PDA

View Full Version : PJ Woodland Decommits

confucius say
10-16-2023, 04:16 AM
What is the deal there? His Twitter post said due to unforeseen circumstances, which is weird. It reads more like it was not his decision.

Leeshouldveflanked
10-16-2023, 06:07 AM
The unforeseen circumstances are LSU and Ole Miss offering him a scholarship

Really Clark?
10-16-2023, 06:13 AM
The unforeseen circumstances are LSU and Ole Miss offering him a scholarship

He's had an UM scholarship and could have committed to them at any time. That's irrelevant.

If LSU is willing to take his commitment, that would be the change.

Santiago
10-16-2023, 06:56 AM
He saw all that physical football this weekend on TV ***

ZedFedder
10-16-2023, 07:29 AM
David Johnson cb?d him to OM.

Santiago
10-16-2023, 07:34 AM

Didn't see that yet, but man they are outworking us on MS players now. NIL, or whatever reasons. Them being ranked is helping as well in both donations and the big Mo.
Someone tell me again how this current staff is making progress because it is getting cloudy ***

Dawgology
10-16-2023, 07:44 AM
This football program is in shambles. It’s unfortunate. Completely unprepared for the new college football paradigm.

Leeshouldveflanked
10-16-2023, 07:55 AM
This football program is in shambles. It’s unfortunate. Completely unprepared for the new college football paradigm.
Thanks Cohen and Bracky! Hopefully Selmon has completed his observations and will take action on the Coach. Selmon is taking action on the NIL piece but we were a year behind everyone else getting started.

civildawg
10-16-2023, 08:17 AM
Ole miss is widening the gap between us and them. We are the Vandy of the west. This next football hire could make or break our program. No pressure selmon

CoachT14
10-16-2023, 08:41 AM

Anyone who tells you otherwise is just toting water or putting their fingers in the ears yelling, la la la, to avoid accepting reality.

Coach34
10-16-2023, 08:45 AM
He was told to look elsewhere from what I understand. We plan to juco/portal for those spots

RezDog7
10-16-2023, 08:55 AM
He was told to look elsewhere from what I understand. We plan to juco/portal for those spots

I want to believe you, but that makes zero sense. Our current corners are awful. The juco that's committed now is awful. This just seems stupid.

CoachT14
10-16-2023, 08:56 AM

Hahahahaha. Of course your buddies on staff told you so that you can try and change the perception of this. When he commits to OM or LSU, you'll say he didn't have a commit-able offer.

Leroy Jenkins
10-16-2023, 09:00 AM
WTVA is getting all the mileage they can from a October decommitment. Lol.

Cooterpoot
10-16-2023, 09:02 AM

What David does with his balls is his business

Cooterpoot
10-16-2023, 09:05 AM

I don't believe that at all. But with this Amateur Hour staff, who knows. Juco is trash and a waste of time this year. I'll believe we sign difference makers in the portal when I see it. But honestly, these guys are probably getting fired anyway.

gtowndawg
10-16-2023, 09:20 AM

Yep. I give to NIL every month but if we don't have leadership and a real staff in place none of it matters. We need change from the top down.

Santiago
10-16-2023, 09:41 AM
Yep. I give to NIL every month but if we don't have leadership and a real staff in place none of it matters. We need change from the top down.

Same here. I give each month, but wanted to give a large donation end of the year. But with this poor leadership both on staff and in our administration (not Selmon yet) in how they dismantled this offseason, I don't think that money does anything.

Cooterpoot
10-16-2023, 10:09 AM
We hired all these MS connections, even put the guy everybody knows on the sidelines and all this support staff and we can't recruit our own asses out of our underwear.

confucius say
10-16-2023, 10:13 AM
Hahahahaha. Of course your buddies on staff told you so that you can try and change the perception of this. When he commits to OM or LSU, you'll say he didn't have a commit-able offer.

Far be it for me to defend this staff, but look at his tweet. Pretty obvious this was not his choice.
If he is going to OM, that tells what you need to know. Because he's had an offer there all along.

I would take him, but the last two weeks all the talk has been we are going juco heavy. Think offseason following 2016.

Cooterpoot
10-16-2023, 10:30 AM
Far be it for me to defend this staff, but look at his tweet. Pretty obvious this was not his choice.
If he is going to OM, that tells what you need to know. Because he's had an offer there all along.

