Tenn -3 @ Kentucky
Georgia -15.5 over Fla
A&M -13 over SC

parabrave
10-22-2023, 01:03 PM
Take the points and the under

msstate7
10-22-2023, 01:09 PM
Not a bad matchup for us if our D is truly fixed. Their offense is bad, and their rushing D is 13th in sec

chef dixon
10-22-2023, 01:25 PM
That's a big number

confucius say
10-22-2023, 01:27 PM
Need wood and Pittman to get healthy

confucius say
10-22-2023, 02:10 PM
Auburn is down to 4.5

Quaoarsking
10-22-2023, 02:24 PM
I'm going to go out on a limb and call us to win outright.

Biguglyjoe
10-22-2023, 02:56 PM

I hope you're right, but that's a hard call for me to make considering the fact that Arnett appears to have zero situational awareness. It's probably the worst I've seen.

HoopsDawg
10-22-2023, 03:15 PM
I hope you're right, but that's a hard call for me to make considering the fact that Arnett appears to have zero situational awareness. It's probably the worst I've seen.

Let's just be honest, Arnett was not prepared for this job. Maybe he can grow into it, maybe not. But his ability to recruit will determine if he gets the time. Early returns are not promising.

BigDawg81
10-22-2023, 03:39 PM
I wonder how much Wright will improve from his 1st start. Will will be out for a couple more weeks is what I?m hearing.

msstate7
10-22-2023, 03:49 PM
I wonder how much Wright will improve from his 1st start. Will will be out for a couple more weeks is what I?m hearing.

Having no other backup really hurts us using wright. I'm sure we'd love to do a lot more zone read with him, but can't get him hurt

FISHDAWG
10-22-2023, 03:59 PM
Having no other backup really hurts us using wright. I'm sure we'd love to do a lot more zone read with him, but can't get him hurt

I wonder who's taking 2nd team reps in practice.... I assume it's Parson ?

Really Clark?
10-22-2023, 04:04 PM
I wonder who's taking 2nd team reps in practice.... I assume it's Parson ?

Weir is second team. Parson hand is still wrapped up

R2Dawg
10-22-2023, 06:22 PM

Need to get one more SEC win in next two weeks. Don't see Will beating anyone in SEC.

CaptainObvious
10-22-2023, 06:56 PM
Let's just be honest, Arnett was not prepared for this job. Maybe he can grow into it, maybe not. But his ability to recruit will determine if he gets the time. Early returns are not promising.

Why is it that MISSISSIPPI STATE has to always be the learning floor for inexperienced coaches & AD?s. We got away with it with Mullen, but it was a failure for Felker, Cannizaro, Croom, Rick Ray, McCrae, and now Arnett.

Please make it stop!

Coach34
10-22-2023, 07:04 PM
Total opens at 43

Really Clark?
10-22-2023, 07:05 PM
Why is it that MISSISSIPPI STATE has to always be the learning floor for inexperienced coaches & AD?s. We got away with it with Mullen, but it was a failure for Felker, Cannizaro, Croom, Rick Ray, McCrae, and now Arnett.

Please make it stop!

The pool of coaches who were interested a lot of those years where not filled experienced coaches begging to come here. Not sure how McCray-Penson fits with those other coaches though. She had HC experience. Moorehead had experience as a HC...that was a wet fart.

AD's recently, Byrne was pretty good and at Bama. Stricklin was better than most message board people give him credit for, mainly in marketing and fundraising and at Florida. Cohen - dud but thank you Auburn

Coach34
10-22-2023, 07:14 PM
The pool of coaches who were interested a lot of those years where not filled experienced coaches begging to come here. Not sure how McCray-Penson fits with those other coaches though. She had HC experience. Moorehead had experience as a HC...that was a wet fart.

AD's recently, Byrne was pretty good and at Bama. Stricklin was better than most message board people give him credit for, mainly in marketing and fundraising and at Florida. Cohen - dud but thank you Auburn

Yep- our AD's have moved on to better jobs. We are a diamond ground for AD's.

Felker got hired because he was a State guy
Ray got hired because he wasnt a big AAU guy and we had already been turned down by a few others
Croom got hired over Jimbo because Templeton is an absolute moron
Cann was a good hire that sabotaged himself
Jury still out on Arnett

viverlibre
10-22-2023, 07:33 PM
Cann was a good hire that sabotaged himself

It's undefeated throughout human history.

EdwardDrayton
10-22-2023, 07:41 PM
Total opens at 43

Waaaaaay under

Bothrops
10-22-2023, 07:48 PM

Or use Price, Davis and Lee more.

Really Clark?
10-22-2023, 07:54 PM
Or use Price, Davis and Lee more.

Davis is not going to get more touches until he learns to protect the ball better. Price needs to keep getting healthier

Bothrops
10-22-2023, 08:36 PM
Davis is not going to get more touches until he learns to protect the ball better. Price needs to keep getting healthier

What's wrong with Price? And anyone can fumble once.

