PDA

View Full Version : Hail yeah, great win!!!

msstate7
10-21-2023, 02:01 PM
On the road, our D figures it out and we win with our back up. Get well soon, will.

And all this botching here... how many of y'all complaining predicted a win? That's right, shut up

CarolinaDawgs
10-21-2023, 02:02 PM
KB mad we didn?t throw it more

Lol sad boy

BuckyIsAB****
10-21-2023, 02:03 PM
Our kids look miserable

the_real_MSU_is_us
10-21-2023, 02:03 PM
On the road, our D figures it out and we win with our back up. Get well soon, will.

And all this botching here... how many of y'all complaining predicted a win? That's right, shut up

We barely beat a 1-5 team that played their worst game of the year. But sure, beat that chest

Glad ot get the win, but this changes nothing: Arnett is in way over his head, and we're best off cutting bait at the end of the year

msstate7
10-21-2023, 02:05 PM
We barely beat a 1-5 team that played their worst game of the year. But sure, beat that chest

Glad ot get the win, but this changes nothing: Arnett is in way over his head, and we're best off cutting bait at the end of the year

State -6.5, and we won. You didn't predict a win.

ZA played it way too conservative, but he got it done

Quaoarsking
10-21-2023, 02:08 PM
All SEC road wins are good wins, so I unironically agree that this is a good win.

MetEdDawg
10-21-2023, 02:08 PM
I question Arnett severely after this one and I've been a defender so far.

I have no clue what the hell he was thinking on the 4th down he went for in the 4th quarter, especially after the comment he made at the end of the 3rd. I would have gone for it down in the red zone at the end too.

I'm extremely concerned about his feel for the game as an HC.

But we did win and the defense looked like a new unit. Pollock got significantly more PT and did a great job.

defiantdog
10-21-2023, 02:09 PM
Our kids look miserable
My kids said the same thing about me just now

NCDawg
10-21-2023, 02:10 PM

I don't doubt Arkansas was tired after their brutal schedule, but it was a great win for us. The team played hard and deserved the win.

Santiago
10-21-2023, 02:12 PM
Great win against a team with 6 straight losses. We showed them.
That is MSU blue collar football ***

The offense - Do they get a nickname now for the OC and HC's offense?? The Peterbone? Barbone?

the_real_MSU_is_us
10-21-2023, 02:14 PM
I don't doubt Arkansas was tired after their brutal schedule, but it was a great win for us. The team played hard and deserved the win.

The team played hard

Our coaches suck and we're best off replacing them at the end of the season

These statements can both be true

the_real_MSU_is_us
10-21-2023, 02:16 PM
State -6.5, and we won. You didn't predict a win.

ZA played it way too conservative, but he got it done

Dude we "got it done" because our WR false started on a bad snap scoop and score!

We played bad. Arky played worse. I'm glad we won, but I will not confuse the other team sucking with us turning a corner

Did I predict us to lose? Yes. Was i wrong? yes- but because I thought Arky would play better, not because State outperformed my expectations

msstate7
10-21-2023, 02:17 PM
Ohio state is up 13-6 in a top 10 matchup. We won without our starting qb. Anyone mad after this win just wants to be mad

Maroonthirteen
10-21-2023, 02:18 PM
Huge win! We are about to turn this thing around. Hail State!!!

Santiago
10-21-2023, 02:20 PM
Ohio state is up 13-6 in a top 10 matchup. We won without our starting qb. Anyone mad after this win just wants to be mad

No one is mad about a win, so don't spin that BS here.
Big difference in that v. people posting frustrated at the pathetic offense....when we have been having so much sunshine about how much better MSU football will be once we got a better offensive scheme.
We can both enjoy the win, and call out the regression on offense.

It is that crap that has people calling out the fact we are worse .

msstate7
10-21-2023, 02:20 PM
Just a reminder to all the cry babies that want style points... most predicted a loss, including Vegas..:

https://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread.php?98550-Week-8-Prediction-Thread-Just-Do-Not-Put-It-In-The-Mashed-Potatoes-Edition

the_real_MSU_is_us
10-21-2023, 02:21 PM

I can be mad at 3 straight false starts at our own 1. I can be mad that a false start saved the game for us. I can be mad at Arnett meddling in the offense AGAIN and his awful 4th down decision making.

I can also be glad we won.

