PDA

View Full Version : Everybody as pumped for Saturday as I am?

Coach34
10-18-2023, 10:28 AM
New QB that can move
2 weeks to get new QB 1st team reps
2 weeks to add new plays with new QB that can move
2 weeks to make it easier on the OL because new QB can move
UPig having to dig into Vandy film to watch Wright
UPig still having to scout Rogers just in case
2 weeks to hopefully put together a defensive plan good enough to slow them down

Mannnnnnnnn gonna be exciting. Most excited I've been about a game of ours since 2018

confucius say
10-18-2023, 10:36 AM
Not really. I expect the Ark front 7 to give us fits.
And our defense is atrocious.

But I am interested to see how Wright looks.

Offshore Dawg
10-18-2023, 10:37 AM
C34, are you off your meds. hehe

Homedawg
10-18-2023, 10:39 AM
Not really. I expect the Ark front 7 to give us fits.
And our defense is atrocious.

But I am interested to see how Wright looks.
Hard to argue w that

C&DDAWG32
10-18-2023, 10:40 AM
We had an entire offseason to get ready. But yea, two weeks is probably gunna do it. Also, a mobile QB doesn't help our defense from stopping their mobile QB.

Leeshouldveflanked
10-18-2023, 10:40 AM
The loser of Saturdays game should be fired by seasons end.

Quaoarsking
10-18-2023, 10:41 AM
I mean, they were so much better against our 2 common opponents than we were, and it's on the road, so I'm not optimistic. But I'd love nothing more than for Arnett and the team to prove me wrong, even if it means insufferable gloating from C34.

confucius say
10-18-2023, 10:42 AM

I wouldn't go that far. I think it's possible we lose to ark but beat auburn and/or Kentucky.

NWADAWG
10-18-2023, 10:45 AM

Sorta like the WWE Loser Leaves Town matches of my childhood.

Coach34
10-18-2023, 10:50 AM
I wouldn't go that far. I think it's possible we lose to ark but beat auburn and/or Kentucky.

agree that UPig is probably the best of the 3

msstate7
10-18-2023, 10:53 AM
I mean, they were so much better against our 2 common opponents than we were, and it's on the road, so I'm not optimistic. But I'd love nothing more than for Arnett and the team to prove me wrong, even if it means insufferable gloating from C34.

Turnover are certainly part of the game, but I do find this interesting...

Bama outgained ark 415-250
Bama outgained us 357-261

Looks pretty equal going by total offense/total defense. The 3 TOs by us are the difference in score.

TrapGame
10-18-2023, 11:03 AM
Actually, I am a little pumped for this game. I want to see improvement. This is the game to showcase some new things.

KB21
10-18-2023, 11:16 AM
I'd be more pumped up for a root canal than I am this game.

ZedFedder
10-18-2023, 11:21 AM
I am at minimum intrigued to see what we look like.

StarkVegasSteve
10-18-2023, 11:33 AM
I have a bad feeling it is going to go like the game here last year. The visiting team has a QB who cannot really pass and a bad defense.

Santiago
10-18-2023, 11:44 AM
I hope Wright has a big day. I just like the guy. Smart guy, and seems to just have leadership skills .

basedog
10-18-2023, 11:49 AM
New QB that can move
2 weeks to hopefully put together a defensive plan good enough to slow them down

Mannnnnnnnn gonna be exciting. Most excited I've been about a game of ours since 2018

Since 2018 34? If so, doesn't take much to entertain you now days. LOL

Goldendawg
10-18-2023, 11:49 AM
I have the feelings I had during the Shira, Felker, Croom and JoMo years. I actually thought we were beyond this after 60 years of being a State fan.

Goldendawg
10-18-2023, 11:57 AM
New QB that can move

You have definitely gone from your often glass half empty to glass half full this season. The contents of the glass are terrible either way year to date. Except for special teams, all aspects of this "program" are beyond bad. Have you checked our recruiting for class of '24? Our staff have prevented a grand total of 8 MS players from committing to other programs and one is a JUCO. We are in big trouble unless we turn this around the last 6 games.

CoachT14
10-18-2023, 12:00 PM
You have definitely gone from your often glass half empty to glass half full this season. The contents of the glass are terrible either way year to date. Except for special teams, all aspects of this "program" are beyond bad. Have you checked our recruiting for class of '24? Our staff have prevented a grand total of 8 MS players from committing to other programs and one is a JUCO. We are in big trouble unless we turn this around the last 6 games.

He gets to hob knob with the coaching staff. He will never criticize them.

viverlibre
10-18-2023, 12:06 PM
New QB that can move

So Will is 100% out for Saturday?

Coach34
10-18-2023, 12:09 PM
I have a bad feeling it is going to go like the game here last year. The visiting team has a QB who cannot really pass and a bad defense.

Wright has completed 70% of his passes this season after 57% at Vandy (which was higher than Fitz had his Jr year)

Really Clark?
10-18-2023, 12:16 PM

Wright is a much better passer than Hornsby who was 48% on the year last season, 47% in our game.

Commercecomet24
10-18-2023, 12:20 PM
Wright is a much better passer than Hornsby who was 48% on the year last season, 47% in our game.

While we have a small sample size and it was against wmu, Wright made some pretty good throws. Wright and Hornsby aren't even close passing wise, as you said. The pass walley dropped that would've been a td was a dime, threaded the needle and right where it needed to be where only the wr could catch it. While i doubt wright is the next tom brady, he does have a strong arm and there is some semblance of accurace, perhaps enough to make him dangerous with the run game thrown in. We'll find out saturday.

Really Clark?
10-18-2023, 12:24 PM
While we have a small sample size and it was against wmu, Wright made some pretty good throws. Wright and Hornsby aren't even close passing wise, as you said. The pass walley dropped that would've been a td was a dime, threaded the needle and right where it needed to be where only the wr could catch it. While i doubt wright is the next tom brady, he does have a strong arm and there is some semblance of accurace, perhaps enough to make him dangerous with the run game thrown in. We'll find out saturday.

Yeah, Wright has arm talent. Just not consistency. When his footwork is good, he is accurate enough. When he's hot he can drop some dimes. Just needs to be more consistent.

Commercecomet24
10-18-2023, 12:31 PM
Yeah, Wright has arm talent. Just not consistency. When his footwork is good, he is accurate enough. When he's hot he can drop some dimes. Just needs to be more consistent.

Right and a good example of that inconsistency was that ball he threw about 50 feet over Zavions head, when he didn't reset his feet. He definitely can do some damage with legs and arm, but like you said, he has to find some consistency.

DownwardDawg
10-18-2023, 12:31 PM
Sorta like the WWE Loser Leaves Town matches of my childhood.

