is headed. This staff is about as exciting as a chess club meeting.

Those Chess Club people a little on the crazy side! It's going to get worse.

Homedawg
10-22-2023, 07:53 PM

That's not the story I got. It's not as simple as he dropped us either..... things get complicated these days. And

Homedawg
10-22-2023, 07:54 PM
To LSU...

17th ranked player in the state and we can't get him...

I'll bet a dollar to a donut he doesn't sign w lsu.

BuckyIsAB****
10-22-2023, 07:54 PM
No we did not.

We did

Commercecomet24
10-22-2023, 07:56 PM

This he won?t sign with lsu

BlackSailsDawg
10-22-2023, 07:58 PM

Maybe not. We will see.

Coach34
10-22-2023, 08:01 PM
BlackSails just keeps getting dunked on

Really Clark?
10-22-2023, 08:02 PM

Yeah I don't see it either

KOdawg1
10-22-2023, 08:05 PM
I think he probably ends up at OM.

I don't think it's over for us though

KOdawg1
10-22-2023, 08:08 PM
We did

LOL no we didn't. C34 is just trolling.

We didn't drop the best DB prospect in the state. That's just absurd

BuckyIsAB****
10-22-2023, 08:09 PM
LOL no we didn't. C34 is just trolling.

We didn't drop the best DB prospect in the state. That's just absurd

I can tell you for 100 percent certainty Hughes and Arnett were at his game not this past Friday but before and they left at halftime.

We did

Coach34
10-22-2023, 08:11 PM
He was getting torched vs Brandon- where Bucky coaches. Arnett left at half. He got dropped. No troll. He is small and not physical. No way he is the top DB prospect in MS. The Delta has at least 5 better than him

We are going hard juco/portal in the Secondary. U gotta be a stud HS guy for us to sign this cycle.

KOdawg1
10-22-2023, 08:15 PM
I can tell you for 100 percent certainty Hughes and Arnett were at his game not this past Friday but before and they left at halftime.

We did

Probably a situation where you know your gf is about to break up with you, so you break up with her first. He had a visit lined up to LSU the next day.

So yeah, maybe we "dropped" him, but I seriously doubt Arnett's evaluation is better than LSU.

Commercecomet24
10-22-2023, 08:16 PM
He was getting torched vs Brandon- where Bucky coaches. Arnett left at half. He got dropped. No troll. He is small and not physical. No way he is the top DB prospect in MS. The Delta has at least 5 better than him

We are going hard juco/portal in the Secondary. U gotta be a stud HS guy for us to sign this cycle.

Yeah woodland is super skinny and has a very small frame so won?t add much more weight and he can?t even be physical with good hs receivers.

Coach34
10-22-2023, 08:21 PM
Probably a situation where you know your gf is about to break up with you, so you break up with her first. He had a visit lined up to LSU the next day.

So yeah, maybe we "dropped" him, but I seriously doubt Arnett's evaluation is better than LSU.

I committed to Utah. Let's see if they sign me. LSU isnt signing that guy

KOdawg1
10-22-2023, 08:23 PM
LSU isnt signing that guy

Didn't say they were.

StarkVegasSteve
10-22-2023, 08:24 PM
So does anyone know the actual what happened on this one? I have seen we dropped him, he dropped us, NIL, and a combo of all 3. If I was a betting man it is a combo of all 3. My guess with absolutely no knowledge whatsoever is that he went to LSU and they put a tentative NIL offer on the table with nothing in writing, more of a just a what we could do for you type thing. He comes back to our staff with that news and once we took a closer look at him we decided it was not worth the NIL amount to pursue.

Ezsoil
10-22-2023, 08:25 PM

Did he have an offer from LSU? I remember in high school, I committed to Notre Dame but they didn't seem to care

KOdawg1
10-22-2023, 08:26 PM
Did he have an offer from LSU? I remember in high school, I committed to Notre Dame but they didn't seem to care

C34 already used that line. Find something funnier to say.

