PDA

View Full Version : Sunday Morning QB- It's OK That You Were Wrong Edition

Coach34
10-22-2023, 10:03 AM
1. Went back to the basics yesterday again for just a good ol meal. Inch and half ribeyes, marinated for about an hour, then grilled along with a boudin appetizer. Also grilled some corn for the side. Simple and to the point.

2.Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahaha.
That's going to leave a mark on many of you. Not only did this staff win an SEC game, they did it with a back-up QB and a dominant performance on D. Whether you like it or not- Arnett probably secured his job yesterday. Also, as many of you saw last night, we have a shot to win this coming Saturday as well. Auburn is not very good. Kentucky's QB has been under 50% completion rate the last 3 weeks. We could end up 7-5 before it's all said and done.

3. I really liked the way the offense looked in the 1st half. It was what I thought it would be. We mixed it up with reads, boots, RPO, and such. Gave them 3 on a bad RPO read to start the game. Got to be better there. Safety jumped it all the way. Underneath guy was open. Did a good job getting Tulu involved. Wright damn near broke one but the DB dove and grabbed him by the towel (how the hell the towel not get pulled out????). Had 148 yards at half which about halfway to 300- so we were on a decent pace. Got a TD called back on a questionable call. Missed a chip shot FG.

4. The ultra-conservative playing not to lose mindset by Arnett was ridiculous. I understand the D was playing lights out but damn man- put the Pigs away. Terrible job from the HC on some situational decisions during the game. Then to top it off- he put the clamp down on the OC- forcing him to be ultra-conservative. Soooo many times teams lose doing that- fortunately for us we came out on top.

5. Woody finally starts getting that ankle healthy and what happens? Tweaks the hammy. That injury is such a crapshoot too. No way to know when it heals up. He will be getting the electric stem and all sorts of crap done to him this week. Good luck my man. Our rookie RB better get that football high and tight- secure that damn thing.

6. Our Center is apparently deaf. Everybody else could hear the clap except him. What's up with the illegal snaps by Centers this year? I saw 4 different teams do it yesterday. Auburn will be even louder Saturday. Use the Guard to look back at the QB and then tap the Center. Whatever you have to do- fix it by Saturday. Pre-snap penalties happen on the road- Bama had a bunch at A&M. Mississippi had a bunch last night. They happen. We see we have a problem- let's find another solution better than what we had yesterday.

7. Helluva job by the defensive staff. They had UPig scouted top to bottom. The gameplan was perfect defensively. We looked like we were playing with 13 guys on D. KJ was frustrated all day long. Sacked 4 times. Pressured. We brought people from all over. We played physical. We had fresh legs. You simply cant give them any more credit than they deserve- except for the 3 man DL Drop 8 on 3rd and longs. Damn we give up some easy throws there. They shut down UPig like nobody else has all season. Ellington played more than usual and played well. #34- Pollock- is starting to get alot more time. Maybe the rookie is for real. Lots of hope moving forward now.

8. The punting was awful. 37 yard average is not good. If you want to look for a positive I guess is that we arent getting any punts returned against us because they are short so net punting is decent. We've only had 3 punts returned against us all season. So there's that. Can't miss that chip shot FG. We can argue about going for it or not- and neither side would be wrong. But it was a chip shot to make it a 7 point game. Got to knock that down.

9. All this bluster about some players not being happy is just a few WR's mad plus a certain QB. WR's always get mad when they arent getting thrown to- especially coming out of an offense that threw the ball 50 times a game. Thats going to happen in a transition. I know people want to see some more Creed but we arent taking Tulu off the field to do it. The TE is not coming off the field- this is our offense now. We will rarely go 10 personnel. Bitch all you want- it's not happening much. We are 7 games in- this is who we are

10. Well, the big 3 game stretch is down to 2. We are 1-0. It was a GOOD win- not a great one. It was ugly. It was wayyyy too ultra-conservative. But at the end of the day- it was a win and that was the goal. I'm sorry the AR Cult is all in their feelings yesterday and today over us winning- but get ready cause we probably gonna win another SEC game if not 2. And there is not chance of the Nasty Bunch beating us. We could beat them without throwing a pass. 4-3 now headed to play 3-4 Auburn- a team we are ahead of in Total O and Scoring O.

HailState!!

Quaoarsking
10-22-2023, 10:56 AM
Well, if you really liked the way the offense looked and you enjoyed watching the game, then congrats to you. If you think 300 is a good target of yards to get, well alright then.