Man, those matches gave me so much anxiety!!!!! I was too big of a fan and it would worry me all week!!!! Hahaha!!!

confucius say
10-18-2023, 12:33 PM
Wright has completed 70% of his passes this season after 57% at Vandy (which was higher than Fitz had his Jr year)

Good. Hope it continues.
Has he thrown a pass beyond the line of scrimmage against a P5 school?

Leroy Jenkins
10-18-2023, 12:36 PM
New QB that can move

Every bit of this.

R2Dawg
10-18-2023, 12:49 PM
New QB that can move

It is a prove it game for sure. We gonna learn some more about ourselves Sat. QB change is huge and so is off week.

R2Dawg
10-18-2023, 12:51 PM
Right and a good example of that inconsistency was that ball he threw about 50 feet over Zavions head, when he didn't reset his feet. He definitely can do some damage with legs and arm, but like you said, he has to find some consistency.

True but Will throws into dirt 5 times a game. Wright was 7-10 and had two drops in that too. His short throws were as accurate as Will. Not saying he is a better passer just going on last game sample.

RiverCityDawg
10-18-2023, 12:55 PM
New QB that can move

Gee with all those positives, I guess we should be able to agree that laying another egg would be an indictment on the coaching staff...

Coach34
10-18-2023, 12:55 PM
Since 2018 34? If so, doesn't take much to entertain you now days. LOL

2019 you could see where it was heading so no real excitement that season. And then the Airbone was like watching a Wing-T team for me. The biggest highlight of 2020 was watching our WR swing at someone and then run away

Saturday will be like a Christmas morning now that we have a mobile QB

Really Clark?
10-18-2023, 12:59 PM
2019 you could see where it was heading so no real excitement that season. And then the Airbone was like watching a Wing-T team for me. The biggest highlight of 2020 was watching our WR swing at someone and then run away

I still like to watch the updated versions of the wing T ran under spread concepts and shotguns mixed in.

Commercecomet24
10-18-2023, 01:04 PM
True but Will throws into dirt 5 times a game. Wright was 7-10 and had two drops in that too. His short throws were as accurate as Will. Not saying he is a better passer just going on last game sample.

Agreed and I'm interested to see how Wright does with a full game. He gives us an extra dimenstion with his legs and we'll find out if he can at least keep defenses honest with his passing.

Churchill
10-18-2023, 01:13 PM
Kinda hard to tell watching on TV but the team seems to like him too.

DownwardDawg
10-18-2023, 01:22 PM
New QB that can move

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little excited. I'm mostly interested to see what we look like on offense, even though we know the defense sucks. I guess I've just accepted the fact that the defense is going to suck all year.
I want to see what the O looks like with a dual threat QB. Maybe this will give us an idea of where we're headed if we can recruit solid dual threat QB's.
Been bow hunting all week with my son in this beautiful Tennessee weather!! Gonna chill Saturday morning and watch our game.

KB21
10-18-2023, 01:33 PM
I'm excited to watch our 2024 head coach Tom Herman this Saturday.

Santiago
10-18-2023, 01:49 PM

To be fair , I think having an athletic QB in the previous system, and with an H back, would have been incredible also. No drop 8 when the QB is quick enough to just slide for 4-5 yards each time.

Extendedcab
10-18-2023, 01:52 PM
I'd be more pumped up for a root canal than I am this game.

You are not Roger Dangerfield come back from the dead are you? You get no respect. The way your luck is running, if You were a politician you would be honest. Woe is you as you have met the enemy and it is you! ****

confucius say
10-18-2023, 02:01 PM
With no Will and no Parson available, I wonder if we will be cautious about running Wright.

C&DDAWG32
10-18-2023, 02:07 PM
He's thrown it 11 times though. If he was starting all year that would be a hell of a stat.

StarkVegasSteve
10-18-2023, 02:28 PM
With no Will and no Parson available, I wonder if we will be cautious about running Wright.

We need to be but we cannot be. That is his game. If you tell him to stay in the pocket, you cut off the one kind of advantage he has as a QB

confucius say
10-18-2023, 02:31 PM
We need to be but we cannot be. That is his game. If you tell him to stay in the pocket, you cut off the one kind of advantage he has as a QB

Yep. That's my fear, that we will. But I agree with you that would be a mistake

Coach34
10-18-2023, 02:31 PM
not to mention losing a 2nd QB would get you an automatic 2nd year

confucius say
10-18-2023, 02:34 PM
not to mention losing a 2nd QB would get you an automatic 2nd year

A third qb, if you count parson

Commercecomet24
10-18-2023, 03:06 PM

Yeah this. Also remember in the heat of battle Wright will just naturally go with what he does best and thats use his legs. It'll be just instinct when hes out there on the field. Now they may call less zone read stuff but as far as taking off running on a pass play that won't be affected, i'm sure.

basedog
10-18-2023, 03:17 PM
Yeah this. Also remember in the heat of battle Wright will just naturally go with what he does best and thats use his legs. It'll be just instinct when hes out there on the field. Now they may call less zone read stuff but as far as taking off running on a pass play that won't be affected, i'm sure.

Don't get me wrong but to me I would rather have a QB who makes plays, say he goes 10-20 but has three TD passes and no sack plus no interceptions and picks up 3 or 4 first downs with his legs. Man, I could only imagine having a Don Smith clone now. Dude was one of my favorites with no help.

Commercecomet24
10-18-2023, 03:25 PM
Don't get me wrong but to me I would rather have a QB who makes plays, say he goes 10-20 but has three TD passes and no sack plus no interceptions and picks up 3 or 4 first downs with his legs. Man, I could only imagine having a Don Smith clone now. Dude was one of my favorites with no help.

100% agree! Don was absolutely amazing!

MrCoachKlein
10-18-2023, 04:51 PM

You are by far the most negative, tiresome internet persona I've ever encountered. If its not something you agree with you have to derail the whole thing. Any chance you and the airboneheads can 17 off to 6packspeak?

Jarius
10-18-2023, 06:07 PM

I would hope not. This game is going to determine whether not not Arnett gets fired, more than likely. He had better do everything he can to win it.

StarkVegasSteve
10-18-2023, 06:08 PM

If he goes 10-20 with 3 TDs with no INTs and 50-60 yds rushing we will not have a QB controversy. It will be the Mike Wright show moving forward.

Cowbell
10-18-2023, 06:15 PM

One coach has had three seasons to build a program...not like the other

BuckyIsAB****
10-18-2023, 06:19 PM
New QB that can move

Im pulling like hell for us. And I am pulling for Wright. But you are trolling

msudawg1200
10-18-2023, 06:46 PM
New QB that can move

It's going to be exciting alright. Another embarrassing arse whipping and shitty coaching fest. You aren't doing anything but trolling now and you know it. If you know as much football as you claim you know damn well this is a freaking shitshow.