DownwardDawg
10-22-2023, 08:44 PM

Me too. I like our chances better than I did at Arkansas.
I was wrong then though........

basedog
10-22-2023, 08:51 PM
I’m a little surprised at Auburn being more than say 3. But then again, they are at home and I think they are just a slight favored.

confucius say
10-22-2023, 09:36 PM
It's undefeated throughout human history.

Never understand this comment. Plenty of men have turned down sex

Lord McBuckethead
10-22-2023, 11:28 PM

If they are not healthy, we need to see Price and Davis. We need speed and a RB that can put moves on tacklers. Woody is my man, but he played way too many plays after the muscle pull last Saturday. Davis was moving the ball.

msstate7
10-23-2023, 09:33 AM
Up to 7

Sorta surprised it went up

HancockCountyDog
10-23-2023, 09:41 AM
Up to 7

I think AU has a few more playmakers on offense and the way Enos used Jefferson actually makes me fear Ashford more than him.

I normally re-watch our game Sunday morning, i don't recommend anyone else do that. Just enjoy the win.

I didn't watch much of the AU/bearshark game but this game seems awfully similar. I think AU's defense is on par with Arkansas, and I think their offense is slightly better.

If we can take advantage of Wright's running ability and call more draws runs, i think this can be another win. He only had 11 carries against Upig, that number needs to be between 15-18.

msstate7
10-23-2023, 09:51 AM
I think AU has a few more playmakers on offense and the way Enos used Jefferson actually makes me fear Ashford more than him.

I normally re-watch our game Sunday morning, i don't recommend anyone else do that. Just enjoy the win.

I didn't watch much of the AU/bearshark game but this game seems awfully similar. I think AU's defense is on par with Arkansas, and I think their offense is slightly better.

If we can take advantage of Wright's running ability and call more draws runs, i think this can be another win. He only had 11 carries against Upig, that number needs to be between 15-18.

Maybe.

Ark and auburn have 3 common opponents...

aTm
Auburn on road: aTm +17
Ark neutral: aTm + 12

OM
Auburn at home: OM + 7
Ark on road: OM +3

LSU
Auburn on road: LSu +30
Ark on road: LsU + 3

This is obviously an inexact science, but ark outperformed in all 3 of their common opponents

HancockCountyDog
10-23-2023, 10:09 AM
I think you saw Arkansas players get frustrated with what they were running and KJ just assumed he was getting sacked once any pressure was brought. The players know when the coaching staff doesn't have a clue, and that is what I saw in that game.

I'm not sure AU is in that position yet, but I think they are close. If the players don't believe in what they are running, then its downhill from there.

I think AU and Arkansas are similar, but I think Freezus is a better coach than Pittman. The quote from Pittman after the game that the delay of game penalty was because he didn't know what he wanted to do was just shocking. He should have been fired once he left the podium. We won't get that lucky with Freezus.

More than anything, i think the fact that we have something like 25 seniors playing gives our team the experience to get a W this weekend. As i've said all year, lets get the wins when they are available, because next year is coming.

Maroonthirteen
10-23-2023, 10:20 AM
I watched most of Auburns game v Cal and all of the game vs OM. AU offense was horrible v Cal.

I believe Thorne/Ashford have more speed than Jefferson. Also AU QBs are more willing to tuck and run than KJ. It seems the AU QBs look to run on pass plays. Whereas KJ wanted to throw. With that said, AU attempted only 17 pass plays v OM. Their pass game is NOT good. The difference in the two AU QBs is negligible. I don't know why Freeze trots them both out there. He keeps them out of rhythm.

So if we can contain those two QBs and play half way decent in the secondary, it will be another low scoring game. It will come down to if we can play defense like we did in Fayetteville and if Wright can break off some long runs, again (that aren't called back or stopped because of a towel). Of course I'm assuming we clean up the snap issue.

Maroonthirteen
10-23-2023, 10:24 AM
Btw, that OM v AU game. OM didn't play their best. Dart was off that game and missed some throws. One of which resulted in an INT. So many offensive penalties. OMs special teams was sloppy. Fumbled hold, short kicks, muffed punts.... AU didn't take advantage of any of it.

Also AU had a big moment in the game with a 4&1 in OMs territory. I believe it was in the 4thQ. They were going for it. A flag for 12 players in the huddle, backs them up 5. Hugh punts.

HancockCountyDog
10-23-2023, 10:41 AM
What surprises me is that AU fans are shocked that AU isn't good. They fired Harsin after two seasons and their biggest complaint was that the guy didn't recruit and most of the guys he did sign were shit. I know Freezus plays up the religion, but spoiler alert, the guy actually can't perform miracles and his team still doesn't have talent.

