PDA

View Full Version : Eternal Optimist's Thoughts

Tater
10-21-2023, 04:53 PM
Arnett needs to stop meddling on offense. If you're going to commit to Iowa style of winning, commit fully. That 4th & 1 in our own territory can never happen again. That play not having the false start gets you fired.

Cole Smith, you were having a quality game. Then you pissed down your own leg. Idk what got into you. But don't fall in quicksand again otherwise it's 2017 / 2019 Jordan Hare. Hell in 2021 we didn't come off the bus. We cannot fall behind next week.

Shawn Preston is a dawg. He will be on an NFL roster if he keeps his effort up.

Best defensive secondary performance we've had since 2018. Yea their QB couldn't hit the broad side of a barn, but it wasn't like he was missing open over the top. He was missing covered players.

Arkansas's OLine is terrible. They were great for a get-right game for the DL/LB after getting a week to recover. Lots of stunts and exotic blitzes that caused havoc. Looked more like last year.

Offensive playcalling seemed reserved after a great play by Ark DB. But Mike Wright didn't inspire confidence even on the passes he completed (JRob with an amazing play on something that is usually picked.) The arm talent is there to throw the passes needed. But he didn't seem comfortable and we played ultra conservative. We will probably have to see what he has next week.

As I've yelled for years about guys with long hair, don't make yourself easier to tackle. The towel behind Mike Wright being pulled slowed down what would have been a 80+ yd TD run and silenced a lot of people. Put the towel in front son.

Blindside block rule was incorrectly applied. Rewarded the defense for not having their head on a swivel. Hell of a play JRob. Especially when Tulu was sleeping on it. Mike Wright lost a 60+ yd TD run on that terrible reffing the result instead of the play.

All in all, this team can win every game left on the schedule. No team is perfect murder ball. 9-3 is there. For this staff to inspire confidence in the fanbase, we need 7 wins and the Egg or 8 wins without it. There's no mid season firings going on, so that's what it will take for the fanbase to be happy.

5-7 should have us move on. But I think today bought a second year (I'm a fan, I'm taking USM for granted.)

I really want the 9-3 State vs. 11-2 Iowa Cotton Bowl. That's absolutely on the table and would be quality entertainment.

msstate7
10-21-2023, 05:03 PM
I thought I was being the most posi-state guy today, but 9-3?... ok, you #1

EdwardDrayton
10-21-2023, 05:07 PM

Ha! He just boat raced past you!!

Tater
10-21-2023, 05:11 PM

I think everyone is terrible and our opponents can out suck us. SEC is very bad this year.

BrunswickDawg
10-21-2023, 05:12 PM
People need to drop the KJ Jefferson sucks line. He was averaging 213 yards a game against P5 teams and had been completing 64% of his passes. We had pressure on him all game and shit him down. Something we haven't done all season

msstate7
10-21-2023, 05:13 PM
People need to drop the KJ Jefferson sucks line. He was averaging 213 yards a game against P5 teams and had been completing 64% of his passes. We had pressure on him all game and shit him down. Something we haven't done all season

Can't credit us. That's garbage thinking here

RockyDog
10-21-2023, 05:14 PM
I’ve said it already and will again. I don’t care what the win total is, we can not afford to keep Arnett. You can not have on the job training in a league like ours especially when you are adding 2 more power teams.

It is inexcusable in 2023 to play scared and conservative.

Gus Malzahn just took OU to the wire with John Rice Plumlee who wasn’t even allowed to throw the ball at Mississippi. And picked up huge chunks of yards in the process.

Tater
10-21-2023, 05:18 PM

We made him look bad. To the untrained eye it seemed like he was just inaccurate, but we pushed him off schedule and off-angle all day. No one shut down their offense below 20 before this. Great scheme. Great Defense. Their OL was what we needed to get back in rhythm and look like 2022 State defense.

Tater
10-21-2023, 05:21 PM
I’ve said it already and will again. I don’t care what the win total is, we can not afford to keep Arnett. You can not have on the job training in a league like ours especially when you are adding 2 more power teams.

Gus Malzahn just took OU to the wire with John Rice Plumlee who wasn’t even allowed to throw the ball at Mississippi. And picked up huge chunks of yards in the process.

Gus Malzahn lost. Gus Malzahn hasn't won a conference game. He blew a 29 point lead. Gus Malzahn is 3-4 in a lesser conference. Go blow smoke up someone else's ass, RockyReb. The dawgs won today and this thread is for those of us who want to celebrate that. Go join any of the other pity parties of threads. Tonight, I'm celebrating a victory wrapped in Maroon and White.