If you can't, that say more about your mental capacity than it does mine

Santiago
10-21-2023, 02:22 PM
I can be mad at 3 straight false starts at our own 1. I can be mad that a false start saved the game for us. I can be mad at Arnett meddling in the offense AGAIN and his awful 4th down decision making.

According to MSState7 you cannot be upset at the glaring issues we have and have any concern moving forward.

msstate7
10-21-2023, 02:23 PM
No one is mad about a win, so don't spin that BS here.
Big difference in that v. people posting frustrated at the pathetic offense....when we have been having so much sunshine about how much better MSU football will be once we got a better offensive scheme.

If you can't see that ZA put the clamps on barbay at half, I can't help you. ZA played too conservative, but he won. Bet you weren't mad when when we beat OM last year even though the defense won it

msstate7
10-21-2023, 02:24 PM

We won a game no one thought we would with our backup qb on the road. Be mad... even though you didn't think we'd win

EdwardDrayton
10-21-2023, 02:27 PM
You may be drinking a 'great' bourbon but would not characterize that as a great win. But we'll take a win any way we can get it.

the_real_MSU_is_us
10-21-2023, 02:27 PM
If you can't see that ZA put the clamps on barbay at half, I can't help you. ZA played too conservative, but he won. Bet you weren't mad when when we beat OM last year even though the defense won it

1) OM last year is a much better team than this Arky tea, it's not apples to apples.

2) the fact our defensive minded HC micromanages the O for the worse should be a HUGE red flag to you, not a footnote to overlook because the final score ended in our favor.

Again, I will not applaud Arnett for the win anymore thna I'll applaud Thomas for the false start that removed the scoop and score, which -unlike Arnett's offensive meddling- actually did save the game

msugolf
10-21-2023, 02:28 PM
We won a game no one thought we would with our backup qb on the road. Be mad... even though you didn't think we'd win

How much is Coach34 paying you to do this?

Santiago
10-21-2023, 02:29 PM

I thought on this board that Wright is our True starting QB because he is mobile, and that was all Barbay and Arnett needed to really kick this offense in gear?

the_real_MSU_is_us
10-21-2023, 02:30 PM

Oh my gosh, what do we care about?

1) state football, or 2) Me being wrong in predicting a L?

If 2) I don't give an F. I'm an idiot, lol at me.

If 1) though, if we actually care about State football, that game was awful for us, not a positive sign for the future

msstate7
10-21-2023, 02:30 PM
I thought on this board that Wright is our True starting QB because he is mobile, and that was all Barbay and Arnett needed to really kick this offense in gear?

This board also predicted we'd lose, and then gets mad when we win. This board is full of idiots. Will woulda made this an easy win

R2Dawg
10-21-2023, 02:32 PM
Our kids look miserable

AR cult is miserable because we won without the AR or Will. Dude give it a rest quit the negative narrative.

R2Dawg
10-21-2023, 02:34 PM

If 1) though, if we actually care about State football, that game was awful for us, not a positive sign for the future

Plenty of time to complain later on an L. Yes we were not as sharp as we want need to be but enjoy the win today. We'll tear it down all week.

Coursesuper

That game was awful from every perspective. We won the game due to a false start penalty, let that soak in.

msstate7

34-31 lsu
34-23 aTm
24-21 bama
7-3 state

Hmmm... all the other (RANkED teams) gave up more points, and we won by more than 2 of them

the_real_MSU_is_us
10-21-2023, 02:35 PM

1) Nobody really said Wright was better, just that we wanted to see him play because Will ain't it.

2) nobody had faith Barbay would use Wright correctly. He hasn't all year. Nobody has made the claim Barbay would be great with Wright

3) Wright vs Will is more about the other teams DL: If the other team has a bad DL WIll is the better option, as we can block for him. If the other team has a good DL, WIll won't have time to throw and the RBs wont have room to run so Wrights ability to escape makes him the better option. Today was a game Will would have been better. LSU and Arizona Wright would have been better

the_real_MSU_is_us
10-21-2023, 02:41 PM
34-31 lsu
34-23 aTm
24-21 bama
7-3 state

Hmmm... all the other (RANkED teams) gave up more points, and we won by more than 2 of them

Do you honestly think we have a better defense than Bama?

Santiago
10-21-2023, 02:41 PM
AR cult is miserable because we won without the AR or Will. Dude give it a rest quit the negative narrative.

