PDA

View Full Version : Can you hear that? You hear it?

Coach34
10-21-2023, 08:04 PM
Its the sound of silence of KB, BlackSails, and other members of the AR Cult after the win today.

For me- it's like Mozart's symphony #40 just playing around the house

msstate7
10-21-2023, 08:06 PM
Even though no one thought we'd win today, you can't appreciate a win bc we didn't score enough

drummerdawg
10-21-2023, 08:07 PM
Didn't the AR score 40 on them last year?

Turfdawg67
10-21-2023, 08:07 PM
Lolz... let the trolling begin. Extend ZA for this impressive win!

Coach34
10-21-2023, 08:10 PM
Didn't the AR score 40 on them last year?

So what? UPig was one of the worst in the nation in Pass D last season. This year? 55th. Different team says the portal

basedog
10-21-2023, 08:11 PM
Wow 34, I wasn't crazy bout the AR but 200 yards and 7 points ain't gonna get it done in the big picture. I'm glad we won.

Homedawg
10-21-2023, 08:12 PM
They don't want us to win unless we are in the ar. Just what it is.

somebodyshotmypaw
10-21-2023, 08:13 PM
Some folks would rather lose 31-28, than win 7-3.

Homedawg
10-21-2023, 08:15 PM
Wow 34, I wasn't crazy bout the AR but 200 yards and 7 points ain't gonna get it done in the big picture. I'm glad we won.

I get that. And the offense wasn't good today. However we scored 30 onthe road earlier and lost. And all people could say was, it doesn't matter if you lose. Well, we freaking won. We won. Like I said in another post. Enjoy it and save the bitching til the second play of next weeks game. That's how long it took today!!!

Commercecomet24
10-21-2023, 08:15 PM

Unfortunately this is true. A sec road win is always a good win and I?m glad we found a way. That being said we have work to do to get better and let?s hope this was a start.

msstate7
10-21-2023, 08:17 PM
I get that. And the offense wasn't good today. However we scored 30 onthe road earlier and lost. And all people could say was, it doesn't matter if you lose. Well, we freaking won. We won. Like I said in another post. Enjoy it and save the bitching til the second play of next weeks game. That's how long it took today!!!

Great point. zA sucked when we lost scoring a ton of points at SC, and he sucks bc even though we outscored ark bc it wasn't enough points

Commercecomet24
10-21-2023, 08:18 PM

Love ya, brother, right on!

Coach34
10-21-2023, 08:21 PM
Great point. zA sucked when we lost scoring a ton of points at SC, and he sucks bc even though we outscored ark bc it wasn't enough points

exactly. It shows it doesnt matter what he does- they just dont want him or Barbay.

Quaoarsking
10-21-2023, 08:21 PM
Every SEC win is a good win, so ZA gets credit, period.

However, we all know that Leach would be 5-2 right now with comfortable wins over Arizona, South Carolina, and Arkansas. The Leach -> Arnett coaching change is a net negative on the W/L column, not a net positive as the OP so foolishly predicted.

Coach34
10-21-2023, 08:23 PM

However, we all know that Leach would be 5-2 right now with comfortable wins over Arizona, South Carolina, and Arkansas. The Leach -> Arnett coaching change is a net negative on the W/L column, not a net positive as the OP so foolishly predicted.

No we dont know that. Leach would/could have easily lost to SC. He did it all the time

Quaoarsking
10-21-2023, 08:24 PM
No we dont know that. Leach would/could have easily lost to SC

Any coach "could" lose any game, but Leach never lost to a non-bowl team at Mississippi State and probably wouldn't have in 2023 either.

chef dixon
10-21-2023, 08:25 PM
Let's be clear. Zack Arnett is an idiot. Not going for it at the end 4th and 1 was such a small stones move.

However, I will take any league win any day.

Homedawg
10-21-2023, 08:27 PM

Pure grade a bs. You know we would have scored 38?? Right.

Commercecomet24
10-21-2023, 08:28 PM
I loved Mike Leach and he was capable of winning any game OR losing any game no matter the opponent.

Homedawg
Any coach "could" lose any game, but Leach never lost to a non-bowl team at Mississippi State and probably wouldn't have in 2023 either.

Probably. Right.

Coach34

He lost to 6-6 Memphis in 2021 that was garbage. That loss literally made them bowl eligible.

msstate7
10-21-2023, 08:29 PM

Pretty weird criteria. Memphis was 6-6 (3-5) in 2021

basedog
10-21-2023, 08:29 PM

Like I said, I'm glad we won, I hope we win out. I don't think my post was bitching, just a fact.

Homedawg
10-21-2023, 08:32 PM

But but but. We wouldn't have lost to sc.... bc they know. Just stupid.

Quaoarsking
10-21-2023, 08:32 PM
Pure grade a bs. You know we would have scored 38?? Right.

We are South Carolina's only FBS win so far this year. They'll probably add a second one with Vanderbilt.

Leach never lost a game to a team like that his entire tenure at MSU. It's completely unreasonable to believe he would have gotten his first one in this game.

Quaoarsking
10-21-2023, 08:33 PM

They were selected for a bowl game? It got canceled due to COVID, but that happened to a lot of teams in 2020/21.

Homedawg
10-21-2023, 08:33 PM
Like I said, I'm glad we won, I hope we win out. I don't think my post was bitching, just a fact.