StarkVegasSteve
10-22-2023, 08:27 PM

I think it is one of those you have an offer but if someone better comes along we are going to drop you. I could honestly see this being a Bryson Hurst situation. Lane wants to go more portal heavy anyways so I doubt they will have a spot for him later on in the process.

Homedawg
10-22-2023, 08:29 PM
Maybe not. We will see.

I'll bet you...

Homedawg
10-22-2023, 08:29 PM
So does anyone know the actual what happened on this one? I have seen we dropped him, he dropped us, NIL, and a combo of all 3. If I was a betting man it is a combo of all 3. My guess with absolutely no knowledge whatsoever is that he went to LSU and they put a tentative NIL offer on the table with nothing in writing, more of a just a what we could do for you type thing. He comes back to our staff with that news and once we took a closer look at him we decided it was not worth the NIL amount to pursue.

Yes to your first question.... if lsu give him a nil package it better be written well. Bc he isn't worth what he wants. Not even remotely.

BuckyIsAB****
10-22-2023, 08:43 PM

That could be very true. But he is a lot smaller than you think.

Commercecomet24
10-22-2023, 09:45 PM
That could be very true. But he is a lot smaller than you think.

A LOT! I?ve known the kid since he was 5, he?s tiny and won?t get much bigger. Just a small framed kid.

Cooterpoot
10-22-2023, 10:18 PM
You guys can tote water for this staff, but he's headed to LSU because he dropped us. He waited for it and LSU offers and he jumped. It's ridiculous to keep toting that water.

Bothrops
10-23-2023, 02:48 AM
You guys can tote water for this staff, but he's headed to LSU because he dropped us. He waited for it and LSU offers and he jumped. It's ridiculous to keep toting that water.

This. Topic closed

Maroonthirteen
10-23-2023, 06:44 AM
If you were a high school recruit, would you choose to play for ......

...this schools fan base.

Bitch about everything. Don't show up to games. Just a miserable bunch of people.

basedog
10-23-2023, 07:35 AM
Not unusual for a kid or school to de-commit, next man up. I don't see all the fuss about this kid but carry on to another story or player please.

BlackSailsDawg
10-23-2023, 08:02 AM

That's correct. We were still after him. There is a reason why he has all the offers he does. He is 6' and somebody will put weight on him. BTW, the pumpers at 247 says Gene34 is full of it.

The answer to the question of "if we dropped him?" Answer is "We did not".

Really Clark?
10-23-2023, 08:26 AM
That's correct. We were still after him. There is a reason why he has all the offers he does. He is 6' and somebody will put weight on him. BTW, the pumpers at 247 says Gene34 is full of it.

The answer to the question of "if we dropped him?" Answer is "We did not".

He's less than 6' and has a very slight frame. I'm sure they will get some weight on him but it will be difficult to pack on much. Would like to have him, not saying I wouldn't as he is a developmental piece that could be solid in coverage as an upper class-man.

RiverCityDawg
10-23-2023, 08:34 AM
He's less than 6' and has a very slight frame. I'm sure they will get some weight on him but it will be difficult to pack on much. Would like to have him, not saying I wouldn't as he is a developmental piece that could be solid in coverage as an upper class-man.

Sounds like Khamauri Rogers.

BlackSailsDawg
10-23-2023, 08:39 AM
Sounds like Khamauri Rogers.

Pos CB
Height 6-0
Weight 150

That's his numbers from HS. Fact is, we wanted this kid. We still want the kid and he still has an offer.

confucius say
10-23-2023, 08:41 AM

So people in this thread who admittedly don't like this staff are toting water for this staff by saying we told him to kick rocks? Why would they tote water for a staff they don't like? That doesn't compute.

BlackSailsDawg
10-23-2023, 08:48 AM
So people in this thread who admittedly don't like this staff are toting water for this staff by saying we told him to kick rocks? Why would they tote water for a staff they don't like? That doesn't compute.

We did not tell him to kick rocks. We told him we still want him.

HancockCountyDog
10-23-2023, 08:48 AM
It seems like we will have an answer on this one,

If he signs with LSU, then I don?t believe we dropped him. If he ends up at USM, we dropped him.