You are also using a very lazy narrative saying "the AR cult". That was started on the board to diminish anyone criticizing the current coaching staff. So give it a rest also.

the_real_MSU_is_us
10-21-2023, 02:43 PM

I've been calling for Wright to get playing I've over Will since SE LA. YOu honestly think the lack of Will is the reason I'm upset?

msstate7
10-21-2023, 02:43 PM
Do you honestly think we have a better defense than Bama?
All I know is you need is you're crying about us beating ark worse than bama and OM did at home

EdwardDrayton
10-21-2023, 02:46 PM
This board also predicted we'd lose, and then gets mad when we win. This board is full of idiots. Will woulda made this an easy win

34? Is that you? What have you done with 7?

Santiago
10-21-2023, 02:46 PM
1) Nobody really said Wright was better, just that we wanted to see him play because Will ain't it.

2) nobody had faith Barbay would use Wright correctly. He hasn't all year. Nobody has made the claim Barbay would be great with Wright

3) Wright vs Will is more about the other teams DL: If the other team has a bad DL WIll is the better option, as we can block for him. If the other team has a good DL, WIll won't have time to throw and the RBs wont have room to run so Wrights ability to escape makes him the better option. Today was a game Will would have been better. LSU and Arizona Wright would have been better

2. Coach34 had faith.....why didn't we ? ***
3. I read Coach34 say this week Will would be better in a lower tier team, and now we are about to really see what our offense can do.

What will be the spin tomorrow?

Leroy Jenkins
10-21-2023, 02:47 PM
At least it won't take long to watch the highlights.

EdwardDrayton
10-21-2023, 02:52 PM
At least it won't take long to watch the highlights.

Chris Berman's Fastest Three Seconds!?!??

was21
10-21-2023, 02:53 PM
Well, Arnett did what JWS hardly ever did when he was corch at State...going into Fayetteville and coming out with a W.

the_real_MSU_is_us
10-21-2023, 03:00 PM
All I know is you need is you're crying about us beating ark worse than bama and OM did at home

If I'm "crying" then you're sunshine pumping

All I'm saying is that Arky played awful and so did we. again, the fact is our awful play (Thomas not getting set on the edge) erased and even more awful play (bad snap that arky recovered for a TD) and that's why we won.

I freely say the D played much better this game. But you seem to be unwilling to state how awful the awful parts are or admit Arky played like crap, you just want to wash over it all with the word "win". That's Sunshine Pumpin if there ever was

BuckyIsAB****
10-21-2023, 03:00 PM

It?s not a narrative it?s the truth.

If you knew anything youd know it. Ask around you dont have to believe me I dont care. But I know a little

TrapGame
10-21-2023, 03:06 PM
7 be like:

https://capitalbooksonk.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/lipstick_on_a_pig.jpg

R2Dawg
10-21-2023, 03:14 PM
It?s not a narrative it?s the truth.

If you knew anything youd know it. Ask around you dont have to believe me I dont care. But I know a little

AR sucked, yes it is a narrative which means it ain't true. We ain't good right now but we are reaping the Leach system harvest right now with talent deficiencies all over the place.

Santiago
10-21-2023, 03:16 PM
Missouri up 14-0 in first QTR over South Carolina.....Was South Carolina the team a few weeks ago I was reading on here that we are good on offense because of their defense against Bama?
So much spin this year for this staff it is pathetic.

BuckyIsAB****
10-21-2023, 03:16 PM
AR sucked, yes it is a narrative which means it ain't true. We ain't good right now but we are reaping the Leach system harvest right now with talent deficiencies all over the place.

We had talent in August. Expirenced talent. What had happened

Santiago
10-21-2023, 03:18 PM

sure. ok then.

CaptainObvious
10-21-2023, 03:21 PM
Just a reminder to all the cry babies that want style points... most predicted a loss, including Vegas..:

https://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread.php?98550-Week-8-Prediction-Thread-Just-Do-Not-Put-It-In-The-Mashed-Potatoes-Edition

Haha! Look at all this score predictions in the 30?s, 40?s, and 50?s. Even a couple of totals in the 60?s.

Actual score Just shows both teams are Vandy bad!

msstate7
10-21-2023, 03:24 PM
Haha! Look at all this score predictions in the 30?s, 40?s, and 50?s. Even a couple of totals in the 60?s.

Actual score Just shows both teams are Vandy bad!

If we won 27-23, it would be considered good. Strange to me that the same point differential is bad bc the defenses dominated

662dawg
10-21-2023, 03:26 PM

No he wouldn't have. He would have been sacked 10 times today. Likely had a fumble and a couple of pics for throwing scared. Better play calling would have made this an easier win today. It was there for the taking & we decided to start taking a knee the series after the touchdown.

