PDA

View Full Version : Sunday Morning Thoughts-Divided Fan Base Edition

StarkVegasSteve
10-22-2023, 08:34 AM
Yesterday was the definition of UGLY UGLY win, but it was a win and we cannot lose sight of that in the grands scheme.

1. A win is a win. Yes I was pissed and disgusted that we could not move the ball. Yes I was pissed and disgusted at our 4th down decision making. Yes I was pissed and disgusted that we went into the Stansbury Stall with 13 minutes to go in the 3rd quarter. And yes I was pissed and disgusted that our kicker cannot make a 29 yd FG to put the game on ice. Saying all that, WE WON. And at the end of the day you are 4-3 instead of 3-4.

2. Defense played lights out. Yes the Arkansas line is hot garbage, but two weeks ago we could not get pressure on Western Michigan. Whether it was Arnett taking over the playcalling or Brock finally figuring something out we frustrated and flustered Jefferson all day and clogged things up enough where he did not feel comfortable enough to run.

3. Mike Wright can work if you let him be Mike Wright. I thought early on we were calling plays that were beneficial to him and helped him get into a rhythm. We were running zone reads, boots, and play action with short throws. I think we need to continue to open the playbook up a bit more for him and maybe incorporate a little RPO action.

4. Saying all that, Will still gives this team the best chance to win. This offense still operates best when we are able to push the ball down the field. If Will is going to be out more games, which looks like a certainty, we have to find a way to get the ball into the hands of Tulu, Robinson, Mosley, Roberson, Whittemore, etc 10-12 yds down the field and let them go to work. Whether that be RPO, boot out with crossing routes, air raid mesh concepts, etc we have to get our receivers in space a bit more.

5. Point 4 and 5 go hand in hand because we have to get some pressure off our backs. We are going to get Marks killed. He will be running head first into 7 and 8 man boxes next week. Wright is the same way. Our run game needs to be complementary of the pass game. We have to at least make the respect the throw. This is no different than the drop 8 with the AR.

6. Our O line play yesterday in regards to pre snap penalties was inexcusable. We have a veteran group who has played in almost every stadium in the SEC. Pre snap penalties, especially from our GD center are unacceptable.

7. Leave the TEs off the field until we can get a real TE. Harmon is a WR, Elliss is either an OL or DL, and Goede may quite possibly be the worst player we have put on scholarship in the last 20 years. He is up there with King Ani. Like how our staff looked at that kid and thought he deserved a scholarship blows my mind.

8. I have never seen our fan base this divided. It is not just on this board or just on GP and SPS. It is everywhere. I understand some people did not like the AR and that is ok. Some do not like whatever the hell this offense is either. I personally do not like either in the form we ran them in. Both are incredibly boring. We traded dink and dunk passes for dink and dunk runs. Neither is conducive to long term success. Whether you like the scheme or you hate the scheme, none of us are making a decision on the scheme. If it does not work then changes will be made, it is that simple. Whether that means changing the OC or changing the HC I can guarantee you Selmon will do what needs to be done. This is his wait and see period. That ends on the Friday after Thanksgiving.

9. If you do not already, please support the Bulldog Initiative. My god, we need a transfer QB and this is the way. Like it or not, this is how you get stuff done in the new age of college football. And if you do not agree, that is ok. But do not complain. We as a fan base can either be part of the problem or part of the solution. We need to choose to be the latter.

10. WE WON. SMILE. BE HAPPY. AND BEAT AUBURN.

Todd4State
10-22-2023, 08:39 AM
Outstanding post!

I agree with everything.

As it stands the results are in and we are now 94th nationally in total offense and up to 64 in total defense.

We are dead last in PPG in SEC only games and we are .5 points from being last in the league in all games. Offense is Croom bad.

But if the defense can continue to play like they did Saturday we could turn this around and win 7-8 games.

msstate7
10-22-2023, 08:39 AM
I completely understand why ZA put the brakes on barbay in the 2nd half, but being that conservative will get you beat. I think he will learn from it. Even with the waaayyy to conservative 2nd half offense, we were a bad block and a missed chip shot fg from winning 17-3.

