PDA

View Full Version : That was 3-2 Bad

Leeshouldveflanked
10-21-2023, 02:00 PM
But HailState!

PMDawg
10-21-2023, 02:05 PM
If there was any doubt this was Croom 2.0, there's the proof. This was his 3-2 game. At least we won this one.

the_real_MSU_is_us
10-21-2023, 02:13 PM
Nah, 7 says this game proves the haters wrong!

Anyone that watched that game and thinks "State is turning it around!" is insane. That was 90% Arky sucking and 10% our D playing hard. Even the whole "We won with the backup QB" thing, our QB outplayed KJ so even looking at that position in a vacuum it was Arky sucking more than us playing good

Awful 4th down decisions. Awful playcalling after the 1st Q. Can't snap a football. False start by our own WR saved the game. Punting was terrible. FG missed a chip shot. Defense played good but KJ missed a looooot of throws and Arky OL missed a loooot of assignments.

Hot Rock
10-21-2023, 02:18 PM
Glad I didn?t watch all of it. I guess I am out on Arnett after today. I saw the end and at 4-1 with a big running QB you don?t go get it? The game is too big for him. I would hire him tomorrow for a DC but that call says it all to me. Playing not to lose sucks!

EdwardDrayton
10-21-2023, 02:25 PM
Yes. Yes it was. But it's the same 'W' on the books as 59-0.

msstate7
10-21-2023, 02:25 PM

Anyone that watched that game and thinks "State is turning it around!" is insane. That was 90% Arky sucking and 10% our D playing hard. Even the whole "We won with the backup QB" thing, our QB outplayed KJ so even looking at that position in a vacuum it was Arky sucking more than us playing good

Awful 4th down decisions. Awful playcalling after the 1st Q. Can't snap a football. False start by our own WR saved the game. Punting was terrible. FG missed a chip shot. Defense played good but KJ missed a looooot of throws and Arky OL missed a loooot of assignments.

Name the sec teams that have won with a backup on the road the last few years

Santiago
10-21-2023, 02:26 PM
More appreciation for the system we previously ran with lesser talent.
Arkansas has lost 6 straight games this season. No one can spin this any other way.

Todd4State
10-21-2023, 02:27 PM
From Air Raid to Iowa. Great job Mississippi State.**

msstate7
10-21-2023, 02:28 PM
More appreciation for the system we previously ran with lesser talent.
Arkansas has lost 6 straight games this season. No one can spin this any other way.

34-31 lsu
34-23 aTm
24-21 bama
7-3 state

Hmmm... all the other (RANkED teams) gave up more points, and we won by more than 2 of them

R2Dawg
10-21-2023, 02:38 PM
34-31 lsu
34-23 aTm
24-21 bama
7-3 state

Hmmm... all the other (RANkED teams) gave up more points, and we won by more than 2 of them
Interesting. D stepped up and we had a good gameplan on D. Preston is an All SEC Safety

RiverCityDawg
10-21-2023, 02:38 PM
There were more combined total yards in the 3-2 game. At least we were on the winning side this time.

LC Dawg
10-21-2023, 02:45 PM
FFS people. A 7-3 road win with a backup qb is not the same as a 3-2 home loss. I'm not thrilled with the offense today but some of you need to go back and watch replays of the McCorvey offenses.

msstate7
10-21-2023, 02:45 PM
FFS people. A 7-3 win with a backup qb is not the same as a 3-2 loss. I'm not thrilled with the offense today but some of you need to go back and watch replays of the McCorvey offenses.

This board is full of idiots. The same ones crying thought we were gonna lose. ZA played waaaaaayyy too conservative, but he won. Be happy, you dumb fricks

Liverpooldawg
10-21-2023, 02:53 PM
No it wasn't. We won this one and the offense DID manage one score.

Really Clark?
10-21-2023, 02:55 PM
Most are just butt hurt that we won't go 4-8 now, like they were predicting and hoping for.

Arnett is not doing himself any favors. He needs to let Barbay run the offense and not checking it too early in games. He can't keep doing that and expect to get to 6 wins. But we just need 1 more SEC win and they all know firing him at 6-6 (7-6 in his career) is not going to happen.

The defense played like nothing they have all year. Obvious that the players weren't even close to quitting on the season.