Santiago
10-21-2023, 03:28 PM
If we won 27-23, it would be considered good. Strange to me that the same point differential is bad bc the defenses dominated

Mostly because when we lost each game this season , those pointing to progress was "look at how many points we scored though".

Coursesuper
10-21-2023, 03:30 PM

But it wasn?t, It was 7-3 and it was a shitshow. An absolutely horrendous display of football that MS State came out on the good end of. It was just bad football on both sides.

msstate7
10-21-2023, 03:31 PM
But it wasn?t, It was 7-3 and it was a shitshow. An absolutely horrendous display of football that MS State came out on the good end of. It was just bad football on both sides.

+4 is +4. Cry harder

Political Hack
10-21-2023, 03:34 PM
Thankfully we jumped early and got that false start penalty... Defense played well, although both offenses were anemic.

Our only scoring drive took 6 touches by Marks (9 plays total) and a 15 yard personal foul... Despite the defense holding all day. I said before that Arkansas may be the only game that we win, but after seeing the secondary not get torched today I think we can play well enough defensively to make Auburn interesting. I think we need that one to keep the bowl streak alive, which is the only thing we're really playing for this year.

Coursesuper
10-21-2023, 03:43 PM
+4 is +4. Cry harder

Not crying, just don?t piss down my back and tell me it?s raining. I know shite when I see it. You and others gaslighting this horseshit as a good thing are why we are what we are and always will be.

DownwardDawg
10-21-2023, 03:44 PM
I'm thrilled we won!!! I was yelling afterwards!!! Any Sec win is big, especially a road win!!!

Now with that said, we absolutely suck. Arkansas couldn't have tried harder to lose that game. Wright couldn't throw the ball into the water if he was standing on the beach at high tide. Arnett is completely lost. I'm embarrassed at how pitiful his coaching has been.

Hopefully Will gets better real soon. I couldn't wait to see us play this morning just to see the offense. We looked pitiful on offense.

DownwardDawg
10-21-2023, 03:45 PM
7 be like:

Hahahahaha!!!!! Outstanding!!!

msstate7
10-21-2023, 03:45 PM
Not crying, just don?t piss down my back and tell me it?s raining. I know shite when I see it. You and others gaslighting this horseshit as a good thing are why we are what we are and always will be.

Again, no one thought we were winning this game, and yet, we did. I will enjoy an unexpected win. If you choose to be mad, your choice... don't kick your dog though

DownwardDawg
10-21-2023, 03:48 PM
Thankfully we jumped early and got that false start penalty... Defense played well, although both offenses were anemic.

Our only scoring drive took 6 touches by Marks (9 plays total) and a 15 yard personal foul... Despite the defense holding all day. I said before that Arkansas may be the only game that we win, but after seeing the secondary not get torched today I think we can play well enough defensively to make Auburn interesting. I think we need that one to keep the bowl streak alive, which is the only thing we're really playing for this year.
I think there were 2 15 yard penalties on that drive. They gave us 30 yards.

msstate7
10-21-2023, 03:50 PM
I think there were 2 15 yard penalties on that drive. They gave us 30 yards.

You sound like an ark fan justifying a loss

DownwardDawg
10-21-2023, 03:51 PM
Again, no one thought we were winning this game, and yet, we did. I will enjoy an unexpected win. If you choose to be mad, your choice... don't kick your dog though

Nobody is mad that we won. Remember the 3-2 game? Were you at that game? I'll never forget the look on the Auburn fans faces as they left. That's how we feel right now. Yay. We won. I hope we look better next week.

DownwardDawg
10-21-2023, 03:52 PM
You sound like an ark fan justifying a loss

No. You're just having fun trolling today. You know I was replying to Hack about penalty yards

Really Clark?
10-21-2023, 03:57 PM
Nobody is mad that we won. Remember the 3-2 game? Were you at that game? I'll never forget the look on the Auburn fans faces as they left. That's how we feel right now. Yay. We won. I hope we look better next week.

I was at that game. I was miserable after that loss. I will say is missing FG's from both teams made it feel worse to me that game than this game.

Coursesuper
10-21-2023, 03:57 PM

Wow, what a spectacular lack of vision, I?m am so glad that I don?t live in your very very small world.

msstate7
10-21-2023, 03:58 PM
Wow, what a spectacular lack of vision, I?m am so glad that I don?t live in your very very small world.

