PDA

View Full Version : After watching todays games

Dawgology
10-14-2023, 09:46 PM
I realize that A&M, Ark, Aub, South Carolina and Kentucky are all below average to terrible. If we had a halfway decent defense 8-4 would have been our floor this year with a solid shot at 10-2. How sad.

confucius say
10-14-2023, 09:53 PM
If we could be middle of the sec in offense and defense yes, 8-4 or better.
But we will not be top 8 in either

Turfdawg67
10-14-2023, 11:23 PM
I realize that A&M, Ark, Aub, South Carolina and Kentucky are all below average to terrible. If we had a halfway decent defense 8-4 would have been our floor this year with a solid shot at 10-2. How sad.

It's soooooo Mississippi State that we suck this bad when the SEC is ripe for the taking. And why is the SEC so bad... most teams are in the top 15-20 in recruiting every single year.

R2Dawg
10-15-2023, 07:04 AM
It's soooooo Mississippi State that we suck this bad when the SEC is ripe for the taking. And why is the SEC so bad... most teams are in the top 15-20 in recruiting every single year.

Perplexing isn't it. But everyone will tell you, you can buy a great team but the results say you can't. It ain't that simple or TAMU would be in playoffs every year.

Talent rankings suck and coaching matters a lot. Yes talent matters a lot but so many are bad at it. They missed on Chris Jones until the last minute. Think about that a minute.

Coaching evaluations are also hard to do especially until you see a full body of work over many years.

Leeshouldveflanked
10-15-2023, 07:18 AM
Mercenaries rarely fight as hard when the bullets start flying

TrapGame
10-15-2023, 07:57 AM

The Arkansas game is going to tell us a lot about this coaching staff. What has been addressed during the bye? If we have to start Wright can Barbay play to his strengths? Did Brock find a clue about being a DC?

Offshore Dawg
10-15-2023, 08:28 AM
Mercenaries rarely fight as hard when the bullets start flying

That's a good one ^^^^^^^

msudawg1200
10-15-2023, 08:46 AM
Western Michigan lost at home 34-21 to Miami,OH. Their QB, Wolff who looked like a combo of Montana, Marino, and Elway against us was 13-20 for a smooth 99 yards and 0 TDs, remember he was 27-35 for 262 with 3TDs against us in 2+ quarters. We are worse than Vandy and have by far the worst coaching staff in the SEC.

Ranchdawg
10-15-2023, 08:52 AM
The Arkansas game is going to tell us a lot about this coaching staff. What has been addressed during the bye? If we have to start Wright can Barbay play to his strengths? Did Brock find a clue about being a DC?

I?m hopeful. But we are basically at the mid point of season why should we expect anything dramatically different from what we?ve seen from previous. Defense is woefully slow and no or very little push up front. Wright at QB is possible bright spot but really is he that good. Sad

confucius say
10-15-2023, 09:04 AM
I'll be shocked if we're not 0-8 in the conference.

R2Dawg
10-15-2023, 04:26 PM

Yeah we gotta let season play out. Seen a lot of these as MSU fans. They sometimes turn out different than they look early on. Agree Ark game is a statement game for us - more of same or will we finish strong? 2nd half starts Sat.

TrapGame
10-15-2023, 05:52 PM
I'll be shocked if we're not 0-8 in the conference.

I'd love to be pleasantly surprised we manage at least two SEC wins but I won't be shocked if we go 0-8 either.

Yeah we gotta let season play out. Seen a lot of these as MSU fans. They sometimes turn out different than they look early on. Agree Ark game is a statement game for us - more of same or will we finish strong? 2nd half starts Sat.

If we look like a complete team on the road against Arkansas and pull off a win I'll back away from the ledge a little.

Schultzy
10-15-2023, 08:34 PM

15-20?!!? How bout 1-9 every friggin year