Any other argument is spin.

BigDawg81
10-23-2023, 09:10 AM
State dropped him hahahaha. That?s ignorant. State dropped him so LSU can pick him up.

confucius say
10-23-2023, 09:28 AM
We did not tell him to kick rocks. We told him we still want him.

Ok. But my point is to dispute Cooter's logic that people who don't like this staff are toting water for this staff by saying otherwise.
Why would anybody who doesn't like this staff tote water for this staff? That doesn't add up.

PGHBulldogBG
10-23-2023, 09:34 AM
The most logical explanation is that it was a mutual decision based on NIL. He wanted a guaranteed amount and our staff didn?t want to pay that much. LSU was willing to give him what he wants because to them it?s nothing

Cooterpoot
10-23-2023, 09:40 AM
The most logical explanation is that it was a mutual decision based on NIL. He wanted a guaranteed amount and our staff didn?t want to pay that much. LSU was willing to give him what he wants because to them it?s nothing

LSU was his dream school, they offered and he jumped.
But AU and OM had already tried running up the price. He didn't go to those schools.
LSU didn't have to pay him more than the minimum.

HancockCountyDog
10-23-2023, 09:47 AM

Sounds right - also you don't waste a Friday night during your only bye week to attend a HS football game of a kid you are going to drop. Well, you can do it, but that is just ridiculous.

At the end of the day, if he signs with LSU, this scenario is the most logical explanation. If he ends up at USM, then the kid got dropped and he never had a firm offer from LSU.

BlackSailsDawg
10-23-2023, 10:03 AM
Ok. But my point is to dispute Cooter's logic that people who don't like this staff are toting water for this staff by saying otherwise.
Why would anybody who doesn't like this staff tote water for this staff? That doesn't add up.

I don;t know who Cooter was talking about. But I get your point.

Coach34
10-23-2023, 10:07 AM
Sounds right - also you don't waste a Friday night during your only bye week to attend a HS football game of a kid you are going to drop. Well, you can do it, but that is just ridiculous.

The drop came after our coach left at halftime after seeing all he needed to see.

BlackSailsDawg
10-23-2023, 10:19 AM
The drop came after our coach left at halftime after seeing all he needed to see.

We did not drop him per every writer out there. In fact, he still has the offer from MSU and we are still talking to him.

HancockCountyDog
10-23-2023, 10:29 AM

Did he not see him in person before we offered and accepted his commitment?

I'm just telling you, that never happens. You also don't drop an in-state kid at a power school like Oak Grove. If he signs with LSU, then your version is just spin. If he signs with USM, you will be right.

Commercecomet24
10-23-2023, 10:46 AM
Pos CB
Height 6-0
Weight 150

That's his numbers from HS. Fact is, we wanted this kid. We still want the kid and he still has an offer.

He's not 6', hes about 5'10" and 150. Now he does have some speed, but physical recievers eat his lunch.

BlackSailsDawg
10-23-2023, 10:53 AM
He's not 6', hes about 5'10" and 150. Now he does have some speed, but physical recievers eat his lunch.

The idea that LSU and many others have offered him yet we don't want him after he was committed to us... It's just laughable. The kid has offers and we are one of them. We did not drop this kid per every MSU writer and he still has that offer and we are still going after him.

Coach34
10-23-2023, 10:57 AM
We did not drop him per every writer out there. In fact, he still has the offer from MSU and we are still talking to him.

Rosey also hinted at the drop

Commercecomet24
10-23-2023, 11:13 AM
The idea that LSU and many others have offered him yet we don't want him after he was committed to us... It's just laughable. The kid has offers and we are one of them. We did not drop this kid per every MSU writer and he still has that offer and we are still going after him.

Did you read anywhere in my post that said we quit going after him? I was responding to your post about his size. And he is not physical an needs to gain at least 20-25 pounds to not get destroyed in the sec. You don't understand how small this kid is. I like PJ known him for years but he's tiny.