Your world of doom and gloom seems much more enjoyable.

Todd4State
10-21-2023, 04:28 PM

LOL. If Leach was still our coach you would be putting up every stat about the offense being bad and how we need to hire Dave 17ing Clawson.

msstate7
10-21-2023, 04:30 PM
LOL. If Leach was still our coach you would be putting up every stat about the offense being bad and how we need to hire Dave 17ing Clawson.

If leach were the coach, you'd be happy with the win

Quaoarsking
10-21-2023, 04:33 PM
Obviously we played like shit on offense and got lucky as a team, but who cares? We got an SEC win on the road. Those are never easy.

I'm about as far from "pro-Arnett" as anyone on this board, but I'll still enjoy the win.

msstate7
10-21-2023, 04:35 PM
Obviously we played like shit on offense and got lucky as a team, but who cares? We got an SEC win on the road. Those are never easy.

I'm about as far from "pro-Arnett" as anyone on this board, but I'll still enjoy the win.

It's stupid to not be happy. We were a td dog with our backup qb that just had our best defensive performance of the year. We earned that win

LC Dawg
10-21-2023, 04:44 PM
Everyone: There is no way Mississippi State beats Arkansas unless State's backup qb shows out.

State's qb doesn't show out but State wins.

State fans: Yeah, but.

Why can't we just enjoy our first SEC win?

msstate7
10-21-2023, 04:45 PM
Everyone: There is no way Mississippi State beats Arkansas unless State's backup qb shows out.

State's qb doesn't show out but State wins.

State fans: Yeah, but.

Why can't we just enjoy our first SEC win?

^^^^

Turfdawg67
10-21-2023, 05:00 PM
7 be like:

Lol! Rep given... and a true statement.

Turfdawg67
10-21-2023, 05:04 PM
Croom beat a ranked team in his first year... doesn't mean he was good coach or that we had turned a corner. This staff is horrible. Glad we won, maybe we can find one more SEC win and keep the bowl streak alive.

99jc
10-21-2023, 05:06 PM
i just watched the game....i just don't see what the bitching is about this game should have been 17-3. still a win at Fayetteville!

Charlie_Sheen420
10-21-2023, 05:21 PM
i just watched the game....i just don't see what the bitching is about this game should have been 17-3. still a win at Fayetteville!
It’s from people with various agendas…there are some that just want us to look like absolute crap if 1 player isn’t playing so they can say I told you so etc and then there are some hell bent on saying if we don’t run the air raid we can’t have any success. I’m not Arnett’s biggest fan, we definitely have issues, but to put it in perspective, this is his first year as a head coach and in the SEC at that, we are gonna have growing pains just like we would if we had a freshman qb out there. At the end of the day you live and learn and you take the W and look for improvement next week. Our defense finally showed up, I’ll take that as a sign of improvement week to week, now we just gotta get all 3 phases clicking. As much as people want to hate on Arnett…he’s 1 win away from equaling Mullen’s 5-7 first year record here….and I know people are going to say you can’t compare the 2…at the end of the day all I care about is Ws and Ls

Bothrops
10-21-2023, 05:21 PM
We won despite a horrible decision from the top, a pick, and a missed field goal while on the road.

DownwardDawg
10-21-2023, 05:22 PM

It's an absolute huge win!!! Huge for the program. We may get to a bowl game which would be great.

DownwardDawg
10-21-2023, 05:25 PM
It’s from people with various agendas…there are some that just want us to look like absolute crap if 1 player isn’t playing so they can say I told you so etc and then there are some hell bent on saying if we don’t run the air raid we can’t have any success. I’m not Arnett’s biggest fan, we definitely have issues, but to put it in perspective, this is his first year as a head coach and in the SEC at that, we are gonna have growing pains just like we would if we had a freshman qb out there. At the end of the day you live and learn and you take the W and look for improvement next week. Our defense finally showed up, I’ll take that as a sign of improvement week to week, now we just gotta get all 3 phases clicking. As much as people want to hate on Arnett…he’s 1 win away from equaling Mullen’s 5-7 first year record here….and I know people are going to say you can’t compare the 2…at the end of the day all I care about is Ws and Ls
Your first sentence is way off. I'm not an air raid fan. I like Will but I want the best QB to play. We looked like crap today. Our HC is absolutely lost. Some of us are thrilled we won but we saw some major problems today, especially from the HC.

msstate7
10-21-2023, 05:29 PM
Your first sentence is way off. I'm not an air raid fan. I like Will but I want the best QB to play. We looked like crap today. Our HC is absolutely lost. Some of us are thrilled we won but we saw some major problems today, especially from the HC.

