PDA

View Full Version : Sunday Afternoon Thoughts-Even the BYE QB threw for 300 yds

StarkVegasSteve
10-15-2023, 05:15 PM
Yesterday was a good day to just sit back and relax without seeing what QB we were going to make look like Tom Brady that day.

1. It really sucks that we are terrible this year. The SEC is as down as it has been and will be for a long time. With an even halfway competent DC and defense we would be guaranteed for 7-8 wins.

2. The next two games should decide the fate of Zach Arnett. 2-0 and he is good, 1-1 and he probably is still ok but will need to beat UK, and obviously 0-2 and he should be let go. Now whether Selmon has the balls to pull the trigger on it or whether are boosters will put up the money for that is a different story. I think Selmon would fire him today if he could I just do not know if our boosters will be willing to do it because that could mean their access is cut off and they cannot act like big shots at Reunion, Annandale, and CCJ anymore with their insider info.

3. Arkansas and Auburn are both as gettable as they have been in a long time. Arkansas has no clue what they are doing on offense over half the time and Auburn has less than a clue what is going on with the offensive side of the ball.

4. If Will cannot go we are screwed in either of these games. If he can go we are only probably screwed.

5. We need to get a transfer QB this off-season no matter who the coach is.

Really Clark?
10-15-2023, 05:24 PM
Selmon would not fire him today or even consider it.

TrapGame
10-15-2023, 05:42 PM
#1: I'm so pissed off. A Mullen or Leach as HC and we're easily 9-3 this season.

#2: I expect some attitudes might change when we go 4-8 and are absolutely embarrassed in the EB.

#3: Arkansas, Auburn and Kentucky are winnable games. I just don't see us winning any one of them.

#4: Yeah, it really doesn't matter who's QB at this point.

#5: We need to work the portal hard for next season.

Cooterpoot
10-15-2023, 06:08 PM
People are already toting water for this shitalicious staff. Going to be a fight to get rid of this staff regardless of record unless it's winless in the SEC.

Todd4State
10-15-2023, 06:48 PM
People are already toting water for this shitalicious staff. Going to be a fight to get rid of this staff regardless of record unless it's winless in the SEC.

Losing to Ole Miss changes things pretty quickly for many people.

Cooterpoot
10-15-2023, 07:07 PM

I don't think you understand the depths of the buddy system. Unless he goes winless it's a crap shoot at best.

Tbonewannabe
10-15-2023, 08:08 PM

This could be a bigger blowout than the last Croom game.

EdwardDrayton
10-15-2023, 08:15 PM

It's the Egg Bowl so we know anything can happen. But it's possible this one turns into a 49ers-Cowboys debacle.

Schultzy
10-15-2023, 08:28 PM
#1: I'm so pissed off. A Mullen or Leach as HC and we're easily 9-3 this season.

#2: I expect some attitudes might change when we go 4-8 and are absolutely embarrassed in the EB.

#3: Arkansas, Auburn and Kentucky are winnable games. I just don't see us winning any one of them.

#4: Yeah, it really doesn't matter who's QB at this point.

#5: We need to work the portal hard for next season.
No
Highly Assumptive
Self contracdictory
Yet to be seen
No shit

Todd4State
10-16-2023, 03:36 AM
I don't think you understand the depths of the buddy system. Unless he goes winless it's a crap shoot at best.

I understand the situation. If we get beat 56-10 by Ole Miss they'll make new buddies very quickly. They can always scramble to keep Bumphis, Hughes, and Turner and that would happen in any coaching search situation.

If they win 7 games and turn it around I don't think anyone would expect this group to be fired anyway.

If we win 5-6 the scenario is dependent on the Egg Bowl to a degree.

Thing is the way we have looked and played unless we make significant improvements 4-8 is definitely on the table. As you know we'll both know in November.

Todd4State
10-16-2023, 03:38 AM

It's the Egg Bowl so we know anything can happen. But it's possible this one turns into a 49ers-Cowboys debacle.

Somehow I agree with both of these statements.

CoachT14
10-16-2023, 07:59 AM
I understand the situation. If we get beat 56-10 by Ole Miss they'll make new buddies very quickly. They can always scramble to keep Bumphis, Hughes, and Turner and that would happen in any coaching search situation.

If they win 7 games and turn it around I don't think anyone would expect this group to be fired anyway.

If we win 5-6 the scenario is dependent on the Egg Bowl to a degree.

Thing is the way we have looked and played unless we make significant improvements 4-8 is definitely on the table. As you know we'll both know in November.

The interesting part about this season right now is that it's more likely we go 3-9 than 7-5 at the current moment. That's crazy to think about.