I'm glad we got the win, but I'm not going to pretend it was fun. I'll take a non-fun win over a fun loss any day.

msstate7
10-22-2023, 11:09 AM
Well, if you really liked the way the offense looked and you enjoyed watching the game, then congrats to you. If you think 300 is a good target of yards to get, well alright then.

I'm glad we got the win, but I'm not going to pretend it was fun. I'll take a non-fun win over a fun loss any day.

I think he explained himself well... he liked the first half before za over ruled barbay.

Tater
10-22-2023, 11:11 AM

That last point there you almost scared me.

There's some people here who would rather lose 67-63 than win 7-3. I just want to win, so what if we won ugly?

But I have no notes for 34. We agree on all points except that he's refusing to predict aggy / om yet. Both those games will be winnable when we get to them if we don't crater and learn the wrong lessons from yesterday.

Quaoarsking
10-22-2023, 11:15 AM
I think he explained himself well... he liked the first half before za over ruled barbay.

He also claimed that 148 yards in the first half is good because it's almost on pace for 300. Do you agree with that? Is 300 a good YPG?

Coach34
10-22-2023, 11:17 AM
He also claimed that 148 yards in the first half is good because it's almost on pace of 300. Do you agree with that?

Can you at least quote me correctly?

"Had 148 yards at half which about halfway to 300- so we were on a decent pace."

Tater
10-22-2023, 11:18 AM

Mostly agreed on first half; My notes for first half:

1 bad pass read / great jump by the safety.

Too many damn jet sweeps but I guess we needed to know if it would work, we did stop going to it later on after I yelled about it so credit to staff for adjusting there, that seemed like a big part of the planned offense that we abandoned because Arky was disciplined.

The freaking towel.

4th & 1 at their 49 down 3-0 with a team that was carving them up running? Run it again. Idc they stopped one Marks run. That's 100% go for it territory as a 3-3 team with nothing to lose.

Gotta coach how to do OPI better to not get called. Killed that drive.

Quaoarsking
10-22-2023, 11:23 AM
Can you at least quote me correctly?

"Had 148 yards at half which about halfway to 300- so we were on a decent pace."

Oh well that changes everything. (sarcasm.)

There is no way in Hell you would have ever claimed that 300 is good or decent or anything else before yesterday. If Leach had ever put up only 205 and I tried to spin it as "well it was 148 at the half, and that's almost on pace for 300 and that's decent!" you would have roasted me and I would have deserved it. You and I and everyone else here know that 300 is a pathetic total for an offense in 2023.

You earned the right to gloat a little yesterday, but trying to gloat over offensive yardage is laying it on too thick.

HancockCountyDog
10-22-2023, 11:26 AM
He also claimed that 148 yards in the first half is good because it's almost on pace for 300. Do you agree with that? Is 300 a good YPG?

Yeah, that?s called moving the goal posts.

The offense was shit yesterday. Not sure why it?s divisive to say that. We scored 7 points we had 8 punts.

As a MSU fan I?m pumped we won for this season, we still have a lot in front of us. Big picture this game was two coaching staffs that tried to outdo each other in coaching malpractice. Pittman won the worst coaching move in the game by getting a delay of game penalty that cost them a chance for 3 points.

He should have been fired right then.

Arnett would have won that contest if Zavion is set.

We absolutely can beat AU. We have too many experienced seniors to not win games like this.

Tater
10-22-2023, 11:27 AM

I think for the style of ground and pound winning games in the teens that 100 PYPG and 200 RYPG is a good target. We're at a talent deficit. Therefore shortening games, limiting opponent's plays, and controlling the pace give us chance of winning boost. If there's 50 O plays by each team vs. 100 O plays, then there is higher variance. It's easier to beat someone more talented across less plays, mathematically due to variance.

If we have the stat lines:
QB 10-15 100 yd 1 TD
QB 10 rush 75 yd
HB1 20 rush 100 yd 1 TD
HB2 / WRs 5 rush 25 yd
TOP 40:00+ minutes. No turnovers. No dumb penalties

And we get a defensive performance like yesterday, we beat Auburn with 17-20 scored, we beat Kentucky with 17-20 scored, depending on where A&M is mentally, we can beat them with 17-20 scored.

That's the ideal scenario for this style of offense/defense working on a talent deficiency.

