PDA

View Full Version : What's the Word on Will Rogers?

TrapGame
10-16-2023, 10:50 AM
Bo Bounds was saying this morning he's hearing Will is out until the USM game.

Commercecomet24
10-16-2023, 11:03 AM
Yeah I think he's out at the very least 4 weeks.

Dawgface
10-16-2023, 11:05 AM
Sounds like we're screwed.

Cooterpoot
10-16-2023, 11:09 AM
I thought this is what everybody wanted; A chance to play Wright.

Homedawg
10-16-2023, 11:23 AM
Bo Bounds was saying this morning he's hearing Will is out until the USM game.

does he play defense?

Extendedcab
10-16-2023, 11:25 AM
Before I joined this board a few years ago, I used to think I was the biggest temperamental MSU fan as I used to get mad, kick stuff, throw stuff, cuss at the TV, sulk and have a general sour disposition when MSU lost or was having a crappy season.

But after joining this board, my eyes have been opened as there are a lot of posters here that surpass me by a large margin. I now have to relinquish my "self appointed" title of biggest temperamental MSU fan to members of this board!

I pray for a solution to the reason we are grumpy!

Hail State!!!!!!!!

Dawgface
10-16-2023, 11:48 AM
I thought this is what everybody wanted; A chance to play Wright.

I do. But I prefer having both available.

Commercecomet24
10-16-2023, 11:52 AM
Before I joined this board a few years ago, I used to think I was the biggest temperamental MSU fan as I used to get mad, kick stuff, throw stuff, cuss at the TV, sulk and have a general sour disposition when MSU lost or was having a crappy season.

But after joining this board, my eyes have been opened as there are a lot of posters here that surpass me by a large margin. I now have to relinquish my "self appointed" title of biggest temperamental MSU fan to members of this board!

Hail State!!!!!!!!

Amen to this and I understand exactly where you're coming from!

WSOPdawg
10-16-2023, 12:14 PM
I'm so glad our athletic department and coaching staff are keeping EVERYONE updated on our injury situation.

StarkVegasSteve
10-16-2023, 12:22 PM
I'm so glad our athletic department and coaching staff are keeping EVERYONE updated on our injury situation.

I mean you at least want the illusion that Will might play so Arkansas has to prepare for two. Everyone knows he is not playing though. Hadad and Faulk both said exactly that today. I do not imagine we see Will til at least USM.

Todd4State
10-16-2023, 01:00 PM
If I was Will I'd just sit out the rest of the year and then transfer somewhere else.

Freeze will still probably take him at worst.

NCDawg
10-16-2023, 01:16 PM
If I was Will I'd just sit out the rest of the year and then transfer somewhere else.

Freeze will still probably take him at worst.

Probably a good idea. This offense isn't for Will. Will led us to some great victories at Texas A&M, Auburn, and Ole Miss under Leach's offense. I think Arnett made a mistake changing the offense in Will's senior year.

Matt3467
10-16-2023, 01:17 PM
We have 6 QBs on the roster that I can see. 3 of which I've never heard of then the obvious 3 which are Rogers, Wright, and Parson. With Rogers out for several weeks and Wright likely the one starting who is getting the backup reps? Is it Parson?

DownwardDawg
10-16-2023, 01:20 PM

Hail State!!!!!!!!

Amen

confucius say
10-16-2023, 01:57 PM
Don't expect to see parson anytime soon

Really Clark?
10-16-2023, 02:00 PM
We have 6 QBs on the roster that I can see. 3 of which I've never heard of then the obvious 3 which are Rogers, Wright, and Parson. With Rogers out for several weeks and Wright likely the one starting who is getting the backup reps? Is it Parson?

Weir will get back up reps

Leroy Jenkins
10-16-2023, 02:36 PM

I used to do this, then I had an epiphany. Why let the game ruin your day/weekend, when the players who are actually playing the game are playing slap-ass and yucking it up with the other team on the field after the game? For the rest them, as soon as the clock strikes 0:00 they are chasing some tail; getting drug up and down the field didn't ruin their day like it should have. Why let it ruin mine? I refuse to be more emotionally affected by the game than our staff/players/coaches.

Maverick91
10-16-2023, 03:10 PM
I used to do this, then I had an epiphany. Why let the game ruin your day/weekend, when the players who are actually playing the game are playing slap-ass and yucking it up with the other team on the field after the game? For the rest them, as soon as the clock strikes 0:00 they are chasing some tail; getting drug up and down the field didn't ruin their day like it should have. Why let it ruin mine? I refuse to be more emotionally affected by the game than our staff/players/coaches.

I am to have your emotional maturity.

sandjunky
10-16-2023, 03:24 PM

I think it was the 3rdyear of Crxxm that I had that epiphany- it had been 5 years of suffrage in a row

Obviously we have had good years since
but I still to this day expect us to ?MState? it up in some way each weekend

Now that feeling has transitioned to the dirt diamond

SailingDawg
10-16-2023, 03:25 PM

I stopped doing all that when Rockey Felker was on his was to a 3-8 season. It?s much more fun watching the entirety of college football with realistic expectations.

