PDA

View Full Version : Baseball wrapped up Fall ball today...

HoopsDawg
10-21-2023, 09:37 PM
with 2 wins over UAB. My only comments are that Jackson McKenzie has played his way into some DH starts. Holcolmbe is looking like a weekend starter. And Schuekle and Passeau are really going to strengthen our Pen.

Homedawg
10-21-2023, 09:39 PM
with 2 wins over UAB. My only comments are that Jackson McKenzie has played his way into some DH starts. Holcolmbe is looking like a weekend starter. And Schuekle and Passeau are really going to strengthen our Pen.

They really like this fr class too. That's two in a row of good classes.

CaptainObvious
10-21-2023, 09:44 PM
Any numbers from the games?

Todd4State
10-21-2023, 10:18 PM
I think Holcombe ends up starting on Friday. I'm going to guess that Loo and Khal Stephens are the other two. Sounds like Logan Forsythe is emerging as a potential closer. Dohm, Schuelke, and Simmons are a strong group in the bullpen.

We're better than we were last year so yeah- if Lemonis doesn't come through with this group and at least make a SR then it's time to go in a different direction.

Homedawg
10-21-2023, 10:30 PM
I think Holcombe ends up starting on Friday. I'm going to guess that Loo and Khal Stephens are the other two. Sounds like Logan Forsythe is emerging as a potential closer. Dohm, Schuelke, and Simmons are a strong group in the bullpen.

We're better than we were last year so yeah- if Lemonis doesn't come through with this group and at least make a SR then it's time to go in a different direction.

If th season started today I'd agree w you on Holcomb. Thinks he's the guy.

Coach34
10-21-2023, 11:23 PM
Congrats to Big Country. His Gump ass has some serious shit. I am soooo happy he is finding it.

Imagine a talented guy getting better just as I said they might??????

The Federalist Engineer
10-21-2023, 11:33 PM

What happened to the Miami Transfer, Karsten Ligon?

Have not heard anything there.

Todd4State
10-21-2023, 11:37 PM
What happened to the Miami Transfer, Karsten Ligon?

Have not heard anything there.

If I remember correctly he is still recovering from some injuries from last year. Not sure of all the details but my guess we may use him some in midweek games.

AlSwearengen
10-22-2023, 01:30 PM
It is pretty safe to say that we will be behind the usual SEC suspects in talent but if we can grow a pair and be mentally tough we should definitely make post season with a decent seeding. Do that and then anything can happen.

As a side note, i saw that we got a commit from a top rated ?25 pitcher from Missouri the other day. It is nice that we still are able to get that type of player.

CaptainObvious
10-22-2023, 07:13 PM
So no one has any stats that show how our hitters did against UAB pitching? Interested to see how the new guys fared in live action.

The Federalist Engineer
10-22-2023, 07:24 PM
So no one has any stats that show how our hitters did against UAB pitching? Interested to see how the new guys fared in live action.

They went North Korea this year with information.

I would love to know who they used as Umps. If the boys threw strikes as defined by the standards of SEC Angel Hernandez baffoonery, then that would be cool to know.