I wasn't really saying you. Just that people need to enjoy it. And in fact in the second play today multiple people losing their minds .... we suck etc. sorry just was adding that to my reply to you.

msstate7
10-21-2023, 08:34 PM
We are South Carolina's only FBS win so far this year. They'll probably add a second one with Vanderbilt.

Leach never lost a game to a team like that his entire tenure at MSU. It's completely unreasonable to believe he would have gotten his first one in this game.

4 or their losses were to ranked teams

Quaoarsking
10-21-2023, 08:35 PM
4 or their losses were to ranked teams

And if Leach were our head coach, 5 of South Carolina's losses would be to ranked teams.

Homedawg
10-21-2023, 08:35 PM
He lost to 6-6 Memphis in 2021 that was garbage. That loss literally made them bowl eligible.

And in 2020 every sec team went to a bowl. Hell we did and went 3-7. ....

Quaoarsking
10-21-2023, 08:36 PM
And in 2020 every sec team went to a bowl. Hell we did and went 3-7. ....

Arkansas was 3-7 in the SEC. In a non-COVID season, they're 3-5 (their extras were Florida and Georgia), so that almost certainly gets them into a bowl.

msstate7
10-21-2023, 08:36 PM
And if Leach were our head coach, 5 of South Carolina's losses would be to ranked teams.

There's no way to know that... Stating pure speculation as fact is dumb

CaptainObvious
10-21-2023, 08:38 PM
Exactly. South Carolina is looking more and more like State?s Worse loss in 2 years. And Zach Arnett is the HC that managed that performance. He also gets credit for milking away the clock in a 7-3 victory.

Regardless of what the Arnett/Barbay/Brock apologists say, this team is going to be measured against Ole Miss as they always should be. If they are good, State damn well better be good too! And if Ole Miss is bad, State better damn well be Good!

Quaoarsking
10-21-2023, 08:38 PM
There's no way to know that... Stating pure speculation as fact is dumb

Reread all of the posts. I'm not the one stating anything as "fact." I've said multiple times that you can't say anything for sure, just that I'm presenting evidence to back up my prediction logically.

msstate7
10-21-2023, 08:39 PM
Reread all of the posts. I'm not the one stating anything as "fact." I've said multiple times that you can't say anything for sure, just that I'm presenting evidence to back up my prediction logically.

"And if Leach were our head coach, 5 of South Carolina's losses would be to ranked teams."

Gutter Cobreh
10-21-2023, 08:44 PM
exactly. It shows it doesnt matter what he does- they just dont want him or Barbay.

Like you were w/ Stansbury! Oh how the roles have reversed.

Today was as fun as watching paint dry, but a win is a win! Defense played better, which was encouraging!

Really Clark?
10-21-2023, 08:46 PM
Arkansas was 3-7 in the SEC. In a non-COVID season, they're 3-5 (their extras were Florida and Georgia), so that almost certainly gets them into a bowl.

Just looking it up for fun but Ark was scheduled to play Notre Dame in 2020. That was probably a loss that year too

Homedawg
10-21-2023, 08:47 PM

Troll

Homedawg
10-21-2023, 08:48 PM

And one of the 3 was to US don't you get it??????? Nvm

EdwardDrayton
10-21-2023, 08:49 PM

Not a single person.

Homedawg
10-21-2023, 08:49 PM
He's lost to plenty of shitty teams. And by beating us it made them eligible. This isn't hard. But I'm not surprised.......

Coach34
10-21-2023, 08:50 PM
Not a single person.

bullshit. The board today shows alot of people are mad we won

Homedawg
10-21-2023, 08:51 PM
Not a single person.
That's clearly not true

Coach34
10-21-2023, 08:52 PM
Had we lost- there would be endless posts from KB and BlackSails plus another number of posters

EdwardDrayton
Just stop. No one is mad we won. Stop mismatching.

RockyDog
Exactly. South Carolina is looking more and more like State?s Worse loss in 2 years. And Zach Arnett is the HC that managed that performance. He also gets credit for milking away the clock in a 7-3 victory.

Regardless of what the Arnett/Barbay/Brock apologists say, this team is going to be measured against Ole Miss as they always should be. If they are good, State damn well better be good too! And if Ole Miss is bad, State better damn well be Good!

I haven’t seen ONE person praise Arnett or Barbay for that bullshit today. But it’s the cultists who insist on turning this into an everlasting Will/Air Raid discussion.

We have people acting like this was a choice. unfortunately Leach is dead. He wasn’t removed or replaced. MSU fans didn’t choose this. It was a gift from that turd John Cohen and Bracky Brett.

Arguing OVER AND OVER AND OVER about leach and the Err Raid is pointless because BOTH are gone.

The best case scenario going forward is for Selmon to find his nutsack and make a big boy decision going forward. Get rid of Joke Arnett and make a real hire.

Dawgface
I loved Mike Leach and he was capable of winning any game OR losing any game no matter the opponent.

You could say that for every MSU coach we've ever had. Well....maybe not the winning part.

basedog
10-21-2023, 08:54 PM
I wasn't really saying you. Just that people need to enjoy it. And in fact in the second play today multiple people losing their minds .... we suck etc. sorry just was adding that to my reply to you.

LOL, I understand what you were saying. I would never want us to lose at any sport. Lord knows I've seen way too much over my career as a State fan.

Btw, that was a picky non foul on the so called blindside block. Head was on side on guys shoulder pads. Plus a high hit.

