PDA

View Full Version : Lets get it straight

BuckyIsAB****
10-21-2023, 04:27 PM
The only reason every person on this board is not in a foaming rage is because we are so bad it saved us. Arnett and staff going for it on our own end, up by 4 when Arky could not score AFTER not going for it when it made sense and taking a delay.

Compounded by the fact that we were so bad that is saved us from being even worse. If Zavion Thomas is set, if Wright sees it and does what he is supposed to do and makes sure we are set before we snap it, we are in a huge bind. This is not a narrative this is not an opinion all of that is unarguable facts. He took the offense away from Barbay in the 2nd half. Barbay has a great reason to leave if the whole staff doesnt get canned. Arnett has formed his own country club with Schmidt and Friend. There is major friction

It is so funny how we judge some and not others and how quickly forget

Coursesuper
10-21-2023, 04:28 PM
The only reason every person on this board is not in a foaming rage is because we are so bad it saved us. Arnett and staff going for it on our own end, up by 4 when Arky could not score AFTER not going for it when it made sense and taking a delay.

Compounded by the fact that we were so bad that is saved us from being even worse. If Zavion Thomas is set, if Wright sees it and does what he is supposed to do and makes sure we are set before we snap it, we are in a huge bind. This is not a narrative this is not an opinion all of that is unarguable facts. He took the offense away from Barbay in the 2nd half. Barbay has a great reason to leave if the whole staff doesnt get canned. Arnett has formed his own country club with Schmidt and Friend. There is major friction

Yup

DownwardDawg
10-21-2023, 04:37 PM
Regardless of what 1 certain poster thinks, I'm thrilled we won. I really am. I was watching with my son and we cheered like hail. But.............you are correct. This is bad. This is really bad and disturbing. Arnett is lost. He's in way over his head.

Schultzy
10-21-2023, 04:43 PM
Bucky I’m curious as to how you know Arnett took the offense away from Barbay in the 2nd half…is this inside info or you judging it by the play calling?

Charlie_Sheen420
10-21-2023, 05:26 PM

If you are going to say that, then you have to play devils advocate, we are also a very questionable ref decision and flag that took 7 points off the board that probably would have never put us in that position to begin with…at the end of the day the defense won the damn game, enjoy the W man, I know we got problems but take the good with the bad Arnett is very green it is what it is, learn from mistakes and move on

StarkVegasSteve
10-21-2023, 05:39 PM
Bucky I’m curious as to how you know Arnett took the offense away from Barbay in the 2nd half…is this inside info or you judging it by the play calling?

Well and we have previous statements from Arnett saying he has done it already this year. And honestly, if that was Barbay changing the offense that drastically then he needs to go. I actually thought our game plan in the 1st half was decent but we just got behind the chains too much. No clue what we were doing in the second half other than going into the Stansbury Stall.

BuckyIsAB****
10-21-2023, 05:42 PM

He said on camera I do not want to throw

BuckyIsAB****
10-21-2023, 05:43 PM
If you are going to say that, then you have to play devils advocate, we are also a very questionable ref decision and flag that took 7 points off the board that probably would have never put us in that position to begin with…at the end of the day the defense won the damn game, enjoy the W man, I know we got problems but take the good with the bad Arnett is very green it is what it is, learn from mistakes and move on

They did take 7 from us for sure

defiantdog
10-21-2023, 05:44 PM
Who said we aren't in a foaming rage? I haven't read one person saying Arnett did a good job

DEDawg
10-21-2023, 05:47 PM
Arnett did horrible today and has most games this year. He is awful. Not sure anyone on this board praises him for anything more than being a great DC.

DownwardDawg
10-21-2023, 05:48 PM
They did take 7 from us for sure

It was a terrible decision by a player, not a referee. That gets called every time in todays college football. The players are coached to NOT do that.

Churchill
10-21-2023, 05:49 PM
Until Will can play again put him in the box to call the plays....and I'm being serious.

CadaverDawg
10-21-2023, 05:54 PM
That was one ugly win for sure....that being said, it is hilarious watching you post after that win. You were thinking it would be a gloating session after Wright led us to a big fat L, and although it was a hideous win, the win really F'd up your ideal scenario. Haha

You were so sure Wright would lose us the game throwing a bunch of picks so you could say "Told you so!", and Rogers would look like the Golden Boy. But instead you're having to make it about the coaches bc Wright got a W. It's really quite comical to watch.

TrapGame
10-21-2023, 06:08 PM

The only reason we won is b/c Arkansas is a bigger shit show than we are.

parabrave
10-21-2023, 06:08 PM
Hey Bucky CML came to me in a dream last night and Said Tell Bucky to let me rest in peace//

BuckyIsAB****
10-21-2023, 06:16 PM
That was one ugly win for sure....that being said, it is hilarious watching you post after that win. You were thinking it would be a gloating session after Wright led us to a big fat L, and although it was a hideous win, the win really F'd up your ideal scenario. Haha

You were so sure Wright would lose us the game throwing a bunch of picks so you could say "Told you so!", and Rogers would look like the Golden Boy. But instead you're having to make it about the coaches bc Wright got a W. It's really quite comical to watch.