EdwardDrayton
10-18-2023, 07:13 PM

Gospel truth

EdwardDrayton
10-18-2023, 07:19 PM
You are by far the most negative, tiresome internet persona I've ever encountered. If its not something you agree with you have to derail the whole thing. Any chance you and the airboneheads can 17 off to 6packspeak?

LOL!! Coach K be like ....................

https://i.postimg.cc/vTNDDkk4/IMG-5461.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

Homedawg
10-18-2023, 07:20 PM

So you want a guy that couldn't win at ****ing Texas???? Texas. Yeah he'll be great.

EdwardDrayton
10-18-2023, 07:25 PM
So you want a guy that couldn't win at ****ing Texas???? Texas. Yeah he'll be great.

LOL!! Y'all save me and mine a lot of money. Top notch entertainment and it doesn't cost a dime!!!

KB21
10-18-2023, 07:29 PM

31-18 at Texas. You need to check your data.

Homedawg
10-18-2023, 07:39 PM
31-18 at Texas. You need to check your data.

That's not winning at Texas!! He got his ass fired didn't he ?? Why not winning enough. If he's that at Texas he's trash here. Trash.

Homedawg
10-18-2023, 07:40 PM
Nothing like a fired dude at a top 5 job that won 63% of his games.

Homedawg
10-18-2023, 07:42 PM
For comparison, les miles DA won 77% of his games at lsu. Both top jobs. One won 77% and was a moron. The other won 63% and got fired after 4 unacceptable seasons. Yeah. Sign me up for that.

Dawgology
10-18-2023, 07:44 PM
Nah. This state team will find a way to 17 it up probably. Lol

Really Clark?
10-18-2023, 07:48 PM

Fostered a deteriorating culture in the locker room and lost big time commits to programs outside the state. Then the losses vs unranked teams hurt his backing as well.

Homedawg
10-18-2023, 07:54 PM
Fostered a deteriorating culture in the locker room and lost big time commits to programs outside the state. Then the losses vs unranked teams hurt his backing as well.

Again, if you can't win at Texas. And 63% isn't doing that. Gonna have a tough time here.

Really Clark?
10-18-2023, 07:56 PM
Again, if you can't win at Texas. And 63% isn't doing that. Gonna have a tough time here.

I agree, the right coach at Texas wins .750 of their games over their career. If Sark doesn't do any better than Herman after 5 years, they will let him go too.

Coach34
10-18-2023, 08:01 PM
Im pulling like hell for us. And I am pulling for Wright. But you are trolling

I'm not trolling at all. I'm extremely excited about Saturday. We may not win because UPig is pretty good on D, we are on the road, and our D is awful. But I expect us to play a solid game that wont be decided until the 4th Q. We should have a chance to win the game and the offense should show some good things

Jarius
10-18-2023, 08:24 PM
That's not winning at Texas!! He got his ass fired didn't he ?? Why not winning enough. If he's that at Texas he's trash here. Trash.

He didn’t get fired for not winning enough. He went 7-3 in the Covid year and got fired. That’s a 9-10 win season in a normal year. If we can hire Tom Herman we should, if we continue to suck this year. He is a monster recruiter and has an elite offense everywhere he goes. He pissed off the boosters by being Lane Kiffinish at Texas. Basically told them all to **** off. That’s exactly what we need.

Jarius
10-18-2023, 08:27 PM

He had top ten classes virtually every year. The Texas media hated him. Every coach has players that hate them. Hell Mullen had a ton and he was our best ever. His last team at Texas went 7-3. You don’t do that with a bad locker room.

Jarius
10-18-2023, 08:31 PM

Dude, he took over a train wreck from Charlie strong and had a bad first year that skews numbers. After that he won 10 games, 8 games, and then went 7-3 which would normally be a 9-10 win year. That’s not bad at all. There was an issue with the boosters and him there and it wasn’t about wins/losses.

Really Clark?
10-18-2023, 08:39 PM
He had top ten classes virtually every year. The Texas media hated him. Every coach has players that hate them. Hell Mullen had a ton and he was our best ever. His last team at Texas went 7-3. You don?t do that with a bad locker room.

Man I'm not going to get into a back and forth. He had a culture that was deteriorating rapidly and it has been documented. He had 5 star OL and Ewers both committed and they dropped him to go out of state. He had players on his team negatively recruiting HS players to not come to Texas because of him. Players on the team informed the AD they were leaving or going to leave the program because of him and the culture he allowed. This has been known for a while now.

ETA. Let him mature and rehab 3-4 years at FAU to see if he gets it together.

confucius say
10-18-2023, 08:42 PM
He had top ten classes virtually every year. The Texas media hated him. Every coach has players that hate them. Hell Mullen had a ton and he was our best ever. His last team at Texas went 7-3. You don?t do that with a bad locker room.

I would have top 10 classes at texas.

Herman is meh. Solid. Nothing special. Texas record:
6-6
9-3
7-5
9-3 (7-3 but would be 9-3 if he won his other two noncon games that were cancelled).

Texas and OK are the only two top 30 recruiters in the Big 12 per college football matrix. Two! That's it! Two! All 7 sec west teams are top 30 recruiters. Averaging 8-4 at texas isn't hard.

Homedawg
10-18-2023, 08:46 PM
He didn’t get fired for not winning enough. He went 7-3 in the Covid year and got fired. That’s a 9-10 win season in a normal year. If we can hire Tom Herman we should, if we continue to suck this year. He is a monster recruiter and has an elite offense everywhere he goes. He pissed off the boosters by being Lane Kiffinish at Texas. Basically told them all to **** off. That’s exactly what we need.
He won 63% of his games. At Texas. He absolute got fired for not winning enough. If you don't believe that, then we can stop arguing bc you're living in a dream world.

Homedawg
10-18-2023, 08:52 PM
Mack brown won 77% of his games a Texas. Last 4 years he won 59(Herman like) got fired like Herman did. Less than 75% qt Texas is quite frankly failure.

Jarius
10-18-2023, 10:35 PM
I would have top 10 classes at texas.

Herman is meh. Solid. Nothing special. Texas record:
6-6
9-3
7-5
9-3 (7-3 but would be 9-3 if he won his other two noncon games that were cancelled).

Texas and OK are the only two top 30 recruiters in the Big 12 per college football matrix. Two! That's it! Two! All 7 sec west teams are top 30 recruiters. Averaging 8-4 at texas isn't hard.