Commercecomet24
10-21-2023, 08:56 PM
LOL, I understand what you were saying. I would never want us to lose at any sport. Lord knows I've seen way too much over my career as a State fan.

Btw, that was a picky non foul on the so called blindside block. Head was on side on guys shoulder pads. Plus a high hit.

You?re a goodun dude!

basedog
10-21-2023, 08:58 PM
You?re a goodun dude!

Have some rep 24! LOL

Turfdawg67
10-21-2023, 09:10 PM
Troll

C34 fan boy

Quaoarsking
10-21-2023, 09:17 PM
I think it's safe to say that had Mike Leach been our coach in 2023 and lost to South Carolina, it would have been an uncharacteristically bad loss, one that we never saw in his real life career here. Is it possible that it could have happened? Sure, just like it's possible that he would have lost to SELA or that we would have won the national title with Joe Moorhead in 2020 or literally anything else someone wants to make up - that's why we play the games. But to assert as fact that Mike Leach would have had the worst loss of his MSU career just doesn't pass the smell test.

Sure, anything could happen, but that probably wouldn't have.

CaptainObvious
10-21-2023, 09:31 PM
I haven’t seen ONE person praise Arnett or Barbay for that bullshit today. But it’s the cultists who insist on turning this into an everlasting Will/Air Raid discussion.

We have people acting like this was a choice. unfortunately Leach is dead. He wasn’t removed or replaced. MSU fans didn’t choose this. It was a gift from that turd John Cohen and Bracky Brett.

Arguing OVER AND OVER AND OVER about leach and the Err Raid is pointless because BOTH are gone.

The best case scenario going forward is for Selmon to find his nutsack and make a big boy decision going forward. Get rid of Joke Arnett and make a real hire.

My opinion is not from a point of the AR. But I agree with everything you said. But this is twice in our last 3 coaching hires, that we decided to go totally opposite of what either our offensive philosophy was under a multi-year QB and experienced O-line or defensive philosophy with an experienced defense. It just doesn?t make sense to blow up a 9 win offense like this year or a top 10 defense like in 2018. Just seems like you would stay with what made your 4th year QB a 9 game winner last year and then transition with a new philosophy with a new leader under center.

Plus there were straight up lies to hold the recruiting class together. That crap just burns me.

Good win today playing 1950?s football.

RockyDog
10-21-2023, 09:40 PM
My opinion is not from a point of the AR. But I agree with everything you said. But this is twice in our last 3 coaching hires, that we decided to go totally opposite of what either our offensive philosophy was under a multi-year QB and experienced O-line or defensive philosophy with an experienced defense. It just doesn?t make sense to blow up a 9 win offense like this year or a top 10 defense like in 2018. Just seems like you would stay with what made your 4th year QB a 9 game winner last year and then transition with a new philosophy with a new leader under center.

Plus there were straight up lies to hold the recruiting class together. That crap just burns me.

I’m fine with starting over. Sure, maybe we keep some AR principles, but it’s not like we were dominant last year. It’s not we were returning Graham Harrell and Michael Crabtree. We had a decent QB and 15 pretty average receivers. The problem we are seeing now and will feel for a couple of years is all the misses in crootin that leach and company had while piling up the offensive skill players.

Whatever the philosophy is going forward, we need to work on explosive plays and more chunk plays. We’ve had a history of 3 yards and a cloud of dust that we need to shake.

Homedawg
10-21-2023, 09:40 PM
I think it's safe to say that had Mike Leach been our coach in 2023 and lost to South Carolina, it would have been an uncharacteristically bad loss, one that we never saw in his real life career here. Is it possible that it could have happened? Sure, just like it's possible that he would have lost to SELA or that we would have won the national title with Joe Moorhead in 2020 or literally anything else someone wants to make up - that's why we play the games. But to assert as fact that Mike Leach would have had the worst loss of his MSU career just doesn't pass the smell test.

Sure, anything could happen, but that probably wouldn't have.

Memphis?? Huh ??? Really losing on the road to usc is worse than freaking Memphis??? Ark 2020. Never saw one?? You lived in a hole??

StarkVegasSteve
10-21-2023, 09:42 PM
Its the sound of silence of KB, BlackSails, and other members of the AR Cult after the win today.

You literally predicted us to lose. So congrats on dunking on yourself. Weird flex, but ok.

Todd4State
10-21-2023, 09:43 PM
LOL at this entire thread.

This was a win that looked like 2007- a season which Coach34 basically ran down and criticized every win as a "fluke" and "lucky".

But now it's great because we ran the ball a bunch and didn't run the Air Raid.**

We won a game and we should be happy about that but the way we won is not sustainable.

Also- we're now averaging 17 PPG in SEC play and I believe 26 PPG on the year meaning we're now not even in the "similar to last year" range on offense and we'll see where we end up once the rankings come out tomorrow. We can't be any higher than the 80's though and very possibly are in the 90's.

We've played eight games so far under Arnett and have been impressive in ZERO of them even the wins.

TALL DAWG
10-21-2023, 09:44 PM
Coach Leach is DEAD. So, it?s time to move on and stop comparing him to ZA!

Dawgface
10-21-2023, 09:44 PM

Had we lost- there would be endless posts from KB and BlackSails plus another number of posters

Look in the mirror. This was you during Leach?s era for the most part.

Todd4State
10-21-2023, 09:45 PM
Memphis?? Huh ??? Really losing on the road to usc is worse than freaking Memphis??? Ark 2020. Never saw one?? You lived in a hole??