You struggle with reading comprehension because I have pulled for Wright the whole way. Grow up a tad there bud. Or learn to read

BuckyIsAB****
10-21-2023, 06:18 PM
I could destroy Wright and say he threw a pick and we only had such and such yards and break down every single step of his drop like I am bill Walsh and then crush him and his family.

But I ain?t.

Mjoelner34
Well and we have previous statements from Arnett saying he has done it already this year. And honestly, if that was Barbay changing the offense that drastically then he needs to go. I actually thought our game plan in the 1st half was decent but we just got behind the chains too much. No clue what we were doing in the second half other than going into the Stansbury Stall.

Someone needs to remind Arnett how time actually works. Running the ball 3 times then punting may take more time off of the game clock than throwing 3 incompletions but it absolutely does not give your D more time to recover. Either he is that dumb or he was using coach-speak to sell a bill of goods to weak minded people. Snapping the ball deep into the play clock and getting 1st downs is how you rest your D. It has nothing to do with a conservative offense.

BuckyIsAB****
It was a terrible decision by a player, not a referee. That gets called every time in todays college football. The players are coached to NOT do that.

Quite opposite

RockyDog
10-21-2023, 06:30 PM
I could destroy Wright and say he threw a pick and we only had such and such yards and break down every single step of his drop like I am bill Walsh and then crush him and his family.

But I ain?t.

Maybe you and Wyatt can cuddle while you cry into your pillows tonight

confucius say
10-21-2023, 06:38 PM

Unarguable facts? How can you possibly know we don't get the first down?

CadaverDawg
10-21-2023, 06:41 PM
You struggle with reading comprehension because I have pulled for Wright the whole way. Grow up a tad there bud. Or learn to read

Will looked perfect with the clipboard btw. Tell him i hope he gets well soon, and I could definitely see coaching in his future.

starkvegasdawg
10-21-2023, 06:44 PM
I'm sure we've had plenty, but the number of big plays, or lack there of, in this game that would have all been game changers was hard to ignore.

1. The Wright TD run negated by what I thought was a BS call.

2. The TD by AR called back for a false start.

3. The missed chip shot FG.

4. The last gasp pass knocked down in the endzone.

DownwardDawg
10-21-2023, 06:51 PM
Quite opposite

Apparently not

BuckyIsAB****
10-21-2023, 06:51 PM
Maybe you and Wyatt can cuddle while you cry into your pillows tonight

I guess one of them took your girl or whipped your ass one night

BuckyIsAB****
10-21-2023, 06:52 PM
Unarguable facts? How can you possibly know we don't get the first down?

I dont

Mjoelner34
10-21-2023, 06:53 PM
I'm sure we've had plenty, but the number of big plays, or lack there of, in this game that would have all been game changers was hard to ignore.

1. The Wright TD run negated by what I thought was a BS call.

2. The TD by AR called back for a false start.

3. The missed chip shot FG.

4. The last gasp pass knocked down in the endzone.

5. Bad throw or not, the 3rd down throw and catch to Robinson. We don't pick that up and follow up with a 30 yard punt and that's probably ballgame.

DownwardDawg
10-21-2023, 06:54 PM

Not nearly as bad as watching 7 post today.

BuckyIsAB****
10-21-2023, 06:55 PM
But we did have ANOTHER snap issue so I was assuming the bad snap like we had on that particular play

Ranchdawg
10-21-2023, 06:59 PM
MSU Ark
Total Yards 205 200
Pass Yards 85 97
Rushing Yards 120 103
Penalty Yards 8-49 5-60
1st Downs 10 12
3rd Downs 1-10 5-17
4th Downs 0-0 1-4
TOP 28:35 31:25

Commercecomet24
10-21-2023, 07:16 PM

By rule that was not a penalty. Ref blew the call.

Coursesuper
10-21-2023, 07:23 PM

Yes, terrible call.

Maverick91
10-21-2023, 07:28 PM
The difference in the offense from the first half to the second couldn’t have been Barbay no OC worth their salt (cough Mccorvey) would have made that terrible of a game-plan decision and continued with it. I wouldn’t doubt Arnett told him to suck his thumb every time he wanted to call a pass play.

lastmajordog
10-21-2023, 07:35 PM
i?ve seen a lot of Brad P hate on here. I can tell you the fact we sat on the ball does away with any BP influence. He was the most aggressive play caller I?ve ever seen.

schddog72
10-21-2023, 07:36 PM

Then every ref in the country must not know the rule because it gets called every time it happens.

confucius say
10-21-2023, 08:54 PM
I dont

Well then you can't say it's a fact then that we would have been in a huge bind had everybody got set and we ran the play

confucius say
10-21-2023, 08:57 PM

Why was it not a blindside block?

BuckyIsAB****
10-21-2023, 09:05 PM
Well then you can't say it's a fact then that we would have been in a huge bind had everybody got set and we ran the play

I was saying given the snap that we had. Which was only about the 5th time that happened

EdwardDrayton
10-21-2023, 10:38 PM
5. Bad throw or not, the 3rd down throw and catch to Robinson. We don't pick that up and follow up with a 30 yard punt and that's probably ballgame.

Still say it was a good pass to the only spot Justin can high point the catch. Now about his decision to throw it there in coverage at all, that's another discussion

EdwardDrayton
10-21-2023, 10:48 PM

Personally thought it was a clean block at the time and still do after reviewing the rule.