BlackSailsDawg
10-23-2023, 11:15 AM
Rosey also hinted at the drop

No Gene34, Rosey did not state that. His words today:

Q: We dropped him? A: We did not

Q: Are we still after him? A: Correct

BlackSailsDawg
10-23-2023, 11:17 AM
Did you read anywhere in my post that said we quit going after him? I was responding to your post about his size. And he is not physical an needs to gain at least 20-25 pounds to not get destroyed in the sec. You don't understand how small this kid is. I like PJ known him for years but he's tiny.

It was the same for Emerson and Kamari. That was my point. Kamari was 150 in weight.

Commercecomet24
10-23-2023, 11:19 AM
It was the same for Emerson and Kamari. That was my point. Kamari was 150 in weight.

Look, Emerson was a way more physical db and faster than woodland and kamari hasn't even cracked the field yet. Some of these things are not like the other. You're comparing apples to oranges. Some of us know these kids personally and have seen them play and grow over the years. IF he goes and that's a big IF to lsu he'll never start and will be a special teams player. PJs a great kid and I like him and hope he does well.

Coach34
10-23-2023, 11:21 AM

hahahaha. Mauri weighed 150 in the 9th grade when I coached him. He was at least 170 when he graduated.

Commercecomet24
10-23-2023, 11:23 AM
hahahaha. Mauri weighed 150 in the 9th grade when I coached him. He was at least 170 when he graduated.

He's trying to compare apples to oranges.

BlackSailsDawg
10-23-2023, 11:23 AM

No he was not.

BlackSailsDawg
10-23-2023, 11:28 AM
He's trying to compare apples to oranges.

You guys can act like we dropped him all day and down play his ability. I have no issue with you taking your stance on that. But we did not drop him. And we are still actively recruiting him along with

- Tx
- TAMU
- Tennessee
- Ole Miss
- Louisville
- FSU
- Auburn
- Arkansas

Really Clark?
10-23-2023, 11:30 AM

He just reading the size stats from the sites where they got it from the school. They must have weighed him in full uniform and measured his height with cleats on. Like you said. He's not that big, small frame. I will be surprised if he gets to 165 unless he starts eating 10000 calories a day and has a pot belly.

Commercecomet24
10-23-2023, 11:31 AM
You guys can act like we dropped him all day and down play his ability. I have no issue with you taking your stance on that. But we did not drop him. And we are still actively recruiting him along with

- Tx
- TAMU
- Tennessee
- Ole Miss
- Louisville
- FSU
- Auburn
- Arkansas

Once again and let me reiterate so you can understand, I never once said we quit recruiting him. As Homedawg said earlier this is one of those complicated situations. I'm just telling you IF he goes to lsu, he'll never start and will more than likely transfer after year one, IF he even goes there. That's all i'm, gonna say on the matter. That's where I'm at because I know a little bit more about this situation than "rosey".

Commercecomet24
10-23-2023, 11:33 AM
He just reading the size stats from the sites where they got it from the school. They must have weighed him in full uniform and measured his height with cleats on. Like you said. He's not that big, small frame. I will be surprised if he gets to 165 unless he starts eating 10000 calories a day and has a pot belly.

LOL, Yep! I've know the kid since he was 5, and your analysis is correct. He's tiny and thin and he can't carry a whole lot more weight just doesnt have the frame.

Activated Alpha
10-23-2023, 11:44 AM
LOL, Yep! I've know the kid since he was 5, and your analysis is correct. He's tiny and thin and he can't carry a whole lot more weight just doesnt have the frame.

Give him 15 more years with a wife and kids thrown in. He will definitely add weight then no matter the frame

Commercecomet24
10-23-2023, 11:47 AM
Give him 15 more years with a wife and kids thrown in. He will definitely add weight then no matter the frame

LOL, You got that right!

Have some rep!

Coach34
10-23-2023, 11:48 AM
No he was not.