The Memphis game where the officials were suspended after the game for multiple egregious calls? Sure Arkansas 2020 was bad- we also scored twice as many that day as we did today.

Todd4State
10-21-2023, 09:47 PM

Yes- the logical thing to do would have been to hire a modified AR OC. This would have updated the scheme and made us more diverse while also easing the transition.

It also doesn't help that Woody McBarbay isn't very good as an OC either.

StarkVegasSteve
10-21-2023, 09:52 PM
Yes- the logical thing to do would have been to hire a modified AR OC. This would have updated the scheme and made us more diverse while also easing the transition.

It also doesn't help that Woody McBarbay isn't very good as an OC either.

I actually do not think Barbay is all that bad. I think Zachvester holds him back and limits the playbook.

RezDog7
10-21-2023, 09:57 PM

You do realize that Leach passed away right. We didn't fire him. Y'all AR cult folks are something else.

Todd4State
10-21-2023, 09:59 PM
I actually do not think Barbay is all that bad. I think Zachvester holds him back and limits the playbook.

That's not a good thing either. This is also a pretty consistent theme with Barbay- there were rumors that their head coach meddled with the play calling too.

That leads me to believe that there is a reason why.

TrapGame
10-21-2023, 10:00 PM

This was a win that looked like 2007- a season which Coach34 basically ran down and criticized every win as a "fluke" and "lucky".

But now it's great because we ran the ball a bunch and didn't run the Air Raid.**

We won a game and we should be happy about that but the way we won is not sustainable.

Also- we're now averaging 17 PPG in SEC play and I believe 26 PPG on the year meaning we're now not even in the "similar to last year" range on offense and we'll see where we end up once the rankings come out tomorrow. We can't be any higher than the 80's though and very possibly are in the 90's.

We've played eight games so far under Arnett and have been impressive in ZERO of them even the wins.

Well stated.

Two of the worst reams in the West in a slap fight. We won but it doesn't make Arnett any better as a coach b/c he made some really bonehead decisions.

StarkVegasSteve
10-21-2023, 10:00 PM
That's not a good thing either. This is also a pretty consistent theme with Barbay- there were rumors that their head coach meddled with the play calling too.

That leads me to believe that there is a reason why.

Well if Zachvester gets his wish Brian Ferentz will be our OC next year anyways.

Todd4State
10-21-2023, 10:05 PM
You do realize that Leach passed away right. We didn't for him. Y'all AR cult folks are something else.

No one expected MSU to hire someone that ran the Air Raid exactly like Leach.

We hoped to hire someone that ran a version of it that was modernized and updated.

We wanted to avoid a major transition- Brad Peterson and Zach Arnett disagreed. Now we have an offense that is worse than last years. When all I heard all offseason was BS about how this offense would be soooo much better because Woody and Tulu were going to get fed and Will wouldn't have to be superman and our offensive line would be fine because they ran this offense in high school. Among other things.

And one of the funniest criticisms was Leach had to win games because of Arnett's defense bailing his offense out. And yet here we are with a thread calling out Air Raid people when we scored 7 points and the defense very much won this game much moreso than the offense. I mean- if we line up correctly on fourth down we lose. Hilarious.

Todd4State
10-21-2023, 10:06 PM
Well if Zachvester gets his wish Brian Ferentz will be our OC next year anyways.

Are Brad Peterson and Brian friends?

Todd4State
10-21-2023, 10:08 PM
Well stated.

Two of the worst reams in the West in a slap fight. We won but it doesn't make Arnett any better as a coach b/c he made some really bonehead decisions.

Exactly. Unfortunately it's only a matter of time before the bottom falls out.

Saltydog
10-21-2023, 10:14 PM
Like you were w/ Stansbury! Oh how the roles have reversed.

Today was as fun as watching paint dry, but a win is a win! Defense played better, which was encouraging!

Rep. given......

Homedawg
10-21-2023, 10:37 PM
The Memphis game where the officials were suspended after the game for multiple egregious calls? Sure Arkansas 2020 was bad- we also scored twice as many that day as we did today.

Look we should have never been in the position to let the officials even matter. First and goal at the two up 14-0 and got nothing. We lost. ... the record shows we lost. We lost.
I guess every other coach in msu history that got screwed by the officials got their record changed to wins surely .....

Homedawg
10-21-2023, 10:39 PM
Are Brad Peterson and Brian friends?

Please just stop w crap you just read on the Internet. You have no clue what all goes on within the operation.

Homedawg
10-21-2023, 10:40 PM
No one expected MSU to hire someone that ran the Air Raid exactly like Leach.

We hoped to hire someone that ran a version of it that was modernized and updated.

We wanted to avoid a major transition- Brad Peterson and Zach Arnett disagreed. Now we have an offense that is worse than last years. When all I heard all offseason was BS about how this offense would be soooo much better because Woody and Tulu were going to get fed and Will wouldn't have to be superman and our offensive line would be fine because they ran this offense in high school. Among other things.

And one of the funniest criticisms was Leach had to win games because of Arnett's defense bailing his offense out. And yet here we are with a thread calling out Air Raid people when we scored 7 points and the defense very much won this game much moreso than the offense. I mean- if we line up correctly on fourth down we lose. Hilarious.

If we didn't have an illegal block we don't. See how that works.