Quaoarsking
10-22-2023, 11:32 AM
I think for the style of ground and pound winning games in the teens that 100 PYPG and 200 RYPG is a good target.

There are only about 8 programs all of FBS who are at or below 300 YPG, and all of them are awful (except Iowa, I guess?). 400 is a reasonable conservative target, which would put us in the middle of the SEC.

I think it's safe to say that 205 or even 300 yards won't win us another game other than maybe Southern Miss. (We'll probably put 500 up on them though.)

THE Bruce Dickinson
10-22-2023, 11:46 AM
Gene34 here to put out the fire with all the water he is toting.

There is no debating this comment. This was the worst offensive performance by a winning SEC team in 15 years.

7-5? LOL. Clown World. #Honk

RockyDog
10-22-2023, 11:56 AM

We can all argue fun vs boring all day long. And the cult will have you believe yay passes are amazing!!! But the fact is, the Err Raid was dead last in the country in explosive plays last year.

Whether that was because our athletes were not good or the big bad SEC defenses had Leach figured out, who knows. But you can’t go an entire season of dinking and dunking in this league.

MSU has GOT to find an offense that works with out type of players. Stop concentrating on just pass or just run. We need to make PLAYS. Mississippi has figured it out for over a decade now. They move the ball up and down the field and their WR corps is no better than ours. Yet Dart finds open guys and they get big yardage. Those saying it can’t be done at MSU without some kind of gimmick just have their heads in the sand.

We need to find a coaching staff that has some nads and is willing to fight for our program. Mr Conservative Arnett is not it

msstate7
10-22-2023, 11:58 AM

148 yards on 26 plays is 5.7 per play. 5.7 in conference only games would be 7th. So while not great, that's hardly bad

Todd4State
10-22-2023, 12:00 PM

There is no way in Hell you would have ever claimed that 300 is good or decent or anything else before yesterday. If Leach had ever put up only 205 and I tried to spin it as "well it was 148 at the half, and that's almost on pace for 300 and that's decent!" you would have roasted me and I would have deserved it. You and I and everyone else here know that 300 is a pathetic total for an offense in 2023.

You earned the right to gloat a little yesterday, but trying to gloat over offensive yardage is laying it on too thick.

I need a ruling here. Is Leach's defensive recruiting still bad now that we allowed three points?

Or maybe it was just coaching like most of us said it was?

Todd4State
10-22-2023, 12:04 PM
We can all argue fun vs boring all day long. And the cult will have you believe yay passes are amazing!!! But the fact is, the Err Raid was dead last in the country in explosive plays last year.

Whether that was because our athletes were not good or the big bad SEC defenses had Leach figured out, who knows. But you can’t go an entire season of dinking and dunking in this league.

MSU has GOT to find an offense that works with out type of players. Stop concentrating on just pass or just run. We need to make PLAYS. Mississippi has figured it out for over a decade now. They move the ball up and down the field and their WR corps is no better than ours. Yet Dart finds open guys and they get big yardage. Those saying it can’t be done at MSU without some kind of gimmick just have their heads in the sand.

We need to find a coaching staff that has some nads and is willing to fight for our program. Mr Conservative Arnett is not it

And we're dead last in PPG in SEC games right now. When given the choice- I'd rather be dead last in explosive plays than points.

Especially given that the Air Raid issues were more personnel related whereas our offense this year is coach related.

Biguglyjoe
10-22-2023, 12:05 PM
I need a ruling here. Is Leach's defensive recruiting still bad now that we allowed three points?

Their coaching is so other-worldly it makes up up for Leach's poor recruiting. Keep up Todd.**

Coach34
10-22-2023, 12:10 PM

It was actually that UPig didnt have a difference maker at WR and we were all over their run game yesterday. We were fresh on D coming out of the Bi and it showed. Healthier than we have been as well. All that makes a huge difference

preachermatt83
10-22-2023, 12:11 PM
That last point there you almost scared me.

There's some people here who would rather lose 67-63 than win 7-3. I just want to win, so what if we won ugly?

But I have no notes for 34. We agree on all points except that he's refusing to predict aggy / om yet. Both those games will be winnable when we get to them if we don't crater and learn the wrong lessons from yesterday.

We aren’t beating aTm nor OM.