He won 10 games his second year. He’s a good coach. What if OM didn’t hire Kiffin because of his usc time? He was the hottest coach on the planet 5 years ago and he stepped into a program where boosters are absolutely atrocious. Everyone sucks there. It’s not a Herman problem.

Jarius
10-18-2023, 10:38 PM
He won 63% of his games. At Texas. He absolute got fired for not winning enough. If you don't believe that, then we can stop arguing bc you're living in a dream world.

You’re right. If you think a coach got fired for going 7-3 in a conference only schedule during COVID season we don’t need to continue the conversation. You know an exceptionally small amount about the University of Texas if you believe that.

Jarius
10-18-2023, 10:40 PM
Mack brown won 77% of his games a Texas. Last 4 years he won 59(Herman like) got fired like Herman did. Less than 75% qt Texas is quite frankly failure.

Yea, Texas fired Mack Brown. Look how ****ing stupid that was. He’s winning at North Carolina.

SpaceBully
10-19-2023, 01:36 AM
New QB that can move

Yep....watched him miss 3-4 passes in warmups with no one covering the receivers. Some missed badly. I'm sorry. He can't pass. He'll throw some picks in this game and probably a pick six or two to boot.

CoachT14
10-19-2023, 06:12 AM

That’s better than the end of the Mack Brown Era post championship, the Charlie Strong Era, and better than Sark.

Maybe, just maybe, it’s a Texas issue not a Herman issue. His last year, Covid, he went 7-3 in an all Big 12 schedule. Didn’t get to play Kansas who was bad and blew out Colorado in the bowl game. There isn’t a single person we could hire this off-season with a better resume.

CoachT14
10-19-2023, 06:16 AM
I posted this elsewhere. Let’s see if anyone tries to actually argue this.

What other coach that we could get has this as a resume
- Career Record - 57-25
- National Champion coach, Broyles Award Winner, AAC Coach of the Year
- mentored under the 2nd best coach in the modern era
- 6 Top 10 Scoring Offenses
- 6 Top 10 recruiting classes
- Undefeated in bowl games
- 5-0 in P5 games at Houston
- Ability to put together the best staff we’ve ever had here

I’ll see what the resident hob knobbers, that think Arnett and Brad are the cheese since they get to say they know guys on staff, want to try and argue around that.

Dawgface
10-19-2023, 07:54 AM
New QB that can move

You're just trolling at this point.

KB21
10-19-2023, 08:37 AM

- Career Record - 57-25

I’ll see what the resident hob knobbers, that think Arnett and Brad are the cheese since they get to say they know guys on staff, want to try and argue around that.

https://media.tenor.com/MvIXMRAlE94AAAAC/texas-sucks-tom-herman.gif

KB21
10-19-2023, 08:39 AM

- Career Record - 57-25

To add to this, Tom Herman is a member of MENSA, which is an elite intelligence society where you have to be in the 98th percentile of IQ to even be a member. That would be a drastic change from Caveman Arnett.

Saltydog
10-19-2023, 08:58 AM
One took a bad program and made some improvements (may not be enough to save his job though) and the other took a solid program and is driving it in the ground. Course, our coach doesn't have man tits so there's a positive for ya.......

BuckyIsAB****
10-19-2023, 08:59 AM
I'm not trolling at all. I'm extremely excited about Saturday. We may not win because UPig is pretty good on D, we are on the road, and our D is awful. But I expect us to play a solid game that wont be decided until the 4th Q. We should have a chance to win the game and the offense should show some good things

You know exactly what I am talking about

BuckyIsAB****
10-19-2023, 09:01 AM
Id be good with Herman. Could do a lot worse. He has some fire about him

KB21
10-19-2023, 09:02 AM
Id be good with Herman. Could do a lot worse. He has some fire about him

He's smart and cocky. I like that. I love the fact that he called for an onside kick when up by 42 points in the fourth quarter against South Florida.

Really Clark?
10-19-2023, 09:25 AM
He's smart and cocky. I like that. I love the fact that he called for an onside kick when up by 42 points in the fourth quarter against South Florida.

That just shows he hasn't matured and still makes stupid in game decisions that are about himself. He needs to put some solid program running in his bank for 3-4 years and mature. He needs to not have his own players recruit against him. He needs to actually be a leader and prove it for a period of time. I love fire and brashness, I hate childish self-absorption that makes you call an onside kick up 42 points. Smart doesn't mean he won't make stupid decisions. He does.

CoachT14
10-19-2023, 09:29 AM
That just shows he hasn't matured and still makes stupid in game decisions that are about himself. He needs to put some solid program running in his bank for 3-4 years and mature. He needs to not have his own players recruit against him. He needs to actually be a leader and prove it for a period of time. I love fire and brashness, I hate childish self-absorption that makes you call an onside kick up 42 points. Smart doesn't mean he won't make stupid decisions. He does.

https://media4.giphy.com/media/qmfpjpAT2fJRK/giphy.gif

And this type of thinking is why we are getting left behind.

Really Clark?
10-19-2023, 09:31 AM
https://media4.giphy.com/media/qmfpjpAT2fJRK/giphy.gif

And this type of thinking is why we are getting left behind.

Naw. This is the type of thinking that actually selects good talented leaders. In many careers. Actually really good at.

But please name the elite leaders who onside up 42 points.

KB21
10-19-2023, 09:31 AM

So, to you, stupid decision = going against conventional theory on football. To me, smart decision = going against conventional theory on football. If maturing means falling more in line with conventional thought about football, then I don't want him maturing. Mike Leach didn't become a HOF coach because he fell in line with conventional theory. He became a HOF coach because everything he did was AGAINST conventional theory.

Really Clark?
10-19-2023, 09:37 AM
So, to you, stupid decision = going against conventional theory on football. To me, smart decision = going against conventional theory on football. If maturing means falling more in line with conventional thought about football, then I don't want him maturing. Mike Leach didn't become a HOF coach because he fell in line with conventional theory. He became a HOF coach because everything he did was AGAINST conventional theory.

No, that had absolutely nothing to do with going against conventional theory. I like that, believe in that in a lot cases. It goes directly to his character and pathology, that was about him and him only, had nothing to with going against conventional football theory. Do that up 3 points in the 4th is going against theory. That's brash. That takes balls. Doing that up 42 in the 4th, has nothing to do with football theory but his pathology and immaturity.

CoachT14
10-19-2023, 10:07 AM
Naw. This is the type of thinking that actually selects good talented leaders. In many careers. Actually really good at.

But please name the elite leaders who onside up 42 points.

https://media4.giphy.com/media/21S35iv1C67ns2g458/giphy.gif

Again instead of arguing the resume, you're arguing for character. No one said he was a high character guy. Jackie wasn't considered high character either. Nor was Mullen.