THE Bruce Dickinson
10-21-2023, 10:46 PM

So when people point out that ,even though we won, we looked awful doing it, it's the fans rooting against the team.

BUT when you write the same BS year after year after wins about the Airbone or Stans or whatever little unfunny pet name you make up, it's just because you are the clear visionary of the direction of all MSU sports.

Coach34
10-21-2023, 10:57 PM
So when people point out that ,even though we won, we looked awful doing it, it's the fans rooting against the team.

BUT when you write the same BS year after year after wins about the Airbone or Stans or whatever little unfunny pet name you make up, it's just because you are the clear visionary of the direction of all MSU sports.

No I'm talking about the posters that posted over and over that we would go 0-8 in the SEC are now here posting about what a bad win this was

HancockCountyDog
10-21-2023, 11:01 PM
Can someone who didn?t like the Air Raid also hate the offensive performance today?

I?m really glad we won, but the offense was atrocious and so was CZA today in his 4th down decisions.

I?m not sure how anyone who hated the AR think that today was some type of vindication. We won that game today because Arkansas couldn?t handle a blitz.

The defense delivered time and time again.

Quaoarsking
10-21-2023, 11:07 PM
Can someone who didn?t like the Air Raid also hate the offensive performance today?

No. You have to pick a side, Air Raid Cult or Leachbashers, and you have to be as extreme and obnoxious as possible. That's just the rule here, and you have to commit to your side for life, no matter what happens on or off the field.

StarkVegasSteve
10-21-2023, 11:09 PM

I?m really glad we won, but the offense was atrocious and so was CZA today in his 4th down decisions.

I?m not sure how anyone who hated the AR think that today was some type of vindication. We won that game today because Arkansas couldn?t handle a blitz.

No that actually is reasonable and god forbid we do that. We cannot root for the team anymore. You have to root for the scheme

Todd4State
10-21-2023, 11:12 PM
Look we should have never been in the position to let the officials even matter. First and goal at the two up 14-0 and got nothing. We lost. ... the record shows we lost. We lost.
I guess every other coach in msu history that got screwed by the officials got their record changed to wins surely .....

I never said that game should be changed to a win. We didn't play well that game. But that doesn't change the fact that because of poor officiating Memphis was given points that they should not have been given and that certainly affected the outcome of the game. Sure we've been on the short end of the stick before. However, when the league comes out with statements about the officials after the game that's a bit different than say Jackie 1991 vs Alabama.

Please just stop w crap you just read on the Internet. You have no clue what all goes on within the operation.

It was a joke.

If we didn't have an illegal block we don't. See how that works.

Then again- doesn't that go back to coaching? See how that works? Big difference is that call was a lot more legit than what happened against Memphis. Pretty laughable to compare the two really.

DownwardDawg
10-21-2023, 11:16 PM

Man, I love the win as much as anyone. Wife and I walked the dogs around the neighborhood tonight here in Tennessee wearing my State stuff. But what I saw today was some damn ugly football and terrible coaching.

I hate what is happening to this board. It's become you are an Air Raid guy or a Neanderthal offense guy. When in reality, a lot of us disliked the air raid and we also dislike what we see now. Both can be true. Leach's offense was hard for me to watch, but that crap today was painful. I've seen flashes of some excitement, but then the play calling turns to crap again.

Oh well, maybe I just need a break from the board for a while. It's not fun all of a sudden.
I'm probably too addicted to quit though. Lol

Todd4State
10-21-2023, 11:21 PM

Absolutely.

For me personally it doesn't have to be Air Raid. If I had my preferences I would be very happy if we ran a modified Air Raid like Ben Arbuckle, a Veer and Shoot offense like Lebby or some hybrid like Rhett Lashlee who runs a mix of Air Raid and Mahlzahn or GJ Kinne who also runs a mix of Leach, Veer and Shoot, Mahlzahn, and Chip Kelly.

For us to build our brand and win more games we need to run an offense that is exciting and up tempo. That means we have to be able to pass the ball pretty well- analytically the most explosive plays in general are pass plays. The biggest thing we needed to do differently with Leach was be more vertical. I think that would have come with time as personnel changed over the years. We can still have a QB that is mobile and runs and good solid running game - that's fine and needed at times. But they need to be compliments to the passing game rather than what the offense is built around and then passing off of that.

DownwardDawg
10-21-2023, 11:23 PM

People can't seem to understand that you can know all these things to be true, and still be happy we won today. It's mind boggling.

Maverick91
10-21-2023, 11:24 PM

This being said can we drop the whole ?let?s bring Beamer over? dude ant good at this point.

Todd4State
10-21-2023, 11:30 PM
Man, I love the win as much as anyone. Wife and I walked the dogs around the neighborhood tonight here in Tennessee wearing my State stuff. But what I saw today was some damn ugly football and terrible coaching.

I hate what is happening to this board. It's become you are an Air Raid guy or a Neanderthal offense guy. When in reality, a lot of us disliked the air raid and we also dislike what we see now. Both can be true. Leach's offense was hard for me to watch, but that crap today was painful. I've seen flashes of some excitement, but then the play calling turns to crap again.

Oh well, maybe I just need a break from the board for a while. It's not fun all of a sudden.

I think part of the problem is the fans need someone that can unite them somewhat. There needs to be some medium ground.

Leach has always been controversial and some traditional football coaches never liked him or his style.