DesotoDog1967
10-22-2023, 12:13 PM
11. State's WR didn't get set which caused a penalty on a scoop and score which would won the game for the Hogs

Activated Alpha
10-22-2023, 12:15 PM
If yesterday's game is suppose to inspire the fanbase, I think it did the opposite. Yes I am glad we won, but ugly wins are usually ugly losses down the road and not something sustainable. I still believe ZA is in over his head as a HC and there were too many coaching mistakes made yesterday. However, he still beat Pittman which means dude is going to be fired here soon

Coach34
10-22-2023, 12:15 PM
148 yards on 26 plays is 5.7 per play. 5.7 in conference only games would be 7th. So while not great, that's hardly bad

I know right?

Coach34
10-22-2023, 12:16 PM
11. State's WR didn't get set which caused a penalty on a scoop and score which would won the game for the Hogs

12. officials called a TD back on us- which would have iced the game away

BlackSailsDawg
10-22-2023, 12:17 PM

I'm going with we are living in Bizzaro's world.

BlackSailsDawg
10-22-2023, 12:19 PM
It was actually that UPig didnt have a difference maker at WR and we were all over their run game yesterday. We were fresh on D coming out of the Bi and it showed. Healthier than we have been as well. All that makes a huge difference

Nope. They had open guys all night. That was clear as day from where we were. KJ threw it in the dirt on a wide open WR in the endzone.

BlackSailsDawg
10-22-2023, 12:20 PM
12. officials called a TD back on us- which would have iced the game away

Then our coaches should teach our WRs to not blindside block. It was totally unnecessary too.

Quaoarsking
10-22-2023, 02:05 PM

We've gone from 44th to 82nd in offensive FPI. Anyone can cherry-pick a few stats here and there to make things look better or worse than they are, which is why I prefer broad analytics-based stats like FPI.

msstate7
10-22-2023, 02:10 PM
We've gone from 44th to 82nd in offensive FPI. Anyone can cherry-pick a few stats here and there to make things look better or worse than they are, which is why I prefer broad analytics-based stats like FPI.

Pretty weird reply when the discussion was based on a very small, but exact sample - 1st half of ark game

Really Clark?
10-22-2023, 02:11 PM

At this point, just get to 6-6. Even if our FPI is horrid. This is nut cutting time.

Quaoarsking
10-22-2023, 02:15 PM
Pretty weird reply when the discussion was based on a very small, but exact sample - 1st half of ark game

Our offense is bad by every metric, whether we're talking about advanced analytics or just traditional "counting stats." I prefer the analytics, but if someone is going to try to spin <300 yards as a good or decent outcome, I'm going to point out how ridiculous that is.

msstate7
10-22-2023, 02:20 PM
Our offense is bad by every metric, whether we're talking about advanced analytics or just traditional "counting stats." I prefer the analytics, but if someone is going to try to spin <300 yards as a good or decent outcome, I'm going to point out how ridiculous that is.

It is bad. We've had these clunkers (<300 total yards) way too often the last 4 years (this one included). 2020-2022 - 10 times, 2023 - 3 times

Gutter Cobreh
Nope. They had open guys all night. That was clear as day from where we were. KJ threw it in the dirt on a wide open WR in the endzone.

Great post! Not enough has been said about this when analyzing the game. KJ couldn't hit the broad side of the barn!!! You can say it was pressure, but there were plenty of times he sat in the pocket and still missed his target by a mile!

Defense played well, but he bailed them out quite often.

Santiago
I know right?

The Barbay Bone offense at its finest.
Lowest points scored in an SEC win, since Auburn beat Croom 3-2.

Santiago
10-22-2023, 02:21 PM
Great post! Not enough has been said about this when analyzing the game. KJ couldn't hit the broad side of the barn!!! You can say it was pressure, but there were plenty of times he sat in the pocket and still missed his target by a mile!

Defense played well, but he bailed them out quite often.

Also, They were without Rocket Sanders

msstate7
10-22-2023, 02:23 PM

Weren't we without a pretty important player yesterday too?

ETA... sanders didn't play vs lsu (scored 31) or bama (scored 21)

Really Clark?
10-22-2023, 02:24 PM

They were without him against BYU. And LSU. And Bama. And part of the UM game. They scored in those games.

Santiago
10-22-2023, 02:29 PM

correct... those of you have already pointed out we were without Rogers, but then failed to mention they did not have Rocket.
Rocket would have been a far more worse situation for our secondary, and KJ's comfort blanket.

Santiago
10-22-2023, 02:30 PM
They were without him against BYU. And LSU. And Bama. And part of the UM game. They scored in those games.