You call it immature.... I call it proving a point.

msudawg1200
10-19-2023, 10:13 AM
I'm not saying we should try to hire Tom Herman, but anyone trying to argue keeping our current staff of Bozo's over hiring Herman are freaking blithering idiots. Period.

KB21
10-19-2023, 10:14 AM

Again instead of arguing the resume, you're arguing for character. No one said he was a high character guy. Jackie wasn't considered high character either. Nor was Mullen.

Tom Herman definitely has some of that Mullen arrogance to him. I never disliked Mullen's arrogance. I like coaches who are willing to kick over a bee hive. The thing I didn't like about Mullen was that his arrogance didn't carry over to his play calling at times. Mullen would get way too conservative with his play calling. An example is 2017 Alabama. If I remember correctly, we were up by with ten minutes or so left in the 4th quarter. We just stopped them and had the ball. Three straight QB power plays and we are punting. That wasn't the time to attempt to shorten the game. That was the time to go for the throat. A TD there, and we win.

CoachT14
10-19-2023, 10:17 AM
I'm not saying we should try to hire Tom Herman, but anyone trying to argue keeping our current staff of Bozo's over hiring Herman are freaking blithering idiots. Period.

Most people who are against hiring Herman just see "Herman fired at Texas." They actually haven't done research.

DownwardDawg
10-19-2023, 10:18 AM

Absolutely correct. Great post.

DownwardDawg
10-19-2023, 10:20 AM

Yeah, I think there might only be 1 or 2 posters wanting Arnett over Herman. But it's a moot point at this time. If Arnett squeaks out 6 wins and his offense keeps getting better, he'll get another year to see what he can do in the portal. Then we'll be shopping.

Really Clark?
10-19-2023, 10:26 AM

Where was that argued?

Really Clark?
10-19-2023, 10:37 AM

Again, and you are also helping to prove my point, leadership hiring, which is what a HC is, goes way beyond his record. The data shows that in leadership hiring of all types. If you only look at results and don't vet a persons character much deeper, you have many more misses in leadership hires. It's not just something I made up because I don't like him, it's been proven. I actually like other parts of what he does but not all of his results were promising either. He has to be able to run a program. He had players on his team actively recruiting against him. I'm not saying never hire him, I'm saying let him rehab, like Kiffin until he shows he has matured enough to run a P5 program.

BTW, if I'm making a hire Lebby is who I target first. And if we don't get to 6, we need to look at making a change.

CoachT14
10-19-2023, 10:41 AM
Again, and you are also helping to prove my point, leadership hiring, which is what a HC is, goes way beyond his record. The data shows that in leadership hiring of all types. If you only look at results and don't vet a persons character much deeper, you have many more misses in leadership hires. It's not just something I made up because I don't like him, it's been proven. I actually like other parts of what he does but not all of his results were promising either. He has to be able to run a program. He had players on his team actively recruiting against him. I'm not saying never hire him, I'm saying let him rehab, like Kiffin until he shows he has matured enough to run a P5 program.

BTW, if I'm making a hire Lebby is who I target first. And if we don't get to 6, we need to look at making a change.

So you'll take Lebby who has way more character question marks over Herman. I'm done. Lol

I love Lebby, but Lebby was heavily mentioned with the Briles/Baylor stuff. That's way worse character question marks than anything Herman has done. Carry on.

Johnson85
10-19-2023, 10:47 AM
I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little excited. I'm mostly interested to see what we look like on offense, even though we know the defense sucks. I guess I've just accepted the fact that the defense is going to suck all year.
I want to see what the O looks like with a dual threat QB. Maybe this will give us an idea of where we're headed if we can recruit solid dual threat QB's.
Been bow hunting all week with my son in this beautiful Tennessee weather!! Gonna chill Saturday morning and watch our game.

I'm sort of in the same place as you, except I'm also a little excited b/c this is a weekend that can more or less confirm whether I can completely check out the rest of the season. Not going to lie, I've already been a little checked out, partly because I've just had things going on on Saturdays and partly just because when I did get to watch it hasn't been a lot of fun watching us struggle so badly. I've just got too much going on to make it a priority to watch us play and look bad and get frustrated. If we don't show some life after a bye week with a mobile QB, then it's not happening this year. Not saying we have to win on the road, but we need to look like we have some semblance of an offensive game plan we can execute and have some signs of life on defense.

PMDawg
10-19-2023, 10:59 AM
New QB that can move

You're a parody of yourself now. This staff is a joke. I was no fan of the Air Raid, but this is ludicrous. This staff is gone sooner, rather than later. I don't advocate bringing the AR back, but Arnette wasn't ready and it shows from the top down. We need to bring in a staff with a plan.

Johnson85
10-19-2023, 11:01 AM

Yea, I call bullshit on that if you're trying to apply it to MSU football or basketball. We have two options: Hire an unproven coach (generally a P5 coordinator or lower level HC, although the lower level HC is much more competitive now, with even big programs reaching to hire somebody before they have a long track record (e.g., UF and Poor Man's Mullen)) or Hire a more proven coach with some blemishes, whether it be "character" or performance (e.g., Jackie, Ben Howland, Gus Malzahn, Herman, Kiffin when UM hired him, Freeze the year before Auburn hired him (etc.)).

Texas has issues that make it win way less than it should, and they have existed over multiple coaches. I used to think Mack Brown wayyyyy underachieved at UT, and I think he did, but looking at what he did before and after, it seems like UT was a big part of that issue, just like it has been with subsequent coaches.

I don't think going 3-3 so far at UAF makes him a strong candidate, but if he does well at UAF, we probably aren't going to be in a position to pass on him because of his alleged character issues.

Really Clark?
10-19-2023, 11:02 AM
So you'll take Lebby who has way more character question marks over Herman. I'm done. Lol

I love Lebby, but Lebby was heavily mentioned with the Briles/Baylor stuff. That's way worse character question marks than anything Herman has done. Carry on.

Why, because he was on staff at Baylor? That's doesn't hold water man. Hell we were trying to hire Kendall last year who had more alleged involvement. You had one woman allegedly saying she told Lebby about an incident and drug use but the third party investigation that lead to the President, AD and Art's firing found nothing on that. And that her previous depositions, even years later in 2021, she swore under oath that she only had talked to Lebby about grades of that that player and nothing else. And that was the only time she talked to Lebby. That story changed during the lawsuit she became a part of, that's it. So please point all of his character flaws that you know about? Dude, come on. You think I don't know about this stuff. I've posted passionately about it and why we should never hire Art Briles or have him be a part of the program.

