PDA

View Full Version : Pittman: "We have to win this game"

confucius say
10-18-2023, 10:49 AM
Said during his Monday presser. Very up front about their situation and injuries. Refreshing.

They are not shy about publicly calling this a must win.

Prediction? Pain.
10-18-2023, 12:52 PM
Dude's being honest. Arkansas is 2 - 5, they've lost five in a row, and their only win over an FBS opponent came against possibly the worst FBS team in the entire country (Kent St., a team that's 1 - 6 and winless in FBS play). After us, their remaining SEC games are Florida, Auburn, and Mizzou. They're out-talented against all three, UF is on the road, and Mizzou is top third the SEC in scoring and total offense and currently top 40 nationally in FEI offense and defense. So Arkansas's season is on life support. Without a win over us, it's essentially over.

I'd like to think that's about as good a scenario as possible for a bounce-back game for State. Arkansas's defense is better than several of the ones we've faced, but they're not Alabama or A&M. And their offense is among the worst we face all season. (Only Auburn and W. Michigan currently exceed their level of suckitude.) Road environment notwithstanding, if we can't win this one -- with or without Will -- then, well, damn.

basedog
10-18-2023, 03:21 PM
Dude's being honest. Arkansas is 2 - 5, they've lost five in a row, and their only win over an FBS opponent came against possibly the worst FBS team in the entire country (Kent St., a team that's 1 - 6 and winless in FBS play). After us, their remaining SEC games are Florida, Auburn, and Mizzou. They're out-talented against all three, UF is on the road, and Mizzou is top third the SEC in scoring and total offense and currently top 40 nationally in FEI offense and defense. So Arkansas's season is on life support. Without a win over us, it's essentially over.

I'd like to think that's about as good a scenario as possible for a bounce-back game for State. Arkansas's defense is better than several of the ones we've faced, but they're not Alabama or A&M. And their offense is among the worst we face all season. (Only Auburn and W. Michigan currently exceed their level of suckitude.) Road environment notwithstanding, if we can't win this one -- with or without Will -- then, well, damn.

Msu is in a must win situation as well. We had open date to prepare, if we come out with mistakes and get behind early it will be time......tick tick tick.

Commercecomet24
10-18-2023, 03:27 PM
Msu is in a must win situation as well. We had open date to prepare, if we come out with mistakes and get behind early it will be time......tick tick tick.

We need to show something this week, some improvement. Like you said 2 weeks to prepare.

WPS
10-18-2023, 03:40 PM

I don't think Missouri is more talented than Arkansas, but I do think it's the least likely for Arkansas to win out of the three lol

Leroy Jenkins
10-18-2023, 06:32 PM
I like Pittman's style, we could hang out.

https://youtu.be/Pd4ZJwOrKeg?si=imzjAacwR2JaSwVr

msudawg1200
10-18-2023, 06:43 PM
Have any of y'all watched us play? That crapshow ain't beating Arkansas. Arkansas wins easily.

EdwardDrayton
10-18-2023, 07:38 PM
The Battle of the Beatens. The coach who loses this one is in a VERY unenviable place.

R2Dawg
10-18-2023, 07:45 PM
I don't think Missouri is more talented than Arkansas, but I do think it's the least likely for Arkansas to win out of the three lol

On preseason paper that seemed true but this Mizzou team is very good. Top 5 in SEC good. Glad MSU don't play them. Ark will find out.

If Ark don't beat MSU by 3 TDs yall probably won't win another game. Worst MSU team since 08 Croom

confucius say
10-18-2023, 09:00 PM

That's phenomenal. My favorite coach in the league from a personality standpoint. Refreshing.

TrapGame
10-18-2023, 09:06 PM
We need to show something this week, some improvement. Like you said 2 weeks to prepare.

Yep. Two weeks to prepare. Show me something. I need to see that this job is not so far over Arnett's head he can't see the top. This is the game.

EdwardDrayton
10-18-2023, 09:15 PM
That's phenomenal. My favorite coach in the league from a personality standpoint. Refreshing.

Soon you'll be able to hang with him as an unemployed coach selling used cars, playing golf with him and Big John and betting the Pigs to lose.

BrunswickDawg
10-18-2023, 09:49 PM

He has a great personality, but Bitch Tits can't coach.

ETA - Sorry, his name is Robert Paulson.***

Todd4State
10-19-2023, 12:37 AM
Decent chance both coaches are fired after this year.

confucius say
10-19-2023, 09:03 AM
I think ark can still get to 6-6 and save his job.

R2Dawg
10-19-2023, 11:46 AM
Said during his Monday presser. Very up front about their situation and injuries. Refreshing.

While that may be true in reality, I think it is stupid to say. Basically, his team has permission from HC to lay down rest of year if they lose. They could still finish strong even in a loss with their schedule.

You just don't want your HC to spew out that kind of desperation openly even if it is true.

FISHDAWG
10-19-2023, 12:30 PM

I've always been a fan... whether he wins or loses I just like the guys personality

The Federalist Engineer
10-20-2023, 04:08 PM

Every SEC team is counting MSU as a "Win" and a disastrous letdown if they "Lose"

Maroonthirteen
10-20-2023, 04:22 PM
The game vs BYU gives me hope. That's a bad loss.

However they've played LSU, Bama and OM close. The LSU performance was impressive. We looked ok at USC and v Az but that's it.

I dnk. Maybe we figured something out this week. However I'm afraid Arkansas is better than what their record indicates.

maroonmania
10-20-2023, 08:44 PM
Well I'm certainly glad Jeffery feels that way. :)

Schultzy
10-20-2023, 09:54 PM

Wright for Heisman

Homedawg
10-21-2023, 12:36 AM
Have any of y'all watched us play? That crapshow ain't beating Arkansas. Arkansas wins easily.

While you may be right , how much did you bet on the hogs??? Just curious. Got a hunch bet a bunch. Sounds like you have a certainty. Certainty's bet LOTS. Whole lots