Our staff passed a big test yesterday for me. I think performance out of a bye week is a good barometer of how good a coach is. We weren't pretty by any stretch of the imagination, but our defense was night and day from the previous 6 games. Now trust your OC, ZA

Todd4State
10-22-2023, 08:42 AM
I completely understand why ZA put the brakes on barbay in the 2nd half, but being that conservative will get you beat. I think he will learn from it. Even with the waaayyy to conservative 2nd half offense, we were a bad block and a missed chip shot fg from winning 17-3.

Our staff passed a big test yesterday for me. I think performance out of a bye week is a good barometer of how good a coach is. We weren't pretty by any stretch of the imagination, but our defense was night and day from the previous 6 games. Now trust your OC, ZA

I think he is just conservative. This has happened in several games now.

KOdawg1
10-22-2023, 08:44 AM
This is multiple times ZA has meddled with the offense because he was thinking about his defense.

I get that you want to avoid putting your defense in bad spots, but good Lord, he's gotta stop thinking like a defensive coordinator and more like a head coach. We have to score points to win the game. Being scared and conservative will get you beat. Especially on the road.

This is why I prefer offensive head coaches.

lastmajordog
10-22-2023, 08:52 AM
If memory serves Emory Bellard lost two EB?s doing the we got the lead lets just run up middle stall. The Dick Pace interference and the Wind blown field goal were both a result of getting a lead and then sitting on it inc losing it......Would like to know how many DOG loses or near loses were because of this strategy.

StarkVegasSteve
10-22-2023, 08:56 AM
If memory serves Emory Bellard lost two EB?s doing the we got the lead lets just run up middle stall. The Dick Pace interference and the Wind blown field goal were both a result of getting a lead and then sitting on it inc losing it......Would like to know how many DOG loses or near loses were because of this strategy.

Any big game of the Stansbury era

the_real_MSU_is_us
10-22-2023, 09:12 AM
Defenive playcalling was certainly different- saw some stunts and S blitzes I haven't seen all year. The question is, how improved are we and how much does Arkansas just suck? We'll find out more next week.

I thought the opening offensive gameplan was good. they gave Wright simple throws and called a variety of run plays to take advantage of however Arky lined up. BUT, sometime in the 2nd Q things changes. We went more conservative in the run game and took zero chances passing. Arky stacked the box and we didn't even attempt to adapt, just prayed we'd survive till the clock hit zero. It HAD to be Arnett. No OC enters a game with variety, has success, goes vanilla, has no success, and then stays vanilla. Not in a 1 score game where the QB isn't trowing pics. It was Arnett being a typical defensive minded idiot.

So to sumarize:

Positives- Team is still "bought in", Arnett is improving the D, Barbay might not be as dumb as he seems (assuming he put together then 1st Q strategy).

Neutral- Arky seemed like a team that had given up. Not sure how much you can really extrapolate from that game long term.

Negatives- Arnett is still a dumbass who meddles in the O, and if he didn't learn that lesson after ZOna he never will. Arnett is also over his head as a HC, the 4th down calls were not difficult decisions and he bungled them all. Will Friend is a fraud, I mean it's game 7 after a bye and we can't snap a ball without a false start because of some crowed noise? Pathetic.

Long term, if Arnett can get another SEC win and fix some bad assistant hires I'm pro giving him another year. If he wins another SEC game but wants to stick with this staff next year he's not the right man for the job. If he doesn't win another SEC game he should be gone regardless of what he wants to do staff wise. But we'll bring him back next year baring a 40+ point blowout to OM even if we go 5-7

Cooterpoot
10-22-2023, 09:25 AM
Arkansas was checked out offensively. They had receivers open all day and couldn't make a play. Their OC is really bad. Their OL is bad. They look poorly coached just like us. That might be the two worst SEC teams. Certainly 2 of the worst 4.
I don't enjoy Miss State football. I almost didn't watch yesterday.