Really Clark?
10-19-2023, 11:13 AM
Yea, I call bullshit on that if you're trying to apply it to MSU football or basketball. We have two options: Hire an unproven coach (generally a P5 coordinator or lower level HC, although the lower level HC is much more competitive now, with even big programs reaching to hire somebody before they have a long track record (e.g., UF and Poor Man's Mullen)) or Hire a more proven coach with some blemishes, whether it be "character" or performance (e.g., Jackie, Ben Howland, Gus Malzahn, Herman, Kiffin when UM hired him, Freeze the year before Auburn hired him (etc.)).

Texas has issues that make it win way less than it should, and they have existed over multiple coaches. I used to think Mack Brown wayyyyy underachieved at UT, and I think he did, but looking at what he did before and after, it seems like UT was a big part of that issue, just like it has been with subsequent coaches.

I don't think going 3-3 so far at UAF makes him a strong candidate, but if he does well at UAF, we probably aren't going to be in a position to pass on him because of his alleged character issues.

Call BS all you want, doesn't make it any less true. But to qualify it for you more, all of that is dependent on the actual coaching pool you are selecting from. So, he could be the best available at the time if you have only a certain pool of coaches to choose from. I just want to see him mature and be able to run a program without it deteriorating. Heck of an offensive mind who doesn't have self awareness or maturity.

ETA. I meant to also say that I agree Texas have issues outside of their coaches. No doubt. I think it takes a certain personality to win there at a certain level.

KB21
10-19-2023, 11:15 AM
https://s3media.247sports.com/Uploads/Assets/73/47/12047073.jpeg?width=600&fit=bounds

Coach34
10-19-2023, 11:43 AM
You're a parody of yourself now. This staff is a joke. I was no fan of the Air Raid, but this is ludicrous. This staff is gone sooner, rather than later. I don't advocate bringing the AR back, but Arnette wasn't ready and it shows from the top down. We need to bring in a staff with a plan.

Who has beaten us with less talent than we have? I'll answer that for you- nobody

R2Dawg
10-19-2023, 11:53 AM
Who has beaten us with less talent than we have? I'll answer that for you- nobody

Tend to agree. AZ and USC basically even so go either way which they did.

Ark and Aub too when we are healthy. I don't think OM is really other than QB. However it only takes one player playing above his head or having one great game to break these swing type games which we have several still left.

CoachT14
10-19-2023, 11:58 AM
Why, because he was on staff at Baylor? That's doesn't hold water man. Hell we were trying to hire Kendall last year who had more alleged involvement. You had one woman allegedly saying she told Lebby about an incident and drug use but the third party investigation that lead to the President, AD and Art's firing found nothing on that. And that her previous depositions, even years later in 2021, she swore under oath that she only had talked to Lebby about grades of that that player and nothing else. And that was the only time she talked to Lebby. That story changed during the lawsuit she became a part of, that's it. So please point all of his character flaws that you know about? Dude, come on. You think I don't know about this stuff. I've posted passionately about it and why we should never hire Art Briles or have him be a part of the program.

Because you can't say you're against hiring Herman for character flaws and in the same breathe mention Lebby.

You say you don't want Briles apart of the program in any way shape of form, yet you're all for hiring Lebby (again someone I would hire if we missed on Herman). Lebby's "character flaws" out weigh Herman's by a mile.

You don't like Herman, that's fine, but to say we can't hire him because of character flaws then stumping for Lebby..... man that's talking out of two sides of your mouth.

KB21
10-19-2023, 12:00 PM
The other great thing about Herman is that he has called 61% pass plays at FAU this season.

KB21
10-19-2023, 12:02 PM
Intelligent coaches know that the passing game is the most important part of offense.

Really Clark?
10-19-2023, 12:09 PM
Because you can't say you're against hiring Herman for character flaws and in the same breathe mention Lebby.

That's talking out of 2 sides of your mouth.

No it's not. That's a juvenile response to a reasoned explanation.

Really Clark?
10-19-2023, 12:14 PM

You say you don't want Briles apart of the program in any way shape of form, yet you're all for hiring Lebby (again someone I would hire if we missed on Herman). Lebby's "character flaws" out weigh Herman's by a mile.

You don't like Herman, that's fine, but to say we can't hire him because of character flaws then stumping for Lebby..... man that's talking out of two sides of your mouth.

What specific character flaw can you point to about Lebby? Who his father in law is is NOT a character flaw. If that your argument that's just asinine. Should he have divorced his wife, who he married in 2011, because of her dad?

I've listed several about Herman. Who, again it's not someone I don't like, but who I want to see mature and run a good program. I like his offense. More to running a program than an offense though. A whole lot more.

Really Clark?
10-19-2023, 12:20 PM
The other great thing about Herman is that he has called 61% pass plays at FAU this season.

He ran the ball more than he threw it at Texas and Houston

KB21
10-19-2023, 12:30 PM
He ran the ball more than he threw it at Texas and Houston

Now, break that down into designed run plays vs called pass plays that ended in either a scramble or a sack. Plus, he runs about 20% RPO.

CoachT14
10-19-2023, 12:31 PM
What specific character flaw can you point to about Lebby? Who his father in law is is NOT a character flaw. If that your argument that's just asinine. Should he have divorced his wife, who he married in 2011, because of her dad?

I've listed several about Herman. Who, again it's not someone I don't like, but who I want to see mature and run a good program. I like his offense. More to running a program than an offense though. A whole lot more.

It is a lot more.

Again, who's done this?

- Career Record - 57-25

I like Lebby. I like Lebby alot. Herman is mature enough to do a lot of good things as an HC and is turning around FAU with a quickness.

You're mistaking arrogance for childishness. Is he brash? Sure. Leach was, Mullen was, Jackie was.

Every single coach worth his salt is going to have some character flaws. It's pretty insane that you're arguing for Lebby and still saying Herman has character flaws.

Since you want specific examples of Lebby (something I didn't care to bring up):

1.At least one former Baylor student has reported she contacted Lebby directly after being slapped, kicked, choked and slammed against a wall by one of his running backs.

2. Lebby was involved in getting T-shirts made with #CAB on the front, which stood for Coach Art Briles.

3. Lebby brought Briles on the sideline after an OU game just this year.

Herman has nothing on that.

I know the Baylor situation as well. It is what it is. I'm not hashing that out.

Really Clark?
10-19-2023, 12:37 PM
Now, break that down into designed run plays vs called pass plays that ended in either a scramble or a sack. Plus, he runs about 20% RPO.

You can go ahead. Also do it by season and their win loss record for that year.

He was anywhere between close to 50/50 to 60/40 run pass for a given year. But it will be that he ran it more than he threw over his years at Houston and Texas.

