PDA

View Full Version : Defense

DEDawg
10-21-2023, 03:56 PM
Any rumblings of Arnett taking play calling back on D in the bye week? I don?t see any other way we go from that mess first 6 games to giving up only 3 on the road which came from a turnover on short field. Night and day. We had to have changed something through the bye

DownwardDawg
10-21-2023, 03:59 PM
Any rumblings of Arnett taking play calling back on D in the bye week? I don?t see any other way we go from that mess first 6 games to giving up only 3 on the road which came from a turnover on short field. Night and day. We had to have changed something through the bye

I agree. The D looked great today. They played hard.

TheLostDawg
10-21-2023, 03:59 PM
He likely had more time to help prepare. Needs to turn over all duties on offense/ST and focus on defense and recruiting

msstate7
10-21-2023, 04:00 PM

I've always thought bye weeks are one of the most important measures of a coach. ZA, while being way too conservative, passes the test for me... I thought we were gonna lose for sure

DownwardDawg
10-21-2023, 04:03 PM
I've always thought bye weeks are one of the most important measures of a coach. ZA, while being way too conservative, passes the test for me... I thought we were gonna lose for sure

I would have lost my house if I were forced to bet on this game. I never thought we had a chance winning this one.

And yes, Arnett was conservative, and that's putting it nicely. Actually, he sucked today. Scared coach. But we won.

BuckyIsAB****
10-21-2023, 04:21 PM
They played harder. DL is a little healthier. Ellington played his best game. And Arkansas has quit

WSOPdawg
10-21-2023, 04:23 PM

Arnett may have taken Defense play calling back (don't know for sure) BUT this W was all thanks to the poor game plan Pittman and his coaches came up with. I'm glad we won, but Arky never truly attacked our slow secondary, and I agree that Russell, Bookie & Jett kept pressure on their QB all day long, but still it was a poor game plan... one that should get Pittman fired imo.

DownwardDawg
10-21-2023, 04:26 PM
Arnett may have taken Defense play calling back (don't know for sure) BUT this W was all thanks to the poor game plan Pittman and his coaches came up with. I'm glad we won, but Arky never truly attacked our slow secondary, and I agree that Russell, Bookie & Jett kept pressure on their QB all day long, but still it was a poor game plan... one that should get Pittman fired imo.

KJ Jefferson is terrible. Maybe that's why they didn't attack our secondary. But yeah, Pittman should be fired tonight.
I bet his wife is already house shopping. Lol

msstate7
10-21-2023, 04:28 PM
KJ Jefferson is terrible. Maybe that's why they didn't attack our secondary. But yeah, Pittman should be fired tonight.
I bet his wife is already house shopping. Lol

Ark came in avg'n 23.5 in sec games (aTm, lsu, OM, and bama)

DownwardDawg
10-21-2023, 04:31 PM
Ark came in avg'n 23.5 in sec games (aTm, lsu, OM, and bama)

So what does that mean in this thread? KJ is still terrible. Has been.
Why didn't they throw on us? Was it the pressure we put on KJ? Or have they truly quit like others have stated?

Bothrops
10-21-2023, 04:32 PM
All I know is this is the first game we've played pass defense this season. Something is different.

BuckyIsAB****
10-21-2023, 04:32 PM
Why didn't they throw on us? Was it the pressure we put on KJ? Or have they truly quit like others have stated?

He still completed a really high percentage just nothing down field.

msstate7
10-21-2023, 04:33 PM

I prefer to give our defense credit, but crediting out team seems to be like present day leprosy

BuckyIsAB****
10-21-2023, 05:42 PM
I prefer to give our defense credit, but crediting out team seems to be like present day leprosy

They definitely played a lot better and a lot harder. That in my opinion has been
Their issue all year

DEDawg
10-21-2023, 06:00 PM
I'm not buying the Arkansas is terrible angle or that we just played harder than other games. Those things probably contributed, but our guys were in position and didn't look lost. I think Arnett took something back over I just gotta hope that is permeant and not due to having a bye week.

Arnett needs to be the opposite of a CEO type coach. He should have full control of the D all game while Barbay has full control of the O and Arnett doesn't even speak to him except for halftime.

Fire Brock and get an ace recruiter. Dirty mf who just gets it done and gets 4 stars here. Let a GA be the game/clock mgmt guy who helps Arnett there while he focuses on D.

Commercecomet24
10-22-2023, 12:35 AM
I said this a couple of weeks ago when everyone was saying arky would whip us, but apparently no one else had watched arky play. Their ol is one of the worst in cfb and if Jefferson can?t create with his scrambling they don?t have much offense. I knew if we could have some semblance of offense our defense would hold them but nobody believed me. And we barely had a semblance of offense today but the defense balked out.

Tater
10-22-2023, 01:18 AM
He still completed a really high percentage just nothing down field.

61% is really high?

Also disagree that Ark quit. We wanted it more. That doesn't mean the other team quit. Frame things positively, it helps give you a better outlook on life.