PDA

View Full Version : Going forward

basedog
10-21-2023, 08:32 PM
Who would u rather see at QB, Wright or Rogers?

chef dixon
10-21-2023, 08:35 PM
I think if the offense is called correctly based on our personnel, Wright

paverdog
10-21-2023, 09:01 PM
Wright by far. 3 reasons. 1- Will is too easy for teams to prepare for. 2- Wright can move and run for first downs, that keeps drives going and 3- The team looks like they have more juice in them when Wright in in there.

LC Dawg
10-21-2023, 09:03 PM
Rogers.

HoopsDawg
10-21-2023, 09:23 PM
For me, it's clearly Wright. He had 11 carries for 74 yards if you ignore the sacks. Would have been 12 for 136 if not for the blind side block which wasn't necessary. He was also 8-12 passing. Our playcalling in the 2nd half was complete dog shit. We ran on first down every single time in the 2nd half. Every time. Usually for 3 yards or less. Arnett must have interfered again.

civildawg
10-21-2023, 09:33 PM
Wright but Barbay sucks

parabrave
10-21-2023, 09:38 PM
Wright but Barbay sucks

Yep. When Wright was given the option of keeping the ball he did great. We need more of that playcalling instead of the straight handoff to the RBs.

HoopsDawg
10-21-2023, 09:39 PM
Wright but Barbay sucks

Let me add that if we do go with Wright, I think we need to get our 5 best road graders out there on the Oline. I think our Oline coaches have done a poor job this year.

EdwardDrayton
10-21-2023, 09:42 PM
Still too early to say. The OC play-calling and decision-making was so conservative, it's difficult to make the call at this stage. What is clear is we have to open up the playbook and take some more risks to score enough to win.

StarkVegasSteve
10-21-2023, 09:43 PM
If we turn Stansbury Stall’s headset off on offense then I want Wright. Otherwise, Will.

StarkVegasSteve
10-21-2023, 09:45 PM
Let me add that if we do go with Wright, I think we need to get our 5 best road graders out there on the Oline. I think our Oline coaches have done a poor job this year.

That is because we have Will I Have Been Fired Everywhere I Have Been Friend coaching our O Line. The quicker we get rid of him, Brock, Peterson, and Campbell the better we will be.

vindastra
10-21-2023, 09:47 PM
Neither - I just don't want to watch any more games this year.

the_real_MSU_is_us
10-21-2023, 09:53 PM
Will gives us the best chance to light up the scoreboard (ie the SC game).

Wright gives us the best chance to put up a few TDs just on his big play speed alone.

So to me it depends. If the D sucks, we need to sling it around. If the D holds our opponents to 20 or less points, Wright is more consistently going to get us above that.

I stay stick with Wright BUT you cater the offense to him. We did a lot of bootlegs for him today, that was nice. But we should do zone reads, play action, designed QB runs, hell pull the TE and let the RB run up the middle first as the lead blocker to try and game the blocking numbers. I understand Wright has.... limitations as a pocket passer, but he can chuck it deep on a play action pass if hes not asked to progress through reads. We can also do tunnel screens to try and punish a D that overcommits to the LOS. or -god forbid- slip a TE up 8 yards and hit him after a fake handoff drew the LB up. Surely our TEs can run a 7 yard curl route

StarkVegasSteve
10-21-2023, 09:56 PM

Wright gives us the best chance to put up a few TDs just on his big play speed alone.

So to me it depends. If the D sucks, we need to sling it around. If the D holds our opponents to 20 or less points, Wright is more consistently going to get us above that.

I stay stick with Wright BUT you cater the offense to him. We did a lot of bootlegs for him today, that was nice. But we should do zone reads, play action, designed QB runs, hell pull the TE and let the RB run up the middle first as the lead blocker to try and game the blocking numbers. I understand Wright has.... limitations as a pocket passer, but he can chuck it deep on a play action pass if hes not asked to progress through reads. We can also do tunnel screens to try and punish a D that overcommits to the LOS. or -god forbid- slip a TE up 8 yards and hit him after a fake handoff drew the LB up. Surely our TEs can run a 7 yard curl route

I hope you watched our TEs today and realized just how god f****** awful they are. Goede may be the worst athlete we have ever given a scholarship to and we gave one to Kristers Zeidkas

Todd4State
10-21-2023, 09:56 PM
The best thing to do is use them in a 2 QB system like Florida did with Leak and Tebow but good luck to MSU trying to figure that out.