Really Clark?
10-19-2023, 12:48 PM
It is a lot more.

Again, who's done this?

- Career Record - 57-25
- Ability to put together the best staff we?ve ever had here

I like Lebby. I like Lebby alot. Herman is mature enough to do a lot of good things as an HC and is turning around FAU with a quickness.

You're mistaking arrogance for childishness. Is he brash? Sure. Leach was, Mullen was, Jackie was.

Every single coach worth his salt is going to have some character flaws. It's pretty insane that you're arguing for Lebby and still saying Herman has character flaws.

Since you want specific examples of Lebby (something I didn't care to bring up):

1.At least one former Baylor student has reported she contacted Lebby directly after being slapped, kicked, choked and slammed against a wall by one of his running backs.

2. Lebby was involved in getting T-shirts made with #CAB on the front, which stood for Coach Art Briles.

3. Lebby brought Briles on the sideline after an OU game just this year.

Herman has nothing on that.

I know the Baylor situation as well. It is what it is. I'm not hashing that out.

Did you read what I posted? I already address the lady who brought that allegation during the lawsuit trial. It's a direct contradiction to her previous depositions under oath, even in 2021 years after the fact, that she gave sworn testimony that she only discussed the players grades with Lebby. That's your #1 point? Failed

The t-shirts were his wife's idea and started by her in 2016 right after the firing. It also raised money for a victims advocacy of sexual assault. Is that his flaw standing by his wife and supporting her family at the time all this occurred? Monies also being raised for a victims advocacy group? The only flaw you could say is if he knew Art was covering it up, which there is absolutely no evidence for.

He apologized for Art being on the field with his family and the rest of the coaching staffs families. That's a character flaw?

Maybe you need to read up on what's a character flaw.

Quaoarsking
10-19-2023, 01:19 PM
Herman would be a good hire. He didn't fail at Texas really at all.

confucius say
10-19-2023, 01:37 PM
You’re right. If you think a coach got fired for going 7-3 in a conference only schedule during COVID season we don’t need to continue the conversation. You know an exceptionally small amount about the University of Texas if you believe that.

It wasn't a conference only schedule

confucius say
10-19-2023, 01:38 PM
That’s better than the end of the Mack Brown Era post championship, the Charlie Strong Era, and better than Sark.

Maybe, just maybe, it’s a Texas issue not a Herman issue. His last year, Covid, he went 7-3 in an all Big 12 schedule. Didn’t get to play Kansas who was bad and blew out Colorado in the bowl game. There isn’t a single person we could hire this off-season with a better resume.

No he didn't. It wasn't an all big 12 schedule

confucius say
10-19-2023, 01:45 PM

- Career Record - 57-25

You're counting accolades achieved as a coordinator?

confucius say
10-19-2023, 01:50 PM

If that's the measuring stick, we would never win 6 games. Much less 8. We are the worst recruiter in the west

Saltydog
10-19-2023, 04:38 PM

Lane Kiffin only won 65% of his games at USC and that seems to be working out pretty well now doesn't it?

DesotoDog1967
10-19-2023, 04:45 PM
Seems the concensus is that Mrs Arnett should submit a change of address the end of November before the Christmas Cards start coming

Really Clark?
10-19-2023, 04:58 PM
Lane Kiffin only won 65% of his games at USC and that seems to be working out pretty well now doesn't it?

Lane went back down for 6 years before he got another opportunity in a power conference.

Homedawg
10-19-2023, 05:06 PM

Cool.

PGHBulldogBG
10-19-2023, 05:26 PM
Tom Herman gives me Houston Nutt, Dave Aranda and Jimbo vibes. Great for the first year or so with other coaches players but then starts to drop off when he has to recruit his own players and a bad talent evaluator. He declined at Houston after his first year and started declining at Texas after his second year. I want a coach like Chadwell that built a program from the ground up with his own recruits he got. Chadwell is showing this year he can win with other coaches players as well. He should be our main priority if we have to fire Arnett and he is a realistic hire

Maroonthirteen
10-19-2023, 05:58 PM
I'm looking forward to it, kinda. I'm anxious to see if the offense looks different. If the defense is improving.

However I dread it... in that if we lose.... the fan base will need strong meds and a ride to Whitfield for a few months.

TrapGame
10-19-2023, 06:01 PM
Tom Herman gives me Houston Nutt, Dave Aranda and Jimbo vibes. Great for the first year or so with other coaches players but then starts to drop off when he has to recruit his own players and a bad talent evaluator. He declined at Houston after his first year and started declining at Texas after his second year. I want a coach like Chadwell that built a program from the ground up with his own recruits he got. Chadwell is showing this year he can win with other coaches players as well. He should be our main priority if we have to fire Arnett and he is a realistic hire

I think Chadwell would be my first pick as well. Liberty hasn't missed a beat going from Freeze to him.

RockyDog
10-19-2023, 06:16 PM
I think Mike is gonna throw for 2 tuddies, run for 3 and stun the spike piggy crowd on Saturday afternoon

CoachT14
10-19-2023, 06:27 PM
You're counting accolades achieved as a coordinator?

Are they part of his coaching summary?

More than half of those accomplishments are HC accomplishments. But sure try to poke holes.

CoachT14
10-19-2023, 06:30 PM
No he didn't. It wasn't an all big 12 schedule

My bad. They played 1 game out of conference. Great job finding the random thing that doesn’t really effect what I stated.

confucius say
10-19-2023, 10:52 PM
My bad. They played 1 game out of conference. Great job finding the random thing that doesn’t really affect what I stated.

It absolutely affects it. 7-3 vs 6-3 is a difference.

confucius say
10-19-2023, 10:55 PM
Are they part of his coaching summary?

More than half of those accomplishments are HC accomplishments. But sure try to poke holes.

I was just trying to determine your defined parameters. Because if we are including accolades achieved as an assistant, I can find a lot of people with spectacular resumes. I mean mullen is a 2 time national champion with top 3 recruiting classes.

CoachT14
10-20-2023, 06:58 AM
It absolutely affects it. 7-3 vs 6-3 is a difference.

Cool.

CoachT14
10-20-2023, 06:59 AM
I was just trying to determine your defined parameters. Because if we are including accolades achieved as an assistant, I can find a lot of people with spectacular resumes. I mean mullen is a 2 time national champion with top 3 recruiting classes.

Well I would take Mullen over our current shitshow.

Dawgface
10-20-2023, 07:03 AM

Yep.

confucius say
10-20-2023, 07:51 AM

For sure. His numbers are at Florida are much better than Herman's at texas. I'm not saying Herman couldn't win here, but ******* resume is better.