TrapGame
10-22-2023, 09:57 AM
Yesterday's game was a fight between two wheelchair-bound special ed kids in the cafeteria b/c one stole of other's pudding.

Arkansas quit on Pittman yesterday. They didn't give two ****s about that game. Pittman is a fired coach walking and he knows it.

It's nice to have a win but let's stop acting like we beat UGA 7-3.

Santiago
10-22-2023, 09:58 AM
Arkansas was checked out offensively. They had receivers open all day and couldn't make a play. Their OC is really bad. Their OL is bad. They look poorly coached just like us. That might be the two worst SEC teams. Certainly 2 of the worst 4.

And they were without Rocket Sanders. That was always KJ's go to guy when they needed yards in past games.

Really Clark?
10-22-2023, 10:08 AM
And they were without Rocket Sanders. That was always KJ's go to guy when they needed yards in past games.

He didn't play against BYU, LSU or Bama but they scored in those games.

Coursesuper
10-22-2023, 10:10 AM

I know that guy! The one that would rather play golf than watch this program.

Coach34
10-22-2023, 10:14 AM
He didn't play against BYU, LSU or Bama but they scored in those games.

exactly. We beat KJ's ass yesterday like nobody else has. All the credit in the world to our D

BlackSailsDawg
10-22-2023, 10:23 AM

Yes, Ark had open WRs all game. Easy to see that. In fact, had KJ not thrown it in the dirt to a wide open WR in the endzone we would have lost this game.

Really Clark?
10-22-2023, 10:29 AM
Yes, Ark had open WRs all game. Easy to see that. In fact, had KJ not thrown it in the dirt to a wide open WR in the endzone we would have lost this game.

He was visibly frustrated and uncomfortable yesterday. Our surprising pressure had a lot to do with that to though.

BlackSailsDawg
10-22-2023, 10:40 AM
He was visibly frustrated and uncomfortable yesterday. Our surprising pressure had a lot to do with that to though.

It was great to see some of the blitzes we have not seen this season. I talked about that a few weeks ago. Was great to see us use our speed to get to the QB.

KJ is over it. He's not just frustrated he and the OC ain't getting along.

Cooterpoot
10-22-2023, 11:30 AM

He's been pretty bad all season. The offense is bad and the OL is worse. No running doesn't help.
Best defensive effort of the year for us but that team has quit. There's a reason they've lost 6 in a row.

BlackSailsDawg
10-22-2023, 12:01 PM
He's been pretty bad all season. The offense is bad and the OL is worse. No running doesn't help.
Best defensive effort of the year for us but that team has quit. There's a reason they've lost 6 in a row.

This can not be stressed enough. We beat a team that is demoralized and poorly coach and we did it because we could not get set! Nothing about this game was good. KJ not hitting the WRs that were open isn't exactly our defense being great or even good. It means that the QB of the other team sucked it up.

CaptainObvious
10-22-2023, 12:16 PM

Or, and this is the more likely scenario for this team, had our WR gotten set before the snap that surprised the heck out of our QB, State loses the game 10-7 because of huge inefficiencies in the offense.

Coach34
10-22-2023, 12:21 PM
Or, and this is the more likely scenario for this team, had our WR gotten set before the snap that surprised the heck out of our QB, State loses the game 10-7 because of huge inefficiencies in the offense.

had the WR been set- the QB would have been looking at the Center- not the WR

WSOPdawg
10-22-2023, 12:44 PM
I think he is just conservative. This has happened in several games now.

Conservative, like "Iowa of the Big 10" conservative. That'll be real fun to watch going forward.

msstate7
10-22-2023, 01:03 PM

And in rainbow land, the blindside block isn't called, and we win anyway.