Will should play at least 2/3 of the time though. Neither one really throws deep. We're really trading off mid range accuracy for running ability between the two.

I definitely think we score more than 7 today with Will as our QB.

parabrave
10-21-2023, 10:08 PM

So you're implying we go full merls with the Relf offense?? Which would work. But Barbay has to call those plays

EdwardDrayton
10-21-2023, 10:09 PM
I hope you watched our TEs today and realized just how god f****** awful they are. Goede may be the worst athlete we have ever given a scholarship to and we gave one to Kristers Zeidkas

We don't have TEs. We have what we CALL TEs. But we don't have TEs.

EdwardDrayton
10-21-2023, 10:11 PM
The best thing to do is use them in a 2 QB system like Florida did with Leak and Tebow but good luck to MSU trying to figure that out.

Will should play at least 2/3 of the time though. Neither one really throws deep. We're really trading off mid range accuracy for running ability between the two.

I definitely think we score more than 7 today with Will as our QB.

I definitely think we missed an opportunity to score more than 7 with Mike as our QB.

DownwardDawg
10-21-2023, 10:13 PM
Will Rogers definitely.

Todd4State
10-21-2023, 10:13 PM
I definitely think we missed an opportunity to score than 7 with Mike as our QB.

I agree we should have been more aggressive and it would have led to more points.

CadaverDawg
10-21-2023, 10:22 PM
Wright gives us a chance at forward progress every snap with his legs. He can extend plays which allows more time for receivers to get open. Give me Wright, but it's like deciding who the skinniest kid at fat camp is....we have got to find a QB this off-season.

Todd4State
10-21-2023, 10:23 PM
Wright gives us a chance at forward progress every snap with his legs. He can extend plays which allows more time for receivers to get open. Give me Wright, but it's like deciding who the skinniest kid at fat camp is....we have got to find a QB this off-season.

We need to find a QB that can pass AND run. In that order.

StarkVegasSteve
10-21-2023, 10:36 PM
We need to find a QB that can pass AND run. In that order.

And there will be plenty out there. I do agree with you that we need someone who looks to pass first and second but can take off and run if it is needed.

Todd4State
10-21-2023, 11:40 PM
And there will be plenty out there. I do agree with you that we need someone who looks to pass first and second but can take off and run if it is needed.

I hope that is Parson and the new QB commit from Noxubee Taylor.

RockyDog
10-21-2023, 11:44 PM

Parson is not going to ever take a snap in an MSU uni

HancockCountyDog
10-21-2023, 11:49 PM

Taylor wont be here until fall of 2025, we wont wait that long and he will be a true freshman.

parabrave
10-22-2023, 12:13 AM

And we got to find an Oline.

Dawgface
10-22-2023, 07:34 AM
So you're implying we go full merls with the Relf offense?? Which would work. But Barbay has to call those plays

For the balance of the season yes. But if Will can come back then a hybrid of the two. Next year I wouldn't want a full blown Relf offense. Hopefully we can pull a QB from the portal that has some mobility and that can pass. Would be nice if Parson develops and is ready but reading between the lines here sounds like he may not be ready.

Ranchdawg
10-22-2023, 08:05 AM
And we got to find an Oline.

This I screamed at the tv all day v AU for somebody to block. Anybody. Not only our O line but our running backs and receivers. Too many times our roll out of our QB our receivers ran their routes and then just stood there. Go back and watch.

Except on Wright touch down run. Blindside block by receiver which imo was a bs call.

R2Dawg
10-22-2023, 08:10 AM
Who would u rather see at QB, Wright or Rogers?

Wright stresses a D.

Will doesn't stress a D. He can't move, he doesn't throw downfield. Wright can throw the short throws. Will adds nothing. Just pin ears back and come get him.

confucius say
10-22-2023, 08:13 AM
I want to see both. For us to be at our best, we need both healthy. They have different skill sets that can help you depending on the opponent.