KB21
10-20-2023, 12:36 PM
https://s3media.247sports.com/Uploads/Assets/808/48/12048808.jpeg?width=600&fit=bounds

HancockCountyDog
10-20-2023, 12:50 PM
I hate agreeing with KB21, but Herman would be a perfect fit.

First, he has won big games on a big damn stage. Second, he has a strong personality that we need. He talks shit to the other team, coaches, and fans. That is a good thing for MSU. We can't hire a Jomo or CZA that are bland and basically get zero media attention. He would put eyeballs on MSU, which is what we need in this NIL era.

We can't be bland. He isn't bland.

Also, if you take a close look at his record at Texas, it wasn't bad.

KB21
10-20-2023, 12:50 PM
I hate agreeing with KB21, but Herman would be a perfect fit.

First, he has won big games on a big damn stage. Second, he has a strong personality that we need. He talks shit to the other team, coaches, and fans. That is a good thing for MSU. We can't hire a Jomo or CZA that are bland and basically get zero media attention. He would put eyeballs on MSU, which is what we need in this NIL era.

We can't be bland. He isn't bland.

Also, if you take a close look at his record at Texas, it wasn't bad.

You don't like being correct?

HancockCountyDog
10-20-2023, 12:53 PM
You don't like being correct?

The mere fact that you won't admit that last year's defense carried us to 9 wins, tells me all I need to know about you being correct.

KB21
10-20-2023, 02:23 PM
Hmm. The negligence case against Art Briles has been dismissed. A federal judge ruled that there was no evidence he knew of any wrongdoing.

Hire Jeff Lebby and bring on Art as a senior offensive consultant.

Really Clark?
10-20-2023, 02:59 PM
Hmm. The negligence case against Art Briles has been dismissed. A federal judge ruled that there was no evidence he knew of any wrongdoing.

That was just the one case vs the woman who lied in her deposition. Baylor settle the 15 other lawsuits in Sept because they did NOT want them going to trial.

Homedawg
10-20-2023, 03:07 PM

If you think briles did nothing wrong, just wow. Now, Lebby shouldn't be held back because of his relationship to him. And ain't no way we are bringing briles in, in any fashion. Just a joke.

confucius say
10-20-2023, 08:27 PM

Why not just hire Briles then if he is clear?

Quaoarsking
10-20-2023, 08:39 PM
Just as a reminder, these are Tom Herman's records:

HOUSTON
2015: 13-1 (#8)
2016: 9-3

TEXAS
2017: 7-6 (3 straight losing seasons before he got there)
2018: 10-4 (#9)
2019: 8-5 (#25)
2020: 7-3 (#19)

FLORDIA ALANTIC
2023: so far 3-3, with 2 losses to P5 teams. Also taking over a team with 2 straight losing seasons.

There's not going to be a more proven head coach out there that we could hire. That doesn't necessarily mean he's the #1 best choice for us, but he'd be a very solid hire. The fact that Texas fired him after 3 straight ranked finishes is not a reason for us not to hire him.

Even in the 3-loss season that got him fired, he had a 3-point loss to the team that finished #9, a 4OT loss to the team that finished #6, and an OT loss to a team that finished unranked but with a winning record.

schddog72
10-20-2023, 08:58 PM
I have the feelings I had during the Shira, Felker, Croom and JoMo years. I actually thought we were beyond this after 60 years of being a State fan.

I haven't felt this low about Bulldog football since the 74 - 0 drubbing at Houston in 1969.

basedog
10-20-2023, 09:41 PM
I haven't felt this low about Bulldog football since the 74 - 0 drubbing at Houston in 1969.

Right off the bat Jack says "I think we may set some bad records tonight"!

Schultzy
10-20-2023, 09:50 PM

He wouldn't take you

Coach34
10-20-2023, 11:41 PM

Were you in a coma during the Croom years? He lost to freaking Maine

Holy shit the hyperbole around this place

Homedawg
10-21-2023, 12:14 AM

You missed a lot of years that sucked way worse than this one.

Homedawg
10-21-2023, 12:15 AM

Or tech and ten. ..... and numerous 3-8 records since that time as well back when we were playing 11 games.

Homedawg
10-21-2023, 12:16 AM

Or tech and ten. ..... and numerous 3-8 records since that time as well back when we were playing 11 games.

Todd4State
10-21-2023, 01:10 AM
Just as a reminder, these are Tom Herman's records:

HOUSTON
2015: 13-1 (#8)
2016: 9-3

TEXAS
2017: 7-6 (3 straight losing seasons before he got there)
2018: 10-4 (#9)
2019: 8-5 (#25)
2020: 7-3 (#19)

FLORDIA ALANTIC
2023: so far 3-3, with 2 losses to P5 teams. Also taking over a team with 2 straight losing seasons.

There's not going to be a more proven head coach out there that we could hire. That doesn't necessarily mean he's the #1 best choice for us, but he'd be a very solid hire. The fact that Texas fired him after 3 straight ranked finishes is not a reason for us not to hire him.

Even in the 3-loss season that got him fired, he had a 3-point loss to the team that finished #9, a 4OT loss to the team that finished #6, and an OT loss to a team that finished unranked but with a winning record.

Also as far as this season he has his team in a tie for first place in their division in the AAC despite it being year one and a 3-3 record. I wouldn't be surprised if they make a run here the last six games of the season.

KB21
10-21-2023, 06:04 AM
Why not just hire Briles then if he is clear?

Too old.

Pancho
10-21-2023, 06:25 AM
Herman or Lebby would be great hires if they are allowed to hire a complete staff totally void of interference.

basedog
10-21-2023, 08:31 AM

Big difference 34, we were competitive against Maine** LOL

CoachT14
10-21-2023, 09:35 AM
He wouldn't take you

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/ed/a6/ac/eda6ac5046f4ba71ef0a9a08d5008c6e.jpg

msudawg1200
10-21-2023, 09:58 AM
Herman or Lebby would be great hires if they are allowed to hire a complete staff totally void of interference.

^This

Maverick91
10-21-2023, 10:14 AM
The other thing for Herman we would probably be the most motivated team playing Texas and Oklahoma each year. He would want to make a statement against them.

ScoobaDawg
10-21-2023, 10:22 AM
Big difference 34, we were competitive against Maine** LOL

You probably think 3-2 was the most competitive game ever ***

Schultzy
10-21-2023, 10:29 AM
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/ed/a6/ac/eda6ac5046f4ba71ef0a9a08d5008c6e.jpg

He wouldn’t come back and didn’t want to be here when he left, even with a great team coming back…so I’m so tired of people saying they would take a coach back who couldnt wait to leave here.

basedog
10-21-2023, 10:48 AM
LOL, It's up there as well!