And watch the replay of that play... the ref is waving his arms blowing the whistle from the beginning. Players stop playing when that happens, so it's dumb to think the play goes the same way without the ref killing the play

Commercecomet24
10-22-2023, 01:10 PM

And watch the replay of that play... the ref is waving his arms blowing the whistle from the beginning. Players stop playing when that happens, so it's dumb to think the play goes the same way without the ref killing the play

Yep. I hate hypotheticals because they are, as you said, useless. What?s the old saying,?If my aunt had balls she?d be my uncle?. Same premise. Everyone wanted to get the win yesterday and we got it but some aren?t enjoying it. Do we still have a buttload of work to do to get better? Absolutely! We are not close to where we need to be as a team but maybe just maybe this win will get us headed in the right direction. Gotta let the season play out. And one things for
Certain it?s better to win 7-3 than lose 7-3 just ask the pigs.

BlackSailsDawg
10-22-2023, 01:12 PM

Nothing you say will make this any better. It was the very definition of a blindside block. That goes back to coaching. They told the universities that they would be enforcing it more this year. The staff failed to train them to that.

Nobody around that play stopped due to a whistle. You are grasping at straws.

Really Clark?
10-22-2023, 01:12 PM

That's not an accurate scenario. The QB was surprised at the snap because he was watching for the WR to get set. The WR not being set is the reason he wasn't watching the snap.

Really Clark?
10-22-2023, 01:13 PM
Yep. I hate hypotheticals because they are, as you said, useless. What?s the old saying,?If my aunt had balls she?d be my uncle?. Same premise. Everyone wanted to get the win yesterday and we got it but some aren?t enjoying it. Do we still have a buttload of work to do to get better? Absolutely! We are not close to where we need to be as a team but maybe just maybe this win will get us headed in the right direction. Gotta let the season play out. And one things for
Certain it?s better to win 7-3 than lose 7-3 just ask the pigs.

^^^This all day^^^

msstate7
10-22-2023, 01:19 PM
Nothing you say will make this any better. It was the very definition of a blindside block. That goes back to coaching. They told the universities that they would be enforcing it more this year. The staff failed to train them to that.

Was the false start called correctly?

Coach34
10-22-2023, 01:21 PM
Was the false start called correctly?

lol- I cant wait to hear the response

BrunswickDawg
10-22-2023, 01:22 PM
This can not be stressed enough. We beat a team that is demoralized and poorly coach and we did it because we could not get set! Nothing about this game was good. KJ not hitting the WRs that were open isn't exactly our defense being great or even good. It means that the QB of the other team sucked it up.

The same team and QB that so many on here predicted for two weeks we're going eat our lunch?? So Arky was hungry and better coached for the past two weeks when everyone thought we would lose, but demoralized and poorly coached when we win???

https://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread.php?98550-Week-8-Prediction-Thread-Just-Do-Not-Put-It-In-The-Mashed-Potatoes-Edition

msstate7
10-22-2023, 01:28 PM
The same team and QB that so many on here predicted for two weeks we're going eat our lunch?? So Arky was hungry and better coached for the past two weeks when everyone thought we would lose, but demoralized and poorly coached when we win???

https://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread.php?98550-Week-8-Prediction-Thread-Just-Do-Not-Put-It-In-The-Mashed-Potatoes-Edition

And this one - bama/ark game thread...

https://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread.php?98486-Arkansas-vs-Alabama

Commercecomet24
10-22-2023, 03:51 PM

You go, Bruns! My man!

Commercecomet24
10-22-2023, 03:53 PM

Dude he?s talking about the false start on the fumble when they blew it dead not the blind side block.

MetEdDawg
10-22-2023, 04:01 PM
It's hard to pivot mid year as a first time head coach.

Get to 6-6 or 7-5 and find a way for ZA to pivot in the off-season. He didn't look prepared for the struggle, which I'm sure we can all at least be somewhat understanding of a first time coach in his situation.

The decision making and situational awareness has to get better. But we make a bowl, find a way to fill some holes, give it year 2 under this offense and we might have a better understanding of how ZA truly is as a HC. But right now he's taking some lumps for sure and is bringing some of it on himself for sure.

gtowndawg
10-22-2023, 05:41 PM
Fair and balanced write up. I always look forward to your post on Sunday morning. Nice job.