I am aware.... but it seems all I read was what we endured yesterday without Rogers, a Heisman candidate. It is sad when our fan base is trying to prop up this staff. It should be ok to both be happy about the win, but also point out we looked really bad also.

Really Clark?
10-22-2023, 02:31 PM

Yes

Really Clark?
10-22-2023, 02:36 PM
I am aware.... but it seems all I read was what we endured yesterday without Rogers, a Heisman candidate. It is sad when our fan base is trying to prop up this staff. It should be ok to both be happy about the win, but also point out we looked really bad also.

Yeah no one said he was a Heisman candidate. The fact they have been without Rocket for most of the year and have scored and it's a RB vs a starting QB makes an apples to cumquat comparison. I treat our win vs them yesterday the same as last year with them not having KJ.

FISHDAWG
10-22-2023, 02:57 PM

Agreed.... I'm happy for the win even if it was akin to whipped cream on shit

Extendedcab
10-22-2023, 03:12 PM
I have never seen such consternation in my life over a win, no matter how ugly! I don't think anybody on this board is happy with the offensive performance yesterday and certainly not happy about the coaching decisions that almost costs us the game. I think the real argument is the degree of dissatisfaction and not whether or not we have issues, as it is very apparent we do!

Take a deep breath, calm down, enjoy the WIN as much as you can enjoy it and let's take it 1 week at a time and HAIL STATE!

HoopsDawg
10-22-2023, 03:13 PM
Agreed.... I'm happy for the win even if it was akin to whipped cream on shit

Yep. We won the game. The defense played better. The offense was horrible. The game management by Arnett was awful That's all there is to say. There are a lot of questions that need to be answered after this season. We'll see.

Quaoarsking
10-22-2023, 04:11 PM
I don't think anybody on this board is happy with the offensive performance yesterday

The person who started this thread is not only happy about it, he's gloating about how he knew it would be great and everyone who doubted it has been proven wrong. And can you blame him? We were almost on pace for 300 yards until we didn't get there!

BrunswickDawg
10-22-2023, 04:31 PM
So, someone explain to me why this game was so offensive, but we relish the 2010 Florida win? Mullen did the exact same thing salting away a win on the road in a tough place to play. Yeah - Florida was a ranked team - but that team played like shit that night. Is it better because we gained 40 more yards in offense that night? We didn't attempt a pass the entire second half, and only attempted 9 in the first.

In 2010 we had a full boat in offense . Yesterday we were missing QB 1, #7 had an ankle and a hammy, we have no QB 3, and our defense was shutting them down. sometimes you have to try to steal games when you know aren't going to have your A game due to injuries - and we did that. That might pay dividends by giving the defense a whole lot of confidence back with winnable games still on the schedule.

ETA - I just put on Bart and Charlie, and what take did they have - more like '10 in Gainesville than 3-2 in '08 - so I'm not alone

RockyDog
10-22-2023, 05:39 PM
So, someone explain to me why this game was so offensive, but we relish the 2010 Florida win? Mullen did the exact same thing salting away a win on the road in a tough place to play. Yeah - Florida was a ranked team - but that team played like shit that night. Is it better because we gained 40 more yards in offense that night? We didn't attempt a pass the entire second half, and only attempted 9 in the first.

In 2010 we had a full boat in offense . Yesterday we were missing QB 1, #7 had an ankle and a hammy, we have no QB 3, and our defense was shutting them down. sometimes you have to try to steal games when you know aren't going to have your A game due to injuries - and we did that. That might pay dividends by giving the defense a whole lot of confidence back with winnable games still on the schedule.

ETA - I just put on Bart and Charlie, and what take did they have - more like '10 in Gainesville than 3-2 in '08 - so I'm not alone

Yet did you notice that not one cult member has gloated about the amazing performances of WKU or Wazzu this weekend? Only when it fits their narrative.

Really Clark?
10-22-2023, 05:57 PM
Yet did you notice that not one cult member has gloated about the amazing performances of WKU or Wazzu this weekend? Only when it fits their narrative.

Well WKU and WSU offenses have been getting spanked the last month so they have lost that ability to spam the board with those names

BuckyIsAB****
10-22-2023, 06:20 PM
Idk how you think a program should look but this is not it.