RockyDog
10-21-2023, 05:25 PM
Gus Malzahn lost. Gus Malzahn hasn't won a conference game. He blew a 29 point lead. Gus Malzahn is 3-4 in a lesser conference. Go blow smoke up someone else's ass, RockyReb. The dawgs won today and this thread is for those of us who want to celebrate that. Go join any of the other pity parties of threads. Tonight, I'm celebrating a victory wrapped in Maroon and White.

Wtf idiot. You are worse than the cult o Will. I didn’t say one ******* thing about the win. It was great. If you enjoy water torture.

My point was, this coaching staff does not deserve future employment REGARDLESS of how many wins MSU gets.

Charlie_Sheen420
10-21-2023, 05:34 PM
Read the room man, can’t you see we gotta find an excuse to make this W unenjoyable**

Charlie_Sheen420
10-21-2023, 05:42 PM
I?ve said it already and will again. I don?t care what the win total is, we can not afford to keep Arnett. You can not have on the job training in a league like ours especially when you are adding 2 more power teams.

Gus Malzahn just took OU to the wire with John Rice Plumlee who wasn?t even allowed to throw the ball at Mississippi. And picked up huge chunks of yards in the process.
Please tell us how we can get a coaching staff in here that is well prepared and already trained for the SEC?the only way that happens is you hire a staff that was already fired or let go by sucking in the SEC. We aren?t poaching a current SEC staff, and a P5 coach in the Big 10, Big 12, ACC etc will not translate to success in the SEC. See Bret Bielema, Jimbo, and even Brian Kelly currently is learning on the job in the SEC, past success doesn?t mean jack in this league?.we have to see if Arnett has or doesn?t and he needs time to determine that 1 year isn?t enough unless it?s 0-12 bad, so far he?s 4-3?one win behind Dan?s first year

Tater
10-21-2023, 05:43 PM
Wtf idiot. You are worse than the cult o Will. I didn’t say one ******* thing about the win. It was great. If you enjoy water torture.

My point was, this coaching staff does not deserve future employment REGARDLESS of how many wins MSU gets.

You poopooed the staff and said you don't care about win total. Again, go somewhere else. If that's what you want to immediately talk about after a Win, then you've got issues man. Take a ****ing day before you call to fire someone who won.

And then You then brought up a ****ing atrocious example who ****ing sucks. Anyone who wants Malzahn here is either an idiot or wants State to be worse than Tech and 10.

Hell go get Sam Pittman. He lost by only 3 to LSU and lost by only 3 to Bama and lost by only 4 to us and lost by only....

****ing loser. Today I'm a winner.

RocketDawg
10-21-2023, 05:47 PM

Yeah, that was a doozy.

Tater
10-22-2023, 01:02 AM
Please tell us how we can get a coaching staff in here that is well prepared and already trained for the SEC?the only way that happens is you hire a staff that was already fired or let go by sucking in the SEC. We aren?t poaching a current SEC staff, and a P5 coach in the Big 10, Big 12, ACC etc will not translate to success in the SEC. See Bret Bielema, Jimbo, and even Brian Kelly currently is learning on the job in the SEC, past success doesn?t mean jack in this league?.we have to see if Arnett has or doesn?t and he needs time to determine that 1 year isn?t enough unless it?s 0-12 bad, so far he?s 4-3?one win behind Dan?s first year

Dan inherited a shit team compared to what Arnett inherited. But today was the first time I saw "improvement" from the defense all year.

This defense and the offense against SCar can stay. I recognize that SCar was the worst defense we've faced, but that offense was trying and got screwed by refs. The defense effectively pitched a shutout. 3 drives that allowed more than 25 yards. 1 drive of more than 35. They were the 1st drive when we threw an INT. The second drive of the second half where we stymied Arky from crossing our 30 and they delay of gamed into a punt. And the last drive of the game when we played prevent.

That's hard to do against anyone, let alone an SEC opponent. Bama at Home couldn't slow Arky down that much.

Maroonthirteen
10-22-2023, 09:29 AM
Good post Tater. Finally a positive post with some actual talk of the actual game. I imagine if Wright doesn't have the run called back (bs call) that everyone is much higher on him today. And as you said, the towel grab... so close to a big day for Wright and the offense.

As for people that turn every thread into a coaching search. Let me tell you, so much can happened in the next month. We won't know how many HC jobs come open in November and therefore have no real idea of who the candidates could be. Regardless, we aren't firing ZA this year.