I feel we were fortunate to have Mullen and Dak.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
10-16-2023, 03:45 PM
He told a friend of mine he was fine just a little sore and banged up.

Coach34
10-16-2023, 08:17 PM
Unless he has a hairline fracture or something in his collarbone- I expect Rogers to play. His throwing shoulder was not hurt- it was his other shoulder.

schddog72
10-16-2023, 08:24 PM

Hail State!!!!!!!!

This!!

HancockCountyDog
10-16-2023, 10:35 PM
He told a friend of mine he was fine just a little sore and banged up.

I would think a few posters on here would know for sure.

EdwardDrayton
10-16-2023, 10:58 PM
As incredible as it seems, the NFL has overtaken the college game. Thank you Dak and the Cowboys.

Dawgology
10-16-2023, 11:38 PM
As incredible as it seems, the NFL has overtaken the college game. Thank you Dak and the Cowboys.

This exactly. The NIL has created what the NFL would look like with no salary caps and no draft. The NFL as a league understands the craptastic product that would create.

The Federalist Engineer
10-17-2023, 01:12 AM

Hail State!!!!!!!!

You mellow with age.

Jeb Busch Lite
10-17-2023, 07:57 AM
I?ve heard it?s an issue with his SC joint and will be surprising if he?s back by Kentucky. Take it for what it?s worth

TrapGame
10-17-2023, 08:44 AM
I?ve heard it?s an issue with his SC joint and will be surprising if he?s back by Kentucky. Take it for what it?s worth

Bo said it again today that "strong rumor" has Will out until USM.

Maroonthirteen
10-17-2023, 10:33 AM
My sources is telling me.... Wright is watching cut ups of the Arkansas defense in class today. I hope someone is taking notes of the actual class for him.

But my source says he is always watching football in class.

Commercecomet24
10-17-2023, 10:53 AM
I'd be shocked if Will plays in the next few weeks. Just what i've been hearing, but who the heck knows anymore.

MaroonFlounder
10-17-2023, 11:22 AM
Rogers' decision to tuck and run against Western Freakin' Michigan was a fateful one.

Do that in a conference game, OK.

We deserve to be down to Wright and the guys who have never taken a snap in a game.

confucius say
10-17-2023, 11:44 AM
We called qb draw vs Bama and WM

DesotoDog1967
10-17-2023, 11:49 AM
This would break a 41 game streak as starter?

Commercecomet24
10-17-2023, 12:27 PM
Rogers' decision to tuck and run against Western Freakin' Michigan was a fateful one.

Do that in a conference game, OK.

We deserve to be down to Wright and the guys who have never taken a snap in a game.

Ever notice nothing good ever happens when Will tries to run the ball. Just do like Brady, if aint there throw it away and don't take a hit or a sack.

BrunswickDawg
10-17-2023, 12:35 PM
Ever notice nothing good ever happens when Will tries to run the ball. Just do like Brady, if aint there throw it away and don't take a hit or a sack.

As I texted my guys at one point - "How can a guy with over 10,000 passing yards remind me so much of Mike Henig?"

Commercecomet24
10-17-2023, 12:55 PM
As I texted my guys at one point - "How can a guy with over 10,000 passing yards remind me so much of Mike Henig?"

Man I still cringe at the thought of that lsu game with poor mike. He got hit so much and had more ints than completions.

Churchill
10-17-2023, 12:55 PM

They both have the appearance of being kinda fragile

parabrave
10-17-2023, 01:00 PM
Matt just said Will and Woody are day to day.

LibraryDawg
10-17-2023, 04:53 PM
Man I still cringe at the thought of that lsu game with poor mike. He got hit so much and had more ints than completions.

I was in school at MSU at the time and there was a rumor that went around about one of Henig's professors dogging him out about the 6 picks the next day in class.

BuckyIsAB****
10-17-2023, 07:25 PM
Unless he has a hairline fracture or something in his collarbone- I expect Rogers to play. His throwing shoulder was not hurt- it was his other shoulder.

Well he aint

Coach34
10-17-2023, 08:18 PM
Well he aint

oh well. Hope he gets well soon. Next man up

CadaverDawg
10-17-2023, 09:33 PM
Well he aint

What you gonna do with your free weekend, Buck?**

Leeshouldveflanked
10-18-2023, 06:06 AM
We need to see if Wright or Parson has what it takes to be the QB for next year anyways.

Matt3467
10-18-2023, 07:55 AM
Matt just said Will and Woody are day to day.

Isn't that what Arnett said at his presser this week?

Johnson85
10-18-2023, 08:49 AM
They both have the appearance of being kinda fragile

Who knows if Mike Henig was fragile because I'm not sure how many quarterbacks could stand up to the abuse he took. Sure, somebody like Relf or KJ Wright are better suited for it just by virtue of being much bigger, but they'd probably have spent a lot of time banged up also behind that line.