I love it though, because that fanbase does stupid shit when they are angry and getting beat by the bears, and based on the yardage from their game (i didn't watch the game yet) they got pretty roughed up.

When AU is a dumpster fire, this is always good for MSU.

RockyDog
10-23-2023, 01:17 PM

Auburn has zero talent at WR. Robby Ashford can't throw a lick and Thorne may be able to at least get it close to the broad side of the barn. About half his passing yards came on a couple of plays at the end of the game. If we play coverage similar to what we did last week, Auburn will have about the same result as Arky did. We just gotta protect against them breaking a big run from Hunter or one of the QBs.

LC Dawg
10-23-2023, 01:36 PM
I watched most of Auburns game v Cal and all of the game vs OM. AU offense was horrible v Cal.

I believe Thorne/Ashford have more speed than Jefferson. Also AU QBs are more willing to tuck and run than KJ. It seems the AU QBs look to run on pass plays. Whereas KJ wanted to throw. With that said, AU attempted only 17 pass plays v OM. Their pass game is NOT good. The difference in the two AU QBs is negligible. I don't know why Freeze trots them both out there. He keeps them out of rhythm.

So if we can contain those two QBs and play half way decent in the secondary, it will be another low scoring game. It will come down to if we can play defense like we did in Fayetteville and if Wright can break off some long runs, again (that aren't called back or stopped because of a towel). Of course I'm assuming we clean up the snap issue.

Saturday was the first time I watched Auburn this year so I wasn't sure if the 2 QB system had been used all year but I definitely didn't understand it. It didn't look like there was any kind of a rotation - seemed like they just ran them out there randomly.

Maverick91
10-23-2023, 02:58 PM
Auburn has ZERO offense I have watched them most of the year and they are not good, no rhythm, no key player, no identity what so ever. I think they are just waiting for something to break free. If our defense really made a change for the better and arky wasn’t a fluke, there is no way we don’t win. I �� take our defense to kill their offense.

On the other side of the ball, I do think that we are way more consistent even though we aren’t good, but I also think we aren’t good because their is to much meddling in the play calling. So, even if the meddling doesn’t stop I think we move the ball enough in auburn to win.

HoopsDawg
10-23-2023, 03:02 PM
Up to 7

I was looking to bet AU -2.5. Can't believe it's 7. Wow, Vegas hates us. Arkansas mailed in that game as much as I've ever seen a team quit.

Bothrops
10-25-2023, 01:47 AM
This game is going to come down to our run blocking and pass blocking which wasn't good Saturday. That assuming we have a repeat on defense.

HancockCountyDog
10-25-2023, 09:20 AM
This game is going to come down to our run blocking and pass blocking which wasn't good Saturday. That assuming we have a repeat on defense.

I thought about it this morning. So far this season we have two outliers. The offense against SC and the defense against the pigs.

Is either of them real? I think we find out this weekend. I think our defense can stop the run and if you can't throw the ball effectively, we will bring pressure to make sure you struggle to run.

I thought Arkansas could have run the ball on us, there were lanes, but their RB's were shit. I think Hunter is pretty good, I'll be interested to see how we bottle him up.

The bottom line is that we would be happy to go 7-5 and AU think its beneath them to go 7-5. I think that will affect how our team plays.

BrunswickDawg
10-26-2023, 07:59 AM
As bad as we have been on offense - Auburn is arguably worse. Looking at their P5 games, they are averaging 261 yards of total offense and 16.6 points a game (that Cal game hurts them).
Against SEC opponents they average 17.3 pts vs. our 17 and 261 yards vs. our 298.6 (although that does include 1 defensive TD, so the AU offense has produced 15.5 a game).

This game really has the potential to be another 3-2.

basedog
10-26-2023, 08:02 AM
As bad as we have been on offense - Auburn is arguably worse. Looking at their P5 games, they are averaging 261 yards of total offense and 16.6 points a game (that Cal game hurts them).
Against SEC opponents they average 17.3 pts vs. our 17 and 261 yards vs. our 298.6 (although that does include 1 defensive TD, so the AU offense has produced 15.5 a game).

This game really has the potential to be another 3-2.

Or it could be a "breakout" game for one of the teams. let's hope it's Maroon, "only color that matters!".

Schultzy
10-27-2023, 08:51 PM
MSU 20-17

Oklahoma -9.5 over Kansas
App st -16.5 over USM
Utah +6.5 over Oregon
UGA-14.5 over FLA
Tennessee-3.5 over Kentucky

16-13 ATS

1-2 last wk

Tater
10-28-2023, 02:25 AM
MSU 20-17

Oklahoma -9.5 over Kansas
App st -16.5 over USM
Utah +6.5 over Oregon
UGA-14.5 over FLA
Tennessee-3.5 over Kentucky

16-13 ATS

1-2 last wk

OU players have a bug going around. That's a stay away game.

parabrave
10-28-2023, 02:54 AM
Kansas, Utah and FL