At the same time many fans realize being super run heavy is boring to watch and hasn't really yielded great overall results for us either- and the years we had that were good it was really more about the defense and special teams overcoming the offense's short comings.

It's just hard to get behind this group of coaches. On the surface it looks like major boosters took advantage of no AD being in place to get their people in place. There have been a lot of misleading statements and rumors of players and recruits being lied to. That kind of stuff just doesn't sit well with people. Add in the fact that Arnett isn't exactly Mr. Charisma and this is where we're at.

Now we may win enough these final games for them to stay around another year and I get it but at the same time just like 1999 we won 10 games it was only a matter of time before what goes around comes around. Which is what happened in 2001.

Todd4State
10-21-2023, 11:32 PM
People can't seem to understand that you can know all these things to be true, and still be happy we won today. It's mind boggling.

Exactly. I'm happy we won. But I'm also realistic.

Todd4State
10-21-2023, 11:35 PM
This being said can we drop the whole ?let?s bring Beamer over? dude ant good at this point.

Let's view that as a dodged bullet. He's a CEO coach that is no different than any other CEO coach though.

If he brought in Ben Arbuckle or Mack Leftwich as OC and Scott Symons as our DC while he handled special teams we would be really good.

If we have the guys he has as OC/DC at South Carolina now we would suck like they do.

Of course the problem is those assistants move up in the coaching world and then it's up to the head coach to keep replacing them and "hitting" every time. Which is not likely.

Commercecomet24
10-21-2023, 11:50 PM

Excellent post brother! I agree on all!

msudawg1200
10-22-2023, 01:21 AM
Let's be clear. Zack Arnett is an idiot. Not going for it at the end 4th and 1 was such a small stones move.

However, I will take any league win any day.

My sentiments exactly

Really Clark?
10-22-2023, 07:00 AM
I think part of the problem is the fans need someone that can unite them somewhat. There needs to be some medium ground.

Leach has always been controversial and some traditional football coaches never liked him or his style.

At the same time many fans realize being super run heavy is boring to watch and hasn't really yielded great overall results for us either- and the years we had that were good it was really more about the defense and special teams overcoming the offense's short comings.

It's just hard to get behind this group of coaches. On the surface it looks like major boosters took advantage of no AD being in place to get their people in place. There have been a lot of misleading statements and rumors of players and recruits being lied to. That kind of stuff just doesn't sit well with people. Add in the fact that Arnett isn't exactly Mr. Charisma and this is where we're at.

Now we may win enough these final games for them to stay around another year and I get it but at the same time just like 1999 we won 10 games it was only a matter of time before what goes around comes around. Which is what happened in 2001.

I agree with you. Jackie and Mullen had a united fan base. That actually makes a difference.

Santiago
10-22-2023, 10:01 AM

This is what turned me from being all in for Arnett, to stepping back and having less interest. The lies told, and all the influence with those that now created a Croom offense.
For all the griping about Will, a modified AR showed even an average at best QB and OL talent can run competitively in the SEC, or some offense that the rest of the SEC does not see every week is a big advantage when you combine it with a typical strong MSU defense. That is all I have really been vocal about, was at MSU we do need that type of advantage to overcome recruiting differential.

For what it is worth, Points for MSU Saturday were the fewest by a winning team since the 3-2 Auburn win.
But I have not seen any nicknames about this offense yet.

For the last 2-3 years we were winning games, and I would read on here those griping at how we did not win with a fun offense.....now I am seeing those same people telling everyone hey we won, so don't worry about the offense.
It is that type of good ole boy crap that is going on with our staff that has turned me off. It is now clear they only wanted to win, doing it a certain way with the offense and with the right people being given access to the program.

BlackSailsDawg
10-22-2023, 10:05 AM

Love that I live in your waking thoughts. I was on vacation and was at the game.

We won this game because we could not get set on offense. That's how bad we are.

BlackSailsDawg
10-22-2023, 10:07 AM

Freeze is not doing well with his running QBs. Why? Nobody respects the pass.

Santiago
10-22-2023, 10:08 AM
I agree with you. Jackie and Mullen had a united fan base. That actually makes a difference.

Some of those Jackie years, the name Bobby Wallace would be brought up after any loss.
Mullen- we were all united about the Holloway up the middle, or the predictable play calling on 3rd and 4.

I wonder if it was due to less social media at the time.

Really Clark?
10-22-2023, 10:17 AM
Some of those Jackie years, the name Bobby Wallace would be brought up after any loss.
Mullen- we were all united about the Holloway up the middle, or the predictable play calling on 3rd and 4.

I wonder if it was due to less social media at the time.

That stuff happens but overall the fan base, which includes casual fans and not just message board warriors, were united.

Churchill
10-22-2023, 10:20 AM
ZA is a dumbass and I'm embarrassed for MSU every time they interview him, particularly on the field/sideline.

BlackSailsDawg
10-22-2023, 10:25 AM
ZA is a dumbass and I'm embarrassed for MSU every time they interview him, particularly on the field/sideline.

The answer he gave from the sideline had me laughing.... It was bad.

Santiago
10-22-2023, 10:29 AM
No I'm talking about the posters that posted over and over that we would go 0-8 in the SEC are now here posting about what a bad win this was

Lowest points scored in an SEC victory since the 3-2 Auburn win over Croom.
For all the past few years we saw you post on Sundays after a win, griping about the offense....why are you sweeping this aside now?