Will has been helped by being in the air raid and being pretty good about getting rid of the ball, plus he had Cross protecting his backside for a while, but I don't think you can call him fragile when he made it this long in the SEC before having a significant injury.

Johnson85
10-18-2023, 08:50 AM
Isn't that what Arnett said at his presser this week?

I doubt they are going to say anything that allows the other team to game plan for just Wright.

BuckyIsAB****
10-18-2023, 06:26 PM
What you gonna do with your free weekend, Buck?**

Argue with you

Dawgology
10-18-2023, 07:46 PM
Will is fine. He may not play the first series but he will be in during the first quarter

CadaverDawg
10-18-2023, 08:29 PM
Argue with you

Haha probably. Can't wait for you to start acting like I think Wright is a better QB than Will. IT'S COMING.

BuckyIsAB****
10-19-2023, 09:04 AM
Haha probably. Can't wait for you to start acting like I think Wright is a better QB than Will. IT'S COMING.

I hope Wright wins out. We are on the same team

BuckyIsAB****
10-19-2023, 09:05 AM
Will is fine. He may not play the first series but he will be in during the first quarter

No hes not

State82
10-19-2023, 10:36 AM

I feel pretty confident that this most likely is not the case.

MaroonFlounder
10-19-2023, 11:45 AM
I feel pretty confident that this most likely is not the case.

It's not his throwing shoulder. Unless it affects taking the snap, he could technically play

Homedawg
10-19-2023, 11:47 AM
I have no reason to believe that Rogers is going to play.

FISHDAWG
10-19-2023, 12:48 PM
It's not his throwing shoulder. Unless it affects taking the snap, he could technically play

I had a pin put in my left shoulder due to HS football.... it healed but affected my throwing later (I'm right handed) in baseball.... if he has a shoulder injury of the non-throwing side it could and probably will effect the throwing

Commercecomet24
10-19-2023, 01:24 PM
I have no reason to believe that Rogers is going to play.

This, he's not playing and probably won't for several weeks, if at all this season.

EdwardDrayton
10-19-2023, 06:13 PM
This, he's not playing and probably won't for several weeks, if at all this season.

Now I believe he's not playing.

Dawgface
10-19-2023, 08:30 PM
Will has another year due to Covid.....right? If he truly does not play any more this year I wonder what he will do next year? Come back or transfer? I guess it all depends on how the rest of his year plays out and if the staff returns.

Coach34
10-19-2023, 08:49 PM
Will has another year due to Covid.....right? If he truly does not play any more this year I wonder what he will do next year? Come back or transfer? I guess it all depends on how the rest of his year plays out and if the staff returns.

I predict he goes to Western Kentucky to finish his career

KOdawg1
10-20-2023, 07:35 AM
I predict he goes to Western Kentucky to finish his career

That'd be a good fit for him.

Go to an AR offense at a lower level where his deficiencies aren't maximized and he can set records.

Extendedcab
10-20-2023, 07:36 AM
Why Western Kentucky? Does he have connections there?

Really Clark?
10-20-2023, 07:49 AM
Why Western Kentucky? Does he have connections there?

Drew Hollingshead is the OC at WKU

confucius say
10-20-2023, 07:53 AM
Will would have several P5 offers. I mean auburn offered him way more NIL than we did. If he goes to wk, it will be because he just wants to.

ZedFedder
10-20-2023, 09:48 AM
Will has done well for MSU, and he has maxed his potential. After this year, though, it will be time to move on for both parties.

Coach34
10-20-2023, 09:52 AM
Will would have several P5 offers. I mean auburn offered him way more NIL than we did. If he goes to wk, it will be because he just wants to.

Would know alot of the system there already instead of learning a 3rd new system in 3 years somewhere else

Johnson85
10-20-2023, 10:27 AM

I would assume if Will wants to leave, it will be pretty likely that he would want to go to a place like that. I would think he'll certainly have opportunities to go to a P5 school where there is not QB competition, and if one of those is a school like Auburn that's willing to throw some NIL money at him, maybe he goes there. But his NFL stock is what it is. If I were him I'd rather go somewhere that I'm not consistently challenged by my athleticism and just as importantly, where I'm not consistently playing with WRs outmatched by the defense. If he goes somewhere like WKU with an OC he's familiar with running a scheme that suits him, he will likely blow up the record books and have a lot of fun. Alternatively, he can go to a P5 school and very likely be in a similar position as at MSU, where his reward for being the starting QB and the best QB on campus will usually be for fans to bitch that he's not better.

ETA: I guess my one major caveat would be that if he could get to a Power 5 school that has a good Oline and a first round draft pick type talent at WR where he could throw some 50/50 deep balls, that would be an opportunity he hasn't had at state and would maybe put him in a position to prove he wasn't the major limiting factor in not having big plays.

Cowbell
10-20-2023, 10:44 AM
Is Will not playing purely due to injury or are there other factors at ply?

HancockCountyDog
10-20-2023, 11:17 AM

If Will was healthy, he would be playing.

I would think the kid has proven that at this point.

Really Clark?
10-20-2023, 11:23 AM

Strictly about his injury