PDA

View Full Version : Remember we are not their rivals. Posted today on Bafoom

Jack Lambert
12-04-2013, 09:42 AM
http://nafoom.yuku.com/topic/47109/sound-Statefanish-need-MSU-slaughtered-bowl-game

dawg1
12-04-2013, 09:49 AM
Those that let football control their spirit are weak

starkvegasdawg
12-04-2013, 09:56 AM
So if the opposite happens and we dismantle our opponent and they get beat maybe we should put up a billboard near Oxford with the number to the suicide prevention hotline. I have seen their fanbase plenty butthurt over losing the Egg Bowl but I am not sure I have ever seen them this distraught. This is a whole new level of sandy vag right here. I think it has to be a culmination of things other than football. This may have started with our CWS run back in the summer when they fizzled out, again, in regional play. It looks like they are realizing the only sport they can even come close to hanging their hat on is basketball and they are one crackhead meltdown away from being a joke in that sport too. I think the tension of being bad in every sport they play is starting to take its toll and when Goldilocks fumbled on the two that just sent a large portion of the fanbase over the edge. It's like they just saw a tree pull itself out of the ground and walk off.

Political Hack
12-04-2013, 09:58 AM
I like not being their rival. apparently that makes them play very poorly against us... again and again and again. I don't think rivalries are supposed to be this one sided anyway.

TrapGame
12-04-2013, 09:59 AM
Rebel Chuck actually has an avatar of himself in those godawful red pants?!!

Wow, the mental problems run deep and long in these folks.

Dawgtini
12-04-2013, 11:53 AM
It's like they just saw a tree pull itself out of the ground and walk off.
+1 I laughed.

smootness
12-04-2013, 12:00 PM
It all really started with their recruiting class. That's something that had never happened before, that no one (probably most of their own fans, too) really thought was possible, and it was a perfect storm that all came together for them on signing day.

I think once they signed that class, they truly believed they were now on a different level, that Freeze was the genius they'd always waited for and that they were now on the level of the top programs in the country and would never have to fool with us again.

Once they lost a few games this year, some of the shine wore off, and when we actually beat them, with our 5 wins coming in, they came crashing back down to earth, and they crashed hard. It's really the only explanation for this. They thought they had jumped a level and wouldn't have to worry with us again, and now they know that isn't true.

Scooter
12-04-2013, 04:35 PM
Rebel Chuck was my paperboy when I lived in Oxford - another proud day for the representative of the flagship

Political Hack
12-04-2013, 04:42 PM
Rebel Chuck was my paperboy when I lived in Oxford - another proud day for the representative of the flagship

Isn't that what most Ole Miss engineers end up doing professionally?

EngineerDawg
12-04-2013, 04:45 PM
Isn't that what most Ole Miss engineers end up doing professionally?

...... or substitute teaching.

ShotgunDawg
12-04-2013, 04:48 PM
I have no problem with the Egg Bowl meaning more to us than OM, and LSU meaning more to OM than us.

The truth is that, due to this, we are going to beat OM more than OM is going to beat LSU. Therefore, it seems to me that by us caring about the Egg Bowl more than them, we will always have a great chance at having one more additional win on the schedule than them.

If they beat LSU 1 out of every 5 times they play them because they care more, and we beat OM 3 out of every 5 times we play them, because we care more, it seems as if we come out on the top of that deal in most years.

Seems to me that OM's program would be much better off if they cared more about a game that they could actually win on semi-regular basis.

They play LSU well, but they don't beat them on a semi-regular basis.
am I right?

mjh94
12-04-2013, 04:48 PM
the only good thing about that thread:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-FGSzHCZySVI/UR1LtuUSypI/AAAAAAAAKWg/Xka9oIHQeag/s1600/Danielle-Lo.gif

Coach34
12-04-2013, 05:02 PM
They have reached a new level of being distraught this year. They sincerely thought for the first time since the 1960's that their program was ready to start contending with the powers of the SEC- and that they had left us behind. They have been fed all this damn propaganda- and it's at a Nazi level in Oxford. So many of them have been clamoring that Freezus was going to win a NC by his 4th season.

Now they have lost to Mizzou at home and then to us- finishing 6th in the SEC West and 10th overall. They realized all the effort, resources, and luck that came together for that one recruiting class did nothing in year 1 to elevate their standing in the SEC. They still finished 6th in the SEC- and behind us for the 4th season in a row.

Reality hurts when its a far cry from your hopes and dreams

ShotgunDawg
12-04-2013, 05:08 PM
They have reached a new level of being distraught this year. They sincerely thought for the first time since the 1960's that their program was ready to start contending with the powers of the SEC- and that they had left us behind. They have been fed all this damn propaganda- and it's at a Nazi level in Oxford. So many of them have been clamoring that Freezus was going to win a NC by his 4th season.

