PDA

View Full Version : Hadad and Faulk

confucius say
10-18-2023, 02:41 PM
Have had three shows since Kamario Taylor committed last week and they have not mentioned it at all. Taylor is a 4 star by On3 and a composite high three star who is an in-state QB. Why not discuss it? No "Cruitin" song, no discussion, nothing.

It gets weirder. They led the show Monday discussing PJ Woodland's decommit and how it was an awful look for the staff to lose an in-state kid. Went on and on about it. But it's widely known now that ZA and Hughes watched Woodland in-person Friday night and then pulled his offer, which makes complete sense given Woodland's tweet that he planned on being a Bulldog but due to "unforeseen circumstances" he will not be. Hadad and Faulk have not acknowledged that or retracted their statements though. What gives?

Leroy Jenkins
10-18-2023, 02:48 PM
Just a guess, but it's probably because he's 2025.

MrCoachKlein
10-18-2023, 02:49 PM
Have had three shows since Kamario Taylor committed last week and they have not mentioned it at all. Taylor is a 4 star by On3 and a composite high three star who is an in-state QB. Why not discuss it? No "Cruitin" song, no discussion, nothing.

It gets weirder. They led the show Monday discussing PJ Woodland's decommit and how it was an awful look for the staff to lose an in-state kid. Went on and on about it. But it's widely known now that ZA and Hughes watched Woodland in-person Friday night and then pulled his offer, which makes complete sense given Woodland's tweet that he planned on being a Bulldog but due to "unforeseen circumstances" he will not be. Hadad and Faulk have not acknowledged that or retracted their statements though. What gives?

Too busy with their catfish tour*

confucius say
10-18-2023, 03:06 PM
And far be it for me to defend this staff, but since they harped on Monday's show about how bad the 2024 class is when discussing Woodland's "decommit," it should be noted that we only have 15 commits, the fewest in the conference and 8-10 below most schools. Because we are going to load up on transfers.

If you look at our average ranking per player, it's 88.14, which would be 27th nationally, which is about where we live.

Again, I'm on record with my issues with this staff, but it seems like some of our media are fanning the flames intentionally, either for clicks or for some other reason.

Rawdawg
10-18-2023, 03:18 PM

It?s not their job to pump sunshine. They?re just telling you how it is and it?s not pretty. A 2025 commit isn?t gonna save Arnett?s job.

KB21
10-18-2023, 03:23 PM
Now Hibbler may be wavering on his commitment.

RiverCityDawg
10-18-2023, 03:55 PM

When you say it was widely known that we pulled Woodland's offer, where is that coming from? Haven't seen that on either recruiting site, but maybe I missed it.

confucius say
10-18-2023, 04:32 PM
It?s not their job to pump sunshine. They?re just telling you how it is and it?s not pretty. A 2025 commit isn?t gonna save Arnett?s job.

No. They literally are not telling me how it is. That's the problem. Nobody is asking them to pump sunshine, just be factual and report positive and negative news. They chose to totally ignore the Taylor commit and took for certain that Woodland decommitted when that is not what happened.

confucius say
10-18-2023, 04:34 PM
When you say it was widely known that we pulled Woodland's offer, where is that coming from? Haven't seen that on either recruiting site, but maybe I missed it.

HS coaches. Scroll down to the thread about his decommitment and Bucky lays out the details.

BigDawg81
10-18-2023, 05:02 PM

Taylor is 2025 and they have plenty of time to discuss Taylor. There isn?t any way that you can make believe that Arnett pulled Woodland offer. He probably is going to LSU. I hate the fact that fans thinks if a player decommits then his offer got pulled. Maybe he wants to go somewhere else and CB is a position of need.

Homedawg
10-18-2023, 05:22 PM

You got that from a guy on genes page that literally posted no source and isn't some top notch credible guy.

confucius say
10-18-2023, 05:23 PM
Taylor is 2025 and they have plenty of time to discuss Taylor. There isn?t any way that you can make believe that Arnett pulled Woodland offer. He probably is going to LSU. I hate the fact that fans thinks if a player decommits then his offer got pulled. Maybe he wants to go somewhere else and CB is a position of need.

The 2025 excuse makes no sense because they discussed the other 2025 commit.

He's not going to lsu.
Read his tweet. Nobody says that when it's their choice.
Plenty of players decommit from us by their own choice. Happens yearly. But not here.

Homedawg
10-18-2023, 05:28 PM

Woodland is not going to lsu.

Cowbell
10-18-2023, 05:41 PM

I'm just glad you are here to supply us with any perceived ounce of negativity with this staff. No research needed

Cowbell
10-18-2023, 05:43 PM
You got that from a guy on genes page that literally posted no source and isn't some top notch credible guy.

As long as it fits the narrative

RiverCityDawg
10-18-2023, 05:52 PM
HS coaches. Scroll down to the thread about his decommitment and Bucky lays out the details.

Interesting. As you said, that would make the "due to unforeseen circumstances" line make sense.

confucius say
10-18-2023, 09:07 PM
Interesting. As you said, that would make the "due to unforeseen circumstances" line make sense.

Correct. I have never seen a true decommitment tweet read that way. They say, thanks to all the coaches and everyone at state for the opportunity and the support but I've decided to reopen my recruitment, respect my decision blah blah blah.