Here you are going idiot again. Not learning after your Chris Jones fiasco

2021 roster HCC roster:

https://www.maxpreps.com/ms/lexington/holmes-county-central-jaguars/football/21-22/roster/

Commercecomet24
10-23-2023, 11:54 AM

I had a small frame and for years when I was playing tried to pack on more muscle but never could get to more than about 155. Now after 36 years of my wifes cooking and 4 kids I've had no trouble surpassing that 155! Not what you would call "good weight" though!

confucius say
10-23-2023, 01:23 PM

I'm just telling you, that never happens. You also don't drop an in-state kid at a power school like Oak Grove. If he signs with LSU, then your version is just spin. If he signs with USM, you will be right.

What if it's neither of those two?

KOdawg1
10-23-2023, 03:33 PM
...this schools fan base.

Bitch about everything. Don't show up to games. Just a miserable bunch of people.

Yep. I'm the reason we suck. Gtfo.

Been at every home game including Western Michigan btw. Gfy

Homedawg
10-23-2023, 04:19 PM
Delete

Coursesuper
10-23-2023, 05:41 PM
Anyone on here that actually believes everything that Rosey is selling you have issues. What is the guys job? It?s to sell more memberships and get more clicks. He and that bunch are pushing pure propaganda. They are counting on you thinking with your heart and not your head. Just stop, carry on.

Commercecomet24
10-23-2023, 06:25 PM
Anyone on here that actually believes everything that Rosey is selling you have issues. What is the guys job? It?s to sell more memberships and get more clicks. He and that bunch are pushing pure propaganda. They are counting on you thinking with your heart and not your head. Just stop, carry on.

Yep.

Patrick Tibbons
12-28-2023, 02:13 PM
I committed to Utah. Let's see if they sign me. LSU isnt signing that guy

Several people need to come back to this thread and have a plate of crow.

Coursesuper
12-28-2023, 02:19 PM
This he won?t sign with lsu

Why are we dragging a thread up from October? What good does this do?

Activated Alpha
12-28-2023, 02:35 PM
Why are we dragging a thread up from October? What good does this do?

Because I'm pretty sure everyone on this board has had 1 or two crows after being a State fan for most of their lives. Some have acquired the taste for it more than others, but I will say once it's smoked it ain't half bad

Coursesuper
12-28-2023, 02:40 PM
Because I'm pretty sure everyone on this board has had 1 or two crows after being a State fan for most of their lives. Some have acquired the taste for it more than others, but I will say once it's smoked it ain't half bad

That sounds appealing, I do prefer Cajun deep fried myself.

KOdawg1
12-28-2023, 03:06 PM
Lol there was some water toting for the previous staff that sucked at their jobs.

Todd4State
12-28-2023, 03:06 PM
What is this all about? I'm confused. We'll probably end up with Woodland after he goes in the portal whenever that is.

confucius say
12-28-2023, 03:20 PM
Good for PJ. Hope he's happy.

Kelly better tighten up on the bayou. I think he's got one more year to get it together. Underperforming team, historically bad defense, only good thing he had was his OC who just went to ND, and not even a top 10 recruiting class at lsu where any moron can land a top 10 class.

Todd4State
12-28-2023, 04:44 PM
Good for PJ. Hope he's happy.

Kelly better tighten up on the bayou. I think he's got one more year to get it together. Underperforming team, historically bad defense, only good thing he had was his OC who just went to ND, and not even a top 10 recruiting class at lsu where any moron can land a top 10 class.

Very real chance Kelly ends up in the NFL at some point.

Jack Lambert
12-28-2023, 04:55 PM
Here you are going idiot again. Not learning after your Chris Jones fiasco

2021 roster HCC roster:

https://www.maxpreps.com/ms/lexington/holmes-county-central-jaguars/football/21-22/roster/

Theres a difference between being an idiot and being ignorant on a subject. I would imagine a idiot could not even turn the computer on.

HancockCountyDog
12-28-2023, 07:49 PM

I think Im right here. Thats what message boards are for, to talk shit and end up being right.

Todd4State
12-29-2023, 11:21 AM
I think Im right here. Thats what message boards are for, to talk shit and end up being right.

Our coaching staff last year didn't help too much. It sounds like their recruiting was a disaster.