And I am pulling for them all the way because I love State. But this aint it. You talking about players not being happy is a lie. We had a starting WR get suspended because he told coaches he was not going to practice and then we played him an entire 2nd half after that. We won a SEC game on the road and our kids were walking around like the walking dead. The kids cannot stand about 3-4 coaches on this staff and for some vaild reasons. Great sign. It looks pretty similar to a few Mullen kids carrying Moorhead and staff in 2018.

I get that you like some of these boys we hired to coach, and I can get and appreciate MS HSFB guys being represented, I love it too. But this aint it. We are 4-3 because we are so poorly coached our QB and center didnt make sure we were set before we snapped it. But we are 4-3 and I hope we are 5-3 next weekend. But we have major issues

BuckyIsAB****
10-22-2023, 06:26 PM

Huge difference between 2010 and now. It?s not even close.

Tater
10-22-2023, 06:32 PM

https://twitter.com/skrajisnik3/status/1716106562899427461?s=46&t=nHgXtO20UVt90i6gEAFT8Q

Who would win, a blind idiot with an agenda or measurable data that disproves them.

Mjoelner34
10-22-2023, 06:34 PM

Ranked team on the road who finished 13-1 the previous year when we were coming off of a 5 win season vs a 2 win team with a 5 game losing streak while we're coming off of a 9 win season with most of the starters back.

RocketDawg
10-22-2023, 06:34 PM
I have never seen such consternation in my life over a win, no matter how ugly! I don't think anybody on this board is happy with the offensive performance yesterday and certainly not happy about the coaching decisions that almost costs us the game. I think the real argument is the degree of dissatisfaction and not whether or not we have issues, as it is very apparent we do!

Take a deep breath, calm down, enjoy the WIN as much as you can enjoy it and let's take it 1 week at a time and HAIL STATE!

You would have seen it if we'd won the 3-2 Auburn game a few years ago instead of losing it.

Really Clark?
10-22-2023, 06:50 PM
https://twitter.com/skrajisnik3/status/1716106562899427461?s=46&t=nHgXtO20UVt90i6gEAFT8Q

Who would win, a blind idiot with an agenda or measurable data that disproves them.

Shhh, you are messing up a false talking point they have for today.

Coach34
10-22-2023, 07:05 PM

USC got beat by a RTGDF team in Utah also

Coach34
10-22-2023, 07:10 PM
The person who started this thread is not only happy about it, he's gloating about how he knew it would be great and everyone who doubted it has been proven wrong. And can you blame him? We were almost on pace for 300 yards until we didn't get there!

aGAIN- liked the direction the offense was going. Absolutely hated the way the HC took the air out of the ball and offense. He played it wayyyy too conservative. You cant do that

Commercecomet24
10-22-2023, 07:17 PM

Hey man don?t you know real true facts are not allowed, lol!

msstate7
10-22-2023, 07:23 PM

This is one of the times the "analytical" guys say you can't trust that

lastmajordog
10-22-2023, 07:29 PM
Excellent post C34.

Coach34
10-22-2023, 07:34 PM

But...but...but...BlackSails say they were open all day?????

Commercecomet24
10-22-2023, 07:37 PM
This is one of the times the "analytical" guys say you can't trust that

It is amazing isn?t it? They?ll be on here to say that is just wrong and they?re using the ?wrong? metrics lol.

basedog
10-22-2023, 07:47 PM
The pass rush was good, it helps big tome for the secondary.

Commercecomet24
10-22-2023, 07:49 PM
The pass rush was good, it helps big tome for the secondary.

100%! Even the best secondaries need at least an average pass rush. No one can cover all day. The staff did a great job scouting arky and designing packages to disrupt Jefferson

basedog
10-22-2023, 07:51 PM
100%! Even the best secondaries need at least an average pass rush. No one can cover all day. The staff did a great job scouting arky and designing packages to disrupt Jefferson

I hope we crowd the box against Auburn. We need to start fast Saturday. Take the crowd out.

Commercecomet24
10-22-2023, 07:53 PM
I hope we crowd the box against Auburn. We need to start fast Saturday. Take the crowd out.

Yes, absolutely.

Maverick91
10-22-2023, 11:23 PM
Best thing there were no bated balls at the line of scrimmage that I can remember. Will is due whst like three a game?

Tater
10-22-2023, 11:31 PM
Best thing there were no bated balls at the line of scrimmage that I can remember. Will is due whst like three a game?

How many passes did Mike throw from the pocket? I don't think we teach arm slot and angles well enough. But Mike is mobile and better on the run so he didn't bother with pocket throwing.