I would take him, but the last two weeks all the talk has been we are going juco heavy. Think offseason following 2016.

He wasn't dropped and that came from someone at Oak Grove. They said he thinks LSU is going to offer and if not, he's going to OM. Said OM has been all over him.
And Juco sucks, so if they want to go that route they're desperate.

CoachT14
10-16-2023, 10:34 AM

I'd take what he tweeted with a grain of salt. If we dropped him, this staff is more stupid than I thought.

PGHBulldogBG
10-16-2023, 11:38 AM
It sounds like this is a LSU NIL offer

confucius say
10-16-2023, 11:47 AM
I'd take what he tweeted with a grain of salt. If we dropped him, this staff is more stupid than I thought.

I agree with your last sentence. But I'd said the same thing about radar Jones and Rogers

confucius say
10-16-2023, 11:48 AM
He wasn't dropped and that came from someone at Oak Grove. They said he thinks LSU is going to offer and if not, he's going to OM. Said OM has been all over him.

Heck yea we're desperate.

Cooterpoot
10-16-2023, 12:32 PM
Heck yea we're desperate.

It's so sad. This shit can't end fast enough. We've got to go get someone that can run a program. This staff ain't it.

Todd4State
10-16-2023, 12:53 PM
It's so sad. This shit can't end fast enough. We've got to go get someone that can run a program. This staff ain't it.

This is for damn sure. Worst I've ever seen at MSU.

Biguglyjoe
10-16-2023, 12:57 PM
This is for damn sure. Worst I've ever seen at MSU.
And the competition for that title is fierce.

Todd4State
10-16-2023, 01:01 PM
And the competition for that title is fierce.

Well I've been around for Felker, Croom, and Moorhead so there is some competition there.

Biguglyjoe
10-16-2023, 01:02 PM
Well I've been around for Felker, Croom, and Moorhead so there is some competition there.

So have I, and I agree.

confucius say
10-16-2023, 02:00 PM
How is this worse than Croom? I'm not seeing it

Tripp McNeely
10-16-2023, 02:04 PM

It's not

TrapGame
10-16-2023, 02:16 PM

It's Reverse Croom - average offense, horrible defense.

Coach34
10-16-2023, 02:36 PM
It's Reverse Croom - average offense, horrible defense.

Arnett is undefeated OOC. Croom got beat by errybody

TrapGame
10-16-2023, 02:40 PM

Yeah, thank God DeLaura was playing instead of Fifita. ***

HoopsDawg
10-16-2023, 02:40 PM

Croom put together that 2009 recruiting class.

Santiago
10-16-2023, 04:04 PM
Both Croom and Arnett have burned the eligibility of a true freshman on offense, when it was not necessary....so Arnett is on his way.

confucius say
10-16-2023, 04:18 PM
Both Croom and Arnett have burned the eligibility of a true freshman on offense, when it was not necessary....so Arnett is on his way.

Who?

This isn't 2007. With the portal and free transfers, you play anybody who can help you.

DownwardDawg
10-16-2023, 04:20 PM

I miss JoMo

TrapGame
10-16-2023, 04:32 PM

And if Selmon can't sniff that out we got a dud in at AD.

Bothrops
10-16-2023, 05:35 PM

Why would we tell the best DB in the state to look elsewhere?

PGHBulldogBG
10-16-2023, 05:47 PM

Because we don?t have enough NIL money to match what LSU is willing to pay him

Santiago
10-16-2023, 05:59 PM
Who?

This isn't 2007. With the portal and free transfers, you play anybody who can help you.

We burned a true freshman OL, who need a redshirt year like almost any OL. Burned it so we could have enough TE's for the new system.

Cooterpoot
10-16-2023, 06:18 PM
Because we don?t have enough NIL money to match what LSU is willing to pay him

It's not LSU right now

Cooterpoot
10-16-2023, 06:21 PM
Look, we're not going to have shit for talent until we abort this staff. Some of the offers they're throwing around is pathetic! This program has been dismantled by Leach and this bunch. I'd hold my NIL money til the next staff gets here. No point in wasting it.

BuckyIsAB****
10-16-2023, 06:53 PM

He was told.