Santiago
10-22-2023, 10:34 AM

I agree with you. One thing if I can add, is to me it seems the "AR cult" and things like that have been used by those just to diminish viewpoints.
I prefer a modified AR to some degree, but only so that we have an offense the rest of the SEC does not have, and makes it difficult for them to prepare and play an entire game that disciplined.
But I am for anything that wins us games.
What I have seen this season is those that have access to the staff, or hated the Leach era so bad, they are not willing to call out a weekend where we win, but looked awful. Those same people used to do that in previous years, but now it just seems political spin to keep the current staff in place.

I don't like that a coaching staff or group of alumni having access can get away with spinning every single week as if we cannot see it with our own eyes.

BlackSailsDawg
10-22-2023, 10:37 AM
I agree with you. One thing if I can add, is to me it seems the "AR cult" and things like that have been used by those just to diminish viewpoints.
I prefer a modified AR to some degree, but only so that we have an offense the rest of the SEC does not have, and makes it difficult for them to prepare and play an entire game that disciplined.
What I have seen this season is those that have access to the staff, or hated the Leach era so bad, they are not willing to call out a weekend where we win, but looked awful. Those same people used to do that in previous years, but now it just seems political spin to keep the current staff in place.

I don't like that a coaching staff or group of alumni having access can get away with spinning every single week as if we cannot see it with our own eyes.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Santiago again.

TrapGame
10-22-2023, 10:46 AM
We won this game because we could not get set on offense. That's how bad we are.

Too many people around here want us to ignore that little fact too.

msstate7
10-22-2023, 10:54 AM

This is so stupid. First of all, false starts are seen by the players so results after the infraction doesn't necessarily mean the play goes the same without it. Second, if you gonna throw out that penalty, throw out the blind side block too, and we win anyway.

Charlie_Sheen420
10-22-2023, 11:03 AM
Love that I live in your waking thoughts. I was on vacation and was at the game.

This game was closer than it should have been because of a VERY questionable call that took 7 points off the board?.it works both ways

BlackSailsDawg
10-22-2023, 11:04 AM

Yep. Glad we won, but we need to move on before this sets us back for years.

BlackSailsDawg
10-22-2023, 11:07 AM
This game was closer than it should have been because of a VERY questionable call that took 7 points off the board?.it works both ways

That rule changed and it was not questionable. He came from a blind side and hit him. The player never saw it coming. There was zero doubt that it was a blind side block(based on the rule) and it was clearly the right call to call back the TD that Arkansas got off the scooped fumble because we were not set. It's the one time I can say I am happy about being poorly coached.

Blind Side Block – Rule 2-3-7 and Rule 9-1-18
A blind side block is defined as an open field block against an opponent that is initiated from outside the opponent’s field of vision, or otherwise in such a
manner that the opponent cannot reasonably defend himself against the block. (that happened)(Exceptions: (1) the runner; (2) a receiver in the act of attempting to make a catch.)

It is a Personal Foul if a player delivers a blind-side block by attacking an opponent with forcible contact.(that happened) Note: In addition, if this action meets all the elements
of targeting, it is a blind-slide block with targeting (Rule 9-1-3 / 9-1-4).
Rationale: This change is being made for student-athlete safety reasons.

And they are about to get rid of the hip drop tackling too.

msstate7
10-22-2023, 11:13 AM
That rule changed and it was not questionable. He came from a blind side and hit him. The player never saw it coming. There was zero doubt that it was a blind side block(based on the rule) and it was clearly the right call to call back the TD that Arkansas got off the scooped fumble because we were not set. It's the one time I can say I am happy about being poorly coached.

Since penalties are a sign of bad coaching, I'm sure you'll hate to hear this...

We avg 46.1 yds in penalties a game (4th in sec). Last year, we avg'd 60.8 per game (9th in sec)

Really Clark?
10-22-2023, 11:19 AM

Eh, if we were set then Mike would have been looking at the ball and not watching the WR to get set for the play. No fumble happens, no score.

BlackSailsDawg
10-22-2023, 11:22 AM
Since penalties are a sign of bad coaching, I'm sure you'll hate to hear this...

We avg 46.1 yds in penalties a game (4th in sec). Last year, we avg'd 60.8 per game (9th in sec)

Whatever you need to do to convince yourself we are on the right path. The fact is it was a blindside block. The fact is we did not get set. That's 2 horrible things that is on coaching. The blindside rules have been in place since 2019.

Charlie_Sheen420
Eh, if we were set then Mike would have been looking at the ball and not watching the WR to get set for the play. No fumble happens, no score.
Don’t bring reason into this**

BlackSailsDawg

That's possible.

TrapGame
10-22-2023, 12:15 PM
This is so stupid. First of all, false starts are seen by the players so results after the infraction doesn't necessarily mean the play goes the same without it. Second, if you gonna throw out that penalty, throw out the blind side block too, and we win anyway.

Without that penalty at that moment we LOSE. But go ahead and pretend we beat UGA 7-3 and everything is just ****ing peachy.

TrapGame
10-22-2023, 12:19 PM

Yeah, but he wasn't. Y'all can try and make this much about nothing but it does not erase the FACT we were a false start away from losing that game.

But, then of course had Arnett stayed out of Barbay's ass in the second half and let him call the ****ing plays he wanted we might have been up two or three touchdowns.

BlackSailsDawg
10-22-2023, 12:25 PM
Yeah, but he wasn't. Y'all can try and make this much about nothing but it does not erase the FACT we were a false start away from losing that game.