Also, Malzahn.... that dude isn't leaving Orlando unless it is for Fayetteville, AR and that job will be open in a few weeks.

CadaverDawg
10-22-2023, 09:55 AM
Arnett needs to stop meddling on offense. If you're going to commit to Iowa style of winning, commit fully. That 4th & 1 in our own territory can never happen again. That play not having the false start gets you fired.

Cole Smith, you were having a quality game. Then you pissed down your own leg. Idk what got into you. But don't fall in quicksand again otherwise it's 2017 / 2019 Jordan Hare. Hell in 2021 we didn't come off the bus. We cannot fall behind next week.

Shawn Preston is a dawg. He will be on an NFL roster if he keeps his effort up.

Best defensive secondary performance we've had since 2018. Yea their QB couldn't hit the broad side of a barn, but it wasn't like he was missing open over the top. He was missing covered players.

Arkansas's OLine is terrible. They were great for a get-right game for the DL/LB after getting a week to recover. Lots of stunts and exotic blitzes that caused havoc. Looked more like last year.

Offensive playcalling seemed reserved after a great play by Ark DB. But Mike Wright didn't inspire confidence even on the passes he completed (JRob with an amazing play on something that is usually picked.) The arm talent is there to throw the passes needed. But he didn't seem comfortable and we played ultra conservative. We will probably have to see what he has next week.

As I've yelled for years about guys with long hair, don't make yourself easier to tackle. The towel behind Mike Wright being pulled slowed down what would have been a 80+ yd TD run and silenced a lot of people. Put the towel in front son.

Blindside block rule was incorrectly applied. Rewarded the defense for not having their head on a swivel. Hell of a play JRob. Especially when Tulu was sleeping on it. Mike Wright lost a 60+ yd TD run on that terrible reffing the result instead of the play.

All in all, this team can win every game left on the schedule. No team is perfect murder ball. 9-3 is there. For this staff to inspire confidence in the fanbase, we need 7 wins and the Egg or 8 wins without it. There's no mid season firings going on, so that's what it will take for the fanbase to be happy.

5-7 should have us move on. But I think today bought a second year (I'm a fan, I'm taking USM for granted.)

I really want the 9-3 State vs. 11-2 Iowa Cotton Bowl. That's absolutely on the table and would be quality entertainment.

Tater, I hope like hell you're laughing at us at season's end and saying "I was the only one who believed"......bc 9-3 sounds absolutely insane, and I love it.

BrunswickDawg
10-22-2023, 10:07 AM
Tater, I hope like hell you're laughing at us at season's end and saying "I was the only one who believed"......bc 9-3 sounds absolutely insane, and I love it.

I am by no means predicting it - but the truth is UK and AU are no better than us; A&M is always ready to implode, USM is godawful, and you can rarely predict the Egg Bowl outcome. There is a path to having a strong season - the team just has to figure out how to take it.

Tater
10-22-2023, 11:01 AM

I will always believe we CAN go 9-3 until data proves that at best we can go 8-4. Then I'll believe we CAN go 8-4. I'm a blindly optimistic fan because it's more fun to do that than sit and be miserable all week. And I want the caveat that I understand some people see forward and try to predict what we WILL do. But predicting losses is never fun. I can agree that Arnett can't coach like he did today, like he did against Arizona; and still expect to win all those games. But I can also see young coach with room to grow.

Dan went from 3rd and goal pass, 4th and goal small ass QB run at the goal line and failing, to learning to just Best on Best and let your guy go beat them. Anthony Dixon would have won that game with two more touches. You're not stopping him 4 times at the 1. No one stopped Dak four times at the 1. No one stopped Fitz four times at the one. Relf got hosed in 2011 Auburn. Arnett CAN lead us to 9-3. Will he? Odds are stacked against us, but if it was easy it wouldn't feel as awesome when you complete it.

Besides, anytime sports really gets me down, I can just go put on 2021 State Natty highlights and that never gets old. I got my dose of happiness whenever I need it. Can't ever take that trophy away.

Tater
10-22-2023, 11:04 AM
I am by no means predicting it - but the truth is UK and AU are no better than us; A&M is always ready to implode, USM is godawful, and you can rarely predict the Egg Bowl outcome. There is a path to having a strong season - the team just has to figure out how to take it.

This right here. We're not playing anymore CFP teams. NY6 maybe, but we can take that away from OM if they're 9-2 and whoever has more to lose in the egg bowl usually does. When the State Auburn line comes out, people are gonna be surprised.