Arnett left OG game at halftime Friday night an pulled offer

BuckyIsAB****
10-16-2023, 06:55 PM

He was absolutely dropped

Bothrops
10-16-2023, 06:55 PM
I miss JoMo

No you don't

BuckyIsAB****
10-16-2023, 06:56 PM

Because he is small and was getting beat pretty handily

HancockCountyDog
10-16-2023, 07:04 PM
He was told.

Arnett left OG game at halftime Friday night an pulled offer

Why would we go to his game at halftime only to pull his offer?

Just weird all around.

Turfdawg67
10-16-2023, 07:33 PM
What is the deal there? His Twitter post said due to unforeseen circumstances, which is weird. It reads more like it was not his decision.

So the "unforeseen circumstances" are that he can't cover anyone... according to Bucky. Hmmm...

CoachT14
10-16-2023, 07:40 PM
Because he is small and was getting beat pretty handily

So offer is pulled because of one bad game against Brandon? This joke of a staff.

BuckyIsAB****
10-16-2023, 07:41 PM
So the "unforeseen circumstances" are that he can't cover anyone... according to Bucky. Hmmm...

Plays a lot of WR too. But Arnett was absolutely at the game and left early. Arnett and Hughes.

BuckyIsAB****
10-16-2023, 07:41 PM
So offer is pulled because of one bad game against Brandon? This joke of a staff.

He is not very big. And yes, they did indeed have a bad day against Brandon

Turfdawg67
10-16-2023, 07:48 PM

Croom won 2 SEC games his first year, let's see how many Arnett wins. Croom inherited a team that had won 8 games in three years while Arnett inherited a team that won 9 games LAST year. I cannot believe I'm having to defend Sly Croom... but your buffoonery for CZA is worse.

Coach34
10-16-2023, 08:20 PM
Croom won 2 SEC games his first year, let's see how many Arnett wins. Croom inherited a team that had won 8 games in three years while Arnett inherited a team that won 9 games LAST year. I cannot believe I'm having to defend Sly Croom... but your buffoonery for CZA is worse.

alot of the talent from last year is gone too. We are left with the guys not good enough to play in the NFL and why they are in their 5th/6th year of college

schddog72
10-16-2023, 08:33 PM

I was around for Shira as well . . . . .

Turfdawg67
10-16-2023, 08:53 PM
alot of the talent from last year is gone too. We are left with the guys not good enough to play in the NFL and why they are in their 5th/6th year of college

Croom inherited a team that had zero players drafted in 2004. Let's just hope Arnett doesn't lose to errbody in the SEC this year, that would be something even Croom didn't do.

Offshore Dawg
10-16-2023, 08:58 PM
show me the money 💰

Coach34
10-16-2023, 09:10 PM
Croom inherited a team that had zero players drafted in 2004. Let's just hope Arnett doesn't lose to errbody in the SEC this year, that would be something even Croom didn't do.

Croom inherited numerous guys that got drafted. Stewart and Fields in 2005. Norwood in 2006. This team likely wont have anybody drafted this year unless Woody gets a late round grab.

Turfdawg67
10-16-2023, 09:25 PM
Croom inherited numerous guys that got drafted. Stewart and Fields in 2005. Norwood in 2006. This team likely wont have anybody drafted this year unless Woody gets a late round grab.

Lol! Keep on losing any cred you may have had... You were arguing in another thread that Woody would be drafted and now he "may get a late round flyer". So no late flyers on Watson, Pickering, Griffin, Crumedy, huh??

Coach34
10-16-2023, 09:36 PM
Lol! Keep on losing any cred you may have had... You were arguing in another thread that Woody would be drafted and now he "may get a late round flyer". So no late flyers on Watson, Pickering, Griffin, Crumedy, huh??

I think Woody gets grabbed late after a Senior Bowl performance. None of the current mocks have any of those guys

https://www.nflmockdraftdatabase.com/players/2024/joquavious-marks - Marks at 289 currently

Crumedy? 843rd https://www.nflmockdraftdatabase.com/players/2024/jaden-crumedy

Watson? 402nd https://www.nflmockdraftdatabase.com/players/2024/nathaniel-watson

Pickering? 326th https://www.nflmockdraftdatabase.com/players/2024/nathan-pickering

Tulu? Not even rated right now https://www.nflmockdraftdatabase.com/search?q=Lideatrick+Griffin

Homedawg
10-16-2023, 09:46 PM

Watson, no. Pickering no, griffin doubt it. Crumdey is best shot of actually making a team. But not drafted.