But, then of course had Arnett stayed out of Barbay's ass in the second half and let him call the ****ing plays he wanted we might have been up two or three touchdowns.

This win did nothing to solidify this staff. They are lost as a whole.

There is 1 team worse than we are in scoring.... Arkansas.

msstate7
10-22-2023, 12:53 PM
Without that penalty at that moment we LOSE. But go ahead and pretend we beat UGA 7-3 and everything is just ****ing peachy.

And without the blind side we win anyway. These hypotheticals are so fun... and so useless

msstate7
10-22-2023, 12:54 PM
Whatever you need to do to convince yourself we are on the right path. The fact is it was a blindside block. The fact is we did not get set. That's 2 horrible things that is on coaching. The blindside rules have been in place since 2019.

When did the false start penalty first start?

msstate7
10-22-2023, 12:58 PM

Here's your prediction for the game...

"Arkansas is bad but we're worse.

Hogs 45
Dogs 21"

And somehow, you think the win is something to be ashamed of. You predicted ark my 3 TDs +. Seems you'd appreciate a win over a team you gave us no shot against.

And I didn't think we'd win. I thought we were gonna get smashed too, so I damn sure appreciate having a sec win today.

BlackSailsDawg
10-22-2023, 01:09 PM

Hogs 45
Dogs 21"

And somehow, you think the win is something to be ashamed of. You predicted ark my 3 TDs +. Seems you'd appreciate a win over a team you gave us no shot against.

And I didn't think we'd win. I thought we were gonna get smashed too, so I damn sure appreciate having a sec win today.

Yes... I'm not happy with this staff nor for the players that are having to endure this train wreck. This win over a horrible team does nothing to change that fact.

msstate7
10-22-2023, 01:11 PM
Yes... I'm not happy with this staff nor for the players that are having to endure this train wreck. This win over a horrible team does nothing to change that fact.

I know you aren't happy... bc we don't run the AR. You will pull for us to fail from here forward if we don't run what you want

Coach34
10-22-2023, 01:11 PM

funny how the players seem to be playing hard and enjoying themselves

msstate7
10-22-2023, 01:15 PM
And make no mistake, our offense wasn't good yesterday, and it has to be better. Being in the 200s is terrible. We should be used to though...

2020: 6 games in 200s
2021: 1 game in 200s (299 though)
2022: 3 games in 200s

Turfdawg67
10-22-2023, 01:15 PM

Hogs 45
Dogs 21"

Still at it? My goodness, you have no life do you? Rapidly approaching 70K posts, lolz. We all appreciate the win, well maybe not Black Sail, KB and a few more, but we also know this is a sinking ship. Thanks to the SEC being so average to bad, we may win one or two more! Give ZA an extension!

msstate7
10-22-2023, 01:17 PM
Still at it? My goodness, you have no life do you? Rapidly approaching 70K posts, lolz. We all appreciate the win, well maybe not Black Sail, KB and a few more, but we also know this is a sinking ship. Thanks to the SEC being so average to bad, we may win one or two more! Give ZA an extension!

The only thing more sad than my post count is you hanging on every one of them. Hell, you even use my quote as your signature. I do this for you, turf - my #1 fan

Turfdawg67
10-22-2023, 01:21 PM
The only thing more sad than my post count is you hanging on every one of them. Hell, you even use my quote as your signature. I do this for you, turf - my #1 fan

Glad we agree your post count is sad.

Santiago
10-22-2023, 02:09 PM

You have a senior class of leadership. Not too hard to have that group playing hard for their final season.

Quaoarsking
10-22-2023, 02:19 PM
And make no mistake, our offense wasn't good yesterday, and it has to be better. Being in the 200s is terrible. We should be used to though...

2020: 6 games in 200s
2021: 1 game in 200s (299 though)
2022: 3 games in 200s

Were those against good teams or bad teams though? Does that matter?

Really Clark?
10-22-2023, 02:47 PM
Were those against good teams or bad teams though? Does that matter?

Vanderbilt was 0-9 in 2020. That would be the worse team.

Quaoarsking
10-22-2023, 04:13 PM
Vanderbilt was 0-9 in 2020. That would be the worse team.

Man that was the worst win I've ever watched us play. Much worse than yesterday.

Really Clark?
10-22-2023, 04:40 PM
Man that was the worst win I've ever watched us play. Much worse than yesterday.

Yeah. That Vandy team was putrid but we tried to match them that day.

Commercecomet24
10-22-2023, 04:52 PM

Lol I heard our players were miserable! The ones I know are enjoying themselves(obviously not all the results this year) but are excited to finish out the year strong. We?ll see what happens but they in no way, shape or form have quit on the staff or team.

DownwardDawg
10-22-2023, 08:22 PM

Rep given. Good post

DownwardDawg
10-22-2023, 08:23 PM
Lol I heard our players were miserable! The ones I know are enjoying themselves(obviously not all the results this year) but are excited to finish out the year strong. We?ll see what happens but they in no way, shape or form have quit on the staff or team.

That's great to hear!!!

lastmajordog
10-22-2023, 08:28 PM

except Bama

Homedawg
10-22-2023, 08:36 PM
C34 fan boy

Ultimate don't know crap boy ...

Commercecomet24
10-22-2023, 08:45 PM
except Bama

Lol
Yep like most of our coaches!

DownwardDawg
10-22-2023, 09:45 PM