PDA

View Full Version : Brian Johnson - OC Philadelphia Eagles

Leeshouldveflanked
10-18-2023, 06:33 AM
That?s who I would target. He has coach Dak, Fitz and Jalen Hurts. He would be a younger Dan Mullen who is not the jerk that Mullen is.

The Federalist Engineer
10-18-2023, 06:48 AM
BJ also has an epic, unforgettable Sugar Bowl where he beat the Sabans like drum. He was the QB in the game.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/boxscore/_/gameId/290020333

WinningIsRelentless
10-18-2023, 07:06 AM
He isn?t coming back to college game. They actually have downtime in the nfl.

Really Clark?
10-18-2023, 07:18 AM
Yeah he is going to have opportunities in the NFL, he's staying there for a while.

bulldogcountry1
10-18-2023, 07:21 AM
Maybe the team could be Back in Black for his first game.

StarkVegasSteve
10-18-2023, 08:21 AM
Probably our last chance to truly hire Johnson would have been after Mullen left. He had been the OC at Houston and we went OC with Moorhead. After we fired Moorhead we were not going back to the OC route and nowadays Johnson will not leave the NFL because he probably is going to be a HC pretty soon. The work he has done with Hurts is absolutely remarkable. I mean Hurts was good before, but Johnson has turned him into great. I still think about the possibility of Hurts succeeding Dak about once a week. Mullen had him hidden just like Jones, and then Saban and Kiffin found him

Leeshouldveflanked
10-18-2023, 09:32 AM
I wish Nick Saban would have taken that into consideration

maroonmania
10-18-2023, 10:24 AM
I wish Nick Saban would have taken that into consideration

Saban loathes downtime.

The Federalist Engineer
10-18-2023, 07:09 PM

Stop crushing people's good ideas. I would take this dude today.

Also, if you look at NFL coaches, they don't look like they get downtime. They look like walking heart attacks, process food diet, and office sleepers. Other than the LA Rams kid, most look like chewed gum.

Pancho
10-19-2023, 05:58 AM
u seen the dolphins HC?

KB21
10-19-2023, 08:44 AM

Also, if you look at NFL coaches, they don't look like they get downtime. They look like walking heart attacks, process food diet, and office sleepers. Other than the LA Rams kid, most look like chewed gum.

https://www.si.com/.image/t_share/MTY4MDE3MTYwNzcyNDYxOTUy/mcvay-shanahan-lafleur-mcdanieljpg.jpg

StarkVegasSteve
10-19-2023, 09:20 AM
https://www.si.com/.image/t_share/MTY4MDE3MTYwNzcyNDYxOTUy/mcvay-shanahan-lafleur-mcdanieljpg.jpg

What is crazy is all those coaches were on the same staff at one point.

Johnson85
10-19-2023, 11:11 AM

I think NFL coaches have a more intense schedule during the season and a longer season, but then they get downtime. Outside looking in I'd much rather do the NFL schedule. I think the only argument for college coaching was that you had so much more control over the players, but now that's more or less over with the easy transfers and NIL.

KB21
10-19-2023, 11:35 AM
Eagles/Dolphins will be a fun game Sunday.

I don't know if he will get one this coaching cycle, but Brian Johnson is one of the top young assistants in the NFL. Ben Johnson with the Lions is the guy everyone will want in this coaching hire cycle.