CoachT14
10-19-2023, 06:47 AM
And far be it for me to defend this staff, but since they harped on Monday's show about how bad the 2024 class is when discussing Woodland's "decommit," it should be noted that we only have 15 commits, the fewest in the conference and 8-10 below most schools. Because we are going to load up on transfers.

If you look at our average ranking per player, it's 88.14, which would be 27th nationally, which is about where we live.

Again, I'm on record with my issues with this staff, but it seems like some of our media are fanning the flames intentionally, either for clicks or for some other reason.

When you say transfers, you're partially right. We are loading up on JUCO transfers for sure. Just shelling out offers to guys who have no business being in the SEC.

State82
10-19-2023, 07:42 AM
"due to unforeseen circumstances"

Yeah it does not require a genius to decipher what that means.

Cooterpoot
10-19-2023, 08:09 AM

We're still freaking recruiting Woodland, We didn't drop him. You guys can can keep toting that water all you want. We've talked to him since his decommit. He'll end up at OM. Hell, we don't even have an offer out to a CB in Juco. Look at the CBs we signed last year and you'll see we really only signed one last year unless you want to count Jones. So we're going two years without signing but one, maybe two HS CBs? That's ridiculous. Especially as bad as that group has looked. We lose all of the starters the next year.

FoggyBottom
10-19-2023, 08:20 AM

rationalization and is seen quite frequently after a decommitment, e.g., we didn't want him anyway, too slow, etc. Of course, Woodland stated he is still considering MSU which he certainly would not be doing had anyone been dumb enough to actually inform him his offer had been pulled.

I don't know if Woodland can play SEC football but I do know the evaluations at TSUN, especially defensively, are looking pretty good. They got on Echoles very early as a DL while most MSU boards mocked him and said no way. Echols recently made a huge jump in rankings and I saw yesterday Alabama offered him. In sum, recruiting is at least 50% evaluation and you better be good at it to survive. See where Woodland ends up and that will show you he was not dropped.

confucius say
10-19-2023, 08:29 AM
rationalization and is seen quite frequently after a decommitment, e.g., we didn't want him anyway, too slow, etc. Of course, Woodland stated he is still considering MSU which he certainly would not be doing had anyone been dumb enough to actually inform him his offer had been pulled.

I don't know if Woodland can play SEC football but I do know the evaluations at TSUN, especially defensively, are looking pretty good. They got on Echols very early as a DL while most MSU boards mocked him and said no way. Echols recently made a huge jump in rankings and I saw yesterday Alabama offered him. In sum, recruiting is at least 50% evaluation and you better be good at it to survive. See where Woodland ends up and that will show you he was not dropped.

False. We lose recruits every year that we want. Fully admit that. Will happen this year too. Just not this guy.

FoggyBottom
10-19-2023, 08:37 AM
False. We lose recruits every year that we want. Fully admit that. Will happen this year too. Just not this guy.

Stick to fortune cookies.

Maroonthirteen
10-19-2023, 08:55 AM

They tell their audience what they are told to tell their audience. They are yes boys to their sources and go whichever direction those sources tell them.

StarkVegasSteve
10-19-2023, 09:23 AM
They tell their audience what they are told to tell their audience. They are yes boys to their sources and go whichever direction those sources tell them.

Which they kind of have to be, Faulk more than Hadad. Hadad has Supertalk to fall back on, but if Faulk pisses off the wrong people his info will dry up and he will be useless. He has to cater to his sources, that is the nature of that business, especially on a team specific beat.

HancockCountyDog
10-19-2023, 09:37 AM
We're still freaking recruiting Woodland, We didn't drop him. You guys can can keep toting that water all you want. We've talked to him since his decommit. He'll end up at OM. Hell, we don't even have an offer out to a CB in Juco. Look at the CBs we signed last year and you'll see we really only signed one last year unless you want to count Jones. So we're going two years without signing but one, maybe two HS CBs? That's ridiculous. Especially as bad as that group has looked. We lose all of the starters the next year.

I don't know what to believe, but I've never heard of a coach traveling to a HS game on a bye week only to drop a kid. In-state kids are not dropped in person and they are not told in October that they are being dropped. What normally happens is the school simply stops calling and the kid gets the hint.

Especially at a school as talent rich as Oak Grove. You don't normally want to burn a bridge and pull the scholarship.

Then again, I have no idea, it just doesn't make sense.

TrapGame
10-19-2023, 09:58 AM

This is why I was a little surprised last week when Robbie was saying Arnett is gone if he doesn't finish 6-6. It wasn't "probably gone", no it was "He's gone if he finishes less than 6-6." He said it with no hesitation.

CoachT14
10-19-2023, 10:09 AM
I don't know what to believe, but I've never heard of a coach traveling to a HS game on a bye week only to drop a kid. In-state kids are not dropped in person and they are not told in October that they are being dropped. What normally happens is the school simply stops calling and the kid gets the hint.

Especially at a school as talent rich as Oak Grove. You don't normally want to burn a bridge and pull the scholarship.

Then again, I have no idea, it just doesn't make sense.

No one has ever thought this coaching staff was intelligent. And if they did it's because they get to hang out with them.