Pittman has won 16 game the last 2 years entering this season. ZA won on pittman's home field... guve credit where it due - nice win, ZA

the_real_MSU_is_us
10-21-2023, 05:36 PM

You must have been VERY happy with Moorheads first season

the_real_MSU_is_us
10-21-2023, 05:36 PM
Pittman has won 16 game the last 2 years entering this season. ZA won on pittman's home field... guve credit where it due - nice win, ZA

Pittman is about to be fired lol

the_real_MSU_is_us
10-21-2023, 05:38 PM

I don't want us to look bad without Will, and I don't want us to run the AR. Arnett isn't the man for the job, end of story. You could see it with JoMo and you can see it with Arnett

TrapGame
10-21-2023, 05:46 PM
I don't want us to look bad without Will, and I don't want us to run the AR. Arnett isn't the man for the job, end of story. You could see it with JoMo and you can see it with Arnett

EXACTLY!

I'm glad we won but we are not out of the haunted house yet. We still have some really bad coaching on this team in all three stages.

Can we win another SEC game or two? Sure! We can beat AU or UK. It's possible, but also means we need to see some better coaching and I don't think that's going to happen.

Charlie_Sheen420
10-21-2023, 05:50 PM
I can definitely see some similarities absolutely but what JoMo did with that 2018 team is criminal, Arnett hasn’t been that bad. I’ve seen flashes and some improvements with Arnett but of course some stupid things as well. With JoMo I feel like we got worse every game, with Arnett I don’t feel that way, not yet anyways. I’m not saying he’s great but i still think it’s too early to call but I see the signs of concern. With JoMo in year 2 it was clear he wasn’t improving or changing anything for the better

TrapGame
10-21-2023, 06:00 PM
I can definitely see some similarities absolutely but what JoMo did with that 2018 team is criminal, Arnett hasn’t been that bad. I’ve seen flashes and some improvements with Arnett but of course some stupid things as well. With JoMo I feel like we got worse every game, with Arnett I don’t feel that way, not yet anyways. I’m not saying he’s great but i still think it’s too early to call but I see the signs of concern. With JoMo in year 2 it was clear he wasn’t improving or changing anything for the better

You make some good points. Arnett will be accessed at the end of the season, if he's 5-7 we'll probably move on. If he's 6-6 or better he's got another year.

TALL DAWG
10-21-2023, 09:51 PM
Our D Played great and made the Hogs look back today. Have u every thought about this game from this angle?

the_real_MSU_is_us
10-21-2023, 10:06 PM
Our D Played great and made the Hogs look back today. Have u every thought about this game from this angle?

We certainly played better today on D. But look objectively at Arkys play and it's clear they were awful. Like take Bookie- had 2 sacks today. That's great, but in the previous 4 P5 games this year had he gotten anywhere near that level of pressure on his blitzes? No. So did Watson just decide to play more physical today than he had all year? or did Arkansas OL just play worse vs him than the previous P5 OLs? And look at KJ- he made a few decent runs, but nothing that wowed you. And his throws were abysmal, literally worse than Fitz accuracy wise. Even if you say our DL got in his head, we've seen QBs from SE LA still make better throws. There's zero excuse for his passing

Arky O played terrible. Our D played better. We'll see next week to what extent our D has turned a corner. Hard to tell right now

Todd4State
10-21-2023, 10:15 PM
We certainly played better today on D. But look objectively at Arkys play and it's clear they were awful. Like take Bookie- had 2 sacks today. That's great, but in the previous 4 P5 games this year had he gotten anywhere near that level of pressure on his blitzes? No. So did Watson just decide to play more physical today than he had all year? or did Arkansas OL just play worse vs him than the previous P5 OLs? And look at KJ- he made a few decent runs, but nothing that wowed you. And his throws were abysmal, literally worse than Fitz accuracy wise. Even if you say our DL got in his head, we've seen QBs from SE LA still make better throws. There's zero excuse for his passing

Arky O played terrible. Our D played better. We'll see next week to what extent our D has turned a corner. Hard to tell right now

My hope is that the Zach Arnett took over the defense theory is true.

EdwardDrayton
10-21-2023, 10:19 PM
My hope is that the Zach Arnett took over the defense theory is true.

Certainly seems plausible.