Santiago
10-21-2023, 02:56 PM
This board is full of idiots. The same ones crying thought we were gonna lose. ZA played waaaaaayyy too conservative, but he won. Be happy, you dumb fricks

What I read this week was Will should go play at Western Kentucky....now I read that his absence today is why we did not do as well.

Santiago
10-21-2023, 02:58 PM
Most are just butt hurt that we won't go 4-8 now, like they were predicting and hoping for.

Arnett is not doing himself any favors. He needs to let Barbay run the offense and not checking it too early in games. He can't keep doing that and expect to get to 6 wins. But we just need 1 more SEC win and they all know firing him at 6-6 (7-6 in his career) is not going to happen.

The defense played like nothing they have all year. Obvious that the players weren't even close to quitting on the season.

I hear you on this, but our offense made plenty of mistakes on their own without anything from Arnett.
That 3rd down throw from our own 2....good grief we were lucky there. 3 hog defenders in the area. Doubt Arnett wanted that play.
So did Arnett say he asked the OC to call it conservative in the second half or is that the defenders of the staff saying that?

Santiago
10-21-2023, 03:00 PM
Rocket was out for Arkansas also. If we are going to make excuses for not having a starter, then it goes both ways. Rocket makes a difference in a game.

Tater
10-21-2023, 03:01 PM

4th down decisions were idiotic. Go for the first one. Just punt the 4th & 4 now that you've committed to conservative and don't dilly dally getting off the field. The 3rd one was stupid. Go watch Iowa if you want to replicate Iowa. Ferentz would never.

Mike Wright needs to not have towel behind him, have it in front. He'd suck at flag football.

Refs need to ref the rules and not the result (crack back block was clean).

Ferrie needs to shake that off. Maybe we needed to take a delay of game there.

Wright didn't show me much ability to read a defense. We can't get into must pass situations otherwise we're gonna get picked a lot. JRob made a great play but man that was a scary ball.

All in all, HC gets a C- from me. Defense gets an A++. Offense gets a B-. I think we had 7 stolen from us, so 17 points is a B- with a backup.

And Cole Smith better hold his water next week cause Jordan Hare is worse. Especially energized off of beating Lane tonight.

the_real_MSU_is_us
10-21-2023, 03:02 PM

Name me the backup QBs that played better than the opponent's starter? Wright was the best QB today. That isnt our team overcoming adversity of having the starter out, it was Arky's QB being awful.

We played better vs SC than we did today.

the_real_MSU_is_us
10-21-2023, 03:08 PM

I want State to win, but I understand that actually being a good team will lead to those wins. Wins are the result of being good. Sometimes you play good but get unlucky and lose, sometimes you play awful but get lucky and win (us today).

You see the final score and are happy. I watched the game and saw an HC in way over his head that micromanaged the offense and cant keep up with the flow of the game. Again, a WR not being set is objectively one of the plays what won us this game. We will not win another SEC game unless we play better, and Arnett isn't the man for the job long term. So no, this "dumb frick" isn't happy at the state of our program. The fact you can be happy right now is only because you aren't looking at the long term situation

TrapGame
10-21-2023, 03:15 PM
I want State to win, but I understand that actually being a good team will lead to those wins. Wins are the result of being good. Sometimes you play good but get unlucky and lose, sometimes you play awful but get lucky and win (us today).

You see the final score and are happy. I watched the game and saw an HC in way over his head that micromanaged the offense and cant keep up with the flow of the game. Again, a WR not being set is objectively one of the plays what won us this game. We will not win another SEC game unless we play better, and Arnett isn't the man ofr the job long term. So now, this "dumb frick" isn't happy at the state of our program. The fact you can be happy right now is only because you aren't looking at the long term situation

Yes, we still suck. Anyone trying to spin this as some fantastic road win has an agenda or is a moron.

msstate7
10-21-2023, 03:20 PM
Yes, we still suck. Anyone trying to spin this as some fantastic road win has an agenda or is a moron.

"Arkansas is bad but we're worse.