99jc
10-22-2023, 06:06 PM
[QUOTE=Commercecomet]What?s the old saying,?If my aunt had balls she?d be my uncle?.

lol in today's world this is entirely possible!

RocketDawg
10-22-2023, 06:13 PM
I thought Wright did really well yesterday. Up until now, he'd only come in for a couple of meaningless plays (I think) in garbage time, so there was no way to tell what he was made of. Yesterday, he was a good runner and a decent passer, except for the first play of the game. I think he'll do better as the year progresses if he keeps the starting position.

It was mostly an ugly game offensively, but still better than we've seen this year for the most part.

I enjoy the games now, but I don't get overly excited since we dropped season tickets 4 or 5 years ago (too old to make the long round trip; it was beginning to be a chore), so I probably take a calmer position now than I did a few years ago. NIL causing players to be professionals played a part as well.

RocketDawg
10-22-2023, 06:17 PM

That's correct - he was. So it was a dead play from the get-go. I only noticed the ref stopping the play on the replay, not in real time. Regardless, we were fortunate.

RockyDog
10-22-2023, 06:30 PM
Yesterday's game was a fight between two wheelchair-bound special ed kids in the cafeteria b/c one stole of other's pudding.

Arkansas quit on Pittman yesterday. They didn't give two ****s about that game. Pittman is a fired coach walking and he knows it.

It's nice to have a win but let's stop acting like we beat UGA 7-3.

Half the message board heroes were predicting 0-8 this week. Now we get a win and it?s not good enough. God damn MSU fans are a shitty bunch.

gtowndawg
10-22-2023, 06:35 PM
Of interest, the last time we won an SEC game scoring 7 or less? 1980 (State 6, Alabama 3).

RocketDawg
10-22-2023, 06:41 PM
Of interest, the last time we won an SEC game scoring 7 or less? 1980 (State 6, Alabama 3).

Interesting. I didn't see that game, but I gather it was far from boring or poorly played.

Really Clark?
10-22-2023, 06:47 PM
Interesting. I didn't see that game, but I gather it was far from boring or poorly played.

Lol, no it wasn't boring or poorly played at all. Anything but that.

Commercecomet24
10-22-2023, 06:48 PM
[QUOTE=Commercecomet]What?s the old saying,?If my aunt had balls she?d be my uncle?.

Well that is true lol!

lastmajordog
10-22-2023, 07:39 PM

What about the night auburn game under Jackie?? We ran a punt back for a td in the south end zone at end of first half and that was the difference if memory serves.

Really Clark?
10-22-2023, 07:52 PM
What about the night auburn game under Jackie?? We ran a punt back for a td in the south end zone at end of first half and that was the difference if memory serves.

14-7 was that score if that's the same game I'm thinking of

lastmajordog
10-22-2023, 07:56 PM
Maybe you are correct, for some reason I thought it was 7-3 or 7-6. At the time I was on the sidelines I thought that was the most physical game I had ever seen/heard. It was a brutal hard fought win over the Barn.

Commercecomet24
10-22-2023, 07:59 PM

Yep I was at that game. We had Todd ?air? Jordan at qb and I was listening to the Braves vs pirates playoff game on a portable radios(the old days, lol) Tony James had the punt return for td.

Commercecomet24
10-22-2023, 08:01 PM
Lol, no it wasn't boring or poorly played at all. Anything but that.

That game was 2 stud hosses hammering each other all day long! Super physical game and what a win for us!

Really Clark?
10-22-2023, 08:03 PM
Yep I was at that game. We had Todd ?air? Jordan at qb and I was listening to the Braves vs pirates playoff game on a portable radios(the old days, lol) Tony James had the punt return for td.

Heck of a playoff series too!!

Really Clark?
10-22-2023, 08:05 PM
That game was 2 stud hosses hammering each other all day long! Super physical game and what a win for us!