Now they have lost to Mizzou at home and then to us- finishing 6th in the SEC West and 10th overall. They realized all the effort, resources, and luck that came together for that one recruiting class did nothing in year 1 to elevate their standing in the SEC. They still finished 6th in the SEC- and behind us for the 4th season in a row.

Player development and scouting evaluation scares the shit out of them.

They care so much about recruiting because they cheat and it's the only thing their boosters can control.

They will never offer credit to scouting and player development because, with all their might, they don't want to believe that it matters more or just as much as recruiting.

Their boosters can't control and have little understanding of this part of the game, and thus are scared by it.

Todd4State
12-04-2013, 05:22 PM
Player development and scouting evaluation scares the shit out of them.

They care so much about recruiting because they cheat and it's the only thing their boosters can control.

They will never offer credit to scouting and player development because, with all their might, they don't want to believe that it matters more or just as much as recruiting.

Their boosters can't control and have little understanding of this part of the game, and thus are scared by it.

I agree for the most part. What they want are phenoms who can come in right away and be senior level players- they want a bunch of Chris Jones's. But the reality is even if you are Alabama, LSU, Florida State, and USC- players like Chris Jones are rare.

I don't know if they necessarily undervalue player development as much as they want a quick fix. But to get a class of 15 phenoms (being somewhat realistic) would be very much the exception to the rule.

I also think that they may not quite understand that even talented players need time to develop and that there is a huge gap between even the best high school football leagues and the SEC. As someone said the other day, they are not patient and that hurts them sometimes.

I think they put too much stock into recruiting web sites and their evaluations as well. Tavese Calhoun is a good example of that. All they saw were two stars by his name and they assumed he couldn't play. Our coaches saw a guy that performed well in the Mississippi/Alabama HS all-star game with SEC size and offered. I remember them making fun of Benardrick McKinney as well- and he's probably going to end up in the NFL one day. They made fun of us for getting Chris Jones when he was a two star and then by January when he becomes a five star guy, Yancy is stalking him at some gas station at 3 AM in Lafayette County.

As far as Mississippi, I think they tend to go after the big schools too much- or at least overemphasize them- and it limits their scope. If Calhoun played at Madison Central, South Panola, Tupelo, Meridian, or Olive Branch- they would have been all over him.

And as far as their boosters go, I would imagine that they for the most part go after who they are told to go after. Who that's coming from- I don't know.

Political Hack
12-04-2013, 06:07 PM
I can't look away.

War Machine Dawg
12-04-2013, 07:01 PM

Go ahead and call me crazy, but we better watch our six this offseason. The Bears have gone off the deep end in a way they haven't in a long time and maybe ever. Their boosters will step up the shenanigans and pull out all the stops to bring us down. I'm talking hiring PIs, finding boosters willing to sleep with NCAA investigators, the works. I just hope Mullen and LT 2.0 are ready for what could be coming. We all know those bastards will do anything possible to destroy us.

gravedigger
12-04-2013, 07:02 PM
I'm not so sure they thought they had reached any new level other than completely reversing the trend that Mullen set in 2009. That had to be frustrating to them. This year really represented the polar opposite of our 2010 year when we went to the gator and they stayed at home. They win this one and they are in a good bowl while we sit at home. The momentum shifts and we are all distraught with Mullen (see Nutt) while they bask in the new coach making more progress.

Fact is, that might have happened. But now, they go home with little or nothing. No good bowl, no back to back egg, and MSU is looking at another bowl next year with our schedule. This is going to be hard for them to swallow for a couple of years unless they pull off the win next year. IF they don't, and I do mean IF, the die is cast. They are going on another coaching search for someone who can keep them from being embarrassed in their home state.

Recruiting titles are cool things ONLY WHEN they lead to tangible success. What they got this year wasn't. If we are fool enough to believe that they wont rebound next year we are kidding ourselves too. They get a power running back and the egg bowl could be an epic clash next year with a great deal riding on it.

They have a year to prepare that last class for a big year if the beaver is smart. If they have an offseason of turmoil or cannot get that coveted power running back, they will be the same team. Wallace will be just as good and they will have good players on both sides of the ball.

We need to have a recruiting year that shores up our OL and Wide receiver corps so that when the big game happens in Hades next year, we keep the egg in its rightful home, and head out to a BCS game.

EDITED TO ADD: we will only enjoy the same success as this year if we don't shore up the kicking game.

War Machine Dawg
12-04-2013, 07:02 PM
I can't look away.

+1

Mesmerizing.

Coach34
12-04-2013, 07:43 PM
the only good thing about that thread:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-FGSzHCZySVI/UR1LtuUSypI/AAAAAAAAKWg/Xka9oIHQeag/s1600/Danielle-Lo.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=miDZrf15ljk