Hogs 45
Dogs 21"

Trapdog

https://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread.php?98550-Week-8-Prediction-Thread-Just-Do-Not-Put-It-In-The-Mashed-Potatoes-Edition

Really Clark?
10-21-2023, 03:21 PM
I hear you on this, but our offense made plenty of mistakes on their own without anything from Arnett.
That 3rd down throw from our own 2....good grief we were lucky there. 3 hog defenders in the area. Doubt Arnett wanted that play.
So did Arnett say he asked the OC to call it conservative in the second half or is that the defenders of the staff saying that?

The play calling was noticeably different. Even after the interception we were still running more open. 8 of Wrights 12 passes happened in the first quarter and in the TD drive. You also saw Arnett say in the game, don't throw it. We can't afford to be that conservative that early in our games going forward.

RocketDawg
10-21-2023, 03:23 PM

It wasn't a fantastic win, but given our season so far, it was still pretty good. Everything is relative.

msstate7
10-21-2023, 03:23 PM
The play calling was noticeably different. Even after the interception we were still running more open. 8 of Wrights 12 passes happened in the first quarter and in the TD drive. You also saw Arnett say in the game, don't throw it. We can't afford to be that conservative that early in our games going forward.

I certainly thought ZA was too conservative, but he got the win. I don't think he should make a habit of that, but it was most definitely him, not barbay

CaptainObvious
10-21-2023, 03:26 PM

If false start penalties were Declinable, Arkansas wins. In other words our inept offense screwed up again and it worked to OUR advantage. That is this State team in a nutshell.

the_real_MSU_is_us
10-21-2023, 03:27 PM
"Arkansas is bad but we're worse.

Hogs 45
Dogs 21"

Trapdog

https://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread.php?98550-Week-8-Prediction-Thread-Just-Do-Not-Put-It-In-The-Mashed-Potatoes-Edition

"ooooh someone was WRONG lol hey everyone come over here and laugh at the IDIOT that was WRONG lololol all his points can be ignored because he incorrectly predicted the final score of a football game"

AGAIN, do we care about 1) the state of State football, or 2) gloating over people being wrong?

If 2), go ahead and keep calling people out like it matters. If 1), then what we saw on the field should not make anyone happy.

CaptainObvious
10-21-2023, 03:28 PM
Yes. Yes it was. But it's the same 'W' on the books as 59-0.

Yep just like our 72-0 loss to Houston 3 decades ago was just a loss. 😳

msstate7
10-21-2023, 03:29 PM
"ooooh someone was WRONG lol hey everyone come over here and laugh at the IDIOT that was WRONG lololol all his points can be ignored because he incorrectly predicted the final score of a football game"

AGAIN, do we care about 1) the state of State football, or 2) gloating over people being wrong?

If 2), go ahead and keep calling people out like it matters. If 1), then what we saw on the field should not make anyone happy.

No one thought we'd be 4-3 yesterday, and yet, we are.

msstate7
10-21-2023, 03:30 PM
If false start penalties were Declinable, Arkansas wins. In other words our inept offense screwed up again and it worked to OUR advantage. That is this State team in a nutshell.

It's never been declinable. Cry harder

Really Clark?
10-21-2023, 03:35 PM

That's an irrelevant statement. False starts have never been declinable.

the_real_MSU_is_us
10-21-2023, 03:36 PM

Your comment has nothing to do with what I said.

Answer these questions:

1) what's you're prediction for the rest of our SEC games?

2) do you think Arnett is the man for the job long term?

msstate7
10-21-2023, 03:37 PM
That's an irrelevant statement. False starts have never been declinable.

Besides the fact that false starts are seen by other olinemen, so what happens after them aren't what would have necessarily have happened without it

msstate7
10-21-2023, 03:38 PM
Your comment has nothing to do with what I said.

Answer these questions:

1) what's you're prediction for the rest of our SEC games?

2) do you think Arnett is the man for the job long term?

6-6

I have no idea what ZA will do long term, but I thought he was a disaster before this game. He has given me pause after today by winning a game he wasn't supposed to. I will enjoy this win instead of crying about it

the_real_MSU_is_us
10-21-2023, 03:42 PM
6-6

I have no idea what ZA will do long term, but I thought he was a disaster before this game. He has given me pause after today by winning a game he wasn't supposed to. I will enjoy this win instead of crying about it

Again you're acting like all Ws and all Ls are the same.

They aren't. You can win but still play at a disconcertingly awful level, like us today. And you can loose a close game to a good team and feel good about the future of the team.