All...Freaking...Day...Long!!

Commercecomet24
10-22-2023, 08:05 PM
Heck of a playoff series too!!

Man, yes it was!

lastmajordog
10-22-2023, 08:12 PM
My question is if Arky scores two or more td’s against anyone else does that mean our Defense did a great job?? I would say it does because they scored against Bama and om, so logic says apparently the defense did something others didn’t .

Coach34
10-22-2023, 08:14 PM
My question is if Arky scores two or more td’s against anyone else does that mean our Defense did a great job?? I would say it does because they scored against Bama and om, so logic says apparently the defense did something others didn’t .

Well shit man- if you admit all that it means the coaching staff did a good job. They cant do that. They all in

lastmajordog
10-22-2023, 08:23 PM
Well shit man- if you admit all that it means the coaching staff did a good job. They cant do that. They all in

I’m no coach like you 34, but I thought the team played great especially the defense. I despise conservative play calling too early but I thought this was an entirely different team.......and I liked it.

Coach34
10-22-2023, 08:26 PM
I’m no coach like you 34, but I thought the team played great especially the defense. I despise conservative play calling too early but I thought this was an entirely different team.......and I liked it.

Hell yeah. Nobody liked the way we clammed up on offense but if you didnt like the effort on D- you are just trolling or simply like the AR more than you like State at this point

lastmajordog
10-22-2023, 08:35 PM
Hell yeah. Nobody liked the way we clammed up on offense but if you didnt like the effort on D- you are just trolling or simply like the AR more than you like State at this point

You obviously have me confused with someone else. I love a defensive game. I also saw offensive possibilities. I’m no troll and probably have more blood and bones on the way to MSU than anyone else on this board.

Coach34
10-22-2023, 08:36 PM
You obviously have me confused with someone else. I love a defensive game. I also saw offensive possibilities. I’m no troll and probably have more blood and bones on the way to MSU than anyone else on this board.

No Sir- was just replying in general

Commercecomet24
10-22-2023, 08:39 PM

I saw the same things. Totally different team on defense, some flashes on offenses and terribly conservative play calling way too early. Can?t do that. Gotta go for the jugular. But the team was prepared. We literally lived in arkys backfield.

Coach34
10-22-2023, 08:43 PM
But the team was prepared. We literally lived in arkys backfield.

and everybody saw this. That is why the AR Cult/Arnett haters are so mad this weekend. They look stupid now

Commercecomet24
10-22-2023, 08:56 PM
and everybody saw this. That is why the AR Cult/Arnett haters are so mad this weekend. They look stupid now

Yeah you know our offense needs to do better and Arnett needs to let Barbay handle the play calling BUT Arnett and staff had them ready to play and they played HARD especially on defense. It would?ve been so easy to say here we go again and just fold it up after the int on the second play of the game, but the kids fought through it, got a stop and then put a cork in arky. Arnett some questionable at best decisions but he has to be given credit for having them ready to play in a tough environment and getting the win. It?s never easy winning a sec game especially on the road but we found a way even as ugly as it was. The we going 0-8 in sec folks are awful quiet too.

DownwardDawg
10-22-2023, 09:13 PM

Man times have changed! That statement isn't funny anymore. It's sad. Lol

DownwardDawg
10-22-2023, 09:16 PM

Dude.......

DownwardDawg
10-22-2023, 09:17 PM
I was there!!!

DownwardDawg
10-22-2023, 09:18 PM
Yesterday was the definition of UGLY UGLY win, but it was a win and we cannot lose sight of that in the grands scheme.

1. A win is a win. Yes I was pissed and disgusted that we could not move the ball. Yes I was pissed and disgusted at our 4th down decision making. Yes I was pissed and disgusted that we went into the Stansbury Stall with 13 minutes to go in the 3rd quarter. And yes I was pissed and disgusted that our kicker cannot make a 29 yd FG to put the game on ice. Saying all that, WE WON. And at the end of the day you are 4-3 instead of 3-4.

2. Defense played lights out. Yes the Arkansas line is hot garbage, but two weeks ago we could not get pressure on Western Michigan. Whether it was Arnett taking over the playcalling or Brock finally figuring something out we frustrated and flustered Jefferson all day and clogged things up enough where he did not feel comfortable enough to run.

3. Mike Wright can work if you let him be Mike Wright. I thought early on we were calling plays that were beneficial to him and helped him get into a rhythm. We were running zone reads, boots, and play action with short throws. I think we need to continue to open the playbook up a bit more for him and maybe incorporate a little RPO action.

4. Saying all that, Will still gives this team the best chance to win. This offense still operates best when we are able to push the ball down the field. If Will is going to be out more games, which looks like a certainty, we have to find a way to get the ball into the hands of Tulu, Robinson, Mosley, Roberson, Whittemore, etc 10-12 yds down the field and let them go to work. Whether that be RPO, boot out with crossing routes, air raid mesh concepts, etc we have to get our receivers in space a bit more.

5. Point 4 and 5 go hand in hand because we have to get some pressure off our backs. We are going to get Marks killed. He will be running head first into 7 and 8 man boxes next week. Wright is the same way. Our run game needs to be complementary of the pass game. We have to at least make the respect the throw. This is no different than the drop 8 with the AR.

6. Our O line play yesterday in regards to pre snap penalties was inexcusable. We have a veteran group who has played in almost every stadium in the SEC. Pre snap penalties, especially from our GD center are unacceptable.

7. Leave the TEs off the field until we can get a real TE. Harmon is a WR, Elliss is either an OL or DL, and Goede may quite possibly be the worst player we have put on scholarship in the last 20 years. He is up there with King Ani. Like how our staff looked at that kid and thought he deserved a scholarship blows my mind.

8. I have never seen our fan base this divided. It is not just on this board or just on GP and SPS. It is everywhere. I understand some people did not like the AR and that is ok. Some do not like whatever the hell this offense is either. I personally do not like either in the form we ran them in. Both are incredibly boring. We traded dink and dunk passes for dink and dunk runs. Neither is conducive to long term success. Whether you like the scheme or you hate the scheme, none of us are making a decision on the scheme. If it does not work then changes will be made, it is that simple. Whether that means changing the OC or changing the HC I can guarantee you Selmon will do what needs to be done. This is his wait and see period. That ends on the Friday after Thanksgiving.

9. If you do not already, please support the Bulldog Initiative. My god, we need a transfer QB and this is the way. Like it or not, this is how you get stuff done in the new age of college football. And if you do not agree, that is ok. But do not complain. We as a fan base can either be part of the problem or part of the solution. We need to choose to be the latter.

10. WE WON. SMILE. BE HAPPY. AND BEAT AUBURN.

Great post man!! Point #8 is spot on.

Commercecomet24
10-22-2023, 09:47 PM
I was there!!!

Man we have crossed paths more than we realized lol!

DownwardDawg
10-22-2023, 09:48 PM
Man we have crossed paths more than we realized lol!

We sure have!! I was thinking the same thing when I read your post! Haha!

Commercecomet24
10-22-2023, 09:54 PM
We sure have!! I was thinking the same thing when I read your post! Haha!

Small world, buddy!

CaptainObvious
10-22-2023, 10:20 PM
In certainly not a AR cultist. But, however bad it was, last year that offense with MOST of these players led State to a 9-4 record. That is the measure this staff and players have to live up to. But I?ll even give them a game. Finish 8-5 with essentially the same players on offense and missing only 3 key defenders from last year, and I?ll consider it a very successful transition. Finish 6-6 or worse and multiple coaching changes need to occur to replace 18 starters for next year through the portal. This staff ain?t filling those holes regardless of the record ends up, but 8-5, possibly 7-6 will buy them a year to try.

Todd4State
10-22-2023, 11:50 PM

Or maybe Leach recruited well?