We won, that's great. But we played like crap and that shouldn't make you feel good about Arnett going forward

msstate7
10-21-2023, 03:47 PM
Again you're acting like all Ws and all Ls are the same.

They aren't. You can win but still play at a disconcertingly awful level, like us today. And you can loose a close game to a good team and feel good about the future of the team.

We won, that's great. But we played like crap and that shouldn't make you feel good about Arnett going forward

Ark -6.5

We weren't supposed to win, but we did.

TheLostDawg
10-21-2023, 04:02 PM

I don't think that's a fair comparison. He was a starting qb until this year

msstate7
10-21-2023, 04:03 PM

He didn't start here the first 6 weeks

msugolf
10-21-2023, 04:18 PM
Ark -6.5

We weren't supposed to win, but we did.

Ark being -6.5 was not an endorsement for Vegas or public thinking they were good. It was an indictment on how bad they think we are. The foundation of your argument is off

basedog
10-21-2023, 04:20 PM
Glad we won. Never thought Arkansas OL was worse than ours but they are. We played hard and that is a plus, but our decision making on 4th down was questionable but at the end it doesn’t matter except, lesson learned Arnett.

It’s possible now to win 6, I hope so.

msstate7
10-21-2023, 04:21 PM
Ark being -6.5 was not an endorsement for Vegas or public thinking they were good. It was an indictment on how bad they think we are. The foundation of your argument is off

I'm sure you predicted a win

LC Dawg
10-21-2023, 04:22 PM

Not for Mississippi State.

Tater
10-21-2023, 04:29 PM

To be fair i bet $20 to win $41 on us winning and have us on a few parlays this week.

But Im also forever a homer.

msstate7
10-21-2023, 04:31 PM
To be fair i bet $20 to win $41 on us winning and have us on a few parlays this week.

But Im also forever a homer.

Even though you won, you should be pissed we didn't win 27-23 instead of 7-3

Tater
10-21-2023, 05:13 PM
Even though you won, you should be pissed we didn't win 27-23 instead of 7-3

I'm pissed at Mike Wright's towel and that back judge throwing a shitty blindside block call when the line judge didn't think it necessitated it in front of him. Should have been 21-3.

Homedawg
10-21-2023, 05:41 PM
But HailState!

It was really more state Fla in I think 10? When we had relf and didn't throw a pass second half.

Commercecomet24
10-21-2023, 06:34 PM
It was really more state Fla in I think 10? When we had relf and didn't throw a pass second half.

That?s the game I comped it to, was the 10-3 uf game.

msstate7
10-21-2023, 06:51 PM

Good comparison, and like this game, the conservative 2nd half was by design

HoopsDawg
10-21-2023, 06:58 PM
6-6

We are Mstate. Have to be happy about any SEC win. Can't say it gives me pause on Arnett though.

Turfdawg67
10-21-2023, 06:58 PM

Name a backup that played a team that has lost 5 in a row and has essentially quit... it's not like we upset UGA 7-3.

msstate7
10-21-2023, 07:05 PM
We are Mstate. Have to be happy about any SEC win. Can't say it gives me pause on Arnett though.

Both teams were in a corner, and we won on the road Vs a HC that's won 16 games the previous 2 seasons. I'll take that as a good step for ZA

Homedawg
10-21-2023, 07:45 PM
I'm pissed at Mike Wright's towel and that back judge throwing a shitty blindside block call when the line judge didn't think it necessitated it in front of him. Should have been 21-3.

That was a penalty

Homedawg
10-21-2023, 07:46 PM
Name a backup that played a team that has lost 5 in a row and has essentially quit... it's not like we upset UGA 7-3.

For the love of goodness you take the win, be happy and save the bitching til next sat on the second play.

Tater
10-21-2023, 07:47 PM
That was a penalty

He hit him front side of the left shoulder.

If that's a penalty, then the rule is wrong. Or we should play 7 on 7 flag football.

That defender didn't have his head on a swivel and we're penalized for it.

HoopsDawg
10-21-2023, 07:52 PM
He hit him front side of the left shoulder.

If that's a penalty, then the rule is wrong. Or we should play 7 on 7 flag football.

That defender didn't have his head on a swivel and we're penalized for it.

That was a perfect block 5 years ago but the rule has changed